• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dark World reboot RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
opener blurb
The extreme gist of this rp is this. WW3 happened, resulting in a post apocalyptic world we call the 'Dark World'. Due to these things called 'Super Weapons'. They used a new type of energy that irradiated our world. Now in 2070, 35 years after the end of the third world war, people are/ have appeared with 'powers', 'mutations', called 'abnormalities'. These people are referred to as Abnorms.

fxeOZRw.png

~*~ Previously ~*~

As she neared, Vira recognized the eye-like tattoo symbolizing this girl's affiliation with The One gang. Just seeing the tattoo angered Vira, her hair standing on end. Fuzzy burning sensations within her told her to strike, but she held onto her cool as they neared the lone girl standing before the slightly intimidating structure that was The One gang's base. She stood there in an elegant white dress, looking out of place against the backdrop of trees and grayish building. Her size was small, unassuming. Vira knew not to judge a book by its covers, but this lady had her intrigued.

"Hello," the woman spoke as Vira neared. "So you and your friends are why they all left..."

Vira raised her eyebrow. "They all.. left?!" she hissed out angrily. "What do you mean?"

"They knew you were coming, and.. well they fled," she answered, seemingly sad about that fact. "The place is completely abandoned."

"Where did they go, and who are you?" Vira asked angrily. Hearing that they fled set her off. She wanted nothing more than to end them.

"I don't know exactly, but I can tell you they went East somewhere; that's all I know. My name is Anesha," she answered, looking over the dark-haired woman in front of her. Running a hand over the tattoo on her other hand, she sounded hopeful in her next question. "So it is true then? You came to end The One?"

"East?" Vira repeated, looking out towards the forest east of them. "Yes. That is true."

"Do you think you can do it?" Anesha asked in the same hopeful tone, with a side of thoughtfulness, her blonde locks falling in front of her face while she considered something, looking down.

"..Lets just say, if I don't then I'll be dead," Vira answered bluntly. It was either her or them. The One was a nuisance and Vira felt an obligation to destroy them.

"Perhaps I can help you then," Anesha replied.

"You are an Abnorm then?"

Anesha nodded. "The One only cares about Abnorms, and only allows them into the group. Well... they only care about Abnorms anyway, anyone else is worthless fodder."

"So I noticed. Well, how can you help?"

Anesha sniffled, rubbing her eyes. "My Abnormality... I can grant wishes. Or at least I can try to." Seeing that further explanation was needed, she continued. "My wish granting is why The One wanted me, but it has it's issues. I can't just 'wish someone dead', or 'wish someone alive' again. Nothing like that. In fact my ability seems to have a lot of complications. The headaches it makes for me.. I don't really control it, nor do I understand what these complications are or anything, but... I can still try to help you."

Vira thought it over. Her power sounded ridiculous. Both ridiculous nonsense, and how useful it could be. Ultimately, she grinned. Well, if Anesha was offering! She began to speak, but saw the woman falter. "What is it?"

"Th-there's just one major issue..." Anesha twiddled her fingers. "I can only grant one wish. ..I believe. My power is directly linked to my life force. Another wish is all I have left in me, before..."

Vira understood exactly what she meant. "Then nevermind."

"No! No no.. I-it's okay! I want to make this wish. It is my wish. Not yours. It's why they left me behind, because I told them I couldn't make anymore wishes without it killing me." She appeared angry, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists. The poor frail thing. "The One abused my power.."

Ah. Now Vira understood why this woman would turn on her own gang. She wasn't sure how she felt in using up Anesha's life to make some 'wish' as the girl put it, but if she was willing to lay down her life for it. Then far be it for Vira to deny her such. "How do I do this? Phrase it like a genie?"

Anesha nodded. "Yep, that'll work."

"I wish to have the power to defeat The One," Vira chanted immediately.

Anesha's lips curled into a smile. "That is my wish." Her eyes lit up, glowing a bright iridescent hue. Light spread the clouds above, landing upon Vira in front of her. Then... nothing.

Vira lifted her arms, inspecting herself. "Uh, is that it?"

Anesha's eyes returned to normal. The time of her power passed. She stared at the woman in front of her. Finally, she shrugged simply. "I.. I suppose? Again, my power isn't exactly as cut and dry as you'd think. I do not know what each of my 'wishes' will do. So, um.. Yeah. That's it. I cannot do anything more. I'm sorry."

Vira stared, then looked at the building. "No. It's fine." If that was it, then that was it. It was probably foolish to imagine this whole 'wish granting' thing was anything substantial. Probably why The One was so far up its own ass. It was stupid. The abandoned building there though was interesting. Abandoned, huh? "Anesha. Do you imagine anyone would say anything if we were to say.. use that building?"

Anesha looked towards The One's base. "No. I suppose not.."

Vira grinned. "Good. Cuz even if they did -they'd have to answer to me."

Even though it was early, it felt like a time to cool down and chill. Vira glanced once behind her, to see everyone who had followed her. Then she walked up to the building, and pushed open the heavy metal door. With a grunt she managed to get it open. Stepping inside, her view was met with a pretty drab entrance. A staircase across the room lead up, and there were rooms off to the sides. There was obvious signs of people departing. Stuff had been stripped away, leaving non-necessities strewn about, with cabinets open revealing nothing left within. To Vira, this seemed more home than any other place she had been to in many years, and it was nothing more than an abandoned base of a terrible gang.

~*~ Now ~*~

It was a few days later -maybe closer to a week?- hard to say. The building had gone through a hefty overhaul. The group had pitched in to completely clean out the place, and fix it up. Vira had largely gotten used to quite a few others being around. At first it bugged her, but she realized she couldn't just make them leave. Besides, it was cool if they wanted to spend a lot of their time renovating the place. It meant she didn't have to waste much of her time doing it. She took the room on the topmost floor. It had fancy stuff, for fancy people, she could tell. She tossed out some of the broken shit, and let others deal with the other rooms. Not everything could be completely fixed, but it was definitely looking much better in comparison to how they found it. Vira was pretty satisfied knowing they had managed to take over a gang's base. That was pretty sick. Still, she wasn't used to sharing space with others; especially those she largely considered strangers. But the place was big enough, so she held her tongue on it. Not to mention she largely kept to herself, unless it was impossible to do so. Such as when she was reclining in the room that had previously been used for meetings and relaxation and shit. Or she assumed it had been used for that anyway.

Although this place was sweet, Vira knew she wouldn't remain here for long. It was a stepping stone on her journey.​

After arriving at the base, Jackson was surprised at how quickly the gang had cleared out leaving their base behind. Still, he and everyone else beat the gang silly. Perhaps thats why they fled? In any case a few days later Jackson set himself to work on fixing up the base with everyone else, which meant he could chose what room he would reside in when it was all said and done. While he worked, he felt that he did not need to wear the gas mask as it would cause him to sweat even more so when wearing it. As soon as the renovations were done, he had chosen a room on the 3rd floor which he would call his own. Installing a few door latches, locks and chains here and there, the rest of the room was spartan and clean. His parents had drummed it into his skull to be organized and he was not about to let that go to waste. Over in the corner of the room was a punching bag for Jackson to keep himself and his muscles in shape. Today was no different as he was in his room, door unlocked, keeping himself in shape while striking the punching bag with audible noises of *wham* *boom* and *pow.*

So that princess-looking lady is a genie of sorts? The ability to grant "wishes?" How would that work? Hm, wish I could have met sooner.... Wait no, that's selfish. The poor girl, she was exploited until there was nothing left. What will happen now that her final wish is used?

