• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [CS] Suncrest Complex - Reboot

20160225205536_aQRPz.jpeg
Aurelia Noelle Matthys
Ella | Noelle | Lia
━━━━ ⋄☆⋄ ━━━━
● B A S I C S ●
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Job: Fantasy author, University Student
Apartment: (Bold once approved) Unit 605

P H Y S I Q U E
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 108 lbs
Body Shape: slim and delicate

Aurelia is a pretty girl--slim and dainty, who seems almost like she'd break if handled the wrong way. Her long hair cascades in waves down to her knees and blunt bangs frame her delicate features. Thick lashes surround her deep, dark chocolate eyes, which seem to twinkle with hidden knowledge of unseen worlds and untold secrets. A small mole graces her right cheek, just under the eye. Her skin is pale, nearly translucent from lack of sun exposure. Her lips are soft and pink.

She is susceptible to cold, so she often wears sweaters and cardigans. Noelle is also fond of dresses and stockings/socks, both of which make up the majority of her wardrobe.

● P S Y C H E ●

Vices: overestimates herself, willful, stubborn
Virtues: observant, imaginative, curious, charming

Aurelia seems almost…fleeting. Like a hummingbird, flitting to and fro, never staying long, or a fairy who is there one moment and gone the next. She has a tendency to shift her focus between different things even in the midst of conversation; don't worry, though--she's still listening. Kind of.

She's an imaginative girl who takes inspiration from even the smallest things, weaving them into dynamic and colorful stories. When out and about she's grounded and observant, paying close attention to her surroundings and noticing things others may not, but when she's alone she drifts into a fantasy world of her own.

Her seemingly weak demeanor compels others to want to look after her, but she doesn't make it easy; she's like a puppy that always manages to wiggle under the fence when you just want them to stay in the yard for their protection. She hates to be confined and told what to do all the time. She lives in the moment and lives to the fullest.

In truth, she secretly holds a jealousy in her heart for those who can run, walk, and live normally. She wants to be independent and free, not coddled like a baby because of her health. As a result, she developed a bad habit of biting off more than she can chew, sometimes overestimating herself or underestimating a task, but when things get though she has difficulty asking for help.

+storytelling
+adventure
+butterflies
+being outdoors

Dislikes
-confined spaces
-staying in one place for too long
-being ordered around
-feeling incapable
-bitter foods
● B A C K G R O U N D ●

Noelle was born in the Seaside country, growing up on her family's hot spring resort. She was a sickly child, born with a heart defect that left her body weak and frail. Her life to date was spent mostly in the hospital or indoors. Her parents never let her leave the grounds of the main house, so she was forced to merely watch as the children around her ran and played and grew up normally. As time went on, she found herself longing more and more to get out of the house, and soon took to sneaking away off the property to explore the surrounding country, walk along the hiking trail, and observe the world she couldn't see from her bedroom window. She never got far, but it got her in trouble, nonetheless.

Her lively nature and stubbornness to live the way she wanted did not disappear with age, but neither did her condition. She's had two major episodes in the course of her life, driving her back into the hospital. Those times were the hardest, but she comforted herself by weaving stories from nothing, imagining herself as the heroine in a far-off world, forgetting where she really was. Her career as fantasy author began in her hospital bed, where she posted her short stories online. Her writing quickly gained popularity and a large following, catching the attention of publishers. Currently, she writes under the simple pen name "Noel".

As Noelle grew she became more and more difficult to keep track of, always managing to slip away somewhere else. Eventually, her parents had to give in to her desire to be more independent and her incessant begging to go to university; even their delicate little girl had to grow up sometime. Aurelia moved into her apartment suite with her nanny Joanne to be closer to the Uni, and consequently the hospital, to begin her new (mostly) independent adulthood

● E X T R A S●

Family
Amos Matthys father, 47
Mayu Matthys mother, 43
Joanne Arlo Nanny (practically Noelle's second mother), 56

Pastimes
-Takes frequent walks in the evening
-Occasionally volunteers to read to children at libraries or hospitals
-dabbles in flower arrangement

Pets
none at the moment, but hoping to get a parakeet if she can convince Joanne

Current Job Standing
Stable

Tidbits
-There are just two in the apartment
-She's kind of afraid of the dark
-Currently trying to learn French on Duolingo
-Prefers to be called Noelle

You write so beautifully, I love it. Welcome to Suncrest. Are you sure you don't want an apartment with two bedrooms or the single plus since you have two people in the apartment?

You write so beautifully, I love it. Welcome to Suncrest. Are you sure you don't want an apartment with two bedrooms or the single plus since you have two people in the apartment?

oops. Was 605 not a two bedroom? Which one should I pick? ;v; sorry i'm a bit confused ahh

Jamie Hunt
upload_2017-10-23_22-36-36-png.363875
55i7N0S.jpg
Name: James Hunt
Nickname: Jamie
Height: 6’1
Weight: 160 lbs
Sexuality: Bisexual
Job: Photographer and Blogger
Apartment: 206

Personality: Jamie is a reckless young man who often doesn’t think too much before doing something dangerous. He lives in the moment, and has a knack for exploring things. This means he is pretty much willing to go anywhere and explore every inch of where he goes, not caring whether it’s considered “legal” or “safe”. When interacting with others, Jamie likes to meet people and hear their stories. Be warned, as he can ask a lot of questions sometimes. He likes to joke around, but can empathize when he needs to. However, he isn’t very good at staying focused sometimes.

Likes and Dislikes:
+ Taking pictures
+ Climbing and Rooftopping
+ Exploring
+ Music that isn’t country
+ Clothes and Shoes

- “Lame” people
- Rules
- Country music
- Boredom
- Stationary jobs

Background: Jamie was an only child to two successful nature photographers, and spent the first part of his life living on the road with his parents. His parents educated him some school subjects, but most of his education was through nature and photography, which became his two passions. His family traveled all across the world, from hiking through the European alpine to rafting down frigid Canadian rivers to climbing towering rock faces in Yosemite. This is how he acquired his love for adventure.

