• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: hopeful, anxious

Outfit: sumthin like this over his black tank top

Interactions: Zeke, Veronica, Lexi

Collin Rune's brow beaded with sweat as he pounded away at a white-hot slab of metal, aiming to shape it into something resembling a weapon. With one bare hand gripping the slab and the other slamming the hammer down, his entire body was engulfed in a similar white shade of flame, the very image of his figure flickering in the light. Each hammer clang resonated with Collin, releasing every pent up emotion and frustration that he kept bottled up inside.

Two words echoed profoundly in his mind; he was unsure if the voice echoing these words was his or someone else's.

YOUR fault.

With every clang, these two words followed right after, as if to counteract his releasing of emotions. And with every echo, Collin's brow furrowed, his facial expression tensed, the clanging grew louder, and the flames around him grew even brighter.

CLANG
YOUR fault.
CLANG
YOUR fault.
CLANG
"COLLIN!"

The sudden mention of his name caught him off guard, and his grip on the hammer angled ever so slightly, striking the metal slab with a hammer's edge. Too much force into a sharp edge snapped the slab of metal in half, sending sparks every which way, catching Collin in the eyes.

"AGH! Gods, DAMMIT," the son of Hephaestus cursed. Yeah, his fire immunity helped protect against any bad damage but it still stung just a bit. "Who the he-"

Collin stammered as he peered out of teary eyes, trying to focus on the other person in the forge. "Z-Zeke?"

The other male grunted in response, warranting a bewildered look on Collin's face. The older male hadn't heard a single word from Zeke and Sarah ever since he had left camp to go on the quest. He hadn't even said goodbye, which only added to the raging flame that Zeke and Sarah had for him, seeing as he decided against their request. That single grunt was the only social interaction (if you could call it that) they shared in the time since Collin returned.

"What are you doing here...?"

No reply came from the younger male.

Collin hung his head in embarrassment, unable to make eye contact. After their little disagreement, he could only muster up the courage to remove himself from the situation. Chucking the now-orange-hot metal slab into the a bucket of water to quench, he laid down his hammer and moved in the opposite direction of Zeke. Thanks to the open-air forge's lack of walls, an easy exit wasn't too hard. But unluckily for him, one phrase stopped him in his tracks.

"It's not your fault."

A moment of hesitation ensued as Collin's usual calmness was sent into panic, trying to think of his next move.

"You're doing the whole 'It's my fault' thing because the other half of your team vanished. A testament to how dangerous the quest can be but I digress. I'm sure that's not the only thing you've been blaming yourself about."

Collin's moment of hesitation was extended a bit longer, flabbergasted at how Zeke practically read him like an open book. He opened his mouth to form a reply but was quickly cut off by the younger male.

"Shut it. I'm still mad at you so for me to still be mad at you, I'm not going to listen to you. I've seen the way you weave your words with the other kiddos, I'm not going to be one of them..."

A bell sounded in the distance.

"Heh, saved by the literal bell," Zeke scoffed, "Get outta here."

Even if Collin was the older guy here, he obeyed and promptly removed himself from the area. To an outside eye, the confrontation might leave some worried, but Collin couldn't help but feel a smile on his face.

Zeke's fine... If he talked to me, then he's over it. Everything's fine.

An adventurer's pack lay outside the front door of Cabin Nine, a slight sheen of dew glistening on its nylon surface. Snatching and slinging it over his shoulder, he started off towards the pre-decided rendezvous point to meet Lexi, his team member from his previous semi-successful quest. And while he was more than elated to see her again, he was quite unsure about the other two that were going to be joining the team.

Perhaps we can get some campers that won't be a total detriment to the team... Right?

His question was quickly answered as he came upon two redheads, one with quite the annoyed look on her face and a sheepish look on the other.

Oh boy.

He waved a quick greeting towards both of them, putting out his hand towards the new redhead.

"Name's Collin Rune, Hephaestus head counselor. We're missing one more person before we set off, yes? And what might your name be?"

A hope glimmered inside the copper-headed male, that maybe, just maybe this is going to work after all.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

Markus Marethyu

Mood: in fear of the Nyzette

Outfit: this

Interactions: everyone else

Markus Marethyu hissed steadily as he wrapped gauze around his left hand. Circles of red stained through the cloth, growing a deeper crimson every second. He had been practicing all day and all night, ever since he got word that he'd be "taking place" of a fallen camper on the most recent questing team. Just the thought of battle against monsters, actual monsters, made his fists grow even hungrier for contact. But in the wee hours of this morning, Mark probably went a bit too hard on the punching bag. Especially one that he filled with bricks. Yes, bricks, because that was a good idea.

An Athenian camper had jokingly suggested Markus intensify his training regimen while they were sparring, and the blockhead took it a teensy bit too seriously. As if that was some sort of dare or attempt to egg the male on. That was probably Markus' greatest downfall; he never ever backed down from a challenge.

