Experiences Cringiest OC/Roleplay Experiences?

- One of my first roleplays on some RP site, the user told me that there could be absolutely no conflict and that they craved a furry RP. I was too nice back then... I agreed, and they then stated how their alien furry could not be in conflict whatsoever. Their character was a reptilian I believe, and the reptilian was depicted rather sexually. It disturbed my wee self because I had never seen someone make an inverted belly button and burping sexual. I went along with it for a bit until their 20-30 story tall alien reptile popped up in the middle of NY city, right by a FBI field office. I mentioned how unrealistic it would be if their character didn't see any retaliation or conflict... they did not like that.

That was by far the most cringe-worthy RP I can think of. I am sure I have been a part of cringe worthy experiences and characters myself (if I have, I am so very sorry).
"No conflict."

Do they not no what drives a story? Do they hot know what drives a story!? My writer soul has been bruised so hard by this!

This isn't one experience, more like a bunch about the same people, but still-
I remember in my really early days there were these two people on one kid's forum that had a RP section. One girl, one boy.

So they would join group roleplays, with the same characters each time. The girl's character was I think called Savannah? Something with an S? And her personality was big boobs. Not kidding. Like the character would be complaining constantly that her huge bazonkadoos kept getting in the way of her practical life. Keep in mind.. this was like, a children's forum. The dude, I don't really remember what his character was like because it was very generic.

They'd join group roleplays and then just like.. play out the same scenario? Slightly tweaked for whatever the roleplay was? No matter what the roleplay was, they would always basically only talk to eachother, Savannah would talk about her breasts, they'd start dating, and there would ALWAYS be a really specific situation where they'd have to share a bed. Like, summer camp rp? Looks like we share a cabin and there's OnlY ONe Bed. Boarding school rp? LooKs Like We ShaRe a RooM and TherES OnlyY ONe bEd. Anything that didn't involve assigned rooms? There's a contrived reason that means Savannah has to stay in the dudes house, and there's Only ONe Be- you get the idea. People would try to have other OCs interact with them, but they were completely disinterested, and they would just kind of do their own thing in the same thread whilst other people were trying to like, y'know.. advance the story.. To this day, I don't know why they bothered joining group roleplays when clearly they should've just done a 1x1, and given the blandness of the dude's character, I kind of suspect that they were both the same person, who just really liked doing this scenario even though no one else was willing.

- One of my first roleplays on some RP site, the user told me that there could be absolutely no conflict and that they craved a furry RP. I was too nice back then... I agreed, and they then stated how their alien furry could not be in conflict whatsoever. Their character was a reptilian I believe, and the reptilian was depicted rather sexually. It disturbed my wee self because I had never seen someone make an inverted belly button and burping sexual. I went along with it for a bit until their 20-30 story tall alien reptile popped up in the middle of NY city, right by a FBI field office. I mentioned how unrealistic it would be if their character didn't see any retaliation or conflict... they did not like that.

That was by far the most cringe-worthy RP I can think of. I am sure I have been a part of cringe worthy experiences and characters myself (if I have, I am so very sorry).
o h
n o

So one of my experiences was back when I rp'd on YouTube was for a YouTube lets play for the Great War mod for Napoleon Total War. So it was 1918 and the commentator took over Western and Central Europe and in the comments we rp'd in areas that were outside of the map like North America, Asia, The Pacific, and Africa. It was fun but there were some knuckleheads who created weird exposition

For example we were at war with the U.S and somehow this guy infiltrated the U.S, and reestablished the Confederate States a day after war on the U.S was declared. Like
??????????????

Another instance was where someone thought we controlled all of Latin America because we took over Portugal and Spain. Even though Latin American independence was literally hundreds of years before the setting of the rp

And then we somehow had jet fighters IN 1918

Oh and we somehow killed Woodrow Wilson. The YouTuber had to step in and fix everything

There was other stuff but these were the highlights

What were they trying to do with having an alien furry show up at an FBI field office? That's like, just baiting you right into creating conflict! What were they hoping for, some hot FBI agent would show up and screw 'em?