Jamie’s life took a sharp 180 when his Mom had a serious accident while the three were climbing a mountain. She was leading the group, and didn’t test a snow bridge that was crossing a crevasse. She started to walk across it but the bridge collapsed halfway across. She ended up seriously breaking her leg and injuring her hip, which is what prompted them to move to the city life when Jamie was 16.

Jamie wasn’t super accustomed to city life, which included school. He wasn’t good at any of his classes, except for a photography elective that he looked forward to every day. He skipped school often, and spent his afternoons and evenings taking pictures around the city. He started out on the ground, but then he started to find his way to rooftops to take pictures and to take some stress off from school. In the middle of senior year, he started his blog documenting his exploration of the city he was living in, as well as the people in it, called “Jamie’s Lens.” He started to interview people on the street and personalities in the city and post their pictures and stories on his blog. It blew up in his city and he became a local star.

Jamie barely graduated from his high school and stayed with his parents working on his blog for a year before spending 2 years traveling to big cities to expand his audience to promote his blog. He also started putting his name out as a professional photographer, which he made some money from. He decided to settle down in the exciting city of Seaside to further his career and to meet new people. The vastness and diversity of it appealed to him, and he can’t wait to see what he can find.

Extras:
Have any family members?
“Yep, got good ol’ Mom and Pop. They’re still hanging in there. I also have a few weird uncles on my Dad’s side, but they never married and instead just live in their vans and rock climb everywhere. They constantly tease my Dad for being the only one in the family who actually married someone.”

Any pastimes activities?
“Is this even a question? My job is practically a pastime since it’s my favorite thing to do. I get paid to explore and take pictures, though to be fair I don’t get paid a ton. I like to rock climb a lot, and ski, and practically every outdoor activity. In fact, I think I just like going from point A to point B, or something like that.”

Do you have a pet?
“If I had a dog, I wouldn’t be able to ever leave my house out of guilt, so I won’t be getting one any time soon”

Current standing in your job?
“Jamie’s Lens is going pretty well, I’m making just enough to live in Seaside, and my other photography contracts get me enough to enjoy some luxuries like clothes and maybe some food that isn’t ramen.”

How many are in your current apartment?
“Well jeez, if it’s a studio apartment I really hope it’s just me.”

Anything you would like add?
“I’m always looking for models for my photography adventures, so just talk to me if you ever want a dope picture of yourself!”

Sorry for the lack of BBCode, it's very scary and nothing was working out for me <3

Last edited:
Jamie Hunt
upload_2017-10-23_22-36-36-png.363875
55i7N0S.jpg
Name: James Hunt
Nickname: Jamie
Height: 6’1
Weight: 150 lbs
Sexuality: Bisexual
Job: Photographer and Blogger
Apartment: 206

Personality: Jamie is a reckless young man who often doesn’t think too much before doing something dangerous. He lives in the moment, and has a knack for exploring things. This means he is pretty much willing to go anywhere and explore every inch of where he goes, not caring whether it’s considered “legal” or “safe”. When interacting with others, Jamie likes to meet people and hear their stories. Be warned, as he can ask a lot of questions sometimes. He likes to joke around, but can empathize when he needs to. However, he isn’t very good at staying focused sometimes.

Likes and Dislikes:
+ Taking pictures
+ Climbing and Rooftopping
+ Exploring
+ Music that isn’t country
+ Clothes and Shoes

- “Lame” people
- Rules
- Country music
- Boredom
- Stationary jobs

Background: Jamie was an only child to two successful nature photographers, and spent the first part of his life living on the road with his parents. His parents educated him some school subjects, but most of his education was through nature and photography, which became his two passions. His family traveled all across the world, from hiking through the European alpine to rafting down frigid Canadian rivers to climbing towering rock faces in Yosemite. This is how he acquired his love for adventure.

Jamie’s life took a sharp 180 when his Mom had a serious accident while the three were climbing a mountain. She was leading the group, and didn’t test a snow bridge that was crossing a crevasse. She started to walk across it but the bridge collapsed halfway across. She ended up seriously breaking her leg and injuring her hip, which is what prompted them to move to the city life when Jamie was 16.

Jamie wasn’t super accustomed to city life, which included school. He wasn’t good at any of his classes, except for a photography elective that he looked forward to every day. He skipped school often, and spent his afternoons and evenings taking pictures around the city. He started out on the ground, but then he started to find his way to rooftops to take pictures and to take some stress off from school. In the middle of senior year, he started his blog documenting his exploration of the city he was living in, as well as the people in it, called “Jamie’s Lens.” He started to interview people on the street and personalities in the city and post their pictures and stories on his blog. It blew up in his city and he became a local star.

Jamie barely graduated from his high school and stayed with his parents working on his blog for a year before spending 2 years traveling to big cities to expand his audience to promote his blog. He also started putting his name out as a professional photographer, which he made some money from. He decided to settle down in the exciting city of Seaside to further his career and to meet new people. The vastness and diversity of it appealed to him, and he can’t wait to see what he can find.

Extras:
Have any family members?
“Yep, got good ol’ Mom and Pop. They’re still hanging in there. I also have a few weird uncles on my Dad’s side, but they never married and instead just live in their vans and rock climb everywhere. They constantly tease my Dad for being the only one in the family who actually married someone.”

Any pastimes activities?
“Is this even a question? My job is practically a pastime since it’s my favorite thing to do. I get paid to explore and take pictures, though to be fair I don’t get paid a ton. I like to rock climb a lot, and ski, and practically every outdoor activity. In fact, I think I just like going from point A to point B, or something like that.”

Do you have a pet?
“If I had a dog, I wouldn’t be able to ever leave my house out of guilt, so I won’t be getting one any time soon”

“Jamie’s Lens is going pretty well, I’m making just enough to live in Seaside, and my other photography contracts get me enough to enjoy some luxuries like clothes and maybe some food that isn’t ramen.”

“Well jeez, if it’s a studio apartment I really hope it’s just me.”