Hehe, challenge accepted and challenge completed.

Sure, his fists were bleeding, but the once intact punching bag filled to the brim with bricks now lay on the arena's tiled floor, sprawled out like some unconscious human being. And sure, he was sitting in the infirmary now instead of doing head counsellor duties, but to him it meant he triumphed over yet another mountain thrown his way.

"MARKUS! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" a familiar voice screamed from outside.

The son of Ares cursed, completely forgetting about the rendezvous that he only just learned about the night before. Markus scrambled off the infirmary cots, stumbling out of the infirmary with a roll of gauze trailing behind him on the floor.

"HI! YES, I AM HERE AND READY AND I HAVE DEFINITELY NOT FORGOTTEN-"

As if to silence the blabbering mess of a demigod, a travel pack slammed itself full force into Markus' sweaty face. The voice from earlier spoke once more.

"Yeah right. You and your blockhead can only hold up to a single thought at a time, so thinking about your new 'upgrade regime' and the rendezvous is next to impossible. Now get that stupid look of your face and follow me to the rendezvous point! Gods..."

The torrential onslaught of chastisements ended as the slim figure of Nyzette Mei, the Iron Fist of the Ares Cabin. Markus may be the head counselor, but every Ares camper knew Nyzette was the one really in charge. And boy, did she make him nervous.

Thank the gods, I got the below-one-minute scolding. I'd definitely be off the quest if she'd decided to scream at me for the next twenty minutes,he thought as his arms swung the travel pack onto his back and his legs moved to follow the female in front of him.

The universe loved proving him wrong, as Nyzette swerved right back around to look him dead in the eye to yell, "A punching bag with BRICKS?! OH my GODS. If you come back dead from this dumb quest, I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit."

Markus skidded to a halt, wearing a sheepish look on his face as he tousled the hair on the back of his head.

"Hehe..."
"Is 'Hehe...' all you have to say for yourself...?"

Angry tones lurked beneath that phrase as it passed through her clenched teeth,
"S-Sorry?"
"Is that a question mark I hear?"
"N-No. Sorry."

Nyzette harrumphed and turned to continue down the path, leaving Markus to heave a sigh of relief. He chuckled to himself, knowing full well this was how Nyzette showed affection to him and the rest of the cabin. It was best to just go along with it or rest getting beheaded with a dining knife.

I guess I'm making it to the rendezvous point alive! Hooray for aliveness!

His pace picked up again to catch up with Nyzette, walking next to her until the rendezvous point. Markus' light brown orbs scanned the area in front of him, taking note of the other three campers that occupied the place. He had never met the other three up till this point, only knowing them by name as Collin, Alexis, and Veronica.

"Obviously the only other dude is Collin, but who's Alexis and who's Veronica?" he muttered to himself. In response, Nyzette slapped the taller male's head before launching into reprimand mode once more.

"MARKUS! Did you not read the folder I gave you?? I even noted down their background, strengths, weaknesses and powers! I'm speechless. You probably know n-"
"EYYY- I'm gonna go now. They're most likely waiting for me. Love ya~! Send my love to the other Ares kids. Don't kill yourselves while I'm gone,"
he chirped before sliding away from Nyzette, praying to every god he knew that she doesn't drag him back to yell some more.

Hearing a rebellious grunt behind him, Markus quickened his pace, knowing full well he only had a few mere seconds to get to the group before Nyzette changes her mind about letting him off the hook. From the people in front of him, the camper that went by the name of Collin extended a hand towards one of the redheads. Seeing this as an opportunity to solidify his position in the team to avoid getting whipped by the little tyrant that stood behind him, his hand launched forward to take Collin's own.

I'm so sorry, Miss Redhead, I'm sure you're a very nice person but I live with the living reincarnation of Hitler. One wrong move and I'm dead!

"Markus. Son of big grump god also known as the war god Ares. Marethyu's the last name, but you can just call me Mark or Markus. Who might you two be? I'm sure this hotshot is Collin," he said, punching Collin's shoulder jokingly before placing both his arms around each of the redheads. "We're gonna rock the hell out of this quest. I'm sure of it!" he added, winking for good measure.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Alexis, the daughter of Athena

MOOD: annoyed
OUTFIT: click!
TAGS: Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

/*right side*/

Being the Athena kid meant a lot of things and one of them was that Lexie was enveloped by that aura of calmness. At least most of the time. Their cabin was usually one of those rather quiet ones as kids spent most of their times with their faces hidden in books or working on their own small projects. No one spoke more than necessary and no one was up anyone else’s business. Lexie was used to this kind of surroundings and while she knew other campers were not that quiet, she was still quite taken aback by the whirlpool of words thrown her way by the other redhead joining their quest.

