• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕦𝕤, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕓𝕪 𝕦𝕤 (originals, adv literate) updated 01/14/24 - i'm back!

lawless ladybug

live to make people smile, little sunflower~
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ your friendly neighborhood bug ♥
  • 27 year old with she/her pronouns
  • tired, under paid, inspired
  • i like to make friends
  • usually good for a post a day, and possibly more if schedules align well
  • GMT -6, works way too many hours. love that for me

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ in search of ♥
  • 21+ partner (nothing against younger writers, i'm just getting old)
  • advanced lit - able to write 3-10 paragraphs with quality spelling & grammar
  • has discord for ooc

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ what i'm willing to write ♥
  • fxf > mxf > mxm
    • trans and nonbinary friendly!
  • modern > historical, i've never enjoyed futuristic
  • fantasy, action, horror, adventure, ROMANCE PLS
    • seriously, i'm a sucker for romance, i need ittttttttttt

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ the nitty gritty ♥

i'm going to drop my own samples below, please send me your own so i can look at your style~

i love chatting and getting to know my partner. one of my longest ever friends started as an RP partner. even if we never become best friends, i think it's really important to get along and build rapport.

in settings where mxf is picked, i will always want the f role. i'm open to doubling if the plot calls for it, though!

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ plot ideas ♥
  • SUPER CRAVING - psychic medium*/demonologist or other ghost hunter (Ed & Lorraine Warren but possibly make it queer?)
  • Freshly turned vampire*/vampire coven leader during some sort of supernatural war
  • Two (or more) strangers rent a haunted house, horror and hilarity ensues
  • An unlikely pairing of two supernaturals (hate to love)
  • Reincarnated soulmate* runs into their ancient lover (vampire, werewolf, etc), and together they have o kill the person determined to take them both down (prophecy, rule the world, war)
  • Anything to do with hunting a serial killer (will not do a romantic pairing where the serial killer is part of the romance)
  • Your craving! Bring them to me. If it's modern, involves spooks or fantasy, I could very well be down. I'm really not into sci-fi, but I'm willing to talk about historical inspired plots, even if I'm a bit picky with them.

Now some more fleshed out plots (finally):
Any pairings (M//, F//, or M/F - gendered pronouns are only used to write the prompt)
* is the character i gravitate towards

• Unavailable - story already in progress
    He's a literal beast - a creature of the night, and a terror on full moons. His pack has laid claims to the forest, where intruders are anything but welcome. It's a dog eat dog world, and so when the fae try to encroach on their territory, threats of a war loom. Unless, perhaps, the pack is willing to strike a treaty, and get their own personal healer in the form of a fairy. Territorial battles between packs are common, and other supernaturals want to be top dog. Having a healer could be an undeniable asset.
    • Also willing to do this one as more of a SoL. Maybe the beast doesn't want the fairy at first, but recognizes taking her in was better than an all out war. Then slowly that disdain turns to softness, and the fairy becomes something of a den mother to the pack.
  • Unavailable - story already in progress
    In the not so distant future, humans and supernaturals are ruled with an iron fist by the Sovereigns. Communication between the humans and supernaturals beyond what is required by assigned job duties is absolutely forbidden. When circumstances bring two together, will their love be strong enough to lead a rebellion and overthrow the Sovereigns?
    • This one will need some serious world building and plotting, please be ready for that if this piques your interest!
  • They don't know each other. Whether they were in the forest to camp, hunt, or simply hike and enjoy nature, the result was the same. All they know is that no matter how hard they try, they can't leave the forest. In fact, if they travel outside of a five mile radius, they're rather suddenly transported back to the very center. If the distance between them goes beyond a mile, they'll be thrust to the point that is the center of that distance, quite literally crashing together. They aren't alone in the forest, and every night the rustling leaves and booming growls get closer. Can two clashing personalities get along in order to find a way out of this purgatory?
  • She's been hunting the Gray Demon for nearly a year. A single whisper from the monster can convince someone of delusion so intense, they would commit the most unspeakable crimes. In New York it convinced a chef his customers wanted to eat him instead of the food, and he went on a massacre with a cleaver. It convinced a teenager swimming in a lake she didn't need air, and she drowned herself.... It convinced her daughter to go with it. Now she* needs to team up with a soldier not only to get her daughter back, but before the Gray Demon does the unthinkable - use the country's emergency broadcast system to destroy them all.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ contact ♥
if you're interested, please PM me here with a sample and a bit about you! if there's a specific plot from my list you're interested in, let me know! and of course, if you're coming with your own craving, i can't wait to hear about it~

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ drumroll please.... SAMPLE TIME! ♥
Long ass opener with multi characters
“Goddammit, Andi!”

