• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dark World reboot RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hector "Crow Storm" Mendez
Hector grumbled as the sounds of gunshots filled the valley while he approached Fashionista. "Fashionista, I know that I said a majority of their fighters were gone, but letting the men go hog wild with guns is likely to bring them back." He sighed as the swarm of birds that had scattered returned to his side. "Albeit, I'm not one to question your enthusiasm." He chuckled while watching the three people at the doorway handle the situation. "Right now might be the best time to take out the ones that are here. It'll make it so that the return of the others will mean very little." He smirked while watching the fight from above. The crows circling above and the few that flew into the building giving him an idea. "Currently there are five here. Two of them are useless though. One's currently letting loose with her power without control and there's a girl preoccupied with her." Hector blinked before looking at the field. "That means it's just these three to deal with and those that come back from elsewhere." Stepping away from her, Hector called over his shoulder. "Have fun with them, I'm going to stop the other interlopers."

Walking without much haste, Hector approached three individuals, a small woman with snow white hair, a man that looked to be one foot in the grave and a woman wielding a sword. The latter two weren't expected, but they shouldn't be too much of a problem. "I see that you three are heading towards our home." He smirked as his murder appeared around him, the couple dozen birds circling above them all like vultures. "The name's crow storm and I'm afraid that I can't let you get back there just yet." As he stood there he felt a wind billow his coat while his shadow seemed nowhere to be found.

Ryuji Nakamoto
Ryuji was lost in thought over all he'd seen while he was poisoned. His past that had been filled with lies, the promise that he made to Hifumi. It was all a series of complications that left him baffled. However, the sound of gunshots hit his ears and he was off. Nightshade had gone missing, Snowflake wasn't there which only left Vira and Jackson to really fight. Meanwhile Lilac was laying in bed in a coma-like state. This was not the time for philosophical thinking. He just needed to lose himself in the fox. Slipping on his mask he felt that usual blood rush feeling. However, this time it didn't feel cold and distant. It felt like a nostalgic warmth. Like a long lost friend embracing him. It felt weird, it felt comfortable, but it felt exhilarating. As he burst out of the forest he dashed straight into the mix of bodies. With his eyes he'd barely managed to identify Jackson and the wild rose alongside a newcomer. It didn't matter, killing the goons trying to storm the place was his mission. A few needles flew from his hands, taking down a few men that were trying to get by, but now they were fighting on multiple fronts. Splitting the focus of the mob was the first thing that needed to be done.

Scarlett O'Hare
Scarlett heard the gunshots and turned to move, but her body ached. She'd been practicing for an hour and every muscle screamed when she tried to move. Despite her best efforts the water logged girl sat there staring off into the woods, hoping that everyone would be okay. She didn't want to lose her family, not a second time.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Drook Drook

Last edited:
Patrick's snorted at thirds comments as he re-secured his pack, you guys are obsessed with an ideal, people recognize that on some subconscious level, and the only thing in this world that you can't kill is an ideal, it scares them, he replied in his normal rumble.

The big man turned his attention back to Snow as the young woman spouted a really astounding number of questions in quick succession. He raised his hand again in the same placating gesture and said, I'm fine Snow the guy who did it is dead, it'll heal by nightfall. Honestly I show up out of nowhere, a week after disappearing, with someone I've told you is highly dangerous, and your first question is how I got hurt? He fell silent after that, noting with approval, that she had gotten better at wrapping her injuries, Sera must have shown her how. He nodded slightly when she invited them to walk back with her, it was probably better that he show up with a familiar face, to prevent any misunderstandings.

Before he picked up his pack again he paused and coughed a little awkwardly, Snow, he said very quietly, how's Scarlett been doing?

Just then the sound of distant gunfire erupted from the direction of the building. Patrick's head snapped up, instantly scanning they're surroundings for anything that might even be considered a threat. Almost as instantly his eyes found a young man approaching them a leisurely pace.

The kid was a threat, a big one, Mr.O knew that immediately. But he was in the way, the others were probably on danger, Scarlett might be in danger! Almost before the kid stopped talking Mr.O's right hand blurred and an old us army service pistol appeared in it, I don't care the soldier said, calmly sighting in on the kids center mass and pulling the trigger.

littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Last edited:
Upon her response for her sudden realization that he indeed was asking for supplies he had simply sighed under his breath. Growing a bit impatient with each passing second. He could understand that she had been drinking as he himself was a heavy drinker once upon a time, but he had no time for such games. He was about to respond before the woman quickly moved as a knife flew past her cutting through the air with such speed and precision. He was about to touch his belt buckle to activate his ability but was tackled to the ground. Irritated but remaining calm he turned his head to see a group of people approaching them. A small girl followed by a large number of men. With how many comics he had read in the past it was clear who the leader of them was, and how it bothered him to be fighting what seemed like a mere child. Before he was even able to respond the intoxicated woman had quickly shoved him once more from the incoming attackers which had pushed him to his limits of patience. “That does it” He said annoyingly as he watched the woman rush into the house leaving him with the rest of the gang members by his lonesome. A man with a large knife came at him at incredible speeds attempting to slash at him. Quickly touching his belt buckle his body began to morph turning him into solid brass. The color of his skin matched the color of his buckle which had a beautiful glow as the light from the scorching sun beat down on him. He brought up his forearm to block the deadly knife as a loud “clank” could be heard from the clashing metals. A devilish smile overtook Henry’s face as he quickly grabbed hold of man’s shirt bringing him down but also launching his head forward clashing with the man’s nose. It was clear that he broke it as blood splattered over Henry’s face. The man fell back as he began to yell in agony holding his hands over his broken nose. A look of joy and the sound of childish laughter erupted from Henry’s lungs. His eyes were filled with excitement and his stance was full of openings due to his pride and their lack of ability to hurt him. He felt alive. Picking the blade from the ground he tightly squeezed in his hands as his body morphed once more into that of carbon steel. Becoming that of a beautiful silver color. “This should be somewhat entertaining. Though hurting the weak has never brought me great joy” he said purposely provoking them. Motioning his hand for them to come at him.

The men seemed to have taken heavy offense to his words. They seemed almost as prideful as he was. They charged him with their weapons firmly grasped within their hands. One had swung a crowbar at him but he managed to back away before getting hit. It’s not like he needed to dodge, but it was good practice for when he comes up against an enemy that he will need to dodge in future fights. He could clearly here fighting coming from within the house letting him know that the woman and her allies were at least holding their own. He shook his head to shake himself from worrying about them. They could take care of themselves and he needed to get back to his family alive. A couple of men pulled out guns which caused him to quickly react by grabbing the man that attempted to hit him with the crowbar. As they began firing he pulled the man in front of him using the man as a human shield and began charging towards their direction. Once he got close the man had already been filled with holes as he tossed him aside a landed a heavy blow against a gunman’s temple knocking him unconscious. He was trying to leave as many as alive for him to interrogate later. Would make no sense just to kill all these sinners without getting much out of them. Another gunman shot and managed to shoot his shoulder but thankfully it didn’t hurt too much. Grabbing the man who shot him by his arm he used him as personal weapon as he slammed him into the other gunman with incredible power and knocked them out. He joyful smile and constant laughter eventually turned to that of a calm and more sincere look. It seemed as if the guys that assaulted him were finally backing off and his attention came back to the young girl that stood before him earlier. He used it shirt to wipe the blood from his face from breaking the earlier man’s nose as he attempted to reason with them. “You know what your doing is wrong right? Hurting people is never the answer especially for a kid” he said not knowing her actual age. He seemed a bit hypocritical especially with number of unconscious bodies laying down at his feet along with broken nosed man still screaming in pain, but setting the example for children was his duty. “I’d advise you to turn around and rethink your decision for joining The Ones gang. Especially since it looks like that woman’s allies are a little too much for your gang” he said with sincerity shooting a thumb towards the location of where the previous woman had ran off too. “It doesn’t have to be like this” he said with sincerity in his voice. He wasn’t sure what her history was, but a kid such as her didn’t need to be in a group full of hooligans such as these. Though the irony was that he simply didn’t know her age and simply assumed she was a kid.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Lucca Malkovich
Large Town - Firearms Shop​

Working at a bar can be rather profitable, provided that one has a rather faded presence and has no qualms stealing from gang members that strolled in. No one noticed, no one ever noticed, it was all too easy, so much so that Lucca wondered why he had worked as a bounty hunter all these time when he could have made a brilliant thief. Well, one would suppose that he still wishes to be a upstanding citizen like his parents raised him to be, otherwise, nothing is quite stopping him from just strolling up the cash register and gram everything inside.