This isn't one experience, more like a bunch about the same people, but still-
I remember in my really early days there were these two people on one kid's forum that had a RP section. One girl, one boy.

So they would join group roleplays, with the same characters each time. The girl's character was I think called Savannah? Something with an S? And her personality was big boobs. Not kidding. Like the character would be complaining constantly that her huge bazonkadoos kept getting in the way of her practical life. Keep in mind.. this was like, a children's forum. The dude, I don't really remember what his character was like because it was very generic.

They'd join group roleplays and then just like.. play out the same scenario? Slightly tweaked for whatever the roleplay was? No matter what the roleplay was, they would always basically only talk to eachother, Savannah would talk about her breasts, they'd start dating, and there would ALWAYS be a really specific situation where they'd have to share a bed. Like, summer camp rp? Looks like we share a cabin and there's OnlY ONe Bed. Boarding school rp? LooKs Like We ShaRe a RooM and TherES OnlyY ONe bEd. Anything that didn't involve assigned rooms? There's a contrived reason that means Savannah has to stay in the dudes house, and there's Only ONe Be- you get the idea. People would try to have other OCs interact with them, but they were completely disinterested, and they would just kind of do their own thing in the same thread whilst other people were trying to like, y'know.. advance the story.. To this day, I don't know why they bothered joining group roleplays when clearly they should've just done a 1x1, and given the blandness of the dude's character, I kind of suspect that they were both the same person, who just really liked doing this scenario even though no one else was willing.

So one of my experiences was back when I rp'd on YouTube was for a YouTube lets play for the Great War mod for Napoleon Total War. So it was 1918 and the commentator took over Western and Central Europe and in the comments we rp'd in areas that were outside of the map like North America, Asia, The Pacific, and Africa. It was fun but there were some knuckleheads who created weird exposition

For example we were at war with the U.S and somehow this guy infiltrated the U.S, and reestablished the Confederate States a day after war on the U.S was declared. Like
??????????????

Another instance was where someone thought we controlled all of Latin America because we took over Portugal and Spain. Even though Latin American independence was literally hundreds of years before the setting of the rp

And then we somehow had jet fighters IN 1918

Oh and we somehow killed Woodrow Wilson. The YouTuber had to step in and fix everything

There was other stuff but these were the highlights

I never actually figured out how Youtube RPs worked, and never usually picked up any advice on how to understand them other than "stay away from Youtube RPs."

...but then you guys killed Woodrow Wilson. XD

I never actually figured out how Youtube RPs worked, and never usually picked up any advice on how to understand them other than "stay away from Youtube RPs."

...but then you guys killed Woodrow Wilson. XD

Yeah dude just please stay away from them

this one is nowhere near as bad as what some of you have dealt with, but i honestly just find this one really funny when i look back on it.
so this was back when i was super awful at roleplaying - i joined this really fast-paced thread that basically got a bunch of posts every hour [outside of when people should be sleeping.] the thread owner started messaging me, and asked me something along the lines of "[my character's name], do you want to be my girlfriend?" [he spoke oocly as if we were our characters, which was a bit weird] i ended up saying yes, and that was that.

our characters got together really fast due to the speed of the thread, but it kinda fell apart the next day. the thread was extremely inactive while i was at school, and i'll just let you know about the shenanigans his character got up to while i was gone;
a: he went missing
b: he met a girl while he was missing
c: he gave up on going home, despite it only being an hour, and cheated on my character with that girl.
d: girl gets pretty much instantly pregnant [like, noticeably so]
e: they find their way back home to where our characters were living
f: his character ends up making a public announcement to everyone that he cheated on my character and got someone pregnant, basically dumps the girl and asks for the forgiveness of my character in front of everyone. [including the girl he just dumped]

this is what i come home from school to see. just this chaotic plot that i had no knowledge of. i had no idea how to respond, or even how to process what happened, and i believe my character ended up forgiving him? i didn't cause conflict because i just had no idea what to even say. everyone else was mad at him though. no major conflict came from this, mostly because we couldn't post anymore.