“I’m always looking for models for my photography adventures, so just talk to me if you ever want a dope picture of yourself!”

Sorry for the lack of BBCode, it's very scary and nothing was working out for me <3
Don't worry about bbcode. It looks great! You are a go, and you can start when ever you want on IC.

okay; informal;
word describing a foreign sensation that you use when they start to realize what you're really feeling.

✕✕✕

character information;

name
rayne cessair

•nicknames•
rainy

•age•
eighteen

•height•
five foot two

•weight & body type•
somewhere around seventy pounds, tiny and severely underweight

•description•
if he weren't so unhealthy, rayne would most certainly look like something from a forgotten fairytale penned long ago. with hair of the purest snowy white falling over his ashen face in fluffy strands, he appears almost ghostlike. there's an intensity in those violet eyes that will take your breath away, though he doesn't use this lightly. keeping them rimmed in a black liner that contrasts sharply with his complexion, rayne has a way of unintentionally startling even those he's never met.

though the young boy could perhaps have been a strange sort of beautiful under better circumstances, most see the dark circles and the glassy eyes before they truly see him. while the medical mask he wears almost daily does a good job at disguising any bluish tint to his lips, it's clear to most that something isn't right with the white-haired boy.

rayne dresses in oversized sweaters and scarves throughout most of the year, their bulkiness nearly swallowing up his tiny form. it looks rather comical, but as he is always cold, they do come in handy. otherwise, he prefers darker clothing and has a style that could be considered casual emo or alternative.

•gender•
male

•sexuality•
pansexual

•job•
art student, works part time at a music store

•apartment•
unit 212

•personality•
those who only encounter rayne briefly would probably describe him as polite but rather distant. that couldn't be further from the truth. the boy tries his hardest to be kind and selfless, though perhaps sometimes he goes about it all wrong. while rayne desires nothing more than to share friendship and perhaps more with another person, he generally keeps to himself so they don't grow to love him and end up hurt when he meets his inevitable fate.

due to his illness, mortality weighs heavy on rayne's mind, and despite his best efforts, he may occasionally come off as morbid or creepy because of this.
though a pessimist at heart, he does try to at least remain optimistic on the outside for the benefit of those he cares about.

as he is physically very weak, rayne's hobbies mainly consist of things like reading, drawing and painting. he is a gifted artist and spent much of his time in the hospital honing his talent, so much so that he earned a scholarship to the local art school and is currently studying there. when not being creative, rayne enjoys losing himself in a good book and spending time alone in little cafes and coffee shops. he takes comfort in their warmth and normality, as well as the coffee itself.

•likes & dislikes•
+coffee (with extra sugar)
+fall and spring
+artwork
+animals of all kinds
+reading
+the ocean

-hospitals
-alcohol
-meat (he is a vegetarian)
-cold winters & hot summers
-the limitations imposed by his health
-pity

•background•
rayne was given up for adoption shortly after his birth and has never met his biological parents, though he is currently looking for them. while he was a sweet, affectionate child that rarely caused trouble, he was passed around a fair amout due to the strain his health put on his various caretakers and only found a more permanent family at age sixteen. having recently turned eighteen, rayne left his old home to pursue his childhood dream of becoming and artist and living independently, as he knows his time may be limited.

•extra•
rayne is suffering from a severe case of 'generic terminal plot device illness', for which there is no known cure...

•family members•
his adoptive family, though they live rather far away and rarely get a chance to visit their son.

•pastimes & activities•
drawing, painting and reading.

•pets•
none at the moment

•current standing in job•
rayne works part time at a music store whenever he feels well enough.

•how many in current apartment•
just him

code by spookie spookie

Character Application
Name:

Ashley Winter
Nickname/Allies:
People call me Ash, mainly.
I am 27. You don't believe me? You wanna check my ID?
Height:
5'8
Weight/Body Shape:
176 lbs, lean, through strong enough to carry full Kevlar and protective gear.
Description:
suncrest.jpg

Ashley has red hair, Amber colored eyes, and has a slightly paler complexion than most. She does happen to have scar tissue on her abdomen, and some slash marks on her arms.
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Job:
I am a proud service member of Seaside's own Special Weapons And Tactics team.
Apartment:
Room 602
Personality:
I am, I like to think this at least, a fun person to talk to. Sure I may be sorta shy to open up at first, but having a notorious title like being a member of the group of people who bust druggies and arms dealers, people tend to not talk freely. Not that I can do anything to 'em when I'm off duty.
Likes and Dislikes:
Books, I love books!
Music is sort of a given, I feel.
Dogs, they are just the best!
Singing, I find a lot of fun in that.
Cars, I'm not much of a gearhead, but I can spot a classic from a mile away. I actually own A hand-me-down GT350 from the 60's.
As for dislikes... Coffee can't really stand the stuff.
Cupcakes... because people always put too much frosting on them!
Trucks, because the people who drive them put these obnoxious ass mufflers on them to make them seem cool.
Spiders... It's almost a fear more than a dislike. But I can keep my cool... most of the time.
Background:

This stays with me, I don't think this is necessary for a tenant application...
Have any family members?
My father is out in... Germany..? Somewhere near there, for some private security firm. My mom is... dead. And my brother moved to Florida a few years ago.
Any pastimes activities?

Ahm... Reading, and music. I do Karaoke on occasion.
Do you have a pet?

Sadly, no I do not. I don't have the time to keep one
Officer, Second Class.
Just me
Not really...

