• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crazy things when you're in love

Charlotte rubbed the chapstick in on her lips as as she leaned forward towards the mirror in her bathroom to get a better look at her makeup. She didn't wear much, just foundation, power, and a crap ton of mascara, but she was still a perfectionist and wanted to make sure that it looked as flawless as it could. Determining that it was good enough, she left the bathroom, flicking off the light and headed over to her bed where she slipped on her flipflops which were sitting by her night stand. It was summer time in the city and wearing as least clothes as possible seemed to be the way to go. She checked her outfit in the mirror, a pair of high-waisted and distressed shorts and a bustier-like white and pink top.

She grabbed her small black purse, keys, and phone, then headed out of her apartment, locking the door behind her. She was newer to the town. She'd moved here from her dull town about three weeks ago and still didn't know where anything was. The only things that she'd really done was enroll for the fall semester in the community college to make sure that she didn't run out of time and begin applying for a bunch of jobs. She had enough money in the bank to last her probably another month of rent, bills, and necessities, so she was hoping to get a call soon.

She wasn't sure what she was going to do today but she thought that breakfast might be a good place to start. She wanted to try something new... Which was basically everything other than the McDonald's on the corner. She pressed the button to the elevator to go down, then crossed her arms as she waited, looking around the dully decorated hallway.

~

Carter was coming up the back staircase from the parking garage. It was a mere ten in the morning and he was just getting home... He'd gone out last night, which had proven to be an absolutely terrible idea. Things had work had been really stressful and so when the guys invited him to go out to the bar, he thought that it sounded like an awesome idea. Wrong. He'd drank more than his body could probably handle and ended up passed out at his friend's house on the floor. He felt like absolute shit with a hangover. His head was pounding and he'd already thrown up twice because his body was trying to get all of the hard liquor out of his body. He just wanted to curl up and die.

He pulled the door open to the second floor and walked in, making his way to his apartment door which was the last one from the elevator. He unlocked it using the key on the keychain, then walked inside. He sighed deeply as he headed for the kitchen. He really needed a burger or something but he didn't have his car. He'd taken a cab home. He ditched whatever was in his pockets and put it on the counter top then walked over to the fridge and grabbed himself a water bottle. He leaned back on a counter as a chugged it down.

Unfortunately, this wasn't too weird for Carter. He was use to feeling like shit after crazy nights at least once a month. He tried to justify it with saying that it was better than partying every weekend but deep down he knew that it wasn't the case. At least when he use to party frequently, he didn't get blackout drunk. Only tipsy enough to feel good.

Ethan came sweeping through the apartment, swiping his essentials with impressive haste, though everything he did was relatively quiet, like he didn't want to announce his departure. He tucked his phone between his jaw and his shoulder, listening intently to a voicemail, a heads up and reminder that the gang was meeting up at Lenny's backyard for a pool party tonight, and would love to see him there. With his hand on the knob, he paused an glanced up at Carter, completely indifferent about his lethargic state as he told him, "Let her know I won't be back till late tonight, alright?"

And without a hitch, he'd locked the door behind him, instantly feeling the obligations lift and leaving behind his masculine Axe aroma. Jingling his keys as he hastened his steps, he could hear the elevator coming up and didn't want to miss it, the thing was so damn slow.

He slipped his phone into his pocket and pulled out his sunglasses, wiping them on fhs black fabric of his blazer whilst he slowed to a stop just outsis the doors, and offered a perfectly white smile to a woman beside him he could only describe as lovely. "Haven't seen you around. I'm Ethan, I... Think we might be neighbors."

---

Her shower had been Ethan's chance to escape questioning, and as she poked her head out of the bathroom, her brown eyes fell to see he'd already left. He'd made the habit of sly departures lately, though she wasn't the type to nag and just let the disappointment build like residue on an old window seel. Steam emanated into the bedroom as she slipped into a little black romper, accompanied with sandals and a messy ponytail. When she came into the hallway, she offered Carter a sympathetic smile, though her solemn eyes seemed to follow the wafting scent of his cologne, right towards the door.

Gone again. How long this time?

"Morning handsome. Over do it again?" She asked him, and made her way into the kitchen, pulling out the blender, two slabs of ribeye and a few sides. She wasn't the best cook, but she knew the basics, as well as what Carter needed during his infamous hangovers. "It's my day off, looks like you're stuck with me!"

Charlotte looked up from the carpet, where she'd been studying it's pattern as if it was the most interesting thing and over to the voice that she heard beside her. She smiled, seeing that it was a rather attractive man. Like, really attractive. "Yeah, I think so. I'm in C8... I'm Charlotte," She told him. She was pretty sure that she'd seen him briefly either coming or going. Subconsciously, she ran a hand through her pale purple and white hair, as if to make sure that nothing was out of place to make sure that she looked good for her first impression.

Ethan. She liked that. His blue eyes to die for too.

She looked forward when the elevator doors opened and stepped inside, moving towards the buttons. "Lobby or parking garage?" She guessed, pressing the lobby button for herself. She would've gone to the parking garage but she felt like walking today because she knew that there was quite a few places to go that she could walk to. She liked getting out and seeing nature and the world. That was the whole reason that she'd moved. To get a new start. At home, she would've stuttered at any guy who was remotely attractive but she was determined to be different here.

~

Carter grinned a little bit, watching Rae waltz into his apartment and into the kitchen. "Extremely," He informed her with a little nod. He walked over to his trashcan and tossed his water bottle, then walked over towards his friend and jumped up on the counter beside her. He looked over at whatever she was making and grinned a little bit. Wifey material. "Shit," He cursed jokingly with a smirk at the remark of him being stuck with her.

He wouldn't want to be stuck with anyone else though. He was stupidly in love with Rachel. He had been for a while too and he thought it was obvious but he refused to actually say it out loud. He hated Ethan with a burning passion. He was cocky and annoying and thought that Rae deserved far better... Like himself. He'd be a great boyfriend.

"Your fuckboy told me to tell you he wasn't coming home until late," He informed Rae with a smirk on his face,"I hope he cheats on you so you'll dump his pathetic ass." He braced himself for a slap, knowing that Rachel hated when he talked shit, which happened about on a daily basis. He couldn't help it. He deserved it.

Parking garage, he thought, it was a habit, pressing that same button every morning. He never went in the lobby, he had absolutely no reason to go to the lobby-

"-The lobby," He offered a grin as he stepped inside, slipping his hands into his pockets and watching the hallway disappear behind closing doors. "Welcome to the neighborhood, then. Are you new to the city, too? I doubt you need it, but if you're looking for a tour guide, I could show you some of the better places. Ones that won't give you food poisoning or over charge."