There was no way Lexie was ready to comprehend and understand everything that Veronica let out of her mouth and she found herself staring. How is she moving her lips so fast? Is this a natural state or just some momentarily malfunction? Something about archery, Ares kids, leaders, like huh? It took a moment for silence fall upon the two girls again and Alexis was puzzled because what does one say after thins kind of rant.

“Are you always going to talk this much?” she asked all of a sudden and the other girl’s eyes went wide open. The blush covered her face and she looked down at her feet, not saying anything after that. And Lexie was incredibly relieved. What she definitely didn’t need was another person to get on her nerves the whole time away from the camp. It certainly looked, though, that it was a default state fir all Apollo campers.

Was it fair though? Probably not, considering what happened to the other two members of their little group. Izzy and Aaron were absolutely not fit to go and deal with the danger lurking in the shadows, ready to attack the world. And yet, for some reason, Chiron and Mr. D had selected them and Lexie had to deal with their annoying asses. And while what happened to them was sad, in Lexie’s eyes, it was nothing unexpected. Tell her she was not fair. Sure. But she’d also dare to tell her she was not right. There were many campers here but not all of them were fit to follow in the footsteps of great heroes. And if you asked Alexis, the girl by her side was not either.

Before the silence became even more than awkward, a person appeared in the distance, apparently walking towards them. Collin. Thank god. At least one sane person. Lexie had been wracking her mind for days who could join them, who could seem the perfect fit to the camp’s leadership. No that it would mean anything, considering who went the last time. But they could really use someone who was skillful and could wield a sword. Or a spear. Or any kind of weapon really. This was no sightseeing trip but a mission!

Offering Collin a soft welcome smile, Lexie nodded in greeting and let him get acquainted with their newest member while her eyes were scanning the surroundings for the last member. Though it really didn’t take long for him to make appearance and get right in the middle of a handshake between the other two. And just as Alexis suspected, he was…loud. Though when he introduced himself, everything became clear. Ares’s son. Peachy.

And then he made his first real mistake. His arm snaked around Lexie’s shoulders and she froze. Her eyes went wide open and she huffed with annoyance. Turning her head to the side, she had to check whether the boy really didn’t take a hint but he looked cheerful as ever. “Great. Just great. Now we have two chatterboxes.” she grumbled and shook Mark’s arm off. “Keep your hands off of me. Or don’t. If you wanna lose them.” she spoke in a grave tone. “Alexis, daughter of Athena. My mom does not like your dad. That should mean something.” She wiggled her eyebrows and adjusted her bag. “Let’s go, we’ve wasted enough time. And for the record…” she turned to Ronnie. “…he’s the leader.” Alexis motioned her head towards Collin before she started to make her way down the Half-Blood Hill, straight towards a new adventure.

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Last edited:

Ronnie, the daughter of Apollo

MOOD: all over the place
OZTFIT: click!

/*right side*/

Veronica honestly should have known better. Alexis Striker had a reputation and there were very little pleasant things said about the Athena. Then again, it was Ronnie and she was the exact type to see only the good things in people. She was a firm believer in that sunny theory that every cloud has a silver lining and she was determined to find that nice and cheerful side of the fiery girl as well. But this was their first encounter and yes, Ronnie was definitely underprepared. She simply started her endless rant even though she had no idea what she really wanted to say. And so she ended up quiet, blushing and slightly embarrassed.

Upon hearing the question whether she was about to talk everyone’s ears off, the blush spread from her ears to her cheeks and she looked down, inspecting the tips of her shoes furiously as if those were the most interesting shoes on earth. The tone in her voice, the look in her eyes, the disbelief, all of that was now dawning on the redhead as the other girl was clearly annoyed by her free-spirited nature.

One needed to understand a few things about Veronica Crane. She grew up all alone with a mother who didn’t give a damn. No friends, no social life. Not until she came to the camp. It was the first time she was around children her age and older, the first time she was able to interact with others and make friends. And it was the first time people actually listened to what she had to say. Naturally, she started to love chatting and discussing and commenting everything. Her mouth was running almost all the time and in her small group of friends, she was quite loved.

Apparently, she would need to change her ways to earn some appreciation from the grumpy Athena. Thankfully, the grim atmosphere and awkward silence did not take long as they were joined by another person Veronica recognized. Collin Rune. The handsome blacksmith every girl she knew was swooning about. Even Lexie’s facial features softened when he appeared so Ronnie assumed that maybe there was at least someone she was not put off by. Or maybe it was because they already spent some time together. Well, not spent like spent but…like they went on a quest and they…okay, Ronnie, stop, just stop.

Collin turned to her, asking for her name just after he introduced himself. His hand was right there, offering a handshake and Ronnie was about to take it and return the favor of revealing her name when a person was suddenly by her side. Other than Lexie and Collin. A person hollering their name already, grabbing Collin’s hand right before she could.

