Conversation [PGZA]

I got really confused when you said that you updated Gar because I thought you were talking about Garo. 

I got really confused when you said that you updated Gar because I thought you were talking about Garo. 

I used (and actually still do) have trouble with their names being so dang similar as well so I understand the confusion. Sorry to have confused you, regardless :P Did you take a look at the Gengar Gijinka Gar? 

I used (and actually still do) have trouble with their names being so dang similar as well so I understand the confusion. Sorry to have confused you, regardless :P Did you take a look at the Gengar Gijinka Gar? 

I took a quick peek but haven't read through it all. I'll do it after I attempt to post. 

@SirBlazeALot

Thank you for Zai's question. I actually had to really stop and think about that and it really helped me understand Gar. I went so far as to flesh out his history and fix up his personality (I kept in everything from the original history, but I added to it to change the tone just a little. Because people aren't just evil; there's more to it. As for the personality, I completely rewrote that... please read it when you have a chance and let me know if it still sounds right for Gar). 

@Maki @Lotusy @theglassangel @Danoram @Corgi @SpookySableye

Guys, I figured I'd let you know as well that I updated Gar's info (just personality and history). I hope it kind of adds a new kind of light to him. I don't expect any characters to change how they treat him, but I hope you as writers can see a bit more from his perspective. 

Random side note- I actually had a classmate in college that was fascinated with death. He was one of our best artists and he could draw bones like no one's business XD It was actually kind of cool though his fascination death was mildly disturbing. He did pick up road kill and what not, though... it was like a hobby. And granted, he was not a normal type of person, but he wasn't a bad person either. Remembering that helped inspire a part of Gar I hadn't really thought much about. It's the masks society forces us to wear... we're all told we can be ourselves but some people, like Gar, really can't and be accepted. One of the unfortunate things about life... not everyone is equal. 

I'm about to go to sleep so I'll reply to the rf tomorrow if i have a chance, but most likely wednesday. I'm done with school until finals next week on wednesday so I'll have ample time to binge post lmfao *coughcoughandworkonthoseyuribroscharacterscoughcoughhackhackcoughcough*. But before I ko'd for the night I wanted to weigh in on this.

I don't remember the details of Gar's history since I haven't read it in a while, but I feel like what you've done to it really does offer more of a window into why Gar is... well Gar. It's actually pretty heartbreaking. Poor guy. I do hope Gar lives for a while despite being a botted character (although he really doesn't feel like it anymore... in fact none of them do) because I've got some wild shit planned for Zai's character development and shit could get very interesting between those two. 

Good shite as always Ruby you awesome motherfucker.

Also I'm right there with you guys in confusing Gar and Garo. Whenever I'm writing a post involving one of those two I always make sure I double check that I haven't mixed up their names anywhere.

Imagine if they actually meet each other though, jesus fucking christ proofreading that post would be a minefield. 

I'm about to go to sleep so I'll reply to the rf tomorrow if i have a chance, but most likely wednesday. I'm done with school until finals next week on wednesday so I'll have ample time to binge post lmfao *coughcoughandworkonthoseyuribroscharacterscoughcoughhackhackcoughcough*. But before I ko'd for the night I wanted to weigh in on this.

I don't remember the details of Gar's history since I haven't read it in a while, but I feel like what you've done to it really does offer more of a window into why Gar is... well Gar. It's actually pretty heartbreaking. Poor guy. I do hope Gar lives for a while despite being a botted character (although he really doesn't feel like it anymore... in fact none of them do) because I've got some wild shit planned for Zai's character development and shit could get very interesting between those two. 

Good shite as always Ruby you awesome motherfucker.

Also I'm right there with you guys in confusing Gar and Garo. Whenever I'm writing a post involving one of those two I always make sure I double check that I haven't mixed up their names anywhere.

Imagine if they actually meet each other though, jesus fucking christ proofreading that post would be a minefield. 

You do realize they probably will at least see each other when Nightmares invade Nimbasa? But now that you mention it we so need to make them meet up. Like they actually seem like they might get along if Gar doesn't piss Garo off in the first 5 seconds. He probably will, though; he has that talent. 

Thanks though, man. The original was like literally 'There was something wrong with him when he was born. He liked torturing things and had no empathy for other people. He became an outcast in the school but didn't care. When the apocalypse hit he welcomed it with open arms, butchering his family though it's questionable whether they were zombified yet or not. He then joined up with the Nightmares and really enjoyed raiding.' and that was it! 

