• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crystal Cove (open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Adrielle Lamura

mentions: Chase & Pierce ( Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime ) Elaine ( Lilliana2 Lilliana2 )

Adrielle carefully took the small vial from the brunette woman. The liquid swirled around and it caught the light and seemed to glow. She was so entranced by the foreign liquid that she almost missed Celeste's question. "I'll stay here. We should figure this out before the meeting tonight"

She turned back towards Elaine.
"Interesting. I was thinking of running some tests of my own. Maybe we could compare results?" she said at Elaine, and her brows knitted as she bit her lip, worried about the fact that there was some mysterious green substance that could hurt all sea life, the fact Pierce, Chase's co-worker was looking at her, and her hand was starting to itch. "Chase" she whispered urgently into his ear. "I need your help. There's this substance on me and obviously I can't heal myself. More importantly I have no idea what it is. It's hurting sea life and when it comes in contact with us...." she flicked her eyes towards her scaly hand. She moved away from him and wandered over to Elaine. "Elaine... maybe.. could I... sit in while you run your tests? I'm not really well versed in microscopes but I can learn!" she added hastily. "I don't want this harming the animals and truth to be told I don't have the materials.. Maybe we could also go to the book store together?" She chewed the right side of her lip. This was the first time she really tried to talk to a human and she had just been hoping for a job. Adrielle hadn't been expecting to ask for help from one of the most dangerous species known to mer.

Last edited:
Erik

Tidal potions

Thrushwing Thrushwing koala koala ukiiyo ukiiyo Killerclown Killerclown

Erik stared at the dark corner of course that’s where everything happened. Dark corners in bars were never good. His phone starting ringing Erik glanced down realizing it was Celeste exactly who he wanted to talk to. He turned to the rest of Everly and Kian “Sorry you two but I’m afraid I have to go! Everly it was a pleasure meeting you and I’ll see you tonight!” Erik exited the building and answered the phone “I’m assuming this is about the green stuff?” Erik answered abruptly “I have Memphis with me I’m going to drop him off at the Bungalow and I’m going to go talk to Captain Hank to see what he knows also I know it’s dangerous but I think we should send the scouts out tonight to look at the boats. The fishermen don’t drag the nets at night so they won’t have to be worry about it as for the green stuff...I’m not sure what to do about that. What do you think?” Erik drove as he spoke on the phone dropping Memphis off at the bungalow as he began driving towards captain Hanks.

Elaine

Thrushwing Thrushwing ukiiyo ukiiyo Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

Elaine hesitated “you can sit in on me if you want but I have plans tonight so I’ll only be here till 6:30” she didn’t want to give away her plans that night at least not in front of everyone else she didn’t want to hear their criticism or get in too much trouble this was just going to be between her and Rowan. “We can definitely swing by the bookstore! I’m going to need some supplies anyways!” She noticed Adrielle was talking close to her brother, she didn’t recognize him but she accepted that Adrielle had a big family. The red headed woman left in almost a hurry which concerned her but she ignored it. It wasn’t her business anyways. She smiled “I guess we’ll be closing shop early today!”

Celeste left in a hurry, and Chase was a bit curious about what was going on, but he wasn't going to ask in front of his coworker and the shop owner. He listened to Adrielle, giving her a minute little nod. If she couldn't heal herself, then it meant that it was probably something man-made that was causing her injuries. He would definitely have to take a look at them after, even if he was only technically a doctor for humans rather than a mer healer.

"Right, well, it doesn't look that bad," he said quickly after a quick glance at her hand, if only to throw Adrian off. Adrian frowned, because it had looked rather red from where he was standing, but... He wasn't exactly on the clock at the moment anyways, and while he hated to admit it Chase was a good doctor in his own right. If he was going to take care of it, then he could trust him, he supposed.

He was a bit surprised when Elaine announced that they would be closing early, and he pursed his lips a bit. There had gone his plan to get a souvenir.

