• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e Campaign

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm looking for three people to join in a D&D 5e Campaign I'm looking to start. We'll be running premade campaigns and using the base resources of 5e including, Dungeon Master's Guide, Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and other premade adventures. My campaign will be full after 3 people join, however if you'd still like to watch or play a campaign of your own with others, I'd be more than happy to have you join. We'll be operating primarly through Discord for organization and gathering players, but I would also like to post a thread here on RPNation for other resources such as recruiting fellow RPN members for campaigns, chatting in preparation, basic character information, and DMs who would also like to run campaigns. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here!

I am interested. I have never done something like this over Discord before, would you be able to share some info as to how that works? And do you have a time you have in mind, so that I can see if it would be viable?

PS - I have been playing for about 4 years, and have DM'd a campaign for about 2 now. I also play FATE.

Last edited:
A L M O S A L M O S
Currently I'm still in the recruiting process of people who would be interested in the first place. As for times, that is one of many tasks we'll be discussing once I have all 5 of my players.

As for how it works on discord, I have a general idea, although it may expand as it becomes more popular. I have a server, and each player will be given two of three roles, one is passive and only gives you viewing permission if you want to spectate, while the other two would allow you the actual power to run/participate in the session. Again, depending on how popular this may become, I'm prepared to put in several hours to add more passive roles to compensate several games being played during similar times/dates, but it is an infant of a server currently.

DVationz DVationz okay then, I am officially interested. I have been DM'ing for so long, that I crave playing. I have so many chars I would love to try out. anything specific you need to make my interest official?

DVationz DVationz okay then, I am officially interested. I have been DM'ing for so long, that I crave playing. I have so many chars I would love to try out. anything specific you need to make my interest official?
Nope, nothing specific, I'll shoot you an invite to the server in PM, feel free to start using it right away if you'd like

I am glad so much interest has been shown, and yes, I am still recruiting for those who may still be interested. However I must inform you that my group has been formed and we are currently deciding times. Anyone else who joins will have to DM their own groups, or organize among yourselves before asking me to DM a second group.

This looks cool are you still looking?
Like I said, my group is full, however, feel free to join the community in case another group starts up or if you want to start your own in the community!

This sounds like a fun setup. However, I'm not too interested in DMing yet another campaign, so it that second campaign already on its way?

This sounds like a fun setup. However, I'm not too interested in DMing yet another campaign, so it that second campaign already on its way?
No it is not. If you can get a group together though, I could see if we can start it up

No it is not. If you can get a group together though, I could see if we can start it up
I mean, I'll join the discord. I'll see if anybody is interested in DMing that second campaign and if nobody is I guess I'll leave. Sound good?

I think one of my RP's here is dying... if it does, I might just be open to DM'ing somthin. I will inform you lot when/if that happens.

I know the feeling - that is why I am so grateful towards dearest DVationz DVationz - It is so much fun to just react for a change, instead of spending hours to prep for the inevitable shitshow on the way.

Would y'all mind if I came to watch? A couple others and I have recently started playing, but we're all newbies, so I think it would be neat to watch a few others play. Maybe if a new group forms soon I'll jump in, if y'all will have me.
Is this a text-based thing on Discord, or is it video/audio?

Would y'all mind if I came to watch? A couple others and I have recently started playing, but we're all newbies, so I think it would be neat to watch a few others play. Maybe if a new group forms soon I'll jump in, if y'all will have me.
Is this a text-based thing on Discord, or is it video/audio?
I wouldn't mind at all. Mostly we do voice based because it's easier for the players in the long run. Currently I'm not home, but when I can I'll shoot you an invite to the server!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back