• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

dark detailed m/m.

evinca

redhead_slave_light_rpn_background.png

Hey, and welcome! I'm looking for a couple of new m/m rps to get my inspiration back,

and I'll try to keep this short and neat but I think I'm going to fail.

rules & preferences

x detailed, preferably 3-6 paragraphs.

x some frequency and activity, one reply a day -- or more -- would be quite ideal.

x PM preferred.

x I can't emphasize enough how important it is that you help me to drag the rp forward. I need you to give

my character something to react to. It doesn't have to be a whole subplot. a little gesture can be enough. I'll obviously

do the same for you. okay?

x another thing I can't emphasize enough: the characters. I want a character-driven rp, so I need complicated, fleshed out

characters who can make me laugh and break my heart. I don't ask for miracles, I ask only for believable human beings,

with flaws and lives of their own.

x romance or bromance. the former is preferred, but if there simply isn't that kind of chemistry between the

characters, I don't want to force it. enemies to friends, from-hate-to-love relationships, dysfunctional

and messed up? yes please. i'm also perfectly fine with trans characters, as long as you've done your research.

x dark themes. violence, drugs and alcohol, abuse of power, physical and mental abuse, so on.

please let me know about your triggers. oh, and believe me, my characters will swear too.

x conflict. there's no story without conflict, and because I enjoy character-driven stories, I prefer a lot

of the conflict to come from within the characters. let's make sure our characters won't get along too well, yeah?

x brief character sheets or no character sheets at all. I like to find things out during the rp.

x I'll ask for a writing sample. here's mine:

He drew a little heart on the fogged window. What a fucking cliche.

Like my life, he thought. Not the heart. Cliche.

"Stop that." The voice was cold. As cold as the hands gripping the steering wheel. The streetlights cast harsh shadows on her knuckles, making them look so sharp. Scary, almost.

The boy stopped obediently, flopping back on his seat and leaning back heavily. Keeping an eye on the heart until it had completely disappeared. Resisting the urge to draw another one, he turned his gaze towards the dark street ahead. It wasn't snowing anymore, but the clouds seemed to hang just above the buildings, painted orange by the lights of the city. Tonight it was hard to find anything beautiful of that color. It was simply ugly. Dirty, somehow. His nose was running too. Oh, wait. It was just blood.

Traffic lights painted her face red. It was such a harsh, violent color. He was counting seconds. Seven. It took seven long seconds before the light turned green. After hoping it'd take away that harshness, soften it a little, the boy was disappointed to realize that wasn't going to happen. Of course it wasn't going to happen. Idiot.

"Do you have any CDs?" he asked after a long, long silence. His own voice sounded strange in the car. Too loud, so loud it almost made him flinch. It was rough of lack of using, too, and he had to clear his throat before continuing. "Or, the radio--"

"No." Still as cold. It wasn't like he had expected anything else.

Fine. Fiddling with a loose thread of his jeans, he rested his head back. There were more holes than fabric in his jeans, she had pointed out. Probably true, but he didn't particularly care. The boy didn't dare to say that out loud, though. Didn't want to anger her more. Didn't even dare to ask where they were going. Strangely enough, he didn't care about that either, not much. It didn't matter, because the vague answer was away, and that was enough for him.

Once the silence had started to feel too heavy, he leaned to breath against the window. Reaching out his hand, he let the tip of his finger meet the cold glass. I'm sorry, he wrote, and watched how it disappeared.

plots & ideas

Goddamn right, you should be scared of me
Who is in control?

Halsey - Control

MODERN, bully/bullied

Character A used to make Character B's life a hell years ago. Now Character A is financially struggling and ends up moving in with a guy he knows nothing about, nothing but his first name, in order to be able to afford the rent of a shabby little apartment. Surprise, surprise -- isn't that Character B walking back into his life? They haven't seen in years, and now they're stuck with each other, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like Character A has changed. How about Character B?

I prefer to rp Character A. You're free to do whatever you want with Character B, but the more complicated mess his life is, the better. I hope you could come up with stuff we can use to drive the plot forward when creating his past. What kind of mess is he in? Character A isn't his only problem, is he? Same goes obviously with my character; he'll bring his mess of a life with him.

Additional themes (we could pick at least one or two, let me know):

self-destructive behavior, depression, drugs, alcoholism, closeted/out, homophobia, crime, gangs, prostitution

If it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine.

MODERN, rival/rival, enemy/enemy & bad boy/worse boy

Loosely based on this song.

Character A had everything. He fought his way to the top. He was the boss' right hand. The favorite.  Almost a legend. Then he screwed up and ended up in jail for three long years. When he finally gets out, he realizes someone has stolen what once was his. That someone is Character B. The boss' new favorite they aren't apparently willing to throw away, not even now that Character A is back. That's alright, no worries -- Character A will simply destroy this new threat, then. He has always taken what he wants, and this isn't going to be any different. Right?

I prefer to rp Character A. They're probably involved in drug business, working for some sort of cartel perhaps, but that's up to us. Big scale, smaller scale, everything is fine. No worries, we don't have to go into too much detail about it, so no need for huge research.

Additional themes: closeted/out, homophobia, self-destructive behavior, alcoholism, drug use, enemies with benefits

IMPORTANT: all the topics must be treated respectfully, without romanticizing them or disregarding the consequences.

I'm also happy to hear about your own plot ideas or pairings, so don't hesitate to suggest them.

As an additional bait, if you manage to get me hooked, expect to receive some fanart, me blabbering about songs

that suit our characters, sending you pictures that remind me of them, all that stuff~ I also love OOC chatting, so if that's

your thing, I'd like to become friends too.

Thanks for reading. PM me or leave a reply below if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrigued by the second one but I'm still slightly rusty with Role Playing. I'll try to get a sample post together to send you. =)

@FairlyLocal Hi! Thanks for your interest~ Could you please PM me a writing sample?

@Knarf Hey, I'm glad! I'm looking forward to it :3

I'm still looking! The rivalry plot has got interest, so I'd be more than happy to find a few of you guys interested in the first plot~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back