It has been quite awhile since Sera had walked into a building of this size that isn't totally in ruins. Granted, it would need plenty of cleaning up of all the rubble and the trash left behind by its prior occupants. Being a no-good gang of trouble, neatness was no doubt absent from their minds. Wrappers, cans, dirty clothes -- all of it was strewn across the dusty floors. It would take more than a single day to clear this mess, however it would be worth the time. There is plenty of room to settle down and start a base here, with several floors and all. With some privacy, she could get around to restocking medical supplies and other materials -- which got her thinking: she needs a major upgrade to her gear.

In the few days that followed, Sera cleared the area around the main entrance and the stairs so that walking wasn't a pain. It took awhile since there wasn't really any cleaning tools around -- there was a broom but the brush snapped off after a few hours of sweeping, so most of the cleaning was done by hand and with some help here and there. There were a few rooms on the bottom floor that she had in mind for use. It would be better to have the workshop on the bottom floor, and sleeping quarters on the second floor since its harder for bugs to crawl into (theoretically). She made haste with the bedrooms so that people, especially Snow and Kaia and any other people whom were injured (like herself) during the fight that ensued roughly a week ago.

In her own room, Sera kept it simple: a desk to work/read, a crude bookshelf she built from scrap planks laying around, several cabinets and a bed next to the window in the corner of the room. Overall, the room had a cozy, open feel to it. In her spare time, she could either read or study up from whatever books she managed to scavenge on medicine and treatment. In the future, she thought of adding another bed in her room, just in case.

With her room and several others squared away, Sera went to work on setting up an infirmary in one of the bigger rooms on the first floor. She needed a place to store her medical supplies if she ever got lucky enough to find anything. And if anyone got hurt, which is inevitable, they would have a place with readily accessible supplies. It would take a hell of a long while to get the idea going though. Maybe she could get Jackson to help?

As she was walking through the halls, exploring more of the higher stories of the building, Sera heard audible thuds and whams coming from Jackson's room. She slowly walked over to the door, wondering what he could be doing. She knocked a couple times, not too hard, and opened the door to see him giving a punching bag a good one-two.

"Bet the punching bag will win." Sera said with a little smile.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Snow
latest

Waking up she looked around the room Sera had lovingly made for her. Snow at the end of the battle and after a conversation with The Fifth, was filled with a new resolve not to let any of her friends get hurt anymore by her powers. She had nearly succumbed to the Blood Song's draw and knew that if she didn't get a handle on it, she would surely be seduced. Her friends would no longer be safe around her and she would most likely have to be killed. Her ability was too dangerous to let loose in this power hungry world. Not when they had a mission. Regroup and destroy The One gang. Vira was their informal leader in this mission, a title she didn't like. But the foul mouthed woman had grown used to them all and Snow had even stopped being so scared of her. Vira was someone she wished she could be. Tough, strong, independent... All the things Snow wasn't. Well she was training to be those things. Leaving her room, Snow saw Sera standing in the doorway to Jackson's bedroom. She smiled a bit. Those two were as close as ever. Her mind drifted to her lost love... a sigh escaped her mouth. "I'm going outside to practice." She called out. This was routine for the small young woman. Leaving in small dress that wouldn't shred when her thorns came out of her legs and arms, she went outside of the building and looked at the land before her. Very few people dared live close to a gangs headquarters so when this group had taken over, no one was really around much to say anything about it. There were a few shacks where people tried to get by, eating whatever trash they could find. To get a drink you had to travel to Svitch, the town which was now destroyed.

Snow walked out into an empty barren field, looking around to make sure no one was watching as she tied up her blonde hair in a ponytail and breathed out slowly. The first step to controlling her powers were the thorns. They sprouted out whenever she was scared or nervous or if they sensed great power. But if she could control when they came out then maybe she could make sure she never accidentally blood bonded with anyone.

She closed her eyes, picturing the evil gang members who had chased her. Nothing. She tried picturing the fear when Patrick had been fighting and ripping apart men with his bare hands. Nothing... Snow opened her eyes and frowned. Usually the smallest spike in unease and her thorns came shooting out. What was happening?

Mentions: Syphe Syphe Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | Abandoned Base

Mentions: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

7 DAYS PRIOR...
Kaia’s heels pounded the cracked pavement. "I never should have left Ryuji..." Smoldering hunks of what were once buildings rained down all around her. "...What was I thinking...?!" The ground trembled violently as the giant continued to crush anything and anyone who got close. "Where is the forest?!" she practically screamed in her mind, coughing and frantically scanning her surroundings for some sign of greenery, "I have to get out of here...!!" In her sheer panic, she only barely caught wind of a sort of whistling noise swiftly approaching from behind until a searing pain pierced her left side. She cried out again in agony as the sharp end of a small piece of shrapnel protruded from her person. Gripping the steel, she stumbled, a small trickle of blood running down her leg and dripping to the ground. The wound wasn’t immediately fatal, though it had definitely made contact with a couple lower ribs. The fact that she was still breathing, however, was a good sign that it at least hadn’t pierced her lung. "Ryuji?! Sera!!" She cried out, falling to her knees. A loud groan rippled through the air as the shack next to her gave way and pinned her to the road. With a sickening thud, Kaia’s skull cracked against the pavement. Her world went dark.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
CURRENT DAY...
Faint sunlight made its way through the dim window of the bedroom and fell across a young woman lying in an old cot. Her lengthy pale blue hair was strewn about the pillow, one side of her long bangs braided while the other had been pulled out and cut jagged during the battle for the village. Beads of sweat formed on her furrowed brow, her face twisted into one of pain. The past few days, she’d seemingly been stable in some type of coma, but now her breathing was heavy and her teeth gritted together as she appeared to be in some sort of fever dream. The initial dose of antibiotics given to her was a good measure to fight against infection, but they had quickly been used up and the girl’s frail body, already weakened from months on the run, was now doing everything it could to keep from succumbing. Due to the location of the injury, Kaia's form fitting long-sleeved shirt had to be cut away in order to treat the wound, so her upper body was completely wrapped in gauze, leaving only her arms, shoulders, and a small section of her stomach exposed. Kaia’s bandaged upper torso heaved up and down, a dark maroon splotch soaking the gauze where she had been pierced by debris. She clenched fistfuls of the sheets beneath her, and her skin was hot to the touch. If you listened closely, you would be able to hear her softly murmur the word “Sky” under her breath every so often.

