• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] A Hero's Start

"I made it."

They said it couldn't have been done. They said he'd flop, then end up as an average nobody working a dead-end job, or fall even further and grow up like those loathsome zombies prowling Kensington. But they weren't here. They were back in Phillie, barely scraping by in roach-infested apartments, snacking on government-issued crackers and cheese. But him? He was here. Standing in front of the world's greatest high school. And all because of his hard work.

Of course, it wasn't easy. Well, Isiah knew that was a lie. It was a fucking breeze. The written exam was no more challenging than filling up a permission slip. He could've done it with his eyes closed. And those essays? The ones with those "hard-hitting" questions about why you want to become a hero? or "How do you think you can make a change?" Easy. He wrote the generic, "To inspire others into following my path!" and "To make others feel more comfortable with themselves!"

Even thinking about it now made him chuckle. As if anyone wanted to become a hero because of that starry-eyed bullshit?

On the other hand, the practical exam, he had to admit, was challenging. Not in the "Test your skill!" kind of way he was used to. It was the "Everyone is against you." type of challenge. The ones he hated the most.

Isiah could still remember the day of the exam now. He was off by himself, stretching his limbs, keeping himself limber, and making sure his quirk was still functioning before he noticed them. Applicants, hundreds of them, all standing around, chatting, laughing, judging... staring. Staring at him, he knew. Because he was the "butter boy." Because they knew his quirk was horrible. But that didn't last. They weren't staring when he sent that robot into orbit. They weren't gossiping when he slipped past them, claiming their points before their "better" quirks could even get a dent in.

And they certainly weren't laughing now; when they were sent home crying, distraught at their incompetence. While he was here. Stronger. Faster. Better.

His parents would be so proud.

He should send them a picture. A nice little selfie in front of the gates just to prove it all wasn't a waste. That all that work did pay off. "Yeah..." Isiah thought, sliding his phone out of his pocket and angling the camera at his grinning face. As he saw himself on the screen, he thought about adding a caption. Maybe a simple "thank you"? Or something like, "First day in U.A! Love you, Mom & Dad!"

It all sounded great until he really thought about it. Why would he send something so childish like that? He was sixteen years old - he couldn't send them that middle-schooler type shit! And besides, it must've been late back in Philadephia; they were probably at work. So they wouldn't see it. And if they did, they probably would be too tired to care. And now that he got a good look at himself, his hair didn't look that great. And his smile was crooked. And he'd look like a total ass just standing here, smiling. And he had to get to class.

His grin twisting into a frown, Isiah slid the phone back into his pocket and hurried through the gates. He shouldn't be wasting his time.

- - - - - - - -

On the way to class, Isiah was already thinking of his game plan for the school year. High school was a nightmare, so he heard, so he had to keep a good strategy.

First, he had to befriend the quiet kids. They were always the easiest to get close to and the most loyal. They wouldn't care if he messed up, not unlike the popular kids. That's where he needed to be perfect. They'd chew him up and spit him out if he hadn't made it clear he was equal. He had to prove himself to them.

But that wouldn't be hard. All he had to do was say the right words, give the right smile, show the right moves, repeat for three years, and he'd be out of here a hero—a popular, fantastic superhero.

The thought sounded so great; Isiah hadn't noticed he'd walked right into the middle of class. The wide, proud grin fell from his face as he saw he was the only one unseated. And everyone was already talking. And his teacher was the Maestro Hero!

Shit.

He felt absolutely mortified. He could feel their eyes bore into him. Studying him. Making assumptions. Making correct assumptions. How could he have been so stupid? First impressions were everything in school - even more so in Japan - and he'd already tarnished his! He had to find a way to salvage this. Put away the "lesser" thoughts where they belonged. Bring out the better Isiah.

Taking a deep breath, Isiah regarded Junji with a slight bow of his head, "Sorry about that, Teach. I just got a little lost, is all." He shrugged apologetically and managed a small smile, "Won't happen again, I promise."

"Easy!" He thought triumphantly as he strolled to a free seat and plopped down his bag, taking a moment to survey his classmates. They were wild. First of all, there was the giant rat - of which he was sure he'd seen crawling down in the New York subways -some sheep-goat-whatever girl, another girl that brought her witch cosplay to school, and another dressed as an android, two guys over by the windows clearly interested in each other, one in the back trying to hide in their phone while another guy loomed over him, a guy literally made of metal, another with bands of water around his arms, and then one girl who looked like she liked karate a bit too much, and the guy in the back who looked like he wanted to die, and then the girl who looked way too much like a vampire, and then the other one who looked the most normal in the class, and then the...

Isiah could feel his brain frying. He'd meet and greet them later. He should start small and strike up a quick little chat with someone nearby. Someone like the girl next to him.

"Sup," He greeted Chiyo, flashing her the faintest smile. She looked exactly like the type of kid he needed to befriend. Quiet, miserable, and probably just as terrified as he was. "Me too, Quiet kid. Me too," Isiah thought, reclining in his seat. "Are you tired?" He asked cheekily, "Or is that a bit of 'existential-dread', I see?"

Chiyo Oda
Interaction: The Last Curse The Last Curse
Chiyo.1.png

As the door slid open and the late arrival stepped through, ghost was kind enough or distracted enough to stop his mocking chuckle. Instead it narrowed it's eyes as it watched the new arrival make his apology then move to his desk. "So normal, boring!!!" cried the ghost and was about ready to go back to his mocking chuckle before the kid spoke to Chiyo. A second passed and the ghost burst out into a fit of laughter, even reaching up and wiping away a nonexistent tear from it's eyes. "I take it back! This kid is fantastic, he totally just called you out!" an annoyed frown flashed across Chiyo's face. "Shut it" she hissed in a whisper to ghost.

With ghost finally shutting up Chiyo was able to focus on her new problem, her desk neighbor. "Maybe it's one of the other or maybe it's both. You are free to guess if you want, if you do then I guess I will have to wait for that answer. After all being on time seems to already been an issue for you. " she replied. If this guy was going to make fun of her, she wasn't going to take it lying down. Instead she would spin it around and send it right back at him.

ddo8pwb-6308494b-79a7-4b16-9c54-088507058ae1.png

Toshiro Matakura
8802ee7cf32a9462263ca7d0e09ea6ca.jpg

mentions: I ain't god damn mentioning that many people

"oh no...." Please god no he was back... was it a he? it really didn't matter because they were BADGERING HIM WITH QUESTIONS! "Nyyeeeeeh s-stoppp!" the boy seemed to crumple from the flood of words currently being poured out of this pink person's face non-stop, he barely noticed the teacher come in, which was very, very hard not to notice since they were so...

uh....

Noticeable?

Well, in a sorta normal looking yet fashionable way?

He had really nice hair...

The suspenders and belly belt thing were certainly working out for them but he couldn't help but think he had to watch his weight very carefully... Toshi had to aswell but thats because his hero costume is so lean... he was proud of that costume even if it's simple, but it worked so well!!

