• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Detailed Long-Term Partner Search

RealisticFantasy

✯ Raccoon Catcher ✯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Edit: Added writing samples.
Edit: Added some pairings of interest.

I've recently decided to get back into RP. I have a Baldur's Gate interest check posted but I wanted to also post a generic interest check to try and collect at least a partner or two since not much has come of that. I just want to write something that excites me again!

Please read this whole interest check before messaging me. Nothing is worse than someone that doesn't read and messages me about something that I'm totally not interested in.​

About Me
  • Eastern Standard Time, most active in the evenings
  • Full-time employee / Graduate Student
  • 24 years old (25 later this month)
  • Female
  • Literate+ (average 500+ word replies)
  • 10 or so years of RP experience
  • Longterm RP Partner
Unfortunately, these samples are all from the same RP. It's the only one I've been involved in recently and it's not even terribly recent. As you can see from the sample, my length varies slightly depending on the context and allowance for detail. If spacing is weird, it's because I copied them from discord. I tried to go through and fix it but I may have missed some spots.

The entirety of the castle was in an organized panic. Every servant, maid, adviser, guard knew what had to be done and they were doing it yet it felt as if every moment was fleeting and nothing was actually being accomplished. Mai'vyrn had grow accustomed to the sensation of overwhelming panic of those around her. It seemed that every day there was something to new to prepare – and panic – for. In the recent weeks, however, the intensity had reached a fever pitch she had never bore witness to before. This ball was to be her first introduction to the public since her coronation. And, much more was at stake with this ball than with her coronation… apparently. Vaeril had lectured her time and time again on the importance of a queenly presence. Every time he passed her in the halls or found her lazing about, he reminded her that "everyone will be there." But, the more he droned on and on about politics and diplomacy, the more she found her mind drifting. As it was now.

"Even if we don't find an appropriate suitor, forging the foundations of alliance is a significant tactile move on our part," Vaeril remarked from the other side of a divider where he couldn't see that Mai'vyrn had stopped listening entirely. He had been droning on for entirely too long and Mai’vyrn could only find refuge within her own mind.

One of the maids was assisting Mai with her dress that she was supposed to wear for the ball – a white dress with sparkling bodice and an obscenely large skirt. The shape was decidedly unflattering and the style somehow both too childish and too matrimonial. Despite the aesthetic offenses the dress bore, it was perhaps most offending in its gaudiness. Still, for all the political and diplomatic sway she held, Mai’vyrn had no power in her objections to her clothing. As the maid tightened the bodice to ensure a pleasing and exaggerated figure, a surprisingly strong yank caused Mai to give a surprised remark. This chided Vaeril on further – as she had on rare occasion found interest in his musings and he believed this to be one of those instances. She was prone to intellectual pursuits and childlike curiosity, though the present moment provided far more pressing concerns.

"Yes. 'Oh', indeed. That is why everything must go precisely to plan. This event is an extension of us, you and your virtues. In that way, this quite nearly requires the same level of strategy as a war plan."

"Oh, I can't breathe," Mai remarked, pressing a hand to her chest in a feeble attempt to pry the bodice from her compressed lungs. She was starting to feel lightheaded and dizzy. She had despised the dress to begin with and this was only causing her disdain to grow."I know. It is breathtaking," Vaeril answered as a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, the greatest extent to which emotion was ever displayed upon his face. His tone quite nearly betrayed his excitement as well, though Mai couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Vaeril, don't be ridiculous. I can't breathe." Turning to the maid, she demanded, "Loosen the damn thing!"

"Language, my queen," Vaeril scolded as he rose from the chair he was sitting in. He could hear the frantic fumbling on the other side of the divider. He was uncertain whether he should attempt to assist. His better judgement suggested it might be an invasion of privacy.

"I am dying, Vaeril," Mai spat, the melodrama of her reaction hardly dawning on her. The maid was trying her best to loosen the corset as quickly as she could, but the anxiety was clearly impeding her motor skills. Mai shouted yet another an expletive, finally deciding to reach for one of the knives sitting on a nearby vanity. She almost always carried something of the like on her, in honor of her lineage despite Vaeril’s condemnation of “such dangerous toys.” Without hesitation, she began carving down the front of the bodice.She might've stopped as soon as she could breathe fully again if she weren't in such a bad mood, but she instead had the intention to tear the monstrosity entirely in half. If only Vaeril hadn't come around to the other side of the divider as the sound of ripping fabric.

