• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crazy things when you're in love

Charlotte found it really sweet that Ethan offer to tag along if she wanted to look for a new pet and even pay for it. She politely said 'maybe' to the offer, not wanting to be rude because it was really sweet. She was pretty independent and of course felt like she could do it on her own but... Maybe she needed to stop being so independent and let people help her. Ethan, in particular.

She smiled like a loser when Daphne and Connor shared their first dance. She couldn't help but fantasize about it being her, although in a dream world, her reception would be hosted in a badass hotel with a huge chandelier in the middle of it all. Oh yeah, she'd thought it through. Hadn't every girl? It was hard no to when you were surrounded by so many pretty lights and stuff. It really set the mood. When she heard the song switch, she couldn't help but nod her head along and hum to the song, which she actually loved.

She smiled at Ethan as he stepped in front of her and asked her for a dance, then bit bottom lip in thought. Not that she was going to say no, but she wanted to drag out the moment a little bit more. He was like a prince charming, bowing and whatnot. Ugh, he was perfect. She meant that. She nodded excited and took his hand. "Well of course," She answered with a giggle.

He pulled them out onto the dance floor and started started to do her thaaaang. Which wasn't much, actually. Charlotte wasn't an amazing dancer or anything. In fact, she was pretty sure that the majority of her dance skills consisted of any grinding that she'd done at the club, which wasn't super appropriate, or any cheerleading routines that still stuck in her mind. Neither of those would probably come in handy in this situation but at least she didn't have two left feet! It was all about having fun anyways, right?

~

Carter chuckled and shook his head, knowing that Rae probably knew better but he wasn't going to entertain her mind with the thought of a Bigfoot or anything like it stalking them. That was just crazy.

He looked down at Rae and smirked. "Cuddling, huh?" He asked her with a smile and then a wink. He leaned in and kissed her forehead, then moved his arms from her shoulders and instead slipped his hand into hers. He walked the short distance from the living room to the bedroom where he then let go of Rae and fell back onto the fairly comfortable bed. He was surprised, actually. He was sure that it was kind of broken in (gag) but as long as the sheets were clean, he was good.

He looked over at Rae and grinned, patting his chest as a gesture for her to come and join him.

Ethan knew a thing or two about dancing, nothing reality television worthy, but he could hold his own at prom, and had been to enough weddings to know how to slide around for twenty minutes and then gradually fade. Then again, those events he spent twirling little niece's and his grandmothers around until his arm felt like he'd pitched for a week. This time around, he had an absolute princess on his arm, the only issue was she seemed a little more natural, whilst he was being a little... Stiff, and proper. Unbeknownst to her, Ethan hadn't really ever been in a club, much less danced in one. It just didn't seem like his kind of atmosphere, that was one thing he and Rae always agreed on. Of course that wasn't a comparison, he was more than happy to attempt twirling Charlotte throughout re night till she got tired of the masquerade moves.

"Sorry, I don't really know how to... Turn it up," His following grin was bright if not a little bashful, and he pulled her close to his chest, his hands light on her waist. There was plenty of room for all the couples to dance on the landscape and still give the newly weds room to show off their salsa routine. Daphne had switched dresses by now, into something small and tight whilst Connor moved as fluent as a professional. "I took some ballroom classes in highschool like a nerd, embarrassingly Gary took it with me, and we got stuck as partners for the week because mine hated me. She said I stepped on her foot way too much, had no coordination. The usual."

"Let me tell you though, Gary can daaaance. He'd kill me if I told you, but seriously," She have her another little spin and then dipped her, holding her there for a moment with ease and letting the corner of his mouth twitch upwards.

He leaned down a little more, clearing his throat like he'd lost his nerve before he finally had the guts to quote something that'd come to mind when he'd been looking at her:

"I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:

Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,

Having some business, do entreat her eyes

To twinkle in their spheres till they return."

"...That means your eyes are pretty, if you, um, don't read Shakespeare. I don't either," He laughed a little. "I got stuck reciting it in eleventh grade. Mom wanted me to be an actor. Didn't happen."

---

For a moment, Rae lingered in the doorway, smiling softly as Carter fell back on the mattress and gestured for her to come over. "Mmm, is it comfy? I don't know about crimson sheets, but I like the giant pillows."

She tilted her head and braced for the nostalgia that settled in, washing over her like a suffocating wave and turning her stomach upside down briefly. For a mere moment, she saw Ethan, and missed him enough to make her lip tremble; he'd been her first, and she swore he'd be her last should anything ever happen. Yet here she was, two weeks later, with the man who's always loved her, whom she'd always loved, but not like that. And Ethan had so easily moved on, he'd not spoken to her since that day, though she'd admittedly saved up drafts and drafts of what she wanted to say to him, apologies and burns alike. It was... Hard to digest. Moving on, and more importantly letting go.

And the sheer loneliness she felt in the wake of it all encouraged her to switch off the lights, loosen her top and crawl over the mattress and settle down on top of Carter, content with their hearts thudding softly, almost in sync. "Hi..." She tilted her head forward and kissed him ever so gently, snaking her arms around his neck for security, attempting to overthrow the turbulent girl who wanted to cry again and instead, just melt in her safety net. It wasn't too dark, moonlight filtered down in a none eerie way through the little window beside their bed, and crickets were chirping softly outside, perhaps one was even inside somewhere.