What am I doing? Charisma wasn't fare with him, but he hadn't really talked to another woman in... A years time, at least.

"The Starbuck's here is crowded, but their cinnamon rolls are crazy," He added, and watched the numbers decrease from floor to floor. "And Corner Bakery? Amaaaazing."

Rae loves it there, why don't you take her?

---

"That's a little harsh, don't you think?" She sighed deeply and flipped the meat over once, twice, and then set a lid on the pan. She'd always expressed her distaste for Carter's dislike towards Ethan, but today, she just didn't have it in her, 'cause her pessimistic side was screaming his words were true, and cheating was likely to happen.

"I'd like to think he wouldn't do that, but he's really going out of his way to be gone. And here I thought I was irresistible," She mustered a little laugh and paused as the thin slices of meat finished cooking. Man, this was not how she wanted things to go; open herself up, give her best and for what? Underappreciation? Abandonment?

After serving up a steaming plate, she set it on the counter beside Carter, and gently placed her hand on his cheek, noticing his eyes seemed heavy and a little dark around the edges. "Need an asprin or something? You look as wasted as I feel. No offense."

Charlotte grinned when he said that he answered the lobby as well. She stepped away from the buttons and leaned against the wall as he began to talk.

There's no way this is happening...

It would be absolutely insane if the first person that she really met was some extremely handsome man who was actually offering to show her around. Maybe her boobs just looked really great or something.

"Actually, that would be really nice. I actually just moved here a few weeks ago and I don't know where anything else. I'm from, like, 500 miles from here," She told him with a little laugh before continuing,"But I might have to try to Corner Bakery. I was actually hoping to get some breakfast.

Part of her really hoped that he invited himself along because she really had no idea where it was and he seemed like a great guy. If this was actually going to happening, she'd get to know the city and a guy. She hadn't had a boyfriend in.. Well. Ever? Okay, she dated this one guy in high school for like a year but it wasn't anything that she saw going far. She'd never been huge into relationships, actually. It'd probably be nice to have a boyfriend but she'd never been one of those girl who just sat around waiting for her knight in shining armor.

~

Carter smirked and shrugged. "No," He answered simply,"I just think that you deserve better. And you know that.." He felt like at least once every time they saw each other he had to remind her about how much of an ass he was. He knew it was mean but he honestly felt like she could do way better. The guy was skipping out on her whenever she wasn't looking so that he didn't have to tell her. That had to say something.

"You're extremely irresistible, love. I'd tap that," He told her with a smile and a wink. He knew that she'd take it as a joke, but he meant it. The girl was hot. Ethan was stupid for getting bored with her.

He sighed happily at the smell of meat that filled the kitchen and grinned excitedly when Rae brought him a plate. He laughed a little bit and then nodded. "Do I really look that rough?.. Yeah. I feel like shit," He admitted. Asprin would probably do him well. He reached over and tucked some hair out of her face with a little grin, looking her in the eye. It was a simple gesture but with her hand on his cheek and the silence, he felt like there was a shit ton of tension right after he did it, so he just laughed a little bit and tried to play it off.

Mention Rae, don't give her the wrong idea!

"Not a native, then? I grew up here, I think I know every alley back door by now. It's a little overwhelming, but if you know where the hot spots are, you're set," He told her, and as the elevator came to the lobby, he gestured for her to step out before him.

He'd never not mentioned his relationship status right off the bat. Six months ago, he'd have been flaunting it around and proudly. But right now? He was really fighting the revealing. Was that a jerk move? It's not like he was hitting on her or taking her to dinner, right? Just a walk in the city, maybe breakfast-

"Yeah? We'll hit that then- if you don't care about me coming along, I go that way anyways. I'm kind of a coffee addict," He fought the urge to cringe as his mind added, yeah, you always go that way, in your car, on your way to work, and didn't you tell Rae you'd take it easy on the caffeine?

Fine, I'll get decaf, he wrestled with his conscious a little more before finally, he knew he had to say something. He may have been distant, but he wasn't a cheating sleezeball. "My girlfriend and I used to go there a lot," He added casually. "She probably would have loved to show you around, but we're not really talking lately."

I blame Carter, he thought childishly. Though it's true, they were basically unspoken rivals.

---

"Thanks, I think?" Oblivious to his hinting, she waltzed back over to the pantry and searched devotedly through the few assorted bottles she had. He knew she disliked his drinking habits, blacking out in God knows where and basically destroying his kidneys. Just like Ethan knew she disapproved of his workaholic nature and Superbowl celebrations. But did anyone listening to the badgering woman? No, of course not. Yet she loved them both, regardless.

"Really though. When are you gonna bring over some platinum blonde hussie, so I can tear her down and tell you all the reasons she's wrong for you?" She told him jokingly, and placed two little tablets and another water bottle in his hands. "It's nice to have some company, even if they're not around so much..." She more so mumbled the last part, and subconsciously turned her little promise ring around and around her finger.

Charlotte nodded as she stepped out of the elevator. "I'm sure it'll get easier. Google Maps has been my best friend though," She admitted with a little laugh. She basically knew where the mall, Walmart, a gas station, and a tiny shopping area was. The necessities, she supposed.

She smiled like a complete idiot when he said "we". No, shit.. This is happening.. "No, yeah. Of course. I'd really appreciate it actually," She told him. It'd be nice to have him to point out things along the way. She walked through the lobby and out the front door and then waited for him to start walking so that she could follow. She hadn't even thought about asking if it was far. She was too caught up in talking and trying not to stare at him for too long even though that was really hard given his crazy good looks.

It seemed as though her smile went as fast as it had came. No, this shit really isn't happening. Of course he had a girlfriend. Why wouldn't he? All the good ones were always taken... But then he mentioned that they weren't talking. Hm. Well, that was good, right? Good for her. Bad for him.

"Oh," She said, looking over at him,"I'm sorry to hear that... Maybe I'll get to meet her though." She wasn't sure what else to say on the matter considering she didn't have any experience with fighting with a significant other and she didn't either know either of them. It was probably a good thing that he'd said something though, before she accidentally flirted and really embarrassed herself.

~

Carter let out a sigh, watching as Rachel moved away without even a blink. She seriously had no idea. What? Did he have to write "I love you" in the sky? He smirked and shook his head, taking the tablets and tossing them into his mouth. He washed them down with the water before answering her. "Not really a relationship guy. Wouldn't want to end up like you anyways," He responded with raised eyebrows raised. Okay, that one was mean.