And not only that. Her shoulders were suddenly covered by an arm, a rather heavy muscular arm that only made her blush more prominent. Son of Ares made his appearance in his own fashion and made Veronica giggle instantly. Naturally, Alexis was not as pleased by a presence of another pretty boy and she had to say her piece before making her way down the hill.

Still standing there under Mark’s arm, feeling somewhat comfortable with having someone else there who was new as well, she sighed. “Don’t worry, she doesn’t like me either.” she grinned looking up at the boy. “Apparently, I talk too much. And I’m new too. I’m Veronica. Call me Ronnie. Or anything really, I don’t mind.” she smiled at the two boys. “Is she always so…umm…” Ronnie stopped talking until she found the right word. “…opinionated? Maybe we should go after her. She looks like she might chew my head off if I…yeah, let’s go.”

Catching up to the redhead in front, Ronnie kept looking around. “How do you guys travel? Also, I heard about this thing we could use. I don’t know if it’s real though, maybe it’s just a myth. But it’s called Chariot of Damnation. It’s driven by those three sisters, they don’t have eyes but…wait, haven’t you like read about it before? I would assume that with all of your books and reading, always having your nose in a scroll or a book, you totally…no? Nothing?”

Alexis turned around and looked at Ronnie with narrowed eyes. “Did you just call me a bookworm?”

All color disappeared from Ronnie’s face and she took a step back. “I…no, what I meant was that…”

Lexie shook her head, scoffed and became disinterested and Ronnie exhaled in relief. She looped her arms with Markus and chuckled. “I’m gonna stick to you from now on, okay? And maybe I might even use you as a shield. She’s intense and somebody should tell her to pull that stick from her…rear.” Ronnie whispered to Markus before speaking out loud again. “Well? What are we doing? Praying for a teleport or something?”

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: it's just a quest, collin, calm yourself.

Outfit: black tank top and headband

Interactions: Zeke, Sarah

Collin Rune stumbled back at Markus' physical contact. Sure, Collin himself was built pretty sturdily, but working at the forge normally never involved punching someone else. And while Zeke was the type to roughen up other dudes now and then, Collin got Zeke's special treatment. A small, indiscernible smirk appeared on his face, watching the new Ares kid make a big mistake. The Ares kid made himself known as Markus, flopping two muscular arms over the two redheads. While one looked quite pleased with the gesture, the other flashed quite the annoyed look indeed. And if Collin knew anything about Alexis from the last time they quested together, he knew that Markus had just poked a very angry mama bear.

After mama bear finished her roaring, two hazel eyes widened at her statement of Collin being the leader. He didn't think that he was leader material, especially with Alexis in the group as well. If anyone had to be the leader, it should be the daughter of the goddess of wisdom and strategy. But the newly-appointed leader's shoulders went slack, thankful that the whole 'Who's the leader?' discussion wasn't one packed full of arguments and chaos. "If mama bear says I'm the leader," he chuckled, hoping to further lift the team's spirits, "then I'm the leader."

Trying not to let the idea get to him, he picked up his pace and caught up with Alexis, knowing full well that any sign of pride from him will get him thrown off his high horse by mama bear. Just when he thought they'd walk on in silence, the redhead called Veronica piped up once more, insinuating the 'Athena kid = bookworm because knowledge goddess' stereotype.

Collin bit his lip hard, watching as Alexis snapped back at Veronica, hoping to the entire pantheon that he didn't let a snicker loose. His gaze lingered over Veronica as she shrunk away from Alexis before glancing at the redhead next to him.

"I'd say that you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but at this point, the wrong side of the bed is the norm for you," he gently teased. He continued walking before a thought crept into his headspace, a thought he wanted to ask her as well.

"Hey, how've you held up? Y-you know, since then," Collin was hoping that what happened on their last quest together didn't affect her. She was constantly making her disinterest and distaste known to the others, perhaps that distaste helped in disconnecting her from all the emotional effects that the failed quest was having on Collin, "It's been pretty rough on my end. Hopefully, you're doing better."
code by Stardust Galaxy

Markus Marethyu

Mood: impressed

Interactions: everyone else

“Don’t worry, she doesn’t like me either. Apparently, I talk too much. And I’m new too. I’m Veronica. Call me Ronnie. Or anything really, I don’t mind,” the redhead underneath Markus Marethyu's arm chattered. Mark flashed a grin right back, impressed by the amount of words that were rapid-fire shot at him. “Is she always so…umm…opinionated? Maybe we should go after her. She looks like she might chew my head off if I…yeah, let’s go.”

Once again, Mark was impressed by the talking machine gun, stumbling as Veronica slipped away to, hopefully, not make a fool of herself. The other three were already ahead of him, so he matched their pace, trailing along just behind them. Crossing his arms behind his back in a gentlemanly fashion, the son of Ares held back hysterical laughter as Veronica once again managed to tick off the daughter of Athena.

