• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Delusion Tax (Max&Michi)

Kill him?” The creature said, rolling his eyes, “Again, disappointment abounds. He’s been blooded to the book, which adds another layer of defense to it as they must kill him before they can even touch it’s contents. While, it’s true we would have preferred a more… supernatural guardian the human should suffice.

Aidan flinched at the human part, wondering just what this man was, before he moved, too slowly, like he was moving through water and his hair did the same, flowing behind him until he stopped, closer to the door and gravity seemed to resume.

Aidan backed away slowly, before turning and running back into the house, more than a little worried.

As I said, the Seelie, or Daydreamers as witches prefer. If you are looking for a name you will not get one. Also, human transport would be a waste of time, I’ll mirror walk us there, human limitations are so dull.

The Fae moved closer then, his eyes flicking over the man’s face before relaxing and turning away, “You really are quite unremarkable, I was expecting more.

It was only a few more minutes before Aidan ran back out, backpack thrown over his shoulder and a little out of breath, “I told Helena to take care of Cujo and I packed—um, clothes? I think?”

He stopped, looking between the two for a second before looking at the fae, “Um? Do you, um, have a name? Or is that rude to ask?”

The man turned, fixing him with a inscrutable gaze as Aidan backpedaled, “Because I’m Aidan and he’s Cedric and—”

Rowan,” The man finally said, cutting his babbling off, a strange smile flitting about his lips, “Is what most people call me.

Furrowing his brow, Cedric looked from the Fae to Aidan as he ran inside, "Well that's not very polite. It's not his fault he's lead such an ordinary and uneventful life until now. Not everyone is as lucky as the rest of us are." He told the male with a smile as if he knew damn well that had been meant for him and not for Aidan.

"I don't need any help. Really we're okay. There was a small bump in the road. But we're gonna settle it. We don't want him as the one bound to it either. I have a plan, okay. And we're gonna figure this out. I really don't want you to babysit me. Aren't there some other more important things for you to go protect? Like what about that whole thing with that vampire rebellion in Luxembourg? I'm sure you'd be much more useful for that. Lots of things to protect and help." He informed the creature as Aidan returned with his suitcase in hand once more.

"Aidan, you talk to much." He snapped at the male when he talked far too much. Mirror walking would be faster, but he really did not want to get tangled up with daydreamers right now. This situation was complicated enough at it was.

Rowan looked at the man before leaning in, his eyes flashing darkly, “Do not presume to be rude to me, human. My help is not an offer you can refuse and you will take it gratefully.

Aidan gulped, looking at the creature before turning his gaze on Cedric, “Um, we might just want to let him help us. He seems… like he wants to just… get all this over with, so I mean…should we go?”

Rowan looked at Aidan with a small, mocking smile, “All is not lost, one of you seems to have sense.

With that said the Fae tuned, walking to the edge of the curb and looking down at a puddle next to the sidewalk. It was not clean or pretty by any means but the man waved his hand and the street seemed to shimmer before he held his hand over the pool of water. With one elegant nail he pricked his index finger with his thumb and the drop of blood, silver in color, fell to the water.

The moment the blood hit the surface the large puddle went completely still, flattening and losing it’s grimy quality, becoming perfectly silver, reflecting the world like that of a mirror.

Mr. Cedric,” The creature motioned with a hand, eyes shinning like an animals in the night, “If you would be so kind as to state the location we can move on from here.

If Cedric rolled his eyes anymore, they'd probably fall out of his head. Moving his suitcase over to his other hand, he stepped forward, "Wyntr Hugh; Anderson, Indiana." He stated simply before stepping onto the puddle and sunk rapidly through the mirror into what now appeared to be a hole in the ground that lead to the sky.

He landed smoothly on the ground looking around to take in where he currently was. They were in Wyntr's backyard by her large stone bird bath. He dusted himself off and moved the suitcase back to his other hand before running his fingers through his hair and fixing it to make sure it was perfect. Waiting for the other two to arrive, Cedric made his way to the door and knocked loudly with a rather uncharacteristically upbeat rhythm.