He took another drink from his water before putting it down and getting off the counter. "Rae, I just want you to be happy and you're obviously not with him. That's why I'm so mean about it. I mean seriously," He told her as he picked up the fork on the plate,"He gave you that-" He gestured to the ring she was messing with "-, what? A really long time ago? And has he even hinted towards actually asking you to marry him?" He picked up a piece of meat with his fork and took a bite before continuing. "I'm just saying, you're over here way more often than you use to be. And I'm totally cool with it but it's obvious that something is wrong."

He didn't know how else to put it. He just wanted her to see things from his point of view. She use to talk about how great the guy was and how she was so happy and now he was more like He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-So-We-Don't-Ruin-The-Good-Mood.

Locations.jpg

Though the truth had been relieving, and saved him from every sitcom plot twist he could think of, he quickly turned the conversation around. The last thing he wanted to talk about was the situation he was stuck in, he'd rather avoid it like the paper work sitting mockingly on his desk.

Walking the streets absolutely hadn't been on his agenda today, and by the time they made it to the crosswalk underneath the blaring sun he'd slipped his blazer off, and his shades on, his hand light on her back as he walked beside her across the street. "So, Corner bakery," He gestured to one of the buildings nestled within the old timey shop line up, along various boutiques and a pet groomers set up.

"My treat, if you don't mind? She's not the jealous type, no drama there," He held the door open for her, and suddenly got a flash of his senior year. Single, charming and obligation free- including Rae on his little outing was such a downer! For both of them, probably.

---

apartment-kitchen-ideas-stunning-small-apartment-decoration-ideas-pertaining-to-nice-inspiration-modern-and-charming-kitchen-apartment.jpg

Being vulnerable like she was and hit with a remark like that stung like hot grease, but she swallowed it down and reminded herself Carter was the closest person to her, he didn't mean. Entirely. "Carter..." she sighed, but he was already on a role.

She scrubbed at the pan in the sink whilst he indulged, a little harder than necessary, trying to focus on the bubbles rather than his words. She blinked a few times, but didn't bother wiping her rheumy eyes- they were past this, he'd seen her cry, it wasn't anything new.

"...I really, really wanna get married," She told him, her lips twitching a little. "I'm not hard to talk to, I don't scream, I don't hound, I'm not a feminist and all crazy like that. I don't see what the hell he's avoiding, it's childish and I don't have time for games. Why can't he talk to me like you and I talk? Why can't he just sit down and game with me for six hours straight instead of slaving at some samn stadium till two in the morning?"

Charlotte couldn't help but bit her lip and grin a little bit when he put his hand on her lower back. It was a totally casual thing and it didn't mean anything but it made her smile. That just showed how absolutely deprived of love she was. Getting giddy over a hand on her back. Pathetic. He has a girlfriend, she kept reminding herself.

"Aw, it's so cute!" She cooed, seeing that cute overhangs that it had. She walked through the door he opened for her and looked in his direction with a little grin. "If you insist. It's not necessary though- thank you," She told him honestly. She'd planned on paying for her own food anyways, being that she left the house thinking she'd be on her own for another day.

Even if he did have a girlfriend, it was honestly just nice to have someone to talk to other than her best friend whom she texted every day back in her home town. As much as she missed her friends and family, she didn't miss the place itself. She was more than excited to be doing her own thing in a new place. She just needed to get more comfortable with the whole idea.

~

Carter raised an eyebrow at what she had to say. "Because he's not me," He answered simply when she listed off how they talked and played games. He actually gave Rae attention and aimed to make her happy unlike Ethan who was obviously more interested in a promotion than buying his girlfriend a new ring. He took another bite of his food and then looked over at Rae who was now obviously upset with what he had to say. Good. It was working.

He walked over to her and switched on the sink to rinse off her hands, then turned it off and turned her to face him. Wiping his tears, he sighed softly. "You're a perfect girl and he's treating you like you don't even exist, Rae. Why would you want to get married to that?" He asked,"You said you don't have time for it and yet you're sitting around putting it up with it. The Rae I know wouldn't put up with shit. So, if you're serious about him.. You're going to have to be the one to sit him down."

Ugh. Giving her relationship advice and comforting her made him cringe. He really just wanted to break the guys neck and call it a day. He was sure that Ethan had his good days because otherwise Rae really would have left him but she did, so something had to be there, right? He just wanted her to be happy and if that meant being with some tool, then whatever. He couldn't do anything about it.

Aw, it's so cute!

His girlfriend rarely talked like that, and when she did, it was about the oddest things, like the snakes she liked to visit in the exotic pet shop out of town. At one point, it'd been compelling, but to see the feminine traits Charlotte had- a little more curve, greater sense of style, and a disposition that seemed a little less introspective, and more laid back and fun... It momentarily made him question Rae.

But he couldn't really be so deprived of a flare that he starts comparing his year and a half long girlfriend to a stranger neighbor, right? That's just not fair. And... Irrevocably true.

"Latte for two," He told rhs kid behind the counter, and scrutinized the menu hanging overhead, though he wasn't really that interested. Honestly, he was a little excited. Was that normal? Or pathetic?

"So, Charlotte..." Her name rolled off his tongue with ease, "What made you move sum'five hundred miles away? Can't be easy on your parents, or your boyfriend."

No, he did not just inadvertantly check her status. Okay. Maybe. Kinda.

---

"But, that's just it, I'm not... Serious... About him. Like, I don't have a Pinterest board devoted to our wedding, I don't have pictures of us all over the place, just a few on my phone, really." She laughed a little, and leaned against the counter beside him, somewhat against him.

"I think... I'm more reluctant to just... Starting over and allll that bullshit than I am breaking up with him. Introduction, fire date, getting to know the family," She sounded exhausted as she listed them off, snatching his water bottle and downing a swig. "The apartment contract is up in two months though, so at least I'm not legally tied to... Oh, my God, what am I saying?"

And like that, she'd spun around, taken both his hands and asked, "Do you wanna get out of here? Like, just fucking drive somewhere and do whatever?" Those words were far from her vast vocabulary, but wanderlust had hit her, and she needed a break. "If you're sick, I get it, but... I think I need a long drive out somewhere."

Charlotte smiled over at Ethan. "It was boring, honestly. My parents still have my younger sister though. And my boyfriend doesn't mind much.... Considering he's nonexistent," She informed him with a little laugh.

She looked back up at the menu and her lip slightly as she thought about what would be good to get. Pretty much anything sounded good considering how hungry she was. "What's good here?" She asked him curiously, looking back in his direction. She figured he'd have some good suggestions.

