• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark World Reboot/Restart

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
Okie!! Hi there! Im Thalia! And this is my Dark World rp! :3 im rebooting/restarting it (whatever you want to call it), cuz I love it, and my other friends love it! I copied and pasted most stuff... (practically everything lols) without looking over most of it. So if something is janky, forgive it and me ^w^
Im just putting up this new Interest Check, to see if anyone new is interested and wants to join! :D

Forgive how awful all my links look LOL XD I dont really have that supreme interest in just making them look all pretty or like artworks. All Im interested in is the rp itself <3. Regardless, if you can look passed the normal way everything looks, heres what my rp is about! ^^ ~ <3

Oh, note, I consider it "fantasy" but it technically takes place in our real world. -- Very very technically lol. (And most of the rp will take place in america)

~.~.~.~

The extreme gist of this rp is this. WW3 happened, resulting in a post apocalyptic world we call the 'Dark World'. Due to these things called 'Super Weapons'. They used a new type of energy that irradiated our world. Now in 2070, 35 years after the end of the third world war, people are/ have appeared with 'powers', 'mutations', called 'abnormalities'. These people are referred to as Abnorms.

If you want to know more -get more in depth- visit the Info page here.
Fantasy - Dark World reboot (info)

character thread!
Fantasy - Dark World reboot cs's

ooc thread!
Fantasy - Dark World reboot OOC

rp thread!
Dark World reboot RP

This is the beginning of the rp, more in depth! ^^

What is our Dark World:

Our World, year 2070 a.d. 35 years after the end of the third World War. A war, not fought with soldiers, or even with nuclear weapons. A war fought with - Super Weapons. Weapons of a new technological age. Weapons engineered for more than mass destruction. Weapons engineered to end a war with a single, decisive, all-encompassing shot. The first of these weapons 'manufactured' by North Korea, year 2032 a.d. The super weapon dubbed the 'Godhand'. The World's first "Super-Weapon".

Powered by a new element and energy source, recently unearthed. An energy called Xidian energy. Since changed to Element X. A very powerful energy, with radiation levels off the chart. This energy was harnessed and made weapon, by its conduit the Godhand.

Year 2035 a.d.. The end of the third world war. The nations of the world raced North Korea, to create their own Super weapons, powered by this new Element X. 2035 marked the end of WWIII. Ended quickly by these Super weapons. No one learned their lesson, and they laid waste to their world. To their Earth.

Year 2035 a.d. was the year, the World went Dark... but it didn't remain that way for long.

**Just a mere five years later, 2040, someone was born. This someone was named, Zach Merk.** A caucasian male. Cute as a button. However, there was something strange about him. He wasn't human. At least not really; he had a strange abnormality. Zach Merk, was an Abnorm. The very First. Zach Merk was changed physically, by the large amounts of X radiation that covered the World. X radiation did strange things to humans. Mutated them.

Thus the Age of Abnorms began. X radiation birthed many many of these "Abnorms" all around the globe.

The world was all but destroyed. Set back to the Dark Ages, with **little to no working technology.** Humanity was in short numbers; all but wiped out.

And yet; there was a silver lining. A new step for Humanity. A new tomorrow.

What was lost when the world went Dark, was never regained, but something new came in its place. Something new and exciting. Abnormality.

Abnorms and abnormalities: Abnorms are people with powers, as plain and simple as that sounds, it is, and it isn't. Abnormalities, are those people's strange powers and gifts.

Last edited:
What kind of abnormalities are we talking about? Physical alterations like claws/wings or more magical alterations like the ability to conduct lightning within yourself? Also is there a cs page I can study other peoples cs's? also how soon can we start.... it sounds kinda silly but the last rp I started quickly crumpled and I am in a little bit of a desperate place to rp again...

What kind of abnormalities are we talking about? Physical alterations like claws/wings or more magical alterations like the ability to conduct lightning within yourself? Also is there a cs page I can study other peoples cs's? also how soon can we start.... it sounds kinda silly but the last rp I started quickly crumpled and I am in a little bit of a desperate place to rp again...
Physical alterations are rare, but they do happen. Its namely the more "magical" ones (note there isnt actual magic, in the rp, though abnormalities often look like magic).

And im working on setting up starting the rp rn :3 ill show you cs's but there from the old rp, hold on

Physical alterations are rare, but they do happen. Its namely the more "magical" ones (note there isnt actual magic, in the rp, though abnormalities often look like magic).