After saving up enough, Lucca hopped to the next town which was about a two hours walk away and went straight to the nearest gun shop he could find. The bell hanging above the door rang as Lucca enters, catching the attention of the shopkeeper who would have otherwise not notice his presence.

"Looking for something, sheriff?"

"Do I look like I come with a badge? Well, I do have this though."

Lucca placed his League ID on the counter.

"Any discounts for a League Hunter?"

"Yeah, for Hunters and bartenders, them no good trouble making Abnorms be always bad for business."

"i could imagine. Actually, I've seen it first hand, an entire front half of the bar was just torn apart."

"And word is Svitch was flattened in a single night. That's close by, too close for my comfort."

Lucca remembered Svitch, he was there. What a nightmare that was, what a nightmare it was even before that. he was captured by the Abnorms he was tracking, got paralyzed and had all sorts of abuse thrown his way, mostly verbal, a bit of physical, and then just when he though it was all over, he had to watch a whole town get flattened. It was terrible, and he was supposed to be used to dealing with Abnorms, think of how an ordinary citizen would have felt.

"At any rate, lets talk guns. Any recommendations?"

"Recommendations!? What are you, a novice!?"

"Nah! I was rocking a revolver before and it was working rather well up to the point I lost it. And nowadays, I looking for something with a bit more punch."

"Give me a moment."

The shopkeep went to the back and soon came back out with the most handsomest piece Lucca had ever laid his eyes on, and he was charmed immediately. He was fond of his revolver, but have it was taken and now belongs to another, he didn't think he'd fall for another so soon, and at first sight no less.

"Winchester Model 1912, this one's rather old, been through World War I or so I was told, but it's holding together pretty well despite it's age. it can hold six shots at a time and comes with an M1917 bayonet."

Sparkles were in Lucca's eyes and all over the shotgun complete with the so called "long sword bayonet", he was almost drooling as he gazed at it and there was a slight pain in his throbbing chest.

"How much?" Lucca asked as he reigns in his senses.

"Well, it's practically an antique, so..."

SHIIIIIIT! Lucca could never afford the price, not with his meager salary from the bar and not even from the profits of his thievery. What short lived passion, it ended before it even began.

"But a gun's no use if it ain't firin', so for you, I got a special price."

Lucca regained light in his eyes. Could there still be hope? Could there be a future where the two ends up together?

"But why?" he had to asked, unless of course the gun's actually falling apart, which does not seem to be the case.

"It's the look in your eyes, boy. Most League Hunters I've seen are fanatics, crazy bastards with no conscience, made even me sorry for the Abnorms, well, some Abnorms, eh. But you, I think you're still thinkin' clearly. Guns are usually all for murder, but not this one, this one can do more than that. Used the right way, it can keep the peace, don't you think, sheriff?"

And so, the sale was made, the shotgun fits comfortably in Lucca's hand as if they were made for one another.

"You'll want ammo too of course, I've got the usual shells, and then some specialty rounds, they come separately of course, I still run a business you know, but I'll get you an ammo belt on the house."

And so Lucca paid for the ammo as well, the regular shotgun shells, the specialty gas shells, and the non-lethal rubber slugs, he had used up almost all of his cash at this point but he was satisfied. He felt like a boy again, reminded the first time he signed up for the League and then got his hands on his revolver. He's still not sure if that was a complete mistake or not, but his ideals remained the same, what he wanted had not changed.

With renewed determination, Lucca strode out of the store, headed to another store and bought a first aid medical kit with the last of his money, and then he rushed back to base.

The Wardens

The Third Warden
The conversations about ideas seem to remind The Third of her bare existence, after all she was but the projection of an idea. She nodded, however, not to comment or confirm his words.

But then, something in the air changed - she could feel the change. As if she became suddenly the prey and every hair on her head raised up. Her instincts demanded she raised up her sword to the unknown enemy. But until the gunshots manifested in the air, she did not act. Only to turn to the hunter that came to this very building. She then thought, "A Threat, brothers." and so the rest of The Wardens began to communicate with her through their mind. "Third- remember. We are to protect Patrick's allies." "I can execute your foes, allow me..." "No. We need to offer a different face to our ideals." The Second and the First began to discuss how to treat this enemy and how many of them would be needed to bring him down. At the very end, she reassured them, "This is my test. Send no one." and with those last words she pulled out her sword and back up towards Snow.

She prepared a defensive stance although if the man had a ranged weapon, little would Third be able to do, except to become a human-shield. "Stay behind me." she said quickly, hoping she would obey.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

The Second Warden & The Fifth
An elder version of The Warden seem to be closing its eyes to the horizon, speaking with the Third with silent words as the background sound seem to slowly creep within his mind. The noise of wooden sticks hitting each other, moving quicker and quicker by each passing second until a boy made a mistake and the silenced ruled, beside the constant breathless state of one of them.

The Second turned around, not worried for the Third or so he pretended to be. Keiji and The Fifth were training with two wooden sticks in each hand, combat training; or so they were until the twelve years old child got disarmed by the Fifth. "Keep your balance, Initiate." The Second responded, raising his off-hand as to do some hand-gestures to catch his attention, "The only reason you lost this battle is because your lack of persistence." The Fifth brought the sticks up for the kid to take them once more and before he could say anything about his powers to be more reliable than the wooden sticks, The Second added, "Your powers will allow you to overcome a disoriented enemy - but a well-aware opponent will defeat you before you can make butterfly." then The Second signed to The Fifth, "Again."

The training continued, showing the child not only how to fight with wooden sticks but the wield a bow and arrow, to be accurate and resilient. To stand in one single foot and keep his balance and control his breathing. The Wardens meant to make of the child a survivable. Every tool on his hands to better prepare himself in combat and more...

But the child was not completely mad about his training, for he heard from time to time, at every night among the campfire the words of The Second... sometimes a philosophy lesson, sometimes a song that warmed more than the flame. He had food that The Fifth hunts, he had shelter constructed once by The First - he had people to protect him and teach him. He was, if anything, content. "Remember, an ideal can be dangerous. But it is the only thing that actually makes you strong. Not the sword, not the gun or the armor above your skin... only this." and he pats slowly his chest.

Snow
Interacts with: ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
large+(1).gif

Snow looked at Patrick as he asked about Scarlett, turning to him to answer before she saw his head snap up. Snow heard the gunfire and screaming but responded a little late, her reflexes not as sharp as Patrick’s. She turned around, looking in the direction of the house, a desperateness filling her heart… oh god, her friends. Was that them screaming? She needed to get back to them.