Her pale blue eyes traced over his facial features as she waited. There was something so.. Manly about him. She could think he was good looking, right? That was fine. Just as long as she behaved. It wasn't like she was one to be a homewrecker though. She didn't even date single boys.

~

Carter looked at Rae with a completely confused look on his face. If she wasn't invested in him then why was she with him? Damn. He really didn't understand girls. She was literally saying that she wasn't really interested in anything long term with him but would stick around and be with him because she didn't want to have to go through with the ordeal of dating. Maybe she could just get a cat and be his friend. He'd be good with that...

He didn't even have time respond to her little rant about him because then she was suggesting them to take a roadtrip. He didn't skip a beat though. "Are you driving or am I?" He asked her with a little smile. He was sure that they could find something to do, somewhere. His hangover could deal with the drive. The air would probably do him some good actually. He let go of her hands and walked towards his bedroom. "Just let me change and stuff," He said to her.

He opened his dresser and grabbed a pair of cut-offs and a black t-shirt, then began to change. "What did you have in mind? Like, the beach or like an amusement park or camping?" He asked her from the other room as he pulled off his shirt and unbuttoned last night's jeans. Actually, getting out of town sounded really good.

In comparison to you, or just in general?

Nope, too lame, too inviting. No boyfriend, huh? A shame. For her, but not so much for him. Damn, what was he thinking?

"Mmm, better question, what isn't?" With a laugh that caught a few peoples attention, he continued, reaching out a hand and drawing her near the counter. "Parfaits, anything cinnamon, the maple bars practically melt in your mouth- unless you're a calorie girl, then they've got a fruit salad and iced teas with organic sugar..."

"I... Spend a lot of time here, if the pay was better, I'd probably work here," He grinned and gestured to the menu as if it were the gates of haven, reveling in the lighter atmosphere and trying not to observe the endearing way she bit her bottom lip. "We can split something and save a buck, unless... That's weird, I'd get it."

---

"Mmm, would you mind? If you feel sick I'll take over," She denied her introspective tendancies, the observant mind that'd remind her she was running from her problems this way, and was in turn, no better than Ethan. But why the hell should she stay and make both herself and Carter miserable? There was a world out there, and she needed to leave hers behind a while.

"The beach, definitely. Why can't everyone just jump in a car and drive out of the city with me like you do?" She snorted sarcastically, "Not like that's unconventional or anything!"

Ethan was a planner, he couldn't just drop everything on a dime and leave for a week like she could, and used to quite often. Be disliked her spontaneous tendancies, though in the beginning that was part of why he loved her. Then. Rae was in and out of her room like a whirlwind, her swimsuit tugged on underneath her romper, and the towels and sunscreen already packed. "I'll bring the cash, maybe we can eat out somewhere decent..."

Charlotte laughed mostly just because Ethan laughed. It was cute. "Mm, it all sounds really good," She told him honestly, tilting her head to the side to look up at the menu again. She rubbed her lips together in thought and then smiled, looking over at him. "No, yeah! We should do that. Surprise me," She agreed to sharing something. She didn't think it was weird. She never really finished anything either.

She laughed a little bit and looked away, thinking maybe she was being a little bit too enthusiastic about this whole breakfast adventure they were having. She took a half step towards the counter and took the two lattes that the cashier gave them and handed one to Ethan with a grin. "I'll go grab us a seat," She suggested before turning and walking in the direction of the seating. She snagged a table near the windows and took a seat in one of the two seats, looking outside.

It looked beautiful out. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the city was buzzing. Everything was going pretty damn great, if you asked her.

~

Carter nodded. "Of course," He agreed to driving. He didn't really mind. He could drive. He'd worked with a hangover so just hanging out would be a piece of cake. He chuckled at her observation and shook his head. "Because I'm one of a kind, sweetcheeks," He remarked playing with a smile.

While Rae went back to her room, he changed into board shorts rather than the jean cutoffs and put on his shirt, then went to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth, but on some deodorant, and then some cologne. He really wanted to take a shower but he supposed that if he'd be in the ocean and in the sun, it really didn't matter.

He walked back out with a change of clothes in hand, then walked over to the counter and grab the things that he'd dumped out earlier. He picked up his wallet, keys, and phone then smiled over at Rae when she came back and held his extra clothes out to her, assuming that she'd get the message and put them in her bag for him.

"Well come on then. We're wasting daylight here, people!" He encouraged, walking right back to the door and opening it for her.

All in all, Rae was stoked to be leaving, and with Carter, as long as they kept Ethan at a distance, their day would be tension free and awesome, guaranteed. Being the chatterbox she could be, she bounced and indulged the whole elevator ride down, her voice echoing in the lot. "We haven't done anything just us two in forever! We can check out the boardwalk, grab an ice cream, graze the antique shops, buy some new sunglasses..."

Though her boyfriend was still on her mind, oppressed and disguised, but latched onto her heart like a blatant, discolored bruise. She couldn't tell Carter that she really was in love with Ethan, 'cause when he asked, she just wasn't sure; but the ache was there, and their bed felt lonely...

...And it hit her like a train collision when she saw his car still in the lot, that shiny Mercedes with the envious silver glint. She paused on their way to Carter's, a bit of a chill clasping her heart before she whipped out her phone and texted him. "Wonder why his car's here," She mumbled, and sighed as she pressed send. "Don't tell me he's been lying about going to work..."

Why's your car still here? Didn't go to work today?

---

"I'll take one of every little pastry you've got- Brownie, Cinnabon, cupcake, banana nut muffin," As he listed the breakfast bites, the cashier typed them in quickly, a little surprised, but equally as enthused. "Will that be all?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Within moments, the tray of warm, chewy delights had been placed at their table, and following that, Ethan sat down across from her, still grinning and mirroring that odd excitement she had. For a moment, he'd gotten whisked away in a flashback- Himself and Rae, at a similar seat, her by the window, adorned in the sunlight- But it didn't give him a spark, ignite a flame, or anything. And all too soon, her ghostly remembrance dissolved into Charlotte, and he found himself staring for a moment, before he straightened up and cleared his throat.

"Went a little overboard," He admitted sheepishly. "Might as well try everything, right? Trust me, the city has a million different things to eat. Nothing really does it for me like the Cinnabon, though-"

He felt his phone vibrate and glanced at the screen indifferently, responding with a straight nope before sliding it back in his pocket. "Anyways..."