“I didn’t start it!” the raven hair woman hissed back.

“Well, you surely finished it, didn’t you?” Lincoln asked, fingers full of ink raking through his hair.

Andi’s eyes returned to where Anthony laid on the floor. He was still breathing, so she really wasn’t sure what Linc was getting his panties in a wad over. Anthony had been stirring a hell of a lot of trouble up lately, and when he decided to sneak into Andi’s cabin in the dead of night with aggressive lust, her baseball bat had found his head. Among other places.

“I didn’t kill him,” Andi said plainly, “You should be thanking me, Linc. Maybe he’ll shape the fuck up now.”

At the wink she gave him, Lincoln heaved out a sigh.

Andi spent the next few hours getting back to the sleep that had been interrupted. Lincoln heaved Anthony into a fireman’s carry, bringing him back to his own cabin with plenty of cursing and grunting. Once the idiot was laying in his bed, Lincoln decided it was best to bind his wrists to the headrest. Why he had adopted a sort of leader role, he wouldn’t understand. He found himself too often annoyed or angry.

He had found the abandoned cabins only six months ago, quite literally stumbling into one. He had been scouting the forest for some time, attempting to find somewhere he could disappear from society. He didn’t know what had brought him there. The cabins were nestled in thick trees, almost an hour’s drive from the first bit of society. They were dilapidated, leaking in the rain and drafty in the cool months.

It was perfect. Lincoln hadn’t been sure what compelled him to begin slowly making all the cabins somewhat liveable. He had been alone among them for nearly a month before Andi came along.

“I have no clue how I found this place,” she had told him that first night, sipping on a warm beer in front of a bonfire, “I needed a place that I could exist in without the real world. I don’t belong there. The woods seemed like a good place to disappear, and I kept wandering for three days.”

“What exactly were you looking for?” Lincoln asked, his bass voice quiet.

“I don’t really know,” she responded, watching as Lincoln skinned a rabbit to begin cooking Andi’s first meal in too long, “I’d find a clearing or a little cave and think ‘Alright, this is the place for now.’ I’d go to sleep, wake up, and then I was moving again. Nothing felt right.”

Lincoln could relate to that feeling all too well. That was five months ago, and since then, they had gained a handful of others that had stories much the same. No one knew how they found the small pack of rejects, but all had the strange feeling of looking for something.

By the time the third newcomer arrived, Lincoln realized no one truly knew how to survive the way they needed to here. He began teaching, providing, and eventually, the cabins were no longer in danger of collapsing. They had two makeshift showers along the thick tree line that lined the clearing they made.

Trees fell and were chopped into firewood. Snares were taught and he had even begun allowing Davey to join him while hunting. Andi saw the shift from the beginning. Lincoln was a stoic, sometimes angry man, but he was a good man. He did what he could to create a semblance of a life in the middle of the woods.

Eventually, Davey decided their little community was called the Graveyard. An homage to Lincoln’s surname as the founder, as well as the running joke that they were all finally dead to society.

Andi wasn’t a leader. She wasn’t necessarily a follower either, but she made herself useful all the same. Charismatic, bright, and tough, she was something like the welcoming committee. When one or two would trickle in, she would take them to speak to Lincoln. Invariably, Lincoln welcomed them immediately.

From there, Andi gave them a quick tour, assigned them to one of the five cabins, and explained the very few rules they had in place.

Don’t fuck with anyone unless they fuck with you first. Firearms were strictly banned, though any other weaponry was allowed. Make yourself useful in whatever way fit. Lastly - anyone was free to leave the Graveyard, but they were to never speak of it. This was solely for protection. Almost everyone that came in had someone after them. The law, drug lords, human traffickers, the list went on.