He wore it many times and took many pictures (With his face covered) for his blog it was really fun!

it filled him with so much... COURAGE!!

And determination!!

He only wished he had alot of that in the day to day.. he can't wear it forever... it'd ruin the magic... And the material... it was hard getting the frilly bits just right!

"umm.. Umm... Please... St-" oh no hes talking still oh god please stop and go away please please...... wait he doesn't even have a phone? Country? Aww man come on he doesn't want to be some kidnapped introvert for some country bumpkin that doesn't even know whats happening!?!?!?!?

"Nyeeeh... S-s-sstop the teacher is here he's important listen to hiiim!!!!"

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

This was it. The day had finally come. Kenshi's first day as a U.A. student! That said, he was so excited that he ended up sleeping rather late. So late, in fact, that he completely slept through the alarms he had set up on his phone.

"Keeeeeen. Wake up! You're gonna be late!" Acting as an emergency alarm was Maya, Kenshi's mother knocking on his door. Something about his mother's voice jolted his brain awake. "Crap..." he murmured to himself, quickly sitting on the edge of his bed. "I'm awake now, Mom! Thanks!" the young one thanked his mother, and started running around the house, in a rush to be ready as soon as possible.

Now in his uniform, Kenshi wolfed down his breakfast, with his mother gleaming with joy. Her son, going to a prestigious hero school. She could tell he was extremely happy as well. Maya was proud her son acted so maturely with the situation of his father, too. "Ready to go, my hero?" she asked, with the sweetness only a mother could convey "I'm not a hero yet, Mom... But yes, I prepared everything last night" He shouted as he ran to brush his teeth.

With all preparations set, Kenshi stood at the entrance being held by his mother with no arms to defend himself "Mom! Knock it off!" to which his mother chuckled "Oh yeah, I'm sorry... I sometimes forget how much you've grown..." She patted off a few wrinkles from his uniform before saying "There, have fun on your first day!". Sighing, but with a smile, he waved goodbye to his mother and headed for school.

It was a brisk, but calm walk to U.A. He usually jogs here just to take a look at the awe inspiring building, even before he did the entrance exam. He had never been inside, however. So despite arriving just in time, he got quite lost within the main building. A student rushing to his own class told him roughly where he needed to go. Luckily, he wasn't that bad with directions, so he managed to find classroom 1-A. He was about to enter, when he noticed the teacher speaking. Not wanting to make things worse, he waited for him to finish, while also getting the gist of what was he telling his classmates.

Once the teacher was done, Kenshi opened the door. His eyes immediately locked with his teacher's. Closing the door behind him, a light shade of pink came to his face. He was pretty sure most eyes were on him. He needed to do something. Gripping his bag and the wrapped bokken in one hand rather firmly, he bowed deeply "I-I'm sorry, Teacher... I got lost. I won't interrupt anymore." Spotting a free seat near the back, he quickly started to make his way to it. Dropping his bag on the desk, and resting his bokken against the side of it.

@ Nobody in particular just yet

Renee Nyx
1672458331393.png

As Renee waited quietly and patiently, she had both her hands on her bag, it looked a bit raggedy, but she stilled used it. The witch watched more and more people walk in, strange looking people, weirder personalities. There were a few annoying ones as well. Renee did make a note of some that came on in, she wasn't too impressed with everyone overall. Nothing about them really stood out to her, except... This blue haired girl, her eyes were red, and she came in gracefully. Holding an umbrella, Renee's silver eyes would glow red for a moment as she pondered about who this strange woman was... Interesting enough for Renee to be intrigued by her, she would want to know her a little bit better. Get to know her. Possibly see if there is anything she could know about her. She would see.

Then just as Renee's eyes turned back to their base silver color, the homeroom teacher would come in, Junji Chikafuji. Renee would remember that name, she would have to. Renee smirked at the opportunity to show off her quirk, she had a vast range of abilities to do. Although her attire did not cover up what she could do. But she imagined people here were just as capable as she was. There was a few that looked rather strange and others that looked weak. Renee was not weak. She couldn't be. She needed to know more about her powers and increase on them.

---

Zesh
1672461108192.png

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
However, then he saw a very pretty witch girl and a scraggly rat walk in, and immediately he could not hold back the question he had to ask. "Why are you digging through trash?" His voice rumbled out, the metallic sound to voice making it sound like grinding metal as he spoke, similar to Darth Vader but more metallic.

Zesh was looking through her junk, it reeked of rust and somewhat like death. Zesh thought about making another junk invention... Although she wasn't sure what, maybe a smaller metal rat? Yeah... Although she probably would need a weird twisty thing, and gears. And real eyes. Although sounded like a good and clear idea. But then she would hear the voice similar to metal creaking and scratching, Zesh would turn her head seeing this weird metal like dinosaur that asked her what she was doing digging through trash. Zesh narrowed her eyes and left her mouth agape, like she wasn't sure what he meant... " Is the metal statue-figurine talking...? " Zesh asked while she tilted her head, " Zesh likes trash, can create-make stuff! Family may be in there too! " The Rat stated, Darius would see her eyes pupils were wide and she looked a bit intoxicated. The Rat would look at Darius' body and pointed at his frame, " Can Zesh have a piece? Can make a shelf out of material. Also make a dumpster golem again. Or make a glove. Or make a explodey thing. " The Rat smiled nicely at Darius.

RavenSong RavenSong
She’d move the blue strands from her face and pulled out a notebook and a pen and pencil from her bag among books and other materials that were required before attending. Placing them neatly on her desk. Turning over, Sorina would then spot a rat creature, who appeared in quite the dilemma as it muttered words, “Greetings.” She said with a slight wave.

But just as Zesh finished her sentence, she looked up seeing a blue haired lady with an umbrella sit down in front of her. The Rat smiled nicely, " Hello lady-girl! I am Zesh! " the rat stated as she showed her bag, it was filled with old metal parts and, well, junk. " I can make-create stuff! Like an explodey device and a metal rat! " She seemed proud of herself as she placed her bag on the floor, under her desk. " Can you tell the metal dinosaur here to give me some of his body-frame? I want to make a plate. " Zesh asked Sorina.

With the teacher walking in, Zesh stared at him for maybe... 2 seconds. She then divulged her attention elsewhere as she grabbed her bag and pulled out a Ziploc bag (not sponsored) that contained a few white rocks inside with powder along with it. Zesh then poured one small rock in the small baggie onto her desk and pulled out a small gear from her bag. Zesh then began to smash the rock into a powder on her desk, of course it was making noise as Zesh then leaned over and placed her nose into the powder before sniffing it loudly which caused her head to launch backwards, her eyes widen as she shook her head and opened her eyes. " WHOOOO! YES! " Zesh cried out loudly in the classroom, she then began to laugh with her pupils dilating, " That kick-punts like a Rat in a bucket with fire underneath it! " Zesh said with a wide smile as she shook her head again. " Yes! " she clearly still had white powder on her nose and leaned backwards in her desk. The powder now gone as Zesh reached under her desk and pulled out some scrap, placing it on her desk as she began to tinker around parts, eyes still wide while she stared intensely at her scrap looking to Darius next to her. " Can I have some of your scrap-metal? " She pointed at his leg before she began to reach for him, although she was quite small and had a terrible reach so she wasn't able to actually touch him.

