• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Crystal Crusaders!! (Magic Warrior RP)

And yeah what damage said. But there will be known cases of crystal cannibalism

Sent from Tapatalk

Hot diggity, a lot has happened! If there needs to be curmudgeonly older Gem sort-of-maybe-kinda looking after the others or just the house/base I'd be happy to fill that role!

Well unless they feed of a similar crystal I'd imagine their powers would alternate. Also it seems from my readings that crystals hold memories which must be a basis of the weapons its forms. If the cannibal were to consume too many I'd imagine they would start becoming mentally unstable as unknown thoughts and memories bleed into them. I'm sure they would manage to break the normal maximum crystal size at the cost of it being much more vulnerable.

Depends on whether or not that maximum was only reached by cannibalism, I guess. It would take a long time for the maximum to be reached otherwise.

What if eating crystals was like a drug, and while it makes the Crystal bigger and stronger, it's only for a short time, maybe a week or two. This would drive those that are power hungry, literally, to consume more.

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
Well unless they feed of a similar crystal I'd imagine their powers would alternate. Also it seems from my readings that crystals hold memories which must be a basis of the weapons its forms. If the cannibal were to consume too many I'd imagine they would start becoming mentally unstable as unknown thoughts and memories bleed into them.
Exactly (} :) )

Growing and Gaining Power

Crystals normally get stronger with age. The more they train and hone their skills, practice and access more of their abilities the stronger their Life Gem's become. The gem glows brighter and becomes harder to damage. It is said that a mineral rich diet also helps to improve growth. (Crystals do not normally need to eat food. In order to regain energy they simply rest.)

Some Crystals grow their own crystal formation to feed on, these formation are natural forming earth crystals.

In the past there have been some Crystal being who fed off of shards of the shattered. It is highly frowned upon and most considered these Crystals to be traitors to their own kind. Those who consumed other life gems gain power at a much quicker rate since the shards dissolve and infuse with the original Gem. This has shown to alter the gem in color and density as well as cause odd gem growths as more life shards are consumed. Not only is the magic absorbed but so are the memories leading the Crystal to be more knowledgeable.

There are fairly drastic consequences for consuming another Life gem however. Physically crystal growths start to appear on the body and grow in size and number. Their magic becomes stronger but also erratic and harder to control. Over time they start to lose control of their magic become extremely destructive. Mentally the influx of memories starts to cause the Crystals mind to fracture and multiple personality disorder starts to develop. This can rapidly escalate to other mental issues such as schizophrenia.

Crystals who consume shards of other life gems are normally shunned and deemed dangerous. Often times they are imprisoned before they can become too powerful had hard to control. Some argue their gems should be shattered instead of simply imprisoning them.

So I was thinking. You say every four hundred years a Crystal will die but if they shatter their gem in the life pool then they will revive with the expected consequences of lost of self. My question is this. A four hundred year old gem must have a large sized gem but upon revival it should maintain its size as it does for others who lucky enough to revive. In other words that process can be thought of as rebirth or renascentiam (rolls off the tongue nicely). Each time a Crystal goes through rebirth they maintain their power potential until memory revival, but more importantly their gem will continue to grow. A Crystal who goes through renascentiam can be termed as living their second life. This would go on for each revival. An interesting thought.

Mhmm. A gem doesn't necessarily get larger when growing in strenth. It can become denser, hence why they are harder to break. The size of the gem its self is determined upon creation. The larger the gem the more potential there is for strenth, however this is also a bigger target making ti and advantage and disadvantage. average and smaller gems while harder to hit directly have a slower growth curve and in one life time may not achieve the strenth of someone with a larger gem.

As for the rapid cannibals I'd imagine most go rouge and get stuck in their transformed state due to their internal struggle. I'd imagine the stable ones either mentally block out memory's from the Crystals locked inside them resulting in a powerful gem that is a bit confused with their thoughts, but not unstable. If the cannibal selectivity eats Crystals who are similar to them in terms of their gems and personality it would result in balance. There would be no heavy internal contradictions due to the similarity of goals, attitude, feelings, and their gem. Another possibility is that the Cannibal or Corrupted has enough will power to maintain control of themselves and learn their new powers. Finally we have something a bit darker in nature. If the Corrupted were to consume new born Crystals then their gems would grow much more slowly but they wouldn't have to deal with memories, unknown thoughts, or feelings of that Crystal since they have developed no strong memories yet.

