• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern β€ πƒπ„π€πƒπ‹π˜ ππ€π‘π€πƒπˆπ’π„ β€” 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 (𝐨𝐨𝐜 𝐭𝐑𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝).

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

idiot

𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘯𝘡𝘴 𝘡𝘰 𝘣𝘦 π˜₯𝘦𝘴π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦π˜₯.
f37c9adbb754f9755563ae8de61dcf22b1dcfc5c.gifv

WELCOME TO AITUA ISLAND β€”
we hope you enjoy your stay!

feel free to ask any questions, share character concepts and general chatter. check out the lore as well! :-)

* note: this is a temp thread until the cast is decided and moved over to discord.

I'm thinking my character is the daughter of some rich folks who were supposed to go on this vacation with her for her birthday but her parents bailed and her friends were all busy, so she's forced to go on this birthday vacation by herself.

I'm thinking my character is the daughter of some rich folks who were supposed to go on this vacation with her for her birthday but her parents bailed and her friends were all busy, so she's forced to go on this birthday vacation by herself.
wow that’s so mean, I’d cry if my parents just bailed last minute. I guess at least I’m rich and on holidays?? 😭
same !!! I can’t wait to start making characters !! hopefully soon. just gotta work. :-(

wow that’s so mean, I’d cry if my parents just bailed last minute. I guess at least I’m rich and on holidays?? 😭

same !!! I can’t wait to start making characters !! hopefully soon. just gotta work. :-(
She was so excited too, because she hardly ever gets to spend time with her parents because they claim they are too busy

I just read through the lore and had the idea of writing a biology student that interns at "Pacifica Research and Conservation". Perhaps he's been on the island for a few weeks already, made some friends, or stays with relatives. Not sure about the details yet. (:

Hey friends
Leaning more toward a tri-lingual Australian who works as a masseuse in the spa. He would visit the island pretty frequently before the resort came and learned their language and a bit of their culture and was hired as much for his translation services as he was for his massages infused with techniques he learned from Polynesian culture

Some suggestions for careers for characters:
(Note: I implore you to do your own in-depth research as these are surface level definitions to give ideas of certain studies)

[Anthropologist:]
Based in social science, this is the study of historical development based on past societies through the examination of artifacts, civilizations, fossils, and culture.
Branches:

- [Archeology:] The exploration and hands on approach of ancient discovers, digging up remains of civilizations structures, artifacts and fossils to build a timeline of historical events.
- [Linguistic Anthropology:] A case study of languages and their importance in former societies and communication through documentation.
- ['Cultural Anthropology' Ethologist:] An over arcing field study, it utilizes date from other branches such as linguistics and archeology to study concepts, folklore and analyze past civilizations through their culture and beliefs.
- ['Physical Anthropology' Biological Anthropology:] It is the over arcing field study of human evolution through human fossils.
Majors:

- Paleoanthropology: The study of the origins and evolution of societies through artifacts and human fossils.
- Primatology: The scientific study of primates (a subcategory of mammals) that delves into the likes of zoology and biology through researching living and extinct primates. (An over simplified explanation: The study of mOnki)
- Bioarcheology: The study of animals through fossils found on archeological sites.

[Oceanography:] The study of environmental relationships, geophysics, chemistry and documentation of oceanic history.
[Marine biology:] The study of marine life, typically through diving expeditions.
[Underwater photography:] Taking in-depth pictures of the sea and its marine life while committing diving. (And scaring the local people with thalassophobia and aquaphobia for bonus points.)

[Meteorology:] The study of weather and atmospheric evolutions through observation and date of forecast, satellite and global resources.
(Note: More commonly known jobs for meteorologist are forecasters and weathercasters for news stations and teachers)
Majors:

- Climatology: The study of the earth's climate evolutions of long-term weather patterns like extreme weather events through geology, oceanology, and natural archives.
-Research meteorology: The study of specific climate changes and extreme weather events through weather models and aid other meteorology fields.
- Forensic Meteorologists: (These guys are lowkey really cool) Reconstruction of weather events by location and time. They aid with testimonies, weather reports, insurance and property management through using satellite and documentation data.
-Incident Meteorologists: (These guys are also cool) Meteorologist who work with national weather services to provide information of extreme weather events such as wildfires for firefighters and aid in plan operations.
-Tropical Meteorologists: The study of meteorology through tropical inflicted weather such as hurricanes, typhoons and oceanic storms.

She was so excited too, because she hardly ever gets to spend time with her parents because they claim they are too busy
wahh we love emotionally unavailable parents.
I just read through the lore and had the idea of writing a biology student that interns at "Pacifica Research and Conservation". Perhaps he's been on the island for a few weeks already, made some friends, or stays with relatives. Not sure about the details yet. (:
that’s so cute !! I love this idea as they would definitely hire interns considering the research has been expanding over the years.
Hey friends
Leaning more toward a tri-lingual Australian who works as a masseuse in the spa. He would visit the island pretty frequently before the resort came and learned their language and a bit of their culture and was hired as much for his translation services as he was for his massages infused with techniques he learned from Polynesian culture
that’s a cool concept !! always love the australian rep.
Some suggestions for careers for characters:
(Note: I implore you to do your own in-depth research as these are surface level definitions to give ideas of certain studies)

[Anthropologist:]
Based in social science, this is the study of historical development based on past societies through the examination of artifacts, civilizations, fossils, and culture.
Branches:

- [Archeology:] The exploration and hands on approach of ancient discovers, digging up remains of civilizations structures, artifacts and fossils to build a timeline of historical events.
- [Linguistic Anthropology:] A case study of languages and their importance in former societies and communication through documentation.
- ['Cultural Anthropology' Ethologist:] An over arcing field study, it utilizes date from other branches such as linguistics and archeology to study concepts, folklore and analyze past civilizations through their culture and beliefs.
- ['Physical Anthropology' Biological Anthropology:] It is the over arcing field study of human evolution through human fossils.
Majors:

- Paleoanthropology: The study of the origins and evolution of societies through artifacts and human fossils.
- Primatology: The scientific study of primates (a subcategory of mammals) that delves into the likes of zoology and biology through researching living and extinct primates. (An over simplified explanation: The study of mOnki)
- Bioarcheology: The study of animals through fossils found on archeological sites.