43E99375-637B-4E45-9D05-E45C0DCDAF7C.jpeg

Sorina was fairly amused, but the look upon her face reflected a much more focused demeanor. She scrunched her nose, and placed a hand over the other on her desk. Straightening her pen to make it perfectly symmetrical to the other items on her work surface. What could be taking this teacher. She thought to herself, If this keeps up any longer I will have to entertain myself by sowing as much conflict between all of these kids.

She’d tilt her head slightly at sight of the student with the two droids. I suppose it could be worse. That’s surely a first.

Then her vampiric crimson eyes turned towards the entrance, there were many students, some appeared more promising than others.

However, a few in particular stood out a bit more than the others. The large horned one, who seemed incredibly kind, and sweet. Then towards the nervous one who seemed to constantly fidget and in a state of internal conflict. She only briefly wondered what their blood would taste like, before bringing a hand to her face with devious embarrassment. Hungry already? Sorina thought,

When the rat Zesh introduced herself she turned back to face her. She was quirky, but strangely amusing and she quickly took to her, revealing a grin. “It’s quite the pleasure to meet you..” she’d put a hand over heart, “.. Sorina Bancroft, at your most delicate service.” She ended with a slight chuckle.

Her eyes would flicker at mention of ‘exploding things’ but her expression remained fairly emotionless and elegant like some kind of lifeless doll.

“Uhm, you’d take someone apart for a plate? Hmm, that is quite amusing.”

She’d pull out a plastic pouch filled with a red vital liquid and punctured it with a straw, quickly drinking its contents and folding the remainder neatly back into her bag.

She hadn’t noticed the rat sitting next to her had started concocting some kind of substance that altered the senses. Sorina would put a delicate hand over her mouth resisting any probability that she’d burst out in laughter. This was one entertaining rat. “I’m not going to ask what that is, but your secret is safe with me.” She shrugged indifferently, with a bit of attitude in her voice.

It was then that the fabled Maestro Hero arrived with a most upbeat mood. Sorinas eyes quickly turned towards the unnaturally upbeat teacher who presented himself. The vampire wouldn’t respond to his greeting of the class. Her mind was still fumbling with the fact that a great hero stood before her. “Heh, yes.. first day jitters.” she repeated under her breath. I certainly have them. But not for long.

She was about to add to the long string of blurted out introductions, when others had beat her to the chance to do so. They were all so quick and insistent, which Sorina rolled her eyes to, and felt a little embarrassed for them. Surely the best will be this teachers selected few. A list I plan on making it to. A welling determination grew within the vampire. She could almost but not quite, feel alive again.

Whatever Sorina was plotting it was definitely not by drawing attention. She’d wait until the time was right. Perhaps it was her calculating demeanor or her vampiric intuitions.

Last edited:
Introcard.png
Goo~ood Morning! !

Interactions:
Orikanyo Orikanyo -
Toshiro Matakura
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti -
Aiko Hatsu Xel

Mentions:
Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid -
Junji Chikafuji

Kaguyahiko.png

"Oh! Did you-" The boy stopped. This was odd, he looked puzzled for a moment while leaning on Toshiro's desk. Thinking, what was I about to say now? Kaguya definitely had questions to ask but... For some odd and unexplainable reason, he felt like he needed to stop asking questions. Better yet, he felt like he had to stop talking. Was it because Mister Bamboo Head asked ever so politely for Kaguyahiko to "stop"?

Wait wait,
this wasn't good! While trying to figure out why he suddenly needed to stop talking, Kaguyahiko forgot what he wanted to ask. He had some suuuper important questions to ask, but they suddenly just vanished! OH NO! How could this happen? Kaguyahiko stared off blankly into nothingness trying to figure out what he wanted to say. "Uhhm..." The boy let out unconsciously, "Do you ever just think about saying something and then completely forget it the next moment?" Kaguyahiko asked, a nervous smile on his face. "Bwah! Whatever~☆" The boy gave up, scooting his chair closer to his own desk. "So we're friends now? Oh~kay!☆" The boy claimed with a cheeky smile, as he got up and turned his chair back to face his own desk (No. 4).

That's when Mister Bamboo Head, which is now totally Kaguya's friend, told him about the teacher that he didn't at all notice walk in but should have absolutely listened to. The boy was so preoccupied trying to figure out what he supposedly forgot to ask that he didn't listen to what the teacher had said prior. A few new students walked in as well! How nice~☆ Kaguyahiko was totally not late at all!

That means he skipped breakfast for nothing... How unfortunate! The boy thought to himself, I guess I'll have to eat lunch for breakfast later. He wondered as he leaned backwards on his chair, looking at the ceiling. Then, sitting upright, he would grab his lunchbox which he carelessly left alone on his desk, and choppily stuff it into his student handbag. He then looked in front of him. There was someone who sat at desk number 3! They seemed like the focused type of person. Although, compared to Kaguya, anyone could be the focused type of person. After placing his handbag on the floor next to his desk, Kaguyahiko would lean forward to poke the person on the shoulder in front of him.

"Scuu~se☆ me!" He cheerily spoke, "Good morning! My name's Tsukino Kaguyahiko, please don't call me Kaguya, nice to meetcha'!" He introduced himself as normal, brightly smiling. "Do you know what Mister Sensei-Sir said? I was totally not payin' attention! ☆ Also, wanna be friends~? Since you are sitting in front of me we should be friends--☆" The boy spoke with a brazenly casual tone, still cheerfully smiling as he was leaning on his desk.

Ohara Michi
Michi.jpg

Although Michi thought she would have a chance at fleeing from Tsukino after giving an excuse about class, it seemed like her life would not be that easy. Somehow he hadn't known which class he was supposed to be in and just decided to follow Michi into 1-A. "They're supposed to have told you which class you're in though." she thought to herself, exasperated as the boy followed her based on his "great fortune" today. After seeing his erratic behavior, she'd guessed that they had told him, and he just hadn't been able to pay attention long enough to remember. For better or worse, Tsukino's sights had been set on Mr. Bamboo Hair, and he had made a beeline for the boy instead of focusing on Michi much longer. Offering a silent prayer for the timid boy, she concentrated on decompressing at her desk. She usually wasn't one to give up without a fight, but Tsukino was on a different level.

