• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dark Legacy - Warhammer Great Crusade Era Alternate History/Multiple GM

Grammatic

Knight of Nevermore
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello all! After some issues I had to nail down I am finally back on the site and hoping to get things rolling with a story idea while I was in hospital. The overall story will take place during the 30th Millennium in the Warhammer universe, during the events of the Great Crusade. While it will be an alternate timeline, there will not be new custom Space Marine Legions as is often the case, rather, it will take inspiration from the Dornian Heresy and Roboutian Heresy alternate universes; taking the characters and events that we know and spinning new tales and events with them. Perhaps Horus is never wounded and corrupted on Davin, and another individual must step forward to become the leader of Chaos, or no one at all and a Heresy never happens. Perhaps some great external force comes and forces the Imperium to unite against this galaxy ending threat, leaving no room for heretics and traitors to begin growing their influence. The possibilities will be endless, and shall be crafted together.

Now, the other part of this idea will focus on the fact that, rather than allowing everyone to play a Primarch and directing the story from there, the main writer focus will be on Legionaries within the various Legions. The position of Primarch's, given the importance and ability to drastically shape events, will be written by multiple GMs and used to help further the overall story, as well as provide interaction for the writers individual legionaries. These legionaries can be of any rank, from First Captain of the legion all the way down to a newly inducted battle-brother in the Legion. Perhaps you wish to be a mortal warrior of the Imperium instead; leading the charge of an Imperial Army Regiment or dueling with enemy starships in the void on the command throne of your warship of choice.

If you would like to request a spot as a potential GM for this story line, which I do intend to be a long term and ever developing story, please message me and we can work out details and see what's possible. If you would like to take part in the story and you have that brain itch of 'I wish this Legion/Primarch had done this in lore rather than what actually happened,' let me know and we can see what could be crafted for 'our' lore for this story.

I hope to hear from some people soon, and to be able to answer some of your questions!

I’m definitely intrigued by the possibilities. I’d love a shot at writing the Alpha Legion and their twin primarchs before they went rogue.

Sounds interesting. I'm in.

I have an Army Colonel as well so nice. And an astartes sorcerer hmmm.

And many more... oh no.

Last edited:
The idea of undercover agents from the Order Elucidatum interests me. A few support "scribes" or whatever their official cover is, who secretly try to eradicate some secondary but also grievous threat to the Imperium. They would be receiving orders from Malcador from various parts of a ship or perhaps even across sectors.

I’m definitely intrigued by the possibilities. I’d love a shot at writing the Alpha Legion and their twin primarchs before they went rogue.
We could certainly do some Alpha Legion stuff, and if you want to write the Primarchs, we can discuss the possibility of a GM spot, as I do still intend for the Primarchs to remain somewhat out of the main line of roleplay. Just shoot me a pm if interested.

Sounds interesting. I'm in.

I have an Army Colonel as well so nice. And an astartes sorcerer hmmm.

And many more... oh no.
Imperial Army will be very vital in the story as it progresses, and a Space Marine Librarian would certainly be possible. The Council of Nikea is a story element that can certainly be visited, and the possible outcomes from such an event could certainly be played out.

The idea of undercover agents from the Order Elucidatum interests me. A few support "scribes" or whatever their official cover is, who secretly try to eradicate some secondary but also grievous threat to the Imperium. They would be receiving orders from Malcador from various parts of a ship or perhaps even across sectors.
Some off the records 'for the greater good' of the Imperium is always spicy. Maybe a world is compliant, but its ruling party, or some other facet, still needs to be eliminated or else pose a threat to the Imperium down the line.

Depending on level of interest, we may start the story following a single expeditionary fleet, or a single region where various such forces have congregated. As more writers join, we can start expanding the scope of the story to multiple sectors of the galaxy. I do not intend to ever limit the number of writers that join, so there can always be things in development.

Last edited:
We could certainly do some Alpha Legion stuff, and if you want to write the Primarchs, we can discuss the possibility of a GM spot, as I do still intend for the Primarchs to remain somewhat out of the main line of roleplay. Just shoot me a pm if interested.
Sounds good. I’ll brainstorm some ideas and then shoot you a pm.

Imperial Army will be very vital in the story as it progresses, and a Space Marine Librarian would certainly be possible. The Council of Nikea is a story element that can certainly be visited, and the possible outcomes from such an event could certainly be played out.
Nice. I have a lot of different characters. As I got the colonel, her regiment, her home planet (original planet), her majors, and stuff like that. I also got a chaplain, kroot mercenary, Rouge trader and can make some more. Il send them to you over PM

Nice. I have a lot of different characters. As I got the colonel, her regiment, her home planet (original planet), her majors, and stuff like that. I also got a chaplain, kroot mercenary, Rouge trader and can make some more. Il send them to you over PM
Keep in mind, while most of those ideas can certainly work, the 30k timeline is different than the 40k timeline. Kroot and the Tau as a whole will not be part of this story, and chaplains serve a different function in the Legiones Astartes than they do in the Adeptus Astartes, to a minor extent anyway. The rest of the ideas are workable.

Keep in mind, while most of those ideas can certainly work, the 30k timeline is different than the 40k timeline. Kroot and the Tau as a whole will not be part of this story, and chaplains serve a different function in the Legiones Astartes than they do in the Adeptus Astartes, to a minor extent anyway. The rest of the ideas are workable.
Ok so not the chaplain and kroot boy thats fine. I PMed you all of em.

I always love a good wathammer rp I'll have to think of someone intresting. I like to play xenos to much

The main focus will be on Imperial characters, yes. Any xenos characters would, inevitably, likely be hunted down and killed over the course of the roleplay. You know, Imperium of Man things. The only main possibility for a xenos writer would likely be an Eldar, but that will take a lot of working with the GMs to achieve.

I'll think on it though yeah a few xenos out there tricky enough to get past humans. Maybe something mechanicum or some totally not heretical creation thst is totally not heretical at all no tech heresy here

I'll think on it though yeah a few xenos out there tricky enough to get past humans. Maybe something mechanicum or some totally not heretical creation thst is totally not heretical at all no tech heresy here
Mechanicum would be fun, we could use some Tech-Priest related shenanigans for sure.

Update: Grammatic and I are currently behind the scenes scheming away like Greater Daemons of Tzeentch to create an alternate, though equally epic, 30k timeline. So far so good. When the shite inevitably hits the chainsword, and Space Marines in our roleplay begin to betray their brother Space Marines, Legions will ally with Legions you might not expect. :cheshiregrin:

To all involved and interested, the character creation section is up. Please take a look, but there is no huge rush.

hey Grammatic Grammatic can I make like an Imperial Army regiment but is secretly a Genestealer cultist force? Since I think Genestealers were known by this point but wernt known to be Tyranid spawn.

Given xenos aren't really the focus, maybe you should research the dark angels and touch up you expodionary fleet first .

Given xenos aren't really the focus, maybe you should research the dark angels and touch up you expodionary fleet first .
hmmm for now im gonna leave the fleet as it idk power level rn so. But I will make more characters for the company and other similar stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back