• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Creative Partner Wanted

Hello everyone! I go by Haunts and I use she/her pronouns. I love writing and world building, and I'm looking for someone to collaborate with for a fantasy RP. I'm looking for someone who likes a lot of character building, as well as a lot of fantasy elements. I like dark themes, occult themes, and most all sorts of high fantasy, everything from werewolves to dragons to centaurs to faeries. I have a few ideas to get us started, but first...

- 18+ only!
- Obviously I believe in quality over quantity, but I usually like to keep posts kind of long/detailed, say 4-6 paragraphs or 400+ words. That's not a hard rule, as I am often inspired to write more than that. I do tend for shorter posts during heavy action or dialogue to make timing more coherent.
- I care about things like basic grammar, syntax, and overpowered characters. I'm not going to freak out at you over a minor mistake or anything. I'm more interested in having fun and keeping each other engaged.
- There's no pressure to write at a certain pace. I'll be honest, life's been a little bit chaotic for me lately. I try to do at least one in-character post per week. I often post more than that! Depends on post length and stuff, too. Out of character discussions are more flexible of course.
- Ghost friendly. I appreciate a heads up if you're losing interest and I'll try to work it out with you. In general, I greatly appreciate open communication about what you like and dislike as we go along!
- Platonic RPs are always on the table, as are LGBTQ+ themes of all sorts. I'm not super romance focused, myself. Totally cool if that's something we work into it, but if that's your main draw for RPs then I'm probably going to disappoint you as a partner lol.
- I generally play male main characters, usually with one main character and added ones as needed. If you like doubling, let me know! I also tend to play mischievous and/or mean personalities. But I can also play softer personalities! And I swear I'm not mean in real life...
- I don't usually use art/photos for my characters and prefer to write a description. If you like to use them, that's totally cool, and if you want a visual aid for mine let me know and I'll try to search one up.
- In terms of mature/violent content, I don't really have any triggers or hard no's outside of site rules. I guess the one thing I'd say is I don't really like writing content with minors in general, but I don't imagine that being an issue.
- For setting, I typically go for something more medieval-esque in style as opposed to modern. I like cool detailed fantasy worlds with a bunch of different settings/races/animals/etc, but if that's not your jam then just say so! Low fantasy is also cool.

Thanks for reading! Now for the fun part. I have a few basic starter ideas. Most of my favorite RPs have started from simple ideas that develop over time. I want my partner to have all the creative freedom they desire, so if there's a detail you don't like about any of these concepts, please say so! Especially details about your character.

1.) Character A is a magical creature, bound to serve a magic family full of dark secrets and a great amount of power. Character B has never known their birth family, and their life has been shrouded in secrecy since birth. Adopted by human parents, they have often had strange, inexplicable things happen to them. One day, Character B receives a sudden visit from Character A, explaining that they are the last in the bloodline. Character B inherits not only a great wealth, but a servant, a mysterious house, magical items, and a great number of people out to get them. - For this one, I'd prefer to play Character A. I'm conflicted about the kind of setting and time period I'd like for this. Another thing to discuss is the reason Character B was given up at birth. It could be a curse, a prophecy, a whole number of things. I'm interested in building off of this, and I'm in the mood for some dark fantasy or occult themes. I'm conflicted between playing a shapeshifter, a tiefling-esque character, or maybe a more humanoid demon character.

2.) Character A's life has been full of mystery and hints of something less than human. When their community starts to push back against certain types of magic, Character A's bloodline is in question, and they are forced to flee into an enchanted forest. Desperate, all they have is the rumors of a safehouse deep in the woods, run by Character B. Character B offers Character A a place to stay... in return for some work. - For this one, I'm looking to play Character B. Not sure exactly what I have in mind for them, but I've been toying around with the idea of a werewolf or similar, or maybe something more monster-ish. As for your character, it's a complete blank slate. Whether they're aware of their magic is totally up to you. If you'd like to play Character B, that's also something I can work with!

Stuff I'm just kinda in the mood for in general: Occult themes, shapeshifters, dragons, werewolves, witches, curses

If you've read all of that and it sparks your interest, I'd love to hear from you! Shoot me a message with a little bit about you, any ideas you're interested in, what kind of stuff you like in an RP, anything you're itching to write about... hopefully we can start something great!

Last edited:
I have an idea that I really want to try. It's not quite a normal format because I think that having the characters isolated fits the tone better. My character has a crush, for some reason (I think I made her before I figured out that I'm ace and terrible at that sort of thing). It's medieval, werewolves, suspense, kind of dark tone.

In a small medieval town hidden away in England, you grew up hearing stories of monsters that prowl the night when the full moon shines down. Raised in fear, you question everything unfamiliar. Even your neighbor could be a hideous beast. So what do you do when, staying at work (or other location) late on a night you forgot was the full moon, you run headlong into a werewolf hunt and encounter a terrified werewolf who bites you in fear? The next full moon, it happens. You grow fur. How will you hide this from the town? Everyone knows you! How will you possibly keep this secret?

Interested?

i'm super interested! my discord is lilllua if you want to add me on there so we can talk more! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back