Aside from the pink ball of energy and the robot boy, several of her classmates had managed to stand out in their own ways. There was a foreign boy who watched everyone that walked in a piece of glass or something similar, a giant metal man sitting behind her desk, a rat person, and a cute girl with an umbrella who gave off a fancy feeling. For the foreign boy, she had guessed that the thing he was looking through was related to his quirk. Initially, she thought the metal man was some kind of pro hero in his costume, but that didn't make sense, and she thought she recognized him from the entrance exams. "He's really intimidating and cool!" were her first impressions. "I should try asking to fi-...train later. I probably won't need to worry about hurting him." she thought to herself in excitement, stubby sheep tail wagging as she did. Unfortunately, she didn't have a good angle from her desk to see the fancy and (probably) rich girl or rat.

Before she could find an opportunity to insert her into the metal boy(?)'s conversation, Michi was approached by another classmate. The girl had jet-black and gold hair put up in a ponytail, giving off the strong feeling of a stylish and popular girl. "H-huh? Cute? Me?" Michi asked dumbly, pointing to herself and blinking in confusion. Checking the seats around her, she made sure the girl wasn't talking to anyone else, but that didn't seem to be the case. Michi was only really used to being called cute by her family and their neighbors, who were probably trying to be nice. Ever since she had decided to become a pro hero, her classmates had only treated her like a boring weirdo.

Michi was only further confused when the girl, Sachiko, started talking about them being best friends. "I'm Michi; it's nice to meet you too." she introduced herself in return, offering a somewhat shy and unsure smile. "I have an Instagram, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. I only really post things about training, food, or our cat. I guess there's some hair stuff because people ask about my wool a lot, too." she explained awkwardly. Michi had only made the account because her sister, Miyuki, kept nagging her to create one. Miyuki had kept saying it was a waste with how cute and cool she was and that she'd definitely be popular. Michi wasn't really convinced and only gave in when her sister told her that heroes had to get used to dealing with those kinds of things. "She really is a lot like Miyu, though." Michi realized as she thought of her sister.

As the two were talking, Michi noticed a red-headed man come into the classroom and introduce himself as their homeroom teacher. She didn't recognize his appearance, but his name did sound somewhat familiar. Despite attempting to rack her brain for the answers, nothing came to mind immediately. When it was explained that they would be showing off their quirks, Michi got excited, only to remember what her quirk was and deflated. "How am I supposed to do something cool with Sheep?" she wondered to herself quietly, frowning as she tried to think of something. "I guess Mr. Chikafuji did say they'd cater to everybody, though." she consoled herself. "What're you gonna do, Sachi?" Michi questioned her new friend curiously as she got up to be ready to leave.

Last edited:
Isiah1.jpg
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

Isiah physically recoiled at Chiyo's retort, and his hand ran nervously through his hair. He must've picked the wrong approach. But what was so wrong with it? Was it his voice? His "joke"? Or maybe that stupid, shit-eating grin he'd tried so hard to get rid of? Why else would he be messing up so quickly already? "Forget about it. Just shut up and talk," Isiah told himself, straightening in his seat. This was nothing; he could handle this! All he needed was just a little bit of damage control.

"Oh, my bad. I wasn't tryna piss you off or anything," Isiah apologized curtly, "Shouldn't be crackin' jokes when I don't even know your name, right?" He considered a chuckle but quickly decided against it. Maybe she'd think he was trying to take the piss. That wouldn't have helped one bit. "Look, let's just start over," He added, jabbing one finger at himself, "Sup, I'm Isiah Macdonald. Foreign student, came all the way here from the States," He held up three fingers, "I like cooking, ice cream, and reading. Y'know, boring shit."

This time, he opted in for another smile. "Fun lil' icebreaker, right?" He joked, turning to point at the front, "Yup, not too different from the stuff they'll be asking when we've gotta go up there," He sighed in mock despair, "I just can't wait!"

And he really couldn't. Class introductions were, by every sense of the word, perfect. Minus the prattling on hobbies and other useless crap he'd no use of, they were the ideal opportunity to learn who he needed to avoid, who he needed to impress, who he needed to befriend.

And who was competition.

Isiah's eyes settled back on Chiyo. He wouldn't have to wait to find out if she was one of them. "But yeah, enough about me. How about you?" He asked, watching her carefully, "We're all gonna go up sooner or later, and I've already given you a lil' bit of what I was gonna say. So, will you give me a little spoiler, too?"

Chiyo Oda
Interaction: The Last Curse The Last Curse
Chiyo.1.png

A small smirk of satisfaction danced it's way on to Chiyo's face when she caught the boys movement. It seemed her words had definitely had an effect, although not as strong as one as she might have hoped. Still she got to enjoy a few seconds of victory before he recovered and came back with an apology and then probably one of the most basic introductions in history. He did get some positive brownie points for being a foreigner, but not because it made him better then being a local. This school was difficult and stressful enough for locals to get in, let alone foreigners. Being able to travel so far from home and be able to attend one of the most high profile hero schools was worthy of respect. Despite the fact she had a little more respect for him, Chiyo was still rather sensitive to people looking at her.

Fully aware that this guys was still watching her she intently locked her gaze onto her desk. She was staring at it so hard that she might end up burning a whole through it, but that would be the price she had to pay. Ghost did not think it was the only price she would have to pay. "Do it, just take a glance." it whisperd while it slowly made it's way behind her from the left side of her desk to the right side. "One quick glare will scare him off. You need to take one small, tiny, miniscule head motion. Like this" As the ghost spoke his hand's reached up to either sides of her head, but by reflex her own hands moved and slapped the ghost away. Not that anyone would have seen it, instead they would have just scene her swat the open air.

"You seem so excited for the icebreakers, it would be rude to spoil anything about myself and take away that fun from you." she replied to Isiah. She could have left it at that but sighed slightly as the presence of ghost looming behind waiting as impatiently as ever was causing her to lose interest in getting revenge for being made fun of game. "Chiyo Oda, dislike cooking, anyone who doesn't like ice cream is lying or wrong, and reading is fine. Final tip for your spoiler, I recommend you stop looking at me. Otherwise you are going to get yourself into a situation neither of us are going to enjoy."

ddo8pwb-6308494b-79a7-4b16-9c54-088507058ae1.png

Elizabeth Markson
ZrLwrSZX5hUrfJQUfMA7WuVrV-La6xbK12TxZboRe9mUj_cSVkPKWgW1kX4kT6GeF_w99qqfUzctJUmeJ5rQIg5-r4Sngh7mlamQYaeYS4j7WI3GUhlowyXRyrVMjZt7QH6fb0xHLJjGYt95JRxx7UIuoK1P1ZjI7bMCnd820wP5q6xcJsdtwQ4BZsrVPQ

Elizabeth stepped out of the car, giving a small wave to the driver before turning to stare at the school. Of course, she knew all about it already. She had done her research before choosing this school, after all. She only wanted to go to the best place in the country, and after she had been dragged here by her father for business, it really was what she deserved, after all. She grimaced at the thought, remembering how she basically had to use her power to constantly mentally translate what was said and what she was saying for the first bit as she went through the grueling task of learning a new language, but while she might not think it was all worth it, as there was just as prestigious schools in the US, she would still do her best to make the most of it.

