• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Danganronpa: Spreading of Despair

Rycamp

Puhuhu~
PROLOGUE

Welcome To The Ultimate Academy of Hope!

Everything was blurry. He could barely see his surroundings, and his whole body felt numb. It was as if he had gone through a very long slumber and was finally waking up. However, the bedding where his body was laid felt extremely comfortable. It was probably made of top quality materials, definitively the expensive kind of mattress. It just took a few more seconds before Chris could realize he was inside a bedroom.

As he stood up from the bed, the first thing that called his attention was a twin image of his. An image over the mirror. He could see the entirety of his body from there, it was like any usual day. He wore his blue and black suit with a white undershirt and a red tie. However, that clearly wasn't his room. Spending so many years stuck inside there made it so he could never mistake what his room looked like.

The room he was in was very basic. It wasn't too spacious and didn't have much of a cozy feeling, however the furniture there looked rather expensive. There was a bed and a big wardrobe with full body mirrors on the door. On the other side of the wall, there was a desk next to a bookshelf. Upon a quick inspection, it seemed that those books were all law related. Although it wasn't Chris' room, it definitively felt like it was made specially for him.

As he walked around that mysterious place, he noticed that there were a total of two doors and no windows. One of the doors led to a tiny bathroom that had nothing out of the ordinary inside, while the second door led to the exit. Confused and hoping to find answers, he stepped outside only to get even more confused: There was a total of fifteen people around his age standing outside looking just as confused as him.

"So the sleeping beauty has finally awoken, huh? Geez, how long has it passed since the last one woke up? Fifteen minutes?"
The first one to speak was a very attention drawing girl. She wore a red school uniform and had piggy tails on her hair. To add it up, her face looked very pretty. Though, she didn't seem to have the most delicate personality.

"We have been waiting for the person inside the 16th door to show up for a while. It's just like my suspicions... With you, there are a total of eight boys and eight girls in this building, all around the same age."

The next one to speak up was another person that stood out amongst the others. It was the only black person within that group. He had his arms crossed as he spoke, concern clearly all over his face.

"Then now we all are trapped outside, aren't we? Since none of us have been able to open these room doors once we got out of them..."

Another girl spoke up. She had a blond straight hair and she didn't feel much comfortable being around that crowd. It was quite understable, Chris himself had a very puzzling look. None of what these people were talking made any sense to him. But more importantly than that, who were them?

"Hey blue hair, did a cat bite your tongue? Speak up! Do you have any idea of what kind of place this is?"

Chris then turned to the rude sounding girl. She had a goth lolita style and held a doll in between her two hands. The doll was also a girl with a goth style.

"W-wah—"

No one made sense. What kind of place that was? Did none of them know where they were?

"What are you talking about? And most importantly— Who are you? Everything feels so confusing. It feels like I just woke up from a very long sleep, but I don't know a thing about where I am."

The struggle was clear on Chris' face. Everyone seemed to be disappointed at his statement, except for one short looking girl.

"Yeah. I can see. You've got a funny bed hair."

She said with a sweet smile on her face, walking up to Chris and running her hands through his hair as if they were friends. Though, Chris clearly felt flustered as a hint of blush appeared on his cheek.

"There. It's fixed. You can thank me later."

She stepped back and kept some distance off Chris. Everyone still seemed to be very disappointed that they waited that long for Chris to show up, and he didn't have any useful information about what was going on whatsoever.

"This is so fishy. How come none of us remember a damn thing about how we ended up getting here? And what concerns me more, is the fact that we've got some famous people here too. Doesn't it make it sounds even more fishy?"

The next one to speak up was a girl with short pink hair. She was the only one that was wearing casual clothes. She had short jeans and a blue jacket.

"Famous people?"

Chris wondered aloud. He could catch the glimpse of a few eye rolls amongst the group.

"Allow me to explain!"

A blond haired male stepped forward. He was wearing a black suit, white undershirt and a dark tie. He definitively looked like someone important.

"It seems that everyone that has gathered here have one thing in common: We all are high school students doted with talent. You know, these people they call the Ultimates?"

Chris blinked a few times swallowing that information. That definitively sounded concerning. Sixteen people doted with talent suddenly woke up in a strange building inside a bedroom, with no memories of whom each other were, and with no idea of how they ended up getting there. There was certainly something unsettling going on.

The haziness of sleep drifted from the blurry world of a glasses-less Cameron as he returned to consciousness from the dream realm he had previously been in, and most likely forgotten the instant he woke up. Sitting up, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, before realizing that he didn't feel the familiar comforter of his bed, but a new material all-together. Now thoroughly awake, Cameron also realized that the fuzzy colors of the room around him were no that of his bedroom, and he appeared to be wearing his day clothes during his nap. Grabbing his glasses from a bed-stand nearby, he looked at the room around him. It wasn't very spacious, and he could confirm he had never seen it before, but it was obviously suited for him. There were various resources for film and SD Cards, and even his own personal camera lying on a shelf high to his right. Getting up from the vaguely comfortable bed and investigating a bit more, he found there was also a small bathroom connected to the strange area, which had the set-ups for a dark room in the exact style he had practiced many times in his own home.

Creeped out beyond belief, he exited the restroom, grabbed his camera and threw it around his neck, and exited the room. Looking behind him to make sure he didn't miss anything as he left, he nearly lost his very expensive camera he bought with his own money by running into someone the moment he stepped outside. Fumbling to save his investment, he straightened himself up as the other person, a girl around his age with light hair it seemed, quickly gain her composure.

"Oh! Sorry about that, I hadn't seen you there."

She quickly placed her hands together, obviously having practiced formal conversation before. She smiled slightly, with a tinge of confusion behind her eyes, which Cameron recognized as the same feeling he currently wielded. Brushing off his blazer, he chuckled softly, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, it's my fault for not watching where I was going... uh, you wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you?"

The silver-haired girls composure slouched a little, as the realization that Cameron didn't have that information hit her like a rock. Both were as confused as the other, and as Cameron looked past her, he realized that she had been walking towards a larger group of students who were equally as bewildered as the two of them.

Something was direly wrong, and Cameron's stomach lurched with uneasiness.

Anatasia_Demerius.png

What an absolute shit show.

Anastasia fought the urge to go off on everyone. The sixteenth student also didn't know about their whereabouts... great. Just fucking perfect. This was starting to look more and more like a kidnapping; it was no coincidence that everyone present was an ultimate. There were no signs of anyone else in this institution either. She wiped the sweat from her brow with a shaking hand. Anastasia had been praying for this to be some sort of a practical joke. She had been in denial about the possible danger they were in initially, but the reality was slowly sinking in.

... Get yourself together, Anastasia, now is not the time to fucking panic! She was going to gather as much information as possible instead. Talking to these entitled brats might help, their talents could prove useful at a time like this.