The sky was turning gray as dawn slowly approached. Lincoln had done what he could to treat Anthony. The man would wake up, but he’d have one hell of a headache. He was working to build a fire, already having collected a few rabbits, wild onions, and a satchel of mushrooms. It wasn’t exactly a conventional breakfast, but those that came adapted quickly. They didn’t have much of a choice.

Still, Lincoln knew he needed to make a town run soon. As of now, he was the only person with an actual income, thanks to the money laundering his brother helped him with. They needed more soap, blankets, the things he could replace by nature if they weren’t beyond his scope of knowledge.

He glanced up when the door to the tiny cabin Andi had claimed as her own opened and she strolled out buck naked. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head a bit. The moment people realized civilization was behind them, he swore they turned feral. Possibly himself included.

“Shower time?” he asked her, eyes focused on the kindling he was carefully arranging.

“You got it, sugar,” Andi replied, making her way to the water jug dangling off a low branch. Some brought sheets out to give them a small amount of privacy. Andi was not and would never be a modest woman. Everyone in the camp had seen her naked quite often.

Privately, Lincoln wondered just how fucked up the woman was.

Turning the spigot, Andi began the slow process of cleaning herself with the only water pressure available gravity. The day was cool, the scent of rain in the air. Lincoln was getting quite tired of the constant, soaking drizzle. Only a few weeks prior, a massive thunderstorm had come through, and since the rain seemed constant.

“Smells like rain again today,” Lincoln called from where he squatted near the now growing fire, “I’m sick of the damn rain.”

“When life gives you a rainy day,” Andi hollered back, “Play in the puddles.”

“I’ll drown in the puddles at this rate,” Lincoln grumbled, knowing Andi couldn’t hear him and not caring a bit.

Harmony the Seer
The cold bite of metal under her skin was uncomfortable, but it was nothing compared to the agony of phantom limb syndrome. She could look down and see that her leg ended in a nub at the knee, but the missing calf held the memory of a grenade.

There was a doctor floating above her, though she couldn’t quite make him out other than the gleam of glasses in bright light and a smile too wide. This was supposed to help. She wasn’t fully aware of what happened or where she was, but this would help.

“AnthropoTech thanks you for your contract,” he said brightly, adjusting an IV bag, “You were deemed unfit to fight. We’re going to change that, soldier, and you will fight again.”

Then there was darkness. Little floated through the haze, though occasionally she heard voices.

“Did you think regrowing a leg would be easy? … I’ve done the research… Starfish, yes… Out of ten subjects, all have died… No, the modifications this time are promising…”

Agony. Absolute fucking agony. She screamed, the feeling of sweat dripping off her body. The flash of a grotesquely small calf attached to her knee. More pain. Was her leg on fire? On it went with no way to tell time, and then it stopped. She was in a hospital bed. There were bars over the window. Sitting up, she dared to pull the covers aside. Her left leg was back. This was no phantom limb. With bated breath, she wiggled her toes.

“You did well, General Alveras,” the doctor said as he entered the room, and confusion struck. She wasn’t a General or an Alveras, she was… “You will have two days to rest. After that, your first assignment. You specialized in explosives in Iraq, yes? Well, we’ve got a few… competitors that need a fright and setback. Welcome to AnthropoTech, soldier. Your patriotism is over. You belong to us now.”

The scene faded, a face appearing through the darkness. A woman with short hair, a strong build, and defined features. There was the overwhelming feeling of trust and protection, and then…

Harmony bolted upright in bed, her pale body drenched in sweat. Taking a shuddering breath in, she scrambled off the mattress crammed in the corner of her camper and stumbled her way outside. Almost immediately she fell on her hands and knees, bile rising in her throat before her stomach was emptying itself violently.

“What the fuck was that?” she whispered to herself, raising a shaking hand to her forehead.

That had been a week ago. Harmony had drawn the woman, drawn the doctor, and even drawn the leg that had somehow been regrown. She’d researched AnthropoTech, though she didn’t find out more than she’d already known. A renowned medical technology corporation that had reinvented prosthetics and surgeries for those injured at war or in police work. What she hadn’t known was that they were regrowing limbs and collecting soldiers to… What? Bomb their competitors? That seemed unbelievable.
Until just four days after the premonition when Atom Limbs had an explosion in their silicone factory that resulted in twelve deaths. She saw the surveillance video that had been all over the news. A masked man kicked in a metal door in a single strike, using his left leg that Harmony was certain had been recently regrown.