Charlotte giggled, listening to Ethan say "turn it up". God bless. "It's turn up, Ethan," She corrected him playfully as she rested her hands on his shoulders, which she'd end up moving in a few moments to around his neck because shoulders just seemed too proper and stiff. "But don't apologize. I think you're great," She told him with a smile. Both at dancing and just in general.

Her eyes lit up at the sound of Ethan telling her that he'd taken ballroom dancing with Gary. "Wait, seriously?" She asked him and then laughed a little bit,"I've actually always wanted to try ballroom. I've wanted to try a lot of dance because of cheerleading but I never had the time. Have you ever liked Youtubed any type of dance? People are like, amazing and make it look easy but I would probably look like a fool." She could totally see Gary going and trying to be all proper about it and talk about how many degrees you were suppose to turn in each step or something silly like that.

She glancing around at the scene just behind Ethan, which was mostly just other couples dancing, the bride and groom front and center. She looked back to Ethan, locking eyes with him when he cleared his throat. A smile came over her lips, listening to him recite some poetry near her ear. She felt herself flush, hearing him explain it all. She found it extremely sweet and romantic that he'd care enough to compliment her to rack his brain for a quote he'd used in high school.

"That's really pretty," She told him,"Thank you." Her fingertips played with the hair on the back of his neck subconsciously as she gazed up at him like she was mesmerized or something. "I'd quote something too if I could think of anything to tell you how handsome you are but I can't," She told him and then laughed but then blushed, realizing that she'd put that really bluntly, which usually wasn't her style. She felt like she was coming off too desperate or something...

While she contemplated her words, she could feel eyes baring into her back and so she turned her head a little bit to see who was causing that. Three girls, possibly more relatives, were staring at her and Ethan and talking amongst themselves. She shifted her eyes back to Ethan, wondering if she should ask or just ignore.

~

Carter nodded and grinned. "Not too bad, actually," He told her honestly. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly when she just stood there and he saw blankness glaze over her eyes for a minute before she hit the lights made her way over to him. He didn't ask. He was never really one to push. He knew Rae well enough to know that she'd speak her mind when she wanted to.

"Hi," He said softly, looping his arm around her waist as she moved to him. He kissed her back softly, enjoying the moment of just laying together and kissing. They'd done it a few times before in the last few weeks but this was different for them. This was their first real date/getaway as an almost couple. He still needed to ask her. His goal had been to ask her after their romantic dinner but that was rudely interrupted. He'd figure it out. Maybe after this whole moment. He moved his free hand to Rae's side and moved her so that she was on top of him rather than beside him, mostly because it was just comfortable that way, for him at least. He was pretty sure she'd be cool with it though. He put on hand on the crook of her neck and the other stayed on her back.

"That's what chivalrous men are all about, right? Leaving girls to just enjoy the might while we quote nerdy pieces in hopes it flatters?" Lucky for him he'd been wearing long sleeves so she couldn't see the goosebumps that trailed along his skin when she tugged at his hair, likely the mostly simple gesture but it sure had his heart beating. "I have to try and best Connor, you know. He bruised every mans ego tonight, repeatedly," He laughed a little and pulled her as close as she could come, discreetly of course. The physical attraction was extremely potent, though comfortably laced with genuine affections.

Though their gently swaying continued, Ethan hadn't failed to notice Lottie check over her shoulder. Was she cold? Bored? Worried? "Something the matter?" He asked and spun them around a little, rotating so they faced a different way, and let a few people rotate around them as to obscure the from those that stood by and observed. Perhaps that was it, he dreaded knowing someone had said something hurtful and Lottie caught wind. "I can tell something's bugging you. What's wrong?"

---

As a reassuring warmth took place of the sadness, Rae decided to kick the intimacy up a notch, sliding her hands down his chest and eventually tugging his shirt upwards and over his head. There was just something about skin on skin that made everything seem more concrete. She let one hand trace an inaccurate heart around where his was beating against his chest, whilst the other gently cupped his face and she kissed it long and slow.

The wind had picked up, she couldn't say if that was normal or not, since she didn't know the area. Something scratched against the cabins roof, like an old goosebumps movie that gave you chills around midnight. She ignored it though, turning over on her back and beckoning him to be on top of her this time, her smile small and endearing.

Meanwhile a hunched over, towering shadow was cast over the living room from the outside, even with the curtains drawn, and it passed each individual one, making its way around the cabin.

Charlotte grinned and laughed a little bit. "Well, I do suppose that giving the love of your life the wedding of their dreams is a little hard to beat," She agreed teasingly. She moved close to him, as close as she could without stepping on his toes at least and just tried to focus on them and their easy dancing.

Ethan caught her though and he turned them to another spot. She smiled. She was that easy to read, huh? She flicked her eyes up to meet him and sighed deeply, considering just saying "oh, nothing" like every other girl in the world. She didn't think that he deserved be lied to though, even over something as simple as this. "They don't like that I'm with you," She told him with a sad smile,"Not that we're like, together... But. You know what I mean." She hoped that he did because she didn't want to say it out loud. They didn't like that she wasn't Rae. They also probably didn't like that Ethan had so quickly found someone else to bring along. The last thing she wanted was to give the two of them a bad reputation; especially Ethan. She was use to being liked and was sure that he was too, with his charm and good looks and all. It was probably really selfish and self-conceded to be acting this way but it was true. Pretty much everyone liked her or at least were on decent terms.

