• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dawn of War: Galactica

ThePerpetualShadow

Forever cloaked in darkness.
So, I got this idea for a Warhammer 40k roleplay. All the characters have found themselves in a black Void. They are asked to chose a race and cannot leave unless they do. Once they chose a race, they will have to chose a unit from their chosen race to act as their Avatar. After that, they must pick wargear and a name. The wargear is limited by the type of Avatar they chose. For instance, a Guardsman cannot use a Tau Pulse Rifle.

The true ability of the characters is that they are able to create their own army, similar to the game Dawn of War, with the additions from Ultimate Apocalypse mod. Only Requisition is gained through killing of enemies or unlucky civilians, although Power is gathered the usual way through building generators. Characters may begin on the same planet, or elsewhere.

I'm not sure about the plot, but I was thinking that the characters are informed that the only way to escape the hellhole that is 40k, is to conquer Holy Terra. Although this is open for discussion.

TIME FER DA WAAAGH!

Question, we doing heroes? Or units? Or both, because I’d be down for a hero embedded into a unit.

You can be any unit you wish from your chosen race, doesn't need to be a hero.

So if you wanted, you could be a Gretchin.

As fun as that would be, it probably wouldn’t be fun.

No, won’t it be easier on the cs sheet to have a hero and then have a unit that he/she/it’s imbedded in?

The attachment won't exist, along with a few other things. You can simply have a squad or an army follow you around after all.

I was kind of thinking that the character can possess thier units at will, but having a primary avatar that buffs nearby units. I was also thinking instead of squads, units are summoned individually.

No, I've never played that game. What do you not like, we can change stuff if you want.

Units aren't bound together as in they have to follow each other around. We can still summon in squads, but the individual members can move around freely.

Also, there is no health or morale system. If a soldier takes a shot to the face, they die instantly. No unlimited ammunation either, the research building of each race will produce ammo and weapons.

Basically our units are immitations of the real thing. They have the personality and experiance that you would expect from the unit.

Last edited:
Yeah, I might back out of this.

Not that it’s not a good idea, it’s just not what I’m expecting, especially for a 40k rp.

Somthing like Dawn of War 2’s last stand, except with a bigger variety of hero types(which is our own) embedded into a specific 40k unit.

I'm a bit confused with the whole embedding thing, but I've never played Dawn of War 2.

I have a few other ideas for 40k if this one doesn't work out anyway.

Well you should, it’s a good game.

Not 3 though, that’s a shit game.

You know how you can attach heroes to units in dawn of war?

More or less, you can role play as the unit.

Or alternatively we can just do last stand with heroes.

Or if you want to do somthing else 40k, I got ideas too.

A couple of my ideas are:

Rpers dropped into 40k from 21st century as conscripted Guardsmen and they have to fight to survive.

Rpers are people from the 21st century, frozen in stasis for many thousands of years, only to get picked up by a Rogue Trader and introduced to a wartorn galaxy.

What ideas do you have?

I was thinking being already in the universe

We make a hero and a imperial guard regiment and participate in a crusade.

We can do a squad of deathsquad, just rp and no dice rolling.

Or, be warbosses in the bigger Ork WAAAGH!

I’ve got an entire list of ork character sheets, like a boar boy called Daun JWAAAGH and a stormboss called Mor’Blitz Sle’py’ead.

Though I’m a bit hesitant about doing, simply because, well, ya gotta know how to talk like an ork, and that takes a bit of time.

The imperial guard idea is easier for people to grasp, because you can essentially come up with any regiment you want.

i am always looking for a good 40k rp, i have several ideas, though Orkz might be hard as i can't do a cockney accent.

i meant more for characters, though orcs might be hard to pull off so maybe we can be like heroes of various races or well imperium forces ( maybe eldar as well) fighting to liberate a world of great value from chaos could even have some orcs serving an inquistor and maybe even none chaotic rouge space marines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back