“I’m gonna stick to you from now on, okay? And maybe I might even use you as a shield. She’s intense and somebody should tell her to pull that stick from her…rear,” she whispered after slowing her pace, “Well? What are we doing? Praying for a teleport or something?”

Mark yelped as his arm was yanked towards the smaller girl before being looped through with her own, "I- Uh, I don't actually know." He immediately glanced at the pair walking just in front of them, intending to ask either Collin or Alexis. He hesitated, noticing how involved they seemed to be in their discussion. "I don't think that teleportation is really a possibility. I also don't think the Grey Sisters will be personally driving us to wherever we need to go. Perhaps we're setting off in a normal taxi? Don't take my word for it though, I'm known for my idiocy sometimes," he chirped, ruffling his hair bashfully.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

/*right side*/

The conversation on who the leader was never actually happened. It did not happen simply because while Alexis would be more than glad to assume that position, Chiron pointed a few things out to her even before they left to their first expedition. Apparently, Collin was better suited to do so whether it was back then with Aaron and Izzy or now when they were joined by two new people. Despite being the daughter of the Goddess of Wisdom, Alexis was apparently too hot-headed and not exactly the group leader material. You can only imagine how offended she actually was but she didn’t say anything out loud. Arguing with the elders, with the ones considered smarter than her, was very much not Athena-like. But the aftertaste of bitterness remained and when Lexie announced Collin was the leader, it flooded her mouth completely.

Turning around, she marched down the hill to reach the other bottom of it only to realize that this time, Chiron had not given them any means of transport. Her mind started to reel again, she was looking around, considering the options and even patted her pockets to find a few drachmas. The Grey Sisters might not want to help them again, or at least not after the last time because of Aaron’s antics. Lexie had always known that the boy was not cut out for real work and it showed. But back to the matter at hand…

She never really returned to it because Ronnie started to babble again and went as far as calling Alexis a bookworm. Indirectly, but the hint was there. A little exchange later, Ronnie stepped back and let Lexie deal with her thoughts. Not for long though as Collin approached her next.

"I'd say that you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but at this point, the wrong side of the bed is the norm for you," he teased her and Lexie flashed him an angry look. “At this point, you also should know I can punch you harder that you’d guess.” Lexie retorted but had to admit she was a tiny little bit closer to Collin, considering their previous adventure together.

"Hey, how've you held up? Y-you know, since then. It's been pretty rough on my end. Hopefully, you're doing better." Lexie looked at Collin’s tanned face for a second but it only took a split second and she averted her gaze, looking in the distance. “I’ve…been alright…I guess.” she mumbled but it was not exactly true. Athenas were not used to go into depth of their feelings and no one exactly asked her how she felt after their return. This was the first time anyone ever did and the redhead had no idea how to react to that. “I don’t know how I feel, honestly. I never actually had time to think about what really happened.”

The other pair joined them soon and Lexie let out one more shaky breath before her features returned to the rock-hard expression of strength. One little moment of vulnerability was enough and no one was allowed to see it. Hopefully, Collin didn’t notice either.

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

/*right side*/

One strong interaction with Alexis Striker, okay two, Ronnie decided it would be for the best if she stuck with the new guy. Lexie and Collin were already fighting side by side once and it probably brought them closer. The way Ronnie thought about it, she might have better luck scoring an alliance with Markus. For the Apollo kids, talking was their second nature. Courtesy of their dear old dad. It never occurred to any of them that sometimes, that flood of words was rather obnoxious. And when it did, it was usually too late anyway.

Something occurred to Ronnie though. Aaron, one of her brothers, went to the first quest with Lexie and Collin. He was one of those who never returned. Sure, it was sad and devastating for the whole Apollo cabin but Ronnie also knew who the dude was and he was extremely obnoxious. Maybe that was the reason why Lexie was not exactly keen on going on a quest with another Apollo kid. Her fingers wrapped around the strong arm belonging to Markus Marethyu and she let out yet another barrage of words.

Catching up to the pair in front of them, Ronnie asked about the way of transport but apparently, no one had any idea. And all Ronnie managed to do was anger Lexie once again. "I don't think that teleportation is really a possibility. I also don't think the Grey Sisters will be personally driving us to wherever we need to go. Perhaps we're setting off in a normal taxi? Don't take my word for it though, I'm known for my idiocy sometimes," Markus told her and Ronnie just swatted him playfully. “Shush, you! You’re definitely not an idiot.” the cheerful redhead looked at the boy and offered a radiant smile.

Standing under the hill for a moment, she noticed everyone seemed a little helpless as there was no means of transport for them. ‘Dammit, dad, can’t you just help out for once?’ Ronnie thought and chewed on her lower lip, deep in thoughts.