~

Carter lifted himself enough from the bed to take his shirt off before laying back down and slowing dragging Rae's up with his fingertips grazing against her sides. He pulled it off after a few drawn out moments and dropped it to the side of the bed along with his. He opened his eyes when Rae pulled away again and took the opportunity to get a good look at her half-naked upper body. He thought that she was perfect. With a smile on his face, he began to move onto his side but something caught the corner of his eye mid-move, one arm on the other side of her and laying on his side.

In the living room he saw a shadow of something and his mind quickly tried to debunk what it was. Maybe a chair that was disfigured from the moon's angle. Yeah that was- Nope. No.No it wasn't because it fucking moved. His breath caught in his throat as he watched it slowly move across the length of the living room and then disappear completely. He wasn't going crazy, right? "I.." He began to say, not even sure what to say to Rae. Not that it really mattered because his words would've been distracted by the rattling of the backdoor's door knob. His eyes grew wide and he just froze, not sure what to do other than just sit there. "The fuck..." He whispered intently, his eyes shifted to Rae. He could feel that panic start to kick in again like he'd felt outside. This wasn't actually happening right?

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I just... Don't care, you know? Everyone thought Rae and I were going to be a forever couple, and I... Thought so too. But things change, you meet other people, I'm not even thirty yet, gimmiea break." He brought his hand up and gently cupped her cheek, though the other still rested on her waist. "They're just curious. This is a pretty... Blunt statement, and I don't change my routine often, so inevitably the family's surprised. It's not you, it's change. I swear. There's nothing to not like about you."

"And they're only just seeing you. I'd like to think we can do more stuff like this, my dad has barbeques all the time, and there's a game Friday where you can be the cheerleader. If you want," Though he'd nearly sided against it, he managed to find the guts to lean in and kiss her forehead, softly and drawn out for a moment before a sudden array of screams ripped through the air, followed by the tossing of the boquet. He hadn't even heard the music stop, why were they doing that now? It flew extremely high up in the air nearly past the canopy, and guess who caught it?

---

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" Rae sat up a little, and tried to follow his gaze, but couldn't quite make out the living room with the same clarity he could from this distance. She tried to pull him for another kiss, "Carter, I don't think there's anything--"

The rattling of the doorknob made her eyes rheumy and the skin of her throat vibrated with every quickening heart beat. "...The... The doors locked, right?"

As if to confirm that, the jiggling stopped and in place something large began to bang violently on the door, which trembled under the unseen force but thankfully didn't give way. Even this scared, Rae couldn't scream, instead she just sat there, frozen until it stopped suddenly, and the almost couple were met with silence so thick you could slice it in half. "...Run for the car or lock ourselves in the bathroom?"

Charlotte gave Ethan a half-grin, finding it nearly romantic how he was basically just giving his family members a huge middle finger when it came to bringing her along. He was probably right though. Change was weird and she supposed that it would be odd seeing someone new after years of the same old, same old. She smiled and nodded at the offer of coming to the baseball game and maybe even a family barbecue. She closed her eyes when she felt Ethan kissed her forehead, he cheeks blushing ever so slightly again. She couldn't even remember the last time she'd felt this way before...

Their nice moment however was ruined by cheering and screaming at which both of them snapped their attention to whatever they were missing. Lottie wasn't even sure what was happening but she saw something flying in her direction so she put her arms up more in defense than anything. You could probably see the surprise on her face when she realized that it was the bride's bouquet in her hands and all their bridesmaids and single ladies glared in her direction, upset that she'd gotten the blessing of the bouquet and not them. She laughed awkwardly and smiled then shifted her eyes back to Ethan. "Well," She began and then laughed again,"Guess I'm getting married."

~

Carter swallowed hard, listening to the doorknob shaking. He merely nodded in response to Rae's question because he couldn't bring himself to form any complete thought. The sound of the banging on the door is what really got him and he winced and almost instinctively grabbed at Rae's side and pulled her closer to him, as if to protect her in someway.

When silence wasn't over the cabin, his heavy breathing was pretty damn obvious. His eyes flicked to Rae when she spoke. "Bathroom," He said definitively,"No fucking way I'm going out there." Taking the silence as an opportunity of safety, he took his hand off of Rae and nodded in the direction of the bathroom that was attached to the bedroom, suggesting that she go first. He slid off the bed after her and checked his pockets to see if he had his phone, just in case, then followed her over towards the bathroom.

"Then there's a guaranteed lucky guy out there, right?" He asked and kissed the back of her hand just before shooting a rather harsh glare at the others, to which they turned and started heading to their tables. A few people headed up to the podium, assumedly to talk about how wonderful the newlyweds were and how they knew them personally, funny moments and childhood memories. "Wouldn't it be crazy if he was here?" He commented lowly, and then looked away with a bit if bashfulness, going she hadn't heard something so incredibly stupid. Smooth way to drop a hint, bozo.

Ethan's stomach was suddenly very intrigued by the suited individuals that came out carrying plates with what appeared to be buttered lobster and crab on top, assorted sides and dressings by the dozen. Champagne was being served, too. And from the sparkle, it looked like the real deal, none of that cheap crap. "Let's go find our seats, yeah? I'm starving, and we're eating on three hundred dollar plates tonight. Pig out!"

