• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Crisis Point (Superhero Roleplay)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Bailey Del'Lanis aka Majesty
Zoom Base - Brockton Bay Hospital

She muttered something under her breath when the topic of dealing with Knight came up. They cold leave it to Supernova, the guy who took him down before. Knight couldn't have changed that much, so Supernova shouldn't have any problems with Knight. Then again, it had been three years, who knows how much Knight would have improved. And May was talking like she would take on Knight like it was a good idea. Menlo was talking about something with the Powerplant, but Bailey was thinking about the fight with Knight. Next thing she knew however...

"It's not much better with a warning," Bailey stated, taking a second to let her body recover from the brief shock of moving so fast, before she looked around. Knight and Supernova suddenly flew overhead, crashing into a nearby building. That solved the problem of them having to fight him. But now that they were there, what the he'll were they going to do. Looking to May, Baikey asked, "What all did Knight demand?" Yumiko Yumiko

BLACKOUT
Power Plant Front

Despite the reckless driving on the way to the power plant, Steve wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Not that he wasn't immune to the effect of the sudden shifts of direction, of course (though, he was holding onto the underneath of the seat to brace himself) - it just that he didn't care for his safety. He seemed fearless, his emotion not shifting from 'neutral' even in the case of the near misses or the sudden braking. Perhaps it was simply who he was or maybe...well, perhaps it was more than that.

As his partner 'parked', Steve was already preparing to move, silenced pistol in hand. He looked towards Elina as she asked him for privacy, and nodded. "Be quick about it. We have work to do."

As he stepped out, he looked around his gun pointing erratically towards each other person there. "Hmm", he said, calling to Elina who was in the car behind tinted windows, "seems clean up has already gotten here. Doesn't affect us, though." Then, a faint beeping and whirring sound echoed as his mechanical eye changed lens. Within moments, he could see a faint...transparent glow, to best put it. "My Eye has already picked up Powerline's EM waves. Let's go." Despite the seemingly hostile and impatient words, his voice was still the same as normal. Eerily so, in fact.

Damafaud Damafaud (and technically those in front of the power plant, although he doesn't seem interested in actually talking to any of them.)

May stumbled for a moment as the two opponents collided with the building. “Uhm.” She clicked on her phone again and checked her text messages.

CD: Fuck you.
CD: A little note before you begin your masquerade
CD: Don’t approach the people. This dude is a Master and he’s told all the nurses and patients to kill themselves or each other if a hero tries to rescue them.

“Oh fuck me. My brother watched the broadcast and apparently we can’t even get close to the people.” She looked over to where Ralph sat, her lips twitching downwards underneath her surgical mask. “In other words, these people are pretty suicidal at the moment and holy shit are you okay?!”
——————————-•
Interaction: fin fin FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mention:
Archdemon Archdemon
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Last edited:
Lionel.

"You owe us."

A group of around several, sketchy looking individuals surrounded Lionel in an empty parking lot, all carrying a various array of makeshift weaponry - such as baseball bats, pipe irons, and other blunt weaponry. At this point Lionel had just been approached by these individuals, all being those that he'd seen before. Lionel owned the "leader" of the group a large sum of money that had been due for some time, and they had been hunting him ever since for what they were promised. Of course, Lionel had no intention of giving them anything, and carried little to no pocket change with him. He was caught in a position where he had nothing to give and nobody to back him up, and it looked very bad for him.

"I've nothing to give you, I'd said it already. I'll pay you eventually. Say you do kill me - you won't get the money anyways." Lionel was trying to at least talk himself out of the situation first. He had no way of actually fighting them at this point - there were too many, and they were armed. Even so, he felt, for the most part, prepared to get the living shit kicked out of him. He didn't think they would /try/ to kill him - he knows they still want the money. His mannerisms were relaxed and generally nonchalant towards the situations, he felt confident that he'd be able to get away. The individuals surrounding him moved closer, they stood threateningly, with weapons ready swing at a moment's notice. "I don't care anymore, you're done." The ring leader saying that was obviously some sort or signal to start. All of the hoodlums surrounding Lionel moved in, all swinging their weapons at once. He already knew the kind of beating he was going to get. As the first swung made contact with his gut, he already tasted the metallic taste of blood fill his mouth and override his senses - it was disgusting. Pain shot through his whole body and he leaned over, clenching at his stomach as the wind was knocked right out of him. As he leaned, another hit made contact with has back - feeling the blunt contact of a bat up against his spine. Lionel collapsed, barely able to bear the incredible pain that he was experiencing. They continually beat him for some time - bloodying him up and heavily injuring him. After several minutes, he was practically near death, gurgling on any words that tried to escape his mouth."Yer' fuckin' mistake. None of this would've happened if you'd just paid when I asked you to." The leader spat on Lionel - they seemed to be taking a break from kicking the shit out of him.