Anastasia clasped her hands together. "I'm as lost as the rest of you... but maybe we should introduce ourselves first so there's less confusion," she said in a tone far softer and more respectful than her original. "I can go first, I'm Anasatasia Damerius, better known as the Ultimate Prophet."

dangan_ronpa_introduction_template_by_rustic_hawk_d6qs3g8-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone's attention was quickly turned to the blonde girl who decided to make the first step and introduce herself. Still, it seemed like everyone was a bit shy when it came to doing the same.

"Is it really okay for us to simply expose who we are? Given that we don't know about what our current situation truly is..."

Said the goth looking girl. Though, she didn't look like she was afraid. She was just being cautious. Chris couldn't help but look down at his feet. All of that was so confusing, could they really trust each other like that?

"Uhm... I'm Chris Alderidge. Ultimate Heir. I don't really have a reason to hide my identity. If this is really about a kidnap, the one behind this probably already knows who I am."

Chris Talent Final Final.png

He sounded so confident, it was somewhat a sudden change of mood. Once again, everyone looked at him with confusion, but it seemed him and Anastasia managed to get a conversation to flow.

"I understand being a talented prophet. But Ultimate Heir? Doesn't it just mean that you're rich?"

Without introducing herself, the goth looking girl was already opening up and being honest with her thoughts. Chris sighed at that reply, but he did give a small smile even though he just got mocked like that.

"You can't get yourself an Ultimate title just by inheriting something. I was raised by my family to become the perfect heir for their company. For example, I can speak three languages and have a vast knowledge about laws. Though... I'm not really much good at other things that they considered to be irrelevant for the company."

Chris sighed softly as he finished introducing himself. The red haired girl with pigtails at the back seemed to be getting annoyed that the attention was being drawn to someone else, so she made sure to speak up.

"I'm next. Name's Juliet Styles, named the Ultimate Influencer."

A few people rose their eyebrows, not getting her latent at all.

"Influencer? You mean, a person whose good at manipulating?"

A blond haired boy asked. He was very short and rather androgynous looking. Juliet clearly felt frustrated at that question, her anger all over her face.

"M-ma- No, that's not it!"

Her voice had even gotten louder.

"There's a big difference between an Influencer and a Manipulator! I'm an Influencer. As in the term Digital Influencer. What kind of world do you live in?"

Before she could begin insulting the boy for his innocent question, a blond male wearing a suit got in between the two of them.

"Do you not know who miss Styles is? She's the biggest Digital Influencer of America! I follow her on Instagram ever since she had less than 10K followers!"

He seemed to be very proud at stating that. It also sounded like he was very passionate when it came to talking about Juliet, given the excited grin he had on his face.

"It's my turn now. I'm Jack Altrad, Ultimate Assistant at your service."

" Me next! Me next! "

Erina said while wailing her hand, high in the air, just before excitedly introducing herself with the utmost charisma she could possibly withdraw from her lips." I am Erina Star Rosell, The brightest and most amazing super duper ultimate high-school level Astaronomer! It's bright to meet you! "
Ultimate High_School Level Astronomer.png
She says loudly as she chuckles to herself over her own jokes. This was a great opportunity to meet new people, Erina silently thought to herself, not really understanding the circumstances she was under. Obviously, since these were all talented people she would most definitely need to use formalities first. The only problem was, Who would be the best possible choice to befriend first mathematically, and in best interest sake.

But in the end, she stays put and starts calculating the best possible friendship team she could come up with, as her mind leaves the living plane, and enters the astral plane, slowly but surely calculating the best outcome pos- Just kidding, she just spaces out.
Erina Rosell .png

"My turn now!" A deep voice boomed more like a command than a statement as the green haired male slapped a hand to his chest with a resounding THUD. His mouth held in a tight scowl with his brow furrowed. These introductions were annoying and would most likely be lengthy given the 16 of them so he might as well speak now.

"I'm Kienan Barkley, The ultimate dog trainer. You better not forget it!" Though he conducted himself more like a drill sergeant. His posture was stiff as a board and he had a stubborn aura about him.
a.png
This ordeal he seemed seemed to have found himself in was frustrating. He didn't have time to goof around with all these losers. He has a schedule to keep to. The possibility that this was an actual kidnapping was something Kienan didn't want to consider. So he pushed it out of his head for now. There was no way.

"And if any of ya are pulling some sorta prank ya better spill before I beat it outta ya." He raised a fist in an attempt to look more intimidating. His eyes darted between the lot of them before he went back to a neutral stance with his arms crossed over his chest. He didn't care if the rest of the were ultimates. Kienan wasn't going to cover up his irritation to please some privileged nerds and over-pampered divas.

"Uhmm, is it okay if I speak now?"

The short blond boy rose his hand, not feeling intimidated at all by Juliet's words.

"I'm Riley Proudhide! I go by the title of Ultimate Roleplayer. Let's play a session of D&D some time!"

And it was with those words that the eyes of a green haired boy at the back began sparkling with excitement.

"You're that one boy who streamed that one legendary D&D session at Twitch?"

He pointed to Riley, his cheeks becoming red colored as he realized he had drawn too much attention to him. Since he was already on everyone's sight, he might as well and try to introduce himself. And that's what he did once he cleaned his throat to disguise his embarrassment.

"I'm Gleen Mendel... Uhm... Ultimate Scientist..."

Realizing that wave of introductions was far from done, the dark skinned male with the short dreads sighed and stepped forward.

"Dameon Marroquin. Ultimate Polyglot."

Dameon was very straight to the point, not wanting to stretch that moment much farther.

"A polyglot? Wow, that sounds so cool! Dude, you GOTTA teach me how to curse in different languages later!"

Said the rebel looking pink haired girl. She was somewhat loud and didn't seem to comply with the 'try to be fast' idea.

"I'm Victoria Pierce, by the way. Ultimate Fencer. Don't mess with me or you'll see what my last name stands for."

Some laughter could be heard after Victoria's introduction. It came from the short brown haired girl that helped Chris fix his hair earlier.

"You guys are all so energetic. That's funny, so you better not be plotting something against me. Greetings! I'm Stella Bowker, Ultimate Barista."

The word plotting seemed to have caught the attention of a silver haired girl that had been silent up until now. She had a white dress on and a very delicate face.

"Plotting, huh? I have been thinking the same. Though, since everyone is doing it... I might as well let you know. I'm Aria Willhelm. Ultimate Violinist."

By that point, almost everyone had introduced themselves, except for two males and two females. However, even if it sounded natural for all of them to speak about who they were and what their talent was, there seemed to be a brown haired girl that couldn't help but have confusion all over her face. She kept her chin leaned against her hand, immersed deep into her thoughts.

Last edited:
cameron2.jpg

Famous? Kidnapping? Looking around now, Cameron did see a few familiar faces within the group, but only vaguely. He wasn't the type to follow off-topic news stories anyways, unless they pertained to some kind of research he was currently taking part. Clutching his camera, he was glad he still had that for some sense of normalcy. And was he really the best in his field? Maybe it only included high-schooler's who were the best of the best. After all, why would an influencer be limited to this age anyways, or a dog trainer?

