• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dark Souls I OOC/chat

perhaps just tell us how we are escaping this place? we've spend sometime here and need some changes

Anyone here play Dark Souls 2? I'm only asking to spur some action in the thread maybe get some people talking. (Also I have ulterior motives)

You guys are gonna let each other out of the cells, wander the halls a bit (I'll sort of guide you guys out with my GM powers), then ultimately fight the Asylum demon. Also, Oscar will be thrown in somewhere there.

Does that help? I'll go ahead and post in the roleplay thread.

I mean like ideally that's cool and all but in practice it's flawed because we aren't driven. I love the idea of a Dark Souls roleplay but now I understand the challenges of it. Dark Souls is a game where you aren't pushed towards anything, and everything is explained in a subtle manner. In a game it's awesome but as a roleplay it creates many problems. Problems such as players not knowing what to do, because in a roleplay it's kind of hard to roleplay that you're lost and don't know what to do, you know what I mean? And even if you do, it's still even harder to roleplay that you're progressing through a level coherently when the level is extremely detailed and complicated without having to post a crap ton of posts. I think it'd have to be run like DnD in order for a dark souls RP to work, although i'm not an expert on the matter so maybe i'm wrong.

That was my original idea -- I'd post a scenario for you guys and then you guys respond accordingly in what you would do, if I granted success. Then I post another scenario, then you guys respond again, then I post another scenario etc.. For example;

Me: You wake up in a dank cell.
You: I attempt to unlock the door.
Me: It's locked.
You: Might as well wallow in my misery.
Me: Suddenly someone appears from above and drops down a key!
You: I would open the door.
Me: You open the door.
You: I would walk down the hallway.
Me: The hall ends in two paths left and right.
You: I would take the left path.
Me: A Black Knight runs up on you and stabs you. You die and respawn at the cell.

Of course, it would be significantly more detailed than that, but that was my original gist. But, then said format wasn't being followed, so I just rolled with it.

That sound like a dnd format, somewhat.
Now I am just wandering the hall with another undead though. So when all of us are out something will happen?

Yeah. First you'll encounter a bonfire, then after another hallway or two (and a wrecking ball), you'll face the butt demon.

Do you guys wanna follow said format? I'm all up for it if you are.

NAME: San The Thief
NATIONALITY: Ariandel
FACECLAIM:
tVGG_16531.jpg

HEIGHT: 6 ft 8 in
WEIGHT: 134
BUILD:slim
TALENT: adaptive in combat (it lets him change his fighting style in combat but not instantly it would need to take a tiny bit)
PREFERRED WEAPON: his dual daggers
STRENGTHS: extremely agile, and quick reflexes
WEAKNESSES: cant use have heavy weapons, low strength, and
PERSONALITY: calm, brave, strong willed, kind, and determined.
BACKGROUND: San wasn't a very welcomed person because of his unusual kindness which meant that he wanted something some people would just not interact with him while others that did would start a fight with him which caused him a lot of pain when he fought back once it was the king he got thrown into jail and after that the shops started to not let him shop thats when he started to steal which gave him the name San The Thief
after some time the people of Ariandel found out he was. A undead not really caring about it he just left his homeland that was suffering from it for thou st who doesn't seekth fire shale become hollow
OTHER NOTES OF INTEREST: he has scars on his body that emit black smoke when he is using magic​

dont know what else to put​

Ok, this is just some meaningless banter but jesus christ! These characters! 6ft 8in, and on top of that, 134 lbs?!?!?!?!? Either people don't know standardized weights and heights, or they just have insane expectations for fantasy characters. 134lbs is low for even like a 6 ft person. Like extremely low actually, I can't imagine what this guy looks like. Probably 0 muscle or fat on that bih.

Also, eyyy dark souls 2 pic that's lit af.

Also also, he's from Ariandel? The painted world from dark souls 3? I mean it's fine and all I guess since the lore behind it is shrouded in mystery, but wouldn't it be better if he was from Ariamis instead, which is like DS1's version of Ariandel. And these painted worlds are not exactly well known for their inhabitants, since it's almost impossible for people to actually hail from there. Like Ariamis was supposedly a world made by the halfbreed for sanctuary, so not much people actually live there. Ariandel is kind of the same thing.

Ok ok i'm done now. Just had to go all out there.

Ok, this is just some meaningless banter but jesus christ! These characters! 6ft 8in, and on top of that, 134 lbs?!?!?!?!? Either people don't know standardized weights and heights, or they just have insane expectations for fantasy characters. 134lbs is low for even like a 6 ft person. Like extremely low actually, I can't imagine what this guy looks like. Probably 0 muscle or fat on that bih.

Also also, he's from Ariandel? The painted world from dark souls 3? I mean it's fine and all I guess since the lore behind it is shrouded in mystery, but wouldn't it be better if he was from Ariamis instead, which is like DS1's version of Ariandel. And these painted worlds are not exactly well known for their inhabitants, since it's almost impossible for people to actually hail from there. Like Ariamis was supposedly a world made by the halfbreed for sanctuary, so not much people actually live there. Ariandel is kind of the same thing.

I'll assume the weight thing was because he was an undead. No comments for Ariandel.

oh well in dark souls 3 i wear the armor but i only wear it when i go into fist only fight clubs
*imagine Artorias fist fighting people*
that's nice, dude

well i wanted to try something new but a lot of stuff was taken so i chose Ariandel my first choice for summer vacation

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You can always do the same place as another person, but I understand trying to be unique. What I think would be cool is having someone from like Izalith or Oolacile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back