The door opened shortly after to reveal a very skinny woman who was just a few inches shorter than Cedric. Wavy, tangled, dark black hair contrasted against and framed a pale thin face with large light blue eyes behind equally large spectacles. A shaggy over-sized sweater draped over her, the sleeves hanging past her hands, and the hem of it almost reaching her knees. There were holes and varios stains decorating the sweater, it was obviously well worn. The girl looked around at the group, before she attempted to quickly close the door upon seeing the Fae behind Cedric. "NO!"

CedriC slipped his thigh between the door and the frame which resulted in a rather pained groan escaping him. "AH! Nope. Open up." He demanded fighting against her as she continued to try to shut the door on the three of them.

"I'm not home. Go away. I want no part in any of whatever is going on Cedric!" She warned him as she tried to use her own leg to move his out of the way. There was a short battle where the two of them fought over the door before Cedric was able to wedge himself through more firmly. "Son of a- What? Why? I swear to god if you have dragged me into something bad again I will kill you." She huffed before walking away from the door and stomping back to her stove.

Once inside, he was able to smell whatever it was she was cooking. He gave the other two a smile and waved them inside after him, before making his way over to the small, circular, scratched up dining table with three mismatched chairs around it. He put the suitcase on the table and took a seat, "Smells good what's for dinner."

"I did not make enough to share. What did you do, Cedric?" She repeated her earlier question of why he was there. Putting the lid back on the pot after stirring it before she turned and leaned against the stove, crossing her arms.

"This is Aidan, poor interloping human guy." He paused and motioned to Aiden with a smile, "And this is Rome, nosy interloper. Was it Rome? It was something like that." He asked before he motioned to Wyntr with his hand, "This is the beautiful and talented Wyntr. One of the most under-rated witches of my generation."

"Lovely to meet you both. Please excuse his rudeness. He was dropped on his head many, many times as a baby." She gave a polite nod to them each and smiled at Rowan, "Welcome to my home." She didn't want him there but she knew better than to offend the Fae, unlike Cedric who gave no fucks if offended anybody regardless of their species or social standing.

Rowan looked at Cedric for a moment before smiling, “Rome will do if you cannot remember something as simple as a name, I forget how rudeness and stupidity often coincide.

Aidan pressed a hand over his mouth and tried not to laugh, perhaps the hysteria was actually settling in but he quickly dropped his hand, reaching out to shake with the other.

“Aidan Adams, pleasure to meet you, sorry about… everything? Also, his name is Rowan, like the tree I think, not um, Rome.”

Aidan then looked at Cedric, giving him a look of the classic, ‘what the fuck are you doing?’ variety. Honestly, could the witch not feel the strange power around the man, the way his image seem to shift and bend and he just turned a puddle into a gateway through space and time. Perhaps Cedric didn’t care? Or maybe he was secretly wishing for death? Or maybe he thought he could win against the man, whatever the case Aidan was kinda, almost, worried for the man. Not because he was friendly but because he really didn’t want to see another dismembered head.

Mr. Cedric clearly believes you can somehow help as the little one is now the keeper of a Somnis. The witch thought it apt to kill the boy however I would disagree, claiming by blood only makes the book harder to find and use and as one knows, ‘blood in, blood out’ the only way to free the book is to kill the boy, which, as previously stated, will not be happening.

Rowan shifted, flicking his hand toward Aidan who blinked as his arm was jerked up and the bite revealed, “Like so. This wouldn't be a problem if not for Mr. Cedric’s ineptitude at his job which is sad as now both the human and your life has been disturbed. I would say rude, stupid and disrespectful but I’m sure that everyone as gathered that already.

Rowan fixed his eyes on Cedric and smiled, wildly, his teeth glinting oddly, more like glass than anything really.

"Really? He didn't want to die? I wonder why." Wyntr told Cedric pointedly, as she walked away from the stove and took Aidan's hand, looking over it. Inspecting the mark she shook her head, "Yes well, Rowan, the problem is, that extra layer of protection is basically tissue paper if he can't protect himself from those who would want to use it. It's not hard to kill a human. They're actually really easy to kill." She snapped her fingers, "Like that."