"If you're closing early, then I should be going," he said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his dress pants. Chase frowned, and almost wanted to call after him, but figuring out Adrielle's injuries and the like came first. He eyed the little vial the girl was holding, eyes narrowing. He could test it at the hospital, compare it against known drugs and chemicals, but somehow he doubted that would help very much.

"If you two are going to the bookstore, mind if I tag along? I have an order to pick up," he added, which actually wasn't a lie. He didn't know if it would actually be in or not, though.

After leaving the Marine Emporium, Adrian wandered the streets rather aimlessly for a little while. He had nowhere else to really go, but going back to his apartment seemed like a waste of the day, and honestly he had stayed holed up in there for too long already. After being in Crystal Cove for two months already, he still had yet to visit the beach, or really go outside other than for work or groceries.

( Thrushwing Thrushwing Lilliana2 Lilliana2 )

Last edited:

605312Location: Shoreside Reeds
Interaction: Tetro Tetro Killerclown Killerclown
Mentioned: N/A
Outfit:
Eleni nodded, listening to Elijah's request. "Understood. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep my book behind the counter. If one of my, " She paused for a moment, trying to think of the word. Family? No, her clan was her family the humans wouldn't understand fully. Housemates didn't sound correct either... "Roommates, " She said finally, "If one of my roommates stops by, I can have them take it home for me." She waited for a moment, before moving up to the desk or counter, or whatever with the register on it, breifly acknowledging the captian again, before she turned back into the main store. Where to start? He didn't specify a section for her to begin in, nor did he give her any specific instructions. Just, reorganize his already organized book store. So why not start up front? Eleni moved past the captain, and then Elijah, heading for thr bookshelves near the windows on the left. It was near the section she had found her new book, and so she had to wonder what other rare ones she may stumble across? Gently, the woman touched a few of the spines, a sharp difference in softness from one to the next signifying age and use, but also, how well they've been taken care of. Eleni would not call herself a book worm, but she was non the less impressed by Eiljah's care of his collection. Only after a moment lost on thought, Eleni began to carefully remove the books from the shelves.

Elaine

Thrushwing Thrushwing Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

“Alrighty the more the merrier!” Elaine announced she didn’t really know Chase very well but he seemed like he could be helpful. She turned to Adrielle “let the adventure begin.” She joked raising her eyebrows she felt bad Adrian wasn’t able to find something but she’d be open tomorrow anyways. Elaine was never very attacked to the store she never really wanted it but life happened so she stepped up and took care of it even if she didn’t want to. She’d never told anyone that she didn’t want the store and she hoped no one was able to realize it but exploring the ocean and learning its secrets was always more fascinating than gizmos and thingies that’s why she loved the library! She opened the front door and ushered for the other two to follow her to the bookstore. “Knowledge awaits!” She joked before looking at chase “What books are you picking up? I forgot to ask!”

Adrielle Lamura

mentions: Elaine( Lilliana2 Lilliana2 ), Chase ( Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime ), Elijah ( Tetro Tetro )

Adrielle looked around the modest establishment. It had so many books.. maybe it'd have a book on herbs? She looked at chase, comforted that she wouldn't be left entirely alone with humans. It smelled like parchment paper and something else she couldn't quite place. It reminded her of the one book her mother gave her about certain plants of the ocean and plants on land. She watched as Chase and Elaine talked before growing bored and began to check out the books there. There were old books to be sure. Some on the legendary mermaids.. others on human anatomy.. and finally some on chemicals. She grabbed one of the books on herbal plants and another on chemicals and plucked up the courage to walk over to the man at the counter. "Excuse me... do you have more information on plants.. and possibly the chemicals humans...er people would use on fish?"

Chase hummed as he followed along, shoving his hands into his pockets casually. He knew that this whole situation with the mysterious chemical was pretty important, but he also wasn't too interested in rushing things. Since Pierce had been taken care of, there wasn't much else for him to worry about; this Elaine (he knew of her, though he didn't really know her) didn't seem to have noticed anything strange.

Once they reached the bookstore he grinned, leaning back a little bit as he looked through a few titles near the front.