Last edited:
fxeOZRw.png

"Go! GO VIRA! GO!" the blonde girl was screaming at her, pushing the black-haired girl towards the hall. The building around them creaked and groaned and hissed and roared. Orange lights lit up the entire area, flames licked, and fire raged, crinkling up walls, eating through objects like desks and shelves. The entire building shook, painfully growling, hot, blackened smoke rolling through the room they were in. Both girls coughed at the black, heavy clouds. People were moving through the building behind them.

"Vira! Go!!! I'll hold them off!"
"Ellie..-!"
She shook her head, "I can do it! Let me protect you for once!" Her voice was hoarse, pleading, her eyes glittering with something Vira wasn't sure what.
The dark-haired girl looked from her sister to the hallway behind them, hearing the oncoming voices from their pursuers. This mission had gone sideways! It was the worst mission the two had ever been on. Vira knew that. Looking around, her power was going off like crazy. Red flares and inner horns blowing all around her. The building, on fire, was collapsing, crushing in on itself. She could feel the immediate, intense danger they were in.
"GO!" Ellie screamed, shoving Vira towards another door. "I'll be right behind you! -Go!"

Vira turned and fled, just as she heard the men entered the room, their voices carrying behind her, "There you are, bitch!" Sizzles and charges lit up the room behind her, as she ran out into the hall. Pausing out there, Vira stood there breathing heavily, trying to think straight, through the bombardment of her own power. "Eeep!" she squeaked suddenly, when some of the roof fell beside her, flames licking at the small dark-haired girl standing there. That gave her the push; Vira ran forward.

"Gotcha!" the man growled, leaping from a room, wrapping his arms around Vira's shoulders, lifting her up off the ground, the girl screaming and kicking. She had felt the danger flash in her head, but it had felt like the rest and confused her. This entire building was sending her power blaring everywhere and all danger was being seen as a mass of red all around her. She hadn't known someone was in her way -and would grab her. "AHHH!! L-let me go! Y-you idiot!! Th-the building it-it's.. It's on fire, it's gunna come crashing down!"

"Shut up girly! You've ruined what I had here, now you're gunna pay!" Still with his arm around her, his other hand lifted up, an intricate, fancy sword in it.

Vira's eyes saw the blade, gleaming dangerously above her, she could feel the power from it, she could feel how it would end her life quickly. She kicked and struggled, but a little girl was no match for this strong man. Suddenly the roof came crashing down, smashing the man holding her, sending Vira falling forward. "Oof!! Ughh~!" the girl groaned, opening her eyes. "Aghh *koff koff* ack!" she heckled, smoke stinging her eyes, filling her lungs. She tried to get up, wincing in pain. Looking back at her leg, it had a cut straight down it, red leaking everywhere. Moving, the pain let her know she wouldn't be able to walk.

The man who had been about to kill her, lay beneath a pile of burning rubble, unmoving. His sword laying there, beside Vira. She reached over, grabbing the blade. Just grabbing it... it felt.. it felt better. Like she was given.. a new second wave of strength. "Nhhggh!" the little girl grunted, pushing the blade into the ground, pushing herself up, and getting to her feet, leaning on the sword. "Nhng!" She grunted, moving forward, stabbing the blade into the ground, limping towards the door that was open, leading towards the outside.

Moments later, the dark-haired girl fell, collapsing in the cool grass, the dark sky overhead, lit up by oranges and reds. Turning around, she leaned up, looking towards the burning building, smoke rising off of it like a volcano. Flames were eating it from every angle. "Ellie.. Ellie.. please.. Ellie.." she murmured, biting her lip, tasting ash and soot. Then suddenly the building growled out, and collapsed in on itself. It completely fell to the ground, razed, a huge pyre of flames all that remained. Vira's eyes were wide, her heart stopped. Suddenly tears fell, and the little girl leaned back, releasing a loud eerie wail to the dark heavens above.

~=~=~=~

Vira sat up, throwing the covers off of her. Breathing heavily, she adjusted to the morning light that was seeping into this room, she commandeered, from the windows. She yanked the covers completely off of her, sitting there in her underwear, her black hair splayed all over the place. Drawing in a breath, she settled down, hand coming up to rub on her temples. "Ugh, shitty nightmare," she murmured.

Lucca Malkovich
Rural Town - Bar​

He'd slipped away. It was about five days ago and it was easy. No one was watching, and surely, no one would have even realize he was gone, such was his abnormality. He had traveled west and arrived at a town, a small town, and it was at this point his scavenged rations had been used up.

No choice, he though, as he began looking for work, he needed to find replacements for the guns he had lost as well, though he would have rather done it at a larger town where work are more plentiful and he had more to choose from, he'll just have to save up enough here before moving on to the next town.

At the moment, he works at a bar as a waiter, it's not much, but it's work. But still, he can't help but be nervous. How many times now had troubles began at a bar? Too many, that's the answer. Well, hopefully nothing happens during his stay.

Ryuji Nakamoto

The past week had been a literal hell for Ryuji. He'd been stabbed, slashed, crushed, impaled and poisoned all within forty-eight hours of one another. Ever since he decided to just tag along with the group out of his flirtatious desire shit had hit the fan. But here he was, sitting in a room with his new robe, his mask, his box full of throwing needles and nothing else. Why hadn't he started back up on his mission? He was to assassinate and remove people of importance from the WG. That was why he'd crossed the entire planet, but now his flight of fancy had left him in a state of disarray. Patting at his stomach, Ryu let out a heavy sigh. The discoloration from being impaled and having to heal all of his organs was gone, but it was still a little tender. Nightshade had nearly killed him with that one. "Who'd have thought that even my body ran the risk of dying?" He chuckled at the thought of being dead. It was a very welcome idea.

Then he had to deal with the two things that haunted him in life. The other version of himself and his late lover. "Bringing up those memories is worth that drinking three gallons of sake straight." Ryu muttered before finally pushing himself to his feet and heading out into the hall. He decided to check on Lilac. The little ice abnorm that seemed to have started warming up to him when the shit show began. As he entered the room he watched as she tossed and turned. He thought about holding her hand, possibly trying to calm her in her sleep, but a vision of things long since passed stopped him as he started to move. Shaking his head he walked around until he found Sera. "Hey, Lilac seems to be unsettled by something." He muttered to her. "I'm going out for a bit." With that he walked down the stairs and outside for the woods. If anyone asked him what he was doing, he'd just tell them he was training.

Scarlett O'Hare
Scarlett had enjoyed the last week. Her abnormality had come into use as everyone cleared out the base. Massive objects with tremendous weight found themselves chunked far away from the base as if they were toys. It had been a bit different as well. Nobody in the group hit her when she made a mistake or got in the way. They asked her opinion on the food. And she'd started to feel like she actually belonged somewhere in the group. "It's....good.....to have......family." She mumbled to herself as the words slowly worked out of her mouth. She had come to like the first floor the best. There was less chance of her breaking something down here with all the room. She watched as the red-headed male left without a word. The sullen look on his face was something he'd shown a lot over the week.