Cedric nodded. "And it's not my fault, all of this, honestly. I didn't pick that suitcase. I would have gone with something much more normal." Getting up, he walked over to the stove and stirred the pot, turning the burner down before he brought the spoon to his lips and tasting it. "Oh spicy. I can have some, right?" He asked as he took another spoonful. The male had a habit of making himself at home.

Wyntr looked over her shoulder at him and rolled her eyes, "I said no, but you don't listen so whatever. Well I can't break a blood bond. We could try cutting off his hand or his tongue. That could possibly weaken the bond, but we can't break it without killing him. I have a feeling he would not enjoy the outcome of any of those very much either way, would you Aidan?" She released his hand after she asked the question and placed on hand on the suitcase on it before tapping on the suitcase every couple of seconds. "Which one is it?"

"Sequuntur Somnia." Cedric offered helpfully which resulted in a shrug from her. He took his small bowl of soup to the table and sat down as she continued to tap on the suitcase until the locks popped open.

"Well at least it's not the Condemnabitur. Have you alerted them of this unexpected happening?" She asked Cedric as he picked up the book, looking the cover over closely before she picked up the skull, looking that over as well.

He slurped his soup while shaking his head and shrugging. "Nope. I was hoping you'd have an idea. Cause like, now it's more complicated. This is going to change things. Now they have to protect more than just the book."

"Of course you haven't. Because you suck." She put the skull back inside and picked up Aidan's hand once more, while holding the book. "I can probably do a complex protection charm on him, but that's not going to keep him safe for very long if he doesn't have the magic to feed into it to extend it's power."

Putting the book back in the suitcase she locked it once more, and waved her hand over the locks to enchant them from opening without the proper skill set. "I don't know why you didn't lock it with a charm to begin with. Honestly would have saved all of this from happening." She muttered as she left the room, returning with a large box, the contents clanging around inside as she brought it back to the kitchen and set it on the counter.

"I totally forgot to do that. My bad." Cedric nodded. "I realized that too late. I will admit that fault there. That was totally my fault." He wasn't claiming responsibility for any of the rest, but he would claim responsibility for forgetting to enchant the suitcase in the first place. "Either of you hungry either? She made plenty, regardless of what she said earlier."

Wyntr scoffed and shook her head again as she opened the box and shuffled through the contents pulling out a few containers and setting them beside the stove as she spoke. "I made plenty for me to have enough for a few days. But you are welcome to it if you are hungry, since Cedric has helped himself. I don't want to be rude."

Rowan cocked a brow, “No, I do not require food, though the offer is kind. And need I remind you, all witches were human before they harnessed their powers which is strange you think yourself any different from the little one, but that's perhaps a product of you missing my point,” The Fae reached out, finger tips touching the book as dark power suddenly snapped, turning the ends of the mans fingers black and making him withdraw his hand slowly.

The title ‘Libro Sequuntur Somnia’, when directly translated will mean ‘Book of they follow sleep’ however in the context of the correct regional latin it means ‘The Book of Nightmares’. Now, while this doesn’t sound as terrible as a Book of Condemnation or a Book of Tragoedia, tragedy, this one is dangerous because the witch using it was trying to gather the power different races. This book is a Fae book, with Fae magic. Nightmares being the colloquial term for the Unseelie, the more malevolent and arguably more powerful of the Fae. I did not know if the rumors were true but it seems they were.

“So, you’re a Fae then? Like? Those Irish faeries?” Aidan asked and Rowan looked at him, before nodding.

We are the oldest inhabitants of this earth and while witches and their human based ilk have become more prevalent our influences will never truly end. But that’s besides the point, given that you only can protect him for so long it seems more than likely Mr. Cedric will have to take him to the Goblin Market. I cannot accompany you there but will give you a list of what you will need. It should, by my reckoning, enhance any protection you were to give with a good deal of fae magic.

The girl's nostrils flared as she glared at the male Fae standing in her kitchen. Her brows furrowed and she pursed her lips sternly. It took everything in her power to stop from throwing the glass bottle in her hands at his high and mighty head. Cedric however was sitting at the table snickering with his head down watching her expression.

