• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern country roads, take me home [historical romance RP]

elspeth

Roleplay Type(s)
hello all! i am new to this site, but not new to roleplaying. my other roleplay location was getting a bit stale and dry, so i wanted to try something new.

i swear my real replies will have proper capitalization and whatnot, have no fear!

as the title suggests, i am a big sucker for historical romance (of course, with storytelling and world-building happening outside of the romance as well). in particular, i’ve been dying to do a roleplay set on the oregon trail. the idea is super flexible, but the idea is that character A plans to homestead in oregon, and puts in for a mail-order bride (essentially an arranged marriage) through a service. meanwhile, character B applies to be a mail-order bride (for whatever reasons - she wants an adventure, she’s afraid of being labeled a spinster, she’s running from something, etc.). character A initially selects another bride, but the order office makes a mistake and accidentally sends character B instead. ultimately, the pair decide to cut their losses and get married before making the treacherous adventure out west. it's not an immediate love story (who knows, maybe they don't even really like each other at first), so be prepared for a slow-ish burn.

this particular plot would be for a mxf pairing - i already have a character in mind for character A that i would be interested in using, but we can chat about it! i am totally open to playing character B as well.

historical accuracy is great and appreciated, but we’re also here to have fun, so we can definitely be flexible and figure things out as we go! i like to think i know a bit about the various eras and periods i write (of which there are many), but i am not expert, so do not be afraid!

i’m not comfortable with writing with anyone under 19 - if that’s you, dear reader, i’m sure you’re wonderful, but I just don’t feel comfortable with it!

my replies vary between 2-3 paragraphs (minimum) and 10+ paragraphs. i generally seek to match the length of my partner’s replies.

please, please, please: i am looking for someone who can also play side characters and help to create character and plot dynamics outside of the relationship between our two protagonists! it makes it so much more fun, and makes the world feel so much more alive.

if i have managed to pique your interest, shoot me a message! if this particular plot isn’t to your liking, but you too are interested in historical romances, send me a message anyways. i have plenty more plots that are not western!

happy writing! : )

Last edited:
Hi! I'm interested in this plotline but I have two questions:

1) Which platform do you prefer to RP on?

2) Do you intend to play Character A or Character B?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Hi! I'm interested in this plotline but I have two questions:

1) Which platform do you prefer to RP on?

2) Do you intend to play Character A or Character B?

Hope to hear back from you soon!
hello! i was awol for a while, hence my late reply.

1) i prefer to roleplay on site!

2) i am open to playing either, depending on my partner's preferences/lean! in all of the similar plots i've done, i've only every played a character like character A, so playing character B would be a fun new challenge for me! but again, open to either.

hello! i was awol for a while, hence my late reply.

1) i prefer to roleplay on site!

2) i am open to playing either, depending on my partner's preferences/lean! in all of the similar plots i've done, i've only every played a character like character A, so playing character B would be a fun new challenge for me! but again, open to either.
Hi! It's all fine. I normally play female characters but given the timing of the Oregon Trail, I have an idea for Character A, so I'd like to play as him if possible. Shall I start writing my character sheet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back