Shaking away the cold feeling of the unknown, Cameron decided that the best action was just that: action.

"I suppose I should introduce myself too. I'm Cameron Codak, and I'm... pretty good at photojournalism."

cameron_intro.jpg

"I GUESS I'M NEXT! Haha, my name is Jacob Hunter and they call me the ULTIMATE Track Star!"

The next one to get the introduction done was a spiky haired male. He was rather tall and seemed to have a rather strong body, but the way he talked was odd. He spoke some random words in a louder tone making it sound like he was shouting. Jacob had a big grin on his face but overall it felt like he was feeling uncomfortable. It was hard to tell what was going on with him.

"What an uninteresting way of getting things started..." Said the goth looking girl, almost yawning. "Not that it matters, but my name is Anna Belle. Yes, I'm the Ultimate Dollmaker, and yes, I will kill you if you make a joke out of my name."

Once she was done speaking, she left a huge sigh. It felt like she was forcing herself to make an introduction. Still, there was one person who hasn't said a single thing about herself. It was the brown haired girl with the confused expression.

"I don't get it. I don't get it at all." She muttered to herself, her expression becoming rather distressed. "How can you guys speak so naturally about these Ultimate titles? Are you telling the truth? If that's it... Then why can't I remember my..."

No matter how you looked at it, there was definitively something wrong with that girl. It didn't feel any comfortable to see her pained like that, and that's why Stella approached her placing a hand on her shoulders.

"You don't have a talent like us? There's no need to feel ashamed. What truly matters is that we recollect our thoughts and figure out what is going on here."

Stella placed a hand on her chest, her tone of voice sounded very soothing. Chloe still looked a bit scared, but she nodded her head trying to not lose her mind right there.

"Thank you... My name is Chloe Windham. But I don't think I recall having an Ultimate title like the rest of you."

As she confessed her lack of talent, she could see some strange gazes upon her. It was only natural, since all of them, she was the only one who didn't have a talent. It wasn't a matter of superiority, but they didn't know each other or had any reason to trust each other, so some suspicion has risen.

"Alright. Maybe it's time for us to discuss what the hell is going on."

Suggested Juliet, who was getting tired from having no answers. Right after her speech, Jack tapped his chin multiple times while trying to organize his thoughts and converting them into words.

"I took my time to explore this building while everyone was still waking up. It seems like we are inside a rectangular building, most likely a school. There are a total of three classrooms, a trash room, a deposit room, an auditorium, a dinning hall, a kitchen, a laundry room, two restrooms and sixteen dormitory rooms. There are cameras inside each of these rooms except for the restroom and the dormitory rooms. It's also notable that each of these rooms also have some kind of monitor. The exit is closed by a metallic door and the stairs to the second floor are protected by iron bars."

Jack really did seem to have done a good job at having a basic notion about their surroundings. Though, before anyone could make any questions, an image appeared at the monitor hanging in the wall of the hallway. Everyone could hear the sound of a bell ringing, something like a "Ding dong, bing bong". At the monitor screen, a weird black silhouette could be seen. The sound was somewhat low quality, but it was easy to understand what was being said.

"Ahem! Ahem! Testing, testing! Mike check, one two! This is a test of the school broadcast system! Am I on? Can everyone hear me? Okay, well then...! To all incoming students, I would like to begin the entrance ceremony at... Right now! Please make your way to the auditorium at your earliest convenience. That's all. I'll be waiting~!"

And with those words, it seemed like the feed being streamed to those monitors had been cut off. The voice behind that speech was so playful. In a situation like that, it could easily be considered disturbing and anxiety inducing.

"Entrance... Ceremony?!"

Stella covered her lips as that video seemed to have gotten on her nerves. That was the confirmation that they were indeed in a school building.

"What the heck- Is it really safe if we go to the auditorium?"

Victoria seemed to have tensed up. She didn't like the idea of having anyone else besides the sixteen of them at that school. It did make her think that something was going to happen.

"And what other option do we have?" Said Juliet. "I know that I'm tired of feeling confused. I wanna know what is going on. Therefore, I think our wisest decision for now would be heading to the auditorium and see what awaits us there."

Chris fidgeted with his fingers trying to think through that. He didn't agree with her choice of words, but he also thought that they should head to the auditorium.

"If this is really a kidnap, then it is important for us to acknowledge our enemy. We might have a better picture of what is going on at the auditorium, so I'm with Juliet."

Even if some students were still unsure about that, when they saw Chris and Juliet, followed by Anna and Jack heading down the hallway, they couldn't help but follow them too. None of that made sense, so even a tiny bit of clarification would make them feel less uneasy. It didn't take too long before everyone was gathered at the auditorium. It was such a large room, and although it should be filled with seats, it was actually empty. All sixteen students had to stand on their feet while they looked to the stage, where a podium was set up with the school crest drawn on it.

The air was filled with tension. No one knew what was coming, and that was probably why there wasn't any chit chat happening. It seemed like whoever was to appear was purposely having them wait a bit longer just so their anxiety could build up to a higher level. But it wasn't too long before he appeared.

What looked like a teddy bear jumped from behind the podium, landing on top of it. It had a weird looking smile and his appearance was weird as well. Half it was white while the other half was black, just like yin and yang. On top of it, his right eye was red, the only place of his body that was neither black nor white.

"Greetings, my students! Welcome to the Ultimate Academy of Hope."

And for everyone's surprise, that teddy bear was moving and talking by its own.

"I am... Monokuma! And I'm this school's headmaster!"

Monokuma Reveal.png

1599788610895.png
-------------------------------------

Mono...kuma?

Headmaster?!?

After taking a quick picture of the strange scene before him, Cameron did a double take. Surveying the natatorium once more, he hoped to see some kind of string, or actor, and *some* kind of reveal, but all he could locate that was mildly suspicious were the few video camera's in the high corners of the room, if even that. And the animal...

"Monokuma? Kuma, as in the Japanese word for Bear, right? Is this your alias towards us, then, some kind of mascot as to disguise your voice or appearance? Most kidnappers do similar tricks, so I'm sure it wouldn't be surprising if that was the case. But to do it such a... bizarre manner? Is this some kind of game to you? Now that I'm saying out loud, though, it could possibly be. Most criminals view their work as 'art' or something dumb like 'entertainment'."

Cameron was glad he had knowledge of these kind of crimes, especially from having a wide look at various uniforms and masks that kidnappers and perpetrators used during their crimes. Although through his years of developing his talent, he was sure that he had never come across once as odd as this, what was it, Monokuma. And why was it just giggling? The group had to have been there for a reason. Was it for money, or publicity? After all, the kind of income, societal of wealth, would be enormous for this amount of talent in one persons hands.

"Oh my? It seems like someone has been watching way too many crime movies."