But then she finally took notice of the man in front of them. Her blood sung loudly, her thorns protruding fully on her arms and legs. It sensed great dark power and demanded a blood bond. Snow refused. She whimpered softly when he called the base their home… he was with The One gang. That meant it wasn’t just his power which was threatening. Snow knew what the gang did to people. How it had destroyed the town of Svitch slowly before ending up in an explosive fight when they arrived. “Wh..why can’t we g..go home?” She called out, but flinched and shut her eyes when Patrick’s gun rang out.

Opening her eyes slowly, she noted that The Third was standing in front of her, protecting her… Snow didn’t know how to feel about that. She was thankful and knew the woman was much more powerful than she, but she didn’t want anyone to be a human shield for her. “P-patrick we have to get home to the others. They need us. Kaia..she...Sera and… they don’t have many fighters with them they need us.”

She kept saying us but truly she meant they needed The Third and Patrick. Those two were the fighters. Snow could theoretically be of an asset if she could get close enough to those attacking… but she didn’t think she could handle another blood bond right now. After being in two already, her defenses were low against the seducing power and happiness that came with the bond.

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

The man in the mask came down and starting busting up some of these losers. She gave him a smirk of approval. Then when he spoke to her, her smirk evaporated. Hey, she could be impressed and sour at the same time! "Watch out!" she called, throwing a pan as a gun shot rang out. The pan intersected the shot just in time with a loud *PINGGG!* ringing out as it deflected the shot. The bullet ricocheted right into one of the men who was about to attack Jackson with a machete. Who immediately fell over, dead.

She placed her hips flicking her hair as she cocked to the side. "I think you owe me a thanks," Vira casually drawled with a sardonic inflection. Then she announced they were continuing their attack, "Incoming!" No rest! The battle was still underway! Men had entered the place from another door, and were even busting in through the windows. It was a fucking madhouse! To protect the ones upstairs (though she wouldn't admit to doing that), Vira attacked through the waves of men. No wonder The One gang was so feared -it had tons of brutes to do its dirty work!

Vira showed off why she was so dangerous. The white dress shirt-clad woman was a blur through the throes of men. Cutting with picked-up weaponry, she splattered blood against the walls, "Simply repainting," she jokingly said, before she cut one of the men's legs clean off. Attacks came her way, sure, but she flipped around, her black hair sessily whipping, as that shirt barely hid any part of her while she leaped and twisted. Flashes of red indicated where strikes were coming in, and she dodged accordingly, which opened the chick up to counter-attacking. Which she did with fervor. Many thugs were cut, some were killed, others were thrown or shoved around. She kicked a man off the staircase and he fell with a scream, smashing into the first floor. Then she promptly avoided getting gutted, before she flip-kicked a man in his chin, then followed-through with enough force to smash him through a wall.

Many of the men were now more cautious of the woman who somehow was kicking their butt. "Got to be an Abnorm!" one of them announced. "Yeah, yeah! Deal with her carefully!" another man agreed. They were encircling her, treating this encounter with much more care now, after witnessing what she did to their fellow thugs. Vira glared rusty eyes, holding two shortswords plucked from defeated gang members. Her white shirt was ripped and splashed with red, but she didn't care.

Tela "Fashionista" Powers

VNKJ2pL.jpg

"Yes, broody bro??" Fashionista inquired, looking delicately over to the dour, gloomy guy as he spoke to her. Hector spoke, and she looked around, at the chaos that was ensuing. Men were shooting their guns just for the hell of it, sure. "Uhmm~" she responded, nonchalantly shrugging. "Three: got it! Wait, five? Five, got it!" He announced he was going to go deal with some others nearby. She waved enthusiastically to him, "Have funnnn, little bro!!" she chimed merrily. "-Oh, and be careful! Yeeoop~ there he goes~" She placed her hands on her hips, pouting with full cheek and everything, "Hmph, winter clothes are for winter! It isn't winter! How out of season, pah," she was chastising, though he was out of earshot to hear.

Fashionista heard another voice directed her way. She glanced at the man she had previously attacked. She listened to him, not responding for a moment -which was unusual for her, if you knew her. "You dun understood muscley man!" she replied, readying to attack. Some light little droplets glistened at the corners of her eyes. "I gotsta~ World's not nicey, so I can't be neethers!" Fashionista sniffled, causing her to quickly rub her nose. "If I dun do this... my family..." Her scarf rose in the air, still holding the sword, poised to strike.

"Fashionista! Stop talking! Gut that pig!" A sizable scarred-faced man beside her chided. Which immediately had her cry out, "Yes Crusher!" Then she responded by striking at the man in front of her with her scarf-held sword. Crusher's tone had been short and heated. He was fuming, he could see from out here some of the commotion that was going on inside the building. Looking through a window, he watched the dark-haired woman making a mockery of the gang. "Freaking bitch.." he growled, holding up his hands. "I'll show you..." He began to push his hands together, looking through them at the woman fighting the thugs near the window. Suddenly the building began to creak and groan. It began to shake as if trying to fight back against whatever force was acting on it. To no avail, the room Vira was in, fighting the thugs, began to compress around her. She paused, feeling her senses go off all around her. The building began to shift and press inward on all sizes, drywall cracking and the ceiling began to break apart.

Drook Drook @ everyone

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | Abandoned Base

47c072eae4646d735714db92863b46.jpg

Mentions: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven , Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

“…Kaia!...”

The faint whisper of what seemed to be a lost memory penetrated the chief’s maniacal laughter echoing in Kaia's ears. The feeling quickly faded, however, as she gasped for breath at his grip on her throat.

“…It’s me…..Sera!....”

There is was again. The deep frown lines spanning Kaia’s normally gentle expression relaxed just barely. For a moment, she could have sworn that the leader of the Prophet sub-gang before her phased out if only for a split second. She blinked and shook her head before looking again. No…she wasn’t crazy. It was as if the tall, intimidating form before her was going out of focus, like adjusting the lense of a camera. Every time he went out of focus…something…someone was becoming clearer. It was happening so fast, she couldn’t quite make out the details of the person’s face. Wait...it was...a girl. A girl she recognized, but…from where? She was the one calling out softly to her.

“…Be still………You are safe with me……..Safe with Sera………And your sister is safe as well…”

Kaia’s once rapid breathing began to slow, and the dingy, cold metal walls around her dissipated, along with the terrifying chief, only a figment of her imagination.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Many painstakingly long minutes passed with seemingly no end in sight to Kaia’s nightmarish delusion. And then…ever so slightly, her fingers began to relax their death hold on Sera’s arm. Her narrowed eyes once more returned to their gentle focus, this time finally seeing Sera for who she was. “….S-sera…?” she choked. What had once been the chief squeezing her jaw had morphed into Sera gently yet firmly cradling her face in both hands. Kaia’s violet irises then followed Sera’s grasp down to her forearm, which was starting to turn deep blue and purple from the cold. Her eyes widened at the sight of ice crystals protruding from her own slender hand and nearly stretching across Sera’s entire arm. Her lungs shook, making her breath waver as she exhaled another pale white cloud. “I….I….,” she tried to speak, but a giant lump was forming in her throat and her stomach dropped at the realization of what had just happened. Her mind flashed back to when Ryuji had carried through the forest, and his chest had gotten frostbite. Her gaze flicking back to meet Sera’s, her violet eyes welled with tears, one spilling over down her cheek and across Sera’s right hand. Immediately she released Sera’s forearm, clutching the hand that had caused the offense close to her bandaged chest. “I….I’m sorry…,” she finally managed to whimper before her shoulders began to tremble with quiet sobs. Only then did the searing pain in her ribcage register at last, her wound painfully making itself known. Scooting away from Sera, she tried to get out of her embrace but ended up pitifully collapsing against the wall in exhaustion, still in shock at what she’d just done to the one who was trying to take care of her. She allowed her long hair to fall across her face, as if trying to hide from the medic while large tear droplets splashed onto the cotton sheets. She barely had time to process the situation when just then, the entire room shook as some sort of ruckus commenced, coming from the ground floor beneath them. Kaia attempted to grasp the wall to steady herself but cried out softly in pain as lifting her left arm tugged at the tender, bleeding hole in her side.