She stepped forward onto school grounds, her eyes moving left and right, a small glare on her face as she noted the uniforms others were wearing. That was another reason she oh so wished that she was back in the US. The requirement of uniforms here was just so mind numbingly annoying. She wasn't exactly a conformist, and uniforms were something that felt like she was pressured to be like others. Her eyes went to her cloak and shirt, wondering if she could ditch them before class,. and if the teach would have issues if she did.

Once she entered the building, however, her mind was split as she started to probe the wifi in the school. Oftentimes the wifi in schools had basic protections at best as there wasn't anything that pressing connected to it. However, what she wanted wasn't anything as sensitive as SSNs or birth certificates. Instead, pictures of other students, names, and quirks were what her mind wanted, in addition to a building map for easy navigation to classes. The second was for obvious reasons, but the first was in order to help her own abilities. If she were to create anything for them, if it wasn't a basic item then having it specialized to a student's abilities would be better.

She stepped into the classroom, her eyes searching the room before falling on an empty seat. She walked over to it, pulling off her jacket and tossing it onto her seat before sitting down, her eyes turning up to the ceiling as her whole mind focused on the problem in front of her of getting into the school's system.​

8e573c301e971931b6b66ddcd5ab5109116c44d6_00~2.jpg

Amata Harukawa

WOOSH
THUD
That sound echoed several times within one of the hallways of UA. It was the sound of something flying through and then stabbing into a piece of wood. Upon closer inspection, it would be revealed that the source of the noise was being played from a video on a phone.

"Woah how'd you even hit that!?" A girl with blue skin and a horn on the right side of her forehead, called out within the group of three students where the noise came from. "No way, you have a homing quirk right?" The other girl, with red skin and a horn on the left side of her forehead commented. They were both watching the video from the phone that a green-haired boy was holding sideways in his hand. In the video, was that same boy shooting arrows at targets within an open field with a crowd of people watching. It was a video of an archery competition.

"ANOTHER DIRECT HIT FROM AMATA HARUKAWA"

Came the loud voice of the commentator within the video. "Nah, a lot of Archery competitions don't allow the use of quirks, but recently there's been a lot of uproar about what counts at using a quirk and even talk about discrimination against certain quirk types. It's a whole lot. Anyway, pretty impressive right? I've won plenty of medals too. Maybe we can talk about it over the phone later? Oh, but I would need your numbers to do that," Amata Harukawa questioned them and smiled at the two with a hand in his pocket.

After a moment of surprise at his boldness, the girls blushed before reaching out to grab their phones. "Ah, we're late on the first day! We gotta hurry!" The red girl shouted when she noticed the time on her phone. Amata couldn't get a word out before the two of them dashed down the hall to find their class. "Oh well, not like I won't see them again." he commented to himself before also jogging down the halls.

Amata hadn't expected to be running late on his first day at UA for trying to showoff in front of some girls he had just met. He'd only just got excited because one of them said she recognized his face from somewhere and so he got a bighead about it. The part about asking them for their contact information was more of just Amata wanting to test himself mentally to see if he was ready for this new path in life .... and maybe also to test his luck a bit...

'Gotta' keep going, gotta keep testing myself! Burn through every obstacle! That's the only way I'm going to keep getting better...' After mentioning those words to himself with a determed strut, Amata stood in front of the 1-A class door. "And this is just another obstacle." At that moment, he slid open the door to the class.

"I'm Amata Harukawa! Some of my friends call Harumata. While others call me 'Hotshot'. It's a more accurate name than you think. I hope we can get along." he spoke out to the class while scanning over them. Potential friends and rivals were what he saw, all with the same uniform as him. From what he remembered, he was student number 15. So he walked toward seat number 15 and placed his backpack on it. From the looks of it they were going to be heading out somewhere soon.

"Glad to see it's so lively in here. This should be fun."

Elizabeth Markson

ZrLwrSZX5hUrfJQUfMA7WuVrV-La6xbK12TxZboRe9mUj_cSVkPKWgW1kX4kT6GeF_w99qqfUzctJUmeJ5rQIg5-r4Sngh7mlamQYaeYS4j7WI3GUhlowyXRyrVMjZt7QH6fb0xHLJjGYt95JRxx7UIuoK1P1ZjI7bMCnd820wP5q6xcJsdtwQ4BZsrVPQ

Elizabeth watched the newcomer walk in like he owned the place, her eyes following his every step as he made his way towards her desk. She stared as he walked by her, ending up sitting next to her desk. She slowly turned away, her mind quickly doing searches for his name and face. He seemed cocky and overly sure of himself. Of course, many people coming here would, as they've made it into such a prestigious school. However, it made her almost want to knock him down a peg.

It wasn't too difficult to find information about him. He had apparently won a few competitions, but the big thing was his mother. Olympian archer and generally rather impressive, but with an injury that took her out of business. After that it was a steep decline for her before it seemed their family fell off the face of the planet, at least until he began to compete. Walking in his mother's footsteps, maybe?

She absentmindedly drummed on her desk, her eyes unfocused as she mentally scrolled through more and more articles about him and his mother. Finally, she said, simply, "Quite the entrance you made. But wouldn't you say it's a bit much? We're probably gonna have to introduce ourselves when the teach gets here. Why waste breath introducing yourself like that when you'll just have to do it again? Hell, I'm not even sure if the whole class is here yet, so your grandiose entrance may have been all for naught."

1672696168964.png

Amata Harukawa

Amata listened to the girl in glasses with a smile on his face. Her criticism was pretty on the mark, but the boy had gone accustomed to critics from among his peers in archery. So the smirk he gave her while he leaned against his table and folded his arms, was a mix of charm and cockiness. He was always one to take on a challenge, so the look he was giving her was also a daring one. "I think it's always good to make a big impression. Makes me more memorable right? Even if I do have to introduce myself again, who cares. Besides, this is a Hero school! Making a big splash, showing our charisma and getting our name out there is what it's all about!" he waved a hand around to show his point.

Heroes were supposed to make an impact on everyone they came across. At least that was how he saw things after a hero came to save him once before. If there was something that was overwhelming or intimidating, you just had to overcome it. Seeing someone do that before his eyes is what left an impact on him.

Amata then shifted his focus back onto the girl in glasses. She gave him the impression of those hard to socialize with types. For him that made it all the better, after all he preferred the challenge. His finger flicked towards her, "That entrance gave you reason enough to talk to me. So it can't be all that bad. What's your deal anyways? You new to this country? Maybe I can show you around the town when we get the chance for some free time. Me and you are gonna be sitting next to each other just about everyday, so we should try to become friends." he looked at her with a more friendly gaze this time before returning his hands into his pockets.