Monokuma tilted his head to the side a bit as he glanced into Cameron's eyes. His expression seemed to look somewhat curious, but it wasn't exactly that easy to tell when he looked like a teddy bear. Still though, his voice sounded very carefree. If it wasn't for the tense atmosphere everyone found themselves in, that scene would probably look like an awkward prank.

"You've got it partially right! Kuma indeed comes from Bears. With that much knowledge you could easily be part of the Monokuma fan club! But I'm no alias or disguise. And there's no kidnap either. Haven't I told you? I am Monokuma, this school's headmaster. Pleased to meet you all."

The more it talked and moved around in the podium, the lesser it made sense.

"School? Headmaster? T-there's no way that something so bizarre like you could be a school headmaster! Just reveal yourself already!"

A mix of anger and confusion had filled Victoria's face as she pointed to Monokuma. While many were the ones that were speechless and unable to move themselves, some still had the energy to question that absurdity.

"Bizarre....?"

Monokuma lowered his body in defeat, the students could somewhat tell that he had a depressed expression on his face.

"This is so rude... All I wanted was to welcome my dearest students to their new communal school life, but it seems like some of you have no manners whatsoever..."

Anatasia_Demerius.png

Anastasia rolled her eyes at Anna Belle's hesitancy, thankfully everyone else felt comfortable enough to introduce themselves.

Her suspicions were correct, everyone present was an ultimate, with the exception of that plain-looking girl.

Once the introductions were over, the ultimate assistant provided them with a breakdown of the facility they were in, which was then immediately followed by an announcement from the ultimate headmaster. Anastasia blinked several times at the monochrome bear, clearly taken aback by his welcome. None of it made sense to her. What the fuck was he on about? M-Monokuma?...... What the fuck?

The ultimate prophet attempted to suppress her rage with a smile. "I think there might be a misunderstanding, Mr. Kuma... I didn't sign up to be a part of your school, so if you will just excuse me!"

Erina S. Rosell

"A bear... that talks...?"

Irene's train of thought had come at a close as adrenaline and confusion started overriding her body. Almost like in the shows and games she grew up with, a talking mascot animal with a particular design similar to something she swears she's seen before. It was a rabbit from what she could remember, but it's also so similar to the villain of that game. This must've been some sort of cruel joke, that Erina couldn't understand.

"If this is some sort of cruel joke, then it's not funny, Mr Monokuma! I never signed up for this either like Ms Demerius just said!"

Erina said quite fumed, though unlike Anastasia, who was more subtle, Erina came off like a toddler who didn't get the last cupcake at his birthday party. How unbecoming of her, if only she was more mature... I lost the train of thought, I'm a loser narrator.

"Hmm? What do you mean by not signing up? It seems like we've got a little misunderstanding here. Maybe you can't remember because of that thing the school staff did to you guys?"

Monokuma had a puzzled expression, going as far as covering his mouth with his paws. There was also a bit of shock on his face, but one didn't need to think much to realize that it was all acting.

"Besides, I fear you two may not leave this school. Have you not noticed? There is absolutely no way out of the school building! No windows, no doors, no nothing!"

Everything was being thrown at them so suddenly that it was hard to swallow it. Every new piece of information given by Monokuma made that whole scenario sound even more absurd.

"What do you mean there's no way out?!" Juliet gave two steps forward crossing her arms. It looked like she was just about to go ahead and step on Monokuma. "Do you know who you are talking to?"

Fearing she might try attacking him before his introductions were done, Monokuma stood in a defensive composure.

"HOLD UP! And just what was that one SHIT you were talking about a moment ago? About the school staff doing it to us or WHATEVER!"

Jacob muttered while pointing to the headmaster, though it sounded much more like a shout. Before replying, the bear covered his mouth with his paws once again but it was only meant to hold his laughter.

"Sounds like teenagers nowadays can't deal with a little bit of amnesia, hm?"

Even if the truth sounded unbelievable, it seemed like Monokuma was willing to spill some beans.

"Amnesia?!" Stella shook her head in denial. "What is that supposed to mean? Do you really think we're just going to believe that everyone here is suffering from amnesia at the same time?!"

Monokuma couldn't hide his laughter this time. The more despair that emanated from those students, the more the bear seemed to enjoy. Just out of the blue, he jumped out of the podium and landed right in front of the panicking girl, looking up to her eyes.

"But it's the truth! All of you consented in signing up for this academy. And in order to participate in our special course, our staff had to erase your memories. It's simple like that."

Monokuma placed his hands behind his back, swinging his body to the left and then to the right at a slow pace, doing it repeatedly. It was like he couldn't hide his excitement. Stella on the other hand gave a few steps back, her hands trembling as she tried to say something, but words just wouldn't come out of her mouth.

"Now what's up with that reaction? It's as though I just told you what was supposed to be a late game plot twist."

Monokuma lowered his body looking rather disappointed.

Last edited:
Everything just kept getting stranger and stranger. Kienan's face crinkled up in frustration as he listened to this talking thing.

It all sounded fake, communal school life? Amnesia? There's no way. What explanation would there be for that? Like 16 High schoolers would just agree to get locked up inside a school building? Doubt it. If no real explanations were gonna be given Kienan would have to find them one way or another. He was getting more frustrated as time went on. How could that stupid bear keep standing there all cheery? This is serious! Frustrating! Frustrating! Frustrating!

He thumped the side of his head a couple times as he thought but eventually seemed to get an idea as his eyes widened and he pointed an accusatory finger towards Monokuma.

"Hey chew toy! If we signed some sorta paperwork to get in here then were the documents? I demand to see a written contract!"

"Just who do you think you are calling a chew toy?! This is no manners to have with your school headmaster! I can't BEAR such rudeness! If you students don't stop making unnecessary commentaries, I'll never get to explain the rules about this academy's special course!"

Monokuma seemed to have gotten beyond mad with Kienan's insult. He got to the point of showing his fangs and claws to him.

"Special course?" Chris furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms as he approached the bear. "You've spoken about this special course twice. What exactly does that mean?"

Despite his anger, the headmaster seemed to be happy that there was someone interested in listening about what he had to say.

"Oh, you don't know a thing about it? It's the very special reason why you can't leave this school! Otherwise, it wouldn't be a very good Killing Course."

Chris backed his body away, his expression seemed to shout the onomatopoeia "Ehh".

"Killing... Course?" Riley poked his own cheek trying to make sense out of Monokuma's words. "I don't know what that means... But since there's killing in the name, it can't be a good thing, right?"

Monokuma immediately laughed at Riley's words. More and more students gathered around the headmaster who couldn't hide his excitement anymore.

"The reason why you all are attending this academy... Is to participate in our special Killing School Course! From now on, subjects such as math, grammar and history doesn't matter anymore. All you need to focus is on your survival and communal school life! Pupupupu, doesn't it sound so exciting~? To avoid any confusion, allow me to explain further: From now on, all of you will be living together in this school, for the rest of your lives!"