"Mai'vyrn--!" She looked up from her work, seemingly unfazed by Vaeril's dismay. The dress was held up solely by her hips, irreparably carved from chest to skirt. Her chest heaved both from exertion and frustration, covered solely by her underdress. For a moment, it seemed as if she might continue carving but the metallic clang of the heirloom knife hitting the cold floor shortly followed. "I'm going for a ride," She nonchalantly remarked, straightening her posture with a self-satisfied huff. She made her move to retreat to the safety of the stables. To her annoyance, despite all that had happened in the last few moments, Vaeril was annoyingly persistent.

"Tari, you must understand that we--"

"We? This is not a we thing, Vaeril," She snapped, motioning downward sharply to the torn dress. "I've tried on my whole wardrobe on at least seven different instances. My hair has been styled in every way imaginable. I am told about my complexion, my eye color, the thickness of my hair, my height, the width of my feet - all things I cannot change! I've been poked, prodded, examined, judged, styled, dressed, undressed, redressed, and have lost countless hours of sleep because of it. I am treated like a glass sculpture yet my hair is tugged and my clothes ripped off like a child's toy. I've been bathed in lotions, oils, ointments, elixirs, and perfumes. And, I am tired of only speaking to the same five people I've been talking to for the past eighteen years of my life. ""This is a me thing! And, me will," She interrupts herself to let out a shout of frustration at the error before providing a correction, "And, I will go for a ride whenever I damn well please!"With that, she didn't wait for whatever rebuttal Vaeril would manage to conjure up, storming down the hall to her room which housed a far more comfortable variety of clothing. Tearing off the horrid ballgown, she changed into something more subtle and flexible – an overdress that Vaeril might claim was “horribly undignified” in its simplicity. Still, it was made of far better materials than any commoner would happen across; The purity of the white fabric and the depth of the black dye impossible to find anywhere but behind these walls. The sleeves were made for style over function as the excess fabric enveloped her hands too fully for practicality.

As she collected a handful of things for her daytrip, she paused a moment to look down at the ballgown. It was torn beyond repair, surely. The bodice was completely split down the middle, and she had just begun to cut into the skirt. The cut too jagged and irregular for a simple repair. For a moment, she felt some sort of semblance of guilt. This dress might've been someone's livelihood. How many hours wasted for her selfish outburst? She shook her head. No. It was his fault for putting her in that thing and lecturing her about politics.She raced down to the stables, running through the halls of the castle with a childlike clumsiness. She spun in circles and bounced with excitement as she bounded through the halls, swiping anything she deemed useful for her outing. She only had moments before Vaeril surely had a chance to collect his thoughts and hunt her down. Stumbling into the barn with a little too much momentum, she startled the stableboy as she hit the wall of the stall. She greeted him with a breathy chuckle before asking him to saddle her prized horse, Fera. He complied with no objection and she was shortly left to her own devices. Picking a random direction, she started off without a second thought.

As she got farther and farther from the castle, the thought crossed her mind that this had been a blessing. She had never gotten the chance to roam freely this far away from the castle before. Someone else was always shortly in tow. Yes, this surely was Tirasea’s plan from the beginning.After all, it would be a waste to simply turn around and go back. Surely, she would never get a chance like this again. She would have to make the most of it – just for a day or two. Vaeril might not even notice her disappearance. With all the preparations he was consumed by, he might just chalk it up to her sulking and leave it be.Besides, even if he did notice, he could hardly punish her for it. The worst he could do was watch her more closely or restrict her free time to “queenly activities” only – nothing he hadn’t done a thousand times before. The more she thought about it, the more emboldened by her decision she became.She was so fixated on putting the most distance between her and the castle that she hardly noticed the setting sun. Taking stock of her surroundings, she noticed a decaying sign that stated she was only a short distance from the nearest town: Marienne.

The outskirts of the town were quiet, but the sounds of laughter and music floated down the street from several of the local taverns. She slowed Fera to a gentle trot, as she gazed with fascination on passersby along the town’s main road. People littered the streets in the early hours of the evening, talking and joking and flirting. She caught several intrigued and confused glances in her direction, but they paled in comparison to the attention she was accustomed to receiving. Mai squinted as she lifted her gaze to the sun that sat heavy above the horizon. There was no point in turning around now unless she intended to be riding through the woods alone through nightfall. No, she simply had no choice but to stay the night in Marienne. Oh, what a shame.

It was a peculiar feeling to enter a room and have nobody stare at or greet her immediately. The gazes she caught were quickly averted and the gossiping murmurs were lost on her in her giddy state. Here, she was a nobody. She was thrilled. She could do whatever she pleased without judgement or stern looks.

“I’d like a room,” She stated with a confident nod, approaching the innkeeper at what must have doubled as the front desk and bar. She leaned against the bar with a forced air of levity, attempting to imitate her idea of a commoner moreso than actually acting like one.