Last edited:
Hector "Crow Storm" Mendez
Hector could already tell that the small girl wasn't much of a combatant as he spoke, and the way that the male stood, he knew that he'd have to...The sight of the gun brought an instant reaction as three of the crows dove in, each blocking the bullet killing the momentum that it carried. Hector clenched his teeth as the shadow fell to the ground like massive puddles of black ink before pulling back to his feet, the single bullet laying upon the ground where the last bird had fallen. And as if nothing had mattered, the three birds emerged from the ground around him just as quickly as they'd fallen. "That's rather irritating." Hector sighed as the birds closed in on himself, the shadowy masses merging together into six large arms jutting out of his back. "I didn't expect one of you to have a gun." Nor did I expect such immediate aggression. The plan was to simply come over here and stall the white hair's return to the building. Heaving a heavy sigh, Hector's shadow arms took up a defensive stance as his eyes noticed the woman with a sword shielding the young girl.

Closing one eye for a moment, Hector could see the battle at the base. Crusher and Fashionista were having to start getting involved. That was at least going according to the data he'd gathered over his observations. The hands moved about as Hector blinked and his vision was back to the fight before him. "Your comrades are pretty tough." He spoke calmly while calling out to the little snow haired girl. "The dark haired woman, the fox mask and the gas mask are exceeding my expectations, but it seems that the anomaly that had appeared is formidable as well. I think it's only a matter of time." Hector chuckled as he stood there staring the three down. With his current shadow, he couldn't be the aggressor, but at the same time, the gun would mean nothing. One could call it a Mexican Standoff others would call it a stalemate. Ultimately, there was no way that the three of them could get by without killing him and he wasn't about to let that happen.

Ryuji Nakamoto
His blood was like a wild fire burning in his body. The adrenaline and energy that surged through him as he murdered the lesser beings around him. However his moment of wild passion was interrupted. As he immobilized another foe he caught sight of the girl in an ostentatious outfit. There were tears in her eyes and he felt words echo in his mind. "All women are flowers. They're to be sheltered, whispered sweet nothings to and treasured beyond belief." The words of a love once powerful enough to quell this raging fire dowsed the flames of battle within Ryuji. His eyes quickly reaching a balance between the crimson glow of the Fox and the dark brown of Ryu himself. At that very moment, he felt a blade plunge into his stomach. Looking down at the man that had stabbed him, Ryuji smirked.

"Fool." He muttered before jabbing the man's throat, leaving him gasping for air on the ground. Pulling the short sword out of his stomach, Ryu watched the wound heal as if it had never been there. With a slow and steady approach he walked towards the man named Crusher. His voice was cold enough to send a shiver down his own spine. "Crusher was it?" Ryuji snarled as the men that had seen Ryuji heal back off from him. "It seems that you have crossed a line that can NEVER be undone." Taking up a fighting stance he dashed toward the fool with sword ready to slice the man's hand clean off. "NEVER make a lady cry." Without a moment's hesitation he swung down, aiming for the bastard's hands.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish

Last edited:
Vira

Vira avoided a few more attacks by backing up. It caused her to bump back into the wall behind her. Glancing back at it, the wall was 'pulling' closer towards her -that was the only way she could describe it. She didn't need her power to tell her this was dangerous. She was forced to make more steps back towards the thugs as the walls enclosed some more, creaking, growling, and scraping as they folded and scrunched inward.

Her power spiked, and she did a little side flip to avoid getting gutted. She retaliated by jabbing one of her knives into the man. It broke on his skin, shattering instantly into pieces, as if it had been made of glass. She eyed the broken dagger before tossing it aside. This thug was an Abnorm. Shit. She eyed the three in the room with her. "Can't you see this place is folding up like when you wad up paper?!" They merely huffed, flexing in front of her, the man with the skin that shattered her dagger stepping up front. He punched his hands together in a cliched display, then cracked his bulging neck muscles. "Heh, that's Crusher. He ain't doin' nuthin but displayin' a bit of our power, girlie." He nodded towards the walls, "Also he makin' our playground smaller. No more runnin' away!"

'Running away' is what she needed to do right now. 'I need Venom,' she thought inwardly, imagining her sword. Vira would bolt for it, when given the chance. She stood there waiting for these three to attack.

Crusher heard the man speaking to him, glancing over at his new adversary. "What are you fuckin' talkin' about, pretty boy?" the Abnorm grunted. He leaped back just in time to avoid having his hands severed, taking and lowering his hands away from the building. Skidding a bit away, he held his hands back up, then proceeded to 'roll' his right hand. The ground in front of Ryu curled up to meet him. And for good measure, his left hand 'pulled in' trees behind him. The trees cracked and crushed into a mess of broken branches and splintered tree trunk flying at Ryu from behind.

Drook Drook Kiroshiven Kiroshiven @ everyone

Jackson punched person after person casually remarking to Vira, "If we get out of this, I may take you up on that." Suddenly the room began to constrict and twist. ~Shit, there's abnormals in this gang, perhaps I need to up it to stage 2 then. Vira's in a tough spot, that abnormal shattered her only weapon.~ If anyone was perceptive, a vein began to glow in Jackson's neck signifying a power increase. "GO!" Jackson yelled as he charged into the three enemies, choosing to attack the one with the skin that broke Vira's dagger. Jackson, while the abnormal was distracted, launched a punch into their center of mass with an audible *POOUUFF.* If he didn't take any internal damage, he would definitely feel this one.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Henry listened to her voice and to her words. She reminded him of his younger self in a way. Performing deeds of sin due to the hardships of the world. He felt sympathy towards her and his expression showed it. “One shouldn’t be filled by hatred simply because the world is unfair. Only despair and regret can come of it. I know this all too well” he said responding to her. When she spoke of her family he gritted his teeth. “I see” he said drawing his own conclusions from the little words she spoke before being interrupted by the rugged looking man. As the sword came flying towards him he managed to dodge in time but gently pressed his fingers against the side of the blade as it passed him. His body morphed once more into stainless steel his silver body becoming a bit brighter due to the properties of the blade. He dashed towards her location as his fist turned into a mini hammer. It seemed as if he were charging straight for her, but his eyes were locked on a much larger and heavily more annoying target. “Attacking the innocent, forcing people to work for you, treating allies as if they were garbage, but worst of all......swearing in front of a child. By the will that is I. You shall be judged” he said passing the young girl at an incredible speeds. A serious expression took over his face. His tone while speaking sounded evil but at the same time charismatic. Of course he was trying to look cool in front of everyone, even the evil lackeys, but his words and feelings were real. The way he spoke and his facial expression alone could possibly make someone else feel his emotions just by simply gazing at him. He approached the man known as Crusher but before he delivered a strike he stopped on his right foot and spinner his body holding at his hammer fist to add more speed and power into his attack. He aimed his attack straight for the man’s abdomen attempting to land a critical blow while he was distracted with the other abnormal he had been fighting.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

By now the ice crystals on Sera's arm have grown to a dangerous size. It was just so cold. She could hardly feel anything in her arm, resting most of the weight on Kaia's grip. Breathing heavily, the puffy cloud that appeared before her reminded of the ever-dropping temperature in the room itself, causing her to shiver greatly. Holding Kaia's face took a lot of strength, and it began to seem like a hopeless act. She may have to resort to using the knife.