Scarlett quickly found herself bored without something to do and went outside. The last fight had taught her that her strength wasn't enough. She had to figure out ways to apply it properly. So, with her axe in hand she started to make her way towards the river. It was quite the journey, but as she approached the river's edge Scarlett smiled. "Train." She muttered before kicking off her boots and stepping into the ankle deep water. Holding onto her spear she felt every muscle in her body tense. She placed the tip of the spear into the water and stared down the river. "EY!" She cried out as she swung the blade up with all her might. Normally, the swing would've been enough to throw the girl's weight off balance and send her tumbling into the river. This time she felt herself start to fall and tightened her muscles, fighting the momentum. She needed speed and control, the only ways to get that were practice. So she planned on doing everything she could during their break. She'd be a damn good guard dog, even if it nearly killed her.

Mentions: Tyra Tyra
Interactions: Syphe Syphe

Jackson was breaking into a sweat as he began to punch faster and faster until he was interrupted by a familiar voice. "Bet the punching bag will win." He then slammed his right fist into the bag and turned around leaving a sizeable dent in the bag.
"Its' called a Phyrric Victory Sera," Jackson began. "It may have won, but it certainly won't forget me now will it?" Jackson finished with a grin on his face. "So what's up exactly anyway? You finding the base ok so far?" Before he continued however, Snow interjected briefly to say that she was going out to practice. Jackson simply waved and said, "Be careful Snow, don't go too far." Watching her walk away, he was about to continue, but Ryuji spoke in Sera's ear quietly about something, but it didn't bother him all that much. Ryuji then walked away leaving Jackson and Sera standing in the doorway to Jackson's room. He then gained a puzzled face as he looked at Sera, "Something on your mind Sera?"
Syphe Syphe littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Two figures crested the hill just south of the imposing structure, the larger of the two paused as they came into view, "one of these days your gonna have to tell me how you get your information" Patrick Oglethorpe rumbled in his usual low gruff tone. The large man turned from the building to eye his companion expectantly, the person with him was tall for a woman only an inch or two shorter than himself and while no one would consider her beautiful she was stricking. Her face was hard and serious, and that was backed up by a body no less hardened with muscle. Even with that she had somehow managed to fill out in all the right places, Patrick knew that from recent experience.

Despite that, Patrick still didn't fully trust that woman, she went by Third, he couldn't, she was a warden. A group of high functioning sociopaths obsessed with something they called the balance. To top it off all five of them were linked on some mental level he didn't fully understand, and Patrick Oglethorpe did not like not understanding something.

So he couldn't trust Third, not completely, but that didn't mean he didn't respect her. Out of all the wardens Third was the one he had connected with, she was a soldier just like him, willing to follow orders almost pathologically. That meant he could trust her a little at least more than any of the others.

After another couple of seconds Patrick shrugged, she'd have to tell him eventually, that was in the terms of they're contract. He turned stiffly adjusted the sling that held his left arm firmly against his chest and headed down the hill.

As he drew closer Patrick saw a familiar face standing stock still in the middle of a field and veared forward the small white haired woman. He made no sound and stayed behind the woman as he approached to less then fifteen feet from her. He stopped and cleared his throat loudly, unsure what Snow's reaction to seeing him would be.

littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

"It's called a Phyrric Victory Sera." Declares Jackson as he rams his fist into the punching bag, leaving behind a remarkable dent.

"Would it be still, even if that's the whole point of its existence?" Sera chuckled, resting a hand on her hip. "Still though, you left a pretty nasty mark on it. Impressive! Ah, but it's probably child's play isn't? Why not put cinder blocks inside?"

"I'm going outside to practice!" Called out
Snow as she made her way outdoors.

Sera looked over her shoulder and watched Snow walk downstairs, briefly worrying if she would be okay going outside -- and what she meant by practice. Jackson called out in response telling her not to go too far, and Sera followed suite in letting her know to come back if anything goes wrong.

A few moments later, the striking red-robed flirt come walking by. At first Sera didn't pay him too much attention -- it was probably vice versa as well since there were other more attractive ladies to occupy his time -- but he did have something to say that really grabbed Sera's attention. One: Lilac, whom is most likely Kaia. And two: he was going out. It was nearly too soon for him to be walking around after being impaled AND poisoned at the same time! Spinning around, she wanted to urge him back to bed, but she held her tongue, for now. He had potent regenerative capabilities. Right now, she should go check on Kaia.

What could be as naturally unclean as random, sharp debris? With only a few anti-biotics left, Sera did what she could to offset the risk of infection, but total avoidance would require a miracle. Pursing her lips, Sera answered Jackson's question.

"...Yeah. It's a couple things. With hardly a sad excuse of a medical supply, it get's tricky to help the wounded. I should go check on Kaia."

With that, Sera turned to leave. "Maybe afterwards we could have a real card game. Hope you still have that deck of cards."

Arriving at Kaia's room after a short walk, Sera softly opened the door so as to not disturb her already disturbed sleep. She was hoping that the fever wouldn't be too bad but disease don't care. The bandages over her injuries were reddened as well; it's going to need changing soon. Though before that cam happen, Sera needed to somehow bring down the fever and calm Kaia. So with some water from her near empty canteen, she placed a damp piece of cloth on her forehead and gently stroked her hair as she waited by her bedside.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
Tyra Tyra

Last edited:
Vira

fxeOZRw.png

"Ungh..." the woman groaned, shifting on the bed. She looked down at herself, bruised in the front. Minor cuts reopened with fresh blood glistening red. 'Minor', but they still gave her enough pain she had to move tenderly. Harbinger's wind was nasty. She wondered what he could do if he wasn't just playing around. "Frickin' great," Vira grumbled, not amused. Getting up out of the bed, she moved off to the side room to go wash up, and re-bandage her wounds.

Moments later, she was exiting the washroom, looking to finally "get up". People were noisy, she heard them moving down in the lower floors. Throwing on a loose shirt, Vira threw open the fancy set of doors that lead into the best room in the building. She walked towards the staircase and descended the tower, wearing nothing but that loose white dress shirt and her underwear. It was a man's, left over from the previous inhabitants -there was a lot of clothes here actually. Most of them men's, though. If she were to guess, it belonged to the big man himself 'The One', as it was seemingly made for a rather plump individual. On her it looked almost like a dress, and she had it bound to her by a few buttons up top. Her face washed, had her same plain frown on it. Her hair was untied, black locks loosely shifting around with each step.