And im working on setting up starting the rp rn :3 ill show you cs's but there from the old rp, hold on
Awesome! So ok magical alterations is cool.... I think I have a few ideas to work with: do we choose what faction we want our character to be a part of, or is it up to you?

Awesome! So ok magical alterations is cool.... I think I have a few ideas to work with: do we choose what faction we want our character to be a part of, or is it up to you?
again "magic" doesnt exist in the rp (in the sense of what we would consider magic anyway lol) but yes otherwise :>

also as for that -if it makes sense, you can choose your "faction", but most are freelance people

heres the new cs thread
Fantasy - Dark World reboot cs's

and the previous one for reference of other old charries
Fantasy - The Dark World (characters)

So the major questions I had, are:
What exactly is the level of technology? I know the war started only 10(ish) years after the current day, but there was also a boom in technology from what I understand, and a few decades after the war where I'm not sure what happened. I understand the almost all of the electronic technology was made useless, but were there any advances in biological, chemical, or mechanical technology (or did current advances stay usable)? I understand that most of these things would be scarce since the world is still recovering. Which leads into my next question.

Whats the economy like exactly? How do people make money? There are obviously towns and cities, so they must be producing something and trading. And is there a currency that's often used? How scarce is food? What about weapons? Especially with Freefall City, (and I assume cities like it), the steam engine is a very old invention, are there factories mass producing things like guns, ammunition, canned food etc.

And Speaking of Freefall, where is it in the US? Are there a lot of attempts to immigrate there in hopes for a better life? What exactly makes it a beacon of hope?

I hope these aren't obnoxious, thank you for your time.

What exactly is the level of technology? I know the war started only 10(ish) years after the current day, but there was also a boom in technology from what I understand, and a few decades after the war where I'm not sure what happened. I understand the almost all of the electronic technology was made useless, but were there any advances in biological, chemical, or mechanical technology (or did current advances stay usable)? I understand that most of these things would be scarce since the world is still recovering. Which leads into my next question.

Whats the economy like exactly? How do people make money? There are obviously towns and cities, so they must be producing something and trading. And is there a currency that's often used? How scarce is food? What about weapons? Especially with Freefall City, (and I assume cities like it), the steam engine is a very old invention, are there factories mass producing things like guns, ammunition, canned food etc.

And Speaking of Freefall, where is it in the US? Are there a lot of attempts to immigrate there in hopes for a better life? What exactly makes it a beacon of hope?

these will take awhile to get through ^^ gimme a sec

Tech levels vary. In common areas -where most people just.. wander. Its very very poor, scarce, and non-existent in places. Like, youd be lucky for some small town to have working radios/tvs/ or even working electricity. In slightly bigger towns, theres prob some level of power, maybe.
In bigger cities -like Freefall. Theres all that stuff, and possibly more. (Freefall is pretty techy). Basically places touched by the WG have higher levels of tech, since the WG is the remnants of the previous era's (our) govt/military. And theyve either fixed tech, or theyve rebuilt from the broken/destroyed tech, tried to resalvage everything. In more special WG bases (this is technically a spoiler, but eh, not so much). They have very high levels of technology. Even going so far as to.. maybe (shh: spoiler) manipulate genetics and stuff.
So if you want tech, you find yourself a WG controlled city.

Other places with tech, are like... bigger cities that ARENT WG controlled. But these places have stolen WG tech, refitted for their purposes, or have old tech that they've rebuilt, etc. These places tend to be "rich" too. Which leads me into your next question. The economy is pretty crappy. In WG places, theres actual currency -coins made by the WG. In the rest of the world? Its whatever can be used to trade. Or its like, gold pieces, silver pieces, again whatever you can use/find. And in the bigger cities that arent WG, its a mix. They use the same sorta "currency" that the rest of the world beyond uses, but they also have WG coin circulating in the mix, thats probably stolen.

Food.. is what it is. People have been trying to make as much food as possible, namely by farming. Those food items that keep from our era are pretty valuable too. Generally WG and richer people in the world have a lot of food, while your average person out there has very little, and must scrape by. The rp will bring us to more... "richer" places. for varieties sake ^^

Weapons are built by the WG (again spoilery stuff). But crappy weapons and bullets ARE built by others roaming out there. Namely gangs put a focus on weapons.

Where is Freefall? Well its to the north, where most of the WG is. Its near the North Star -which is the WGs primary base. And yes, a lot of people do go there seeking a better life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back