• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Demon Hunting/Summoning

Sullivanity

Sophisticated Sea Dweller
Hey guys! I've wanted to run this RP concept for a while now, and I just wanted to see if anyone else is interested. The premise is this:

Demons, due to a contract made a long time ago, are only able to enter our world with the aid of people. However, because of a loophole in the contract, they can only be killed either by other demons or demonic weapons (sending them back to hell where they then regenerate). To combat summoners and demons that may cause havoc in our world, D.D.E.D. (Department of Demonic Experimentation and Defense) was created. Whenever a disturbance is found, a strike team of summoners, each with a contract to a particular demon, is sent in to investigate, and if needed, take action.

Joining this RP would mean creating a character with a link to a demon that gives them a unique role on the squad. Actual RPing will be casual, I'll only expect multiple paragraphs in a single post in some situations, otherwise one will be fine. If enough people show interest, I will post the RP.

I'm interested. You said that we would be making a character with a link to a demon. Would it be two rpers making one summoner and one demon? Or would we be making both characters. Frankly, I'd prefer a tag team with another rper, but I can do the other way as well.

Is this in a more contemporean setting?

I like how this feels like SMT

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]I'm interested. You said that we would be making a character with a link to a demon. Would it be two rpers making one summoner and one demon? Or would we be making both characters. Frankly, I'd prefer a tag team with another rper, but I can do the other way as well.

[/QUOTE]
The relationship between the summoner and the demon wouldn't normally be good terms; it's more of a master-slave relationship. The demon hates being forced to do stuff for their master, but they'll do it because they hate being in hell even more (being there is crappy for anybody). The best option for a demon is to break their contract with their master (which can be done if they don't follow the contract, or simply aren't spiritually strong enough) while they are still alive, which allows them to do whatever they want in our world. Not only that, the majority of demons are barely more intelligent than animals, and those that are completely sentient literally can't comprehend certain human emotions like friendship, love, guilt, etc. I honestly hadn't thought of having another person be the RPer, and frankly it's a really cool idea, but in this setting demons are more tools than characters. I hope my long and drawn out response doesn't make it sound like I have a stick up my ass.

DontFearTheReaper said:
Yes, this will take place in the modern era.

@Sullivanity Ah, no that is cool. I had an idea for a demon, but it won't work with this roleplay. I do like this idea though, I'll keep an eye on it as it develops and maybe I'll get another idea, I tend to have them often.

Sullivanity said:
The relationship between the summoner and the demon wouldn't normally be good terms; it's more of a master-slave relationship. The demon hates being forced to do stuff for their master, but they'll do it because they hate being in hell even more (being there is crappy for anybody). The best option for a demon is to break their contract with their master (which can be done if they don't follow the contract, or simply aren't spiritually strong enough) while they are still alive, which allows them to do whatever they want in our world. Not only that, the majority of demons are barely more intelligent than animals, and those that are completely sentient literally can't comprehend certain human emotions like friendship, love, guilt, etc. I honestly hadn't thought of having another person be the RPer, and frankly it's a really cool idea, but in this setting demons are more tools than characters. I hope my long and drawn out response doesn't make it sound like I have a stick up my ass.
9de.png

I'm on it. Unlike other person said, I'm against having demonic weapons. It's far more chaotic and dangerous to have a contract

Dragongal said:
I'm definitely intrigued... time period?
Also, why do we not just use demonic weapons?
The time period is modern. To answer you other question, demonic weapons always somewhat have a mind of their own (technically, they are actual demons), and they usually depend heavily on the user's physical abilities. While having a demonic weapon gives it's wielder the advantage of having direct control, it also means their weakness as a person comes into play. If can summon a demonic chainsaw or whatever, and my arms break, I'm out of commission.

KaylyTheFae said:
Sounds interesting.
StoneWolf18 said:
Interesting...
Fallacy said:
interested
Totallybulletproof said:
This idea perks my interest.
[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]I'm interested. You said that we would be making a character with a link to a demon. Would it be two rpers making one summoner and one demon? Or would we be making both characters. Frankly, I'd prefer a tag team with another rper, but I can do the other way as well.

[/QUOTE]
DontFearTheReaper said:
Dragongal said:
I'm definitely intrigued... time period?
Also, why do we not just use demonic weapons?
Thanks for the interest guys! Just in case you were wondering, the reason why D.E.D.D agents only use one demon is because having more than one is very straining, and adds to the possibility of losing control. If you guys do end up making characters, I want you guys to be creative when making up your demon, from what it does to how it is summoned. Maybe your demon doesn't actually have physical form and needs to posses a corpse to exist in our realm, or a demonic minstrel that can make something go batshit crazy when they hear it, or maybe it's an infernal taxi cab that can go anywhere provided you can afford the price. Just let your creativity flow. My FAVORITE part of running a RP is seeing what other people dream up.

Hey Guys! the RP is now open here! I have made a CS, and will fill in the overview section soon. in the meantime, bask in the glow of our officialness.

Hey I finished the overview, pretty much all the lore has been put together. I also made some slight changes to the CS template.

Hey, I just wanted to put this message out there so that you are aware that the RP is up, and 3 out of the 4 character sheets that were submitted have been accepted. I would like to have some more people involved, so if any of you are still interested, the RP is here. Also, posting a message puts this thread in the front, so hopefully some new people will see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back