• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Danganronpa??

Kannachu1223

Sleepy Fluffer
Hello. c: I've never started a group roleplay or anything before. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in planning one with me!
I was thinking of a typical killing game that can even include a bit of romance as long as both people want it. Maybe with a slight supernatural element where the mastermind perhaps summoned a demon instead of using the robot monokuma. c:
Would love to brainstorm together! Please feel free to reply if you're interested! Canon characters can even be added in if we'd want.

If anyone is still interested, I'm already coming up with ideas. Sadly, I've never made a group roleplay on here, and haven't made one in general in a long time. So I gotta figure out how it works! c: If anyone would like to help and co-host or even host it, I'd love to come up with a plan! If not, I'll try to make one myself. <3

Kannachu1223 Kannachu1223
Do you have a general idea on how you picture us competing ? I don't mind co-hosting it (as I did plan on making a Danganronpa RP personally) , but that is your decision to make in the end . Like, here is some questions that may help in determining a setting :
  • When the Danganronpa Host is to appear and in what fashion ?
  • Is there a alternate goal involving survival on top of participating in these games of life & death, or a alternate way to win besides being the last one standing you want to introduce into the killing game ?
  • Is there to be a "traitor" in the group (You can private message the person if you feel a character fits the requirements of doing such)
  • Are we in a closed area or for the most part it is free roam like Ultra Despair Girls ?
  • Is the official cast canon to this event ?
  • Are we allowed to RP as characters from the original series ?
You don't have to answer these... But these are just to try and help you ? Maybe sharing my idea for a Danganronpa RP I may attempt in the future .... Perhaps can help you a bit in manifesting your own original idea.

LITERALLY WHAT I JOINED THIS WEBSITE FOR!!! I'm super interested and would love to help out in any way I can!

Sorry to take so long! Not sure I can answer all the questions, and I'd love for people to chime in with ideas! <3 It would be nice to have something we're all excited about!
So I'm thinking it takes place in a huge hotel. One with a big store, ballroom, and restaurant on the ground floor. and maybe the parking garage in the basement got turned into a trial ground.
As for the mastermind, I think it's up to whoever plays it! They could be hidden within the group, they could be completely separate, I don't have a preference.
Although I do want a supernatural element. Like the mastermind summoned a demon to be their second set of eyes and the executioner. And I have an idea for an immortal character but I'm still working out all the rules to it to make it not overpowered.
I also would like perhaps a group chat of some sort for the dead to get to chat and still have fun.
Perhaps like the first game, they're given motives randomly.
Canon characters are welcome but perhaps they start over? So Makoto wouldn't be the Ultimate Hope yet and would never have been in a killing game.

Not sure if any of that made sense. Kinda just rambled. But I'd love to hear ideas or suggestions! c:

The mastermind would, ideally, be selected after every character has been submitted in my opinion. Several people could give a pitch for why they'd want to be the MM and you'd just select one in the end.

Also I'm vehemently against the use of canon characters as there's nothing interesting about it. Nobody here is Kodaka and each of them already had their stories.

I'm not sure how well the supernatural element fits in with everything- DR goes hard on fantastical tech rather than fantastical fantasy. The most we got was a confirmed ghost sighting by Komaru and, even then, Toko acted in disbelief. Supernatural would only really fit in with a VR type deal, in my own opinion.

Also a system that worked really well for another DR RP I'm in is that everyone submits a possible motive for why their character would kill. This would make it so the GM didn't have to come up with any and potentially make someone go OOC. The only motives that they would possibly have to come up with is if its super personal like a secret, so the GM prods through hidden BG for potential secrets that could or couldn't be revealed depending on how things go.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on everything. I'll keep an eye on this and see what direction it goes in before deciding 100% if I'll join or not.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but stuff like the 'submit a motive/MM pitch' is obviously meant to be a PM thing. I find that keeping most of the details of your characters out of the other players' eyes works wonders to create mysteries.

Last edited:
My version of Danganronpa took place (For referencing purposes):
  • Takes place In Real Life
  • While a continuation of the originals, each of the people given the Ultimates the Danganronpa cast had in the series are far more... "Upgraded" versions of the original.
  • Here they continued a more advanced version of the Killing Game, except having the whole population of the World participate in it. People were given the "Ultimate" titles all across the world, sparking a sort of civil war amongst them. Each Contininent had their own version of the Killing Game, and they sent 13 Ultimates to participate in it.
  • The 2 winners of each Killing Game were then brought together for the final Killing Game for a total of twelve contestants (which is where the RP would take place) . The winner would have complete control over the Nation's fate of being filled with "Desair" or "Hope"
  • However... For the final killing game, while killing each other, there was something hinted towards, a condition that if not met could spell the demise of everyone . They used a young girl [barely 11] as a "Ultimate" Ultimate to save Humanity in case things went too far, and had pods ready to summon the original vesions of the "Ultimates" from the virtual Killing Game [As they were taught how to do that by the Master Mind, who was revealed to be related to The Ultimate Ultimate, as the same thing that happened to her also was done to her as well]
  • If they managed to find this girl and convert her to either "Ultimate Despair" , "Ultimate Hope" , or "Ultimate Neutrality" [Because she has all three inside her] before the final four were determined ,they could use her to escape. If not, they would release hundreds of millions of "Big-Bang Monokumas" & "Exisals" on the Earth to destroy what was left of it.
  • The nature for the "Ultimate Ultimate" was to be revealed in-story, and who the character is .
That's essentially my version of Danganronpa. Oh, the Monokuma equivalent is a sort of Massive Monokuma (probably as big as Sakura Oogami) with a suit on. He can also summon Exisals on a whim should any of them fall out of line .

