• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request Custom RP Music for YOUR RP's and Characters!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hello everyone, ChoShadow here!

I am a composer, and I find that writing music simply for its own sake is very difficult to do. I, as a composer, function at my best when I have a defined goal in mind such as filling music to a scene or an idea. I have composed several themes for role-play related characters and RP concepts, and I will link a few of them below for your convenience along with descriptions as to what brought them about.

But first I'd like to make my request: ideas.

Composing music is the purpose of my existence, but again I function at my best when I have a definitive idea to draw inspiration from. Finding inspiration from nothing is next to impossible for me.

I would like to request any and all ideas you have for either characters or RP's which you think would benefit from having their own theme.

For example, this is a theme I wrote for a romantic fantasy RP a while back:

This is a theme I wrote for a more recent RP:

This is a theme I wrote for a user on this site named Yuuki who made an RP based in futuristic United States of America. It has a bit of a story to its narrative, and if you'd like to read it you can go to the SoundCloud page and read it in the piece's description:

This is a piece I wrote for someone about a character in a recent history Germany RP who defects to the US's side after having served alongside Hitler:

And lastly, this is a piece I wrote for an RP I started on this site but which sadly didn't make it very far due to life circumstances drawing me and everyone else away from it:

If you like any of the music you've heard from the pieces above (or if you go to my SoundCloud and listen to others and like them) and you want a theme made for your own character or RP, please hit me up! I'd be happy to read up on your character or RP and get to work constructing music for it. It will usually start out with the kind of software you hear in the final piece on the list before being upgraded to higher grade software.

This process can take a while, especially since I work full time. But if you don't mind the wait then I'll be glad to hear about any ideas you have which you want turned into something solid!

How about a piece for an rp where a group of normal-ish people enter a thoroughly weird world that'd make Lewis Carroll go wtf.

I LOVE YOUR MUSIC SO MUCH

If you're willing to make a theme for my character, that would be awesome :D I don't know what you'll need to get a feel for what I want, but if you let me know that I can give you details and stuff.

ITS BACK HOLY CRAP

ChoShadow ChoShadow

I'm starting up a Quest Log called Hearthbound. It's basically a Homestuck fan adventure. If you're down for it, I'd like to order some themes? It'll probably be a recurring order, but for different subjects of the quest. Also, I'd be willing to pay.

How about a piece for an rp where a group of normal-ish people enter a thoroughly weird world that'd make Lewis Carroll go wtf.

Interesting premise.

Do you have any music samples for me to go off of from either youtube, SoundCloud, etc?

I LOVE YOUR MUSIC SO MUCH

If you're willing to make a theme for my character, that would be awesome :D I don't know what you'll need to get a feel for what I want, but if you let me know that I can give you details and stuff.

Thank you kindly.

I would need to know who your character is down to their deepest and most intimate level. The more information about the character you leave out, the less the theme will truly or accurately represent them.

ITS BACK HOLY CRAP

ChoShadow ChoShadow

I'm starting up a Quest Log called Hearthbound. It's basically a Homestuck fan adventure. If you're down for it, I'd like to order some themes? It'll probably be a recurring order, but for different subjects of the quest. Also, I'd be willing to pay.

I do this because I love composing music, not to make a profit. I expect no compensation for this other than recognition that I wrote it.

As far as the themes are concerned, I'm down. I will need to know as much about the subjects and quests as you're willing to share in order to make sure the themes accurately represent them.

I do this because I love composing music, not to make a profit. I expect no compensation for this other than recognition that I wrote it.

As far as the themes are concerned, I'm down. I will need to know as much about the subjects and quests as you're willing to share in order to make sure the themes accurately represent them.

Yes, but I value your time, energy, and music enough to be willing to compensate you, if you wish to accept. Of course, if you refuse to take my money, I won't really complain either :)

I'll send you a PM so I don't clutter up your nice thread.

Interesting premise.

Do you have any music samples for me to go off of from either youtube, SoundCloud, etc?
Saddly, not at the moment. Perhaps some of the more fancifal pieces from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and some stuff from the animated Disney version of Alice in Wonderland. Maybe some stuff from the live action ones too, but those felt too dark in my opinion.

All in all, I'd say it definitely needs to be something with a whimsical feel around it, to match the rp. I mean, the antagonist's a tapir who also happens to be an evil overlord for chrissakes.

Saddly, not at the moment. Perhaps some of the more fancifal pieces from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and some stuff from the animated Disney version of Alice in Wonderland. Maybe some stuff from the live action ones too, but those felt too dark in my opinion.

All in all, I'd say it definitely needs to be something with a whimsical feel around it, to match the rp. I mean, the antagonist's a tapir who also happens to be an evil overlord for chrissakes.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Any preference on instrumentation?

Not to sound snarky, but I'm not here to design characters. I'm here asking for musical inspiration in the form of either characters or RP concepts.
Oh, yeah. I was just asking if you could make themes for pop culture/crossover characters, not if you could create the characters themselves.

Oh, yeah. I was just asking if you could make themes for pop culture/crossover characters, not if you could create the characters themselves.

It depends on what you want from the themes. If you can give me examples of what you're looking for I can better determine if I'm fit for the job of writing the music.

It depends on what you want from the themes. If you can give me examples of what you're looking for I can better determine if I'm fit for the job of writing the music.
Well, from what you've shown, you seem exceptional at orchestral, but I'm wondering what other genres you could do. Just curious, again, but is techno or rock within your capabilities? I don't want to ask for too much, so I just want to make sure before I make any requests.

Oh my God this is so cool! I definitely have a character that I would love to have a theme for! I would prefer it to orchestral, since he's from a fantasy RP I'm doing.

If you are open to it I have a very intriguing character I would love to see have a theme made of, but of course that is if you would be willing too if I gave you insight into his character.

Well, from what you've shown, you seem exceptional at orchestral, but I'm wondering what other genres you could do. Just curious, again, but is techno or rock within your capabilities? I don't want to ask for too much, so I just want to make sure before I make any requests.

I am comfortable with rock music. This is not the best example, as I have done nothing to mix or master it and it's 100% software. But this is a basic bare bones example of what I could make for a more instrumental and melodic rock style piece:

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford and The Omen of Death The Omen of Death ...

If you would like me to make character based themes, please send me a pm with ALL the details of who your character is down to their most intimate secrets and inner quirks and please do not leave ANYTHING out. The more you give me, the more the theme will accurately represent your characters.

A quick bump for great justice!!

It's the holiday season, and work is slowing down meaning I have more free time to work on things like this!

If you have a character or RP you'd like a theme composed for, let me know!!

This is cool; I like this idea a lot.

So I've got a roleplay that I'm enjoying right now, even though it hasn't gotten very far yet. It's a war between angels and demons, so I'm thinking that in the song, there might be sudden switches in the tune every once in while to show the tides of war turning? I'm not a musician in the slightest, but if you're interested, this is the roleplay and this is my character.

Thanks for any consideration!

~C

This is cool; I like this idea a lot.

So I've got a roleplay that I'm enjoying right now, even though it hasn't gotten very far yet. It's a war between angels and demons, so I'm thinking that in the song, there might be sudden switches in the tune every once in while to show the tides of war turning? I'm not a musician in the slightest, but if you're interested, this is the roleplay and this is my character.

Thanks for any consideration!

~C

I'll take a look see and try to figure something out!

Thanks for hitting me up about this!

Might hit you up on this, I have one or two characters I've been smashing my head against a wall to find a theme for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back