Silent Angel Silent Angel

Elizabeth Markson

pasted image 0.png

Elizabeth sighed and waved her hand. "On one hand, yes, it's about making a splash. Hell, it's what I want to do. But on the other hand, you should know when to step up and when to calm down. If you don't understand those basics, forget about being a hero, you won't even have a social life. Oh, and by the way, saying your name twice for the class isn't exactly what I would call 'getting your name out there.'"

She turned away, once again thinking about the problem at hand as she continued to try and wheedle her way into the system, the girl feeling like she was getting some sort of purchase in the wall preventing her entry. As she thought this, however, she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes went down to the finger that had been flicked at her before going up to Amata. "It was less because you intrigued me and more because I wanted to give you pointers so as to keep people from giving you weird looks in the future. Though, as for showing me around, I've been here for a while and have familiarized myself with the area. Unlike some transfer students or overseas students, I've been stuck here for a while because my dad leads the interests of a tech company in Japan, so I've been stuck learning everything I can about this place until I can go back to Cali."

She stared at him for a few moments before deciding to turn to face the front once more, looking as if she spaced off again as she continued getting closer and closer to breaking through and getting into the wifi. She was sure that there were places that at her current level she couldn't break into, but those parts of the system weren't what she cared about, so she continued pressing on.

Tsukasa Kaminari
Boy.jpeg

Waking up to the chirping of birds outside his window, Tsukasa sat up in his bed immediately, realizing he just slept through his alarm on the very first day! Checking the clock on his phone, yep, he was going to be late! Damn it! Of course his parents wouldn't have woken him up, with them not being entirely supportive of him enrolling into UA. Heaving a heavy sigh, he would shake his head. Couldn't they just be little more supportive of his dreams? It wasn't as if hero work was all that dangerous... if anything he could just be the supportive type that works in the background! Or do rescue work! And then he'll become rich! And famous! Wahoo!

And for that reason, he couldn't let himself be late! Grabbing his bag and getting changed hastily, the boy snatched up his trusty portable charger along with his bokken bag before dashing out of the door.

Activating his quirk, he would drain the electric charges stored within him at a rate of 1% per second, converting it into kinetic energy to run even faster. "What a waste of energy!" He thought to himself. Well, at least it was good training for him. Like a race against the clock! With his speed, no way he would be late, right? He grinned excitedly at the challenge he had set for himself. Let's see how effective his training had been up till now!

When he finally reached his class, the boy was heaving and panting like a madman, fully drenched in sweat with his hair all dishevelled. Probably not a very good first impression, but oh well. He believed that he saw another figure only just entering the class right before he arrived, which meant that he wasn't late! Taking a couple of deep breaths, he regulated his breathing and fixed his glasses before opening the door to the classroom. "Thank god! Seems like I am right on time, huh? Heheheh..." The boy chuckled sheepishly, before making his way to his seat like he wasn't late at all. Damnnn! Did the teacher already started class? Glancing around, he noticed his was the only empty seat remaining. "N... nooope, I'm not late..." He muttered to himself, his earlier confidence in his speed already shattered into pieces. Taking a seat, he prayed hard that the teacher would let it slide. After all, he worked really hard to arrive on time!!!

Last edited:
Kukigawa Takehiko
Kukigawa Takehiko.JPG

Hiko continued to chat with Aolani but the topic of their quirks hadn't really come up fully, Hiko's was probably fairly obvious. Once their teacher came in, he made sure Moby and Remy weren't distracting. They had finished their cataloging of the students and he had marked all the electronics to the profiles he had made each student. Of course, the teacher got one too. Every person in Hiko's life had one. It was something he did, he created profiles of everyone so that he could keep all their information sorted and separate. He knew who was around him just by the cell phones in their pockets. It annoyed his classmates in middle school who wanted to prank him to no end when they couldn't sneak up on him. Seemed they had a little more time to chat before they'd be doing anything as their teacher was still getting files.

His surveillance of the room and in particular of the girl with all the tech on her did bring back something... odd. He felt like something was staring back at him from her. It almost gave him chills. Mentally shaking it off, he smiled at Aolani. "Well, you may have probably guessed, I'm a technopath. What's your quirk?" There were plenty of people in the room and a few late arrivals for Moby and Remy to continue logging but he wanted to keep chatting for now.

Mentions: DSLIX DSLIX Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png
Rhis started to raise an eyebrow at the statement he got from Zesh, his eyes staring over at the rat with a metallic groan as he shifted in the chair. "No... I don't think you can." He said with a raised eyebrow, before returning back towards the front of the class, seeing the teacher walk in. He listened to the introduction the teacher gave, smiling a little bit. "I'm always up for another chance to stretch my legs." He said, meaning for it to be eager, but his deep tone and the metallic groaning of his body as he stood made it quite a bit more intimidating, his eyes glancing around the class as his massive form rose above, standing with a groan from the floor beneath him under his weight.

Darius Blackwood
1671859351944.png
Sachi's answers found themselves landing on extremely attentive ears, Darius eating up every word she said as his bright smile only got wider. "Heh, I know the differences in your quirk already. That's actually part of mine! I can take the water out of my body and control it really well! And if I look at somebody through a ice lens, I gain an understanding of their quirk and what it can do." He said with a smile, flipping the lens up in his hand like a coin. "It really helps for like people who like to be all sneaky about their quirks. Cuz there's no reason to hide your quirk, it's dumb." He said with a pout, a little bit of his naivety coming out.

When the teacher walked in, Darius looked around, humming softly as he ran to his seat, glad to have gotten the answer from Sachi, looking back up at their new homeroom teacher. He listened to the introduction, smiling even brighter as he was told the days activity. "Yessir!" He said, the coils of water around his arms forming into a little ball of condensed water, before turning to ice as he held it in his hand, keeping it in a portable and easy to carry form so he could take it wherever they went.

Junji could hardly contain his excitement bounced up from the desk, ready with a clipboard in hand as beamed at the students. There were alot of fresh faces here, and he needed to do his best to make a good first impression. He and The Principle had gone over the syllabus for this year quite extensively. This class was full of exceptional, unique, and problematic children all in one! His eyes scanning the clipboard as he checked over the headcount. It seemed all the students were accounted for and while some had shown up a bit late, it wasn't anything to guff about as he smiled all the same to Isiah, and Amata before checking their names off. His hum vibrating through the air in delightful melodies as his eyes looked from student to student and put the names to faces.

"
I am so very excited to be here, teaching you all. It is an honor to have this chance, so let's make the best of it shall we?" He clapped his hands together and bounced on his heels "We are going to start today with a bit of an exercise, a chance for me to see what you can do, and a chance to get to know your classmates a little better!" He said as he moved back toward the the door. "If you would follow me, we are going to The Crucible. A most recent development of The Principle's, and a training area you will be quite accustomed to!" He said, nodding his head a few times as he held up a finger.