I'm not wholly against the supernatural element, as I personally found Monokuma to be (while very entertaining and interesting) kind-of inconsistent with the rules which made things a bit confusing at times. There's also something to be said for making this not exactly like Danganronpa so I do find the demon thing kinda interesting.

An Immortal character kinda defeats the purpose of the killing game, though, unless they're kept entirely separate from it? If we do introduce a supernatural element in this, I feel like it should be very limited so that we don't have any trials where someone died by "magic" and thus it becomes nigh impossible to prove someone was the killer because magic is not an identifiable murder weapon and could theoretically be used in any situation, in its basest form.

That demon thing does actually present an interesting possibility for a new concept: say all of our characters are already dead? This hotel setting could just be a form of purgatory where the memories of how we died and perhaps other events in our lives too are removed and given to us at a later date. The "Killing" Game would really just be a competition to see who among us would be able to come back to life - those two of course being the people that survive to the end.

There's a lot to go into this, like who summoned that Demon in the first place? Was there a particular person they wanted to bring back, and this is the Demon's way of messing with their request? I think there's a lot of potential in the idea.

Of course if the rest of us aren't on board with it then I'm perfectly fine with just another Danganronpa story, it is a fun concept and one I'm eager to play out, just putting in my two cents on that Demon idea. The only thing I'm really set on is that there are definitive rules that we stick to, ICly and OOCly, the standard killing game format present in DR is kept and that the Ultimate concept for our characters is implemented. Beyond that, I'm pretty flexible.

One other thing I would like to propose is that there be some method to end the killing game aside from just all but two people dying? Not to say that I don't want people to die in a game that's all about people dying, but it would be kind-of a shame if there really were only two people to survive to the end. That's my opinion, though.

In regards to the other points presented thus far though, I do agree that dead characters should have some kind of chat to keep in touch while the rest of the game plays out, somewhere they can speculate on who'll die next, who'll be the next Blackened, etc.

Speaking of the Blackened, I always thought the way that Monokuma actively gave out motives in the second game and V3 was really interesting so I would like to keep that if we could, but if we'd rather make it more spontaneous then that's perfectly fine by me too.

I'm also personally not a fan of canon characters being brought in, but I am curious about how we'd feel about their talents being re-used? For example, I was hoping to use one of the canon characters as a base for my character, since I feel like they were very lackluster and their talent could be made very interesting if the character was a tad better written and designed a little better.

... I think that's everything I wanted to touch up on. Sorry for making my post so long XD just a lot I wanted to say. I really hope this works out, I've always wanted to do one of these!!

An inverse 'coming back to life' would work better with the demon idea, yeah. I don't think a classic killing game is good for really far-out ideas, but if you are going with the inverse concept as mentioned above, I feel it's going to need to be real thought-out. Also needs to answer why the demon would help, what method is used to revive and what the price is for living.

I'm also all for re-using canon talent as there's no real reason not to- there isn't much point in setting this in any kind of canon setting as far as I'm concerned, not to mention talent re-using is a thing in-universe with Kyoko and Shuichi.

I also feel like it could be interesting to mess around with the idea of abolishing the 'mass execution' rule and instead just execute whoever's voted as the blackened. This way we could legitimately get someone to not only escape, but have the characters have to live with the fact they sent an innocent person to their death. This way we could also justify losing a trial. Just something to keep in mind.

Definitely should have an end-game in view that doesn't require the killing game to be 'conquered' tho. It's not interesting to see everyone die, much better to stick to the classic "Last trial = Mystery solving" rather than just determining who killed someone until everyone's dead.

I like that idea of abolishing the mass execution rule - would make for a much longer lasting, more interesting RP should we ever make a mistake lol.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm pushing for the Demon idea here, like I said I'm down for whatever, but the 'price to live' comment did give me an idea: suppose that in the hypothetical situation of the killing game being played by Ultimates that are already dead, and anyone that kills and gets away with it comes back to life, said attempt to revive these Ultimates was made by their respective loved ones? None of the characters would know this at the start I'm thinking, it would eliminate the motive of needing to get back to ones' family, because I'm thinking their loved ones already paid the price, with their own lives? Sorry for staying on it, just an interesting idea that popped into my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back