"I hve a product of you being in my household and owing the due respect that I deserve in my home, Rowan. I don't need your history lesson." She practically stomped her way over to him, her eyes barely visible through the slits they had become. "Do not take classifications so lightly, lest you'd rather have the unseelie grouped with the seelie whom whence they came." Which was her polite way of telling the seelie to go screw himself. "There is a much thinner line there than there is between us."

"Ooo." Cedric smirked as he pushed his bowl to the side, "Well as fun as this has all been. You heard the guy, he can't come to the goblin market so we really should go now. It was wonderful meeting you, Rowan." He said hurriedly before walking to the door, "Don't worry none, we've got it from here! Your help has been much appreciated." The male opened the door and held it with a smile as he straightened his clothing.

Wynter rolled her eyes, it was true neither of them were particularly fond of the Fae, but she at least attempted to be polite. The Fae only did whatever was in their own best interest, and if they were watching what was happening here, that meant they were definitely very interested in whatever was going to happen in this situation. "It's okay, I'm pretty good with this sort of thing. Don't expect that Cedric's ineptitude is the norm. He is the exception, not the rule."

Cedric furrowed his brows at her and pursed his lips, "Hey. I can hear you, and I don't suck that bad. Shit. If I applied myself more I would be just as good as you, if not better."

Rather than being upset the Fae laughed, it was a crystalline, sharp sound, like wind chimes in a summers breeze, “I often forget how witches wish to set themselves apart from their origins. Though the truth and perceived disrespect are often intermingled. However, comparing me to my dark brethren is not as grave a rebuttal as you may think as humans are ash to ash and dust to dust. We, the fae folk, will remain long after the stones on your great grandchildren’s tombs have worn away. And really, witches are humans in all the ways that matter.

With that the Fae turned, fixing his gaze on Aidan, “Little one, you need but call my name thrice and I shall appear, though do not worry I will be watching.” He stepped towards the door, but not before flicking his fingers, sparks of incandescent light fell from the tips, skittering to the floor and dispersing to every corner of the home. Aidan blinked, realizing the man may have just cast a nasty jinx, or what he assumed was one seeing the look on the faes face before he handed a list to Cedric with a light, “Apply yourself,” and just dissipated. Like smoke in a strong breeze.

“Not to be rude but… Y’all are dumb…” Aidan said, terrified of the man coming back despite the fact that he seemed to be the only one pushing for him not to be brutally murdered or mutilated in some way. Why these two witches wanted to provoke him was anyone’s guess.

Not to mention that he seemed to have all the answers and everyone was just being stubborn. Of course, he had no idea what kinds of power plays went on in the supernatural world but it seemed just as stupidly ineffective and complicated as the ones in the normal world, if not more so.

"I don't trust him at all." Wyntr wrinkled her nose after the Fae had gone. "They only do things with their own best interest at heart. He could very easily turn on you, simply out of boredom. Be very careful with placing your trust in the creatures you are going to meet." She went back to the chest on the counter and started rummaging through it once more.

"Shall we meet you at the Inn?" We'll go get a room and you can finish up here and meet us there?" He asked her as she waved him off. "You heard the lady, let's go." He informed the male, grabbing the suitcase once more and heading through the kitchen doorway down the hall to a door that led to the steps to the basement.

The room was filled with many different various items, all ranging from dried out plants, to glass jars and bottles, to different sizes and types of metal cauldrons. Inside the room also stood a door that wasn't connected to any walls, it simply stood in a wooden doorway leading to nowhere. "Try not to stare too much. You won't want to attract unwanted attention. Understand? Don't stare, don't speak. Head down, feet moving." He asked as his hand rested on the doorknob, waiting to make sure the male fully understood him before opening the door.

Aidan made a face, about to tell Cedric to go fuck himself, but as the doors opened the words died on his tongue. The scene before him was unlike any he’d ever seen as they stepped through the door and into the hustle and bustle of an underground market.

The street was paved in something akin to cobblestone and it was obvious that it was under a city as pipes and stone and the sound of the subway could be heard. Sparkling leaves and flowers seemed to fall out of nowhere, red and golds coated the entire scene reminding Aidan vividly of the autumn months where he’d grown up.

