Experiences Cringiest OC/Roleplay Experiences?

CrowOuttaHell

Skull-Faced Writer
If you've been seeing me around often in the vast amount of discussion forums and threads here on RPN, you would probably know that I am a sucker for cringe. Be it OCs, fanfiction, original stories, or roleplays, I will eat it up and die if it is cringey. It's like willfully ingesting poison because it hurts so bad that it's good.

So, I wanna ask everyone here- do you have any experiences with RPs or OCs that made you cringe to hell and back? I've certainly got a few under my belt from old RP sites.

- Context: RP was based on a local, surreal horror story where I live where someone steals memories from people using high-tech, VR machines. New player joined as an orphaned girl who somehow had a very expensive VR console and ripped off almost every single character in our group. My character murdered his father? Boom, she murdered her caretaker at the ripe age of six. My friend's character took the identity of her twin sister who was murdered? Boom! She has a twin sister too but their caretaker murdered her, oh noez!!1!1!! I really wanted to have mercy on this player since they were new, but...god, I just couldn't with that character.

- My old underclassman and his comics. His main OC was a half-demon half-human who "accidentally became the harbinger of death", has a little sister who he treats like his daughter but she's totally in love with him, and used two scythes. TWO SCYTHES. This was before the release of Blackflame Friede in Dark Souls 3 too!

- Same underclassman. I asked my old friends to help me out with creating characters for a VR game story I was planning. He submitted almost the exact same character but ripped off Kirito as well. "Beta tester" backstory and everything. His character was also only 17.

- I knew a player on an old RPing site that, for lack of a better term, would suck up to GMs. All their characters always had to have some sort of connection with the GM's characters, without GM's consent. I should know, because they've done that to me. I had half-breed characters, of which two already had romantic feelings for one another. Enter the player with their neko characters and chain katana (I'm not kidding. A katana that worked like a chainsaw.) as they spent 90% of the RP trying to hit on my characters.

- One of my best friends in high school made a self-insert named Eiji Blanco Smith with yet another damned chain katana. He was pretty much writing fanfiction of our daily lives except me and the two other guys who were his friends were NOT there. His story had a maid who didn't want to serve, so she built a time machine and travelled back in time only to end up serving under Eiji Smith anyway, he replaced his IRL little sister with a typical anime tsundere little sister and fought a "demon" who randomly interrupted our mandatory military training session just to fight Eiji Smith.

I could go on for decades, but I really wanna hear from this community. What about you guys? Have any encounters like that in RPs?

Ooff I have a good one, I review submitted OCs on a different website so I've seen quite a few weird Ocs. The one that sticks out most to me for weirdness was the OC submitted by a friend of a friend. This OC was a stick figure in a video game that my friend's friend had made up and the OC had an unnamed co-star in the game as well. The stick figure had near god-like powers with the ability to make weapons (And other stick figures?) with his mind and had a Shadow the Hedgehog complex the size of east Texas. However, this wasn't the weirdest part of this character; one day Darth freaking Vader himself moseyed on into his universe and killed his nameless costar for no apparent reason. Naturally, the OC was rather pissed about this and vowed revenge saying something along the lines of nobody will ever be allowed to travel to other worlds again because I'm going to destroy them all! (Mind you I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be a hero)
With the help of the main character from the video game Rage he created an army of stick men that would make any war general jealous and destroyed the universe of: Mario, Sonic, My Little Poney, and Star Wars; simply because the characters in those universes apparently traveled the multiverse a lot and once they were gone the other universes would soon follow.

Ooff I have a good one, I review submitted OCs on a different website so I've seen quite a few weird Ocs. The one that sticks out most to me for weirdness was the OC submitted by a friend of a friend. This OC was a stick figure in a video game that my friend's friend had made up and the OC had an unnamed co-star in the game as well. The stick figure had near god-like powers with the ability to make weapons (And other stick figures?) with his mind and had a Shadow the Hedgehog complex the size of east Texas. However, this wasn't the weirdest part of this character; one day Darth freaking Vader himself moseyed on into his universe and killed his nameless costar for no apparent reason. Naturally, the OC was rather pissed about this and vowed revenge saying something along the lines of nobody will ever be allowed to travel to other worlds again because I'm going to destroy them all! (Mind you I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be a hero)
With the help of the main character from the video game Rage he created an army of stick men that would make any war general jealous and destroyed the universe of: Mario, Sonic, My Little Poney, and Star Wars; simply because the characters in those universes apparently traveled the multiverse a lot and once they were gone the other universes would soon follow.

Ah, the good days of stickman OCs. I remember I had cringey OCs for Sift Heads. A robot, a demon and an assassin. None of which existed in the Sift Heads universe except for assassins. Good times.