G'luck on your finals, Blaze! I'm sure you'll rock it! Especially if there's a writing section xD Anyway, sleep well ^.^

You do realize they probably will at least see each other when Nightmares invade Nimbasa? But now that you mention it we so need to make them meet up. Like they actually seem like they might get along if Gar doesn't piss Garo off in the first 5 seconds. He probably will, though; he has that talent. 

Thanks though, man. The original was like literally 'There was something wrong with him when he was born. He liked torturing things and had no empathy for other people. He became an outcast in the school but didn't care. When the apocalypse hit he welcomed it with open arms, butchering his family though it's questionable whether they were zombified yet or not. He then joined up with the Nightmares and really enjoyed raiding.' and that was it! 

G'luck on your finals, Blaze! I'm sure you'll rock it! Especially if there's a writing section xD Anyway, sleep well ^.^

he probably would piss off garo, the guy isn't known for his patience XD

i phrased that really poorly. my finals aren't until next week, but i meant like, i'm ready yo lol. that was part of what kept me so busy this week i had to finish up all my assignments. still have a bit left to do tomorrow but it's all easy stuff. i don't have any writing classes they're all mathy-sciencey stuff but none of them are super difficult and my teachers are super chill. my physics teacher is literally just making the final all the test questions from the three tests we've taken this semester, and each of those tests was only like...4 questions long lol. 

Yeah, Gar pissing off Garo like that would be pretty entertaining XD. Speaking of Gar, I wonder how well him and Shane would get along...

It has been way too long since I did an analysis on this O.o

I probably still wouldn't be worrying about it but Blaze's post... I had to comment. So I'm going to do a little bit of ketchup and remark on everyone's most recent post

@Lotusy

Sam's inner dialogue is amusing, and it also adds something more to his post. A deeper perspective into Sam that I really appreciate. And his joke about missing an arm and not an eye was exceptionally bold, but also shows he has a sort of humor which I think is one of the reasons he's made it so far. Oh, that was another thing... you did remarkably well when Sam was running back and forth as messenger. I was afraid that all the message passing would hold that scene up but you kept it flowing smoothly. Also, speaking of smooth, you have a really great way of smoothly weaving Sam in and out of current situations. Enough that he's present, there, and has a say, but that he doesn't force himself into a situation he doesn't belong in or appear somewhere that blocks the scene. You write him impressively, Lotus, so congrats on that :)

I still seriously adore the twins. I adored them when you made them (sorry if I didn't tell you. There was just something about them. The faceclaim was genius and how you used it was even better). Anyway, they're so cute and they have so much going on with them despite being children. Talk about an extreme case of girls maturing faster then boys... Vanessa is so chill yet smart and though she doesn't quite have the intellect of an adult (which I think is smart writing on your part) she still thinksabout a lot and pays attention to mroe then her brother does. I don't think they'd be alive if it wasn't for her. And yet you kind of... take off the bitter edge that is Vanessa with the cutie that is Daniel. It's like... you have a real child, and then you have a child that was forced to grow up before the appocalypse even hit... and the contrast works so beautifully for them. Vanessa makes Daniel stand out as adorable and young and Daniel helps soften what could otherwise be a harsh blow with some of Vanessa's thinking and words. Just... expertly done, Lotusy. Daniel and Vanessa are some of my favorite characters to read even when I don't have characters interacting with them ^.^ 

Talon continues to grow as a character, and show that he is useful tot he Drifters. One thing I had been concerned about as people made characters is that there would be characters who didn't fit the motto 'if you're not useful, get out'. But Talon definitely does with his knowledge of herding, as well as his lost herd. It's a chance not to just survive, but to actually start living. To rebuild what's been lost and I think that, among other things, is going to be the biggest pro. That with the herd the Drifters could find a strong fort to build an actual home in; maybe start planting gardens etc. But basically become self sufficient in a way similar to The Amazons. Granted, it probably won't come to fruition because of the things planned but the hope Talon could give for a little while is fantastic. 

Nice post, Lotusy :D  

@theglassangel

Thanks to shoddy internet (because I have locked myself in my bedroom and refuse to leave for good internet or anything else) I wasn't able to give you the heads up that your post was a re-post but it seems Lotusy took care of that (thank you Lotusy) and I was excited to see the post once you had finished it. By the way, thanks for being able to get posts out still. I know you're busy and that your time is limited but it means a lot that you still write when you can so thank you. 

