• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

detailed partners wanted!☠ [still open!]

nepenthe.

you are the universe ☆

tumblr_m57jkrzttk1r836szo1_500.gif

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Hello everyone! c: I thought I'd try a little something new and post a specific plot rather than open ended ideas, and hopefully you guys like it! My name is Bumbling Bee, but you're more than welcome to call me whatever you'd like, so long as...you know...it's nice

;) If you're interested in this, PM me whenever you find the time, or if you'd just like to help me bump this thread feel free to reply down below:) But before we get into the plot I have a few rules I'd like to go over real quick~ ^_^

Rules
Detail is kind of a big thing for me. I love reading nice and chunky texts and seeing the efforts and the details and the little quirks that my partner puts into their writing, I love seeing their writing style. And unfortunately I have a problem with one liners and really anything that is below at least two paragraphs, I just have a difficulty getting into the roleplay and it becomes much less enjoyable to me. Flexibility is definitely important, because I totally get writers block and I totally get it to - I'm not going to attack you for a few posts that are only a few paragraphs long. However, please don't make a habit of it! Otherwise I'll probably nicely say something!

:) So basically all I ask is that whomever stops by is a detailed and advanced roleplayer and can mirror my posts, and I will do the same! This being said, I'd love a sample post before brainstorming, and I'll gladly do the same upon request! c': Also, if you've read this far please let me know your favorite color and animal~ <3

Activity is a topic that always need to be discussed. I have a lot going on in my life, from college to boyfriend to friends to family, so from time to time I will poof out for a couple days or so! But I will come back and either let you know if I will be gone longer or if I'm back! And I'd really really appreciate it if you do that same! If you're bored with the roleplay and want to do something new, tell me and we can do something else! Or if it's just not working out tell me and I'll understand! Just communicate and everything will be peachy, my feelings won't be hurt! c:

Follow the Site Rules! It's as simple as that, not off site offer, no naughty erotic stuff, and please be respectful! That's all I ask :)

photofunky.gif

It's a dog eat dog world

This is a less forgiving world, with less forgiving people. And here, though in the rule book it may say 'don't do this' and 'expect severe retribution if you do

that

', but with corrupt politicians and police, the rich and violent are allowed to do whatever they please. Though the common folk try to abide by the rules set forth, and the police and politicians try to put up a good facade, the seedy underbelly of this world is thriving and rampant. Dog fights, black markets, murder, slave trade, and the most popular pit fighting are all not uncommon when walking through the streets at night - and unfortunately even at times during the day. Though the people try not to notice, they can't pretend they don't see leftover blood in the streets when they set off for work in the morning. However, there's one sport that isn't uncommon for all walks of life to enjoy watching occasionally, or as a nightly tradition. And that's pit fighting. Powerful men and violent men alike find abandoned warehouses to house these nightly fights to rake in as much cash as they could fit in their pockets. It'd be one thing if these were volunteers, but this is no the case. These fighters were and are all children stolen from the poor's homes and thrown into these pits and cages to fight to the death for the entertainment of others. These fights are set by age groups, children fight children, teens fight teens, and any fighter that turns older than twenty one is slaughtered to prevent rebellion. Each of the children if put in the pits to fight to the death, either by fist or weapons such as swords, knifes, axes, or brass knuckles if reached in time. At this time in pit fighting history, there is a powerful male fighter nicknamed The Viper, aged only eighteen years old and brought to the pits at a tender age of seven years. Like a deadly viper, his movement are languid and fluid and intentional, and when he finally lashes out it's quick, decisive, and deadly. He has never lost a fight, proven merely by the scars etched into his body and the fact that his heart still beats after all these years. He is the most talented and brutal killer in all of the district, other pits have sent their best fighters and in each one, Viper has emerged victorious. He's the pit owner's prize jewel, yet Viper is shown no kindness. People call him a monster, a killer with a thirst for blood and lover of the killing. Loved by no one, and loves no one. A regret less, black hearted twisted boy. Some people thinks he even enjoys it. And in a way, he does. He enjoys knowing he's on top, that he gets to live one more day at least. But with each killing, it's chipped away at him until there's nothing left. He doesn't show it, but it kills him to see the look in the loser's eyes as he dies. But he's stuck. If he hesitates, he dies.