In a practiced frenzy, she’d packed up her camper, hitched it to her truck, and she was gone. It was unlike her to stay in one place for long. Since Ardella’s murder, her home had been where she parked. She had no bathroom or kitchen, but she made due.

She drove for twelve straight hours, the old truck creaking and the camper wobbling behind her. From the outskirts of Seattle to Mount Sutro Forest in California, she drove and she thought.

Setting up camp was fairly quick. She ran into town after setting up the camper, only spending the money to put gas in her truck and get a few jugs of fresh water. She bathed in a stream and snared a rabbit. By the time night was falling, she was skinning it and setting the fur off to dry.

Harmony had what she considered a healthy fear of the dark. For years she’d followed her premonitions to those who needed her. The ones who heard bumps in the night, whose partners had suddenly turned angry and violent with no explanation. Often she received money for her services. Other times, a hot meal and a real shower was all she needed. No matter the outcome, she took as little as she could. Most of her clients were under the impression their monsters were demons or spirits. Harmony knew better. She knew that most monsters were men and women who’d broken. Most monsters were the ones that walked among them for years unnoticed.

So there she sat, in front of a fire with her tiny camper behind her. Painted black with bright flowers, it was the only home she’d known for half a decade. The old GMC was beat up, the green paint chipping and rust steadily growing. She couldn’t stand to get rid of it. It’d been the first thing she’d bought to give herself freedom.

“AnthropoTech,” Harmony murmured, seemingly talking to the cooked rabbit she was tearing apart, “That’s a big fish to fry, Mr. Cottontail. What the fuck did the universe get me into?”

She ate, drank a good helping of water, and then she simply stared at the sketch of the woman, a joint pinched between her fingers and a plethora of questions in her mind.

Shorter reaction post
Theo’s expression didn’t change at Colton’s admonishments, muscles slack and green eyes blinking in slow boredom. “I’m always worth the wait, sugar,” was the simple response, and then he pulled the folder towards him and flipped it open. A hand flagged down a waitress, and soon enough an ashtray was placed on their table and a cigarette was dangling from the man’s lips.

He had to admit Colton was right - it didn’t seem like much from the information given. The location had once been an insane asylum, shut down in the forties and left to be weathered by the elements. It was purchased rather recently, and although the structure had stood the test of time, the thing needed an entire overhaul before it could be used.

“An old asylum leads me to think of a poltergeist,” Theo said, pushing the folder back towards Colton before tapping the ash off the end of his smoke, “All those emotions and hurt tend to stick around. It doesn’t seem like much, but do you really think Tucker would send the two of us for a goddamn poltergeist?”

His eyes rolled before he was sitting back, idly fingering the rim of his coffee. “Listen, neither of us want to be paired with the other,” he muttered, barely concealing his own annoyance, “So let’s get this shit taken care of and hope for a reassignment. The faster we get it done, the faster we can potentially be out of each other’s hair. You know that I’m damn good at this, and I know the same of you. We don’t have to like each other, we just have to work together. Deal?”

Theo stamped out the end of the smoke before offering his hand out with a cocked brow. In his opinion, there was no way in hell he and Colton would get along, but they could trust each other enough to know they wouldn’t get the other killed. That was enough. It had to be.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Good Job GIF by Dyanapyehchek

• 26 year old with she/her pronouns
  • i like to make friends
  • GMT -6, works 9-5 without weekends off. love that for me

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ in search of ♥
  • 21+ partner
  • advanded lit - able to write 3-10 paragraphs with quality spelling & grammar
  • has discord for ooc

• mxf = fxf > mxm
  • modern > historical, i've never enjoyed futuristic or sci-fi
    • seriously, i'm a sucker for romance, it need ittttttttttt

i'm going to drop my own samples below, but i am going to ask you for one. i have a writing degree and have been having a hard time finding partners that truly challenge me to bring forth my best.

i love chatting and getting to know my partner. one of my longest ever friends started as an RP partner. even if we never become best friends, i think it's really important to get along and build rapport.

in settings where mxf is picked, i will always want the f role. i'm open to doubling if the plot calls for it, though!

