• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Creatures B-Gone (Monster Hunting)

As he neared the restaurant slowed down. A slight feeling of regret building in his chest. He didn't want to stop yet. Pulling up to the curb he climbed off setting his helmet on the seat. "This is the place right?" He ruffles his hair a little to get the helmet out of it. He left his hat back at HQ, no point in letting it get ruined. "Would you like a brush I keep one in that saddle bag." He says pointing to the bag closest to her.

Emerald hops off and is just grinning from ear to ear. "That was amazing!" She said, flatting and trying to tame her wind-blown hair. "Where can I buy one of-" she stopped as she thought about at. "Actually, never mind. If I start a car payment, they'll notice me using their cards faster. I think I'll stick to walking." She said as she flipped her hair back over her shoulder. She had managed to tame it, but she then there would be tangles galore whenever she ran a brush through it when she got home. "And yeah, this is it. It's like a warm home when you walk in...or what I would assume is a warm home." She giggled as she said that, thinking about how cold and unwelcoming her home was.

Adeila looked at the key in her hand and considered taking that car out of the garage. Would that be a good idea? She'd first have to get the car out of the garage of a person she didn't know, then drive a car that wasn't hers. Moreover, it was the car that used to belong to Landon's parents.... If she'd damage it... she'd never be able to live with herself. And the chances for damage where rather big, since she actually knew next to nothing about driving cars. She pocketed the key and decided to just go to the restaurant by foot and then give Landon his keys back. But since the others were a bit ahead of her already, she'd have to hurry if she didn't want to keep them waiting. So she briefly stretched her muscles a bit and decided to get to the restaurant in a mix of running, jogging, and simply walking. She knew she'd be faster if she just kept running. Adeila had the stamina for it, and she could easily outrun anyone. But then there was a slight chance she'd get to the restaurant panting, and that looked silly.

She arrived to the restaurant about fifteen minutes after Landon and Emerald, took the keys from her pocket and tossed them back to Landon.

"Catch," she said the moment she tossed them. "I decided on walking."

That was stating the obvious...

It seemed like everyone else in the agency was going out to lunch, but Wallace was one of the least socially gifted beings on the planet and knew that if he went out something was bound to go wrong. So he stayed back and continued to tinker with spare parts to improve the broken equipment. He hummed while he worked, it was no song in particular just random notes that seemed to go nicely together.

There was a tv in the corner of the room, Wallace's parents had given it to the agency as an opening gift. They were so nice. The remote was on his desk. "Do I really need to melt my brain? Yes, yes I do," Wallace thought as he ached for the chunky piece of plastic. He turned on the tv and began to flip through channels, it was all the same old same old, nothing interesting until he came across the news station. "BREAKING NEWS! UNKNOWN MONSTER THREATENS CITY. 25 KILLED." Now that was interesting. The headline said it all, the city was under threat of a never before seen ferocious beast, it was killing all who tried to put it down.

"Oh shit, I should tell the guys, hopefully they get back soon," Wallace thought, this wasn't something you could just let someone know via text after all. A dark feeling of worry took over the nerdy man.

(Inserts main plot. You're welcome children)

"You know I tore apart a few bikes to git this working, I probably have enough parts left to get another one up and running." He smiled a little more. "And trust me when I say this I don't exactly know what the phrase, a warm home means. But it sounds nice." He smiled warmly. After a little while of talking outside, he saw Adaila walk up. He fumbled with the key but managed not to drop it. "You didn't have to but, lets hurry our lunch break is already a third over."

"Alright! Lets go!" She said before walking in. She just sat at a table like she owned the place and no one seemed to complain. She waited until the other two came over before and kept silent as she looked over the menu, though she already knew what she wanted. "This place is amazing." She said, setting the menu down with a huge smile on her face. "It just makes you feel like there are no worries in the world." She said with a happy sigh.

"I already said right away I preferred walking, so I walked," Adeila grinned. "So it's you who didn't have to offer that car to me."

She thought for a moment and chuckled.

"One third spend on getting here. Now then let's spend one third on eating ant that last third to get back to Wallace's place."

She walked over to the table as well and sat down, her eyes scanning the menu. Now... What looked good?

(Oc note for those who aren't watching the oc thread, I'm gonna sleep now, so I won't post in a couple of hours, don't get too far ahead of me please ^_^ )

Opal has been about to get in her car and follow the others but stopped. Where's Wallace? Wasn't he going along? She turned and headed back in and down to the basement. She opened the door and peeked in. "Heeeeey Wallace, you know you can come with u-" She cut herself off when she saw the news. "Oh my goodness." She said entering the room. "25 killed? This is.... Worrisome." She said, stating the obvious. She glanced at Wallace, her normally cheerful expression turned concerned.

Landon sat down without even looking at the menu. Not his style, and besides honestly he just wanted food, he had forgotten Breakfast. "So please don't tell me you both have your paperwork done." Knowing he will regret the question. As the waitress reaches their table "I'll have what she has." He says pointing at Emerald before the waitress can speak.

Emerald giggled and looked at him. "You sure? My usual is pretty spicy." She said with a slightly worried look. It was one of the most spiciest dishes they served and sent most grown men crying. "I mean, I've seen a few people pass out because their bodies couldn't take it." She added with a look to the waitress who just nodded in agreement. "And I thought I told you already that I finished mine?" She questioned with another grin. "But I could help if you need it?"