the thread was shut down by the owner soon after this plot point [maybe 4 hours after?] because it "wasn't popular enough" despite it having multiple posts every hour. he didn't warn anyone either, just made a post saying he was shutting it down, locked the thread, and that was the last i ever saw of him.

this one is nowhere near as bad as what some of you have dealt with, but i honestly just find this one really funny when i look back on it.
so this was back when i was super awful at roleplaying - i joined this really fast-paced thread that basically got a bunch of posts every hour [outside of when people should be sleeping.] the thread owner started messaging me, and asked me something along the lines of "[my character's name], do you want to be my girlfriend?" [he spoke oocly as if we were our characters, which was a bit weird] i ended up saying yes, and that was that.

our characters got together really fast due to the speed of the thread, but it kinda fell apart the next day. the thread was extremely inactive while i was at school, and i'll just let you know about the shenanigans his character got up to while i was gone;
a: he went missing
b: he met a girl while he was missing
c: he gave up on going home, despite it only being an hour, and cheated on my character with that girl.
d: girl gets pretty much instantly pregnant [like, noticeably so]
e: they find their way back home to where our characters were living
f: his character ends up making a public announcement to everyone that he cheated on my character and got someone pregnant, basically dumps the girl and asks for the forgiveness of my character in front of everyone. [including the girl he just dumped]

this is what i come home from school to see. just this chaotic plot that i had no knowledge of. i had no idea how to respond, or even how to process what happened, and i believe my character ended up forgiving him? i didn't cause conflict because i just had no idea what to even say. everyone else was mad at him though. no major conflict came from this, mostly because we couldn't post anymore.

the thread was shut down by the owner soon after this plot point [maybe 4 hours after?] because it "wasn't popular enough" despite it having multiple posts every hour. he didn't warn anyone either, just made a post saying he was shutting it down, locked the thread, and that was the last i ever saw of him.

Sounds rough. I've been in a few fast-paced RPs myself both here and on different sites and it's always pretty bad whenever someone advances the plot too fast without considering other players- especially when the player's characters are heavily involved in the plot!

Nail in the coffin for me on this one though is the fact that he just locked it up. That was a twist I certainly didn't expect. XD

This goes years back. Three or even five I believe, my first roleplay ever.

1. Code Lyoko roleplay - golden cartoon, I still love it with my whole heart. The whole plot revolved around that one girl, the ultimate fairy, witch, Lyoko warrior, Jeff the Killer, queen of the underworld - and it all was a self insert. You know the type. She paired her character with Odd Della Robbia, one of the canons. He's in middle school in the series. They wrote disgusting erotic scenes all the time. Later on she made a blog and started publishing her fanfiction featuring Odd and her wonderful self insert. In Chapter 2, they had detention in the library, frick-fracked next to their sleeping P.E teacher and then wiped themselves in his tracksuit. I hope I don't get banned.
  2. My friend gathered four girls, including me, to write Miraculous Ladybug RP, with OCs, mainly revolving around romance and overall relations between said OCs. Back then I was a little clown and a bit of a troll. I named my character after a classic literature character and just rolled with it. He evolved and I still use him, he has a proper backstory, proper personality and lives a decent OC life.
    Basically, me and my friend had two male OCs, the other two - female OCs. They where as bad as you can expect them to be. I don't judge now - it was light years ago and I was the cringiest, edgiest egdelord I could ever be back then. I don't remember much from that now, I might just do some digging but - JESUS CHRIST - I hate myself. How Mary Sue-ish it all was, a total mess. To somehow wrap it up - two guys are together in the end and it's a fair deal.