Carter laughed, listening to an excited Rae all the way down to the parking garage and outside. "We should get t-shirts and pizza too," He suggested with a chuckle,"So we can remember the time we actually did something together and... Pizza is good."

He walked along with her towards his car but stopped when Rae did. "What? Did you?..." He began to ask but stopped when he saw her looking at a car. His stupid, expensive, obnoxious car. Ethan's. But he'd definitely seen him leave and he said he'd be late. So why would he leave his car? He looked over at Rae when she pulled out her phone and let out a small sigh. "Maybe he just walked or something. Apparently saving the Earth is like a "thing" now," He told her with a little grin, trying to lighten up the situation.

When he'd said that he hoped that Ethan was cheating on her, he hadn't actually meant that. Now he felt like an ass for saying it. Not that he was cheating on her or anything it was just... Weird that he'd leave his car. He frowned and grabbed Rae by the hand, basically pulling her along.

"I'm sure everything is fine," He assured her with a smile as he opened up the passenger side door to his old Mustang. She got in with a pouty little look on her face and he shut the door after her, then walked around to his side and got in. He started up the car and pulled out of his space, then headed towards the exit, wanting to get the hell out of there as fast as he could.

~

Charlotte's eyes shifted from the view outside the window and town to the trey of multiple goodies that had been placed there. "Wow. This all looks really good," She commented, looking up at Ethan with a smile on her lips. She expected him to say something but there was nothing. Just a blank stare which caused her to furrow her eyebrows. Was there something on her face.

In a second though, he cleared his throat and sat up as if he'd been in some trace and began talking like he hadn't even heard her. She brushed it all aside though and smiled as he began to talk about how she should try anything, only to be interrupted by a text. In the meantime, she reached over and broke a piece of the banana nut muffin. She smiled innocently when he looked back at her and popped it into her mouth.

She chewed and studied him. Once she'd swallowed, she washed it down with the latte, which was awesome might she add. "Everything alright?" She asked him curiously, seeing that he looked a little preoccupied,"If you have to go, I won't be mad or anything, you know." She just didn't want him to be ignoring his girlfriend or friend or plans because he'd suggested that he show her around. It'd been super last minute after all.

(I switched for a sec, for the sake of alighning the texts, but we can go back if you want. Didn't want to confuse you!)

~

"I missed this hunk'a metal, it's got that worn feel, kinda like a second home," Rae finally said when he'd pulled out onto the street, not sparing the lot a second glance. "When was the last time we were in here?" She paused for a moment, and then popped open the glove compartment, grinning as she found a pack of M&Ms she'd left in there months ago. "Ohhh, the birthday cake kind! Think they're still good?"

Though she offered a smile, her heart was racing to catch up with them, stretching as it tried to let go of what a woman could take as implications, and what the left behind car really could mean, if anything at all. She rested her head against the window, letting the rumble of tires coax her into a light, lax state. "So... How's... Work?" Following that was another genuine laugh, "I suck. I'm sorry. Work. Ew."

---

"What? Oh, no, sorry. Super rude," He shook his head profusely, reaching over and breaking a piece off of a fudge brownie, discreetly shutting off his phone to prevent distractions. "No, she just bugs me every now and then. I promised I'd show you around, didn't I? Seriously, it's no problem."

"You know, if you're looking to meet some city natives, a friend of mine is throwing a huge pool party at his place- Up in the heights, the views amazing, and his girlfriends a chef so the food is amazing. We're not drunks, and no one smokes anything, just a bunch of people I grew up with. Basically, my whole sixth grade class, eight years later, and my little league team, same time jump," He met her endearing gaze for a moment, entirely genuine. "Girlfriend doesn't like to swim, so she's not coming. Thought you might like to see what the other side of the cities like, a little less humble, and a lot more lively. Just saying, though. I'm a tough guy, if you say no, I'll brush it off and crylater," He winked afterwards.

True, Rae disliked swimming, she kind of had a phobia he thought she'd get past, but never did. However, she actually didn't know about this party, nor had he brought her to the last three on his childhood block. Rae had a little social anxiety, and tended to want to curl up at home and talk, instead of heading out and meeting a ton of new people.

(oh no, youre fine!)

~

Carter laughed a little bit, listening to her. The car really was a sleeper. The paint was scratched and peeling in some places and it was definitely worn it, but he loved it nonetheless. It was his heap of metal that was fine to drive particularly fast in. He laughed, watching her open up the glovebox. "Shows how much I clean this thing out," He pointed out with the shake of his head before shrugging,"I mean, probably? They're M&M's. Do proceeded things even have expiration dates?"

He pulled onto the street and headed in the direction of the beach. He'd have to take the freeway for the majority, so that wasn't too fun, but spending the day at the beach would hopefully be. He gagged jokingly when she brought up work and laughed. "Why do you think I went out last night?" He asked her jokingly. It was really stressful though.

"The last time we went to the beach, I got stung by a jellyfish," He remembered out loud before laughing. It had been really lame. It wasn't even cool. Like he hadn't been out far surfing. He gone in like two week, then went to go back to grab the foam football they were using and stepped on one that washed off. It hurt like a bitch too.

~

Charlotte grinned a little bit, watching as Ethan quickly apologized. She really didn't find it to be rude or anything. She just wanted to make sure he wasn't missing out on something important. "If you say so," She told him simply with a smile,"This is all really good by the way. Thank you a lot for breakfast." She leaned forward and broke off another piece of one of the treats and took a bite.

She basically beamed at the idea of going to a pool party with Ethan. She needed to get out and meet some new people. It was totally out of her comfort zone but she felt like if Ethan invited her to go, he must've thought that she could handle getting to know his friends. It also meant a lot that he'd even offer. She laughed and then smiled and nodded,"I'd love to go actually," She agreed to the invitation, tucking some hair behind her tear.

It would give her an opportunity to see more of the city, meet new people, show off her swimsuit body, and spend more time with Ethan. How on Earth could she pass that up? "Are you sure they won't mind me coming since they don't know me and stuff, I wouldn't want to intrude.." She pointed out, just wanting to double check. If they were anything like Ethan though, so doubted that they'd mind. He seemed like a really sweet guy.

"Oh, duh," She nodded, feeling lousy for bringing up work at all, though she always hoped he'd have a day better than the last. Neither of them were really cut out for the systematic lifestyle, were they? She popped an M&M in her mouth, biting down and making a hilarious face afterwards. "Ew, God, yes, they do expire. Or melt. Whatever."

"Mmm, I remember that, I was crying, scared me so bad. Surfing is scary, I swear I'll never fall off a board again, nor will I trust teenagers to take me out in the water," They shared in the moment, laughing in unison before it trailed off, and for the sake of a little white noise, she rolled the window down a bit, but not by much.