"
I think this is going to be stupendous group of heroes. You should all be proud to stand here, where many heroes once started their journey. I actually sat where Miss Oda is seated. There are alot of memories in this school and alot more to make! Shall we?" Mr. Chikafuji starting to make his way out and into the bright hallways. He was constant font of joyful banter and excited chatter as he shared memories of his time in U.A, running down these halls, and it was difficult to not think about Mizune in those years. The students have time to talk among themselves further and intrigue.

Elizabeth would find that her continued attempts at pushing into the school's own cyberspace bore some fruit. [Access Granted] 'flashing' in her mind as she finds a folder in the database labelled 'Bond Energy ', but the moment she enters the contents. She feels a buzzing in her brain as
Principle Marigold sends her a curt IM.

[Nosy Nosy, I am both excited and mortified to see your efforts improve and make my work harder, but maybe not on day one?]

The class eventually reached the threshold of the gym, but Junji flipped a hidden panel in the wall and leveled his eye to it before a blip of lights roiled through the double doorframe. He pushed open the doors and revealed the panels of the gym, and bleachers were vanishing in the floor; replaced by metal paneling and chromatic vestibules of light. It was a marvel of technology and one of Marigold's many personal projects across the school.

"
Welcome to The Crucible, here you don't have to worry about your quirk harming anything, and are free to use it to practice and train. Here we will 'hammer out your impurities' as The Principle is oft to say"
futuristic-interior-with-empty-stage-spaceship-corridor-tunnel-futuristic-neon-cyberpunk-style-3d-illustration_76964-5465.jpg

Elizabeth Markson

pasted image 0.png

Elizabeth's smirked as she was able to get some access to the system, but sighed in annoyance at the message she received. She gave a small shrug, knowing the jig was up, but instead of just giving up she decided to chat with the principal. After all, if she got any information, things might become a bit more interesting. If she didn't, well, at least she tried.

She quickly began mentally writing up her own little response, stating, 'Hey, you can't really blame a girl like me for trying, can you? The way I use my quirk is all about information gathering and dispersal, so it's better to have info on my fellow students in order to properly do that. If I don't have names, pics, and quirks, how do you expect me to be able to suppliment their quirks in battle? And considering how a few of them acted, it's better just going to a place with detailed descriptions over trying to ask them and either them trying to hide it or trying to brag and inflate the actual ability. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from~'

She sent the message on its way as she began to look around the room. A small frown appeared on her face as she saw the bleachers disappear, but she could always just sit on the ground if need be. Her eyes went to the teacher, hearing the explanation, before she began walking towards a side of the gym to sit.​

Seikatsu Mirai
1672934903628.png
His little nap attempt didn't go so well. The class didn't seem to understand the concept of quiet and even the teacher had the energy to sing and hum. It was all making him second guess his decision to show up today. Maybe it would be better on day two when people were not that excited and were more focused on learning. Either way he staggered to his feet when Chikafuji Sensei prompted them to follow him. Mirai wandered out the class room, rubbing his eyes and yawning into his mask as he moved with the flow of the crowd. Now that he was upright and waddling at the back of the group he was able to get a better view of who and what his classmates were. There were definitely not what he had expected for the number 1 hero course in the country, but he wasn't going to let their appearances deceive him. He still needed to see what they were about.

When they arrived to the training field, The Crucible as their teacher called it, Mirai raised his hands to block the light from his eyes. He looked around at the shiny, metal room and grimaced a little behind his mask. This wasn't the most exciting place to be. It definitely lacked character and appeal, but maybe the principal was more focused on the functions rather than the form. That was when the sleepy kid with the bloody shirt raised his hand. "What kind of training are we going to be doing?" Mirai asked from the back of the group.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Tsukasa Kaminari
Boy.jpeg

Mentions: Valkan Valkan

It took a while before Tsukasa recognized who their teacher was. Junji Chikafuji, the Maestro Hero?! Wasn't he really famous for his concerts? And now, he was here, right in front of the class, as their teacher. Tsukasa couldn't help but to chuckle devilishly. He could see the future, a few years from now, during his job interview. "Why I think I'm suitable for the job? Well, not only did I graduate from UA, but I was taught by the one and only Maestro Hero himself. In fact, the reason why I'm here today is not to impress you guys, actually it's to see whether you guys are suitable for me." Tsukasa would say, with his legs folded and him being dressed in casual attire and sandals. Boom, that was how he was gonna get hired within seconds. Just by entering this class alone, he had guaranteed his success!

While the teacher was busy sorting files, the battery boy took his time scanning the room. So this is UA... A class full of the nation's most elite... The top of the top! There were people of all shapes and sizes, and some weren't even, well, people! There was this metal giant golem, and a stinky rat, and a sheep/goat person, a cyborg too... Truly a gathering of freaks! He already had thought of a name for them. The Council of the Inhumans. And of course, he'd be part of em too, as the living battery cell hero, Battery Slayer! Or Sir Battery? The boy wracked his brain, thinking about the hero name he would go by. Argh!!! It was too difficult! Maybe another time…

However, it did seem like some of them were already well-acquainted and comfortable with talking to each other. Damnn... maybe there wasn't much hope for him joining the council anymore. After all, he was going to be all left out at this rate! Tsukasa sighed to himself. He had to make a friend somehow...

Just then, he spotted another student who had a bokken of his own! Hmmm, so this was his fated rival, huh… Tsukasa stared at Kenshi, studying his body from top to bottom, nodding with a smile of approval on his face, like a swordsman who was acknowledging another swordsman. However! Tsukasa was no ordinary swordsman! In fact, he only just picked up the bokken not too long ago, during the physical examinations because he thought it looked cool in anime! Using fists and legs to fight was out of the question as he didn’t want to injure his bones from using too much force, and when thinking of a weapon to use, a sword was the one that came to mind first! There was no reason other than that! If they were to fight without quirks and only swordsmanship skills, there was no question about it! Tsukasa wouldn’t stand a chance! Even though the boy knew of this, he was completely unfazed. “Yes yes, the only one worthy of being my rival is the one who is stronger than me after all. I could use a little challenge.”

Next up, the teacher would mention how they would start their day off with an activity involving exercise, Tsukasa sat there, stunned for a moment. Wait... Hold up... Last he checked, his battery had already gone flat from sprinting all the way from home to here. As of this moment, Tsukasa was as good as being quirkless! Well, at least the teacher didn't care about him being late... so he must have made it on time at the very least! The boy nodded to himself, proud of his own speed. Wait, this was no time to be fooling around! Quickly plugging in the USB from his portable charger to his neck, he could only pray that it wasn't any sort of activity to rank them in terms of their powers.

While the class would make their way to the next destination, Tsukasa would approach Kenshi, holding up his own bokken. “So you are my fated rival, huh. The name’s Tsukasa Kaminari! But you may call me by my future hero name, "Dark Samurai Slayer King". May we cross blades on the battlefield that we are currently headed to."