What's this feeling? Lionel thought to himself, the pain subsiding slowly. I've only felt this once before.. It's coming back to me, isn't it? After a few moments, the pain completely disappeared. He felt much lighter compared to before, like he could lift himself off the ground in a moment's notice. He had grown slightly in size, muscles appearing more defined, and teeth sharpening to more of a point - though still looking human, he looked a bit different, eyes appearing more animalistic. Lionel rose from the ground, staring down the back of the leader's head, with some of the other hoodlums staring at Lionel. The top dog looked backed, seemingly surprised. "How the hell are you standing up after tha-" Before he could finish his sentence, Lionel was in front of him with his hand wrapped around his throat, squeezing his neck. He felt incredibly light as he moved, and the man obviously wasn't expecting it. The leader grabbed at his throat, gasping for air, as the other hoodlums were stunned by this sudden burst of energy. The man's esophagus began to be crushed by Lionel's hand, feeling like a piece of paper in his hand. After a few moments, the leader's movements completely stopped, Lionel letting go, allowing the body to fall to the ground. I've grown, haven't I? Lionel looked at the other members of the little clique. A few ran, while one swung that bat at Lionel's head. It was such an exaggerated and choreographed swing, he just moved out of a way, before digging his hand deep into the man's gut, letting him fall over afterwards, wheezing for air.

All the other members had fled at this point, they wanted no part of it. Lionel looked down at his hands, "I didn't think I'd feel anything remotely similar to this ever again.. I feel much lighter, the power behind my strike just now.." Lionel spoke to himself silently. The parking lot this had occurred in wasn't necessarily secluded - anyone could have easy seen what had just occurred. Though, Lionel wasn't very focused on whether or not anyone had seen him. He took interest in this power, it made him happy. And what he'd just done was certainly exciting - though, he felt some regret for supposedly killing the leader of the group.

"Geez Menlo... You look like shit." Toxin said as she dug the drugs out. "Here. If we were under different circumstances I would relish in this... But I'm not idiotic." She said as she held them out for Menlo. She sighed, she would usually be laughing at this point, but for it not to be her own doing took the fun out of it.

"I don't even understand why you need these... But your the boss so... " Toxin said with a roll of her eyes.

Birdsie Birdsie

nadine-jpg.380167

Elina Springfield
Impulse
Power Plant Front ==> Street
Mention: The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald
Once Steve stepped out of the car, Elina locked the door and put up a silver screen on the windshield. In a trained movement, she took off her blouse and skirt and put on a navy blue leather jacket under her shirt. The shoes she wore were kicked off, replaced by her Urban Jungle Boots. The brooch was now pocketed in her jacket, along with small metal plates. After arranging her hair into a ponytail, Elina put on her Urban Jungle Gloves and exited the car. Steve was waiting for her.

She never had much interaction with soldiers, but are all of them this impassive? He felt more like an AI instead of human. Pushing away these thoughts, Elina focused on the task on hand.

"Lead me, then," she followed behind him, her boots occassionally boosting her steps, making them larger than normal.

BLACKOUT
Power Plant Front

Often people had referred to him as robotic or artificial. Most just assumed that it was just because of his militaristic background, but...well, there was something else. Even the harshest and strictest general had emotion and hobbies, yet Steve didn't seem to possess either. His emotion existed, of course, just that Steve often repressed them for the sake of the mission - and, as far as he was concerned, the mission was 24/7.

He nodded towards the woman as she spoke, and began following the trail - his Eye whirring all the time as it automatically adjusted to accommodate for the subtle difference in the surrounding EM interference. After all, he was only after a subtle trail of an electric user, not the entire electrical grid. Before long, however, he paused. "I don't like this. If Powerline has allies that have helped her escape, there's nothing to say she doesn't have goons waiting to jump us. Get close, and if you need me tug on my arm. I won't be able to her you. No-one will."

