• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Curse of Strahd - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I have sent it. If you don't understand something I did there, please ask. (There is always the change I did it wrong, too.)
As for the avatar I went off giant poisonous snake and modified it according to what the class says under avatar building.

Just a tanky monk. It’s in the books
Gotcha. Sounds good. Thanks. LOL.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I have sent it. If you don't understand something I did there, please ask. (There is always the change I did it wrong, too.)
As for the avatar I went off giant poisonous snake and modified it according to what the class says under avatar building.
Okay! Thank you for sending that. Now I can answer your question from before. Armor that you would get would be granted by that starting gear or by your background. It looks like unless you background fives you armor or money to buy some, you’re starting without it at level 1. But since we’re starting at level 2 and you can only use light armor, I’ll give you a set of leather armor.

That said, there is one part of this class I don’t like and I’m changing. It messes with the action economy quite a bit. Being able to command and cast spells/attack in one round is pretty damn powerful. So, the change I’m making—and I’ve seen it on other summoner classes before—is that commanding your avatar DOES take an action on your part. So you have to actively guide it or you can choose to take your own attack/spell action.

Otherwise the class is super cool.

Gotcha. Sounds good. Thanks. LOL.

Okay! Thank you for sending that. Now I can answer your question from before. Armor that you would get would be granted by that starting gear or by your background. It looks like unless you background fives you armor or money to buy some, you’re starting without it at level 1. But since we’re starting at level 2 and you can only use light armor, I’ll give you a set of leather armor.

That said, there is one part of this class I don’t like and I’m changing. It messes with the action economy quite a bit. Being able to command and cast spells/attack in one round is pretty damn powerful. So, the change I’m making—and I’ve seen it on other summoner classes before—is that commanding your avatar DOES take an action on your part. So you have to actively guide it or you can choose to take your own attack/spell action.

Otherwise the class is super cool.

But like, have you noticed that a lot of classes have multiple attacks (barbarians in rage for instance, a lot of monks by default)? Since both the spells and the attacks I and the animal have are super weak and there's not a great option for me to use better weapons and suchlike, AND the fact that I have a whole of 7 HP, I assumed the two actions sort of compensate that.

But like, have you noticed that a lot of classes have multiple attacks (barbarians in rage for instance, a lot of monks by default)? Since both the spells and the attacks I and the animal have are super weak and there's not a great option for me to use better weapons and suchlike, AND the fact that I have a whole of 7 HP, I assumed the two actions sort of compensate that.
Fighters and Barbarians attack twice at 5th level. Yes, fighters can action surge, but that’s limited. You’re talking about permanently being able to take two actions per turn at first and second level. And with spells no less. I think the average math works out that you’ll be doing a lot more damage per than a fighter.

So a compromise: at 5th level, your command becomes a bonus action. Also, your hit die is a d6. Not a d4.

Fighters and Barbarians attack twice at 5th level. Yes, fighters can action surge, but that’s limited. You’re talking about permanently being able to take two actions per turn at first and second level. And with spells no less. I think the average math works out that you’ll be doing a lot more damage per than a fighter.

So a compromise: at 5th level, your command becomes a bonus action. Also, your hit die is a d6. Not a d4.
Any further thoughts?

Also, Wondertainment Wondertainment , how goes the character?

I think all things considered, we will start the game tomorrow.

Hallow Hallow , Vanira Vanira , Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , dae mec dae mec

MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake

Hey, saw what you wrote about not finding any images of characters with snake eyes and dark hair. I like searching for things on the internet, and I grabbed a couple that you might like. Here's the link. I wasn't quite sure what vibe you were going for, so I tossed a few different kinds. Of course, if none of these catch your interest, you're under no obligation to use them, haha.

Is it? I could swear it says 4 in the pdf file. And Ive already played it with 4 before, so if you're right, I was blind TWICE. O_O

And agreed, thanks!

MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake

Hey, saw what you wrote about not finding any images of characters with snake eyes and dark hair. I like searching for things on the internet, and I grabbed a couple that you might like. Here's the link. I wasn't quite sure what vibe you were going for, so I tossed a few different kinds. Of course, if none of these catch your interest, you're under no obligation to use them, haha.

Whoa, some of those are amazing, I will definitely choose from them! And I am in awe, you are the master of google and should be recognized as such.

Awesome! Question, so the party already together, right? Is the level of familiarity between characters up to us? Or have we all just met?

Awesome! Question, so the party already together, right? Is the level of familiarity between characters up to us? Or have we all just met?
I’m assuming you guys know each other and have worked together in at least one job/adventure. You don’t have to be friends, but you do start as allies.

Also, I figure we can explore whatever history there is through emergent play. As in, bring it in as you play. Improv-style. “Remember the time with the goblins? I’m still mad you left the necklace!”

Wow. No response. Are there any questions? Did my opening scare anyone off? Just thinking about what to say?

Let me know if I can help.

Just posted now! (I was finally activated to help out with the COVID response—been a long time coming, but it still involved a lot of frantic emailing, hah.)

Also, do let me know if I should edit something about my response. I haven't really done a dice game on a forum (as opposed to a more real-time platform), so do let me know if I made a mistake or so on.

Thank you! I'll mainly be doing logistical support on and off through the week, so I'll probably be home more often than not. (I spent yesterday playing the new Animal Crossing... highly recommend it if you want a casual game and have a Switch.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back