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ plot ideas ♥
  • Freshly turned vampire*/vampire coven leader during some sort of supernatural war
  • Reincarnated soulmate* runs into their ancient lover (vampire, werewolf, etc), and together they have o kill the person determined to take them both down (prophecy, rule the world, war)
  • Anything to do with hunting a serial killer (will not do a romantic pairing where the serial killer is part of the romance)
  • Your craving! Bring them to me. If it's modern, involves spooks or fantasy, I could very well be down. I'm really not into sci-fi, but I'm willing to talk about historical inspired plots, even if I'm a bit picky with them.

M/F pairings
  • He's a literal beast - a creature of the night, and a terror on full moons. His pack has laid claims to the forest, where intruders are anything but welcome. It's a dog eat dog world, and so when the fae try to encroach on their territory, threats of a war loom. Unless, perhaps, the pack is willing to strike a treaty, and get their own personal healer in the form of a fairy. Territorial battles between packs are common, and other supernaturals want to be top dog. Having a healer could be an undeniable asset.
    • Also willing to do this one as more of a SoL. Maybe the beast doesn't want the fairy at first, but recognizes taking her in was better than an all out war. Then slowly that disdain turns to softness, and the fairy becomes something of a den mother to the pack.
  • Star-Crossed closed, already have this one going
    In the not so distant future, humans and supernaturals are ruled with an iron fist by the Sovreigns. Communication between the humans and supernaturals beyond what is required by assigned job duties is absolutely forbidden. When circumstances bring two together, will their love be strong enough to lead a rebellion and overthrow the Sovreigns?
    • This one will need some serious world building and plotting, please be ready for that if this piques your interest!
Any pairings (M//, F//, or M/F - gendered pronouns can be changed if used to write a prompt)
  • They don't know each other. Whether they were in the forest to camp, hunt, or simply hike and enjoy nature, the result was the same. All they know is that no matter how hard they try, they can't leave the forest. In fact, if they travel outside of a five mile radius, they're rather suddenly transported back to the very center. If the distance between them goes beyond a mile, they'll be thrust to the point that is the center of that distance, quite literally crashing together. They aren't alone in the forest, and every night the rustling leaves and booming growls get closer. Can two clashing personalities get along in order to find a way out of this purgatory?
  • She's been hunting the Gray Demon for nearly a year. A single whisper from the monster can convince someone of delusion so intense, they would commit the most unspeakable crimes. In New York it convinced a chef his customers wanted to eat him instead of the food, and he went on a massacre with a cleaver. It convinced a teenager swimming in a lake she didn't need air, and she drowned herself.... It convinced her daughter to go with it. Now she needs to team up with someone not only to get her daughter back, but before the Gray Demon does the unthinkable - use the country's emergency broadcast system to destroy them all.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ contact ♥
if you're interested, please PM me here with a sample and a bit about you! if there's a specific plot from my list you're interested in, let me know! and of course, if you're coming with your own craving, i can't wait to hear about it~

“Goddammit, Andi!”

“Well, you surely finished it, didn’t you?” Lincoln asked, fingers full of ink raking through his hair.

Andi’s eyes returned to where Anthony laid on the floor. He was still breathing, so she really wasn’t sure what Linc was getting his panties in a wad over. Anthony had been stirring a hell of a lot of trouble up lately, and when he decided to sneak into Andi’s cabin in the dead of night with aggressive lust, her baseball bat had found his head. Among other places.

“I didn’t kill him,” Andi said plainly, “You should be thanking me, Linc. Maybe he’ll shape the fuck up now.”

Andi spent the next few hours getting back to the sleep that had been interrupted. Lincoln heaved Anthony into a fireman’s carry, bringing him back to his own cabin with plenty of cursing and grunting. Once the idiot was laying in his bed, Lincoln decided it was best to bind his wrists to the headrest. Why he had adopted a sort of leader role, he wouldn’t understand. He found himself too often annoyed or angry.

