• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete | Modern Supers with Dice! (OPEN!)

Snek

Boop the snoot, you get the shoot
EDIT: Sign-up is now open! The link below will take you to the roleplay page. I'm aiming for a group of about 5 or 6 people, so first come, first serve.

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/291039-ctrlaltdelete-modern-supers-with-dice/

I've been developing an idea for a dice roleplay, and I've fleshed out most of the details, so I'd love to see if any of you lovely folks would be interested in giving it a go.

So my idea is a reality identical to ours, up until a couple of years ago, when gashes in the fabric of reality started appearing. No explanation, seemingly no scientific basis, but wherever these rifts appeared, disaster followed. Gravity would temporarily fail, or the air would turn to sulfur, or some horrific creature would plop out of the rift and wreak havoc on the surrounding area. In extremely unlikely and independent instances, these rifts can even change people...give them powers only heard of in the movies and comics. However, the effect of these breaks in our reality are always random, as are the "gifts" they offer to the lucky few.

The plot begins a couple of years after the rips have been appearing, following a ragtag group of individuals from varied backgrounds as they discover the first clues to the causes of these rips, and set out against a mysterious shadow organization that is determined to silence them.

~~~~~

So that's the basic plot, my system would work as follows:

Characters would consist of basic backstories, a list of strengths/weaknesses, and basic ability statistics that mirror what you would recognize as standard tabletop ability scores (Intelligence, Strength, Charisma, etc.). Each character gets a completely random set of powers (I literally go to the Superpowers Wiki and click 'Random Page'), and must interact and cooperate with the other players in the group in order to further the plot. It takes place in the modern world, like our reality, except it's been suffering the effects of these rips. Nations are reacting to the crisis in different ways, and tensions are high. In some instances, operating outside the law is the most expeditious route to victory.

At fixed intervals in the plot, as well as on occasional random chance, one of two things will happen. A rip could appear, which offers players either the chance to reroll their power for a random new one, or devastates the area with a random ambient effect or summons otherworldly beings to fight. The other possible event is a random plot twist of some kind, either focused on one of the characters or targeted at multiple members of the group. A character could lose a loved one, have a revelation, discover a newfound rivalry with another group member, develop a new addiction or fear, or any number of other good or bad swings in the plot to throw the characters for a loop.

The general idea is that random twists keep the story fresh and interesting, and players get the opportunity to pilot their characters through a variety of experiences and wield at least a few powerful abilities at their fingertips in their quest to save the world. There are dice rolls for ability checks, and combat functions through a system in which damage and health is mediated with Major Wounds and Minor Wounds. Five Minor Wounds equals a Major one, and the more powerful the enemy (or player), the more Major Wounds they can sustain before falling unconscious, suffering vital injury, or even dying.

So that's basically it. I'm currently considering random character creation as well, but lemme know what you guys think. Interested? Confused? Skeptical of my dubious entertainment methods? Leave a comment! I'm always willing to suffer my fragile ego at the hands of you folks ;)

~VK

Edit: If you have suggestions or ideas about things to include/change, definitely post those too! All ideas constructive to the experience are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't read your whole thing, I'm interested and pressed for time from real life stuff right now bye!

I'm interested in this one 
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

But I'm rather new to dice roleplay so hand-guiding might be needed from time to time

I'm interested in this one 
Emoticon1-ClosedEyesOpenSmile.png

But I'm rather new to dice roleplay so hand-guiding might be needed from time to time

This one is very freeform and simple. Dice rolls occur when attempting a task beyond average human capacity. Beyond that, it's all player-intuitive and you have complete control over your character (unless things get too off-course or when someone tries to do something heinous. Then the DM fist emerges from the heavens to smite you down).

Oh I'm so interested. I feel like my power will either be game breaking and my character will never use it because its too powerful for the situation, or I'll have the power of a level 1 slime.

Oh I'm so interested. I feel like my power will either be game breaking and my character will never use it because its too powerful for the situation, or I'll have the power of a level 1 slime.

LOL. It's hit or miss most of the time. When I tested it in person with some friends, one of them got this crazy mass-to-energy conversion power, and one of them just got flight and nothing else xD

Looks like this has some decent interest. I'll start working on the pages and I'll be sure to tag you all when it's done. Cheers!

Update: I'm still working on getting this up, other things been happening IRL so I'll get cracking very soon. Thanks for your patience~

We could always use the RpNation Discord, I'm sure there's an empty channel somewhere on there that we could utilize.

My availability is as follows (US Central time):

M - unavailable

Tu - All day until 6pm

W - unavailable

Th - all day until 6:30 pm

F - all day

Sat + Sun - all day

We could always use the RpNation Discord, I'm sure there's an empty channel somewhere on there that we could utilize.

My availability is as follows (US Central time):

M - unavailable

Tu - All day until 6pm

W - unavailable

Th - all day until 6:30 pm

F - all day

Sat + Sun - all day

I live in the UK so I can do sat+sun just fine, if work pops up then that's an issue

My availability is as follows ( UST ):

M - All day from 5 PM

Tu - All day from 2PM

W - All day from 5PM

Th - all day From 2 PM

F - all day from 5PM

Sat + Sun - all day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back