---

"Ohhhh, this is not what I had in mind," Rae whined lowly and hurried inside the bathroom, clutching her phone in one hand and a thermal blanket for two in the other arm. Her hormones were extremely disappointed by the change in plans, and she'd jut started to get that warm and comfortable feeling...

"I hope the bastard rots in hell," She spewed venomously and plopped down on the tile, arms folded over her nearly bare chest and her mind swimming a little with the sudden shift in atmosphere. "Can't we call the rangers or management? Surely we're not really all alone out here... Caaaaaarteeeeeer... I don't wanna spend the night locked in the bathroooooom..."

Charlotte looked over at Ethan, biting her lip to hold back a stupid smile at the comments he made. "I don't think it's crazy," She responded, obviously meaning for it to be heard by him. She blushed, feeling nearly insane for even hinting at the idea of marriage with him. He'd said it was first though! They'd only known each other for nearly a month now... But there was just something about him that made her heart flutter whenever he laid eyes on her and gave her butterflies when he came close. Like right now, because he was still holding her hand.

She eagerly nodded at the suggestion of going to find their seats to eat their five-star meal. "Bring it oooon," She told him playfully as they started to walk around to look for their seats with their name cards. Well, kind of. Ethan found his name and upon taking the seat beside him, she looked down to see Rae Elizabeth written out in beautiful calligraphy. She turned the name card face down and placed the bouquet on top of it, mostly so she didn't feel so awkward about it and then leaned back in her seat, grinning in Ethan's direction.

It wasn't but a few seconds later that plates of seafood were placed in front of all of the table's guests along with a plethora of sides that were placed in the middle of the table in bowls to be eaten family-style, along with a tall glass of champagne to sip on. Hell yeah. "This looks so good," She commented, taking in a breath of the mouthwatering smell.

~

Carter couldn't help but smile. Death was literally knocking at their door and Rae was complaining because the night wasn't going how she wanted. God bless her. She was too cute. He closed the door behind himself and locked it, then sank down beside her on the floor, leaning back on the side of the tub.

"We're not going to spend allll night in here, whiney," He teased her playfully with a smile. He pulled his phone out of the pocket and googled the number to the front desk, assuming they could do something or they could at least report freaky activity and had someone come check it out. While he waited for an answered, he moved the blanket over their laps and looked around the bathroom. "We could take a bath," Carter suggested with a little smirk, looking over his shoulder at the bathtub. It'd keep them warm while they hung out in here for however long they planned on staying in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethan laughed aloud and nodded, placing his napkin over his lap and then leaning in to saw the lobster bits in half with his knife. The aroma was a little strong, but the taste was so good he swore he'd be drooling. Food brought everyone together, and from what he could tell Lottie and himself hadn't received anymore stares (at last blatant ones) whilst the two ate. Individuals rose from their chairs and went to grab the mic up front, some plastered already on drinks heavier than the champagne whilst others played attention whore and droned on for hours about a sixth birthday some milenia ago. As long as the atmosphere remained light hearted, that was all that mattered to him. Like always, he rested an arm behind her, but didn't feel the need to make a ton of conversation. It was just nice to sit back and relax, and if she was content, so was he.

"You wanna ditch this place after the dinner? I know it's classless to come for the food, but I'm drained and drunk on too many perfumes. I can't even smell mine anymore," He crinkled his nose as he sniffed his collar and inhaled nothing but flowery scents, definitely not his favorite on himself. "No rush though, your call... She's just gunna open gifts though. Don't worry I brought one and put your name on the tag." Course he didn't mention Rae had picked it out. That was... Unnecessary.

---

"Yeah, I can hear it now, couple found bathing while serial killer stalks them outside!" That actually had her laughing pretty hard, because knowing them that wasn't even a fictional ending.

It could totally happen, well, minus one key word. Couple. He was probably gonna be all proper tonight and then they'd be perfect and now... Oh, damn, she was so frustrated! That thing ruined their plans, and her one good surprise! No, no it didn't. She could still have her way. Man that sounded trampish, but there was that whole live like it's your last night, right? And pessimistically thinking, it could be!

"It's not a bad idea though," She glanced at the tub, and then tilted her head with a playful look as she reached behind her and cranked up the hot water. Gradually, it started to rise to the surface. She stood up and started to undress, "Coming?"

The food was amazing. Having basically lived off of fastfood and cheap coffee since she moved here, she'd pretty much forgotten what real food tasted like and man, it was great. She would have to say that the most interesting part though was watching the drunk friends head up to make some speech about something that was either only funny to them or were completely inaudible due do their slurring and holding the microphone too close to their mouth. Wasn't alcohol just so fun? She thought so.

She couldn't even get through all of her meal though. There was a lot of food to eat but she made sure to try everything and eat as much as she could without feeling she was going to vomit. She leaned back in her seat, her shoulders against Ethan's arm, and scoped out the crowd. Every once and a while she'd get a 'who in the hell is that?' kind of a glance but then they'd look over at Ethan and mind their business once again. She supposed that it wasn't that big of a deal because she didn't know any of these people and she probably could get away with never seeing them again in her life which was fine by her.