(picture of car)
suncrest 2.jpg

Name: Aytac Ibrahim Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 5"5"
Weight/Body Shape: 125 lbs/Average
Description:
12307593_f520.jpg
She has long black hair, pale skin and black eyes. She weighs 125 lbs with an average build and is 5'5" in height though it makes her self-conscious.
Job: Early Childhood Education & English as a Second Language Teacher.
Apartment: Unit 803
Personality:
Aytac likes to be challenged and very brave, though at times she is scared. She suffers from nightmares due to her childhood of growing up within a war all her life. She has a stubborn personality and isn't one to give up on something once she puts her mind to it. Family is very important to her, and she spends her nights working to send money back to her mother and younger siblings, leaving her older brother to personally take care of the family until she is able to return upon graduation. She loves children and wants to make a difference in their lives which is why she chose to major in Early Childhood Education. Often, she will wake up in the middle of the night due to nightmares and if she hears gunfire she shuts down.
Likes and Dislikes:
Likes-
Children
She likes to read, paint, garden and do photography:
Traveling the world
Animals
Studying
The colors blue and green
Dislikes-
Parties
War
Thunderstorms
The color red as it reminds her of blood
Being abandoned
Guns
Violence
Background:
Aytac's father was a Greek Muslim while her mother was Turkish. They met in Syria where her father was visiting relatives and her mother was a nurse. But this was a time when there was unrest, a period between Bashar's uprising and their involvement in the Iraq War. All that Aytac has known is war and fear from the time she was a baby. Her father was killed in an attack when she was eight, leaving her mother to raise four children alone. Despite the violence, Aytac forced herself to attend school, as much as she was able, with the violence around her. After her father's death they moved in with her father's parents where they found a bit of stability. Aytac helped to care for her paternal grandparents and did odd jobs around the village her parents lived in until she turned seventeen when her family finally returned home to Ankara, Turkey. She got pregnant at seventeen after getting raped at her job by a tourist. As soon as she turned eighteen, she signed up for the university in New York and got a sponsorship before flying to America to begin a new life with her son.

During college she worked as a part time waitress in addition to her scholarship. In between work and studying she took care of her son and sent a little money back to her mom so the burden of helping wasn't totally on her older brother's shoulders. In school she began taking classes to get certification to be an English as a Second Language Teacher and went to New York after graduation to get certified to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) overseas. She's recently come back from two years of teaching abroad in Vietnam and moved to this little neighborhood.
Extra: She's Muslim and is raising her three children in her faith.
Have any family members? A son named Hakan and two daughters named Ebru and Sabah. Mother and several siblings back home in Turkey.
Any pastimes activities? Reading, Drawing, collecting snow globes and water globes
Do you have a pet? A cat
Current standing in your job? She is in her first year of teaching Early Childhood at the new elementary school.
How many are in your current apartment? 4
Anything you would like add? No

Name: Hakan Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 4'1"
Weight/Body Shape: 50 lbs/Athletic
Description:
giphy.gif
He has short black hair, fair skin and blue eyes like sapphire gemstones.
Job: Third-Grader at local elementary school
Personality: He loves his younger sisters and loves school. He loves the water and running, his favorite sport is soccer. His mother enrolled him in swimming lessons and horseback riding lessons which he enjoys as he likes being outdoors when he isn't in school. He is rather shy around strangers and finds it hard to make friends but is also a doting older brother to his younger siblings and helps out his mother when she needs it. He would move the world for his mother and sisters if he could. He hates war as he often hears his mother crying at night when she wakes up for a nightmare and wishes there was something he could do to make his mother better. He is an intelligent and analytical child who loves working with his hands, reading and doing art.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Books
+Art
+Spiderman and Batman comics
-Seafood
-Homework
-Gym
Background: He was born in Ankara Turkey. When he was two months, his mother took him and immigrated to the USA to go to school where they lived in an apartment off campus. They moved back to Turkey when he was in preschool and lived in Turkey for a few years before his mom got a job in China. They lived there for a year and then in Vietnam for two years as his mom taught ESL to other children. During this time his mom applied for citizenship for the family to live in the USA as she wanted her children to have the ability to go to school without living in a war zone and they managed to come back to the States where his mom got a job in a local elementary school.
Extra: Like his mother and sisters, he is Muslim.
Have any family members? Mommy, Ebru, Sabah
Any pastimes activities? Reading
Do you have a pet? The family cat
Current standing in your job? N/A

Name: Ebru Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 34"
Weight/Body Shape: 26.5 lbs/Slim
Description:
large.jpg
She has violet hair with amethyst eyes and fair skin. Her hair is worn in in a shaggy layered cut.
Job: N/A
Personality: She likes reading and arts and crafts though she doesn't like going to daycare as she's away from mommy. When mommy comes she is rather clingy and doesn't like thunderstorms.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Helping cook
+Mommy
+The park
-Bathtime
-Daycare
-Thunderstorms
Background: She was born when the family was in Vietnam in Ho Chi Min City. After turning two, the family moved to the USA where mommy took a job in a local elementary school and they left the humid country of her birth behind.
Extra: N/A
Have any family members? Mommy, Bro'fer, baby sis
Any pastimes activities? Banging Pots and Pans
Do you have a pet? Family cat

Name: Sabah Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies: N/A
Height: 21.2"
Weight/Body Shape: 9.6 lbs/Average
Description:
latest

She has fair skin with brown hair and amber-brown eyes.
Personality: A quiet baby unless she is frightened and then she cries like the hounds of hell after her. She isn't clingy and sleeps a lot.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Her family
+Story time at the library
+Bath time
-Loud noises
-Darkness
-Doctor Office
Background: She was born in the USA.
Have any family members? Mama, Bro'fer, Sissy
Any pastimes activities? Sleeping

Name: Chaisai Jadhav
Nickname/Allies: None
Height: 5'10"
Weight/Body Shape: 132 lbs /Lean & Athletic
Description:
1121634_150433579718354.jpg

He has fair skin, brown eyes and short black hair.
Job: Nurse
Apartment: Unit 206
Personality: He spends most of his time meditating to gain enlightenment into the nature of the universe, reading or being outside. He engages in martial arts and Tai Chi as well for stress relief and so he can defend himself but he would rather avoid violence altogether. Is generally a quiet person who tends to keep to himself and doesn't have any friends.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Being out in nature
+Reading
+Crossword Puzzles
-Violence
-Meat
-Heights
Background: The only thing he will say about his childhood is that it was rough. As a teen he was in and out of trouble with the authorities. On his eighteenth birthday he was kicked out of his latest foster home and went to jail for a year before straightening out and heading to college at nineteen up north. When he graduated he came to New York for residency and got a job in the local hospital.
Extra: He's a Theravada Buddhist and a Vegetarian
Have any family members? No
Any pastimes activities? He engages in Tai Chi and Martial Arts, Meditating, Reading, Hiking
Do you have a pet? No
Current standing in your job? First Year
How many are in your current apartment? 1