But more striking than that was the people. Creatures of every size, shape and color wandered the market, stopping at stalls to evaluate wares and various items. A creature that looked like an overgrown cat, stood on his hind legs in a tail coat, bartered with a faceless creature that seemed like it had been cut out of the night sky, stars glittering in the depth of it’s body.

Tall lumbering creatures, ogres perhaps given their fangs and manes, seemed to be focused on a corner of the market selling bubbling bottles of light while a creature that was simply a giant, seemingly intelligent, spider reached out to take a brown paper bag that moved and rustled.

But among all the creatures there were a few who stood out, the Fae. These were not like Rowan, but rather so inhuman they sent shivers up Aidan’s spine. They were dressed in deep reds with copper leaves and flower woven through hair that seemed to spill over their shoulders like water. Some had black hair as dark as an oil spill, with eyes to match and midnight colors woven into their clothes and hands. Others were drained of all color, blue faces covered in frost with crowns of ice. Aidan could see only two of the pale Fae, who quickly disappeared but people parted before them and they left hoarfrost where they walked.

And among all of this were the voices, people shouting their wares, “Luck for the low, low price of a treasured memory!”, “An extended life for only a finger!”, “Blood and bone to appease the Wild Gods!”

It was not only overwhelming but simply… magical and Aidan just stared for a few seconds, awestruck.

“Holy shit,” he muttered, running a hand through his hair, throughly musing the brown strands.

"I told you not to stare." Cedric huffed grabbing Aidan's wrist, to lead the man through the crowd. He avoided the gaze of the creatures as they weaved through the bodies, holding his suitcase tight iin his grip. There were many buildings, various stalls with everything from bouquets of beautiful but dangerous flowers, to small little cages of rats. Maybe creatures attempted to grab their attentions and sell them various things they didn't need.

When they did make it to the Inn, it was large and run down, the wood seemed to be held together by magic if nothing else. Which it probably was. There was a large sign that hung above the door that read , Wandering Cave INN. When they were finally inside, and the door shut behind him, he released the man's arm and looked around. There weren't too many people in the dining area downstairs at the moment, but the place definitely looked like it had been pulled out of a Tolkien novel. "Wait here. Don't talk to anyone. I mean it Aidan."

And with that he walked across the room to the bar, leaning against it and talking quietly with the man behind the bar. He looked vaguely human but there was definitely something else mixed in with it that was most definitely not human. Probably a bit or ogre or goblin. They talked in hushed tones before they exchanged some money and he was given a large wooden key before he made his way back across the room to where Aidan was standing, "Take this upstairs. I have to grab something real fast." He said giving him the key and the second suitcase. "Don't open the door for anyone. It's room 220. I will be up there in exactly two minutes. If it's not me at the door, don't open it. I mean it." He warned him before he slipped out the door real fast to slip back into the crowd.

Aidan blinked, grasping the key as he just stood there. He’d been dropped into a magical world and the guy just expected him to hide in his hotel room? No, no that would not be happening.

“Lost?” Said a voice and Aidan turned. A woman sat alone at a table, nursing a dark red drink. She had long blond hair that was almost white and eyes so dark they were black.

“Um, kinda?” Aidan said, walking over. She motioned for him to sit and he did.

“First time in the Goblin Market?”

“Yeah, things… happened.”

“And you got stuck with that witch? Sad really, he seems like a stiff,” She mused, bringing her glass to perfectly red lips and taking a sip.

“He hates me but I think other people could learn to like him, maybe, after a few drinks...” Aidan said and the woman laughed, revealing shape teeth as she threw her head back.

“No one likes witches unless they are spelling something for you or dying. The worst of the lot really.”

“And um, are you a vampire? Is that rude to ask or?”

“I am, and no, it’s not rude. Most people can tell however so it makes the question obsolete. Angelica Dawn, lovely to meet you.” She extended her hand and Aidan clasped it rather quickly, not wanting to seem like he was afraid.

“Aidan Adams.”

“So, what got you into all this?”

“A…werewolf tried to eat me and Cedric saved me. He said he wanted me to help with something as payment for the rescue so here I am,” Aidan’s lie was smooth, his face smiling and she raised a brow but didn’t comment.