"Ah, it's the newest issue of a medical journal. It had an interesting study in it about lowering the chance of Alzheimer's using drugs developed for STDs, and..." He trailed off when he realized that he was maybe getting a little bit excited. "Well, it's mostly academic stuff anyways. I tend to collect them, whenever a new one comes out."

Erik

ukiiyo ukiiyo Killerclown Killerclown

After Celeste finished her statement Erik pulled up to Hanks and stopped in the driveway. He’d known the old man ever since he got to Crystal Cove and while he wasn’t a fan of humans he always loved Hank. His character made him think of the old sailors that his sister used to taunt out at sea. Maybe that’s why Erik joked with him so much. The man had told him many tales of his times at sea though and he always had words of wisdom for the clan leader. “Celeste I have to go but text me if you think of anything else.” Erik hung up the phone and walked up to the front door banging on it loudly and obnoxiously. “HANK YOU BLOODY LAND LOVER OPEN UP!!” Erik yelled containing his laughter “I KNOW YOU’VE BEEN LANDLOCKED FOR SO LONG YOU PROBABLY DON’T REMEMBER HOW BOATS WORK ANYMORE OLD TIMER BUT I NEED YOU’RE ADVICE!!!!” Erik laughed as he waited to see the captains reaction.

Elaine

Thrushwing Thrushwing Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime FireMaiden FireMaiden Tetro Tetro

Elaine smiled at chase “that’s actually really cool! I don’t know a whole lot about medical stuff...all I really know about is fish and the ocean.” Elaine hesitated at the door she’d tried to work for Elijah once years ago when she was younger but he had quickly sent her on her way because of her unbridled enthusiasm apparently people who were shopping for books weren’t interested in a young teen shoving books they didn’t ask for into their arms even though Elaine knew they would have loved them. She still went by the store on occasion but that memory always made her smile even if she couldn’t work for Elijah at least she could still pester him. Elaine gave him a wave as she walked in allowing Adrielle to introduce herself and talk to the bookstore owner she was surprised to see another person there organizing the books. “I can’t believe he hired someone he’s so picky about his books.” Elaine whispered to chase. “I would know!” She said giving him a nudge before approaching the new girl “Did Elijah hire you to help with the books? I know he can be a really stickler about who helps organize them I hope you do a good job!”

"That works for me." Elijah nodded and waved his hand at Eleni's request. After making his way back behind the counter, three more people came in. It seemed like it would be an exciting day. Especially if Elaine would be here. The girl was sweet and meant well but she harassed his customers far too much for him to keep her around. "I am as much a stickler as you are a child," he smirked, poking fun at Elaine as she addressed his new employee. When Adrielle used the word 'humans' Elijah looked at everyone who was now in his bookstore, except for the Captain, then looked back to Adrielle. "I have plenty. Were you looking for something specific? Otherwise there is an entire section over there," he pointed to a large green bookshelf in the back. "If you're looking for books on the kinds of plants mermaids most commonly use though, those I keep in the back." Elijah spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, but said it very casually as if it were just a common fact of life. He leaned his back against the wall, keeping his expression calm and controlled.

606489Location: Shoreside Reeds
Interaction: Lilliana2 Lilliana2 (Elaine) Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime (Chase)
Mentioned: Killerclown Killerclown (The Captain) Tetro Tetro (Elijah) Thrushwing Thrushwing (Adrielle)
Outfit:
"You have an odd taste in books Chase, " Eleni chuckled, glancing over at the man nearby. The bookstore seemed to suddenly increase in popularity, in both humans and her fellow mermaids, the shark felt like something particular hard triggered it. And it was only proved by the voice of Adrielle asking Elijah if he had books on chemicals. It was an odd request, one she would have gone and questioned her about if another woman hadn't approached and began a conversation. The human woman looked familiar, Eleni having seen her during her early morning and late-night swims. And sometimes while venturing into the marine emporium, she had picked up the scent of this very woman. "Yes, he did. I'm Eleni," The woman nodded, flashing the human a smile. "I think I impressed him, either by the mildly sarcastic insults, or dating and old book written in Greek." It wasn't clear why he had offered her a job, but Eleni was thankful regardless. Then Elijah made the comment about mermaid plants, Eleni pausing momentarily as she glanced up back towards the counter, she shook her head. "He really takes the theme of the town seriously doesn't he?" She muttered, looking back to the books In the shelf. Did he know something about her clan? They had been careful, she knew they had been, but maybe he was trying to get them to skip up? She shook her head, shaking it off. It didn't matter, none of them were dumb enough to reveal themselves. "So, do you know why Adrielle is looking for fishermen chemicals?" She asked the woman standing next to her, "You came in with her."