Without so much of a pause, Steve placed his hand onto Elina's shoulder. With his silenced pistol in his other hand, he began to concentrate. Then, suddenly, nothing. No loud bang, no magical lightshow - not even a small squeak. With nothing at all, nothing seemed to have changed. Of course, except for one major thing - the pair were completely invisible. Not only were they invisible, but they were silent. Their heat signatures were completely masked, and even their neural activities seemed to vanish. They could be anywhere, and you'd never know about it.

With a gentle shove, Steve began to nudge Elina towards where his Eye was leading him.

Damafaud Damafaud

Supernova:

He grunted out in pain as he was hit back, smashing through the concrete walls behind him. He leaped forward and then flew up into the sky at maximum speed, generating an incredibly loud sonic shockwave that made people plug their ears with their hands. He floated in the sky for a moment, fixing his gaze upon Knight.

(The eagle-dive part must be read while listening to 0:21 and on)

He raises his fist and energy starts focusing on it. Beams of sunlight started diverting their course to gather in Supernova’s fist, making it glow and release incredible amounts of heat. He rose up in the sky and then placed his fist near his head, readying his devastating blow. “STAR BLAST…” He yelled out, starting to fly back down from the stratosphere at incredible speed.

The crowd erupted in yells, jumping up and down with excitement.

Achilles gritted his teeth and clenched his burning fist, slamming it with his full might combined with the dying star’s power against Knight’s chest, into the ground, creating an enormous crater. “…HYPERNOVA!” He shouted as a devastating jolt from his blow made the very foundations of the hospital tremble.

Then, without waiting for any recovery from Knight, as payback, he began releasing a flurry of punches into Knight’s armored body, letting out a loud scream as his fists hit against his metal casing repeatedly.

Archdemon Archdemon

Powerline

She suddenly opened her eyes as she heard her front door click open. She jumped up to her feet and found herself in front of a person who was a little shorter than she was. She went pale, feeling his cold oozing from his body, mostly because he mentioned the power plant. I can’t use my electricity or he’ll found out…I have to play the scared citizen part. She thought to herself, falling back on her bed, slowly backing up.

She looked extremely scared, “W-who are you? W-wh-wh-what do you want f-from me?” She stuttered, staring into his cold, empty eyes as her hands shook lightly, clenching on the bedsheets as to “relieve anxiety”. In reality, she was not scared at all. She could absorb the electricity in his body and paralyze him for about 4 hours if she wanted, but she didn’t show it. Her body language showed that she was scared: her legs were shaking, her skin was pale and her pupils were dilated.

She was a great actor indeed, and only someone extremely dumb would think that she was playing scared. She stared into his eyes as the color of her skin went even whiter than it usually is. “P-please don’t hurt me…” She said, looking away as one tear left her right eye. In reality, she was pressing one of her long sharp nails into her palm to cause herself pain, so that the tear would generate and flow out of her eye.

Kloudy Kloudy

nadine-jpg.380167

Elina Springfield
Impulse
Street
As sudden as a second passed, Steve vanished from her vision. For a moment she froze in place. When the nudge came, she couldn't help but took a sharp breath. Then she remembered. Her current partner was talented in stealth. A stranger. Steeling herself, Elina got hold of the invisible hand and focused the repulsive energy in her boots.

They leaped over several vehicles with ease as Elina traversed from walls to walls, avoiding the crowded concrete street using her power. She hadn't noticed beforehand as she needed to concentrate to also gave Blackout a pulse of force, but she had also turned invisible. Compared to most Stranger's power, this was stronger, with larger utility.

Her mind wondered to Alpha, who promised to watch over the cafe during her stay at PTR. What he would be doing now? She had turned a blind eye to his tendency of working with criminals, but she couldn't help him if he got himself arrested. Or commit a crime in daylight. If not for his almost paranoid caution, he would have been in the Birdcage.

Shaking these thoughts away, Elina moved along with Blackout, following his nudges toward Powerline.

BLACKOUT
Nearing Powerline's House

Steve knew all about Elina and her powers and gadgets, so the sudden leaps through the air didn't seem to faze him - not like anyone would notice otherwise, considering their current situation. He did feel a little impressed, though...perhaps tools like that would really assist him. Perhaps after the mission was over, he'd ask her to make something like that for him. Imagine an invisible sniper with the ability to leap buildings without anyone even knowing...it would make an already brilliant stealth operative into a more formidable opponent.