My first ever oc was for the MLP fandom a little bit after I got sucked into roleplaying on the forums of a Minecraft server for bronies. He was a pegasus that was posessed by a Windigo (ice spirits from the show that feed on hate) and was super shy. But not really. I'm seven times as extroverted on the Internet as I am IRL, so I never could accurately portray him.

And then Frozen dropped a few months later, and the comparisons made between him and Elsa, combined with being sucker-punched by the development of self-awareness, caused me to scrap the character and make a new one.

When I was a weeb edgelord, a lot of my OCs were based on Sephiroth. Including the bigass katana. It makes me cringe now, but these were fun times.

And I also remember some roleplay where there was an angel with four wings that evolved and added two more during a battle. Or maybe it became eight wings... But you get the idea. Wings! Wings everywhere! It was not the only character with wings too. While the battle was in a narrow passage in a dungeon. I'm not sure how all those wings didn't get the characters stuck.

Villains that kill people just because they're villains (insert maniac laughter).

Oh, and my favourite, fluffy romance with Voldemort (or pretty much any other similar villain).

When I was a weeb edgelord, a lot of my OCs were based on Sephiroth. Including the bigass katana. It makes me cringe now, but these were fun times.

And I also remember some roleplay where there was an angel with four wings that evolved and added two more during a battle. Or maybe it became eight wings... But you get the idea. Wings! Wings everywhere! It was not the only character with wings too. While the battle was in a narrow passage in a dungeon. I'm not sure how all those wings didn't get the characters stuck.

Villains that kill people just because they're villains (insert maniac laughter).

Oh, and my favourite, fluffy romance with Voldemort (or pretty much any other similar villain).

You had me at fluffy romance with Voldemort. I almost want to hear context because I cannot, for the life of me, imagine Voldemort being fluffy.

You had me at fluffy romance with Voldemort. I almost want to hear context because I cannot, for the life of me, imagine Voldemort being fluffy.
To finish you off, there were even a few fanfics based on that rp. Which were probably even more fluffy...
Unfortunately, both rp and fanfics were lost in time but I can clearly remember a scene where Voldemort was dancing with OC (who was a Death Eater!) during his birthday party (or some other party, I don't remember the context). With other Death Eaters around, naturally. And uhh another scene I remember was Voldemort kissing OC after the Death Eaters lost to good guys... Basically the typical trope about 'kiss in case you die'.
It was really... long ago. That Voldemort was probably the fluffiest villain I ever rped. please don't judge I was young.

Unfortunately, I did also do this. I had Voldemort have a daughter that he raised, and their relationship was REALLY cutesy, like she kept hugging him all the time and they baked cakes together and stuff. He even called her princess.

Roleplay wouldn't be roleplay if there wasn't some cringe involved, none of this is my own though. This one guy way back when had his open roleplay where he was playing Broly. His opening post was just..... basically Broly was standing on a mountain looking at the sunset with a tear streaming down his cheek. He was very lonely and wanted companionship. That was all nothing else to follow it up.

There was also a time when someone made Sephiroth a father to a kid Cloud whose mother was Tifa. They actually made Sephiroth a doting father teaching Cloud the facts of life and a wonderful husband to Tifa....

I was involved in a Naruto RP years ago, on a different website. I had never watched Naruto in my life, had absolutely minimal knowledge of abilities/elemental releases based on a wikia.

I made an OC who wielded something called “cosmic jutsu” and wielded one of those absurdly large (but tbh awesome) anime swords.

I also used to have a penchant for making OCs that had long silver (occasionally black) hair, were overpowered swordsmen, and generally were either some form of angel or demon. Basically, wannabe Sesshomaru/Sephiroth OCs.

Unfortunately, I did also do this. I had Voldemort have a daughter that he raised, and their relationship was REALLY cutesy, like she kept hugging him all the time and they baked cakes together and stuff. He even called her princess.

And now you guys got me imagining what a Death Eater cake would be. Especially one made by Voldemort.

I mean, when I was young I kind of admired villains since they were usually cooler than the protagonist, but...wow.

This one guy way back when had his open roleplay where he was playing Broly. His opening post was just..... basically Broly was standing on a mountain looking at the sunset with a tear streaming down his cheek. He was very lonely and wanted companionship. That was all nothing else to follow it up.

Granted I never got that into DBZ (my brothers loved it though) but the last few things I remember about Broly was that he screams nothing but "KAKAROT" and almost broke kid Trunks's back over his head. Was this some sort of weird, DBZ romance RP or...?

I also used to have a penchant for making OCs that had long silver (occasionally black) hair, were overpowered swordsmen, and generally were either some form of angel or demon. Basically, wannabe Sesshomaru/Sephiroth OCs.

Hell yeah, absurdly large anime swords are great. Maybe not realistic, but great.

At least you haven't traversed the forbidden line of "half-angel half-demon" OCs, with the typical set up of one angel wing and one bat wing?

Hell yeah, absurdly large anime swords are great. Maybe not realistic, but great.