"...Do you wanna split a room for the night? I know it's really sudden, but..." She gulped thickly, her head lulling to the right to better meet his gaze. "I don't want to come back, not... Tonight. I don't want to deal with anything, actually, I'm thinking about drinking something light, just... Relaxing for once."

---

"Intrude? Nooo, you?" He played it off as the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard, leaning back in his seat and inhaling the diverse aromas of every bread and coffee the bakery had to offer. "They'd love to have you over. We're kind of a close knit group, so everyone'll be stoked to have a fresh face, especially yours. Pretty people fit right in."

Wow, that slipped out effortlessly. His jaw clenched for a moment, but the mood remained light and he flashed that same, dashing grin again. "It starts at six, but no one ever makes it on time. So we can run around the city a bit, head back and change and I'll drive, unless you've got a ride?"

Later That Day

~

Carter was sitting in the sand just where the tide would wash up and touch his feet before retreating again. He was digging around through the sand, looking for little sandcrabs as the sun began to go down. They'd gotten to the beach early in the afternoon and had spent the first part of the day walking up and down the boardwalk, trying on stupid tourist things and eating anything deep fried or covered in sugar that they could find. It was nice to just sit down and relax though. It was what he needed. The ocean air was giving him some major nostalgia of when he use to come hang out here in high school. With Rae, mostly. Before they became adults and had responsibilities other than being home by curfew.

"We've literally been out here all day and you still haven't gone in past your shins," He remarked to Rae as he looked in her direction,"Just once. Before we leave. I'll even hold you." He knew that she wasn't big on swimming but he couldn't see how once wouldn't hurt, especially if he was there to catch her if she fell.

He looked back down at smiled. "Ah-ha!" He exclaimed as he pulled a sand crab from the small hole he was digging, just before the waves came up and re-filled the hole. "I found another one," He informed her, moving his hand over to her arm where he put it down to let it crawl,"That's like 27 for me and 15 for you. You suck at this.."

~

Charlotte was sitting on the second step that led into the pool of Ethan's friend's house with a beer in her hand. The view from the guy's backyard was spectacular. She was making conversation with some pretty short-haired brunette about the first few episodes of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Ethan had been totally right. They were all super welcoming and nice. They didn't even question her or seem to have cared that Ethan had make the choice to bring her along. They just handed her a drink and welcomed her to the party. It was really nice to feel like she had somewhere to be for once in the past three weeks that she'd been here. She was starting to second guess moving away from everyone but this was just proving that she'd made the right choice.

Her eyes wandered away from the girl and over to Ethan, who was standing on the deck with a few of his friends, talking and laughing. Sure, he had a girlfriend and all, but she couldn't help but think about how dreamy he was. He looked especially hot right now, shirtless with the sunset behind him. Beyond the looks, he was a real sweetheart. She wasn't sure if she'd ever laughed or smiled as hard as she had today. Even if today was the only and last time they hung out, she really appreciated it. She smiled at him when they locked eyes for a second and then looked back to her newly made friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I just feel bad when I pull them out of their little houses, they dangle so helplessly," She told him, startled when its cold little legs pricked her skin, and for that she slapped Carter lightly. She wasn't bothered much however, and extended her arm, turning it back and forth gently, depending on the crab's direction. "And what if I killed one? I'd just die if that happened. It's not like Bikini Bottom were everyone just..."

She'd gotten that look from him and knew she wasn't weasling out of what he had mentioned earlier. Water, more specifically, immersing herself in it; with the possibility of standing in it came the anxiety. "What if a tidal wave comes in and whisks us both out into some suffocating current? What if you get stung again and can't fight off the shark that bites my ankle? And if I trip over seaweed, or slip on seashells..."

She watched the sun glimmer off her ivory skin, and then its sherber hue along the sea line. She laid back for a moment, and sighed heavily. "...Fine, but if you let go I'll never forgive you!" And as she sprung up and took baby steps towards the waters edge, there was something in those words that hung true, though Carter never, ever disappointed her. Ethan's friends had managed to resurface her fear on their last beach trip, when the rode her out in a surfboard for the first time-- and then let go. Not a good day.

"Well? Come on! Hold my hand!"

---

Ethan had done the majority of the introducing, underlying friend though neither he or Charlotte really liked the reiterations; he'd parted ways with her once his closest friends showed up, but left her in the warm company of the ever amiable Nina, an upbeat brunette who basically reigned InstaQueen in this city, but could also throw a mean curve ball.

Amidst him were his elementary buddies onward: Gary, a wicked chess player who deemed himself a devout Potterhead, Frankie, bronze, blue eyed and one hell of a hitter, and Joseline, a red headed dog lover who aims to be a vet doctor. All in all, a unique and trustworthy group of friends; they all agreed Charlotte was cute and a total sweetheart, but basically had one question emanating off of them.

"So, how's Rae?" Gary asked, having been the closest to the brunette and, honestly, he didn't like Charlotte's presence. Nothing meant towards her directly, it was the significance of her showing up that bothered him.

"Fine," Ethan waved dismissively, and cast a sweet smile Charlotte's way when they locked eyes briefly.

"That's it? Fine?" Joss took a slurp of her drink.

"What do you want me to say? She's the same girl that came to the last party--"

"Six months ago. People change, apparently," Gary added, and adjusted his thin framed glasses along the bridge of Hus nose.

"And that means?"

"It means I think it's weird I'm talking to your girlfriend more than you."

"She never stops talking, not your fault you got sucked into it."

"Ouch!" Frankie laughed out loud, resting on a barstool though he was inclined enough to be a part of the conversation. "So you're obviously over her. Is she free?"

"Really Frank? God, don't be a pig," Joss rolled her eyes.

"Never have been, just though she could use someone a little more dedicated."

"Fuck off, Franko. We're still together."

"Then little miss Sunshine is free?"

"...Yes," Ethan mashed his cup and narrowed his blue eyes, unable to say more for risk of looking like a real jerk, and with that, Frankie grinned, brushed past him and strode over to Charlotte.

In no way was Frankie a jerk, he's an exemplary student, excellent member of the swim team, and does the housework for his mother. He hardly dates 'cause it's trouble, example? Ethan's circumstances. But this pretty young woman had an endearingly sweet sense about her, and he half wanted to urk Ethan so he'd make a choice and get out of the hole he was digging, and half genuinely wanted to sit next to her and strike up convo.