Last edited:
Aolani Teki
104F2676-8C57-4DD5-AD9C-04429DA798E0.jpeg
Aolani tried to listen to Hiko to the best of his ability but struggled from the increase in students and their interactions. He couldn't help but take mental snapshots of everyone’s faces as they entered and found their spot. Then seeing the teacher walk in and introduce himself he readies himself for class to start but after waiting minute lets out a sigh and turns around again to Hiko. After listening to Hiko’s response he replies “How impressive“. It was a dry response but he wasn’t too tech savvy himself so he could only imagine their abilities. Then when the question for his quirk was asked Aolani had hit a crossroads in his mind. Show them all the power he can muster from his quirk which may appear cool but it would be foolish to waste that much energy just to show off.

Lucky for him though before he could continue the teacher had decided to call them into “The Crucible” as the teacher said. He stood up to his full height and realized how large he is compared to everyone else and took off his glasses letting his bright grey eyes sparkle and flashed a bright smile towards Hiko gaining a sudden boost in excitement as he was curious to see everyone’s quirks at work. He then said in a confident tone “I’ll gladly show you if you follow“. A little too eager Aolani quickly followed the teacher but immediately got caught up in the crowd and losing his sight of Hiko the only person he really knew at this point. Though when getting to the gym his worry disappeared as even though the room looked plain he could tell it worked pretty well. He also couldn't help but let out a small laugh hearing one of his peers call himself “Dark Samurai Slayer King” as that was rather cringey but he saw how it could seem cool. Seeing one of his peers take a seat on the sideline though he decided to follow as he’s pretty sure the teacher is going to sort out the students some way.

Before he could sit down though he walked past Tsukasa and told his peer with a kind smile “
Dark Samurai simpler but better“. He then gave the kid a thumbs up before going sitting down next to Elizabeth. He planned to sit in silence waiting for others but he felt an awkward tension arise and he couldn’t shake it off. Finally folding he turns to look at the girl with glasses and cracks a warm smile saying “ I am Aolani I hope we can be good friends“ he internally cringed as even though socializing isn't something he’s afraid of he’s not really to sure how to talk to people and that doubles if they’re a woman.

NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Silent Angel Silent Angel Lulidew Lulidew

For the slightest moment, Isiah's eyes narrowed irritably at Chiyo. This wasn't going anywhere; he was sure of that now. Maybe it'd just be better to cut his losses right here. "Jesus Christ..." Isiah muttered, raising his palms in mock defeat, "Fine, Chiyo Oda, have it your way," He swiveled in his seat, facing the front. For good, this time. "But for the record, it was nice meeting you too, Chiyo," Isiah added, though his tone sounded far more sarcastic than he intended. He didn't let it register. He had to think about who to talk to next, what he needed to say, what they'd think of him, how to smile...

And about what the fuck just happened.

Even thinking of that painful exchange now made his stomach twist with self-loathing. He'd been rejected. On his first day. And by a quiet kid, for fuck's sake! How the hell was he supposed to talk to the better kids if he couldn't even get chummy with the boring ones?

Isiah's jaw clenched tight, and his eyes angrily scanned over his classmates again. They were off talking, laughing, and getting to know each other. And mocking. Mocking him, he was sure. Probably because they thought they were better. Probably because they knew they were better, too. Because they knew the right things to say. Because he couldn't compete!

He had to prove them wrong. He needed an opportunity.

Fortunately, one came. Not in the way of the class introductions he'd wanted, but something much better, Isiah realized. They were all going to take a little tour of The Crucible, where everyone would train. Where everyone would see his quirk, too. "Perfect." Isiah thought, a devilish smirk crawling onto his face. This was it. This was his chance to prove them all wrong. To show just how much better he was!

Then they'd all just have to like him! Just like how his parents said they would!

Isiah almost lept out of his seat as the rest of the class started filing out of the room. Still, he hesitated; there was still one more thing he needed to say. "Hey, Chiyo?" He said, sneaking a sidelong glance at her, "I know I've been a bit of a dick, but let's let bygones be bygones, alright?" He lifted his bag off the floor and threw it over his shoulders, "Cause I just can't wait to see your quirk."

- - - - - - - -

After a few twists and turns, Isiah arrived at the training field. Of course, it was vastly different compared to the ones in Philadelphia. Shoddily repurposed gymnasiums, handy-down dummies, dusty floor mats, and century-old bleachers - they were all terrible. Not this one, though. Now, this was a gym fitting for the best heroics school in the world!

Just more things to be thankful for.

But that could wait. He needed to ask a few questions. Just like the "Guy who looks like he wants to die." Or whatever his name was. "'Scuse me, Teach - I mean, Chikafuji-Sensei," Isiah said, sidling up to Seikatsu, "We're gonna be showing off our quirks here, right?" He feigned a cheery smile, "It'll make for a nice icebreaker, wouldn't it?"

Chiyo Oda
Interaction: The Last Curse The Last Curse Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
Chiyo.1.png

Finally the guy had seemingly learned to leave her alone and had given up trying to play smart with her. Of course she could have been a little nicer about it. She even felt a little bad at how rude she must of sounded. She wasn't a monster so even she could recognize when she was going a little too far. Putting the idea of apologizing aside she focused in on Mr. Showtime. He didn't seem at all bothered by the stream of late arrivals or how rambunctious they were being. Either his time as a hero prepared him well or he was just naturally excited about teaching. Either way he seemed like he would be a good teacher.

Immediately after silently praising the man she wished to take it back. Not only had he announced that one of the students was sitting where he sat during his time at U-A but he had said there name, and it was her. Not only would she have to show off her quirk in front of twenty other people but now she had the cursed title of sitting where there teacher had been. Would this add a new level of expectation from her teacher and peers? What kind of foreboding nonsense was this! In poorly hidden desperation she turned in her seat looking back and forth to try and find an empty one to take, but too her misfortune there were none. She was now stuck in the worst seat possible.

As the class rose from there seats and began to head to the crucible, her lovely desk neighbor decided to get one more jab in. She almost entirely fell for it to, as in a rush she stood up and slammed her hands on the table. If it wasn't for the final sense of panic setting in she would have glared him down and let Ghost deal with him. However she shakily caught herself and managed a quiet "Great" in response.
Like a prisoner marching to the gallows she followed her class mates to the crucible, making sure to keep to the rear. Even she would have found the gym to be cool if it wasn't for her current state of misery. She was aware of several other students asking the teacher questions, she was even aware of ghost rambling on in some sort of mocking tone in the background. By this point however she had tunnel vision, and the sound of her rapidly beating heart had caused those questions and ghostly rambling to be nothing but back ground noise. Mustering up enough strength Chiyo meekly raised her hand, "Umm Chikafuji-Sensei, my quirk isn't exactly easy to show off to a big group. Can I please be excused from this exercise?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back