• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
On the continent of Areanbelle in the year 1745 A.D. the world is wonderful. People thrive with new inventions, Mages flourish and make decent money. Colonies are set up all over the world and trading is phenomenal. They travel the world setting up colonies and telling the native people of the new lands that they find how to not live like Savages. they never get told no due to the technological, magical and even numbers advantage they have. They flourish and are noted to be the most powerful and rich nation of the world, spreading enlightenment to the savages of the world. That is until they came to a place that is dubbed the 'Dark Continent'.

It was 1750 when the explorers sailed across the Great Western Sea and discovered another continent. The primary objective of this great sail was supposed to be colonization and resource discovery. They made the greatest discovery of all time. The Dark Continent with a place filled with animals unlike any in the world. Animals that were deadly and larger than any other. Resources that were more valuable than gold. Even Steel Wood, a wood that grew more dense than that of steel. But the single greatest thing that they found were the Arganon's, the human rulers of the dark continent.

The Sailors of Areanbelle saw them as nothing more than Savages. Running barefoot through the woods without homes or properly made clothing. They thought that for the Savages on good they would forcefully take land from them and show them a better way of living. They soon discovered that these people would not be like the others they had taken over.

When the sailors and colonizers were nice and tried to teach them, the Arganon's learned and took in all they had to teach. It was when they started to spread and destroy land that the Arganon people fought back. The people of Areanbelle thought that it would be an easy battle. They were mere Savages and didn't possess Magic. They assumed it would be easy to take them over and it would be better for them. however, the rulers of the Dark Continent were not pushovers.

During the battles, those who attempted to steal the land belonging to the Arganon, were startled to see that these Savages were warriors beyond what they could even imagine. They held an advantage over them. Their legs were stronger. What they didn't have in magic they made up for with physical prowess. They fought and moved just like the animals that they lived with. Their physical strength was completely unmatched. They pushed back these people who claimed to want to help, but were just feeding their greed and ego.

After the fighting, the colonies that had been established were pushed back to their home country. Now, to the rich and royal, the Dark Continent is a prize to be won. They assumed the Arganon's were hiding riches or resources they did not want to lose. Many, many new colonies were sent. with the greatest Mages and warriors they could send. New colonies were set up and now it was a standoff. The greatest Mages, Scholars and Warriors Areanbelle could send, waiting for the Arganon people to make their move.
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is colonial era style roleplay in a low fantasy world. I planned for this role play to be sort of a conquering over racism and understanding type roleplay. Basically like a fantasy weird version of Pocahontas, but the romance is not necessary. I'm looking for people to play both Arganon's and colonists from Areanbelle.

Here are the rules:
- I do not expect you to be on everyday, but I would like a post at least once or twice a week.
- When it comes to posting, I do expect a well-written post. At least two or three paragraphs per post.
- Respect me and other role players. We are all here to have fun and destress, so don't disrespect people.
- My word is law. Don't like it, leave.
- This is a serious roleplay that I plan to have going for a while. If you aren't looking for a long-term role play, do not bother showing interest.
- If you apply for one side or another and the other is lacking people, I will politely asked if you would be willing to play the other side. If not that is fine, but please be willing to play Both Sides. I don't want to flood one side or the other.

I cannot wait to see if this takes off. Hope to hear some interest.

Ooo this sounds interesting. I'd love to be one of the Arganons if you'd fill me in on a bit more of their lore.

Absolutely interested. Out of curiosity, how would darker forms of magic fit into this? Stuff like necromancy and blood magic?

Absolutely interested. Out of curiosity, how would darker forms of magic fit into this? Stuff like necromancy and blood magic?
Those fall under Cult or Forbidden magic. If it is ranked cult it is not bad under certain circumstances. Forbidden is just straight no go.

I'm interested would it be possible to play a young Arganon alpha
Possibly. I was obviously going to play the leader of the Arganon tribe who was also going to be an Alpha. Since they are so rare it is possible, but unlikely that it comes about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back