Then she noticed something. It was faint, and she nearly mistook it for her imagination since she couldn't feel anything in her arm but Kaia's anguished pupils seemed to soften; refocus.

"...S-Sera...?" She choked. Sera's eyes widened when she heard her name. "I....I.....," She suddenly let go of her arm, which caused it to hit the bed dead cold, sending a surge of pain shooting up her arm. With one arm down, there wasn't much she could do -- but no doubt there was something going down just outside the door.

“I….I’m sorry…,” she finally managed to get out.

Sera silently watched as Kaia tried to retreat away from her, but she would have none of it. With her good arm, she gently moved Kaia's left arm down to rest on the bed, and then wrapped her own arm around her shoulders and pulled her close in a warm hug, letting her own body spread warmth.

"Come here, It's alright now. Don't cry. It's not your fault."

Tyra Tyra

Last edited:
Think, compensate for a difference in physical power with greater forethought and strategy. Those were the words Patrick had used in his conversation with Scarlett a week before, those were the words he had drilled into Keiji's head over the last two years, those were the words Patrick had lived by for the better part of two and a half decades. He had survived, killed, or gotten away from everyone and everything that had crossed his path by thinking faster and tactically considering every action. So Patrick planned.

The Crow was just under thirty feet away, he was an abnorm of indeterminate strength with the ability to control his shadow, he had stopped a .45 caliber bullet with no difficulty, and had enough confidence in his own abilities to hold all three of them here by himself. On the flip side, Snow was not a fighter, Third was, but this kid was out of her weight class, there was no back up coming from the rest of the group, and Patrick was injured.

Tactically speaking the best option was to grab Snow and make a hasty get away, maybe try to rejoin the fight from a different flank but....THIS LITTLE SHIT WAS BETWEEN HIM AND HIS LITTLE GIRL!!!! SCREW TACTICAL!!!

Patrick slid his pistol back into its holster on his thigh and started untying the knot holding the sling for his l left arm in place. Third get to the others, provide all possible assistance, leave Snow here, he said very calmly before locking eyes with Crow. Never losing eye contact Patrick slid his arm out of the sling, and stripped out of his coat revealing a white tank top and a puckered bullet wound in his left shoulder that looked to be almost two weeks old. Only one of them was getting past Crow, Patrick couldn't sustain a drawn out fight with his wound, Snow wouldn't be much help in the combat, so that left Third. Move on my mark he rumbled sliding his steel knuckles onto each hand, which was a little awkward considering he couldn't move his leff arm to well, but he managed it and redrew his pistol.

Time to test out what he paid so much for, authorize biometric boost, command code Tepus, the big man growled, then time seemed to slow down...

Command code accepted...
biometrics at 20%...
50%...
100%...
advisory...
damage detected to skeletal and muscular structure...
Increaing dopamine production...
Deploying stimulants to affected area...
biometrics stabilizing at 87%...

Authenticating new combat protocol...
Combat protocol Tepus ready for deployment...

Every nerver ending on Patrick's body was glowing a soft sullen red, and pale white smoke began to rise from his arms chest and legs. He rolled his left shoulder experimentally noting the pain was a distant thing now, somehow less important than it was less than a seacond before.

Suddenly Patrick was in front of Crow having cleared the thirty foot gap in three impossibly long strides, GO THIRD, he roared emphasizing the command with a flurry of lightning fast Jabs precisely aimed for the kids chin, nose, and temples!

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

The Wardens

OOC: I am not sure who or what exactly is going on within the base, I will take this moment to bask on your post and read them all to get an idea.​

The Third Warden
The bullet little did to their foe and time required for them to do something different at the time. However, Patrick's tactic changed suddenly suggesting Third should abandon the child to his fate and rush towards the base to the aid the followers within. Such a strategy was not sound for her, yet the vow The Wardens took with Patrick said she had to follow her command until she could no longer as part of their contract. She grabbed her sword from the rough edge close to the guard and prepared to dash to her new requested position.

"Don't lose..." she would say before he was able to strike once more, then gave Snow a quick nod, hoping she was ready to stand by Patrick side if he needed of her.

At the command, she did as she could. She move quickly around trying to use the enemy's blind flank to reach for the base. Her sword would be able to make a stand against any foe, probably if she was strong enough she would defeat them. But it all depended that if she indeed make it through or not...

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Last edited:
Snow
Interacting with: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
maxresdefault.jpg

Snow watched as the birds flew into the line of fire, the bullet doing nothing to the man before them. Shivers ran through her. How were they going to get out of this? How do you fight shadows? Snow wasn’t even sure her powers would be of any use even if she had wanted to use them. He would simply attack her with those crows which she could not infect with her blood. Looking at him, she noticed he spoke to her… why her? Patrick was the one who was in charge. That was clear from him having made the first move and her being a weak coward, hiding behind The Third. But then his words filled her with dread… only a matter of time. Time for what?? Time before they died...
“Don’t you dare hurt them!” She screamed, tears streaming down her face. Hadn’t she just decided to try and help her family more? Hadn’t she just found an inner peace in this group? Made a vow to do all she could not to hurt them? And now she was helpless and useless.

Her breath caught as what seemed like Patrick’s veins began to glow, not his veins...Snow realized it was his nerves. He yelled for Third to leave her and go help the others. Snow agreed fully, but the blood song protested. It wanted protection, demanded protection. Snow ignored the siren call and closed her eyes, trying to control her shaking before she opened them again only to see Patrick attack. Smoke billowed from Patrick as suddenly he was faster than any human. He yelled for Third to leave again with such aggression, even Snow flinched. The Third looked at her and nodded, Snow returning the gesture before the woman went to dodge around Hector’s flank.

Snow thought of what she could possibly do to help. Her hair was pure white and her eyes blood red. Her thorns ached, reminding her they were out. Her powers were acting fully now, and the song demanded they get close to Hector… Snow thought of her friends, the ones he was trying to kill and anger filled her. She watched as Patrick attacked, the blood song in her demanding that blood be drawn. It would just make it so easy… Snow shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. Oh she hadn’t felt that close to losing to her power since the torture she had endured in the barn… Snow could not lose it. Not when her friends needed her… but she still did not know what she could do… except for give in to her power.

Hector "Crow" Mendez
Hecotr quietly watched as the man spoke of his plan. This old man must likely be an abnorm if he believed that he could actually harm him while he had his shadow vectors. There were only two other faster forms to which he could control his shadow. "I'm not going to hurt them." Hector yawned as his eyes lolled between the old man whom began stripping and the small girl behind the woman. "After all, it's not like I want them to die. Otherwise, I'd be over there." He looked back to the old man. "I wouldn't push yourself too ha-" Hector's words were cut off. Three strides. That's all it took? Hector snarled as his shadows pushed him up and away from the old geezer. The blow that seemed to have been aimed for the center of his face, barely connecting with Hector's shin. The pain of being shot with the rubber bullets at point blank flashed into his mind from years ago. "Fuck that hurts!" He cried out as he fell to a knee a few feet back from the steaming male. His eyes quickly darting to the woman trying to run towards the base. "Not so fast!"