Eventually, she found the kitchen area. "Nhgnh.. here sumwher..." she grumbled, rummaging around the place. "Of course!" she chimed, spotting the appropriate appliance; finally, she popped open the fridge, and there sizzling in the chill was what she was looking for! -The place still had some electricity coursing through it, since the gang that had occupied it made sure they lived in comfort. They also had left all sorts of stuff behind, including alcoholic beverages! And of course quite a bit of food. Snatching out a cold one, she popped the cap, hearing it jingle when it hit the hard floor. Vira immediately brought the cold, brown water to her lips, drinking it down. Gulping a few fresh gulps of booze, she yanked it away from her mouth, "Sssaahhhh!!~" she breathed contentedly, a raunchy smile on her lips. "Goddamn, these gang members fuckin' knew what is what, I swear," she purred. A few steps brought her out of the kitchen area, pushing open a door, and stepping out into the world beyond. The dark-haired woman shielded her eyes from the sun as it was rising in the sky. "Ssgah.. trying to blind me or what?" she grumbled, peeking from the shade of her hand. She brought the beer bottle up to her mouth again and took another swig.

Henry’s eyes began to slowly open as the morning light pierced through his window and shined over him. A deep and heavy yawn managed to escape his lips as he began to stretch his body out. After making his bed he began to do his normal hygiene routine and fixed his hair. Spiking it forward while keeping a natural flow with it just the way he liked it. He threw on a normal black T-shirt and blue jeans that fit a little loosely around his waist forcing him to wear a black belt. He tucked in his shirt and made sure his pants were properly on his waist to show how to dress like a man for young Alexander as it seemed he liked to sag his pants which he found to be indecent. It had been a long couple of weeks for him as he had been keeping a close eye on a certain individual and his group of misfits. They were known as The One gang and they seemed to be highly unfriendly. Why he spied on them he had no idea. While he was strong he knew himself that he couldn't take out a group of powerful abnorms himself. He kept his home at least three miles away from their base of operations and often snuck out at night while his siblings were fast asleep to ensure they didn't send any patrols close to his area. As well as to prevent his siblings from worrying about him. He was curious of them. They were undeniably different from The Prophets, but at the same time still gave him an uneasy feeling. It wasn't until one night where his curiosity peaked at its most. The night where he saw them pack up and leave. Only to have several more people show up out of nowhere and seemingly claim the base as their own. He wasn't sure rather or not they were friendly and if the reason why the gang left was because of them. He needed to be sure. Having friendly company for once seemed like a great idea. Plus his Siblings could work on their social skills while interacting with them.

But first Henry needed to take care of business first. His siblings would be waking up soon and their empty bellies should never go unfed. Making his way into the kitchen he began to make their favorite chocolate chip pancakes that craved every morning. It was simple to make though he was deciding on whether or not to start making them eat a little healthier in the mornings. He was already strict about them eating their vegetables and carefully balanced their meals during lunch and dinner, but he never got the same warm smiles like he did in the morning. It was nice to see such loving smiles in the morning as it motivated him throughout the rest of the day. "One day I'll get them to start liking healthy foods" he said chuckling to himself as he poured the sweet syrup over their breakfast. He was concentrating on not putting to much until his legs were met with a heavy tackle causing him to spill tons of syrup over their pancakes. Looking back he saw the happy smiles of his little siblings which, while a bit agitated they made him pour more syrup, gave a warm smile back and picked them up into his arms. "Are my little knuckleheads ready to eat" he said laughing while hugging them tightly. They responded with thrilled head nods as they hugged him back before sitting down to eat together. Henry often corrected them on their table manners, but felt a little lenient after the syrup incident and seeing how he would be leaving for a short time. After they finished Henry explained that he would be leaving for a little bit to grab supplies and that he would be right back. He made sure every door and window was latched and told the kids to not let anyone in while he was gone.

Henry left hastily towards the base where the newcomers had claimed as their own. He begin devising a plan on how he would have “accidentally” stumbled across their base. Though it seemed he would have to pretend to play the part of a human traveler in order to let their guard down. While he wasn’t the fondest of playing the role of someone weak due to his pride it was necessary for him should something go horribly wrong. As he reached the base he attempted to remain hidden. Though to his large bulky size he was limited to what exactly he could blend in with. He begin examining the building a bit more closely as the only other time he got a view was at night. He began to memorize certain details about it such as escape routes, any weakness in certain structure points, and how would Alexander and Raven would react to living in such a nice place. His concentration was, however, interrupted by a strange woman coming outside. She wore a shirt that was much too large for her. He eventually came out of hiding attempting to put on his most fragile face as he weakly waved to her. “H-hello there” He said weakly sounding like a less masculine version of himself.

Mentions: Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

The Third

The Third projection of The Warden, its core personality seem to be principally on the arts of cunning and strategy. Obedient and sincere, a soldier that seeks the same as the rest - Balance. A mele-fighter that uses her sword and all there is to it to confront the front-line of the enemy. The only time she ever used a ranger weapon was years ago in which she had to take the bunker on where The Wardens live.

She looks young, if she had not much of a beautiful face she backed that up with a powerful presence, direct and serious. Of the Five Wardens, she is the most devoted to the mission and thus making of her the most resilient to pain. Even then she would rather choose to retreat from a battle she could win rather than die in vain.

The Third Warden
She did not have answer for Patrick, not yet. As the both arrived to the top of the hill, she knew the information was correct regardless of sight-confirmation of the target. The Five Warden were capable to sense Abnorms with threatening levels of power. The true reason for her being there was not because of that matter, in fact was because Patrick. She found as if he had some sort of connection through her, one she did comprehend through her core personality. Sometimes, he would forget she was actually just an illusion of a personality.

None of the sentimentalist matters her, regardless. Being real or just an illusion - There is only one objective to it all. The Second maybe would have more philosophical answers to the questions that Patrick raises from time to time, the Fifth would sometimes even ask them, the young adventurer... The first? No... The First wouldn't even care to sow doubts on his mind, to be restricted by controversy; he would only seek to fulfill The Balance like personal vendetta to the world.

That is when Patrick found Snow, the Third knew her through the Fifth - though little he knew of her true potential. She said nothing as she stood next to Patrick, always her hand next to the hilt of her sword, she stared down at her pity pale form and made a step back considering the two were about to have a meeting of some sort. After all, Patrick weakness for children was what lead him, for the first time, to aid her cause; The Warden's cause.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry

Snow
Interacting with: Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
gb3rK5_JDC-w4cjyCdwnpuAJnP4.gif

Snow huffed in frustration as she kept her eyes closed, trying to make her thorns come out on just her arms. Her blood sung to her, said she was powerless, sweetly whispered of the foolishness in her newfound quest to be a protector. “Stop it. I...I can control you. I am safe.” She was safe. For the first time she had friends she could count on. Her blood wanted her to only rely on her, and pulled away, refusing to listen. “Come out, come out, come out!” She opened her eyes in frustration and kicked at the dirt before freezing.

The song in her blood sung softly, alerting her to a powerful presence. It may not want to aid her but it still wished for a blood bond, it always wished for a blood bond. Snow held her arms against her sides as she turned around to look at who was behind her. A smile spread over her mouth as she looked at Patrick. She hadn’t seen him since the end of the battle… the Wardens having taken him somewhere. Behind him, one of them stood. Snow didn’t know who this one’s name was. She had only remembered the name of the Fifth. Looking at the woman, Snow nodded her head in a sign of greeting. She felt uncomfortable at having been stumbled upon when she was trying to work on her ability. “Patrick… your arm is still hurt huh?” She said softly, stepping forward with her arms still around her. She dared not hug him in greeting for she was nervous. Normally her thorns would be out by now… but they simply brushed against her skin from the inside.