Last edited:
Name: Aytac Ibrahim Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 5"5"
Weight/Body Shape: 125 lbs/Average
Description:
12307593_f520.jpg
She has long black hair, pale skin and black eyes. She weighs 125 lbs with an average build and is 5'5" in height though it makes her self-conscious.
Job: Early Childhood Education & English as a Second Language Teacher.
Apartment: Family Apartment
Personality:
Aytac likes to be challenged and very brave, though at times she is scared. She suffers from nightmares due to her childhood of growing up within a war all her life. She has a stubborn personality and isn't one to give up on something once she puts her mind to it. Family is very important to her, and she spends her nights working to send money back to her mother and younger siblings, leaving her older brother to personally take care of the family until she is able to return upon graduation. She loves children and wants to make a difference in their lives which is why she chose to major in Early Childhood Education. Often, she will wake up in the middle of the night due to nightmares and if she hears gunfire she shuts down.
Likes and Dislikes:
Likes-
Children
She likes to read, paint, garden and do photography:
Traveling the world
Animals
Studying
The colors blue and green
Dislikes-
Parties
War
Thunderstorms
The color red as it reminds her of blood
Being abandoned
Guns
Violence
Background:
Aytac's father was a Greek Muslim while her mother was Turkish. They met in Syria where her father was visiting relatives and her mother was a nurse. But this was a time when there was unrest, a period between Bashar's uprising and their involvement in the Iraq War. All that Aytac has known is war and fear from the time she was a baby. Her father was killed in an attack when she was eight, leaving her mother to raise four children alone. Despite the violence, Aytac forced herself to attend school, as much as she was able, with the violence around her. After her father's death they moved in with her father's parents where they found a bit of stability. Aytac helped to care for her paternal grandparents and did odd jobs around the village her parents lived in until she turned seventeen when her family finally returned home to Ankara, Turkey. She got pregnant at seventeen after getting raped at her job by a tourist. As soon as she turned eighteen, she signed up for the university in New York and got a sponsorship before flying to America to begin a new life with her son.

During college she worked as a part time waitress in addition to her scholarship. In between work and studying she took care of her son and sent a little money back to her mom so the burden of helping wasn't totally on her older brother's shoulders. In school she began taking classes to get certification to be an English as a Second Language Teacher and went to New York after graduation to get certified to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) overseas. She's recently come back from a year of teaching abroad in China and moved to this little neighborhood.
Extra: She's Muslim and is raising her three children in her faith.
Have any family members? A son named Hakan and a daughter named
Any pastimes activities? Reading, Drawing, collecting snow globes and water globes
Do you have a pet? A cat
Current standing in your job? She is in her first year of teaching Early Childhood at the new elementary school.

Name: Hakan Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 4'1"
Weight/Body Shape: 50 lbs/Athletic
Description:
giphy.gif
He has short black hair, fair skin and blue eyes like sapphire gemstones.
Job: Third-Grader at local elementary school
Apartment: Family

Personality: He loves his younger sisters and loves school. He loves the water and running, his favorite sport is soccer. His mother enrolled him in swimming lessons and horseback riding lessons which he enjoys as he likes being outdoors when he isn't in school. He is rather shy around strangers and finds it hard to make friends but is also a doting older brother to his younger siblings and helps out his mother when she needs it. He would move the world for his mother and sisters if he could. He hates war as he often hears his mother crying at night when she wakes up for a nightmare and wishes there was something he could do to make his mother better. He is an intelligent and analytical child who loves working with his hands, reading and doing art.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Books
+Art
+Spiderman and Batman comics
-Seafood
-Homework
-Gym
Background: He was born in Ankara Turkey. When he was two months, his mother took him and immigrated to the USA to go to school where they lived in an apartment off campus. They moved back to Turkey when he was in preschool and lived in Turkey for a few years before his mom got a job in China. They lived there for a year and then in Vietnam for two years as his mom taught ESL to other children. During this time his mom applied for citizenship for the family to live in the USA as she wanted her children to have the ability to go to school without living in a war zone and they managed to come back to the States where his mom got a job in a local elementary school.
Extra: Like his mother and sisters, he is Muslim.
Have any family members? Mommy, Ebru, Sabah
Any pastimes activities? Reading
Do you have a pet? The family cat

Name: Ebru Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies:
Height: 34"
Weight/Body Shape: 26.5 lbs/Slim
Description:
large.jpg
She has violet hair with amethyst eyes and fair skin. Her hair is worn in in a shaggy layered cut.
Personality: She likes reading and arts and crafts though she doesn't like going to daycare as she's away from mommy. When mommy comes she is rather clingy and doesn't like thunderstorms.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Helping cook
+Mommy

+The park
-Bathtime
-Daycare
-Thunderstorms
Background: She was born when the family was in Vietnam in Ho Chi Min City. After turning two, the family moved to the USA where mommy took a job in a local elementary school and they left the humid country of her birth behind.
Have any family members? Mommy, Bro'fer, baby sis
Any pastimes activities? Banging Pots and Pans
No

Name: Sabah Aytac Zabat
Nickname/Allies: N/A
Height: 21.2"
Weight/Body Shape: 9.6 lbs/Average
Description:
latest

She has fair skin with brown hair and amber-brown eyes.
Personality: A quiet baby unless she is frightened and then she cries like the hounds of hell after her. She isn't clingy and sleeps a lot.
Likes and Dislikes:
+Her family
+Story time at the library
+Bath time
-Loud noises
-Darkness
-Doctor Office
Background: She was born in the USA.
Have any family members? Mama, Bro'fer, Sissy
Any pastimes activities? Sleeping
No
I love you characters. Just know that there aren't many kids so it might just be mainly your character, Aytac, who will be talking to the rest of the other characters.