Elaine

Tetro Tetro FireMaiden FireMaiden Thrushwing Thrushwing Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime

Elaine rolled her eyes at Elijahs child comment. Then presented the green vial to Eleni “my name is Elaine and honestly I’d be pretty impressed too! I just know English so Greek is really impressive! We found this green stuff on the animals that were caught in the fishermen’s nets and it’s hurting them so we’re trying to figure out what it is.” She turned to Elijah “First of all this is clearly man made even if it originates in the ocean! And second of all the mermaids here are peaceful creatures that’s why the town loves them and why there’s almost no drownings here, everyone just washes up on the beach like nothing happened so it’s obvious that the mermaids are friendly!” Her tone was snarky and also a bit defensive. Elaine had never seen or met a mermaid before but she was completely convinced they existed. She shrugged “there’s a reason this town has a mermaid theme and it’s not just for tourists, I’ve never seen one but I promise you they’re out there somewhere.” Elaine was entirely stern on her last comment. Lots of people had mocked her before for her belief but they’re teasing never bothered her any. She turned to Chase “I know you’re a doctor and all and you probably don’t believe me but trust me when I say whether you agree with me or not that I’m not crazy.” She was joking...kinda but she wasn’t about to be sent to a mental institution.

Chase grinned and shrugged his shoulders at Eleni's comment about his reading material.

"Hey, gotta keep up on the industry and all," he said. Especially with a famous surgeon around that he was trying to impress, but really, that was only a bonus.

He listened to Elaine talk and raised his eyebrows when she addressed him, the corner of his mouth twitchying upwards.

"I don't think you're crazy," he said reassuringly, then smirked. "I think you've just got an overactive imagination. Mermaids aren't real; most sightings from the past were just things like seals, walruses and manatees. And I can see it, you know? Some of them make really human-like sounds, and if you're a pirate from the 1500s hanging out on your boat at night and you see a manatee in the distance, it can look half human in the dark. But that's it."

He flicked her gently in the forehead, grinning as he turned back to Elijah, who had been talking about mermaid plants and the like. Really, humans in this town were so...

"Anyways, even if mermaids were real, which they're not, I wouldn't trust a book sold by a shady middle aged man in a tourist trap to be too accurate anyways. No offense or anything," he added quickly, because he did intend to continue business here, and he didn't want to piss Elijah off too much. Turning back to Elaine, he eyed the green mixture in her bottle and hummed. "Anyways, if you guys are really curious, we could maybe see about doing a chemical analysis at the hospital lab? But it could take a while for the results to come back in, and I'd have to do the lab tech a huge favour, so if you'd prefer to look at it yourselves that might be easier."

( Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Tetro Tetro FireMaiden FireMaiden )

606762Location: Shoreside Reeds
Interaction: Lilliana2 Lilliana2 (Elaine) Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime (Chase)
Mentioned: Killerclown Killerclown (The Captain) Tetro Tetro (Elijah) Thrushwing Thrushwing (Adrielle)
Outfit:
"It's a dye," Eleni replied flatly, "Fishermen, though honestly, poachers fit the ones who use that more, use it on their nets. It makes the fish sleepy, paralyzes them if they get too much on them, can make then sick if they accidentally swallow it somehow." The hunters in Greece used it, her father was covered in a green dye too, since it was an easy color to track. "Makes any of the big fish that getaway easy to spot at night too. Sharks, rays, dolphins...you catch my drift right?" She didn't know any specifics about the composition, it was obviously a chemical solution. "Try finding something that is easily absorbed through the skin, that attacks the nervous system but doesn't kill." If the hu-Elaine heard her, she didn't know since he turned away and began to defend mermaids against Elijah. Though, nothing about his comments went an implied he was blaming the mermaids for the dye. He's just trying to get a reaction, and Eliane sure did give him one. It made the shark chuckle, shaking her head slightly. She then turned to Chase for help, who assured her, but said she had an overactive imagination. "Don't mind him, Elaine, he's a party pooper. But, you should go and test that dye. The smartest way to go."