A large shadow arm stretched out encircling the sword wielding woman and another moved towards the little white haired girl. However, they merely stayed surrounding them by a couple of feet. "I don't need you three causing me problems. So just sit the hell down and wait this out." He hissed while the four other arms retracted close to Hector and formed claws over his hands, the shadowy blades flittering about like black flames. It wasn't likely that he could move with his leg more than likely in a piss poor shape, thankfully it seemed to have grazed his leg instead of making direct contact. But if this kind of pain was a graze, Hector wasn't going to entertain the idea of letting the geezer hit him again. "You seem very adamant about getting there old man. What's worth putting your life on the line for?" Hector wanted to know someone else's logic for doing something that he himself was doing. It made no sense, but then again emotions never really did.

Ryuji Nakamoto
Ryuji couldn't help but feel almost in a weird mixture of Zen-like peace and wild fury as he watched Crusher run away. And as if to make the situation better, another was going for his attention. The sound of snapping wood triggered Ryuji to dive to the side on instinct. Several branches and bits of bark shrapnel tearing into his exposed back. However, the cuts and tears on his flesh returned to their original state quickly. With his face still hidden behind the mask, none could see the wide grin that was plastered onto the male's face. He felt alive for the first time in years. Even the fight with the Giant from before hadn't brought about this level of energy from him. Every inch of his body screamed to draw the blood of Crusher. To save not only the girl whom was being blackmailed, but Lilac and Lilly whom were both likely still in the base that Crusher had attempted to crumble to the ground.

He dashed forward slipping into the male's flank while the silver boy came in from the other side. Even if Ryuji got caught up in the attack, he could recover from it. Normally he'd have questioned it, but right now he felt immensely like a new self. He felt invincible, he felt empowered, he felt like when he stood up to Zetsuo. And with that kind of fire in his eyes there was very little that an untrained brute could do to stop him.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Drook Drook ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | Abandoned Base

47c072eae4646d735714db92863b46.jpg

Mentions: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

The frail ice abnorm had no more energy left in her to fight, collapsing into Sera’s embrace.

"Come here, It's alright now. Don't cry. It's not your fault."

But it WAS her fault. It was her fault for trusting someone who betrayed her and her sister into the hands of slavers. It was her fault that Skylar was still locked away under her ex-master’s thumb. It was her fault that her parents died trying to protect her. It was ALL her fault... “I’m sorry…I’m s-sorry…” she just kept repeating over and over in between her now escalated, intense sobs. She allowed Sera to lower her left arm to the cot and let herself rely on the other abnorm for support. Being the older sibling when it was just her and Skylar after the WG attack, she’d always stepped up and taken the lead. She always had to be strong for Sky. She always had to protect her. Countless times, Kaia had offered herself in place of her sister, so that Skylar would be spared from experiencing the horror of their cruel master’s darkest demands and deepest desires. Then after her escape from the compound, she had to be strong for herself. She had to keep herself hidden, fed, sheltered….alive, all with the guilt of leaving her only sister behind weighing on her heart. She’d been on the run from slavers for so long…she had forgotten what an actual hug felt like. She’d forgotten what comfort and safety felt like. She’d forgotten what it was like to have an actual friend in this insane, topsy turvy world. In this moment, it didn’t matter that she was a young adult. She missed Skylar…she missed her family… All these emotions of longing and heartache had come together and completely broken down her stubborn, un-caring façade she used to keep everyone around her at arm’s length. In this moment…she allowed herself to be held…to be loved. Not the romantic type of love, but the core, agape-love…the type of love generated between family members and best friends that runs deeper than the physical.

After several lingering minutes of uncontrollable wails, her crying finally began to recede into the occasional whimper-hiccup. Her pale cheeks were stained with tears and her wound burned like hell, but…she felt better. All those homesick feelings she’d been bottling up had been let loose at last. However, the moment of calm didn't last for long. The rumbling that had previous been beneath them had now migrated to just outside the doorway. Momentarily putting the current situation aside, Kaia’s eyes once more grew fearful as she looked back and forth between Sera and the door. “W-what is that…??” she croaked weakly.

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

Vira saw the man rushing the three, she reached out shouting, "Wai-!" but was cut off when she saw the power behind his punch. His abnormal power. It hit the surprised Abnorm with the tough skin. It sent him barreling over against the crushing walls with a loud grunt and crash. She gave a single, quick glance at the masked man, realizing he was an Abnorm, too. Vira barely gave him a nod before sliding over the fallen man, and giving a quick kick across the jaw to one of the others, hitting him hard enough to hear a crack and a scream out, spinning him and knocking him over.

She landed and bolted out the door, down the hall, towards the stairs. That's where she saw a couple of thugs at a room. She tackled one hard who yelped in surprise before he struck the wall and went silent. His friend rounded on her, swiping his fist, which she side stepped. But, he reacted faster than she thought -he was more trained than the other thugs; whipping around, and launching at her in a tackle like her previous one. She darted backwards, feeling the oncoming tackle in her mind. However, a strand appeared from his hand. It spiked her power, but Vira was midair avoiding his tackle, she couldn't simply move in the middle of the air. The strand wrapped around her ankle, then lit up with an orange glow. "AHH!" she screamed out at the sudden searing pain. He yanked her towards him, and rammed her straight through the doorway.

The two smashed through it, and collapsed into the room, rolling a bit, until Vira landed ontop of the man, struggling to keep him pressed beneath her. Her muscles strained to keep a muscular man down. "Grrrr, get off me you bitch!" he shouted, pushing back, lifting them both up. Even with her training, his muscles were just outright winning. She reached over and grabbed a part of the door that was splintered, readying to stab him. He reacted quickly again, as a trained Abnorm would, lighting up the strand that was wrapped around her ankle, searing against her skin again, so much it sizzled and smoke rose off. Gritting her teeth in pain, she yelped but didn't scream like she had. He then shoved her off, making her back hit the door frame. He spun around and grabbed her shoulders, slamming her back against the door again, causing her to shout out again.

Although that was all he got. She reacted by bringing up her other foot to kick his groin. When he yowled, she shoved off his hands, and hit him in his chest. Then a few jabs to his face, which made him grunt and stagger. She had him! Raising up the splintered door piece she was about to stab him. Then her power spiked again, and she readied to react, but her eyes widened. He surprised her again. Strands shot out from him all around her, enclosing in, like 10 or so. She was too close to avoid them all! Vira cut at two, but then the rest caught her, wrapping around her. "Gotcha, bitch!" he growled in satisfaction. And they all lit up.

"AIIEAHHH!" Vira screamed out, feeling the burning sensation all around her. The strands instantly slicing through the meager shirt she was wearing, searing straight through it, latching right against her skin. He smirked, watching his power burn his caught prey.

Vira was no mere prey, though. Despite the overwhelming agony burning against her all over, she acted quickly! Taking her door splinter, she instantly jabbed it up into his throat, making him widen his eyes and stare at her in utter shock. He thought he had caught her! "But.. how...?" he grunted, before she then dragged it messily across, slitting his throat. He grunted, then garbled out, as dark red came flowing out, all down her hand and arm. When she ripped it out of his throat, the man collapsed. Then she shoved it under each burning strand, and cut clean through them quickly. Each fell off of her, sizzling against the ground where they fell, before each orange glow disappeared as they cooled.

"Ssaaahhh," she hissed, dropping the broken door frame piece, falling to one knee, marks of bubbled darkened lines all around her exposed body. Her skin smoking and smelling like it had been cooked. Only her lower underwear had managed to not be burned away, leaving her a teensy bit of modesty -not that that mattered at the particular moment. Trying to recollect herself, she looked up, one eye scrunched shut, holding herself. There surprisingly, across from her, were two girls sitting on a bed(?). She looked between the two. One had appeared to be crying. This.. was.. awkward..

