• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Darkest Before Dawn (Exalted 3rd Edition Novice Game)

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
I've seen folks mentioning they reaaaaaally wanna try the new Exalted 3rd Edition but have never done dice, much less Exalted.

This game is for you.

Exalted in a nutshell:

'

Exalted is a game where one of your main antagonists is Death, Creator of the Underworld. Except there's several of him, probably six or seven. Oh, and he's got 13 dread henchmen, one of whom was probably you at some point in time. Also, Hell has a personal grudge against you this time.

Magical Rome/Persia/China regularly trains and sends ninja-monks out for you personally. Ninjas specially trained in asskicking. And if that doesn't work, they keep giant color-coded gundams and suits of power armor as backups.

The Transformers have united under Unicron (who has robo-AIDS), and are invading because they have a shortage of souls.

The Jedi Council has corrupted Heaven and usurped your rightful place as the Masters of Everything - but nobody can remember them. The only reason they haven't hunted you down is that they're too busy trying to keep reality from imploding.

Your ex-wife dropped by; she's a two thousand year old shapechanging man-eating monster, interested in maybe going on a date next Thursday for dinner, followed by breeding a new race capable of rewriting the biosphere.

Your best friend from growing up -and your last life- now seeks to cover all the lands of Middle Earth in darkness, if he can just find this damn ring.

Your god has the world's biggest crack habit, and needs some serious rehab.

And yet, in theory, you think you can fix everything!

Welcome to Creation, kid! Hope you've got enough Essence!

Have Fun.'

Serious short description: Exalted is a game of epic fantasy, set in an ancient, dying world of magic and mystery. You are heroes, chosen by the reincarnated souls of weapons of the gods used in an ancient war to defeat the very architects of the world.

It draws much inspiration off of much ancient mythology of many cultures, from vikings to aztecs, from ancient China to Roman legionnaires, from India to native American cultures, in a world where dinosaurs and mammoths still walk, where lesser gods demand worship from villagers lest their crops fail and their rivers flood, where demons, undead, and worse things lurk in the night, and the average mortal fears the day the sun doesn't rise again.

You are that sun.

REQUIREMENTS:

-Minimal experience in Exalted, and dice RP as a whole. I know a ton of you on here already, but I want to get new people involved!!

-Able to post once every 2 days or so, and also forgive me for occasional (announced) absences (college life, yo)

-Access to the 3rd Edition Rules, or the time to communicate with me to build characters. As per RPNation Rules, I will NOT be sharing the pdf on this site, but, I am willing to post paraphrased bits, rules answers, and the likes, and, more importantly, walk you through character building.

-A mature outlook on life. While it will fall under the rules of the site, Exalted is a game that features themes such as sex, drugs, slavery, violence, rampant sexism/racism in certain locales, language, anti-religious (although no actual religions, however much they may be based on real world) and dark occult themes. My game personally will be PG-13, occasionally pushing towards the R boundaries, but, if that offends ya, you've been fairly warned.

Any questions/comments can be asked below. Don't worry about character concepts yet, although I would like to know the kind of characters you prefer playing.

Confirmed Players:

1: @NovaPheonix

2: @Meredith

3: @kirisuto12804

4: @Becauseroleplay

5: @Amerikia1126

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be interested in playing, I typically like to play roguish or magical characters, but I'm not sure how that fits into Exalted at all...lemme know if that works.

NovaPheonix said:
I might be interested in playing, I typically like to play roguish or magical characters, but I'm not sure how that fits into Exalted at all...lemme know if that works.
While there aren't classes, persay, there are Castes, which determine a portion of what you're good at (you can still expand though, if you wanna be a warrior mage, or a ninja in heavy armor, or any combination)

Yeah, I just don't know anything about the different Castes because I'm new to the game. I understand Solars in general, but not the castes yet.

Castes, in general, are simply archetypes that tend to be good at certain things. In absolute simplified terms:

Dawn- Warriors

Zenith - Leaders

Twilight - Mages/Healers

Night - Stealth-type

Eclipse - Diplomats

NightCasterZ said:
Could I play the part of Death perhaps?
Death is a newb in Exalted. Nah, all characters will be Solar Exalts, heroic mortals blessed with reincarnated powers of the gods.

JayTee said:
I'm guessing I'm not allowed in? (:'()
I might recruit you and other more advanced players to assist me in running it/NPC roles, if they so desire. After all, it's a brand spanking new system, and a second set of eyes wouldn't hurt.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]I might recruit you and other more advanced players to assist me in running it/NPC roles, if they so desire. After all, it's a brand spanking new system, and a second set of eyes wouldn't hurt.

[/QUOTE]
That's fair, haha.

I'd be interested in joining this - i have a little experience in dice rp but none in Exalted.

I generally like to play roguish or evil characters but I will play just about any role or character type.

Becauseroleplay said:
I'd be interested in joining this - i have a little experience in dice rp but none in Exalted.
I generally like to play roguish or evil characters but I will play just about any role or character type.
I do suggest against evil or even lone-wolf type characters for this, as the plotline I have in mind is to encourage a circle of five Solars in an epic world-saving destiny. Might not mix well. But, if you're willing to branch out, by all means, you're welcome to join!

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]I do suggest against evil or even lone-wolf type characters for this, as the plotline I have in mind is to encourage a circle of five Solars in an epic world-saving destiny. Might not mix well. But, if you're willing to branch out, by all means, you're welcome to join!

[/QUOTE]
I don't mind that - I've played lots of different types of characters before and quite a lot of the time the best ones weren't the ones that were straight-out evil and lone-wolf types tend to just get ignored in many rps. I'd be fine to play a different character and the plotline sounds cool as well.

I won't lie. While I have the Exalted Books.. and have played before?

I've never been in a game that went for very long, and I've always wanted to.

I don't suppose you have a tad bit of room for me, despite not strictly being a newbie? I'm sort of that one guy whose read the books, knows the rules, has even made a few characters- but has never made it past a third session. Y'know?

SephirothSage said:
I won't lie. While I have the Exalted Books.. and have played before?
I've never been in a game that went for very long, and I've always wanted to.

I don't suppose you have a tad bit of room for me, despite not strictly being a newbie? I'm sort of that one guy whose read the books, knows the rules, has even made a few characters- but has never made it past a third session. Y'know?
I'm gonna give novices first dibs. For you and JayTee...if there's open spots after recruitment, I'll see about lettin ya guys in. Otherwise, cameoing villains and the like could be useful.

I should play. I want to play. But NaNoWriMo, and the fact I still haven't gotten that sheet in for you...

...I'll attempt this.

I'm actually pretty interested in this still. So just give me some instructions and I'll do whatever needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back