• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Darkness rising - interest check (adventure type of RP)

Retro Dreamer

Hey fellow RP enthusiasts!

* Sorry for not using a pretty code :3

Well, this is an idea I would like to RP with a small-ish group of players. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, ask below or once the OOC is up and running you can ask your questions there.

* Also I am looking for a co-GM in case you are interested to be one.

bd4191f0559489a5ef31f7da5731a2f5.png

Life was always normal, people in our world lived relatively at peace and there was never a sight nor sign of supernatural or other existences, not real ones anyway.

Your lives involved the usual, going to school, getting jobs and it was expected of you to follow the norm.

Someday you would be like everyone else, have a normal life with a family and goals you would work towards to make the mundane monotone boredom worth it.

But then reality changed.

In the blink of an eye, like someone flipping a switch you stood in a different world.

A place where time doesn’t actually flow like in ours, where it seems like it is stuck in the past, and most of all?

A place where you will most likely never be at peace again as an ancient dark force is on the rise.

f073bb5d9f2475db9780a5cabec56412.png

So to clarify the plot:
Our characters suddenly find themselves in a different reality/world. A world where ghosts, evil/demonic spirits are a constant danger to humans (Think of the setting as being like in one of the anime series taking place in a different time period/in the past with an added 'supernatural' element).

Shamans, mediums and others with one foot in the spirit world fight to protect themselves as well as ordinary people as they travel the lands.

You (well your character) woke up in this new world with the potential to become one of those that fight the spirits, but the change isn’t easy for everyone and some might get lost or 'break' as they have to face their new reality.

The RP will be about the group trying to accept this new reality, fight to survive attacks from various spirits and get to know their new home.

As they are just about to accept what happened to them and get used to fighting spirits a darkness starts to rise, an ancient enemy bent on destruction, corruption and chaos.

Since our characters came to think of the strange world as their new home they take it upon themselves to fight the rising darkness.

0030d9a9a4ac506938917a2a5ee1037d.png

1. Posting twice a week should be possible for all those who express interest, there can be exceptions of course since its the time of year where school life and jobs can be really busy but in that case, at least pop into the OOC so we know you are still active.
  2. I will have a selection process for both players as well as their characters in an attempt to prevent the RP from dying too quickly. (its nothing too strict or scary, I promise.) so this is not first come first serve.
  3. I will accept a maximum of six (and minimum of four) main characters (including mine) so the spots are limited. Each person applying to the group can introduce more than one character but unless there will be too little interest in this only one of said players characters will be accepted (or the rest can be supporting or minor characters). Also, you can add your own NPCs or minor characters if needed, just let me know so I can add them to the list (which will be on the lore thread).
  4. The interest check will be open until the main spots are filled.
  5. I can (and probably will) ask for a short writing sample to be added to your CS, its part of the selection process mentioned earlier. The same goes for me, if you want to see my writing let me know in the OOC and I will add a writing sample into my CS as well.
  6. Co-GM's are very welcome so if anyone is interested please contact me.

67b04ad27f40fc5dd206fdaef2dd143f.png

Here I will later add Links and the taken spots.

Lore link: Fantasy - Darkness rising Lore
OOC link: Fantasy - Darkness Rising OOC
CS link: Fantasy - Darkness Rising CS
IC link:

(this is just to keep up with how many characters are accepted, there is no particular order or rank or anything)
Player 1 - taken by me
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for the interest guys! I will make the needed threads today (CS and OOC) so I will tag you when they are up (:

Is this still open?
I am still in the process of accepting applications and hadn't started the selection process yet so I will let people post characters for another two days (or more if anyone who expressed interest needs more time) and then start deciding who is accepted so yes you can post a character or characters (:

Sorry for any possible typos, I am at work and in a hurry. I will correct the mistakes once I get home.

Last edited:
Guys I would like to start this RP this weekend so it would be great if those of you who didn't finish your CS would do that soon (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back