Getting up, Vira grimaced. She was visibly struggling, but played it cool. She took a step back out of the room on a shaky leg. Pausing, she 'looked' back, murmuring, "Stay low." Then she left the room, still on shaky, smoking legs. She moved slowly towards the staircase, hitting the wall, using it to remain upright. She needed Venom.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Tyra Tyra Syphe Syphe

Tela "Fashionista" Powers

X9Es4DE.png

Fashionista listened to the man, then chirped out a little giggle, closing her eyes. "He~he~! You're precious!" It was a wonder if she understood what he was saying by her response, but when her eyes opened, there were more tears in them. However, it seemed their brief interaction was over, as he darted passed her. "Hey! Where you goin' mister?????" she asked out, watching as he readied to attack Crusher. "Eeep! N~nyu! Dun do that!!" she squeaked out, holding her hand towards him. Her outfit unraveled enough to fly over and catch his swinging arm, holding fast; protecting Crusher just in time!

He glanced back, seeing the raised arm-weapon of steel. He saw that it was caught by Fashionista, and gave her a brief nod. "Good job, girl!" he called to her, swiping his hand. A wad of earth rolled up, and was about to shove Henry away from him. Actually though, he had to react to the wild pretty boy, too! With a dark chuckle, he swiped his hand, and smashed the earth up against Henry on the opposite side, stepping out of the way -sending the silver-man tumbling into Ryuji.

Drook Drook Kiroshiven Kiroshiven @ everyone

Delia
Interacting with: NPC shopkeeper.
giphy.gif

Delia looked at Remy as he spoke to yet another potential buyer. They had been traveling for some time and Remy was convinced he could sell a broken mirror with a silver handle. “The silver is what they’ll want.” He remarked with a wink. Delia rolled her eyes as the man in the little shop of weapons and protective gear, tried to tell her persistent leader once more that he was not interested. But he should try the blacksmith a few towns over. About a three days journey. He would like to melt the silver and make a handle for some of his more wealthy clients. Delia knew who had wealth in these parts. Gang members and Bounty Hunters who worked for the league. They got rich off of killing people like her group and stealing everything they had.

Suddenly crashing and gunfire sounded off in the distance. Remy looked around concerned. “What the?” The shop keep waved his hand. “Just some Devil's children. They and the gang of monsters around here had a huge battle a town back, Svitch. Probably picking up where they left off.” Remy ran a hand through his sweaty balding head. Next to her, Sammy bit her lip and frowned. “Oh Abnorms… not a good one in the lot of em. I saw what that town looked like.”

Delia looked away, shame coursing through her. She was not the type to be silent and sad. More like silent and pissed off. But lying to these people who saved her, fed her, helped her survive in this cutthroat place… it hurt her deep. Remy looked at Sammy and the others, clearing his throat. “Well we best get going then. We’ve been traveling all day and if there is fighting going on I want to be hidden away in our quarters for the night. Always best to stay out of Abnorm business. Let them kill em selves. Then maybe we can go see if there is anything to scavenge.” Sammy hit the man upside the head with a humph. “Kidding! Kidding! We’ll be gone by dawn.” Sammy, Remy and the rest of them started for the door.

Delia paused and called out, “I’ll be with you guys in a second.” Her eyes on the shopkeep who paused, sizing her up. “Whatchu want?” He asked gruffly, knowing the girl probably couldn’t afford anything in his store. “Any parts? Bits of broken things you are going to throw away? I like collecting them, seeing if maybe in the future I can build something.” Delia lied easily, looking at the man with her hands shoved in the deep pockets of her cargo pants. The man laughed and held up a finger as he went to the back and came out with a little rusted metal can of bits of this and that. “Whenever I am working on restoring something or fixing and bits break off from old and rusted parts, I put em in here to throw out. This is all today’s crap. You can’t build anything from any of it girl but you’re welcome too it. Goin in the trash anyways so I might save you the time of digging through it.” Delia grinned and took the can, putting a single coin (all she could spare) down in return. “Thanks.” The man took the money because it wasn’t like he didn’t need it and Delia headed to the door.

She looked off again through the window where all the noise was comin from. Couldn’t really see anything from this far out. “Those Devil's children who challenged the gang… are they um… are they a new gang or?” The man turned to her and shrugged his shoulders. “Honestly, I heard that they were trying to save Svitch. But you know Abnorms, they destroy things whether or not they are tryna help or not. I don’t know much about em but I find it best for us normal folk to just steer clear.” Delia nodded and left the shop.

What sounded like a building coming down rang out clearly and Delia grumbled. She didn’t know if she should go see what was going on or not… she knew Svitch. She had seen the town and the people. And while Sammy raved and raved about how it was all the Abnorms fault… the bartender there had said this new group was a blessing. That they were heroes. Delia had never interacted with any Abnorms except the ones who tried to rob her and her band of humans… what were heroes like? Could they help her figure out if all Abnorms were monsters or not? Maybe if she saw them fighting, saw these so called heroes… she could decide if Sammy was right… and all Abnorms were monsters. Including herself.

Last edited:
In this broken world, one can only be strong for so long. Sera's heart wept for this poor girl. She knew not the specific details for her sorrow, but it wasn't tears of joy -- that's for sure. As she let her rest on her, she quietly listened as she vented out her tears and guilt. Everything she seemed to regret, it was being told through the tears until she finally reached a more calm state.

But also, in this world, peace can only last for so long as well. Due to a more pressing issue, Sera had tuned out the fighting so she could focus, however, now it was time to address the issue. This place was empty when the group had arrived and stayed that way for some time while they were cleaning it out. Wasn't this place also in a remote area, considering a town nearby was partially in ruin? Would those people be so desperate as to attack them? Whatever the reason is, it would be safe (or unsafe) to assume that among the attackers were also abnorms with destructive power. The walls were beginning to show signs of recent damage and dust was being shaken off the ceiling. On top of all that, Sera had to warm up her arm before she permanently lost it! The room temperature didn't help either.

“W-what is that…??”
She heard Kaia say softly.

Turning her attention to the door again, Sera gave a slight groan. "Nothing but trouble it seems. Come on, I know you're hurt but we can't --!" She couldn't even finish the sentence when all of a sudden two people came crashing through the door like a wrecking ball, locked into a fierce encounter and totally transforming the entrance into a archway of splinters. Sera covered Kaia with her back to cover from the dust and debris, but quickly turned back to see that the uncouth lady being overpowered by a strange man who had her in sizzling strands. Not good! If she went down, that could spell their doom. Suddenly a thought crossed her mind: Jackson! No doubt he is caught up amidst the fighting. She knew of his power but could he remain unscathed against numerous opponents?

The lady's cry of pain sent Sera flying back to reality. She wondered what she could do with just her knife and a frozen arm, and an incapacitated patient. Maybe go for a stab in the neck when he 's preoccupied? Letting go of Kaia, Sera reached for her knife and was about assist when she saw blood splat onto the wall -- then the attacker keeled over. The lady got up, and looked at the two as if she just noticed they were there. If there was any moment to be called awkward, this would take the trophy. Sera stared back in both awe (for winning the fight) and waiting for some sort of snarky remark, but received nothing of the sort. She merely told them to stay low and proceded to walk out the door; playing it tough.

The broken door was the cue for the two of them to leave. "Yeah, it's time to go. I know you're hurt but if any of them catch us, it's going to go be a horrible day!" She took the knife and slide it into the holster in her belt, and with that, Sera helped Kaia up to her feet with her good hand, trying to avoid hurting her as best she could. Her frozen arm hung limp at her side, a constant alert of damage, but it would have to wait. It just has to.