He had found the abandoned cabins only six months ago, quite literally stumbling into one. He had been scouting the forest for some time, attempting to find somewhere he could disappear from society. He didn’t know what had brought him there. The cabins were nestled in thick trees, almost an hour’s drive from the first bit of society. They were dilapidated, leaking in the rain and drafty in the cool months.

It was perfect. Lincoln hadn’t been sure what compelled him to begin slowly making all the cabins somewhat liveable. He had been alone among them for nearly a month before Andi came along.

“I have no clue how I found this place,” she had told him that first night, sipping on a warm beer in front of a bonfire, “I needed a place that I could exist in without the real world. I don’t belong there. The woods seemed like a good place to disappear, and I kept wandering for three days.”

“I don’t really know,” she responded, watching as Lincoln skinned a rabbit to begin cooking Andi’s first meal in too long, “I’d find a clearing or a little cave and think ‘Alright, this is the place for now.’ I’d go to sleep, wake up, and then I was moving again. Nothing felt right.”

Lincoln could relate to that feeling all too well. That was five months ago, and since then, they had gained a handful of others that had stories much the same. No one knew how they found the small pack of rejects, but all had the strange feeling of looking for something.

By the time the third newcomer arrived, Lincoln realized no one truly knew how to survive the way they needed to here. He began teaching, providing, and eventually, the cabins were no longer in danger of collapsing. They had two makeshift showers along the thick tree line that lined the clearing they made.

Trees fell and were chopped into firewood. Snares were taught and he had even begun allowing Davey to join him while hunting. Andi saw the shift from the beginning. Lincoln was a stoic, sometimes angry man, but he was a good man. He did what he could to create a semblance of a life in the middle of the woods.

Eventually, Davey decided their little community was called the Graveyard. An homage to Lincoln’s surname as the founder, as well as the running joke that they were all finally dead to society.

Andi wasn’t a leader. She wasn’t necessarily a follower either, but she made herself useful all the same. Charismatic, bright, and tough, she was something like the welcoming committee. When one or two would trickle in, she would take them to speak to Lincoln. Invariably, Lincoln welcomed them immediately.

From there, Andi gave them a quick tour, assigned them to one of the five cabins, and explained the very few rules they had in place.

Don’t fuck with anyone unless they fuck with you first. Firearms were strictly banned, though any other weaponry was allowed. Make yourself useful in whatever way fit. Lastly - anyone was free to leave the Graveyard, but they were to never speak of it. This was solely for protection. Almost everyone that came in had someone after them. The law, drug lords, human traffickers, the list went on.

The sky was turning gray as dawn slowly approached. Lincoln had done what he could to treat Anthony. The man would wake up, but he’d have one hell of a headache. He was working to build a fire, already having collected a few rabbits, wild onions, and a satchel of mushrooms. It wasn’t exactly a conventional breakfast, but those that came adapted quickly. They didn’t have much of a choice.

Still, Lincoln knew he needed to make a town run soon. As of now, he was the only person with an actual income, thanks to the money laundering his brother helped him with. They needed more soap, blankets, the things he could replace by nature if they weren’t beyond his scope of knowledge.

He glanced up when the door to the tiny cabin Andi had claimed as her own opened and she strolled out buck naked. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head a bit. The moment people realized civilization was behind them, he swore they turned feral. Possibly himself included.

“Shower time?” he asked her, eyes focused on the kindling he was carefully arranging.

“You got it, sugar,” Andi replied, making her way to the water jug dangling off a low branch. Some brought sheets out to give them a small amount of privacy. Andi was not and would never be a modest woman. Everyone in the camp had seen her naked quite often.

Turning the spigot, Andi began the slow process of cleaning herself with the only water pressure available gravity. The day was cool, the scent of rain in the air. Lincoln was getting quite tired of the constant, soaking drizzle. Only a few weeks prior, a massive thunderstorm had come through, and since the rain seemed constant.

“Smells like rain again today,” Lincoln called from where he squatted near the now growing fire, “I’m sick of the damn rain.”

“I’ll drown in the puddles at this rate,” Lincoln grumbled, knowing Andi couldn’t hear him and not caring a bit.

Harmony the Seer
The cold bite of metal under her skin was uncomfortable, but it was nothing compared to the agony of phantom limb syndrome. She could look down and see that her leg ended in a nub at the knee, but the missing calf held the memory of a grenade.