As they leapt from building to car back to building again, no sound was heard from the impacts - not even a whisper. In fact, as Steve walked over a leaf on one of the rooftops his weight didn't even cause it to crinkle. As if he was weightless, yet not. His ability was probably one of the more powerful of the PRT, despite having no actual offensive capabilities - although, did you really need an offensive power when you could not be seen or heard by anyone par a few Thinkers? His military CQC training and gun training easily provided Steve with the oomph he needed to take down most foes, anyways.

It wouldn't be long until Steve would find out where Powerline ended up. He could see exactly where she went, thanks to the amplified EM courtesy of her electric powers.

Damafaud Damafaud

"Brockton Bay Hospital, the battlefield in which the villainous Knight has challenged all heroes to a duel that will decide the fate of all that is within the hospital. A duel in which only the worthy may take arms and try to defeat this villain who returned from the dead. But when all hope seems lost, there he arrives! The almighty Supernova! The most heroic hero that ever heroed, he has returned to once more put an end to Knight's evildoing! Like the battle three years prior, Supernova and Knight face each other in a battle unlike any other, no one could look away! Blow after blow each titan traded, the very earth shook and trembled. Then, in a mighty show of force, both combatants unleashed their strongest attacks. But, as the ashes fell, one remained standing, and it was Knight!" *gasp!* "Is all hope lost? Will the villain triumph over the hero? Will evil reign supreme as good is crush under its heel? Fear not fair citizens of Brockton Bay, for we have arrived to save you!" *cheer!* "Then after we say that, we'll say our names in an exaggerated but heroic manner while doing our super awesome poses, shout out our team name in unison, then one of us needs to explode from behind so that we all look super cool. You all got that?"

A figure atop the hospital was explaining this to five other similar looking individuals, sounding as if she is giving instructions to cheerleaders for the big cheer dance competition. However, despite her enthusiasm, not everyone was too thrilled. One was definitely looking bored, the other was in deep thought as if taking a shit, another was more interested in the battle currently taking place, one was looking nervous and trembling, and finally the last one was actually pretty excited by what she had said. "For fruit salad's sake, can't you guys even look a little bit excited! She's the only one excited, and we all know she's a fucking moron!" The apparent leader shouted as she rudely gestured towards the grinning one, who was nodding vigorously in agreement with her statement. "It's true, I am a moron!" The moron proudly stated, the others only sighing in disappointment. "U-Um, isn't it a little bit, um, embarrassing? P-People might laugh at us instead." The timid one said, really hoping she wouldn't have to take part in it. "And why do we even have to save those people? Saving people is so lame, and boring, and stupid, and tiring, and stupid. Besides, won't people dislike us even more if we interrupt the fight going on?" One of them pointed out, conveniently forgetting that due to their villain status they're practically hated and feared in equal measures. "It's kinda like when you're in line for ice cream, then you finally reach the end of the line and there's only one ice cream left and you're really happy and excited, then some asshole just barges in and takes it? Feels bad man." She explained, to which a few of the others nodded their heads in agreement.

"It is true, it is rather rude to barge in, especially since those two seems to have a history together. It's like when two lovers reunite after a long time, and they're super happy to finally see each other again, then you suddenly go in there, kiss the girl, kick the guy's dick, then violate the girl as he watches in despair, then gut them both and sew their bodies together so at least they're together at the very end." The moron replied as the other 5, still psychopaths in their own rights, look at her with disgust and disappointment. "Regardless, it's probably not a good idea. People hate those who butt in other people's businesses, and from the looks of it, we'd probably last for just a few seconds before being sent blasting off into the stars." The prim and proper one replied, ignoring the imbecile who was still blabbing on about depraved things.

The leader of the group, though it's quite uncertain since they all look identical. slowly nodded. "For once, what you guys said makes sense, except you, you depraved moron. Keep your fucking disgusting fantasies to yourself, though I can still technically vaguely hear them since we all share the same brain, but vaguely is still better than clearly. So, instead of messing this place up, let's mess up that building!" She said as she pointed out the building across the hospital. "There's already some camera crew here, so they wouldn't miss a chance to also check out what we're doing. If you agree say Aye!"