The way Monokuma worded it all made it sound like it was some child's joke. However, at that point, everyone should have realized that they were in a very messed up situation, and even if it sounded absurd, it didn't seem like it was a prank or something of the sorts.

"Here's the catch: If you want to leave that badly, all you have to do is complete the Killing School Course and graduate. There are actually three ways to do that, but the first one is my personal favorite: Killing one of your classmates! Yes, killing! It doesn't matter if it's through burning, drowning, choking, poisoning or you simply stab someone to death. All that one have to do is to kill someone without having the other students finding out they're the culprit and they'll earn the right to graduate and leave this place!"

Erina S. Rosell

K... Kill? "Kill" as in commit homicide?! If this was a real prank, then the time to say "Sike!" was a long time over! And the fact that it's the only way out... Erina was dumb-founded, flabbergasted, shocked, petrified in a state the others would probably be in too. This feel of mixed emotions as well as thoughts...The police would surely come looking for us if we were missing, but how long would we have to live here before anyone killed each other? but... No one here would do that, right?

" The... There's no way anyone in this place would do that at all! Right?! Bloodshed and violence is never the answer to solve any sort of problem... "

Erina said almost instinctively, as her voice echoed in the gymnasium... I think my eardrums broke... augh... What sort of monster would be outer their mind to do such a thing? Who would kill some innocent person they barely even know, just so they can get outside of prison-school. It's not that sirius of a situation is it? We don't even know the current state civilization right now, for all we know we could be safer inside than the outside...

"
There is an alternative solution to this, right? Wait what am I supposed to say after that- "

Pun Count = 1 | Fourth Wall Breaks = 2

It seemed like Erina's question echoed through everyone's mind, panting their soul with a delicate shade of despair. 'There's no way anyone in this place would do that at all! Right?!'. Given they didn't seem to know each other not even the tiniest bit, they had no reason to trust each other. And even if the thought of killing someone just to get out of that strange building sounded absurd, Erina's question was still prominent.

"Upupupu~! That's a very beautiful way of thinking. But if you keep up with that train of thought forever, you might become the first victim, Miss Erina." Monokuma winked at her, he was delighted at how everyone was so eagerly to listen to what he had to say. "In order to explain the alternative ways that you can complete the course, I must first explain additional rules for the main graduation process. When the dead body of a student is found by three or more students other than the culprit, I'll make a body discover announcement! After that, an investigation will take place and after a certain amount of time a Class Trial will be held. There, the spotless students will debate and then vote for who they think the blackened — Also known as the culprit — is. If the blackened is exposed, then they'll be punished for disrupting the order in our school."

"And by punishment..." Aria's voice sounded shaky. "You mean...?"

"Execution! They're the high points of killing games, didn't you know?" Monokuma laughed softly, turning back to Erina. "However, if all the spotless students vote correctly and manage to expose the blackened, only the blackened will receive the punishment, and all other students get to continue to participate in the Killing School Course! However, the thrills of a killing game can't last forever. If only two students remain alive, then they shall earn the right to graduate immediately."

"Only two?!" A shout could be heard coming from Victoria's lips. "Y-you gotta be kidding! That's... That's nonsense! Even if all of this sounds so absurd... There won't be a single murder! B-besides... Didn't you mention there was a third way to exit the school?"

"You're correct! I see everyone is taking me more seriously now. See? Everyone enjoys listening about murdering and things like that." The headmaster began making his way back to the top of the podium, stopping right in front of it. "However, it is a bit too early for us to be talking about the final method. Though, there is certainly no way to complete the Killing School Course without sacrificing some lives. That's an undeniable truth."

Monokuma covered his mouth with his left paw, lifting his right arm as he stretched his body, leaving a yawn.

Last edited:
1600551653436.png
-----------------------------------

This was insane.

Not only had Monokuma confirmed Cameron's suspicions of him being a serial killer, he had also revealed his Modus Operandi immediately into the discussion, though this didn't make it anymore horrifying for the sixteen students standing on the linoleum floor. Having the victims murder themselves? In the vein of famous movie franchises like Battle Royale or Saw, this situation seemed outlandish, even fictional entirely. But no, it was real, as real as the sweat droplets that began to form on his pale, worried face. Still, he had no way to leave, and he was left with strangers that seemed as worried as he was.

The one guy had said that they had scoured the school right? Maybe he had found some exterior rooms that could help them find a weak point in the school. Wait...

"Why a school?"

The bear, "Monokuma", had said that he was a headmaster in a school of Hope. But why a school? Perhaps a more secluded place like a warehouse or private island could be handy, especially because it seemed that this bear and it's user had quite the paycheck to equip his killing games with. He seemed to be leaving them, though he had no idea where, and if it was so confident someone wouldn't just grab it, then it had to have a secret HQ somewhere in the building, right? Or perhaps it really was remotely controlled.

"We're nearly done with the introductions! Just like any other school, we do have rules that shall be followed, so please make sure to check them on your e-handbook, you'll be able to find them in a box behind the podium. You'll know what e-handbook belongs to you by tapping the ID app. It should have your full name and your talent written there." Monokuma kept a straight composure as he explained about the student e-handbooks. "These e-handbooks are also the keys to your room. They all have digital locks and will only be unlocked by using the right e-handbook. There's also additional information you should know regarding your rooms: The cameras inside them are usually turned off to protect your privacy. It does not concern to me what you do inside them. But if our sensor detects that two or more students have entered the same rooms, the cameras will automatically be turned on! So no doing naughty lustful things! I know how boiling hot those hormones can be but I like to have a clean camera feed!"

That was kinda good news. If the rooms were locked and can only be unlocked by the e-handbooks, it meant that at least inside their room, one should be safe.

"There's one more thing that I'd like to explain before heading out. It's about the Cleaning Duty." Monokuma rose one of his paws and showed his fangs as he mentioned that word. "You, the students are responsible for the cleaning of this school. And I would HATE to see it get filled with a ton of trash. Did you know that trash could attract mice? I hate mice! Totally can't bear them! So, if you don't do a good job making sure the school is clean, I'll have everyone undergo a very despair inducing punishment! So make sure everyone will work hard to maintain clean halls and rooms. We have a place to dispose of trash in this school, though in order to access it you'll have to use your e-handbook to unlock it. I've limited the access to one person each day, so you can take turns in cleaning the school while everyone else can plan their murders and whatnot."

Even if he talked about reasonable things like e-handbooks and cleaning the school, it didn't change the fact that everyone was still disturbed at the whole "killing game" idea.

"What the fuck you think you are saying, you cursed teddy bear?" Said Victoria stepping forward and getting herself in a battling stance. "No one will kill a single person here! If you want to play the bad guy, let me show you the strenght of a bad girl."

Following Victoria's lead, some students seemed to have gathered courage to go against Monokuma.

"With the power of the Eternal Flame of Hell I shall burn your filthy body!" Riley's tone of voice suddenly became edgy as he made what looked like a Jojo pose. "If I roll a D10, that is!"