There was a doctor floating above her, though she couldn’t quite make him out other than the gleam of glasses in bright light and a smile too wide. This was supposed to help. She wasn’t fully aware of what happened or where she was, but this would help.

“AnthropoTech thanks you for your contract,” he said brightly, adjusting an IV bag, “You were deemed unfit to fight. We’re going to change that, soldier, and you will fight again.”

Then there was darkness. Little floated through the haze, though occasionally she heard voices.

“Did you think regrowing a leg would be easy? … I’ve done the research… Starfish, yes… Out of ten subjects, all have died… No, the modifications this time are promising…”

Agony. Absolute fucking agony. She screamed, the feeling of sweat dripping off her body. The flash of a grotesquely small calf attached to her knee. More pain. Was her leg on fire? On it went with no way to tell time, and then it stopped. She was in a hospital bed. There were bars over the window. Sitting up, she dared to pull the covers aside. Her left leg was back. This was no phantom limb. With bated breath, she wiggled her toes.

“You did well, General Alveras,” the doctor said as he entered the room, and confusion struck. She wasn’t a General or an Alveras, she was… “You will have two days to rest. After that, your first assignment. You specialized in explosives in Iraq, yes? Well, we’ve got a few… competitors that need a fright and setback. Welcome to AnthropoTech, soldier. Your patriotism is over. You belong to us now.”

The scene faded, a face appearing through the darkness. A woman with short hair, a strong build, and defined features. There was the overwhelming feeling of trust and protection, and then…

Harmony bolted upright in bed, her pale body drenched in sweat. Taking a shuddering breath in, she scrambled off the mattress crammed in the corner of her camper and stumbled her way outside. Almost immediately she fell on her hands and knees, bile rising in her throat before her stomach was emptying itself violently.

“What the fuck was that?” she whispered to herself, raising a shaking hand to her forehead.

That had been a week ago. Harmony had drawn the woman, drawn the doctor, and even drawn the leg that had somehow been regrown. She’d researched AnthropoTech, though she didn’t find out more than she’d already known. A renowned medical technology corporation that had reinvented prosthetics and surgeries for those injured at war or in police work. What she hadn’t known was that they were regrowing limbs and collecting soldiers to… What? Bomb their competitors? That seemed unbelievable.
Until just four days after the premonition when Atom Limbs had an explosion in their silicone factory that resulted in twelve deaths. She saw the surveillance video that had been all over the news. A masked man kicked in a metal door in a single strike, using his left leg that Harmony was certain had been recently regrown.

In a practiced frenzy, she’d packed up her camper, hitched it to her truck, and she was gone. It was unlike her to stay in one place for long. Since Ardella’s murder, her home had been where she parked. She had no bathroom or kitchen, but she made due.

She drove for twelve straight hours, the old truck creaking and the camper wobbling behind her. From the outskirts of Seattle to Mount Sutro Forest in California, she drove and she thought.

Setting up camp was fairly quick. She ran into town after setting up the camper, only spending the money to put gas in her truck and get a few jugs of fresh water. She bathed in a stream and snared a rabbit. By the time night was falling, she was skinning it and setting the fur off to dry.

Harmony had what she considered a healthy fear of the dark. For years she’d followed her premonitions to those who needed her. The ones who heard bumps in the night, whose partners had suddenly turned angry and violent with no explanation. Often she received money for her services. Other times, a hot meal and a real shower was all she needed. No matter the outcome, she took as little as she could. Most of her clients were under the impression their monsters were demons or spirits. Harmony knew better. She knew that most monsters were men and women who’d broken. Most monsters were the ones that walked among them for years unnoticed.

So there she sat, in front of a fire with her tiny camper behind her. Painted black with bright flowers, it was the only home she’d known for half a decade. The old GMC was beat up, the green paint chipping and rust steadily growing. She couldn’t stand to get rid of it. It’d been the first thing she’d bought to give herself freedom.

“AnthropoTech,” Harmony murmured, seemingly talking to the cooked rabbit she was tearing apart, “That’s a big fish to fry, Mr. Cottontail. What the fuck did the universe get me into?”