"I'll follow on that," Adeila said. "Unless it has meat. Then I'll take what she has as well, but without meat... But if it's only meat... I'll settle on a salad..."

As she heard the mention of the word spicy, she looked back at the waitress. "I'll settle on the salad anyway...." Adeila said sheepishly. Stupid bodily functions that couldn't stomach meat... It smelled so delicious... But she just couldn't eat it.

"I haven't entirely finished yet," she said to Landon and Emerald. "But it's not that much anymore."

@Freezingcake

Jaxson and Axston looked at each other as there brother was ignored they secretly willed there brother to be calm in hopes he wouldn't beat the cap out of the guy Astor hated being ignored and they both knew.

Astor noticed a man tinkering away with something bur the monster attack caught his attention he wanted nothing more for him and his brothers to deal with it but first they had to talk to the head guy here at monsters b gone

Astor walked closer to the man tinkering and cleared his throat once more in an attempt to be noticed by him

Wallace looked away from the screen to see Opal. "I was thinking the exact same thing," he said to her pushing his glasses up his nose. " and no, I don't want to go to lunch with everyone else since that was what you originally came here to ask, I don't really go out," he added. Astor, another one of the members of the agency seemed to be trying to get Wallace's attention. "Uhhh. Yes, do you need something?"

@Freezingcake

Astor sighed irritated it took so long to get noticed but him and his brothers had just joined the agency last night after there former employer Floyd had pulled a prank on the monster b gone members the bastard "we have another person who wishes to join the agency she is already at the scene of the monster attack should we mobilize sir" Astor said sounding like the military man he was. him and his brothers all standing at attention as always it was well known these three were Floyd best hunters and obvious they had been trained well

Wallace wasn't a custom to being addressed as sir, and he sure wasn't familiar to being treated like a figure of authority. It was nice though despite being very foreign to him. "Oh, well if she wants to join that's great, she's more than welcome to... We really shouldn't leave until everyone has come back from lunch, but maybe when they're back," he explained. Nervously the dorky twenty something fiddled with his tiny screw driver. "You guys don't have to call me sir by the way, I'm not in charge, my parents just own this basement," he added awkwardly a moment later.

@Freezingcake

"Sir it is the proper title of authority sir as the business is yours sir" Astor said his white wood staff gleaming brilliantly in the dimly lit basement he was ready for battle as always a look of worry on his face he would not disobey orders but he worried for the newest member who was most likely already at the scene of the monster attack and he doubted she could take on the mid level monster herself

"I can handle it." He didn't even bat an eye. Even if he couldn't take it he wasn't gonna back out. "No, my paperwork is my problem." He waited for the food to arrive. "I'm curious what led you to become a hunter?" He looked at her still smiling, but curiosity crossed his face. "I mean, your parents are still alive and you seem rather, ... carefree."

"Main reason? Well, main reasons? First was to, well, piss off my pathetic excuse for parents. Second reason was because those damn things murdered my best friend who, believe it or not, was worse than I am now. And, also believe it or not, I didn't think living life on the edge was a smart idea, but then I almost died along with my friend and I realized how short life really is." She said with a shrug as she waited for their food.

Duke shot a glare up at Astor with a raised brow before deciding this guy wasn't important enough. He looked back down at the desk, which was nothing but paperwork and a few sheets of paper with rough sketches of monsters and their anatomy. A little ways in front of Duke was a laptop with images of his latest monster dissections, yet all of them were small, mere pests. The images were rather gruesome, yet it seemed the man didn't mind the slightest as he kept drawing.

He looked down. "I'm sorry." His smile had faded, he knew how short life was. He smiled again. "Lets enjoy this meal we've got coming. Pointing toward the waitress carrying food toward their table. He silently hoped it wasn't as spicy as Emerald had made it sound. Granted he had killed his tongue with smoking so maybe he wouldn't taste it.

She just giggled and waved off his concern. "Don't worry about it. And yes, it is as spicy as I claimed." She said, catching his look. "I hope you don't have a complete distaste for anything spicy."

Opal looked a little disappointed at Wallace. She hoped he wasn't going to overwork himself, but she didn't blame him. She also noticed Duke's less than friendly look at Astor. Well time to show these people that not everyone here is shy or unfriendly. She looked at the three guys and smiled. "I don't think I properly introduced myself when you guys joined. I'm Opal. It's nice to meet you." She said, stepping forward and holding out a hand to any of them really, to shake hands.

"Nope, I don't have a complete distaste for anything except ..." Trailing of as he bites into the food, he started sweating. He could definitely taste this and yes it is spicy. "Uhm ... waitress ... can I get a glass of milk?" He sank into his seat fanning his tongue. "You win."

Emerald couldn't help but burst into laughter. She laughed so hard she fell out of her chair. The waitress, who was used to this, helped her back up as she wiped away the tears that formed in her eyes. "Oh god...I warned you!" She said, taking a rather big bite and seemed fine as she ate.

Landon ignored the spice and began attempting to out eat her, but after three bites he gave up. "Okay, my mouth probably has blisters from that." He laughed a little. "Do me a favor and warn me next time." He says with a mischievous smile. "I think I'm done with this you want it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back