“If he’s keeping you alive it’s most likely for the blood, vampires aren’t the only ones who need it, witches use human blood in a lot of spells. I’d be careful it would be tragic for someone so young to die now.”

“Ha, yeah, downsides of making new friends they might drain your blood for magic…”

“Or food,” she said, smiling to comically show her fangs and Aidan grinned, “Somehow I think your way his preferable to his.”

“I agree—And I do believe your keeper will be returning soon, should you leave?”

“Naw, he likes yelling at me for being stupid so who am I to deprive him?”

When Cedric returned a few minutes later, he was carrying a large wooden box along with a small paper bag that he held between his teeth. Huffing as he used his body to get through the door, he gave a huff when he noticed Aidan in the bar still. For someone who didn't want them to kill him, he certainly had a death wish.

Ugh. Whatever. He hoisted the box up to get a better grip on the bottom and waddled his way to the steps. He was trying to help Aidan out. If Aidan died it was no skin off his back. Would actually make all of this so much easier for him. But nope, he was recruiting his friend to help him protect this little shit even though he obviously wanted to die. He was still making his way up the steps when Wyntr arrived at the Inn.

All she had was a small bag slung over her shoulder as she looked around the tavern and furrowed her brows at Aidan. Rolling her eyes, she made her way to the steps, hurrying up after Cedric, to grab the bag from between his teeth and help him carry the box up the steps. They set the box down outside of their room, and Cedric made his way back down the steps scowling as he approached Aidan.

"We're trying to save your live you know this right? The least you could do is help. Asshole." He snapped grabbing his suitcase and snatching the key from Aidan's hand as he turned and quickly went back up the steps. Once the door was unlocked they went inside and immediately began unpacking the box and setting up.

Aidan glared, “If you wanted help you should have asked! Last time I tried to help I got cursed and run down by a werewolf so why don’t you just ask me like a normal human being!” He knew the man probably hadn’t heard as he’d called after him but he let his shoulders slump.

Aidan looked at the woman apologetically and she waved a hand, “I’m here a lot, come back and visit.”

He nodded before running up the stairs and walking into the room.

“Look,” Aidan said, not even angry, just seemingly tired, “If you’re going to keep treating me like I’m a piece of meat to throw to the dogs than don’t bother with all of this. Just take your book and leave. I don’t know why you’re acting like I’m not another human being who was just pushed into an unforgiving situation but it’s getting really old. I’m Aidan Mallay Adams, I grew up with a single mother, I like Chinese food, I speak Spanish and English and I want to get a law degree. I’m dramatic and sort of annoying but I’m a person, I’ve got plans and hopes and dreams and I deserve some modicum of respect. The reason I fucked with the suitcase was because I wanted to see who’s it was so I could return it. When I realized there was a real skull in it I was worried someone had been hurt, or killed or a murderer was toting a trophy through the goddamn airport. I’m sorry that I put you out but everything I’ve done has been because I didn’t want people getting hurt and you can’t expect me to understand an entire world I didn’t know existed until three hours ago.”

Aidan frowned, stepping back and crossing his arms, “You haven’t explained anything to me, you’ve just insulted me as a person, which I’ve done right back at you, I will admit, you’ve yelled at me over things I couldn’t possibly know and you shout orders at me like a child. Did you every think saying ‘Hey Aidan, could you give me a hand’ would possibly solve your problems? Y’all might be good at magic but you are awful to people. And yes, I should have gone and unlocked the door, my bad, but she was perfectly nice and polite, which is more than I can say for you.”

Wyntr continued to set up the items, giving Cedric a look as she reached over to take the items from his hands. "I got this. Ya'll seem to need to go have a talk." She whispered before making shooing motions at Cedric. "I'd start with I'm sorry, just so you know."

Cedric stared at her and rolled his eyes with a huff. "Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Okay fine. Come on, let's go grab a drink and leave her to this." Moving he stood up, and made his way to the door. "C'mon." He motioned before heading down the stairs to remain out of the way, and lead the way to a table back in a corner away from most of the hustle and bustle of the tavern below the Inn. Taking a seat in one of the chairs and stared at Aidan for a moment before he sighed.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I get this might be- is- hard on you too. And that you don't mean to complicate my life. If you have any questions that I am at liberty to answer, I will answer them" He murmured as a girl came over practically half naked.