Anyway, I always appreciate how much Brennan is a man of thought and action and not so much words, though he knows how to use them when it's needed. Characters that don't talk much are exceptionally hard for me to write and I really appreciate people who can write them. And despite his seemingly soft hearted nature, he's still a smart leader. I hadn't even thought about the cons of inviting Talon into Drifters but the thought about 'enemies' was an interesting point Brennan made and I'm really glad you pointed that out. Especially because he probably has made a few, though he may not realize it himself. Then again, perhaps he's defeated all of his enemies. Anyway, it was a very smart point for Brennan to make. Still, I'm also glad Oran is around to kind of keep up the wall of 'you're a stranger and we don't trust you' too because Brennan can be too nice sometimes. At any rate, he's a fascinating character that you write really well.

Way to do awesome in a single character post, angel <3  

@SirBlazeALot

You know, I don't know if these plans and actions on Mikey's part come naturally or if you have already planned out a bigger picture in Mikey's mind and are slowly cluing us into it but Blaze? You're a freakin' genius. Just... so when I'm writing I tend to toss out bits and pieces that come to mind with characters and after awhile sometimes I can thread it together into something coherent. Something that makes some sense... But every time you write for Mikey it seems like you already have this amazingly detailed bigger picture that Mikey is just masterfully sharing when it suits him best. Which, not only speaks for his character in volumes but also just  blows my mind on how you even come up with his speeches. His thought patterns are well laid out and he uses everything to his advantage. Which is absolutely true to character, and I think it's fantastic how you're able to continue to point that out without having to say specifically 'Mikey uses everything to his advantage'. One of those you show so much by what Mikey does and says and less on just stating that he is a certain way. 

I wish I could express in words how wonderful Mikey's post was, though. He did a lot of talking but I do believe every part of it was necessary to have in there. It was exceptionally persuasive and well thought out and perfectly fit to Mikey. And I'm looking forward to writing Lyra's response (though I need to get a post done in Ninjas first).Just... that response was amazing. Just absolutely amazing. 

After the point you made about Chewie's mashed together words to try and dissuade people from reading it I've been trying to skim it to get an idea of what my characters would hear. Sorry that I didn't catch on to that sooner... one of those 'it's annoying but I can cope' things that I didn't even consider having a higher purpose to. Now though, I get the idea of what it is Elliot or anyone else will hear and it's been fun thinking of it that way. I can almost hear the rushed words myself. Also, that she still thinks about the Drifters and is hoping to find them again... it's adorable and it's also heart breaking. It makes me really hope she survives long enough to see them again.

As per usual Glacier is a riot. A character I really can't stand on a personal level but a well written character nonetheless. Way to incorporate Sam's presence into the post, by the way; and I'm glad Sam came over because then Glacier had someone to tell his thoughts to which was awesome. You're really very good at writing Glacier's 'devil may care' attitude, and his constant search of escape for himself and for Abi. Also, that he actually called Cadence a midget... I've been waiting for someone to remark on her size and I was so glad Glacier did, despite it being an insult XD

And of course, Lilly. Precious child... It's amazing how she's been able to turn around how upset she was about being pregnant to actually thinking ahead about it as well as thinking of Steve in a loving light. It says quite a lot about her in how she's really a very good, happy person. Probably the type that would bring sunshine and rainbows to everyone before the apocalypse hit. And even now she's probably one of the brighter points in the theater; not the comic relief but the character that makes everyone give that collective 'awwwww'. You continue to do an amazing job writing her and I'm glad you added her in when you did with her interactions with Daniel and Vanessa. Gives Daniel a chance to show more of his childish side and Vanessa a chance to appear childish or show that she is above such things as toys. Going to be fun to read XD

And of course, Oran. With Glacier and Oran's behaviors there was a point I wondered if they were going to be similar to one another but even their gruff responses to things are entirely different. For one, though they both have someone they show a softer side to it's a different kind of softer and it's for entirely different reasons. And where Glacier just comes off as glacial, Oran comes off as more of a 'tough love' type of guy. Granted love probably isn't quite the right word but... sometimes Brennan appears more as a motherly type... or like the really really nice dad type and Oran is more of the father... the really strict father that threatens to kill you if you mess up but still loves you in his own way. I'm so glad that both Oran and Brennan exist because the contrast so well! I guess that's one of my new loves... seeing characters that balance each other and accentuate some aspect of another character. Both Oran and Brennan are strong and yet they show their strengths differently, though they have the same end goal -to survive and to make sure those who have the skill to fight for their survival are in the Drifter's group-. I know you end up writing a lot of 'asshole' characters at times but honestly Blaze, every single one of them is waaaaay more then that. You take stereotypes and you tear them apart to make way for a character with complexities that go way beyond being the 'obstacle/antagonist/troublemaker'. And even though a lot of your characters can be jerks, you keep showing them in other lights so that everyone knows there is way more to those characters then that. 