Before she managed to figure out what to say, a loud bang sounded from afar and Ronnie jumped with a yelp crawling out of her throat. “Holy lyre! What was that?” she exclaimed, using Markus like a shield. For a moment, smoke with golden hints whirled around only to reveal a family van with a grinning blonde guy at the wheel. “Hey there, kiddos!” he exclaimed gleefully and got out of the car. “You rang, right?”

“Dad!!!” Ronnie yelled and ran towards the dude, throwing herself around his neck. He squeezed her in a tight embrace and spun around for a moment. “You really came! You heard me? You heard my prayer? Because I was just totally talking to you. I knew you’d come if I asked and here you are… Guys! Guys!! Come on! Come over here! That’s my dad! He’s gonna help us!” she shouted at the rest of the group. “Wait! You are gonna help us, right?”

“Of course, I am. Why else would I give you this? Consider it your late sweet sixteen gift.” Apollo grinned widely, tapping the door of the vehicle. “So? Who is driving? You, kiddos, don’t even have to return it. Just, hey…don’t crash it, mkay? Use it for as long as you need. Look, I have to return upstairs now but you take care of yourselves. You two…” he looked at Collin and Markus. “I’m watching you, you have ladies on board, you know what I mean?” One more grin, one more ruffling of Ronnie’s hair and the God of Sun, Music and Archery and many other stuff was gone with a poof.

Ronnie was grinning and the family resemblance was never clearer. “See? He came. My dad came.” she spoke but there was nothing mean or mocking in her voice. She was simply glad it happened and that she got to see Apollo after such time. Just another proof that he really was there for her. Ronnie’s voice still had a little dreamy undertone when she spoke again. “Well? Who’s driving?”

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: anxious

Interactions: Apollo

"Well? Who's driving?"

Collin Rune uneasily glanced at the van, having never touched a steering wheel in his life. Odd as that may be, it's common for demigods to not know how to drive a vehicle. After all, he spent his entire life in camp. And even when he was out of camp on some errand or, more recently, on a quest, he would opt to go by foot or he'd hop in a taxi. The copperhead sharply inhaled, briskly shaking his head.

"I'll pass."

Collin tried to inch towards the vehicle, but the van seemed to glow with a radial light, one bright enough to seep through closed eyelids. Something about the vehicle intimidated him a bit, and he didn't like it.

"What's so... different?"

He stood there for a few seconds, trying to sense what's wrong with the car.

Wait. That's why. I can't sense what's wrong. Or to be more correct, I can't sense it at all.

All kids of Hephaestus had a sorta connection with all things mechanical, vehicles included. The locks, the window mechanisms, the pedals, the rumbling engine all made their presence known to Hephaestus kids like a guttural feeling. They could feel every part of the car in their very body, the same way you'd feel your fingers or limbs. But with Apollo's sweet sixteen gift to Ronnie, he couldn't feel anything. It was like being injected with a numbing toxin, unable to feel your hands or feet move. Quite the uncomfortable feeling indeed.

"You sure this thing's safe? Last time we heard you gave a vehicle to a camper, the fish population in our lake dipped by a few tens."

Apollo guffawed and patted Collin on the back, draping an arm as the sun god steered him towards the vehicle. "I can't guarantee anything, oh skeptical Hephy boy. Now get in!"

The newly-appointed team leader shivered as he got closer to the van. A few seconds later, Collin jumped as the booming voice of the other male sounded from behind him.

"I'm driving! I've always wanted to try!"

Collin heaved a sigh chock full of relief. Thank the gods for that. Was not about to go ask Zeke to drive for us yet again. And yes, despite Collin being the older teen between the two, Zeke had the upper hand in driving skills. "I call shotgun."

code by Stardust Galaxy

Markus Marethyu

Mood: over the moon because car

Interactions: whomever it may concern

OOOOOO CAR!

Markus Marethyu was practically screaming internally. High-pitched, very-unmanly screams akin to that of a fangirling lass resonated within him (Exaggeration of course.) and he knew better than to let everyone hear it.

IT'S A FREAKING CAR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The son of Ares never left camp on any errand whatsoever (mostly because campers were too scared to relay assignments to him). He was always holed up in the gladiator's arena or the climbing wall, pushing himself and everyone around him to the limits. Fellow campers, when asked how Markus was as a person, would describe him as intense and focused.

Those who were under his leadership would describe him as cold and commanding, yet inspiring and loyal. Basically, he was the balance between a disconnected boss and a connected leader.

But one thing they didn't know was that Markus was a kid when it came to cars. He had no clue why, he wasn't a toy car kid when he was younger, he never hung around vehicles of any sort. Maybe it was because his father was infamous for owning dope vehicles like his motorcycles. He didn't know. He didn't know jack-crap about cars, but damn, all he knew was that they were AWESOME.