Elaine

Elaine rubbed her forehead after chase flicked her it didn’t hurt or anything but it did help her calm down on a way. She was being a bit passionate over a small comment but she wasn’t about to admit that she sighed and cooly responded to his attempt to shut down her belief “If all you believe in is things that have been proven you’ll never discover anything new.” She then gave her attention back to Eleni “it probably is dye but there’s something sinister about it. I’ve never actually tried to find the chemical composition of anything before so I was hoping I could find some books to help walk me through the process. I can give Chase a tiny bit to test though just to be safe.” Elaine flipped the vial over a few times watching how the green liquid looked kinda sticky it moved like a stubborn liquid trying to cling to glass and moving slowly. She shot Adrielle a quick look to see if she saw what she did, she wanted to make sure she was still just as concerned about the liquid as she was. She then looked at Elijah “So do you have any books that say how to find the chemical structure of a liquid?”

Adrielle Lamura

Adrielle turned noticeably paler at Elijah's comment. "How did you know that those books are rea- Ah.. haha." her voice cracked as she bit back her sentence and she made a weak laugh. Her voice croaked towards the end. This much stress is not good. She meant to lean against something but her hands came up empty and she ended up almost falling when she leaned over expecting her weight to be held. This is definitely an awkward moment she thought. "I'm scared of the ocean. You know merpeople pulling me into the depths and all. They could have fangs and claws and ..." What was it that humans believed about us? And WHY is it so hot in here all of a sudden? She could feel the heat spread throughout her body, something that only happened when she was embarrassed, nervous.. or more likely around humans. "A-anyways" she cleared her throat, "I'll be checking out some of those mermaid books. " She tried her best to compose herself as she walked towards the well worn spines. One of the books talked of a fish with healing properties, and another some coral a good swim away. A hard lump settled in her throat and she swallowed heavily. She hadn't swum that far in a long time. Besides what about sharks?! Her skin prickled at the thought. She peered at Elijah. "You wouldn't happen to have a boat would you?" she tried to mention it offhand, "What you do with it of course is your choice. Eleni... maybe you and I could go somewhere either with Elijah... or...?"

Last edited:
"Pardon you, I am the definition of a party animal," Chase rebutted, clutching one hand over his heart as though Eleni's words had truly wounded him. He shrugged his shoulders in response to Elaine's comment, though there was a smile on his face as well.

"Maybe so, but I've always been a follower more than a leader, myself. Let the geniuses out there discover all the new things, I'll just study it once I know it's there," he said, trying his best not to grimace at Adrielle's little outburst. She really was not one for lying or going with the flow, was she? He had half a mind to invite her out to the sidewalk to breathe for a few minutes before she had a panic attack or something, but he didn't want to be too suspicious. So instead he turned back to Elaine, nodding his head. "Yeah, just a bit should be good. I should be able to have the results in about a week or so, maybe a bit more."

He honestly didn't really expect the girls to find anything out on their own, but he respected Elaine's initiative too much to actually say so to her face.

Erik

Thrushwing Thrushwing

Erik peered in through a window but didn’t see captain Hank so he decided it was time to head back to the bar. On his way back he was surprised to notice maverick laying out the the beach he stopped his truck and approached him walking slowly at first before realizing how beat up he was Erik’s pace quickened to a run till he was next to him.

