• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e RP Interest Check

Squee

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey all, I'm considering running a detailed D&D RP—that is a detailed RP that uses 5e D&D rules and dice rolls to help determine the outcomes of fights etc. I don't have everything figured out yet, but here's a list of what I do know:

- detailed and literate RP. You would be expected to post a minimum of 2 paragraphs with decent grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. I will possibly make an exception for combat. Anything less than 2 paragraphs will NOT be tolerated—this is not the place for "I scale the wall and use magic missile!"

- Character interaction and development will be expected.

- use D&D 5e rules for characters and combat. Acceptable content includes all published rule books and UA articles. I may use some home brew stuff.

- I would host the RP on another website with a dice roller. (unless this site has one that I haven't found?)

- Players/characters would be accepted based on character/CS quality. You would not need to have D&D experience or know all of the rules, but you would need to know how to write and RP, and how to play/level your character.

I will be stewing over plot. Please let me know if this interests you. 

I'd generally be interested - it would, however, be nice to have a rough estimate on how long a paragraph of yours tends to be. Five lines each? Ten? Just to have an idea what you are aiming for. If you want forty lines in each post, I might not be the person you are looking for - I believe that you can say the same amount of things in fewer words.

I have little experience with DnD and the 5th edition in particular, but that should be fine. I'd most likely stick to the player's handbook, however, since that's the only one I have here.

I'm interested. I'm a little rusty on writing so I'm a bit iffy on if I can meet the requirements, but I know if there's something to write about I can do it (meaning I'd struggle to write a bunch if my character was just doing nothing for a round but if my character is actively engaging in something or is focused on something I should be fine). Character development-wise I should be fine. I play a lot of story-heavy campaigns that require more than just pawns to fight stuff with. I'm relatively familiar with 5e. I've played several one-shots, a Wizard's adventure, and am in a campaign right now. Not familiar with every ruling but I have the books to look things up and its not my first system.

Hey, I'm wondering about what you expect the level of activity to be like? A post everyday, every week, every other day, a few times a day? And how long do you think the campaign will be (for whatever you have planned at the moment)? A few months? A lot of months? A year or so?

And I too would like to know how long paragraphs would be expected to be.

Sorry for all the queries - this does sound great and I would like to play (if we're playing a good-aligned campaign I have a funny little Bard I'd like to bring over) and I am familiar with 5e rules... mostly. I just don't want to throw my hat in only to pull out because I misunderstood what level of commitment was going to be required.

Not sure if we'll ever get a response to this - it's been about a week. I've found another rp to join in the meantime, so I'll probably skip on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back