"Yeah! You have messed with the wrong man!" Jack took a deep breath and marched forward, ready to step on top of Monokuma. "Stand back, Ms. Styles! I'm going to protect you!"

As those three students approached each by a different side in an attempt to corner Monokuma in the middle, the bear had a frightened expression.

"Oh no! I'm so scared.... Now what could I do? How about this...?"

Victoria, Riley and Jack watched Monokuma carefully. They were ready to make a move if he suddenly went attack mode, but in actuality the headmaster simply floped his body onto the ground and stopped moving.

"That's... That's it?" Jack approached with a confused expression. "Did we beat him? Did he panic because of us?"

Though before any of them could commemorate, Monokuma's right eye began blinking and his body rolled on the ground towards Jack. The Ultimate Assistant shouted loudly as he ran away, though Monokuma persisted and chased after him through the auditorium while emitting a "beep" sound continuously that became more and more frequent. Fearing the worst, Jacob dashed towards the bear and gave it a strong kick, sending it towards the ceiling before it exploded before their eyes, a loud sound hurting their ears.

"Upupupu~ Violence against the headmaster is strictly prohibited! You should fetch your e-handbooks and read those rules already."

Said Monokuma. That made everyone fall into confusion. Didn't he just explode? How could he still be talking? Though it was only a matter of seconds before they saw there was another Monokuma on top of the podium.

"This time, I'm only showing a fraction of what I can do. But don't dare touch not even my paws! Break the rules and you'll receive a HARSH punishment!" The headmaster shivered in anger, crossing his arms as he tried to keep his composure. "This concludes our entrance ceremony. Watch out for the first blood. I'll be seeing you all soon. Upupupu~"

Having finished his speech, Monokuma allowed his body to fall behind the podium, and with that he had completely disappeared from everyone's sight. However, when Chris went to where the podium was, all he could see behind it was a cardboard box filled with what looked like tablets.

Anatasia_Demerius (1).png

Amnesia.... Killing school course?! What?

Anastasia couldn't take much more of this, she fell to the ground as Monokuma vanished from the scene. It appeared as if despair had already consumed its first prey.

How could this even happen? She had top of the line security; her crazed followers would willingly put their lives on the line to protect the ultimate prophet.

... So how did she end up here in the first place? It just didn't make sense, unless she really did volunteer to be here.... but why would she do that? Was the bear speaking the truth earlier or was this all part of his sick game?

Anastasia felt a sudden throbbing sensation as Monokuma's laugh echoed in her head. This was a lot of taken all at once.

Both Jack and Stella hurried to hold Anastasia up, concerned for her health. Meanwhile, Anna Belle and Chris went to check what was behind the podium, finding the cardboard box with the tablet looking devices.

"This must be the student e-handbooks Monokuma mentioned." Said Chris, picking one of the devices with his hand. "It does look like it functions like a tablet."

The device was gray on the back and had the school crest on it. As more and more students hopped closer, he would hand the e-handbooks from the cardboard until none remained inside.

After being turned on, they could see there were five different apps installed in the device. The first one was simply called "ID" and its icon had a generic silhouette of a person's profile. By tapping the ID app icon, they would be led to a page containing personal information about them, such as their full name and their talent. With that, they could each pick their own student e-handbook and use them as keys to their room later.

The second app had a GPS icon, and was called "Map". By tapping it, they could see the map of the Ultimate Academy of Hope. Actually, only the first floor was available and it didn't add to much more information than what Jack had provided earlier.

Map.png

Moving further, they could see an exclamation mark icon. The app it belonged was called rules, and by tapping them they could access 12 different rules prepared by Monokuma.

Rule #1:

"Nighttime" is from 10 pm to 7 am. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution.

Rule #2:

Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.

Rule #3:

With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore the Ultimate Academy of Hope at your discretion.

Rule #4:

Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras.

Rule #5:

Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.

Rule #6:

Once a murder takes place and three or more students other than the culprit finds the corpse, Monokuma will make the "body discovery" announcement. This indicates the beginning of an investigation.

Rule #7:

A class trial will begin shortly after a body discovery announcement. Participation is mandatory for all surviving students.

Rule #8:

If the guilty party is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.

Rule #9:

If the guilty party is not exposed, they alone will graduate, and all remaining students will be executed.

Rule #10:

The guilty party may only kill a maximum of two people during any single "Killing Game."

Rule #11:

Each day a different student will be assigned the cleaning task. Not performing cleaning duties will result in punishment.

Rule #12:

Lending your e-Handbook to another student is strictly prohibited.

The second to last app had a broom icon and it was called "Cleaning Schedule". However, by tapping it they were greeted with a blue squared background with an interrogation mark in the middle. It was probably the app meant to say who was assigned to cleaning duty that day, but no one was assigned for the first day.

Finally, the final app icon was a sheet of paper with an A+ written on it. It's name was "Extra Courses". Its content was very confusing, as they were greeted with two more icons once the students opened it. The first icon had stacked boxes on it and the sentence "Ultimate Maid's Course" was written next to it. Right below was the icon of a fork and a knife, with the sentence "Ultimate Cook's course" next to it. The way it was all organized made it look like some kind of list, but none of it made sense.

The students took their sweet time trying to find as much information about those strange symbols, to no available. However, it was looking at the ID app that Anna Belle had an idea.

"Hmm, there's something very interesting that has called my attention. If all of our students e-handbooks have our name and talent written on it, then I wonder what's written on Chloe's e-handbook. Maybe it'll help her remember her talent?"

Everyone's attention was drawn to the brown haired girl after Anna's comment. She left a small sigh and took a glance at his e-handbook, before showing the screen to everybody.

"For some reason, it is written that I'm the Ultimate Hacker. However, I don't recall ever being called something like that." She confessed, looking rather nervous as everyone stared at her.

"With a talent like that, do you really think we are going to believe in that 'I don't remember' crap?" Anna crossed her arms, furrowing her eyebrows. "That's obviously fishy."

Chris thought about that situation for a moment. Something didn't seem like fitting.

"But, does it make sense for Chloe to be the Ultimate Hacker?" He sounded a little confused. "I mean, the Ultimates are all high school students, chosen by the Ultimate Initiative. Then, how would they know Chloe is a skilled hacker? Isn't hiding their identity one important skill for a hacker? Would she really be the Ultimate Hacker if the Ultimate Initiative could track her down so easily?"

Chris scratched his chin thinking about that. His questions seemed to leave some students even more confusing while others felt skeptical about the whole situation.

"So you're implying Monokuma might have just made up that information? In that case, it means he might be lying to us. Even about the whole Killing School Course thing." Aria suggested.

"So, in the end you're still a talentless girl, huh? How disappointing." Anna had a mocking tone of voice as she muttered. "But I'll still have my eyes on you. I still don't buy this 'I don't remember' story. Know you're my top priority suspect about who might be behind this whole thing."