“Maverick what happened to you??” Erik asked concerned he wrapped one arm around him and lifted him to his feet pulling him to the truck and setting him down on the passenger side. “I’m taking you back to the bar. You’re going to explain to me what happened you look horrible.”

Elaine

Mikotsuhime Mikotsuhime FireMaiden FireMaiden Thrushwing Thrushwing Tetro Tetro

Elaine found a book titled “experimenting with chemicals at home” she smiled hopefully this would help “thanks for the book Elijah I’ll bring it back tomorrow I promise!!” Elaine gave a small bit of the green goo to chase.

“Let me know when the results come back!” She said enthusiastically as rushed out the door she needed to start testing on the goo! She probably wouldn’t even had bothered if she’d know that she’d never be able to figure out what it was but for now she was determined besides she had bigger things in store for the fishermen tonight. Her and Rowan has hatched the idea to sneak on board and spray paint the boat at night as a sign of protest she was looking forward to it.

Elijah was ready to make mention of what the green goo was. His interactions with the Captain, and his own history regarding the fishing industry, had left him quite knowledgeable regarding chemicals. It also helped he read about everything he could involving anything related to the seas and oceans. But before he could even say anything his new employee had spoken up first. He was impressed. Elijah didn't directly address the obvious lack of comfort his comment brought to the girl before him. It seemed like there was more going on in his little shop than most wanted to say out loud. He wasn't going to start pointing fingers, but he knew Adrielle was obviously a mermaid. And, her involvement of Eleni, put his new employee on his radar as well. "See you later Elaine," he waved to her.

"I do have some books on what you might be looking for. But you're not going to learn much. They're very basic and simple, essentially informing you only of what Eleni has already said." He walked from behind the counter to stand beside Adrielle. "Well, while Chase goes and finds out what that stuff is exactly," he referred to the green substance, "I would be more than willing to take Eleni and Adrielle out for a ride. Do you have any objections, Eleni?"

Last edited:
Nereida Marlowe

Nereida woke up, being a polycyclic sleeper, at around 5pm. She prefered this, as she couldn't be fully nocturnal, due to Erik wanting everyone "to be apart of society". Her sun allergy wasn't too bad, but after 5 minutes in the sun she would be covered in blisters.

She had been exploring the abyss, and had found a few old shipwrecks, easy to plunder for treasure. Could make a good buck, selling to various people in town.

Wandering down to the beach, she took a look out on the horizon. Ugh. Fishing boats. Probling trawling the seafloor. Jerks.

Slipping into the water, she swam out near the edge of the abyss. Due to her large size as a mermaid or squid, she had to swim out a ways before doing anything.

Submerging herself, swimming down as far as she could, she let herself grow to almost 16 yards. A whirl of bubbles surrounded her as her legs became a crown of tentacles and arms, with a razor sharp beak in the middle. Looking around, her eyesight perfect in the water, there was a wreck not too far down into the abyss.

Being stealthy as a giant squid isn't easy, but going deep into the abyss, she wouldnt be noticed.

Wow. A full Spanish wreck. Almost like something out of a movie. This is probably full of gold. I'll look around, and research before grabbing anything.

She swam around, nearer the wreck. It was unreal.. beautiful. Jetting downward, enjoying the feeling of being a squid.

Maybe I can find something to sell to a museum, that would bring alot of money to the clan. But would that bring too much attention to us? Probably not. Just another miraculous discovery newsto.. What the... a bright green net?

She hadn't noticed the fishing trawling net until it was too late. She shifted quickly, becoming a full giant squid. Better to be that then a mermaid for a quick getaway.

The net started to rise, as she got tangled in attemping to escape. Her vision swam, the more she struggled in the net, the more this green dye got on her. It stung wherever it touched.

Grabbing the net in her beak, she pulled, hoping to rip a hole in it. If she turned human, she wouldn't be able to survive the pressure down here without a dive suit.

The net was too strong, and the dye made her want to throw up and was impossible to get out of her beak. The pain continued, and it became harder to move.

Hopefully, they'll throw me back. Or one of the clan will find me.