"What can I get you boys?" She asked as she stuck out her cleavage at them. "We have some great boar tonight. And half off most ales." The tone of her voice made Cedric visible cringe as he pulled back slightly.

"Eh. Just bring whatever, and take your time." He spoke around his grimace, which the girl didn't seem to appreciate before she turned on her heel and walked back towards the bar.

Aidan looked at Cedric for half a beat before saying, “I dislike fighting people, contrary to popular ideas I’m a rather pleasant human being. I like helping people, I enjoying doing good in the world so,” He waved his hands before motioning to Cedric, “I’d like to be of help to you, as much as I can be, but it’s really off putting when you treat me like… I’m a shelter dog you’re gonna put down.”

He rubbed his hand across his face, “Which I’ve already explained, what I’m trying to say is you’re… sarcastic? Brash? You seem like someone I could get along with if we actually talked, you know? And I just… I want to know things. Like I can’t really think of anything when I’m put on the spot but like, how did you know that Rowan was a fae? How can you tell magical creatures apart? Can I use magic? Can anyone use magic? Are wands and stuff a thing? Can you see into the future? Can you see into my future? Is magic used by most creatures or just like… humans?”

He cut himself off after a while, rubbing the back of his neck, “This place is beautiful, and like, you’re cool. Like you’re an asshole and I wanted to deck you for the past few hours but like… if you dressed in black and did your hair you could actually pass for like… A taller Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Kinda?”

Cedric made a face as Aidan started asking questions. Questions that he was sure the dude could answer just by looking around. He wasn't very smart was he. "Firstly, I doubt you wanna talk about slaying vampires when vampires are in here. Cause they will eat you and it will suck." He spoke matter of factly as the girl returned with a tray setting down their drinks and two sandwiches with a large amount of meat piled onto a sloppily cut roll.

"Thanks." He spoke, pulling out a small wallet from his pocket and handing over a couple of bills. When she left he took a sip from the drink before coughing. "Oh shit, careful with that. It's a fire ale. It's gonna burn. Small sips and don't let it sit in your mouth too long." He warned him before taking a small bite from the sandwich and chewing as he spoke. "As you can tell by looking around, it's easy to tell based on how they look. Most of them look exactly like what they are. No, I wasn't gifted with the sight. Wyntr was, but it's sporadic. Only happens when it's something super important."

Taking another bite he chased that with a small sip if the ale once more, "Wands are at thing, but only in potions. It helps concentrate the magic going in. And no, not everyone can use magic and not every one who can use magic knows they can. Magic isn't strictly for humans, we can't use certain types of magic, just like other creatures can't use some of the magic we can. Not everything is magical."

“Just because we’re in a magical market doesn’t mean pop culture is dead, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a classic, I’m pretty sure even vampires would like it.”

Aidan eyed the food critically before trying it and promptly nearly choking himself, “Holy Mary mother of God, that shit burns! It’s like… Germ-x, what the fuck!”

Once he’d gotten control of himself he looked at Cedric again, “Okay, but what’s the scientific process behind magic? Like is it radiation transfer? Because potions would probably be magic through convection and magic processed through like touching things would be conduction… Or is it like kinetic energy, more than that do the human processes have an effect on magic? Like would a person who’s more energetic and upbeat produce different magic than someone who’s not? Is magic studied like, in schools? Does Hogwarts exist? Can I buy a wand here? Is the currency different?”

Aidan had dropped his shoulders low and was staring at Cedric like a kid on christmas, hoping to get something cool under the tree.

Furrowing his brow he squinted at Aidan, "Would you want to watch a show that glorifies killing over-excited gay boys and their friends and families?" He asked slowly giving Aidan a moment to let that question just sink in. "Like really, think about that there."

He took another small sip from the glass and sighed. "Magic is magic. That's like asking if God is real. We don't know the science behind it. It just is. No it's not radiation. And I know that you are not being serious about that Hogwarts thing. I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. You would have no use for a wand. It's literally just for stirring potions. It doesn't work like it does on tv or in movies. Yes the currency is different. You can use regular money if you know the exchange rate."