“It’ll be 5 silver pieces a night,” The innkeeper remarked offhandedly without a glance in her direction. He wiped the bar top with a dirty rag up to where her elbow rested.

“Alright,” She nodded again, expecting the innkeeper to reach for a key or something of the sort. Or at least offer some hospitality.

“Coin?” The innkeeper questioned. His gaze bore into hers with disturbing stoicism. “Oh,” Mai remarked, momentarily feeling for a coin pouch before realizing she left the castle with absolutely nothing of value in tow. That didn’t dampen her chipper mood, however, as she quipped, “I’m afraid I will have to repay you. But, don’t worry. My word is as good as silver.”

The innkeeper just scoffed, pushing her elbow out of the way to continue wiping the bar top. Mai’s head dipped as her support was knocked from under her, though she regained balance before any damage was done.

“If I let every hooligan that wandered in pay with their word, I’d be out of business. If you have nothing to offer, get out.”“I think you misunderstand. I’m Mai’vyrn Ba-” Mai chuckled as she objected to his demand. Surely, the innkeeper would be quite embarrassed at this realization. However, she didn’t have to opportunity to finish her thought as the innkeeper interjected.

“And, I’m the king – king of this inn and I say get out.” Mai didn’t move at first, only chuckling nervously as she thought he was joking. She blinked slowly, waiting for the tension to dissipate. When the innkeeper’s grim expression didn’t change, she found herself with no option but to reevaluate. She turned heel and headed back out into the cold Marienne night.

The words left his mouth but seemed to hang in the air a moment longer before reaching her ears. She watched his lips move as he spoke them, the silence between them seemingly growing thicker with each fleeting second. Her posture, her expression remained almost entirely unchanged. Her eyes narrowed for just a fraction of a second, serving as the sole indication of what was to come. She felt the fury once again begin to bubble up in her. After all she had sacrificed, she couldn’t have a moment of peace to herself? Even here, even now, in this moment, she tried to show patience, compassion, temperance again and again to one so wholly undeserving of it. Must petty squabbles so oft resort to violence?

With a gentle shrug and soft sigh, she released all the tension in her body. A smile found its way into her expression though it carried with it a hint of malice. Her mind had been made up. It was time the thief learned his lesson.

“Ah, well then. I think it’s time I be on my wa—” She began to turn ever so slightly back toward Fera as she spoke, feigning her escape. Using the moment as a distraction to catch him off guard, she brought her right arm up to elbow him squarely in the nose as her left grabbed the knife from his loosened grip.

“Ah, oh!” She mock gasped, feigning surprise at the outcome as she turned to face him yet again. Stifling laughter as he stumbled back, she gave the knife a gentle flip in the air and its handle landing firmly in her palm.

“Look who’s got the butterknife now.”

"Leave it there, before you've got yourself more trouble than she's worth," he warned as if scolding an ill-behaved dog. Mai’s turned her focus to the voice of the not-so-stranger she had become acquainted with only a brief time ago. Her expression so artificially neutral that it could only be hiding recognition, thought the subtleties of her brow hardly held the interest of the hoodlums.

She thought it curious that he could so easily identify from where she hailed. Was it due to his keen observational skills or was she truly parading herself around like treasure to be plundered? Again, she found her gaze locked on the thief as she took him in more fully. Despite his bloodied face, he did have a sort of handsomeness about him – a face that upon closer examination was out of place among the rough and tumble.

Then a thought of a different chord struck her mind – This was the hero Tirasea sent to save her, the path she was destined to walk upon? The briefest of grimaces tugged at the corner of her mouth.

Have faith in Her holy plan, Mai chided herself. Once is coincidence. Twice is serendipitous. Thrice is Divined. And Mai’vyrn prided herself on never having needed three holy interventions.

As her internal dramatics quieted, Mai was consumed once again by the heavy silence. The tension settled in the silence as Mai glanced between the four men. Then suddenly, as if snapping into a character, Mai relaxed and offered a small smirk.

“Ah, yes. The royal army will be upon us only momentarily,” She joked as the air found a moment of levity as the trio let out stifled and reluctant chuckles.

“You are… acquainted?” Mai inquired to the thief with a nod to the trio and only passing judgement. Her voice carried a certain quiet disappointment in it. She had a keen habit of taking in all details, subtleties, and implications. The character of one’s company spoke volumes to one’s own character.

You are acquainted?” The leader of the trio echoed, reminding Mai that she wasn’t alone with the thief.

“Only in that he has had a similar experience to which you are about to have if we are to proceed,” Mai retorted sharply, her malice no longer guised. The conversation had been between her and the thief and this thug was now intruding. With a questionable ally questionably at her side, her confidence had been regained. It took little to inspire of a lifetime of command.