“I see you are with the Wardens… are you… are you back for good now? We um, we have a room for you. I- um we all missed you.” She whispered, looking at the ground and at her scuffed shoes. She had finally found a pair small enough for her feet. Her eyes narrowed in on the second’s hand on her sword and her blood sung loudly in her ears of a threat, pushing her thorns out finally. Snow took a step back, the opposite of what her blood wanted her to do.

“Um hi there, I believe we met before… which um… which one are you?” She asked softly, hoping the warriors before her did not see her as any kind of threat. Surely Patrick would not but if he had been hanging out with the wardens… Snow was left in doubt of her friend...something she did not like.

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

Thinking she was feeling something strange -this odd sensation that she knew to be 'something's coming', Vira was cautiously watching the surrounding treeline, sipping tenderly at her beer. Relaxing a bit more, she was in full-swig of the alcoholic beverage, when someone popped out confirming what she had thought. Spying him with one eye on the side of the bottle, she lifted it up higher to down the rest. Wrenching it away from her lips, Vira drew in a breath, before she casually flicked the bottle away, hearing the glass shatter somewhere off in the woods. It possibly hit a tree! Holding up a finger indicating 'just a moment', she disappeared back inside. Only for a brief moment though, appearing once more holding another bottle. Flicking the cap off, the woman took another swig, quicker this time. "Pahh!" she sighed, pulling it from her lips. She wiped her mouth on her shirt's sleeve, then finally addressed the man. Harshly, she asked, "What do you want?!"
Drook Drook

Jackson frowned when Sera suggested Cinder blocks as a target. "It's less about training your power and more about training your technique. Technique allows you to fight better than just simply swinging around aimlessly. He then listened to her mention the sad state of their medical supplies and how they should procure more. He then grinned at the mention of cards, "I'll hold you to that you know!" he called out to Sera as she left his doorway. Heading back inside, he grabbed a ratty cloth and wiped his forehead with it before putting it back where it was. Sighing loudly, there wasn't all that much to do around here except train, eat, and sleep. Those things would have kept old WG Jackson happy in addition to the other things you could find in an encampment. However, thinking about that made him miss his parents and wonder how they were doing and if they had been found out yet. Closing the door and laying on his bed, he took a small swig from his flask and then laid there thinking about the events before. ~If I'm able to do that much damage and still be classified as a B, what would I look like classified as an A?
Syphe Syphe

-= KAIA WINTERS =-
Fugitive | Abnorm | Abandoned Base

Mentions: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven , @ anyone within earshot of Kaia's bedroom

Kaia couldn’t see anything…feel anything…it was if she was just floating…amidst a never-ending black void. Wait…no, there was something. Dim at first, but it was definitely there. A light in the distance. Growing brighter slowly but surely. Then her bare feet touched something…cold, clammy…yet sturdy. It seemed to be a metal floor. It felt…familiar somehow. The next thing she knew, she was walking down a narrow corridor. It was as if time had no rules here. Each moment melded together and folded in on itself. The same metal making up the floor covered the walls on either side as she walked on, only the muffled tap of her heels against steel. Every few feet, a glowing rectangular neon light fixed to the corridor wall illuminated her path. Up ahead there were…two dark figures? Yes, of this she was sure. Two people…a man and a woman. Subconsciously, Kaia’s stride quickened. “I know these people…how…?” As she grew closer, one more figure appeared, this one similar to the man, yet younger and skinnier. Her heart began to thump in her chest. “…Mom…Dad…Devin…!” At this point, Kaia’s arms were pumping furiously at her sides as she broke into a full on run, yet she never seemed to be getting closer to the figures, who now were opening their arms wide to welcome her. The hallway seemed endless. “…one is missing….where….where is Skylar…?” At this thought, a cold, sweaty panic touched her heart, and she cried out. “Sky! Skylar?! Sky, where are you?!” At that moment, an eerie, soft but incomprehensible whisper met Kaia’s ears from behind, stopping her dead in her tracks. Whipping around 180 degrees, she saw the last figure she’d been seeking. “Sky…! Sky it’s me, Kai. Sky, we can go home!” she practically shouted with joy, turning back in order to motion to the figures of her parents and brother ahead. But what she saw then wasn’t her family… The once human figures morphed into four-legged creatures now barreling down the hallway toward her. As they neared, she realized they were large, savage dogs, bearing white, glistening teeth producing a growling howl that sent shivers down her spine. “No….no, no!!” Swiftly turning on her heel, Kaia sprinted off down the hallway in the direction she had originally come from toward the shadowy image of her sister, Skylar. “Sky, run! RUN!” she demanded, yet the figure didn’t move. The dogs were so close, nipping at her heels. She could feel their hot breath on the back of her legs. All of a sudden, she found herself careening toward the ground, making contact with her shoulder and sliding a good couple feet. Gasping for the air that had been knocked out of her, she looked down at her ankles only to find them bound in metal chains. “No…,” she whispered breathlessly, “…it…it can’t be…!” Gripped by pure terror, she whipped her gaze back in Skylar’s direction. “Sky, get out of here! You have to escape!!” she cried, but still the silent silhouette didn’t move. Then almost instantaneously, the figure was at her side, breathing hoarsely in her ear, “…there is no escape…” The Skylar shadow left as quickly as it had come. Kaia thrashed violently, trying to break the chains that bound her ankles, but now there were shackles on her wrists and neck as well. It seemed the more she fought, the more she felt restrained. Looking up, the next thing she saw brought tears to her violet eyes. There HE was. The one who had enslaved her and her sister. The one who had taken advantage of her parents’ deaths for his own personal gain. The abnorm who preyed on his own kind. The gang’s chief, his eyes glowing red hot with a firm hand on Skylar’s shoulder. “Silly Kaia…,” he rumbled in a low tone, “Have you forgotten?” Reaching out, he gripped the chain dangling from her neck and yanked her close until they were face to face. He stroked her hair in a gentle yet sadistic manner before firmly grabbing her jaw and forcing her to look him in the eye, a crooked smile streaking across his face from ear to ear. “You belong to me…”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