Sitting back in his chair he sighed. These were very dumb questions and he hated having to answer them. But if it would stop the kid from having another tantrum this was what he needed to do. "I told you small sips on that. If you take smaller sips it burns less."

“I… don’t know what version of Buff the Vampire Slayer you were watching but I don’t remember that episode,” Aidan said, looking at Cedric with worry in his eyes.

“Look, you know, you do this thing with your eyes when you get annoyed or like, are mind numbly bored…yeah, that, right there. I can tell you still want to shove me in a trash compactor but I appreciate the effort to indulge my stupid questions. I went to public school I never claimed I was a genius, okay.”

With that Aidan leaned in, stirring his drink slowly before looking at Cedric, “So… wait, are there magical clubs? Like where you pick up vampires and werewolves and crap? Oh my god, are there magic drugs? I bet the party scene is lit—” He cut himself off quickly looking at Cedric’s face, “Right, you’re basically the father I never had… can’t ask you questions like that because you’ll suck the fun out of them faster than a vampire would blood.”

Aidan then looked at the table and snorted, eyes widening as he looked up and slapped a hand over his mouth before, dropping it and saying, “I just mentally, accidentally, called you ‘daddy’ and…I’m deceased.”

Scrunching his face, Cedric looked offended. Where did he even start. "Okay first of all. I have never gotten off to being called anyone's dad. I have no desire to have children." He pointed out taking a large gulp from his glass before he coughed.

"Secondly, I'm not that much older than you. I'm only 29. And if I actually gave a shit what I looked like I could look like fucking... Channing Tater or whatever his name is. This," he said motioning to himself as a whole, "Isn't because I'm fucking old. Rude ass little shit." As if Cedric didn't know how to party. "I'm trying to save your life you know. It'd help if you weren't sitting there telling me that I look like I could be your father. I clean up quite nicely." Geez. He couldn't believe that he'd said that. How rude.

Aidan was howling with laughter by the time the man was done, “I—god fuck, I don’t know what was the best part of that. Your righteous indignation. Your staunch refusal of children. Channing Tater. Or just your expression over all.”

Aidan pressed the palms of his hands to his face trying to calm down, “I didn’t say you looked like my father, I said you acted like my father. I’m sure you clean up very nicely, in fact if you actually matched your clothes, brushed your hair and just, plastered a smile on your face, hell I’d hit on you if you were at a bar. Point being, you’re attitude is probably what will kills it for people. Hard to wanna get in someone’s pants when they look and act like they just drank gasoline.”

Aidan leaned back, raising a brow, “I’m gonna call you daddy from now on whenever you’re mean to me. I don’t care if it’s a serious situation, you’ve shown me a weakness, I will use it.”

Flaring his nostrils and peering hatefully at the male once more, Cedric crossed his arms, "I'm going to let something eat you." He replied pursing his lips at the male unhappily.

He sat quietly debating his options on what he thought would be the most entertaining thing for him to feed the male to as he ate his sandwich. This whole conversation had been offensive. "If you call me daddy," His face shifted front the glare to a friendly smile, "I can't be held accountable for punching you in your face."

He punctuated that sentence with taking another bite from his sandwich and chewed slowly. "I don't go to bars to get hit on by random dudes either. That has just as little appeal to me as the prospect of having kids. It seems we have gotten a bit off topic. Do you have any more questions or should I go help finish setting up?"

“Nope, I’m just enjoying your company, Daddy,” Aidan smiled winningly, his crooked canine tooth making him look like a fox before he kicked his chair on it’s back legs and pushed his foot against the top of the table, placing his face and body far out of the man’s reach unless he jumped across the table to do it.

“Actually, I take that back I do have more questions. So, dudes not your type? More into ladies? Or both? Do you have a favorite color? Is there a reason you dress like your homeless? Are you angry for a reason or is that just your constant state of being? Does people hitting on you annoy you. If so which are the worse pickup lines you’ve heard so I can memorize them and ruin your life. Also, if you leave this table doesn’t that mean you have to actually help your friend set up and you seem kinda lazy so here’s the real question, are you gonna be a pansy and leave, meaning I win, or are you gonna stay and answer my questions, padre?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back