Thanks and that is fine. Added a male character to try to even my charries out.
Are you going to be able to keep up with these many characters? I don't want you to burn yourself when it comes to posting. That is why I allowed for just one character per new player. If you can keep up, then you are good to go. If not, tell me before you make a decision to move on.

I can keep up. Used to doing multiple characters.
Great! I'll be sending you a link to the discord in a bit, if you wish to join the occ thread. It is fine if you don't. You may start in whatever manner you wish. Many are at the bar and some are still in the complex. It's around 9:30pm in the RP now.

Name: Noeul Green
Nickname/Allies: Orion Knight
Height: 6'1"
Weight/Body Shape: 149 lbs/Lean & somewhat Athletic but mostly lean
Description:
Japan-hetalia-japan-33719005-500-353.jpg
He has brown eyes and medium brown hair. His skin is fair and he tends to dress in fine clothing of silk, wool and fur. He likes earth-tones and pastel colors. His feet are often covered in black boots.
Job: In the daytime he works at the front desk of Seacrest Hotel and on weekends works at the bar.
Apartment:
Personality: Harsh discipline shaped Noeul into an intelligent and cunning sly entity. He was taught at a young age that loyalty to blood is everything, blood came before friends or oneself, but he didn't hold much stock with that though he cares deeply for his family, sparing no feelings of love though for his stepmother. Not as versatile in weaponry as Marius though he is an expert with bladed weapons and guns, his expertise tends to lie in healing and poisons. He isn't afraid to put others in their place if they annoy him and doesn't back down from a fight or challenge, it's almost as if he craves the pain and bloodshed of others which makes him unbalanced, he tends to be a quiet fellow who observes and gathers information before putting what he knows into a fight and will do anything to win.
Likes and Dislikes:
He enjoys martial arts and sword fighting. He loves cooking and working with his hands. He also enjoys storms, snowstorms or rainstorms doesn't matter, it gets his blood pumping. He's known to get into fights on occasion, especially if he gets drunk.
He doesn't like parties or being the center of attention, a problem if he's in a fight where he becomes the center of attention. He hates his father and what the man stands for, doing his best to distance himself from his upbringing and childhood as much as he can but often feels he falls short of running from his past.
Background: Born two years after Marius in Seoul, Noeul lived there until he was three when his mother died when she was walking home from her job as a waitress. His father took him back to the States where he lived with his dad, stepmother and older half-brother, subjected to the same harsh militaristic discipline and mindset of his father though his dad was always tougher on Marius since he was to take over the business and criminal organization. When he was thirteen, his stepmom went missing and things gradually spun out of control when their father died...it wasn't long after that which saw Noeul leave home and the brothers became estranged from each other.
Have any family members? Dakota Green (Father)-deceased, Boram (mother)-deceased, Abigail (stepmother)-unknown, Marius (older half-brother), Constance (niece)
Any pastimes activities? He's in Martial Arts, books, Has killed at least two people in his lifetime on his dad's orders
Do you have a pet? A German shepherd pup named Tempest.
hqdefault.jpg

Current standing in your job? He's just started both of his jobs.
How many are in your current apartment? 1
Kill people! Welp wouldn't be the first character to do so. Alright I think a studio would be good for your character. You can start when ever you want. Just know that some people are in the complex and others are out drinking at the bar. It is also 9:30pm in the rp.

595550.jpg
Name:
Shinoa Nicole Bradford

Nickname/Allies:

Noah

Height:

5' 4"

Weight/Body Shape:

126 lbs with an Athletic but Slender Build (Pre-Pregnancy)
156 lbs (Current following Pregnancy Weight Gain)

Description:

Mixed Race (Asian & Caucasian), Pale Skin, White Hair, Scar over her left eye

Female

Sexuality:

Straight - Heterosexual

Job:

United States Air Force - Combat Rescue Officer (Honorably Discharged)
Photographer ~ Current

Apartment:

Personality:

Once you get to know her, Shinoa is a Kind, Loving, Gentle and very Patient person to others around her. This stems from her past as being the ignored and unwanted child in her family, as she was the youngest and was pretty much the only girl in her Family following the deaths of her Mother and Older Sister. After that, no one in her Family really paid attention to her, her accomplishments or anything. If she was closed to anyone, it would be her Adoptive Brother, but even then they weren't even that close.

However, if you get on her bad side, Shinoa has a hot temper and will often give off sarcastic remarks, comments or answers in response to what she deems idiocy or stupidity. When she loses her temper, she will often say things she doesn't mean and will often start yelling, cursing and will often refuse to hold back until she lets it all out.

In romance, she is very shy around guys that she finds cute, handsome, hot or whatever the case may be. As a result, she has trouble even trying to start a conversation and is easily flustered. When she sees someone that she likes with someone else, Shinoa doesn't take it very lightly and falls into a brief state of depression, where she will just lose interest in her usual hobbies, often distracting herself through other means. Depending on how much she likes that special someone, determines the length of her depression period.

+Cats
+Dresses
+Beauty Treatments

Dislikes:

-Poisonous Spiders
-Valentine's Day
-April Fool's

Background:
Shinoa was born and raised in Los Angeles the youngest of four siblings, one of whom is adopted. She has one older Half-Brother, who was a Previous Marriage and one Older Sister. When Shinoa was ten-years-old, her Father, Takashi, retired from Soldiering as a US Army SF Operative in order focus on his Family. Shinoa was pretty much the 'ignored and unwanted' child in her Family, even more so then her Half-Brother Vincent, who is also the only one in the entire family to even look at her. Shinoa was even disliked by Samuel, her Older Brother. Shinoa fell into the earlier stages of depression when her Mother was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer and died exactly a month after the diagnosis. Two years later, her sister Madeline died after a long and hard battle with AIDS. Left with only her Father and Brothers, Shinoa had never been in a darker place. Despite getting to learn how to fight, shoot and have access to a higher education, her Father still didn't really accept her and neither did Samuel. Both Brothers followed in their Father's Footsteps and joined the Army straight out of High School. During her High School Years, Shinoa took Running Start, taking College Classes starting her Junior Year, allowing her to jump-start college. After graduating from both High School and Community College, where she took her Running Start classes, Shinoa was accepted into Princeton University with multiple Scholarships in addition to her tuition being paid for by the Air Force, where she had enlisted almost immediately after High School.

