• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Dark Hero Roleplay] What does it mean to be a hero?

SadistPoet

Ippen, Shinde Miru?
(Brief Intro/About Me) Hello! I'm not the most seasoned role-player, but I've made my rounds to various mediums of role-play. I'm open to almost any-type of roleplay situations (barring the obviously outlawed) although I tend to enjoy RPing FxF pairings.

PREMISE: In a world of heroes doing battle against the evil forces that be, you are the exception. A hero, but not of the usual variety. You are not special. You have no powers. You have no amassed wealth. You have no particularly useful skills. To the shock of oneself, you are shockingly normal. Why did it have to be this way? You want to be a hero just like those select few. Why can't you stop time, life buses, or create nigh-magical technologies. You and a friend who shares the same plight, have decided to find a way to be a hero. How will you compete with the "Big-Heroes?" Will you ever take down those who wish to do harm? What does it even mean to be a hero?

EXECUTION: This role-play is intended to be an exploration of how someone with no powers, in a world of superpowers, can step up and become a hero (Or even fall into villainy). We can role-play multiple different circumstances. Here are a few ideas.

Superpowered Person x Normal Person (Maybe a fan/maid/friend?)
Angst-Ridden Highschoolers/College Students Wanting To Become Heroes
Sibling Duo?
Crazy Otaku (This could be fun)
Some Delusion People Who Think They Are More Powerful Than They Are?
Perhaps People With VERY Circumstantial Super-Powers (Example: Being able to perfectly recollect the last five-minutes)
These are more-so premises and I'm open to any-others/combinations of listed. The general idea will be of a person/persons who have no powers in a super-powered world attempting to become heroes. We could explore this via training arcs, slice of life moments delving into why they want this, or even an arc of trying to take down a big bad guy (Character death could be a very real thing).

RULES: Please be detailed in posts outside of quick exchanges (No need to needlessly fluff up things that don't need it). This will not be a campy role-play at times, please be okay with having/contributing some dark themes (Villains will be more-so real and not theatrical in nature). I'm open to any mediums of role-play PM, Forum ect. Please be active, but I will understand if you need to be away for extended periods of time.

I hope I've gotten my concept across. It's not only my concept, I hope that we can build the world together. I'm also open to us having multiple characters (So RPing some heroes is possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back