I once had a Tower Prep OC that was a #badboi loner nicknamed Ghost because his power was invisibility and phase through solid objects. He had potential, I guess but I was young and relied too heavily on tropes. Not to mention my writing was a generic mess as well. And then there was this one roleplayer trying to force a Belligerent Sexual Tension ship that was very one-sided and awkward.

This one wasn't for an RP, but when I was 13, I also made a Titanic OC (not so coincidentally the same age as me at the time) for a fanfic that was immediately discontinued before it even left my notebook. She had a ridiculous made-up name that I can't even repeat due to the embarrassment. It was supposed to allude to her psychical traits (blue eyes/pale skin) but made absolutely no sense because the part referring to her skin wasn't even the right word but I digress. She was, of course, an orphan who Jack found on the streets selling stolen apples. I vaguely remember the generic scene I wrote of some random dude basically going "I don't want your rotten ass apples you little raggamuffin" lol

I created a character when I was like 14, on Iwaku. His name was Shunji Maruyama. I thought he was amazing and so did everyone else.

He basically was clinically insane and had loads of mental illnesses, the only one I remember was schizophrenia. His parents didn’t know how to deal with his outbursts and locked him in a dog kennel until he stopped, till eventually they kept him in there all the time. With the dog. When he was old enough he broke down, killed the dog, opened the kennel and killed his parents. He was found by a patrolling policeman in the dead of night, walking down the sidewalk, dead dog in his arms.

He went to an insane asylum and was in a strait jacket and chained to a chair. Suuuuper dangerous. Even bit off a nurse’s finger when she was feeding him.

Now that I look back at it 5 years later, I realize how edgy my character was, and I cringe every time I go and look at his bio on the website I posted him on.

The funny thing is? The whole community ate that shit UP. I think it was the most liked character at one point too.

They thought he was so cool, but now I am glad I only used him once.

there's so many, but here's a FAVORITE of mine. SEVERAL years ago, someone asked me to join their group rp. now, something to know about young teenage me is that i was an absolute pushover. i couldn't say no, ever, so i joined this rp against my better judgment. one of the rules on this thread was 'no lgbt characters (because i'm christian, but i don't care if you as a PERSON are lgbt)' which... y'know it was her roleplay and she could ultimately do whatever she wanted to within site rules, that was just super uncomfortable for me as i AM a ""lgbt"". but HERE'S the kicker: that part is just setting the scene, that wasn't even the major cringe!!! this girl/woman (it was against site rules to share your age so idk WHICH she was) proceeded to watch every single interaction between same-sex characters like a hawk. if she thought they were getting too close, which could literally just mean a long hug after not seeing each other for a while, she would tell you to knock it off with that gay shit. my favorite time was when two girls were being affectionate with each other, she told them to stop, and one of the rpers just said "...they're SISTERS."

needless to say, i didn't last a week in that rp!!

there's so many, but here's a FAVORITE of mine. SEVERAL years ago, someone asked me to join their group rp. now, something to know about young teenage me is that i was an absolute pushover. i couldn't say no, ever, so i joined this rp against my better judgment. one of the rules on this thread was 'no lgbt characters (because i'm christian, but i don't care if you as a PERSON are lgbt)' which... y'know it was her roleplay and she could ultimately do whatever she wanted to within site rules, that was just super uncomfortable for me as i AM a ""lgbt"". but HERE'S the kicker: that part is just setting the scene, that wasn't even the major cringe!!! this girl/woman (it was against site rules to share your age so idk WHICH she was) proceeded to watch every single interaction between same-sex characters like a hawk. if she thought they were getting too close, which could literally just mean a long hug after not seeing each other for a while, she would tell you to knock it off with that gay shit. my favorite time was when two girls were being affectionate with each other, she told them to stop, and one of the rpers just said "...they're SISTERS."

needless to say, i didn't last a week in that rp!!
That sounds like bullshit hell.

