• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Delta Teutera B: Colonization

Should I leave this as a Dice RP?

• Yes, Dice RP would fit this idea well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, a traditional RP would fit this better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shadowborn Omen

A White Wolf

Delta Teutera
one-side-planet.jpg

Delta Teutera B Humanity, in their quest to colonize the stars, spread out across the universe in thousands of solar systems. One of those solar systems was Delta Teutera, which is the home of planet Delta Teutera B: An 'eyeball planet' that rotates around it's axis at the same rate it revolves around the sun, leaving one side of the planet always exposed to the sun and the other side never turns to see it. This causes one side of the planet to be baked and heated beyond the ability to sustain any kind of life, and the other side completely covered in ice. On a thin strip all the way around the planet in-between these two polar opposite climates, there is a nearly Earth-like life-sustaining zone perfect for humans and other life.

The humans sent a colony ship to Delta Teutera B and colonized it nearly a century ago, but for the last 93 years the people who landed upon the planet's life ring have barely reached their arms out to colonize the planet. The readings didn't pick up on the life forms that already inhabited the planet, and upon landing the colonists found heavy resistance from the wildlife. The colonists lost all communication with the rest of humanity and many of their machines have been destroyed. Few remained, some of which allowed for building of factories or homes for the colonists. All time up to this point was spent building and defending a Capitol zone. Now, however, the newest generation of soldiers are the ones supposed to expand humanity's reach on Delta Teutera B in hopes to successfully conquer this planet before the rest of humanity regains contact.

In this role play, you'll be playing as a soldier from the colonists on Delta Teutera B. Now, your character will have been born on Delta Teutera B and raised there, so it's basically Earth to me and you, minus all the history. You, as well, as everyone else in the role play will be tasked with not only colonizing, but also defending Delta Teutera's B colony from the life that pre-existed, as well as the earthling animals who managed to escape captivity and thrive in the wild.

Going out on missions to colonize zones will not be the only task the force has to do. They may have to capture some of the wildlife for research, or clear out a pre-captured zone from a wildlife breach. Anything the players think up is a possible job for the force to do.

I'm probably going to give players the ability to create their own monsters and submit them in the RP, as well as jobs.

I will most likely have a divide-system for the game to make it easier to manage how far the force has colonized. My idea is below:

My idea for a divide-system is simply ranking sectors S1 through S100. S1 would be the Capitol and S100 would be the furthest around the planet from it (which, technically speaking would be the first in the opposite direction. However, a 500 Kilometer sea separates S1 and S100, and while humans can make boats with the technology they managed to retain, they can't make anything big enough or strong enough to withstand attacks from the sealife within the ocean. Airplanes and drones are all but impossible to make with their current technology, and any that could be made wouldn't be able to transverse the 500 Kilometer gap.

Each sector would have an East, Center, and West side (East being the furthest from the sun, West being the closest. If you think about laying a map of the ring of life out flat, S1 being at the bottom and S100 being at the top, East would be right and West would be left). Capturing all three of the potions of each sector would be necessary to move on. East sectors are known for more rocky terrain and minerals, while western areas are more humid and watery. The center zone is often home to the largest monsters and the thickest vegetation.

So, 100 sectors, 1 being the beginning 100 being the end, East, Center, West zones. However, the number of zones will be changed depending on how many people join the RP. Having 2 people do 100 sectors would take more than a lifetime, and having 200 would take a week. So, I'll be determining the actual number later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Coal seam Fire]Dice ≠ Traditional rpg now?
My god, kids these days.

[/QUOTE]
I mean traditional forum role play, which is the traditional role play for this site. Also note how I did NOT say rpg. I said rp, meaning role play. Not game.

Trust me, I know the correlation between dice games and rpg's. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back