"Hey, Charlotte, right? I'm Frankie, Ethan's buddy," He held out a hand, sitting respectfully a few inches away from her, but not by too much.

"Buzz off Lautner," Nina said with a cheeky grin. "She'll catch your lame."

"Like a bullet!" He pretended to be shot, and made the recovery dramatic until Nina rolled her eyes playfully and told 'Char' she'd be back.

"So, you play basketball? We're about to have a game, there's a hoop set up on the other end of the pool, guys usually jump in and rough house, but if you're good..." he grinned, not really expecting her to join, though he had to say something.

---

"Look, I'm just... Showing her around, she lives next door and I-"

"Oh, God, you're showing the girl next door around town? Rae's not stupid, she'll be crushed when she finds out that's why you've been ditching!"

"She's not going to find out because it's not a secret," Ethan slammed his cup down and stalked off, but Gary stopped him in the process.

"Don't be a prick, Ethan. She's done a lot, for all of us, and she deserves to see what we see, that you're moving on." He told him, both of their eyes sharp.

"And what if I don't? What if I just let her figure it out on her own?"

"Then I will!"

And like that, Ethan had knocked Gary into the deep end of the pool, though he'd stumbled and fell in with him. Everyone else was clueless and thought it was the start of the game, so before the two could stand up and fight, everyone jumped in and shouted so loud it echoed though the hillside, two basketballs soaring through the air, and a sudden ring of lights illuminating the water in neon colors.

"It's not like we're suffocating them or something. They don't have to be in water and we always put them back.." Carter pointed out to her. He winced and laughed when she smacked him, then he shook his head.

His eyes narrowed on her, realizing what she was actually doing. Dancing around the fact that he'd suggested going into the water. She did it more than you'd think and pretty damn slyly too. She'd just carry on conversation as if you'd never said anything at all without skipping a beat. It was a talent, really. "You, sweetheart, overthink things far too much. If we get dragged out then we're dying together and we'll have a great time partying it up in heaven with Jesus and the disciples," He assured with a smirk. He knew that wouldn't happen. He wasn't asking her to swim a mile.

"I'll never let go," He told her simply. The line meant more to him than it would to her and that fact almost pissed him off. He'd been hanging on to the idea of being able to get a shot with Rae since he'd been 16-years-old. Sixteen! Eight years of hardcore crushing and the girl was still oblivious. He almost wished that he didn't care about their friendship as much as he did because then he would've just gone for the kill a long time ago. It was too late now though. She was with Ethan and talking about marriage... Ugh, cringe.

He watched as she stood up he smiled a little bit. The pink and orange blended sky and sun behind her, made it look like she was being outlined by this glowing white and when she turned around to yell at him to hurry along, a gust of wind came along and blew her brown hair back and away from her face. Why was she so damn pretty? Damn her!

He pushed himself up from the wet sand and walked past her, grabbing her hand as he did so. He laced their fingers together so he'd have a better grip as they began to wade into the ocean, slowly so she didn't lose her mind. "The tide isn't even bad," He pointed out to her. Actually it was extremely calm and soothing. He loved the beach and falling asleep to the rhythmic crashing and pulling that it made. They were planning on staying the night in a motel nearby so hopefully he'd be able to crack open a window and be able to listen to it.

~

Charlotte's pleasant conversation with Nina was cut short by a guy named Frankie interrupting them. She smiled though and shook his outreached hand when he offered it to her. "Yeah," She confirmed,"It's nice to meet you."

She tucked her hair behind her ear as he sat down and took a sip of her beer, then smiled as he began to talk about a basketball game. She laughed a little bit and shook her head. "Sports aren't really my thing, and even if they were, I'm pretty sure all the guys would kick my ass," She admitted,"But thank you for asking. I'll make sure to cheer you on from the sidelines."

Sports had never been her strong suit. She actually wasn't sure what her strong suit was.. She'd been decent in school, so it wasn't that. Art frustrated her because she was a perfectionist and she'd dropped out of music class because she couldn't figure out the correct way to blow into a flute to make a sound that wasn't too loud or too soft or too breathy. She'd yet to find what she was good at, she guessed. Maybe it was something weird. Like maybe she was really good at pole dancing or horseback riding!

The conversation didn't make it much farther than that because there was a loud splash which caused both of them to look towards the far side of the pool. She wasn't sure who the first person to go bobbing in was but she knew the second person was Ethan because of the color of his swim trunks. The whole place seemed to be quiet for a second, as if everyone was deciding on how to react, but it didn't take long for the basketballs to come flying and the boys to all join in and throwing it back and forth and trying to make baskets over each other's heads.

Charlotte giggled and shook her head. "I should go throw this out... And get out of the danger zone. I'm like a ball magnet," She informed Frankie and then laughed, realizing how that could have been taken the wrong way,"Basketballs. Anyways, you can come if you want. Unless you're going to play. It looks like.. Fun?" She stood up from the pool with beer in hand and grinned before stepping out, showing off her cute bikini for the first time since she'd shown up. It was a bit risque with the mesh and it showed off her C-cups almost too well as well as her bum because the bottoms were a little cheeky but it had honestly been the only one that she could find. She was still in the process of unpacking. Unpacking was a pain and she had pretty much only taken out the things that she absolutely needed.

"I guess not, but you know me, spazzy," She sighed and watched as the particles of rocks and seashells collided beneath the foamy surface, and swung their hands back and forth a little, his own warm and perfectly fit with hers.

They stood there for a while, and as they did, she focused on how odd the sensation was, of her standing perfectly still, yet with every stretch of the waves it felt like everything was moving around her, almost bringing about a dizziness, though Carter reminded her they were just fine, and firmly planted within the sand. Like him, she'd eased up a little, and eve bent down to attempt grabbing something shiny and rainbow colored-

And then this giant wave came and crashed right into her face, cold, salty and such a shock she'd nearly slipped, and clung onto him for support she really didn't need- it was about five feet high, but to her? A tsunami.

"I almost drowned!" She exaggerated, and unlike some over dramatic females, she'd been genuinely frightened. "And don't laugh!" Rae added, and securely wrapped her arms around his neck whilst she blinked and tried to adjust to the water, unbothered entirely by the proximity.

---

"Nah, enjoy yourself, if I don't jump in there won't be a game. Floors slick up front, be careful!" He called after her, smiling until she rose up, and at that time he was biting back the urge to whistle- that'd be rude, but damn, she was a little pale bundle of perfect, wasn't she?

"Aw, someone crushing outside of their league?" Josselyn inquired and plopped down beside him, baring a one piece (due to her not so discreet and unnecessary insecurities) and a twisted, chop stick bun.