The idea of leaving early made her smile. As beautiful as the wedding was, there wasn't much else for them to do and she didn't have any sentimental connection or obligation to stay. "Honestly? Yeah," She told him, looking over with a laugh. She leaned in a little closer to him, her hand resting on his thigh again. "We should ditch now," She suggested quietly, more than ready to go. She'd like to be somewhere where she wasn't being judged every two seconds. "And you still smell great, by the way," She added with a smile before leaning back properly into her seat.

~

"At least everyone will get to see our sexy bodies. We'll basically end up like porn stars. What a life!" He joked laughing and shaking his head. He smirked when Rae agreed to the bath and turned on the water. Meanwhile, the front desk picked up and he had to explain that someone was banging on their door and trying to get in. They said that they'd send someone out to check around the premises and then would call them back after to report if they'd found or seen anything.

Content with that at least, he hung up and put his phone down on the ground and then looked over at Rae with a grin. "So, I guess their sending park rangers out or something to look around. So if we hear screaming, at least we know we're not crazy," He remarked with a little smirk. He looked behind them at the tub that was now filling up and actually looking pretty damn inviting, then back to Rae. "I'm sorry this isn't turning out like I wanted. Well, like you probably wanted too," He said and then sighed, feeling kind of bad. He'd tried really hard to make this a perfect night and yet here they were, locked in a bathroom with some thing outside their cabin and hungry. He really didn't get to eat much. At least he had a pretty girl by his side.

He smirked when she stood up and he did too, after staring for a few seconds of course. He unbuttoned his jeans and was completely undress in a solid 5 seconds. That was like a world record or something, right?

Ethan wished she wouldn't touch his thigh. Well, no, the problem was he wanted her to touch him a little more everytime she started to, and he couldn't take it that far because they were basically strangers and at a public event. Even if they headed back to her place... He felt like thinking those kinds of thoughts about her wasn't what an aspiring princess would appreciate, though they lingered in the back in his mind like dogs in heat bound by a leash.

"After you, beautiful," He finished his champagne glass before rising to his feet, extending a hand and attempting to discreetly guide himself and Lottie out of there. Considering the fact that the alcohol was out, Daphne probably wouldn't be sober enough to notice their leave. If that wasn't the case and she was hurt, hopefully that sapphire pair of earnings would make it up to her.

They moved swift and brisk in the shadowed parking lot, he opened her door and then slid into his own seat, laughing as he slammed his shut and jabbed the key in the ignition. "I'm so glad you said okay, I see cameras flashing and I'm not in the mood for making scrapbooks. ...Anywhere you wanna head before home? Err, your home, I mean."

Oops. But it sounded good.

---

"Aww, don't worry, I've always wanted to be a porn star. I was thinking Sparkles," She giggled and stepped over the tubs side, flinching a little at the heated water, but soon enough she was sinking down and poured a little bit of gel for that aromatic, bubbly affect. Of course she was well aware their morbid humor just barely nullified the intensity and ironically messed up night, but if they didn't laugh about it, how would they move on? It's not like they had control over their tendancy for weirdness. They just had one foot in the twilightzone, that's all.

"You don't waste time, do you?" Though it was about time she act a little more shy, and batted her lashes for the timid effect, beckoning him in, ignoring the fact that she swore she heard something outside, even behind closed doors again. "Tomorrow we'll try again, okay? Maybe eat... Inside, for starters. And... Next time we'll try something indoors, maybe a resort that's a little more... Populated."

It was odd, even now they were extremely comfortable around each other. Well, she still had the usual female insecurities, too thin, do I lack curves, what's there to hold-- But he didn't seem bummed, so she tried to think he wouldn't want to replace her after tonight like a certain somebody. The reminder made her shudder and she fixated herself on bubbles to ignore the wound. "Ohhhh, jets."

Charlotte, like Ethan, finished off her glass before standing. Lord only knew the last time she'd taste something that expensive in the next ten years. She took his hand once again and followed him, slipping quickly and politely through the crowds of wedding attendees until they made it to the parking lot and safely to Ehtan's silver car. She giggled as she leaned back in her seat, putting her clutch down on her lap and kicking off her heels for the drive back home.

She grinned a little bit at his little slip up. Honestly, she wouldn't have even given it a second though unless he had said something. She shook her head. "Home is good," She answered, smiling in his direction. The drive back home was filled with whatever pop song was playing on the radio and comments they had about the wedding. Like one of his aunt's dresses that had been far too short and revealing for a woman her age and a the five-year-old ring barer who had been trying to break dance at one point in the middle of the dance floor. All glares aside, it had been a rather enjoyable night. But then again, when wasn't it a good time with Ethan?

When they pulled into the parking garage, she slid her heels back on. Ethan parked in a visitor spot, which was weird because up until about a week ago he'd parked in the normal spots for people who lived there. This was better though. Closer to the elevator. She got out and waited for him to join her before they walked beside each other to the elevator, where took a few steps faster than him just so that she could press the button to go up. She laughed to herself and leaned into his side when he came up to her, looking up at the two arrow as she waited for one to turn green.

~

Carter chuckled and shook his head as he stepped into the bath opposite of Rae. That look she was giving him made him want her even more than he already did, which was a lot considering he'd be lusting after the girl for a solid eight years now. That sounded so lame... Eight years. You can't pick you love though, you know? He carefully sat down into the burning water, which was only really bad for the first like ten seconds and then it felt great actually. "Yeeeah. You know. I thought this was going to be romantic and stuff but I think a place on a the beach and chocolate covered strawberries sound romantic too," He agreed and then laughed, shaking his head.