Maverick Romulus

Maverick felt sturdy arms wrap around him. The pain in his chest constricted. "Erik..." Maverick attempted to smile but he coughed instead. "Whatever you do we can't go to a hospital. I can't pay the bills for this." His breathing was labored as the sheriff put him in the passenger seat. "As long as we don't scare my two employees away. Do you know anyone that works for free?" Maverick grimaced as he gently touched his right side. "I seem to have broken some bones." Already the sensitive area was swelling and turning blue and purple.

Erik

Thrushwing Thrushwing koala koala

Erik sighed at Maverick it would be better for him to go to the hospital but he understood that it was expensive. “I’m sure they’ll understand.” He reassured his passenger right now he was more concerned with him being ok than what his new employees would think. He pulled up to the bar and helped Mave through the doors.

“You guys please help me with him he won’t go to the hospital.” Erik yelled as he walked in the doors to get their attention he glanced at his watch it was already 5:30 it would start getting dark at six so everyone could go in the water by seven. The sun always set incredibly early which was nice for the merfolk but he worried about how maverick would hold up in the bar being so beat up. It amazed him how delicate humans were compared to merfolk, it must’ve been an effect of the ocean. He glanced at Everly wondering if she too was fragile. Hopefully she’d never be as seriously hurt as Maverick was. Erik looked over him again he had clearly been roughed up by at least a few people it was a brutal beating. “Everly could you grab us some ice? Kian do you know if there’s a first aid kit anywhere in here??”

Everly Davidson & Kian WilkstromLocation: Tidal Potions
Time: 5:30 PM
Interactions: Maverick Thrushwing Thrushwing , Erik Lilliana2 Lilliana2

When Maverick had left that morning with those burly-looking men, it set off some alarms but Everly trusted the older man could take care of himself. As much as she wanted to go after him, she knew that it would've been best to stay at the bar and train the the new guy. It would have also been nosy of her to trail him. She'd just returned to town and she and Maverick weren't exactly close when she still worked the bar during summer. They'd met on a few occasions but they were fleeting moments since she really only communicated with his deceased father.

By the time Kian and her had cleaned up the store, it was nearing 2:30 PM. They'd completely missed lunch and the young woman could feel the hunger pains. Since she was unsure of when Maverick would came back, she simply shot him a text and said she'd stop by her house to drop of her things and fix some food. Dragging Kian along was also mentioned because she wasn't quite sure she trusted a stranger in Tidal Potions alone, plus it gave her a reason to take the spare key with her in case something happened.

Once they'd both made the walk to her beach-front house, which was next to her adoptive parents', she opened the door. It had creaked slightly, so she noted that some things would probably need to be renovated. The house hadn't really had any occupants since her parents because the Davidsons were stern about not wanting to sell it and to give it to Everly when she came of age. Because of that, a lot of the old architecture and designs were still in place. They were as beautiful as ever, but she could feel her heart pinch inside her chest.

Once she'd dropped off her stuff and made a quick late lunch meal for herself and Kian, they had a brief conversation. She learned a bit about the man, but he was rather mysterious in the way he easily dodged some questions or didn't answer them in full. Everly wasn't the type to push buttons though because she understood how frustrating that could be. Instead, they finished the remainder of their meal in silence before heading back to the bar. Of course, when they got back, Maverick was still no where in sight.

The two had opted to do some additional cleaning even though it wasn't necessary. She'd even begun counting what they had to make a list of what needed to be bought during the next supply order. There was actually a lot more that they needed than she expected and it made her wonder how Maverick had managed to survive on his own without some more help.

When the clock struck 5:30, the bar door swung open. The door bells jingled angrily as two men stepped in. One was the sheriff and the other was Maverick. Everly's eyes widened as she stared at the battered men, hand held to her mouth as she let out a loud gasp. Rushing over from behind the counter, her voice and expression were filled with worry. "Oh my god. Maverick, are you okay? What happened? You need to go to the hospital!"

