• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Crystal Cove (mermaid RP) we need humans!

Lilliana2

Death is no excuse for disobedience
Welcome to Crystal cove! Where it is said mermaids walk among the townspeople and the water is always blue!

Plot

You are either a mermaid or townsperson, mermaids live in the ocean in their mermaid form but also go in town in their human form! The mermaids live in a close knit clan everyone has a role to play to keep the clan safe from rival clans and curious humans! They used to live far from the beach but have been driven out by a larger more dangerous mermaid clan 5 years ago. Some townspeople live in crystal cove in the hopes to see a mermaid and befriend one or to capture one for themselves or they don’t believe in them and they couldn’t care less about the mermaids...yet!

Setting
On the beach there is a beautiful coral reef on the far right (when facing the ocean) on the far left there is a boardwalk with rides but it’s not usually busy unless there is an event going on or a holiday and far from the shore at the edge of the mermaids territory there is “the abyss” a large drop off it’s a fun deep diving spot for humans but even the most experienced divers can’t reach the bottom. Only mermaids with deep water creature abilities can reach the bottom. Right before reaching the abyss a there is a sunken pirate ship that is full of old artifacts and weapons. The bungalow is less than a mile off the beach all the mermaids share this home in human form!
The town is small there is a grocery store many mom and pop shops and tourist activities such as diving snorkeling and deep sea fishing the town is rich in mermaid myths and legends so the whole town has adopted a mermaid theme and there’s almost always some sort of festivity coming up celebrating the towns history!

Rules
1. You can have as many characters as you want but let’s try to keep the number of humans and mermaids as even as possible!
2. No Mary or Gary sues everyone has flaws and weaknesses it makes the story more interesting that way!
3. If you make a mermaid make it unique and base it off of a fish or marine creature if the fish or marine animal your character is based on is small, your mermaid can be small if your marine creature or fish is big you can make your mermaid form big, or they can grow/shrink in size. If your marine creature or fish needs fresh water your mermaid can also stay in lakes in ponds! Is your mermaids marine creature a master of camouflage? Your mermaid can be too!
4. Preferably the townspeople will have jobs or go to school but that is not mandatory it just helps the characters stay involved with each other.
5. If your mermaid is injured they must stay in the bungalow on land until mostly healed or until a healer says otherwise.
6. Characters preferably 17+
7. Please join the OOC discord before posting your CS
7. Have fun!

Mermaid clan rank/positions
Leaders set the rules and fight challengers for their position. Healers heal the injured or sick. Scouts watch the clans territory from intruders and watch for other threats they also do recon on land if it is needed. Warriors are fighters and protect the clan from hostile humans and hostile intruders may be sent on dangerous missions in the future. Gatherers gather food and other supply that might be needed, whether that’s grocery shopping or making weapons out of items they collect in the sea. Omegas don’t have a rank yet or still don’t know their role in the clan but they sure are fun to have around!

List of characters and positions

Mermaids:

Leader M: Erik Silver
Leader F: Moonscale (moon)
Scouts: Vivian, Atalanta
Warriors: Morgan, Selma
Healers: Marisol, Cordelia Hale
Gatherers: Poecilia (Poe) (On haitus), Caito (Open)
Omega’s: Leo Canth, Blake

Human characters:

Elaine Marie Waters
Finley Winter
Dennis Redding
Irwin Andersson
Pat Andersson
Emillia Lace
Claud Lace
Kai Hurley
Marianne Odeletta Wintergreen
Rowan Barett
2 open

Villains
Dahlia (mermaid)
Delphine (mermaid)
Open (preferably this is a second character)

CS Thread

Last edited:
I’m glad y’all are interested ❤ How does everyone feel about using discord for the OOC thread?

a couple quick questions~
is this rp first come first served? or are we offered entry after a successful application?
what kind of faceclaims would you like? realistic or some kind of drawing?

if we decide to make a human, what is the chance they will know about the mermaids?

a couple quick questions~
is this rp first come first served? or are we offered entry after a successful application?
what kind of faceclaims would you like? realistic or some kind of drawing?

if we decide to make a human, what is the chance they will know about the mermaids?
Once the thread for the CS sheets is up and I like your post you’re free to jump in! So I guess it’s entry after a successful application. For the human question I would like for the human characters to eventually find out about the mermaids and have relationships with them. Not necessarily romantic could be platonic friendship or rivalry however you want to do it! They can believe in mermaids before meeting them, I just prefer they haven’t seen a real one yet unless you DM me for permission first.
As for faceclaims I’m leaning more towards drawn that way it gives the mermaid role players a chance to find a faceclaim for their mermaid form.
Can I rejoin this? Might replace the Captain with another eccentric character though.
Of course you can!

For anyone who is still considering joining or who is following this thread, here is the CS thread!

IC thread is up but we are still accepting if anyone else would like to join our group ❤️

Could I play a female omega and a male human? Or are there too many mermaids and not enough mermen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back