The leader chewed on the silence as his underlings looked between him and Mai for any indication to act. The slight on his part was surely not well taken but it seemed as if Cyr’s earlier warning had not fallen upon deaf ears. More trouble than she’s worth.

“Desperation clouds judgement,” The leader scoffed to Cyr after a long moment of silence, the implication of those three words lost on Mai’vyrn. And with that, the trio turned to leave.

My Roleplay Musts
  • You are 18+. Sorry to the younger folks. My RPs tend to have romance and/or dark themes so I don't feel comfortable with writing with minors.
  • You are able to write multiparagraph and well-written responses. It's fine if there's a mistake or a typo even once in a while. I'm a chronic non-proofreader because I get so excited about the RP. However, if you're constantly making obvious mistakes or your writing is just boring, I will lose interest.
  • You like to chat OOC. I like for my partners to be my friends. I border on shitposting when it comes to our characters. I want to fangirl over little details, share ideas and memes, and just generally have a good time. Dry conversation will sap literally all of my excitement.
  • I like to play female OCs. I have no problem using a fandom as a base or if you choose to play a canon character. I just get too caught up in getting it "right" to enjoy writing something that is solely canonical. I prefer to use canon as a framework and allow for flexibility and creativity.
  • You like to plot! I typically like to come up with a major plot point or two to get started and go from there but I really enjoy when my partner and I can go back and forth on ideas. It keeps things fresh. Similar to the above point, I like a loose framework to give us structure but allow for creativity. I will get burnout very quickly if you never suggest any plot, world, or character ideas.

My Roleplay Preferences
  • You are in the same or similar timezone. It's always a bonus when our schedules align so we can collaborate better!
  • You like a good romance! It doesn't have to be love at first sight (though it can be where appropriate!). In fact, a lowkey sort of enemies to lovers situation is my favorite start to a romance. I love a good central romance between our characters. I typically RP MxF but am definitely willing to do otherwise!
  • You like to focus on a single main character. Not that there are no other characters in the entire world but the story is told through the lens of the main character. I still write in third person but the narrator is describing things from the character's perspective. The little details like how another character is referred to is an indication of how the MC views the world, you know? I could probably explain that better but I hope you get the point. I can double but I feel that my writing suffers when I do.
  • You are able to reply on a relatively frequent basis. I like to try and reply as least once a day. Sometimes schedules don't allow for that! I've waited months and even years for the right RP so I'm not short on patience. The OOC chatter can satiate me. However, the more frequently you can reply means the more frequently I can reply!
  • You are willing to provide a writing sample. This is the fastest way for me to tell if I'll be interested in RPing with you. Certain styles of writing are just less interesting to me than others. Sometimes I read someone's writing and it just feels like a chore for me to get through. I rather be upfront about it than the alternative.
  • You are ghost-friendly. I have a packed schedule and a lot of anxiety. Sometimes replying or even telling you that I'm feeling overwhelmed feels like a lot. While it's unlikely that I'll just drop ya, sometimes things come up. If you give me a few days, maybe a few weeks, I'll come back around. If you are not ghost-friendly, just let me know and I'll be sure to give you a heads up when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Conversely, I am ghost-friendly, though I might try to give you a few bumps!

Themes Word Bank
I don't really have plots in mind. I thought I would provide a word bank (as I've seen others do so thanks for the idea!) of themes/concepts that interest me. IF any of these strike your fancy, let me know! This definitely isn't a collection of everything I'm interested in so if there's an idea you have that even kind fits any of these, feel free to reach out.

Supernatural | Fantasy | Power Imbalance | Sunshine vs. Grumpy | Challenging the Status Quo | Cliche | Destiny | Different Worlds | Forbidden Love | Disillusionment | Reluctant Hero | Chosen One | Angst | Martyr | Us Against the World | Change vs Tradition | Sacrifice | Optimism | Naiveite | Otherness | Love and Acceptance | Space | Danger | Bravery | Facade vs Reality | Internal Dialogue | Personal Growth | Pirates(?) | Period Piece | Lore-Adjacent / Lore-Inspired | Loss & Grief | Changed for the Better | Kingdoms | Royalty | Glorious Purpose | Adventure
Potential Pairings
Some random pairings without a plot that pique my interest. Bold is my preferred role. If neither are bolded, I am interested in either! As mentioned above, these aren't all my interests. If you have something similar in mind, send me a PM.
* indicates level of interest on a scale of 1 to 5, ***** being most interested

Witch (Other Occult maybe?) x Witch/Monster Hunter *****
Royalty
x Commoner ***
Medium x Ghost **
Angel
x Demon ****
Booksmart
x Streetsmart *
Alien
x Space Explorer ***
Companion