"Nah, she's not interested."

"Bummer?"

"Not really, I think she's got her hands full with our hot headed amigo," he nodded his head towards the pool as Ethan hoisted himself out, soaked, hair slicked back and his blue eyes as crisp as the bobbing neon lights.

"He seriously needs a job at Hollister," She craned her neck to check him out as he stalked off down the riverrock flooring, snatching a towel to dry his face though, drenched or not, he was gorgeous. "His ass is perfect."

"Whoa, whoaaa, not my kind of conversation!" Almost immediately Frankie sprung up, and as Joss called out a few things about his endearing appearance, he blushed and catapulted himself right into the water, a perfect cannonball to which the girls all cheered on.

~

"Hey, sorry, I got... Carried away," Ethan popped up just a couple feet from Charlotte, admiring her like just about every human being here was, though with eyes that claimed adoration instead of sex appeal.

"How're you holding up? You wanna head home yet, or... You're good? Everyone's really stoked to meet you, I told you they would be," He seemed to blink as those very words brought back a sort of dejavu moment, but just as quickly he shook it off, and nabbed a tea out of one of the many ice packed coolers around the house.

"If Frankie's bugging you, I'll tell him to lay off. He's an idiot," he flicked open the iced, raspberry brew and took a sip, glancing over his shoulder just in time to catch a ball whirling Charlotte's way and throw it back.

Carter really didn't mind Rae being all freaked out because it gave him a reason to hold her hand. Blah. That was so lame that it almost made him want to gag. He'd never been one for feelings... He'd had a few girlfriends here and there but after he actually realized how he felt about Rae, none of them even came close and he gave up. He hooked up though, mostly just to fulfill his needs and usually when he was drunk. It was selfish but it was just how it was when he came to him.

He made some type of sound when Rae suddenly clung to him as if it was a lie or death situation and he teetered to one side as he tried to grab her and then regain both of their balance. He choked back a laugh which really just turned into an audible snort which then made him laugh because it was a stupid sound. "You didn't almost drown. You're fine," He assured her as he looped his arms around her waist when she put her arms around his neck.

Her skin was so soft... Why? Why was she doing this? It was absolute torture! What guy wouldn't be driven crazy by a girl hanging on them though? It only made it worse that she was beautiful and in a relationship. The distance between them, which was only a few inches, made his heart beat fast. It was a pointless feeling and it made him feel like he was sixteen again. Pointless because it wasn't like anything was going to happen. If this was some stupid romance movie, he'd kiss her and the world would fall into perfect order but this wasn't like that. This was real life. And real life was harsh and liked to stab you in the back and remind you that everything you wanted was out of your reach just by a little bit.

~

"Thanks," Charlotte said to Frankie as she turned him back to flash him one last smile. She took note of the slippery deck because the last thing she wanted was to slip and bust her ass on the concrete or have some wardrobe malfunction. Now that would be quite the first impression.

Once she was to the part of the deck where all the tables and coolers were set up, she tossed her mostly finished beer into the trash and looked around for what else she could have. She looked up though when she heard Ethan's voice and a smile instantly came to her lips. He looked even more attractive than usual, as if she'd know. More attractive then he'd been in the last 12 hours she supposed was more like it. The mixture of him being soaking wet, his hair being pushed back, him being shirtless, and his abs and smile was enough to make any girls weak in the knees.

"Hey, no. you're fine. Everyone was is being really nice," She told him honestly,"And I'm perfectly fine with staying longer. I'm having a really good time. Thank you for bringing me along. It's nice to be out and around new people." As she spoke to him, she leaned down and grabbed herself a Diet Coke from the cooler in front of her.

Upon standing up, she saw something flying at a highish speed in her direction and out of instinct and flinched and turned her head the other way, a little squeal escaping her lips.. But nothing happened.. She turned back around only to see Ethan throwing the basketball back towards the pool. She laughed and shook her head in disbelief. "Damn. Cat like reflexes and an awesome body. My hero," She chimed playfully bumping into him as now he was standing beside her. Her cheeks instantly burned a dark red as soon as she said it because she realized that was a big slip up. He had a girlfriend. She tucked her pale hair behind her ear and looked down, quickly distracting herself with the task of opening up the can of soda. Maybe he'd just over look it or ignore it. It was only a compliment..

"Nope, noooope! That was a near death experience, I'm sure of it!" She kept herself clung to him like a dork, though a little less awkwardly so as he was holding onto her now.

The brunette stared down at the water like it was gathering the strength to swoop up and eat them, but after the foam and seaweed strands had retreated, she managed to calm down again, and even leaned into him in a sort of hug. "Okay, okay, maybe I overreacted a little. But when Poseidon pops up and stabs you with his Triton, you'll believe me," She tilted her head up and flashed a cheesy grin. In that moment, she was momentarily caught up in the same moment he was having, surprised at just how close their noses were, so near that she could count the adorable little freckles splattered like paint on his face, and see herself reflected in his eyes, though the gazing made her redden like a cartoon character.

"...I got my water fix. Happy?" She joked, attempting to nullify the intensity.

---

"Likewise about the body, though.. That flinching would've cost you your face," Like her, his skin was burning, though her coloring was more blatant and cute, whilst his didn't rise to the cheeks. He flicked his head to get the wet strands of blonde out of his eyes, and thought about what else he could say, do, express, without being a scumbag. Man, what was he doing? When he caught her gaze, his mind went blank- middle school stuff, but it was as influential now as it was then, minus the raging hormones and bad one liners.

"Hey, my pleasure. We have get together a every other weekend or whatever, if you wanna trade numbers, I can let you know..." he trailed off, "Unless Frankie already has that covered. Either way, I don't mind if you don't. Maybe you can stop by one of our baseball games-"

As he mentioned that, Gary had walked by and shoved him, hard, enough to where he'd spilt some of his tea. With a half hearted glance back, he mumbled, "Oh, didn't see you there."

And although he'd felt a surge of agitation, Ethan brushed it off for the moments sake, "Stadiums just down the street from our complex, we usually practise on Thursdays and have a big game on Friday nights, goes on a few hours, sometimes our parents work the little stands and cook food."

Behind him, everyone was filing out, drying off, grabbing beers and just a few were packing up to head home. "You know, I bet no ones in the jacuzzi, wanna check it out? Gary's family has it a little tucked away and mounted on the river rock, great view from up there..." He trailed off a little, intending for it to be casual, and nodding as individuals passed the two of them and said brief goodbyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back