Until one fateful day.

At night, he's sleeping in his cell before his next fight in the morning and the door opens and a crying girl is thrown inside, begging to go home. The sounds of it all is like clockwork to him, so he readies to go back to sleep, until she speaks to him. He looks into her eyes and he's overcome. Not by love and infatuation. But by the true goodness of the person she is. The true innocence, the kindness he can tell lies behind her fear. He hadn't seen such a person since he was stolen from his old life. He has the overwhelming urge to preserve and protect her. He can tell she's soft and weak and wouldn't survive but a day unless he does something, so that night instead of sleeping he tries to prepare her, and works behind the scene to ensure she survives at least her first fight. She grows stronger and more ready after a couple of fights but he sees that it's chipping away at her. He now has a reason to escape. And there's no way she's not coming with him.

Things to Know

?

I will be roleplaying Viper and you the girl, however if you'd much prefer to roleplay a male I can definitely have the Viper be female and your character male!

:)

?

Romance can be slowly slowly slowly introduced between the two, but I don't want it to be a main focus. First a foremost I want to focus on their relationship as friends who trust eachother completely, and then we can start filtering in some romance

:)

?

I would like this to be set in the modern world, minus the electricity and technology. We can discuss this more together <3

?

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask!! I intend for this to be violent and dark, if you have a problem with these two factors maybe we could roleplay something you'd like

^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, do you mind doing it? Still new on this site so don't know how to like send a message. Embarrassing, I know.

Hello! :) I'm more than happy to accept more than one partner! I looked at your writing sample and I love the quality, would you be alright with a bit more quantity? :)

Awesome! I'd be fine with that, yeah. :) I tend to mirror what I'm given anyways.

Yellow and pandas :P Hope this is okay :)

Maybe it was her Asian features or maybe it was her painfully obvious lack of grasp on the English language. Maybe it was both, So Ra wasn't sure. Whatever the case, the man had come to the realisation that he couldn't go wrong with adding a few hand gestures to his words, to which she was silently grateful.
Bowing politely once again, So Ra retreated meekly back behind the counter, where she came face-to-face with the wrath of one of Lizzy's outbursts. It was quickly becoming a habit of hers to give So Ra a friendly pep-talk every once in a while. It was quite refreshing to hear, since back at home in Korea, it was not customary to be so direct about things.

"Well? What happened?"

So Ra busied herself with some of the more tedious chores as she avoided crashing into the other waitresses occupying the relatively small space behind the counter, somewhat delaying the inevitable. After a few moments, she responded with a meek smile, telling Lizzy of the events - or lack thereof - that had transpired between her and the customer.

And then it came.

"Girl, I don't know what your looking for in a guy, but you said to me on the first day we met that your goal for coming to the US, other than the language reason, was to experience new things. And there-", she nudged her head subtly in the direction of the man's table, "is your new experience! Go on, clock off early. I'll cover you for today." So Ra hugged her gleefully as she mumbled in her ear, "I'll pay you back! Thank you!"

With a spring in her step, she ran up the stairs to her apartment in double time. She changed out of her uniform and into her daytime clothes, letting her hair fall loose and rest on her shoulders. After one last look in the mirror, she strolled back down to the café floor, making her way over to the man's table.

Maybe he has someone he's waiting for? I'd be in the way! Plus, he's eating, it would be rude to interrupt! He might just want to be alone, it wo-

"You like to draw?"

Somehow with all of her thinking, her brain had panicked, causing her to point at the first thing her eyes laid eyes on - the young man's sketchbook - and use it as a very thin and weak ice-breaker.

Well, this was mortifying.

I'm interested in this idea, if you're still accepting :)

Red and Corgis!

Last edited by a moderator:
blue and pandas.

oooh my gosh i'm lovin' the idea. i would love to rp with you sometime too, if you're interested. ;v; i'll pm you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back