She ate, drank a good helping of water, and then she simply stared at the sketch of the woman, a joint pinched between her fingers and a plethora of questions in her mind.

Shorter reaction post
Theo’s expression didn’t change at Colton’s admonishments, muscles slack and green eyes blinking in slow boredom. “I’m always worth the wait, sugar,” was the simple response, and then he pulled the folder towards him and flipped it open. A hand flagged down a waitress, and soon enough an ashtray was placed on their table and a cigarette was dangling from the man’s lips.

He had to admit Colton was right - it didn’t seem like much from the information given. The location had once been an insane asylum, shut down in the forties and left to be weathered by the elements. It was purchased rather recently, and although the structure had stood the test of time, the thing needed an entire overhaul before it could be used.

“An old asylum leads me to think of a poltergeist,” Theo said, pushing the folder back towards Colton before tapping the ash off the end of his smoke, “All those emotions and hurt tend to stick around. It doesn’t seem like much, but do you really think Tucker would send the two of us for a goddamn poltergeist?”

His eyes rolled before he was sitting back, idly fingering the rim of his coffee. “Listen, neither of us want to be paired with the other,” he muttered, barely concealing his own annoyance, “So let’s get this shit taken care of and hope for a reassignment. The faster we get it done, the faster we can potentially be out of each other’s hair. You know that I’m damn good at this, and I know the same of you. We don’t have to like each other, we just have to work together. Deal?”

Theo stamped out the end of the smoke before offering his hand out with a cocked brow. In his opinion, there was no way in hell he and Colton would get along, but they could trust each other enough to know they wouldn’t get the other killed. That was enough. It had to be.
  • 26 year old with she/her pronouns
  • i like to make friends
  • GMT -6, works 9-5 without weekends off. love that for me

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ in search of ♥
  • 21+ partner
  • advanded lit - able to write 3-10 paragraphs with quality spelling & grammar
  • has discord for ooc

• mxf = fxf > mxm
  • modern > historical, i've never enjoyed futuristic or sci-fi
    • seriously, i'm a sucker for romance, it need ittttttttttt

i'm going to drop my own samples below, but i am going to ask you for one. i have a writing degree and have been having a hard time finding partners that truly challenge me to bring forth my best.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ plot ideas ♥

M/F pairings
  • He's a literal beast - a creature of the night, and a terror on full moons. His pack has laid claims to the forest, where intruders are anything but welcome. It's a dog eat dog world, and so when the fae try to encroach on their territory, threats of a war loom. Unless, perhaps, the pack is willing to strike a treaty, and get their own personal healer in the form of a fairy. Territorial battles between packs are common, and other supernaturals want to be top dog. Having a healer could be an undeniable asset.
  • Star-Crossed closed, already have this one going
    In the not so distant future, humans and supernaturals are ruled with an iron fist by the Sovreigns. Communication between the humans and supernaturals beyond what is required by assigned job duties is absolutely forbidden. When circumstances bring two together, will their love be strong enough to lead a rebellion and overthrow the Sovreigns?
Any pairings (M//, F//, or M/F - gendered pronouns can be changed if used to write a prompt)
  • She's been hunting the Gray Demon for nearly a year. A single whisper from the monster can convince someone of delusion so intense, they would commit the most unspeakable crimes. In New York it convinced a chef his customers wanted to eat him instead of the food, and he went on a massacre with a cleaver. It convinced a teenager swimming in a lake she didn't need air, and she drowned herself.... It convinced her daughter to go with it. Now she needs to team up with someone not only to get her daughter back, but before the Gray Demon does the unthinkable - use the country's emergency broadcast system to destroy them all.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ contact ♥

“Goddammit, Andi!”

Harmony the Seer

Shorter reaction post

Hello, are you still searching? I read the “The Creation of Persuasion” and I’m really intrigued by it, along with some of the regular ol’ pairings. Lemme know if you’re still interested.

Hello, are you still searching? I read the “The Creation of Persuasion” and I’m really intrigued by it, along with some of the regular ol’ pairings. Lemme know if you’re still interested.
Send me a DM and we can definitely chat!

Rest In Peace Dance GIF

i don't honestly know why i started with the skeletons but now i can't stop. they've taken control. send help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back