"Jets?" He repeated excitedly and then looked to the side of the tub. He smirked and pushed down on a white button which turned on the jets that surrounded the whole tub. "Oh hell yeah. Now it's a party," He remarked with a laugh, watching as all the bubbles began to build up even more now that there was more water to mix it up. He gazed across the table and over at Rae with a grin. This was a movie moment he'd been waiting for. She looked so glamours, covered up to the collarbones in bubbles and admiring them, looking gorgeous even though she wasn't trying. "Come here, beautiful," He told her, leaning back against the tub.

Rae moved so that she was leaning against his chest and he played with the bubbles, picking them up and watching them slide down from her shoulders back to the water while the talked about random things mostly related to water since they were in it. It was maybe five minutes Carter's boy brain got the best of him and he started to get a little handsy and began kissing her neck and all. Could you blame the kid for not being able to wait too long? He had been waiting a long time for this, after all.

Of course she'd beat him to the button, like he'd try to race her in heels. Plus that little triumphant look she wore when she jabbed it made him all the more proud he didn't act competitive like. No, that could be saved for the ball games. But he did have to question where the night would lead him past the elevator. Was this the night he took the boldest step as far as crushes went?

Or did he bid her goodnight and go camp out in Gary's guestroom? He didn't mind it, not a place in that boys house lacked luxury. But there was a void on both sides everywhere he went, and the blonde really dreaded parting ways with such a sweet little thing that may or may not be as into him as he believed he was with her. The dips, hand holding and confessions made it obvious, right? It's not like she needed him to spell it out!

"Lottie, do you..." The elevator came to a sudden stop and paused a little longer than usual, as if waiting for him to ask do you like me like... For real? But he inevitably lost his nerve, and shoved his hands in his pockets due to confliction. "...Think the elevator is slower than usual?"

Like. He. Cared. What a dork!

It finally opened and he stepped out right after she did, sighing and kick in the air as they started around the corner.

---

"Mmm, beach sounds nice..." Even if Rae hadn't been waiting as long as Carter had, though he made her question her prior feelings regardless, she'd managed to become impatient and frisky enough to reciprocate the hormones, turning over and letting her fingers finally do the talking. She'd admittedly done enough reading to know the sensual and weak spots most men had, even with her limited experience there wasn't a moments doubt she knew where to touch and when.

That bastard outside could break down a wall and she'd demand all interruptions simply cease to be. This was their night, she'd just die if Carter thought he'd failed at anything, he'd done more for her than that potential fiance of hers had in a years time. It wasn't fun to just go months completely unwanted and neglected, especially as a woman! If someone switches that up and offers attention, one tends to milk it like it's their last time...

Charlotte looked over at Ethan when he began speaking and raised her eyebrows, waiting for whatever question was to come next. Butterflies started popping up in her stomach for no real good reason other than the ones that she made up in her head, like all of the possibilities that he could say.

"Maybe," She responded with a little shrug,"Maybe it's all the food we ate." She laughed a little bit and looked away from him, nearly disappointed with the question but more importantly the hesitation he had. Maybe he was changing his mind about her or something. Damn, she hadn't even considered that. Maybe Ethan actually wanted to dip because he didn't want her around anymore and he was going to say that he was going to call off whatever was between them and go back to Rae. The thought nearly made her nauseous and made her realize how much she actually liked the guy which was pretty scary. She was falling way to fast for him... Sigh.

She walked out of the elevator with him and down the hallway, now staring at the carpet patterns in the hallway rather than up or at Ethan as she debated in her mind whether or not she was just physching herself out or if she was just really that blind to it all.

When they finally reached her door near the end of the hallway, she stopped and crossed her arms, turning her back to the door and turning to face Ethan with a little grin. "Thank you for tonight. For taking me and dealing with all the looks and stuff," She told him, honestly meaning it. He easily could've gone alone and lied about Rae being sick or something rather than having to explain the breakup and a new girl.

~

Carter felt faint of heart feeling Rae's hands work their magic. He tried really really hard to focus on kissing her and running his own hands over her body but more times than not he'd lean his head back in pure pleasure. It'd been far too long since he'd been with a girl and for it to be Rae just made it all that more irresistible. She was in for quiet the night but she seemed just as eager as he was.

His hands grabbed at her waist and he pulled her closer, nipping at her neck. "Bed or?.." He began to ask, not even able to form a complete sentence before he moved his lips back to hers. He was way to in the mood for conversation. His mind was on one thing.

He was still beating himself up by the time they got to her apartment, feeling like a little kid who'd had his first tussel with reality. It'd been so many years since he had to ask first time, awkward questions or wonder what was right, wrong or too far. Young as he was it seemed new and made him anxious, but it was that kind of zest that some how managed to give him the strength to mirror her grin, at the least. "You act like it was a job. I loved every second of it. Save for the bitchy bridesmaids," He pressed a hand above her head on the wall, leaning against whilst the other rested within his pocket.

Come oooon, come on! Just ask the fucking question! All you need is a no and you can stalk off!

"Lottie, I..." He pressed his tongue to the inside of his cheek, agitated by his own hesitation. Ah, the perks of being single. And the stresses that follow. "I'm free Saturday night. Do you want to try something a little more private? Friday I have the game, but after that... I think... Some one on one would be... Well, not one on one, shit, you know what I mean. I think," He shook his head. Where was he going with this? What the hell was she thinking? He wished he knew!