A few moments later, explosions started to be seen and heard from the building across the hospital. It caught quite a few people off guard since, as intense as the fight between Knight and Supernova is, The explosions did happen quite nearby and, if you listen closely, you can hear the voices of women cackling in glee.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Archdemon Archdemon Yumiko Yumiko FireMaiden FireMaiden fin fin Birdsie Birdsie Octo Girl Octo Girl D duegxybus (Just tagging everyone I think is near the hospital)

Last edited:
Codename: Knight
Action: The new Signature move

Nova wasn't letting up his attack, why would he? Knight felt the force of the Star blast punch, they were powerful but Knight could handle them more efficiently with his armor. Nova got lucky that one time he broke free of Knight's mind control, and he got a lucky and near fatal hit on him. This time however, he was prepared for his worst.

The blow was hard hitting and he didn't even let up his assault. Knight However had something Nova didn't know, he had his own special move that if placed in the right situation would probably be more devastating than 5-10 Star Blast punches all at once. All it required was the right moment and an opening.

Soon he got what he needed when Nova finished one of his many punches. Knight had then used Soul-Steal on Nova, draining him of some of his life force and healed himself. Then he used his Psi-Push to send Nova flying into the air. He stood up completely and suddenly his right hand began to glow bright Purple and a Psionic ball was formed. He gathered his power while saying "NULL...." and then he raised his hand quickly towards Nova and fired a pure and powerful Psionic lance-like blast at Nova saying "LANCE!!!!!" If the attack strikes true, Nova should be very much injured.

Last edited:
Brockton Bay Hospital

"The hostages he took, right? What about everyone else left in the hostpital, he couldn't have taken control of everyone, that would be too much," Bailey said. Something faltered in her voice, but it was hard to tell what as the hospital shook. But as a growl left her throat, it was a good guess it was anger. "Those two could knock this place down, we need to be ready if that happens," She stated. Yumiko Yumiko

Doctor Menlo
Powerplant

"R-r-really now? Y-you d-don't say?" he spoke, so fast that he stuttered. He looked her straight in the eyes. "Wow. Th-thanks for p-po-pointing it out. M-maybe your hero name s-should be changed to C-captain Obvious?" Even despite his deep pain, he managed to mutter the comeback in a fitting, sarcastic, malicious tone.

He took the medication from her hand. The first thing he did after that was pop off the bottle cap with his thumb and pour the pills into his mouth greedily. He stopped after a short moment as if realizing that chugging or overdosing on Tinker pills may have bad side effects. Regardless, a third of the bottle was gone.

He measured the pills from the other two bottles carefully, taking no more than three of each. After quote 'medicating himself' unquote, he stood still, frozen, as if waiting for something to happen. When the miracle kicked in, Dr. Menlo's pained expression turned into a dumb smile.

The pain was gone, replaced by a soothing, almost balm-like feeling of floating amongst clouds. His body felt light, weightless practically. It was hard to keep his jaw closed, as it kept slacking open when he didn't pay attention. But he ought to have some control even in this state.

He spun around on the spot, hitting his feet together as he giddily clicked his fingers and danced an excited, frenzied tap dance before resuming a dignified pose and looking at his sidekick. He looked her in the eyes. "Do you feel it, Toxin? That's the healing power! Healing energy! Heal-ectricity!"

Doctor Menlo was back to his old self. He turned in the power plant's direction. "Here I am again, at the power plant. And here I thought lightning never strikes the same place twice." He looked at Toxin. "Let's go in. We have to check the camera recordings." He walked inside.

A funny feature of the sentence was the use of the word 'we,' meaning that he automatically arrogated that she was coming along.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

Cryosis
(Inside Powerline’s house)

5733501_orig.png

What Cryosis was faced with was not the supervillain he was searching for. Instead he had a quivering possibly injured woman who could barely string a sentence together. If she truly didn’t know anything then this would be about right. But the electrical smell of burnt clothes and molten keys suggested otherwise, something more was to be learned here and Kypher was no fool, “My name is Cryosis. I’m looking for the parahuman called Powerline. If you happen to know that person then tell me where they are.” His voice held no malice, joy or anything as usual and his stance was neutral enough to be considered passive. It was as if he were completely off guard before the fearful woman, of whom his dully piercing eyes never left. Cryosis took another step forward and raised a hand nonchalantly forward, palm facing out.