Is that reasonable to assume?

Mental issues may be easier to lessen however power and physical drawbacks will still be present. Each life gem is uniqe and have their own magic, almost liks a magic thumbprint. Two different life gems may be able to coexist but if you consume 4-5 life gems then there is a chaotic storm of magic which results in very little control. The higher concentrations of foreign magic is was develops the crystal growths in the body. Its kinda like the bodies way of redistribute the magic which works to a minor extent.

Hmm so there is a general limit. That is understandable. This is pretty interesting to ponder about.

I'm glad you find the concept interesting ^^ It's definitely something to explore as the Rp progresses

I look forward to exploring many things. The Metals are still surrounded by mystery but I suspect you want this for now.

Alright so this is the stat system as of now. There might be some edits but what do you think?

~Stats~

This is purely for reference to see who is faster, stronger ect. You have 18 points to distribute as you wish. This is all purely for reference to compare who is stronger and what not.

Ranking.

1 - Average Human

2 - Expert human (one who trains specifically for this such as olympians)

3 - Average gem:

4 - Enhanced

5 - Super enhanced

Strength: How physically strong you are. Stronger Crystals are normally weaker with magic.

Magic: How much power and control one has over their magic. Strong magic users have more magic based attack rather than physical combat moves.

Speed: How fast you move, this also factors into reflexes and reactions. The higher your speed the less armor and defense you normally have.

Defence: How much protection do you have at any given time. This is normally in the form of armor or crystallization along the skin. This can weigh you down quite a bit.

Dexterity: How good is your character is with their hands, this factors into small exact movements, precision with shots and targeting, as well as their ability to dodge attacks.

Durability: How much of a beating you can take. This does not factor in armor but rather direct damage to your body and gem. If you have a tougher body then you can take more hits and still stand. This does factor into how resilient your gem is as well.

Can you explain more about what magic is in this world and how the summoning of our main weapons is effected by it?

No problem. I'm sorry if I seem pushy. Also I noticed if you wanted to distribute your points evenly it would result in all stats having 3 points each. Which results in all your status equating to "Average Gem" all around. That is pretty spiffy balancing might I say. I like it.

No worries. I'll have magic and weapon information up by tomorrow and most likely a character sheet Mhmm.

I wanted it to be hard for people to pick their stats. So if they wanted to be uber awesome at something they would have to be terrible at something else. More points will be added to those who keep with the RP and grow with it so People will get stronger ^^

That sounds superb. If my character happened to eat a few shards here and there would that mean extra points considering how hard they are to obtain? Along with the respectable side effects of course. I have a million more questions but I will hold back.

Maybe, I have to see how everything plays out. I'm considering the different weapons havein a bonus to one stat of the players choice. So if someone uses a ranged weapon like a bow or gun, they get a temporary bonus to dex. if they are heavily armor they get a bonus to armor.

As for the shards are you planning on starting having eaten any? or find them through out the RP

Well I was planning to find some along the way. I have already begone to think of her back story. Apart of it is the fact that she already ate another person's gem after they sustained heavy damage leaving the life gem for the time. Hr reasons for desiring more power will be in her history. I was thinking the boost you get from the consumed gem would depend on who the gem belonged to in the first place and what their respective skill tree was. Furthermore depending on how long this RP will go on for we could have a separate tab to show player's skills, player's ranking, player's equipment, and anything else of importance. It could keep things organized for the future. I could create a sample lay out and PM it to you by tomorrow or even tonight.

I may have a different character archetype to follow instead of what I was thinking. I might go for the "Valiant Defender" type, I came across a few pretty cool ideas :3 The stats look pretty balanced, you can be average all across the board, or play give-and-take to specialize, I like it :D

That sounds like a great idea! I can have a notes tab where all that can be kept

I'm glad you guys like the stat system. usually it scares people away >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back