• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Crystal Gems Tabletop RP (Archive this thread)

SiliconKitten

Secretly a GemKitten
Hello! This would be my first RP on the forum. :) Going in ambitious I thought i'd see if I could stir up some interest for a wonderful idea.

It's a Crystal Gems Tabletop Roleplay!

BUT WHERE'S THE SOURCE INFO YOU ASK?

I... uh... I haven't made it (yet).

This interest check will tell me if you'd be wiling to play if I put the effort into the rp. I can't pick up a universal system right now cause I don't know how to GM them so I'm doing things the hard way by making rule set.

• The Beta will contain the basic character sheet, basic combat, basic mission, and anything else that needs to be called basic. I want to have the beta complete by the end of August if not sooner. That's when I'l be making a Conversation with anyone who posts in the interest check. :)

So what can you expect from this rp?

1. The priority of this RP is interaction between characters. So a mechanic I want to incorporate is relationships with other gems. Fusion is said to be the ultimate form of a relationship so fusion and role playing will be closely related.

2. Levels won't separate characters from each other in an rp. By that I mean higher level characters will easily fit in with low level characters since levels themselves will focus on rewarding players for role playing and giving them more content to rp instead of just stats.

3. Exploration is important, using the environment will be a good way to tell the story but making sure its not just about moving across a grid, a mechanic or two will be made for making exploring more interactive.

4. Gemsonas, gemsonas everywhere.

So if you're interested in this let me know. I mean the reason Im making a tabletop is to enjoy an awesome game while having fun with friends!

Any thing you wanna contribute will help me :) but I will say that I don't want to resort to copying another game's mechanics unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
SiliconKitten said:
. I can't pick up a universal system right now cause I don't know how to GM them so I'm doing things the hard way by making rule set.
No. No, no, no, a thousand times no. Stopped reading there. Learning a commercial system is infinitely easier than trying to design your own, especially if you want it to work.*

It sounds like FATE Core, which is both free and easy to learn, will serve your purposes.

That said, I have no idea what this game is about. What is a gemsoma? What is fusion? What is the Crystal Kingdom?

*Source: 13 years roleplaying, 6 years TTRPG design.

Grey said:
That said, I have no idea what this game is about. What is a gemsoma? What is fusion? What is the Crystal Kingdom?
I think it has something to do with that Steven Universe show on cartoon network.

SiliconKitten said:
Uh hmm ill look into fate core but no promises if i cant afford it.
Just download a pdf of it off the internet, if you have like $6 you can probably print it all out at a local library.

Technically this is piracy and theft,

Color me interested! Oh and I have a write-up for my space wolf, Grey. Just have to get back to my desktop where I have the book for stats and stuff.?

You have a lot of work ahead of you, but you're clearly creative and motivated. Let me know if you start an RP related to this gems idea, I'm interested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back