Now I wonder what she would think of Asexual characters...
based on other experiences i've had with people of her sort, i think she wouldn't like them... abstinence is admirable and they'll PROBABLY support that if you do it for the "right" reasons, but asexuality, as opposed to the choice to ignore attraction, is apparently not what god intended because [some garbage excuse], therefore... bad!!!!!!
(just a note because i KNOW somebody would probably jump my ass for bashing religion: i'm not referring to ALL christians when i say "her sort", i'm from the south and am surrounded by the unbearable type of christians every day of my life, including my own family. i'm just tired folks)

based on other experiences i've had with people of her sort, i think she wouldn't like them... abstinence is admirable and they'll PROBABLY support that if you do it for the "right" reasons, but asexuality, as opposed to the choice to ignore attraction, is apparently not what god intended because [some garbage excuse], therefore... bad!!!!!!
(just a note because i KNOW somebody would probably jump my ass for bashing religion: i'm not referring to ALL christians when i say "her sort", i'm from the south and am surrounded by the unbearable type of christians every day of my life, including my own family. i'm just tired folks)
I certainly won't. If I wasn't underage I'd say I need a drink.

I can kind of get hating on homosexuals and junk. It's still super bad but I can understand why people would freak out about it sort of (not saying I support that kind of behavior but I know a little bit about psychology so I can see what their brains are sort of thinking sort of) but why hate asexuals. We literally do nothing. Like, they hate us for not wanting to do the sex? I would think they would love us. Parents especially. It makes no sense.

darline darline don't worry, edge lord fantasies are nothing new. I think the oldest equivalent I can think of, was writing an emo character, or an overpowered character lol. I'm not going to lie, I still find edge lord characters funny, and some are interesting when written believably.

Uh, well, when I was like 13 I was RPing on this one site, and through a group RP my OC and theirs slowly went into a relationship. Eventually though there were some... very creepy things going on when we did a plotline where each would go back into the other person's past to help them with their sad experiences. I had some beeped up ones, sure, but nothing weird. (Just sad experiences)

...Hers though. Mind you, I was, 13, she was I believe around 30? She put me in this plot line of... (I'm going to put this as PG-13 as I can, I hope I'm not breaking the rules) unconsensual sex, by numerous people, then people strung up and used as experiments, and forcefully made pregnant. And worse. Luckily I was a pretty mature kid, but nonetheless that is not something you should be RPing with a 13-year old. >_>

Uh, well, when I was like 13 I was RPing on this one site, and through a group RP my OC and theirs slowly went into a relationship. Eventually though there were some... very creepy things going on when we did a plotline where each would go back into the other person's past to help them with their sad experiences. I had some beeped up ones, sure, but nothing weird. (Just sad experiences)

...Hers though. Mind you, I was, 13, she was I believe around 30? She put me in this plot line of... (I'm going to put this as PG-13 as I can, I hope I'm not breaking the rules) unconsensual sex, by numerous people, then people strung up and used as experiments, and forcefully made pregnant. And worse. Luckily I was a pretty mature kid, but nonetheless that is not something you should be RPing with a 13-year old. >_>
That's.. huuuugh. It's bad enough on it's own, but if you're a 30 year old and you know you're roleplaying with a literal child, purposefully doing that kind of plot is.... hmm

That's.. huuuugh. It's bad enough on it's own, but if you're a 30 year old and you know you're roleplaying with a literal child, purposefully doing that kind of plot is.... hmm

I'm pretty open-minded about RP (though that particular experience would still bother me today because it seemed to not just be a dramatic plot but more... something they liked, if you get me.) But yeah the fact that I was my age, and from what I remember I was open about that... >_< Yeah.

Well, I'm 30-ish, and I really don't care..? I only wish for there to be a cool plot and readable posts, and age? Don' give a fuck. And I cannot see how giving people a chance is an "hmm".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back