Monokuma did a great job putting everyone against everyone. Suspicions have already risen, and it didn't feel like things were about to get any better. After they calmed down a bit, the students split into different groups to explore the whole school for anything that could give further information about the current situation they were in. Even if they didn't find anything that could lead to an escapade, they at least now had a better knowledge about the school layout.

Auditorium

The only new information they were able to find about the auditorium was the fact that the ground behind the podium made a hollow sound when knocked against. There probably was a mechanism that could be used to move the ground, and Monokuma should have been able to get into the Auditorium using that. Still, the most unsettling fact about the auditorium was the lack of seats, making it one big, empty room.

Dinning Hall

The dinning hall had enough tables and seats for all students to enjoy their meals daily. It was directly connected to the kitchen at the bottom, so they didn't have to go too far in order to eat. Unlike the auditorium, the dinning hall actually had windows, but they were all sealed by metallic plates.

Kitchen

The kitchen was filled with expensive utensils and was packed with different ingredients. It came equipped with two ovens, a big refrigerator and a horizontal freezer. According to Monokuma, they would be provided with fresh ingredients daily, so they didn't have to worry about that. Different knives were hanging on the wall, and they could pretty much be used as weapons.

Classrooms

The first floor of the school had a total of three classrooms. They all were equipped with desks, projectors and projectors screen. They each also had a different computer, but they were all locked inside metallic boxes, therefore they couldn't be accessed. Some lockers could also be found inside some of these classrooms, but they didn't have anything interesting inside.

Laundry Room

The laundry room was packed with washing machines and there was also plenty of space for the students to put their clothes to dry. Expensive ironing equipment was provided as well. Washing their clothes definitively wasn't going to be a problem.

Deposit Room

The deposit room was huge and packed with different kind of items, including dangerous weapons such as sickles, hammers, axes, baseball bats and alike. The deposit room was very messy with boxes scattered all over it, so it was very difficult to find anything inside it. Still, it seemed like it would be worth it to explore this place further and see if they could find anything useful for an escapade, but organizing all those boxes would be very tiring and time-consuming.

Trash Room

The students also had a room where they could dispose of trash. Although anyone could enter it, there was a gate made of iron bars preventing anyone from reaching the bottom of the room, where they could dispose of the trash through a hatch on the floor or by using the incinerator. The only way to open the gate is by using the student e-handbook at the digital lock, but only the student assigned to the cleaning task has permission to unlock it.

WCs

Next to the dormitory rooms, two restrooms could be seen. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, but at least that was a place with no cameras.

Dormitory Rooms

There was a dormitory room for each of the sixteen students. They all had digital locks and only the resident could unlock it by swiping their e-handbook using the ID app. The structure of those rooms were pretty much the same, but they all had different items inside, selected by Monokuma to suit the resident's talent.

Locked Rooms

Near the Entrance Hall, two mysterious doors could be seen. The one to the left was a black, fancy looking door that had a digital lock. The room to the right had Monokuma's face on it and had no lock. None of those rooms could be accessed, even after swiping every student's e-handbook at the left door's digital lock.

Entrance Hall

The entrance hall was rather empty and didn't have anything that could be considered attention drawing. The only thing worthy of mentioning was the fact that the door was completely shut. The door itself was metallic and didn't have any kind of lock. It probably could only be unlocked after receiving the authorization of a computer.

Stairs

The stairs that led to the second floor were blocked by a gate with iron bars, similar to the ones found in the Trash Room. However, it didn't have a digital lock. Just like the door at the Entrance Hall, it seemed like those gates could only be opened after receiving the authorization from some kind of device.

Despite all the hope they urged to hold onto, there wasn't a single hint that could help them understand the situation those stundents were in. Much worse, there wasn't anything that could aid them in an attempt to escape either. 16 students, all trapped in an unknown building that one would dare to call the "Ultimate Academy of Hope".

Characters 1.png

With the little hope that still remained in the bottom of their hearts, they marched towards their future. The first day at their imprisonment was over, but that battle was far from being finished. They had to keep fighting, they had to stay strong. If only a single one of them would fall into despair...

Characters 2.png

No. That definitively wasn't a possibility. The only way to survive that situation was cultivate their own hope. Monokuma wanted to put the students against each other, but as long as they worked together to figure a way out, hope should prevail.

Characters 3.png

And that's how it all began. The west's first killing game. An event far worse and tragic than any story any of these students have witnessed their entire life.

Welcome To The Ultimate Academy of Hope!

- End -

After a tiring long day of investigation, each of the students headed to their own room to rest and prepare for what lies ahead. They were exhausted, not only physically but also mentally. That disturbing situation they found themselves in was quickly able to consume all of their mental health. Chloe was no different.

It took her several hours before she finally managed to fall asleep on her bed, holding tightly onto her blankets. She thought that once she fell asleep she could escape from reality and find a bit of comfort. However, nothing but nightmares awaited for her.

She suddenly rose from the bed with a shout, panting as she was sweating. She looked at her own hands and wrists to make sure she was safe before trying to remember what she had just dreamed about. Her head was so cloudy and it hurt, she barely could keep her consciousness.

"Haaah... Ahh.... I-... I have to remember it... The person behind this killing game.... The feared Ultimate Despair... It's among us... I have to find them..."

Chapter 1

Execution Served Extra Bitter

- Daily Life -

Despite the bitter taste of despair that was left on their tongues, all sixteen students had agreed to meet up in the dinning hall in order to have breakfast together and discuss their plan of action for the day. Every single of them should have been woken up by Monokuma's morning announcement, so it didn't take too long before the majority of them was already gathered there.

Chris was sat by a table, being served coffee by Stella. He elegantly took a sip of it and left a sigh of happiness, it seemed like he was very pleased at the taste.

"Now I understand why you're called the Ultimate Barista. It truly fits your work." He complimented, lifting his cup in order to take another sip. "If it weren't for the current situation we find ourselves in, I would have loved to have you as my personal barista."

Victoria, who was right next to him, was shocked by the fact that Chris could afford to have a personal barista. Chris explained that he didn't have a dedicated barista, but had someone do the cooking on his household. Though, it had no comparison when it came to Stella's coffee.

"Uhm... Eh... Mr. Alderidge... Does your household not need an assistant? A jack of all trades? Because I can help with about anything, you know!" Jack was trying to do a shameless advertisement about himself, but it sounded so awkward that Chris didn't even pay attention. He was too busy complimenting Stella's barista skills.

"Worry not, peasant! You can work for me, Emmanuel Nevermind! The heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Novoselic!" Said Riley, who seemed to have an European accent? He was also wearing a cape, one that looked very expensive. It made him look like royalty.

Anna, Juliet, Chloe and Dameon were whispering amongst themselves in another corner. They seemed to be unhappy with how Chris, Riley, Stella and Jack were acting in a situation like that.

"Their ability to stay calm even when their lives are at stake is commendable." Said Dameon, having his arms crossed.