[Oceanography:] The study of environmental relationships, geophysics, chemistry and documentation of oceanic history.
[Marine biology:] The study of marine life, typically through diving expeditions.
[Underwater photography:] Taking in-depth pictures of the sea and its marine life while committing diving. (And scaring the local people with thalassophobia and aquaphobia for bonus points.)

[Meteorology:] The study of weather and atmospheric evolutions through observation and date of forecast, satellite and global resources.
(Note: More commonly known jobs for meteorologist are forecasters and weathercasters for news stations and teachers)
Majors:

- Climatology: The study of the earth's climate evolutions of long-term weather patterns like extreme weather events through geology, oceanology, and natural archives.
-Research meteorology: The study of specific climate changes and extreme weather events through weather models and aid other meteorology fields.
- Forensic Meteorologists: (These guys are lowkey really cool) Reconstruction of weather events by location and time. They aid with testimonies, weather reports, insurance and property management through using satellite and documentation data.
-Incident Meteorologists: (These guys are also cool) Meteorologist who work with national weather services to provide information of extreme weather events such as wildfires for firefighters and aid in plan operations.
-Tropical Meteorologists: The study of meteorology through tropical inflicted weather such as hurricanes, typhoons and oceanic storms.
wow thanks !! that should help people who go down this route. the real question is β€” what is YOUR idea for a character? πŸ‘€

wow thanks !! that should help people who go down this route. the real question is β€” what is YOUR idea for a character? πŸ‘€
Uhh....

After two years of fighting, the sudden death of his older sister to stage four cancer, (insert name) is left picking up the shards of his broken family. When arguments and blame shifting had ensued, (Insert name) spend his days wasting away within the confines of his childhood home until he remembered something. His sister never wanted to make a bucket list, too determined that she will one day leave that hospital and go on a vacation. She'd describe her plans in every aching detail, from the vividly colorful drinks she wanted to try, to the new activity it had to offer. She was obsessed with those tiny cup umbrellas and romanticized the idea of cheesy long walks on the beach. He had promised her that one day they'll all go on vacation. He catches a last-minute flight to Aitua Island, with nothing but a single suitcase, a stack of film, his sister's old Polaroid and her canon camera. He's hired for a part time job as a lifeguard to keep his thoughts from wandering and spends every moment soaking up the vibrant tropical island. He's hands shake in inexperience; the perspectives and environment dull in it's capture but every picture is less blurry then the last...

Idk, throwing noodles at the wall.

Uhh....

After two years of fighting, the sudden death of his older sister to stage four cancer, (insert name) is left picking up the shards of his broken family. When arguments and blame shifting had ensued, (Insert name) spend his days wasting away within the confines of his childhood home until he remembered something. His sister never wanted to make a bucket list, too determined that she will one day leave that hospital and go on a vacation. She'd describe her plans in every aching detail, from the vividly colorful drinks she wanted to try, to the new activity it had to offer. She was obsessed with those tiny cup umbrellas and romanticized the idea of cheesy long walks on the beach. He had promised her that one day they'll all go on vacation. He catches a last-minute flight to Aitua Island, with nothing but a single suitcase, a stack of film, his sister's old Polaroid and her canon camera. He's hired for a part time job as a lifeguard to keep his thoughts from wandering and spends every moment soaking up the vibrant tropical island. He's hands shake in inexperience; the perspectives and environment dull in it's capture but every picture is less blurry then the last...

I lowkey love that idea

Uhh....

dude. that is such a great concept!! I can already see the struggles he is going to go through but i love character development so MUCH.

so yes. noodles stuck to wall. they are al dente.

alrighty character thread is up !! I’ve put some placeholders up for my characters/npcs. I’ll add more as I go. let me know if y’all have any questions β€” it should be linked in this thread (at the top??).

alrighty character thread is up !! I’ve put some placeholders up for my characters/npcs. I’ll add more as I go. let me know if y’all have any questions β€” it should be linked in this thread (at the top??).
do you have any occupation ideas for someone who enjoys helping people, but is also staff at the resort?

do you have any occupation ideas for someone who enjoys helping people, but is also staff at the resort?
hmmm…possibly a lifeguard, or depends what you define as β€œhelping people”? a chef, a bellboy, waiting staff, the resort would most likely have some first aid officers, receptionist, security. that’s all I can think of on the top of my head !!

hmmm…possibly a lifeguard, or depends what you define as β€œhelping people”? a chef, a bellboy, waiting staff, the resort would most likely have some first aid officers, receptionist, security. that’s all I can think of on the top of my head !!
I was also thinking along the lines of first aid or maybe even a full-fledged doctor. Maintenance staff are also pretty helpful

Also, will we be starting pre-breakout or post-breakout.
And how long before/after the breakout are we staring?

Asking because I want to know whether or not my character should be geared up, or if he's still just living a regular life

Meet Anthony Church everyone.
Also, Savannah, that is one of the coolest codes for a character sheet I've seen (granted, I've only been here a month or so). Tying to be like you when I grow up.

Also, will we be starting pre-breakout or post-breakout.
And how long before/after the breakout are we staring?

Asking because I want to know whether or not my character should be geared up, or if he's still just living a regular life
I think this was mentioned in the interest check but it will be pre-outbreak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back