Erik explained that the man refused to go to the hospital, which prompted Everly to open her mouth to refute but she quickly shut up when Kian stepped over. The brunette helped Erik set Maverick down on one of the seats and he nodded towards Everly. It was a silent comment that she should listen to Erik and grab the ice. As much as she wanted to to defy the order, the woman went to the back to grab ice anyways while Kian reached behind the counter and pulled out the first aid kit.

"What happened?" Kian asked as he opened up the kit and stared at its contents. There was antiseptic, some bandages, and some cleaning materials and utensils. He'd seen it all before, but he'd never really used it himself so he wasn't quite sure how to go about it. The most he'd ever viewed was on a doctor show on a television, however, he didn't know if that was reliable or not.

Soon, Everly came out with a bag of eyes wrapped in a towel. She handed it to Maverick because she didn't want to place it somewhere it shouldn't go.

Maverick groaned when they propped him up on the stool. "I owe about another thousand to those dogs." He gave a small smile before wincing. "Dad's hospital payments cost a lot." The cuts on his body still oozed blood and his jacket was bloodied. "And that was my favorite jacket too.." he mused as he gingerly tried to peel it off of his person. He was shirtless underneath and one could see the lacerations some which could use stitches. He grabbed the ice pack and pressed the cold comfort against his side. "Thank god they didn't break my leg. How could I keep this business afloat?" Even throughout all his pain his mind was still on the business. It was obvious he loved the shop his dad gave him. "Now.. how's our inventory doing? We might have a lot of people come tonight."

Erik

Thrushwing Thrushwing koala koala

Erik sighed at Maverick he was amazed that all he could think about was the bar at a time like this. It was true though people would be coming in soon. He respected him for his work drive though. He pulled out his phone and sent out a group text to the merfolk water is open please stay safe someone check on Nereida and we need some scouts and warriors to investigate the ships tonight when it’s dark and they aren’t dragging the nets. Everyone with green goo on them please try to wash it off and talk to a healer to see if you can swim or not. Erik read through it one more time before sending the group message.

He walked to the back of the bar and poured himself a glass of whiskey it was a weird day he needed it. He placed $10 on the counter enough to cover the drink and a tip before walking back to Maverick.

“Maves people are going to be coming in soon Are you able to bartend tonight? It might be easier to let Everly and Kian handle it with your injuries.” He glanced at the two of them he wasn’t sure if they could really handle it or not but he’d be there too. He was more interested in knowing how Maverick was in debt and who it was that he was in debt to. This was the last thing he needed on top of the fishing boats out there. “Once the bleeding stops I have some clothes in my truck if you need to borrow some clean ones.” He glanced at Everly he didn’t want her to think he was always this straightforward and stern but he wasn’t sure how to handle this situation but he was trying.

Nereida Marlowe

The green ooze stuck to her skin, limiting her breathing. She couldn't shift, as any form she took would cause confusion. Full giant squid was her best bet.

She could hear the wench grinding to lift up the net as she started to see the surface, and hear a few voices of fishermen. The sea air hit her first, then yelling.

"DAVIES. WHAT THE EVERLOVING F*** IS THAT?"

She could hear shouting, and something about. .. call a news station. Oh no. This could not be happening.

Her mind began to swim as the green ooze blocked her breathing, attempting to clear it from her beak. She felt the net drop onto the boat, chromataphors going wild in an attempt to hide, to no avail.

Still shouting stuff about prize money, museums, and being famous, she felt the net slip out from under her so she could lie fully on the deck, must be a large ship then. She grabbed the leg of one fisherman with an arm as they laid her out on deck, some splashing water over her as she laid there to keep her alive. With a burst of strength, she flung the fisherman overboard.

Mistake to put me next to the edge. Better teach him.

She grabbed another, wrapping around him, but she could feel herself becoming weaker and weaker. Letting him go, she tried to climb overboard, to no avail. She settled down, not wanting to be killed, and recognizing that she can't win with this ooze on her.

"WE GOT OURSELVES A KRAKEN, MEN!"

Erik is going to kill me for this. If these idiots don't kill me first.

Mentions:
Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back