---

"If that thing starts shit up again, I'll kill it," she managed as she drew back just enough to catch her breath. Though they both knew her threat was about as menacing as a kittens growl. All they could really do was give in to each other and hope they could make up for what the irony of the night had stolen.

Rae found it amusing that Carter definitely wasn't wasting time either, all it took was one whispered answer before they'd slipped away, back to the bedroom for that romantic night on a king sized bed he'd promised her. Maybe in the morning she could make up for the lost food with a cooked breakfast of her own. That is, if the morning didn't call for a rematch.

Charlotte grinned, glad to hear that Ethan had enjoyed the night because she really had too, current anxiety about it all aside. "Well, I'm glad I was useful for something," She remarked playfully, moving so that she held her clutch behind herself with both hands when Ethan moved to lean oh-so hotly on the wall above her. He looked so... Effortlessly old-fashioned sexy.

She bit down her lip, once from pure nervousness rather than excitement, as she waited for the rest of the words to leave Ethan's mouth. Just say it. Just let me have it already. She wasn't expecting what he said though. Was he seriously asking her out? Okay, so maybe she hadn't been crazy. He actually did like her. She started smiling like an idiot, listening to him struggle to find the right words to make it sound casual.

"Yes, Ethan," She answered, stopping his ramble by putting a hand on his chest,"I'll go out with you on Saturday." The anxiety seemed to flood away pretty quickly but was quickly replaced with the nervous butterflies. She wasn't sure which was worse... Both made her feel like puking though. She smiled anyways at the idea of going on an actual date with him. They'd hung out alone, sure, but it was mostly just at her place watching movies or a quick bite to eat because he had practice or something so to spend some actual quality time together would be really nice. She removed her hand from his chest, making sure to brush his abs before returning her hand back to the other. Okay, so sue her for wanting to feel his baseball fit body. Who wouldn't?

"Do you, um, want to come in?" She asked him, moving so that she could find her keys in her clutch,"We don't have to but I just thought since we called it an early night, there's probably a movie on or something..." She didn't want to push her luck with him since they'd already spent the whole night with him but she wasn't really ready to say goodnight yet. She stuck her keys in the door and opened it up before looking at Ethan with her innocent eyes and a grin, as if to already know his answer.

I'm starting to think all this anxiety is completely unnecessary.

"Yeah? Great, I'll... Call you Saturday, then." He was a little dazed, it'd been so casual on her part, or so it seemed to him; not like dating had ever really been difficult, but it just seemed nerve wracking since he'd been out of it so long, and to think everything was working out so smoothly. He really don't have any regrets about the break, even with the bruises left over from an uncanny ending. Those would fade, though, maybe even offer a chance of reconciliation or at least an ending happy enough to where the ache was merely a memory, like his actual, visible bruises.

Though his mind had jumped to his schedule towards the end of his week, and then how he'd plan out the weekend, Ethan didn't miss a best when she invited him inside. "I thought you'd never ask," He waited as she stepped inside, admiring her a little from behind before starting to slip off his blazer upon entry. Man, disadvantage of last minute slumber parties, no change of clothes. He doubted he could get away with a pair of her booty shorts, either. "If I'm honest, I'll probably crash before the movie gets anywhere. All that people watching drains you," following that was a boyish laugh. He loosened his tie and set it on the table, draping his blazer over the back of a chair and slipping his shoes off right underneath.

Charlotte grinned when Ethan accepted the invitation without a second thought. She walked inside, running a hand through her pale hair, and then heading over to her kitchen where she put her clutch down on the counter. "Honestly,me too," She agreed with a little laugh.She was pretty tired from their outing but still didn't feel like saying goodbye so she supposed that him sleeping over would suffice.

"I'll be right back. You know where everything is," She said with a smile before heading to her bedroom. She kicked off her heels and left them by her bedroom door, then walked over to her dresser where she pulled out a pair of Nike spanks and a tank top. She changed out from her formal get up into the basically workout gear and sighed happily. She loved lazy clothes. She grabbed a hair tie from the bathroom, then strutted back out to the living room, joining Ethan who had made his way to the couch. "So," She began as she started to tie up her hair in a ponytail,"What do you feel like watching? Comedy? Romance? Action?" He already had the remote, which she was cool with considering he'd lived on her couch for nearly a week, but she still felt the need to ask to be a good host.

Ethan unbuttoned the first few along his collar, loosened his cuffs and then finally leaned back into the corner of the couch, just to realize even after that ridiculously delicious dinner, he was feeing snackish. "Comedy, I guess? Dumb and dumbers on, white chicks, Chevy Chase," He just clicked on the first one, deciding they could change it if she hated them. Ethan had watched these movies enough times with Rae to have them memorized, though he'd leave that fact out permanently.

"Damn, can you believe I still want something to eat?" He rose up from the couch, just as she walked in and plopped down beside him. Ethan cast a glance over his shoulder, grinning a little, "Cute outfit." He actually wished he had something comfortable to change into, but he didn't keep his own drawer around here yet.

"Got anything to munch on? I swear I'll replace it," He told her, and wandered into her kitchen.