"Let's go." And they walked out the door, hoping to avoid detection and to find a safe place to recover.

Tyra Tyra
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Kore Dair
witcher__ciri_by_raikoart-da83paw (1).png
Once they had taken over the base of the One, Kore hadn't claimed a room like the rest of the group. She disliked being inside building, so instead opted for a nearby tree, making herself a small, circular tree house there. It was nothing like the old home she had made for herself, but it was comfortable, and unless someone in the group wanted to climb a tree and hack into her ball of branches and vines, they couldn't bother her in her little ball of solitude.
It also had the advantage of being basically invisible from the ground.
So imagine Kore's smugness when she woke up from her nap to find that the outside world had descended into complete chaos. All but the loudest of noises were muffled by the thick layer of branches surrounding her - there was no opening as she could open and close the ball whenever she pleased; so she awoke from her nap to the muffled sounds of screaming. Of course, it surprised her quite a bit, so she didn't emerge right away. She did, however, thin the branches in front of her so she could hear more, and managed to deduce that they were under attack, likely by the previous inhabitants of their new home - the trees told her as much.
Her bubble was located a little ways from the treeline close to where Snow was being (annoyingly, in Kore's eyes) vocal, so Kore had no trouble guessing who and what was around the thorny female.
Kore debated whether she actually wanted to join in. She was perfectly happy where she was, and no one had noticed her sitting quite happily in her ball... She sighed, supposing if they were all killed it might bother her. Maybe.
The branches in front of her snaked apart silently, leaving an opening that she squeezed through just as quietly, stealthily walking across the branches as she made her way to the treeline and sat down, in clear view of Snow, Patrick, Third and the shadow guy.
"Well well well. Having a spot of bother?", her soft voice was sickeningly sweet and sarcastic as she stared down at the group of four.
"Hmm, I suppoooose I could help out... But watching might be more interesting.", she chuckled softly, sitting back.
"The new guy seems fun~", she lilted, studying the brown haired male with her cold, piercing green eyes, casually leaning on a branch that slithered to rest her lithe form.
"Looks like you're all doing juuust fine without me.", Kore studied her nails nonchalantly. She was, however, hyper alert of her surroundings. She was very high up, so getting to her quickly before she could act would pose a challenge for those around - on top of that she was surrounded by trees and flora - quite literally in her element.
And anyway, the new guy didn't seem to be actively attacking... If he had, then Kore would be much more cautious, it was one of the reasons why she hadn't joined in the chaos of the battle a distance away from them, she didn't fancy facing two powerful Abnorms head on; that had ended badly for her last time. And the trees told her that some of the Abnorms were indeed powerful, including the boy who stood in front of her.
"You look a bit distressed, Snow... Everything alright?", she teased, an almost wicked smile gracing her features. The new guy had already said he wouldn't kill any of them, so what was the harm in having a little fun? Snow was the one she knew best out of the three, so was the only one she could properly tease, especially considering her nature. Of course, she was also the only one she was ever so slightly worried about... Maybe. Not that she would ever in a million years show her concern for anyone other than animals and the trees.

littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

The Wardens

The Third Warden
The shadows moved to surround her with success, the distraction was not enough. She began to move her sword over the dark entity, slicing it a few times and then even trying to tackle her way out. She considered the situation for a moment as she recovered her imaginary breath, she thrust the ground beneath her with the sword as she fabricated a small blade that would lay upon her belt front. She would take with her right hand and try to angle the throw in order to hit the man from her position though only she knew his last position.

Regardless if she achieved or not her attempt to further annoy the creature, she would attempt to telepathically speak to Patrick but too many voices would be involved, so many. It would only distract him further. She would have suggest to either bring The First or to kill herself in order to appear in another position; though the idea of dying seem to oddly scare her very core, even if she was aware of her false life.

At the end, The Third found herself without a possible way to resolve this, that is when the Green-one arrived, Third knew of her powers and she was for her a threat, regardless of whoever side she was. The power to bend the nature shouldn't be taken lightly and she has clearly showed no serious mind. Such a power should be contained, or exterminated.

Beside those thoughts, she may take the opportunity only to allow Kore to further distract the one of the Shadows and move inwards onto the base to aid the ones inside as Patrick commanded. She did not speak, though, maybe Patrick would change his mind and make Kore go into the base rather than the Third.

FrostFire FrostFire littleberry littleberry Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Underneath the anonymity of the gas mask, Jackson smiled as the abnorm went flying through a wall from the force of his punch. The three others turned their heads, looked as Vira finished him off, and looked back at Jackson. As Vira ran off, he crackled his knuckles and said, "Ok guys, I won't blame you if you want to run now, but we can do this the easy way or the hard way." All three of them charged him as soon as he finished his offer. "Why does nobody ever pick the easy way? huh." Jackson took stock of what each enemy was wielding. All three had bladed weapons although the one in the middle had some kind of machete while the other two had daggers. The machete wielder made the first move and swiped at Jackson, which he dodged, straight into the path of one of the other goons wielding a dagger. As the goon raised his weapon, Jackson punched the flat end of the blade causing it to snap with a resounding, *KLINK* before punching him straight in the gut. Falling to the ground motionless, this goon was out of commission. The second goon charged, but as he did, Jackson dodged again, but the machete goon was ready. He hit Jackson's gas mask with the pommel of his blade causing a *CLANG* and a ringing noise in his head as the goons tried to disorient him. "Motherfucker!" Jackson swore, as he rolled backwards getting out of their reach. The machete goon, feeling emboldened charged again, but to his own dismay. Jackson broke the machete blade and punched the sorry goon in the face breaking their nose easily and knocking them out completely. The last dagger goon charged, but Jackson, tired of fighting, just sidestepped him and kicked him in the groin. "Count yourself lucky, I'm tired of fighting you guys." The goon collapsed and curled into a ball while Jackson picked him up and threw him through the doorframe of the base. "Uuugghhh." Jackson began to walk back into the base. "Why in the hell did they think it was a good idea to fight me after what I did to Crackerjack, stupidity is what it is." He continued to walk into the base, silently grumbling to himself along the way.
Syphe Syphe Tyra Tyra Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Patrick grimaced as his jabs only grazed the kid, but he had only landed a few feet away. If he could only barely keep up with the old soldier from thirty feet away Patrick had a real chance to win. However just as Patrick had turned and started after him the Crow had encircled the women on shadow, forcing the Mr.O to freeze in mid stride.

Crow had Patrick just as trapped as the women, the old man couldn't know how much damage the kid could take before passing out, and in that time he might be able kill the women. Patrick couldn't take that risk. So now Patrick had to stall while he tried to figure out a way to regain control of the fight. Then the kid ask him a question, providing him with the opportunity to do just that.

You said our house, meaning you're part of The One a gang of murderers and rapists,led by a group of Abnorms more concerned with their power and how to gain more of it then what to use it for, I wouldn't expect you to understand, he replied while allowing his computer to run through scenario after scenario. Thanks to the recent upgrade that meant that he had considered dozens of possible solutions by the time he finished the sentence. Unfortunately every plan, every scheme, every strategy, wouldn't work without at least a momentary distraction. Then the tree girl decided to make her presence known.

As she spoke her words filled to the brim with sadistic sarcasm a small, sing song, voice in the back of Patrick's mind started to sing, come with me to the other side, make the girl in Black your bride, she sways in her velvet dress, pulls me close into the dark... Patrick quashed that voice very quickly this was the distraction he needed.

The pistol in his right hand disappeared back into its holster, and Patrick rushed forward his right hand grasping for the crows head.

littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Kiroshiven Kiroshiven FrostFire FrostFire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back