“If you don’t know anything or refuse to tell me, then I’ll have to silence you. For your sake, you should tell me what you know.” Finished with his demands, Cryosis removed the glove on his outstretched hand. Instantly, a malevolent cyan energy began to swirl quickly in his palm, curling around his hand and slightly up his slender wrist. The temperature in the room immediately dropped by another few degrees and any liquids that had been left out would slowly freeze in their containers. It would be unfortunate if Kypher had to kill this woman, but if she turned out to be a victim of the powerplant and went to the PRT, possibly contributing the Powerline’s arrest, then it would only hinder him that much more. Kypher wasn’t sure who else he could use to contact Insider and he really didn’t feel like breaking into the Birdcage anytime soon. Either this woman knew something about Powerline or she was a very unfortunate individual indeed.

Supernova

He could not believe his eyes as he pulled away from Knight. He had resisted all of those attacks in such rapid succession. What the hell? He thought, as his rival just tanked his strongest attack as if it was nothing. He flew up in the sky, but as soon as he heard the word “null”, he turned around frantically and looked at the dark ball of psi-energy that was forming in his hand. He clenched his fists and looked at the sphere. Just like three years ago, huh... He thought, smirking lightly. Then, he inhaled and exhaled sharply.

He gritted his teeth and flew towards the lance that was sent towards him. He clashed against it with his fist and gripped it tightly with both hands, as the point of the lance was inching closer to his face, slipping out of his grip due to its incredible force. His expression turned to one of incredible strain and effort, “GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!” He screamed, flying with all his might towards the lance. There was another sonic boom followed by his mid-air take-off.

Nevertheless, not even his mightiest effort proved enough to resist the lance’s incredible push. He kept pushing, trying to increase his speed so that he'd stop the lance's push, but he couldn't manage to do so. He even tried to snap it in half, but he figured that psi-energy was not a physical object in a conventional way. So, he spun around and, with one last shout of exhaustion, threw the lance at the sky, panting heavily as he slowly descended to the ground, staring into Knight’s hull. “…Let’s call this a draw, shall we?” He said, panting heavily. He has not had a fight this intense in years. Three, to be perfectly precise.

Archdemon Archdemon

Powerline

The woman stared into the boy’s eyes and then took a deep breath, slowly getting on her feet. She darted her eyes around the room, as to check there was nobody else around to watch or listen. She walked over to the window and closed the blinds, turning to face the boy once again.

Well, I guess I have no choice but to reveal myself.” She spoke in a jokingly dramatic tone, laying her hand on her forehead, striking a pose. Then, she straightened her back and looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow. “I am Powerline. You look too psychotic to be one of the PRT’s goons, so what do you want?” She announced, staring into his eyes in a weird way as if she was staring into his soul. However, what she was doing, in reality, was establish who the “one on top” was right now.

Kloudy Kloudy

41ba99ae5fca6582ed29a7f6b4e74990.png
Raph looked up at May with wary eyes at her question, nodding slowly as he hauled himself off of the floor. In spite of the exhaustion he still faced, paired with his superhuman stamina and basic level healing, even with the oxygen mask, Raph had finally enough energy to stand up onto both feet. He dropped the oxygen mark, quick on his feet again as pieces of concrete rock from the building's rock flew apart, aimed for Bailey and May. He tossed them aside before returning to his stance beside both woman, panting as his hands sat placed on both knees. "That's true, I doubt Knight could control every person in the building while fighting Supernova, even with his abilities. We should evacuate the other floors, both above and below, this building is going down, and if we don't hurry fast enough, everyone else in it." Raph didn't wait for much of a response from the other two, he was an experienced hero even with his young age, and new much of the ropes.

"Yo, Mat, could you send me the -- coordinates to all the weaker points in the building? I'm on it." After a small moment of wait, Zoom's yellow transparent visor glowed bright yellow as the Heads Up Display in the system pointed a gps location to all the wary pressure points, as well as small image of Mateo in the corner, typing away on the main keyboard at Zoom base. "The northwest section of the hospital is going down in t minus eight minutes, you have to get there first." Raph turned his eyes to the girls, "Northwest sector. I can't run at my usual speed so I'll tag along with you guys while Mat gives me coordinates from base."