Aside from her Family life, which became a total disaster after her Mother and Sister died, Shinoa didn't exactly have the best love life either. All Shinoa really wanted out of that was to have someone to love and be loved by. But instead, she ended up being the Mistress and Secret Lover. To Shinoa, this was devastating, to know that she would not be as well loved and that her lover was still with another woman and she was pretty much Plan B. After two years of enduring the heartache and emotional pain, Shinoa reluctantly broke off the Relationship and went forward to focus on her Academics and her Responsibilities within the Military.

Following Graduation from College, Shinoa switched from Reserves to Active Duty, where she was deployed four different times to the Middle East, primarily to places like Iraq and Afghanistan. After serving for a total of eight years, Shinoa opted not to reenlist and received an honorable discharge a few months following her last tour in Afghanistan. Six months later, Shinoa would take up Photography and start up a blog to post her photos on.

Extra:
Have any family members?

Amelia Higashi - Grandmother, Deceased
Ryan Scott Bradford - Father, Age 65
Maria Xifeng Higashi - Mother, Deceased
Vincent Shinji Saverino - Half-Brother, Age 29 (Same Mother, Different Father)
Samuel Christopher Bradford - Brother, Age 32
Madeline Leila Bradford - Sister, Deceased
Michael S. Boswell - Boyfriend, Deceased (Together for Three Years at time of death)

Any pastimes activities?

In her spare time, Shinoa enjoys browsing Social Media or cuddling with her Cat

Do you have a pet?

Two Gold Fish
Three Month Old Male Bengal named Thor

Stable and Steady, Books Appointments up to four or five times a week

1, soon to be 2

She's pregnant ~ Expecting a Girl ~ 33 Weeks Along​

Last edited:
View attachment 373660
Name:

Shinoa Nicole Bradford

Nickname/Allies:

Noah

Height:

5' 4"

Weight/Body Shape:

126 lbs with an Athletic but Slender Build (Pre-Pregnancy)
156 lbs (Current following Pregnancy Weight Gain)

Description:

Mixed Race (Asian & Caucasian), Pale Skin, White Hair, Scar over her left eye

Female

Sexuality:

Straight - Heterosexual

Job:

United States Air Force - Combat Rescue Officer (Honorably Discharged)
Photographer ~ Current

Apartment:

Personality:

Once you get to know her, Shinoa is a Kind, Loving, Gentle and very Patient person to others around her. This stems from her past as being the ignored and unwanted child in her family, as she was the youngest and was pretty much the only girl in her Family following the deaths of her Mother and Older Sister. After that, no one in her Family really paid attention to her, her accomplishments or anything. If she was closed to anyone, it would be her Adoptive Brother, but even then they weren't even that close.

However, if you get on her bad side, Shinoa has a hot temper and will often give off sarcastic remarks, comments or answers in response to what she deems idiocy or stupidity. When she loses her temper, she will often say things she doesn't mean and will often start yelling, cursing and will often refuse to hold back until she lets it all out.

In romance, she is very shy around guys that she finds cute, handsome, hot or whatever the case may be. As a result, she has trouble even trying to start a conversation and is easily flustered. When she sees someone that she likes with someone else, Shinoa doesn't take it very lightly and falls into a brief state of depression, where she will just lose interest in her usual hobbies, often distracting herself through other means. Depending on how much she likes that special someone, determines the length of her depression period.

+Cats
+Dresses
+Beauty Treatments

Dislikes:

-Poisonous Spiders
-Valentine's Day
-April Fool's

Background:
Shinoa was born and raised in Los Angeles the youngest of four siblings, one of whom is adopted. She has one older Half-Brother, who was a Previous Marriage and one Older Sister. When Shinoa was ten-years-old, her Father, Takashi, retired from Soldiering as a US Army SF Operative in order focus on his Family. Shinoa was pretty much the 'ignored and unwanted' child in her Family, even more so then her Half-Brother Vincent, who is also the only one in the entire family to even look at her. Shinoa was even disliked by Samuel, her Older Brother. Shinoa fell into the earlier stages of depression when her Mother was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer and died exactly a month after the diagnosis. Two years later, her sister Madeline died after a long and hard battle with AIDS. Left with only her Father and Brothers, Shinoa had never been in a darker place. Despite getting to learn how to fight, shoot and have access to a higher education, her Father still didn't really accept her and neither did Samuel. Both Brothers followed in their Father's Footsteps and joined the Army straight out of High School. During her High School Years, Shinoa took Running Start, taking College Classes starting her Junior Year, allowing her to jump-start college. After graduating from both High School and Community College, where she took her Running Start classes, Shinoa was accepted into Princeton University with multiple Scholarships in addition to her tuition being paid for by the Air Force, where she had enlisted almost immediately after High School.

Aside from her Family life, which became a total disaster after her Mother and Sister died, Shinoa didn't exactly have the best love life either. All Shinoa really wanted out of that was to have someone to love and be loved by. But instead, she ended up being the Mistress and Secret Lover. To Shinoa, this was devastating, to know that she would not be as well loved and that her lover was still with another woman and she was pretty much Plan B. After two years of enduring the heartache and emotional pain, Shinoa reluctantly broke off the Relationship and went forward to focus on her Academics and her Responsibilities within the Military.

Following Graduation from College, Shinoa switched from Reserves to Active Duty, where she was deployed four different times to the Middle East, primarily to places like Iraq and Afghanistan. After serving for a total of eight years, Shinoa opted not to reenlist and received an honorable discharge a few months following her last tour in Afghanistan. Six months later, Shinoa would take up Photography and start up a blog to post her photos on.