At least you haven't traversed the forbidden line of "half-angel half-demon" OCs, with the typical set up of one angel wing and one bat wing?
0_0

Now that you mention it....

Someone got me out of retirement for an interesting concept where we were going to play multiple characters, each. After agreeing to an intergenerational interaction, they kept pushing my character older. I was thinking 40... but they kept pushing it older in OOC after we started with some other characters. I agreed to 50, but then 60 was pushing it. By the time they ghosted me, I was kinda relieved because it was getting creepy.

super ooc characters that act super uwu and soft just because thats how the rper sees them.

if youre playing an evil villain character dont make him all soft and babyish, woobifying makes me grimace a lot

it's happened to me before where my chara was trying to argue with their (canonically rude and abrasive) character and they made him all weepy and stuff instead of even snarking back and i was like, ok... yeah i guess you can do that but that doesn't mean you should...

also ocs who hate everyone else and kill them but everyone else must love them... give your oc a reason why someone should like them instead of just 'i'm a douche and everyone loves me because i am a douche'

A couple of years back, I was part of this roleplay about superheroes fighting in World War 2. It was all pretty fun until GM revealed that not only was his character directly responsible for the Nanjing massacre, but that said massacre had only been done to prevent the Chinese from releasing some kind of gas that'd turn all the poor, innocent Japanese soldiers into zombies.

There was also a time when someone made Sephiroth a father to a kid Cloud whose mother was Tifa. They actually made Sephiroth a doting father teaching Cloud the facts of life and a wonderful husband to Tifa....
Good grief.

One time, I roleplayed a college slice-of-life type deal, and another roleplayer was soo fast in the narration. In the same post, I could remember at one point the character was at his own house (wherever that was) loathing about a boring life, and then he is instantly at my character's doorstep reminding her about an exam the next day, and then he went to the mountains to hike. All in the same post. I didn't know where to start.

And then another time the same roleplayer entered my character's dorm (apparently having her key somehow) while she's sleeping, "woke her up," and then started pouring out his love at random. Everything was soo fast and soo confusing.

I would talk about how I used to play as my user name, or the infamous SAO/ Fallout RP, but it seems my worst RP experience was a little more serious (copy-pasting for simplicity's sake)

"Probably that time I encountered this nice sci fi RP about aliens infiltrating Earth and assimilating into the government. I was feeling some stuff, and decided to let it out in the form of this character who supported the aliens and was whisked off to their home planet to join the fight. So, one other person besides me and OP joins in and we begin discussing how the early plot is gonna go down. Then the other two start discussing sexy stuff. I'm all like "Okay, hold on, this is getting a little wild, don't you think?". And then OP defends his case by linking me to an 18+ RP site. Blissfully ignoring the fact that I state right on my profile that I am underage. So, anyways, we talk a little more about things, both sexy stuff and not, and then RPN deletes the original thread, for what should now be obvious reasons. So, we start talking about actual stuff pertaining to the RP... For all of one day, at least. Then it's back to discussing how the alien biology could allow my character to copulate with the aliens. Eventually someone got tired of the RP and left, and that was my signal to get the hell outta there.

Remember kids, at least check to see if the guy you're talking to is of age before talking about stuff like this".

I once pitched a concept for a romance RP between two martial artists. Pretty stock standard stuff, but I didn't really get too many replies that went anywhere. One I remember vividly though because of how disturbing it was. The other person, whose name I forget, wanted to pitch their own unique martial art for their character to set them apart from the Karate and Judo mooks we'd be fighting throughout the story. I said sure, assuming they were going to come up with some sort of mixture of MMA and lore to create a specialized discipline. I was younger and more naive then. When they had completed the character sheet for the supposed complement for my character it contained one of the most disgusting and nonsensical interpretations of a fighting style I have ever encountered.

Their character would, according to them, dislocate their shoulders and then swing their arms about in some perverse mockery of boxing. Beyond the initial disgust this triggered in me it also confused me as it represented a complete lack of knowledge and interest in the RP, which was billed as a realistic, modern romance RP. Yet, here was this thing that seemed to disregard both the nature of martial arts and the realistic setting of the RP. Needless to say that romance never really took off.

When I was 13, my OC was a sorcerer and he pulled ridiculous bullshit all the goddamn time and often they were about super edgy themes:

>Creating an illusion for a sentient wolf that made like a nightmare world where killing my OC would end in his owner forsaking him.
>Faking his own death and then summoning a ghost that would instruct his allies to revive him by creating an ice sculpture of him which would get animated and remote controlled by him for a while
>Literally had a Katana made of a physical incarnation of pain (he also had an illusion spell to keep it invisible around him)
>He often used a trick where he made a mirror image of himself while turning his body (or just parts of it) invisible, essentially being able to pull "that hit didn't count!" on any occassion I needed
>He also frequently made others believe their friends/loved ones died just because he thought it was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back