At first, Kaia seemed to calm at Sera’s ginger touch. Her forehead where the damp cloth had touched her cooled drastically, and for some odd reason, the cloth had completely dried, as if the water had literally been sucked out of it. Then things took a turn for the worse. Kaia’s mild whimpering and tossing suddenly became violent as she thrashed on the cot. “No….no! NO!” she cried, jerking away from Sera’s gentle hand on her head. After several moments of this, her eyelids shot open, revealing glazed-over violet irises and dilated pupils stricken with terror and anger all at the same time. Yet, there was something different about them. It was almost as if they had a purplish white glow to them, and though they locked onto her caretaker, it was as if she wasn’t really seeing Sera. Her eyes narrowed into almost slits, a lock of pale blue hair falling across her face. “Get your filthy hands off me!!” she screamed, her hand latching onto Sera’s arm, gripping tightly and pushing the group's medic backward off the cot. At this point, anyone in the abandoned base would be able to hear the high-pitched racket coming from the bedroom. An instantaneous chill filled the air around the two female abnorms, causing their breath to come out in white puffs, and Kaia’s hand gained the same pale glow that shone in her eyes. A cold mist seemed to emanate from Kaia’s iron grip, while ice crystals began to ripple across Sera’s arm where Kaia had hold of her. They were tiny in size, but they were continuing to grow and if allowed to continue, they would most certainly cause frostbite if not worse. “You may have brainwashed my sister…but I NEVER belonged to you and I NEVER WILL!” Kaia hissed, “I WILL get her back! And I’ll do it over your dead body…” At this point, the situation seemed clear…Kaia's nightmare had become her reality. And if she didn’t snap out of it, things were about to get a lot worse for them both. Already in her sharp movements, she’d torn out her stitching and the gauze along her side was now soaked in bright, crimson blood. Her entire body trembled and a droplet of sweat ran down the side of her face across the various minute scratches she’d received when the village shack had collapsed on top of her.

Last edited:
Patrick raised his good hand, palm out in a placating gesture, showing clearly that he meant no harm. "No the injuries I got from the battle healed days ago this is something new" he rumbled a quick flash of approval for her caution appearing in his eyes. Apparently the battle had driven home how naive she was and how dangerous that was to her. However the fact that she was cautious now suggested that she didn't trust him like she used to and trust was essential for what he and the wardens had planned.

That thought was confirmed a couple of seconds later when the young woman eyed third and bloody thorns burst through her skin. Very specifically not looking at third the big man shifted the massive pack off his shoulders and dropped it to the ground with a thud, I wouldn't say I'm with the Wardens we have an understanding, he said as he rummaged through the pack. After a moment he grunted and pulled a roll of gauze bandages out holding out for Snow to take saying, yes I'm back for good, otherwise there wouldn't have been a reason for me to waist money on a peace offering for loudmouth.

littleberry littleberry ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Mentions Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

The Wardens

The Third Warden
"I am Third. You are Snow - We know you." she responded as she looked at the offer Patrick gave to her and explained the whole situation to the young one, mostly how Patrick was not with them but just working with them for the time being, "It seems our reputation continues to-" she thought for the next words as she looked back to him, "-make us Popular." she released the hilt of her sword as she nodded, "The Fifth is the young lad with the bow and arrow. He had to go back to our base for training..." for some reason, she felt Snow would not be able to understand why Fifth and The Rest have to train in combat.

She then looked forward into the Base they all had usurped and began to wonder how many of them remained within. She was able to sense Vira, hell it was like feeling the anger of The First crawling within her. She was chaotic, untamed without resolve or devotion to anything. However it was not on The Third's plans to attack her, even if The Wardens continued to debate to which point Patrick and The Warden's partnership was useful.

She stayed by Patrick's side, regardless. She lacked of a reason to move from his side. Perhaps if she stood there long enough, people would just deal with the fact this would be the way it was going to be.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish littleberry littleberry

Snow
Interacts with: ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
Mentions: Syphe Syphe Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kiroshiven Kiroshiven

Anime-Diabolik-Lovers-Komori-Yui-Cosplay-Costume-School-Uniforms-Halloween-Party-Dress-Blazer-Vest-Skirt-Bow.jpg

Snow's gaze widened when Patrick revealed it was new. “What did you do that hurt you? Did you get in a fight? Was it a gang? Was it The One gang or Harbinger?!” Snow panicked some more, looking him over more thoroughly. She didn’t really think it was Harbinger… if it had been that powerful abnorm and it was just Patrick… he wouldn’t be here. That monster was too strong.

Her eyes shot to The Third as the woman projection introduced herself and let go of her sword. Snow’s thorns pulled in. Chewing on her lip, her eyes landed on the gauze handed to her. A small smile touched her lips remembering how he had done the same when they had first met. Even if Patrick was with the Wardens… had an understanding or whatever that meant, he was still the kind man she knew. She turned to The Third when the woman spoke of The Fifth. “Young? I thought you were all the same… I don’t really understand what it is you are but I thought you were all...one…”

Snow stopped speaking and took the gauze as she wrapped it around her arms, her brow furrowed as she bit her lip in concentration. Sera had been showing her how to do this since she was always bleeding. But Sera always did it better. Still, it was much better than what Snow used to be able to do. How she made it too tight and too loose at the same time was still a mystery. “She’ll like that. She really has...calmed down a bit. Well… not calm but, she’s used to us. I don’t think she curses at me as much as she used too and stopped calling me a useless skirt. Which is appreciated since I never really figured out what she meant by that…” Snow paused and looked at the Third standing by Patrick’s side so still and unmoving.

The warrior of a woman intimidated Snow. She would never be that strong. “But I’m glad you’re back now. I um… do you want to walk together back? I’m finished here anyways.” She added.

There was no use trying to practice control when her mind was scattered. She just needed to talk to Sera and have a laugh or two and calm down. Once she was calm then she would be able to come out here and practice once more. Snow wondered what Patrick would think of her practicing… probably not much. He didn’t truly know what her song did to her. Only Ryu and Sera (kind of) knew how she had to fight the allure of abusing her power every time she bonded with someone. Patrick’s system had been able to get rid of her blood quicker than the normal eight hours it took. The sudden loss of the bond had made Snow nearly succumb to the need in her veins. She couldn’t tell Patrick… he may not be “with” the wardens but Snow knew his relationship with them was complicated. What if he told them and they decided to hurt her… The Fifth had said they wouldn’t… but he wasn’t here right now. Things changed. Snow knew that for sure.

The woman’s mannerisms weren’t exactly how he had imagined. Though from the scent of alcohol it was most likely to be expected as she had been drinking. She seemed friendly other then chunking the bottle of alcohol with the sound of glass shattering off in the distance. He was about to speak once more until she halted him with her finger indicating for him to hold his tongue for the moment as she left. He half expected her to return with some decent clothing on only to be hit with the reality of her grabbing another bottle. “Of course” he muttered under his breath. He was about to speak once more until she took another swig which caused him to frown and made a slightly irritated face when she spoke harshly towards him. Putting the side of his fist to his mouth as he cleared his throat he made direct eye contact with her still playing the part of a simple human. While he wasn’t a fan of lying to someone it was necessary since he knew nothing about her. “Apologies for showing up out of nowhere. My town was ransacked not long ago by a group of abnormals. I’ve been wandering ever since” he said adding a grieving tone to his voice, but not too much where it would seem like he was overselling his case. “I’ve been in search of shelter and supplies for the longest time now, but have had no luck other then a couple of abandoned stores for clothing and food” he continued leaving it at that to see her reaction to his statement. He didn’t want to go into too much detail where he could possibly make mistakes by slipping up contradicting statements. He was adding a hunch to his stance to make himself appear shorted then he was and sucked in his gut to make himself look skinnier. He had to sell his case perfectly if he was going to get any information on these new strangers.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

She raised her eyebrow as the man began to speak. "What's that got to do with me?" she questioned not so nicely, when he said his village was ransacked. "Ahhh!" she mused mockingly, nodding, "Now I get." He was asking for something. Literally something. He wanted stuff.