Extra:
Have any family members?

Amelia Higashi - Grandmother, Deceased
Ryan Scott Bradford - Father, Age 65
Maria Xifeng Higashi - Mother, Deceased
Vincent Shinji Saverino - Half-Brother, Age 29 (Same Mother, Different Father)
Samuel Christopher Bradford - Brother, Age 32
Madeline Leila Bradford - Sister, Deceased
Michael S. Boswell - Boyfriend, Deceased (Together for Three Years at time of death)

Any pastimes activities?

In her spare time, Shinoa enjoys browsing Social Media or cuddling with her Cat

Do you have a pet?

Two Gold Fish
Three Month Old Male Bengal named Thor

Stable and Steady, Books Appointments up to four or five times a week

1, soon to be 2

She's pregnant ~ Expecting a Girl ~ 33 Weeks Along​
I love it, but can you change the FC... it's a bit weird when it comes to seeing characters from other RP I am apart of. By that I mean, I have an RWBY RP and I just thought it was cs for that rp, lol. It's fine if you wish to keep it, it would be better and easier on me if you can. Other then that, you are good to go.

I love it, but can you change the FC... it's a bit weird when it comes to seeing characters from other RP I am apart of. By that I mean, I have an RWBY RP and I just thought it was cs for that rp, lol. It's fine if you wish to keep it, it would be better and easier on me if you can. Other then that, you are good to go.
I apologize, I didn't mean to do that. Well, I did look through some of my other face claims, but I couldn't really find a good one with white hair. I hope you don't mind if I keep Weiss. If it helps, I won't use the photo In-Character. And I look forward to joining this RP =)

I apologize, I didn't mean to do that. Well, I did look through some of my other face claims, but I couldn't really find a good one with white hair. I hope you don't mind if I keep Weiss. If it helps, I won't use the photo In-Character. And I look forward to joining this RP =)
It's fine, go ahead and do your introduction to the rp. People should be returning back to the complex.

b8daf901ae2e764dce850b07f2cbc00d.jpg
Name:
Matthew Fonteyn
Nickname/Allies:
Matt, Mattie
Height:
3'5"
Weight/Body Shape:
52 pounds, normal five year old body.
Description:
Matthew is a little chubby kid who had brown hair that's in a permanent state of bed head, and has hazel eyes. A little button nose that resembles his mom's, and he has a birth mark on his back that looks kinda like a kite.
Sexuality:
Asexual for now, he's a kid
Job:
Just being cute
Apartment:
Personality:
Bright and bubbly, this kid is a happy ball of energy. He's just an awesome kid who's adventurous but listens to rules, he doesn't yell and scream for everything, and he can be very independent when he wants to. It's actually a rare sight to see this kid feeling down, which is odd for others his age, but that must mean he has a great mom.
Candy, Apple, Animals, Mommy, Grandpa and Grandma, Ice Cream, Drawing
Dislikes:
Vegetables, Naps, Meanie buttheads
Background:
Really, not much has happened because he's only five. He was born in Ireland, and spent a lot of time with his grandparents. And that's pretty much it.
Extra: (Anything else you think is useful to others to know *Optional*)
Have any family members?

GrandFather - Gerald Fonteyn - 45
GrandMother - Abbigail Fonteyn - 38
Mother - Embry Fonteyn - 18

Any pastimes activities?
Drawing, Chasing Birds, Bugging Mommy
Do you have a pet?
Yep, Lance.
Just being cute. Also, he's in kindergarten
2; Him and Embry
Is absolutely spoiled rotten, Embry loves him so much.

Last edited:
WIP

• Name: David John Walker
    Nickname/Allies:
    Height:
    Weight/Body Shape:
    Description:
    B-iadXVCAAAc5xv.jpg

Job: Police Officer, works in Homicide
    Apartment:
    Personality:
    Likes and Dislikes:
    Background:
    Extra: Wedding Pictures:
    KiritsuguXIris.jpg

Have any family members? Parents live in Australia, older brother joined the military a year before he graduated high school
    Any pastimes activities?
    Do you have a pet? A 6-week old tabby kitten named Aurora, a 8-week old chocolate lab puppy named Yarrow
    Current standing in your job? First month on the job
    How many are in your current apartment? 2
    Anything you would like add? He is having his first child with his wife Anna.

scroll

PRESS PLAY TO
STEAL MY HEART

Marquis de Volcain

Marquis, 20
A 20 year old male from France. Born from an American father and European mother. Slightly athletic build, 5'11" and 153 lbs. His sexuality is unknown, however he has only been seen with females throughout his life. He is a freelance pianist looking for another job. Currently resides in *Studio 210* with his keyboard and music.

Personality
Marquis is a very timid soul, however he does share many friendly personality traits with the people he is close to. Not knowing much of the English language, he finds himself almost never fitting in or making many friends in America as he would back home. However, if you are close enough to him, he can be quite the emotional crutch and reliable friend most would sought after.

Likes: Piano, music, discovering new things, dogs, cats, house plants

Dislikes: Disrespectful behavior, being made fun of, being alone, not properly introducing himself

Biography
Born to an American Entrepreneur and "Une ouvrière d'usine," Marquis, or 'Marcus' started life out with constant movement. Between France, where his mother worked to support her family, and his father's work in the States, Marcus never really had the opportunity to get a normal education or normal childhood. It was always, "Where are we going next?" Eventually, Marcus' father took his wife and her family to the states where Marcus and his mother needn't worry about travel or work any more. This is where Marcus picked piano up. Where he first could actually take a real breath in the world.

Marcus was a child prodigy from the get go. He seemingly mastered piano in a very short time and it became his muse from then on. Just one small problem. His father was always into the Build-a-Business affair and wished Marcus would continue his own work rather than twiddle his thumbs over some wood and strings. You know how this story goes; The moment Marcus became of age to move out, he did so. Only to keep in contact with his mother as he went towards the bigger cities, perhaps to find a job as a pianist or even something else to support. Either way, here he is.

Misc
Work in Progress/Update as time moves on

code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back