"Comedy is good," Charlotte agreed and then laughed, listening to Ethan say that he was hungry. "No, because I kind of want something too. Like something salty," She told honestly with a little giggle. She smirked a little bit to herself when he complimented her lack of an outfit and then pushed herself up from the couch. "You just like my buuuutttttt," She sang teasingly as she shuffled into the kitchen behind him.

"I have potato chips," She suggested,"And you don't have to replace them. It's not a big deal. I have soda too. I can get it." She hummed as she walked over to the pantry and pulled it open. She bent over, sorted through the various cereal boxes and bags of whatever to get to the Lays in the back. She pulled them out, then whirled around,"Ta daaaaa," She sang, gesturing to the nearly full bag.

Ethan pursed his lips into a thin line kind of smile, temped to throw a comeback her way, but far too worried about screwing something up. Most men didn't worry about the disrespect, but his years with a certain someone had taught him words like hot and references to purely physical things didn't always make a girl feel good, in fact it could be perceived as insulting. She was dead on though, whether she meant to be or not; her body made his head swim, he just had this odd kind of guilt or respect that kept him from saying so.

"Don't tease me Lottie," He joked lightly, though that boy train had become hooked on the topic, and he was having a bit of an internal tug of war as she bent over, and he could have kicked himself for checking her out full throttle. Was he a creep or an admirer? Regardless, when she'd started to swoop back upwards and show him the chips he'd just given in, taking the bag and tossing it towards the couch before placing a hand on one side of the counter, leaning in, cupped her face and planting a kiss that held an urgency that'd been building since he first met her in the hallway. And it felt fucking amazing. Even if a follow up slap came, he was kind of proud of himself for doing it.

"Maybe I like being a tease," Charlotte remarked with a playful yet innocent pout on her lips although she knew exactly what she was doing. She was acting like an other typical girl who had a huge crush on some guy they thought was totally out of their league. Ethan was a ball player with a shit ton of friends that came from a successful family while she was a small town girl who was new to the city and probably blind to a lot of things that he knew and she didn't. Either way, it was still fun to play the game.

She raised an eyebrow when Ethan grabbed the chips and tossed them to the couch. Good arm, like she was surprised or something. Baseball was the kids life. What she hadn't been expecting though was how fast he trapped her against the counter and put his lips to her's. Her heart fluttered and her eyes shut, taking in the heat of the moment and they way that he kissed her like he'd been wanting to kiss her for ages. Was that even possible? Her hands moved from being limp at her sides to around his neck as they kissed. It wasn't like a hardcore makeout session but it was obvious that two of them had been wanting it. She was just glad that she hadn't been crazy when she thought that she'd felt some tension between them, mostly today. With all her thigh touching and his arm around her and holding hands. She felt such a kid with all the hints that she dropped. That aside, the kiss was perfect. It was one of those kisses where everything seemed to just feel right and she'd probably pop her foot if she wasn't standing against the counter.

Though the words rested on his tongue, his lips were far too occupied to part. It was the kind of indulgence he'd been looking for, and when she reciprocated the affections that'd given him the satisfaction of being permitted to continue. And he did. Several, smaller kisses and a few grins in between he'd finally decided suffocating her wasn't the most chivalrous way to go about things, though their foreheads touched and he let his blue eyes finally meet hers in a more (much craved) intimate way. She was just too beautiful, especially as he was finally close enough to take the time and admire.

"I'm not sorry," Was the first thing that came out, which surprised him a little but daaaamn it felt good to admit. He really wasn't, not in the slightest. "Unless regretting I did make a move sooner counts. Definitely wishing I'd done that sooner." He laughed a little and drew back just a bit, though he would have carried her to the couch if he didn't think that'd give her the wrong impression.

(We can skip after this oooor)

After a rather short night of eating junk food and watching a movie and a half of comedies, Charlotte and Ethan had fallen asleep comfortably on the couch together. Well, it wasn't as comfortable as her bed but she didn't think it was appropriate to offer that just yet.

At around eight she started to shift a little in Ethan's arm, her chest to his back. She opened her eyes and they first saw the idling Netlfix screen and then grinned a little bit when she saw Ethan's hand, which was considerably larger than her own, hanging over her side.

She carefully slid from his grip and stood up from the couch, stretching her arms up above her head before slinking off to her bathroom. She took her hair out of her ponytail and combed it out, then brushed her teeth and washed her face to get rid of last nights makeup. She still thought she looked pretty good without all the cake although she was pretty sure she looked five years younger. She dried her hands and face on a towel then headed out to the living room, deciding on whether or not to cook breakfast. She wanted to and be all sweet when Ethan woke up but she also didn't want to wake him up so instead she stood between the kitchen and the living room just watching him sleep. So creepy but he was so damn cute...

~

Carter was lights-out, passed out, snoring asleep, laying on his back with an arm behind Rae's body. The two of them had had quite the night. He had no idea how good it was going to feel to finally get all the sexual frustration and tension out that he'd been dealing with for all this time. Amazing didn't even cover it. Not only did they go once but they went for a round two, which he totally suggested with all his touching and kissing but she didn't seem to mind. Either way, it was obvious as to way he was still out cold.

They'd had a long day between being chased by something and then their romantic endeavor. He could only hope that the day went better this time because he really did want to give Rae the romantic getaway she deserved at least this once because after last night, he wasn't sure if he'd ever set food in the woods again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back