Interactions: Yumiko Yumiko FireMaiden FireMaiden

Darian stared at the large machine in front of him. As he stared electricity began to crackle as black lightning condensed around his hand. He lifted his palm and fired a beam of black lightning towards the machine. The beam collided with the machine and sparks flew through the air as the machine was completely destroyed. At the same time, alarms began blaring. "Shit, they must've found the guards." Darian returned to lightning form and began to leave, but before he did he fired a small bolt of lightning into the socket, linking it and him. Electricity began to be sapped through the socket, as things in the building began to run out of power. After a few seconds the entire building was in a blackout. Darian entered the socket and traveled through the wires as he made his way towards the Underground Palace's HQ. He exited through a socket. Turning to a door at the end of the hallway, Darian walked up to it and knocked. A few seconds later the door opened. Darian entered and took a seat and began to speak, "It's done, that Jarred Golmin fellow is dead and his prototype destroyed." The man sitting across from him reached into the drawer. He pulled his hand back up and held an envelope in his hand. He slid it across the table to Darian, and spoke in a deep voice "Good. The agreed upon amount of $7,500 is in the envelope. We'll have someone contact you when someone has another job that requires your handling." Darian shook hands with the man and left the room. He traveled through the socket he entered from and returned to his house where he removed his mask and cloak. He hid them in his usual spot and sat down in front of the t.v. and began to watch news regarding the Knight situation.

nadine-jpg.380167

Elina Springfield
Impulse
Street ==> Building Rooftop - Near Poweline's House
The pair traveled through the city air for a while, Elina moving both of them while Blackout pointing the direction. At one point, they passed over Hearth Cafe. She was tempted to stop by. Maybe to grab a piece of cake or a thermos of coffee. Her emergency pair of Urban Jungle Boots and Gloves were there as well. Lending them to Blackout would be really helpful. Even so, at the end she passed through the cafe without making a stop. On one hand, Blackout wouldn't agree to make another delay.

On another hand, she didn't want anyone from PTR to meet Alpha.

Alpha had a dodgy past as best, and a criminal activities littered one if she knew any better. She had met him on campus, working as a janitor. She still wasn't sure how he got hired either. They ended up talking over dinner after he helped her get out of a locked restroom... she didn't want to think of it. Their age weren't that far, even if their financial status was like the cloud and earth, so finding that they were interested in each other, they kept in contact.

Elina snapped out of her reminicense as Blackout gave her a powerful tug to stop. Acting to the signal, Elina propelled herself against a building's wall onto a rooftop. She almost landed on her hand, but a pulse from her palm gave her a chance to land properly on her feet.

BLACKOUT
Near Powerline's House

This was it. He was positive of it.

The EM readings from this house were off the chart - most likely from the ambient electrical powers of Powerline. However, something didn't seem right to him. Nothing ever did. He had been vat grown to and purposefully conditioned to expect everything, and this situation wasn't any different. Steve is the sort of person that always expects a meteor to land, so that he can be ready and prepared if a meteor does strike. Utilising the other functions of his Eye, he saw some odd things. Firstly, he checked his X-Ray vision - with that, he saw another person in the building with Powerline. Secondly, with his thermal vision, he saw that the other person was slightly colder than the average person. Odd. Or, now that he thinks about it, perhaps not so. He knew that Powerline had associates, so perhaps this was one?

Without dropping Elina's invisibility, he came out of hiding to speak to his commander. "Sir", he whispered incredibly lightly, "I have found the target, but there is another. I recognise this one - Cryosis." After a brief pause, he nodded and turned to where the head of the invisible Elina would roughly be. "Situation hasn't changed - we still are not to engage." With that, he fell back into his own stealth and began to observe. Now that the PRT had their location, it wouldn't be long until a strike force arrived. At least, it shouldn't be.

Damafaud Damafaud Birdsie Birdsie (for the strike teams and stuff)

Codename: Knight
Action: Leaving with a Draw

Knight looked as Nova deflected his Null Lance, though with great difficulty. Knight However was drained, the toll of the battle began to set in. Knight looked at Nova as he suggested a draw, he was still worthy after all. Knight only chuckled, and nodded to his simple request.