"I think it's pathetic." Retorted Anna. "It's like they don't even understand the situation they are currently in. I cannot stand that."

Little by little, more students gathered at the dinning hall. Stella had prepared a breakfast for everyone with the aid of Jack, so they didn't have to worry about cooking.

Last edited:
Erina S. Rosell
Fourth Wall Breaks: 1
Pun Count: 2
Interactions: No one... yet.

Memories and dreams of that person pass by, as Erina makes her way to the Dining hall. The hallways colours kind of hurting Erina's eyes, as multiple thoughts pass throughout her head. It's almost sad, but seeing as how everyone... Well almost everyone, seems to be friendly, no deaths may occur during her attendance of this course. Why call this a game? Killing is no fun, not even when it's a mindless NPC who you'd never care for or remember in an RPG. Wishing for miracles to happen won't help in any way at all though. At least everyone has a dorm for themselves, a safe space of sorts. Erina could've made it to the Dining hall early if she'd just wake up earlier, But...

"But that may have been the only time I ever dream about the outside world and that person ever again. Why would I even want to wake up from that..."

But even in a fantasy, that story still had a bitter ending to it. Finally making her way to the Dining Hall, Erina let out a big yawn, almost bigger than the Rho Cassiopeiae. All she wanted to do at that moment was flop onto the floor and never wake up. Erina scans the area and begins to ascend her plans of befriending people. But first! She must have a sickeningly sweet breakfast, as Erina makes her way to the kitchen, saying "good morning!" to anyone she passes by.

As she entered the kitchen, it was like a wonderland of food. Inside the fridge, was all the meat packed neatly in the freezer, with vegetables packed on the other shelves. But this wasn't what she was looking for. Erina takes a few eggs and slowly whips up a pancake mix, and as she starts to bake her pancakes, Erina notices the pancake mix next to the Sprinkles and whip cream... Continuing with that, only thirty minutes later, Erina has made a dessert monstrosity. Eight pancakes stacked up one another, with whip cream, sprinkles and strawberries in between each pancake, with the top adorned with chocolate syrup, star-shaped sprinkles, bunny-shaped marshmallows and strawberries all on the top. To anyone reading this, you have the right to vomit now, but personally, this would be my dream breakfast. Erina is going to have diabetes after consuning something like this.

As Erina slowly, and carefully walks out the kitchen with her dolce a la catastrophe that she calls her breakfast, She places it down gently as she takes her seat. Now contemplating how she'd eat this monstrosity. With a small sigh, she gets ready to eat.

"Bon Appetit!"​

Cameron put a plate of pancakes in front of Anastasia. "Eat up, we can't have you collapse on us again like that."

"Oh, I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to cause you any trouble.." Anastasia replied in a meek voice.

Cameron laughed in response. "It's no trouble. We all have to have breakfast, right?"

Sure, so you can poison me and get out of here yourself... I'm not falling for that one, four eyes. I'm not trusting any of you weirdos. Anastasia eyed the pancakes with disdain. She had to play along if she wanted to survive, make them think she's one of them - and when they least expect it, make a run for it. She would surely be a target if she didn't accept this "peace offering" so to speak.

She watched everyone dive into their plates, looking to see any discoloration or choking. It seemed like everyone was fine. "You haven't touched your food, Anastasia. Is everything alright? " Somebody called out from the other end of the table. Great, now everyone is looking at me!

Anastasia simply smiled at the rest of the group. "Ah, yes! I was praying, I can't eat without doing so," she fibbed effortlessly. With her eyes shut, she took one last whiff of her plate before shoving chunks of pancake down her throat.

...!

It was good.

Last edited:

That was a somewhat awkward breakfast. The sixteen students were very suspicious of each other, as they still haven't built any kind of emotional bond with one another. It was possible to notice different kinds of groups forming, but maybe that was just the fact that belonging to a group seemed to be much more safer than wandering around the school alone. Besides that, there was no sign of Monokuma whatsoever.

After half an hour had passed, everyone finished eating their food, giving them a sense of confusion. What were they supposed to do? They weren't just going to begin killing themselves, right?

"Excuse me. There is something I would like to talk about." Spoke Anna, who stood up in the middle of the dining hall, talking loud enough to make sure everyone was listening to her. "It is clear that our situation isn't going to change if we just sit here waiting for answers. I would like to suggest that we continue to explore this place and see if we find something useful that might give us some light."

"I agree with Anna." Said Dameon who also got up from his seat. "I'm pretty sure help is already on its way. Our top priority should be staying safe. As long as we don't panic, I'm sure we'll make it out just fine. Even if this whole situation seem absurd, let's do our best to back each other up."

Dameon was really optimistic that a search party was already looking for them, and that was mostly due to Juliet and Chris being there. Not that they were more important than anyone else in the school, but both of them were public figures and there should be a public commotion as soon as one of them is considered to be missing.

"Even if help doesn't arrive immediately, we'll just have to make our best to keep our sanity for a couple days here. That is why I'd like to suggest three rules for the safety of everyone." Anna smirked, looking around her to make sure everyone was paying attention. "Rule number one is regarding the dormitory rooms. Let's forbid entering someone else's room. Rule number two is regarding nighttime. When there are only four people awake, the four of them should head to their dormitory rooms immediately. As for the third and last rule, once the last four people have headed to their rooms, let's forbid exiting the dormitory rooms altogether until nighttime is over."

Some students whispered amongst themselves, feeling a bit confused as to why Anna was suggesting those rules.

"I don't get it." Said Victoria, crossing her arms. "What are your intentions with this?"

"It's pretty simple." Explained Anna. "The rectangular shape of this school building make it so it is very hard for a murder to happen without any of us noticing. However, it would be much more easier to kill someone inside their room, or during nighttime while everyone else is sleeping, don't you think?"

She said those words with such a natural tone, it was as if she's already used to that kind of situation.

"Murder? Killing?" Stella shook her head, her facial expression seemed to express fear all of a sudden. "We're not assassins! How could you think any of us is capable of killing anyone?"

"Do you want to be the test subject of that, Stella?" Retorted Anna. "Because I surely don't."

Chris took a final sip of his coffee before standing up. He had a serious expression on his face that didn't show much of his emotions. Up until now, he had been very inexpressive ever since breakfast began.

"I agree with Anna." He said with a soft sigh. "I hate to have to doubt anyone, but I would hate even more if any of you suffered any kind of damage. I'd say the safest procedure from now on should be following Anna's instructions."

Some students looked to each other before they one by one nodded their heads, agreeing with Anna's rules. Even though they had an Ultimate Influencer amongst them, it seemed like Anna was also very influential.

After they were done discussing their plans for the day, the students began dispersing around the school. They had a long day ahead, but more importantly than that they were still trying to recover from the shock they had on the previous day. Even if Anna and Dameon suggested they should investigate the school more, some of them were actually looking forward to have some time to themselves and try to find inner peace.

Free Time Event
Start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back