The towering male trudged over as calmly as he could to the driver's side, dead set on driving this tin can. But just as his hand reached for the door handle, he faltered, inner fangirl replaced by a bit of gentleman's flair.

The driver always does this, right?

Before opening the driver's door, he went ahead and opened up the door behind his. Markus propped himself up on the top of the door, gesturing to any person that approached to get inside.

"After you," he murmured.

code by Stardust Galaxy

/*right side*/

The conversation on who the leader was never actually happened. It did not happen simply because while Alexis would be more than glad to assume that position,
One moment they were talking about feelings with Collin and it seemed that even the snow queen Alexis was going to melt and the next one, there was Apollo and a whole lot of screaming. Lexi was not extremely fond of the Olympians, considering they never even cared about their own children, but if she had to rate them, Apollo was definitely somewhere at the tail of the chart. He was too frivolous, too free-spirited, too unpredictable and so damn fucking loud. Everything Alexis despised in her life. It was enough that the klutz of his daughter was going with them and that Lexi had to babysit yet another Apollo kid. Now she had to deal with the sun daddy himself. Joy!

And look at him, he came bearing gifts! Alexis did not trust that contraption known as a car. She herself didn’t have a license and when the question arose who was going to drive, she was definitely not volunteering. It seemed there was no one brave enough but in the end, the loud Ares boy offered himself as a tribute and Alexis groaned inwardly. This whole trip was becoming more and more painful. As if no one else saw this was not a road trip across the States. There was a girl lying in the medical wing in coma and two of their co-campers were missing. And here these two were, yelling and yapping like kids in an amusement park.

After Collin called shotgun, Lexi climbed to the back and claimed the very back seat all to herself. Ronnie grabbed the one right behind the driver and the whole van was filled. “Knock yourselves out, kiddos! Be good!” Apollo shot them a wink and Lexie just rolled her eyes.

“Let’s just go.” she asked Markus and Apollo slammed the door shut. Lexie leaned against the window and kicked her booted legs up on the seat. She appreciated the solitude but now, she felt alone in a crowded room. Her thoughts were dark and she knew there were way too many things dependent on this quest. They couldn’t fail. That simply was not an option. And yet, there was this dark dawning feeling in her heart that she had already failed Izzy and Aaron. Sure, they both were annoying. But she was supposed to protect them. While not a leader here, she still felt responsible and the heavy load fell upon her shoulders. Lexi held her head in her hands and propped her elbows on her knees, trying to drown the voices in her head whispering only one thing. “It’s your fault.”

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

/*right side*/

Seeing her father was like a dream come true. Ronnie was that eternal optimist and believed that Apollo was there for her every single time she needed. Why else would he come now anyway? They needed help and BAM, here he was, offering a helping hand. Ronnie was incredibly proud and it was just that ego boost she needed to regain that shred of confidence she had. It was her father who helped her to get back on track and consider herself useful for this quest after all. Collin was known for being a natural leader, Alexis and Markus were amazing fighters but how about her? Poor old Ronnie? What could she offer? Suddenly, she didn’t feel so redundant, considering it was thanks to her dad that they now had a means of transport.

Despite her father conjuring the car though, Ronnie was not brave enough to sit behind the wheel and was glad to let someone else do so. After all, they had to be more experienced in this than a girl who never left the camp before. Thankfully, the volunteer had been found in Markus who seemed only too eager to take the wheel and Ronie giggled over witnessing that childish joy. “Thank you, dad. You saved us.” she chimed and went to wrap her arms around the god tightly. Apollo’s eyes went a tad softer and he returned the hug to one of his favorite kids. He still remembered the day he took her away from her mother, saving not only her life but also her future.

Before getting in, Markus opened the door for the others in a very gentlemanly way. Ronnie waited for Lexie to get it and then moved there herself. “Thank you, good sir.” she grinned and pressed her hazel brown eyes into the boy, holding his gaze for a bit too long until a strong blush covered her cheeks and she disappeared inside the car. Lexie claimed the very back seat of the van and so Ronnie took the middle row and soon after they all were in their seats, Apollo took his leave.

The car moved and Ronnie leaned back in her seat, drumming on her thighs impatiently. It was too damn quiet and so she almost dove to the front right between the heads of two boys. “Is there any music?” she asked in her usual chirpy fashion and reached for the radio buttons. “Come on, you guys are too quiet, give me something.” she laughed and groaned softly as she tried to read the radio. However, her limbs were too short. Not that it stopped her from trying. “Lexie, help me out here!” she tried and looked over her shoulder at the girl in the very back. To her surprise, Lexie looked like she was about to cry or be sick. The excitement in Ronnie’s eyes faded and her first instinct was to go and hug the redhead. Though she had already learned that the other girl was maybe not that fond of her. “Is she alright?” she asked softly, motioning her head toward the other girl.