"Very Well, you've proven once again to be worthy. I shall heed your request, but keep in mind that this isn't the end. I will be back, and I will show you the extent of my power. I will leave and my hostages will be free of my control, once I am safely away of course. Goodbye for now."

Knight then activated his jetpack and flew away, until he was gone from the city. Soon afterwards the hostages within the hospital regained control of themselves. They were confused and scared about what happened, they had no memory of being controlled but some remember seeing Knight inside the hospital.

((Knight has left to return another day, he won't be back for awhile))

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Birdsie Birdsie BackSet BackSet CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse fin fin Yumiko Yumiko FireMaiden FireMaiden

41ba99ae5fca6582ed29a7f6b4e74990.png
Mateo groaned over the comms as Supernova and Knight announced the draw, "I was so looking forward to a longer fight..! Anyways, the authorities are most likely gonna be there anyways since the parahuman threat is gone and the building's occupants have control of their own bodies. You should get back here." Raph nodded at Mateo's image in the corner of the visor, "Could you send down Roy and the limo over here?" Mateo nodded, "on it," as he left the computer's moving chair to alert the chauffeur of Raphael's whereabouts. Zoom turned back to Bailey and May. "That changes a lot," Zoom sighed, "I've got a ride coming down if any of you wish to join. It's most likely gonna be crowded in here very soon anyways, response units don't often delay."

Interactions: Yumiko Yumiko FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mentions: Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Cryosis
(Inside Powerline’s house)

5733501_orig.png

It seemed Cryosis had been right to suspect her, for the response he got was more than what he had expected. He lowered his arm, the light blue energy dematerialising, and replaced the glove, slipping it quickly over his fingers. He didn’t look any happier or relieved, but his frown did lift slightly, “I am not affiliated with any person or organisation. However, I need you to find someone else.” The irony of it was not lost on Cryosis. He had been looking for Powerline in order to look for Insider so that he could look for whoever it was that had made him the way he was. Part of him wondered if this was just an endless cycle of searching, if there was really a light to the end of this tunnel. Well, it was too late to stop now. Or all the blood he had shed this far would have been in vain.

“I wish to get in contact with Insider. I know you have some kind of connection with him. I... need that person, so believe me when I say that I am not your enemy.” It was as genuine an explanation as he could muster, even if nothing about his face or voice changed from its stony cold way. Talking really was not Cryosis’ forte, his skills largely involved fighting and freezing people. And cooking. Nonetheless, he was certain he had conveyed his intentions honestly, at least enough so as to garner some trust. Cryosis was only bothering with going the ‘diplomatic’ route because trying to fight his way to Insider was an impossible task and even he was smart enough to realise that. Powerline was his line directly to whoever Insider was, which meant he’d have to protect her from PRT and anyone else who was out for her blood until she gave him what he wanted. Despite having this thought, Cryosis, understandly due to the power involved, failed to notice the pair perched not too far a distance from the house. Already someone had caught up to Powerline, and it would be a matter of time before the PRT squads started pouring in.

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Damafaud Damafaud Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Toxin rolled her eyes and sighed as he expected her to go with him. "Beats shining everything in the base." She said sarcastically joking. In full honesty, she felt like blowing the place up would fix things... But she wasn't going to suggest it as it was biased on her part.

(sorry, this is all I could do at the current moment. On a 10 minute break from working.)

Birdsie Birdsie

Brockton Bay Hospital

The fight was over quickly and other than making sure the hostages went back inside, thier usefulness was pretty much gone. "Nah, I'll get a ride, catch you guys later," Bailey muttered, running a a hand through her hair as she started to make her way to the ground floor whole texting someone who could come get her.
Tyr
them
How am I supposed to know?
me
I don't know, it seemed like your area of expertise.
me
Hey, can you come get me from the hostpital?
Slipping her phone back in her pocket, Bailey waited for Tyr's answer. She hated calling him Tyson, Tyr was a lot cooler. Anyway, as she walked through the hospital, she was occsonally stopped, and asked to help with something. Helping to move equipment that the battle shifted, or some else like that until she made it out. Bailey felt bad for these people, but she was relived that nobody was to seriously hurt. But she had to wonder, why would knight cut the battle short? Wouldn't he want to have his revenge? Or at least, draw the fight out longer enough to cause more damage than what they did. Reguardless, she now had to think about what to make for dinner. Because her roommate never cooked. fin fin Yumiko Yumiko Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back