But before she could respond in any significant way, a spark ignited in her mind. Immediately a knife flew out of the woods and she dodged to the right. While the knife sunk into the door frame, she was already in the process of running forward. "Watch out!" she shouted, shoving the man back, as a long fabric flew out of the trees, holding a knife, cutting just where the man was standing it. Luckily though, she had shoved him aside just in time. Gritting her teeth, she glared towards the trees, standing 'protectively' before the man, in a battle-ready stance.

Tela "Fashionista" Powers

f61Hnqb.jpg

"Ooo! Hehe~! Good dodge~e~e~e!" the white-haired girl sing-songed, coming out of the trees. She exposed herself, and rocked on her heels, a lengthy scarf hanging in the air beside her, holding the knife. "Hi hi! How's your morning~?" she asked, looking between the two. "I'm Fashionista! Nice to meet you two!" She chimed sweetly, hands plucking at her skirt, giving a little curtsy to the two. "And you're in our house," she stated.

"That you are." Another gruffer voice came, as a man came out of the woods beside her; he was dangerously flipping a knife in his hands. Clearly he was from The One gang. Then more men revealed themselves. More and more, surrounding the clearing. They all had scowls, frowns, and outright death-glares. Most had knives or blades, weapons of any sort, some had firearms, but hadn't yet shot. They all were The One gang. "And we want it back," he growled his next obvious statement. With that the men charged at the two, screaming loudly, and raising their weapons.

Vira reached for her sword at her side, but then realized instantly she didn't have it there -she was not in her combat attire! This left her momentarily open! Stunned she wasn't grabbing her sword for a fight. A red flash ran through her mind waking her up, and she shoved the man again, barely managing to dodge in time. She leaped back towards the door, as two blades cut where he and she had just been. She reacted instantly, lurching forward, hitting him in the side, hearing the appropriate grunt from him when she struck him. She caught his hand, and cracked it, making him scream out and drop his knife. She instantly turned and flipped him over her. Then two more flashes in her mind showed her the danger that was imminent. Vira then avoided both attacks deftly, and cut the two gang members with the new weapon she now had. Men were rushing into the open door, and Vira felt danger blare in her head like an alarm. She looked upward -there were others still inside! (Actually she thought most people still were). Anyway, they weren't prepared for people attacking, so she had to stop them!

Darting forward, Vira grabbed a man, and yanked him back, flipping him over her. He fell with a shout and a thud. Then she raced inside, and cut another man across his side. He yelped and fell over, his blood splattering on the kitchen walls. This was the time some others had entered, and they noticed she was a threat. They both attacked, but her power showed her exactly how to dodge! She ducked a cut that was aimed at her throat -which, she then retaliated by kicking the man right in the throat. The other man brought a mace down at her. She righted herself, and lurched back just in time to avoid it, hearing it smash against the tiled flooring. Her attacker appeared shocked he had missed, and looked up at her. He got one look at her, before she jabbed a fork and a knife into his eyes. He fell back screaming, knocking down other men who were scrambling through the doorway. She was able to glimpse the area quickly; many men were surrounding the place, women too. They were screaming bloody murder, causing a raucous, racing towards the base. She recognized the eye tats she could spot. The One had brought everyone back! And they were fighting to take back their base. Gunfire suddenly rang out, sending birds squawking away. Vira felt the flashes of danger just in time to duck away as bullets whizzed by and shredded the door frame and other things, sending flying wooden splinters. Then men began to filter in.

Drook Drook @ everyone

Last edited:
Jackson was minding his own business, and was about to take a nap, when he heard a loud *CLASH* as if someone was thrown against the floor followed by a loud yelp. Jumping up from his bed, he threw on his gas mask, opened the door and raced down the stairs taking 4 at a time; and almost falling over once or twice. When he got to the bottom floor it was a sight to behold. Vira, not in her combat attire was taking on a large mass of people, and doing considerably well given her circumstances. Not wanting to have her take on everyone all alone, Jackson ran forward boots squeaking and trenchcoat flapping in the air. As an enemy made their way over to Vira, Jackson sucker punched him in the gut utilizing only the first level of his Abnormality. Apparently it was still a lot to handle for this particular goon as it sent him flying into the wall with a loud *WHAM* with the goon moaning, *Wwwwuuuuuuggghhh* before falling face first into the base's concrete floor and becoming unconscious. Turning to Vira, he spoke "And I was just getting used to this place," Jackson sighed. Hitting his right fist into his left palm with an audible *thwack* he spoke, "I guess it was too good to be true huh?"
Drook Drook Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

“Get your filthy hands off me!!”

Taken aback by the sudden outburst, Sera retreated her hand from Kaia's head. It wasn't the first time she experienced something like this, but what happened next easily broke through her calm demeanor. Kaia's violet eyes shot open and stared right at her, with a look that sent chills down her spine. 'Was she actually awake? No...?' She wondered what could possibly be going through the mind of her hysterical patient, but whatever it was, it wasn't anything good! Mistaking her nightmares for reality, Kaia unleashed her subzero abilities, causing frost to appear on her arm. The sudden loss in temperature was painful, causing Sera to fall to her knees whilst attempting to free herself from Kaia. "“You may have brainwashed my sister…but I NEVER belonged to you and I NEVER WILL!” She angrily cried. "I WILL get her back! And I’ll do it over your dead body…”

And she may very well be staying true to her words. The air was getting colder and the icing was intensifying with every moment there. "K-Kaia! Snap.... snap out of it!" Sera pleaded. The muscles in her arm were losing their strength, so she won't be able to fight it for long! Something needed to happen, and fast. With her free arm, she grabbed Kaia's arm and attempted to wrestle it free, but to no avail. The grip she had was as if she had the enemy of her life within her grasp -- and release was not coming easy. Sera's heart was racing. 'What can I do? She won't wake up!' It was almost frightening to see someone that seemed nice undergo such a dramatic change, but judging by her angry words, Kaia must have been through horrible things. Taking a deep breath, Sera endured the pain and attempted to calm her down.

"Kaia! It's me, Sera! Wake up! You're safe!" Despite the unexpected strength in Kaia's grip, she slowly pushed her hand until it Kaia's cheek. By now the ice had covered even more of her forearm, but she gritted her teeth, forced a smile and fixed her gaze on Kaia's glazed, angry and terrified eyes. "Be still. You are safe with me. Safe with Sera. And your sister is safe as well."

With her free hand, Sera slowly unsheathed her knife from her belt and carefully brought it up to the bed, keeping it out of sight. Then, she took Kaia's face in both of her hands and silently hoped that she will wake up.

Tyra Tyra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back