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: concerned

Interactions: Lexi, Markus

Collin Rune slid into the front seat after everyone else got in, minding the short yet zealous arms stretching their way to the front. In no way a music geek, the bronzehead swiftly got out of Ronnie’s way, leaving her to bicker with anyone else for the role of DJ. He was just about to retrieve a book to block out the noises of the already bustling car when Ronnie’s little concern threw his focus off completely.

His head whiplashed around to check on the other gal, concern plastered all over his face. And to confirm his worries, a mumbling ball of worry was in the furthest seat away. He tried to meet her eyes, but after a few unsuccessful moments, he reluctantly backed off.

I think it’d be better to let her be. Even if I got her to talk to me, she wouldn’t say much with both these guys within whisper’s distance. That being said...

“Hang in there, yeah?” he whispered under his breath, “We’ll get there before you know it.”

He swiveled back around in his seat to face the front, catching a sideward glance from Markus.

Noticing the slight tug of a smirk on the driver’s face, Collin’s eyebrows arched in inquiry, only to get waved off. Markus had turned his attention towards the radio, which seemed to have been... ah whatever.

It didn’t involve him, so he returned to his former business. Books were... unusual for his godly parenthood. Being a Hephaestus kid, you’d expect him to have like, a hammer or whatever, in his hand at all times. Least of all things, a book.

He couldn’t help it though! The creative arts enticed him to no end, ironic given its the wrong creative art. Not only were written creative arts catching has fancies, so were theatrical arts and film creative arts. The perfect mix for an Athena kid. Again, ironic.

Sometimes I wonder if the wrong symbol appeared above my head that fateful day.

Don’t get him wrong, he loves forging. He’d rather disappear into the depths of Tartarus if he couldn’t forge. But... his favorite books and movies aren’t exactly something he could do without either. A strange, guttural feeling made itself at home in his stomach. He wouldn’t be able to choose, if he was asked to give up one.

Does that make me less of a Hephaestus kid...?

code by Stardust Galaxy

Markus Marethyu

Mood: amused

Interactions: Collin, Ronnie

Markus Marethyu tipped an imaginary cap with a nod, a gentlemanly grin spreading across his countenance. He averted his gaze after holding Ronnie’s for a bit too long, pretending not to notice the momentary flush of pink that appeared on her cheeks.

Right after checking if everyone was inside, the son of Ares giddily slid into the driver’s seat, enthralled by the numerous buttons and levers scattered across the dashboard and floor. The lad in heaven forced his eyes to stop bouncing around the car, instead locking on a singular thing.

Is that- is that the key...?

Indeed, it was. He’d always wanted to feel the rumble of a car engine coming to life with a flick of his fingers. And here, he had the chance to cross something off his bucket list.

Anticipation built as the world around him seemed to slow to a crawl. His hand gravitated to the key as if it was being magnetically pulled towards it. Shivers were sent as waves through his arm when his fingers grasped the hard plastic. He felt like he had just snuffed an entire bag and a half of marshmallows, when even just a few mallows were enough to get him pumped up on sugar.

And oh boy did revving up the engine spur his own heart into motion. Adrenaline pumped through his veins akin to gas through an engine, sending jitters throughout his body and the vehicle alike. “Allonsy!” he chirped as he eased the van into motion, giddy as could be.

Not alone in giddiness, the redhead in the middle row was already reaching forward for the radio dials. Flimsy arms slithered around in a quest for music, a quest Markus was happy to concede to. He was never a musically-enabled person nor was he a music enjoyer, but he didn’t mind car tunes.

“This is a vehicle conjured from the powers of the god of music himself. There has gotta be some form of jammables around here...” his voice trailed off as his attention was brought to the lass in the back of the van. He furrowed his brow, not in concern, but in mockery. What’s her problem? Quest barely started. Heh, so much for Miss Iron Skin.

“Best leave her alone lest you want your head bitten off for caring,” he snickered under his breath, his gaze dashing back and forth between the road and Ronnie in the rearview mirror.

Turning his sights to Collin, Markus couldn’t help but notice the 180 strain of the son of Hephaestus’ neck. The bare sight of concern on Collin’s face clashed with Markus’ own feeling of disdain for the Athena kid. Obviously, he didn’t voice his opinion. It’s only been a few hours since the team banded together after all. Wouldn’t wanna break it so soon.

Miss Short Fuse.

More horrid nicknames popped into Markus’ head, each amusing him greatly. He fought any sign of amusement that may have infected his face, but if any got through he didn’t know. He glanced over at Collin again, this time making eye contact. And when the other male raised his eyebrow, all Markus could muster together was a quick wave of the hand.

His attention turned to the radio, uneasy at the ironically cold gaze of the pyrokinetic to his right. Maybe this radio could get the earwig out of Athena lass’ ass into where it belongs.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back