Awesome post, man. Just... fucking awesome ^.^

Thanks, Ruby! I usually can't write a response that measures up to what you've written, but I hope you know that these really make my day better when I see them. It always feels good to know what I've been getting right, for the sake of improvement. : )

Anyways guys, sorry that I haven't posted/ got on RPN recently. I'll probably have to vanish again to study, but I can whip up a post by Thursday, on the nose of the deadline. Sorry if you're waiting on me - just feel free to go ahead if you are.

Alright! Sorry for the late reply this week guys, and unfortunately, I'll have to bury my head in exams until next Friday. Sorry that I couldn't finish the Talon interaction in time, though hopefully I'll have a lot of content to write about next time I sit down at the computer! Hope y'all have a good day!

@SirBlazeALot

I feel bad that I can't really add more to that. It sounds great. 

I do have a question though: Mikey and Marcy are on the roof. Do you have a general idea how Mikey would have laid out everyone else? I can guess who would be left in the theater but I'm curious about where Lyra is going to be. 

@SirBlazeALot

I feel bad that I can't really add more to that. It sounds great. 

I do have a question though: Mikey and Marcy are on the roof. Do you have a general idea how Mikey would have laid out everyone else? I can guess who would be left in the theater but I'm curious about where Lyra is going to be. 

He's definitely got like at least two or three people each on either side of the gate like he said, and at least Helga's in the stadium. This is a good question though, where do you guys wanna put your NCMT/BSG characters?

I know I was gonna have Garo right up at the gate, Glacier and Abi patrolling to keep the zombies off everyone, and Lilly and Chewie back at the theater. 

@RubyRose @Maki  @theglassangel  @SpookySableye  @Lotusy  @Danoram @Corgi

He's definitely got like at least two or three people each on either side of the gate like he said, and at least Helga's in the stadium. This is a good question though, where do you guys wanna put your NCMT/BSG characters?

I know I was gonna have Garo right up at the gate, Glacier and Abi patrolling to keep the zombies off everyone, and Lilly and Chewie back at the theater. 

@RubyRose @Maki  @theglassangel  @SpookySableye  @Lotusy  @Danoram @Corgi

Lyra's a decent shooter so I think, if Mikey knew this, (and I have a feeling she would have shown him in the rehearsal so that he would find her even more valuable >.<) she'd be a little farther back. Not on the stadium with Helga but somewhere where he shooting ability could be put to decent use. Because she's not as good as Helga XD

I know Elliot would stay in the theatre... I'm not sure about Cadence. On the one hand, she's someone they don't know... she could be a Nightmare for all they know... yet at the same time she has fighting skill and could be useful if it came to blows. I was also thinking Lyra might do that whole 'employee' thing on that little group -save the kids- too. 

Lyra's a decent shooter so I think, if Mikey knew this, (and I have a feeling she would have shown him in the rehearsal so that he would find her even more valuable >.<) she'd be a little farther back. Not on the stadium with Helga but somewhere where he shooting ability could be put to decent use. Because she's not as good as Helga XD

I know Elliot would stay in the theatre... I'm not sure about Cadence. On the one hand, she's someone they don't know... she could be a Nightmare for all they know... yet at the same time she has fighting skill and could be useful if it came to blows. I was also thinking Lyra might do that whole 'employee' thing on that little group -save the kids- too. 

Lyra's position sounds good. Maybe Cadence would be out patrolling and taking care of zombies and stuff? I know Charles would definitely be back at the courthouse safe and sound but what about Steve?

When you say do the whole employee thing on them, do you mean how mikey asked her to go extort another group? (I totally blanked on the word extort for like five minutes lmfao) 

Lyra's position sounds good. Maybe Cadence would be out patrolling and taking care of zombies and stuff? I know Charles would definitely be back at the courthouse safe and sound but what about Steve?

When you say do the whole employee thing on them, do you mean how mikey asked her to go extort another group? (I totally blanked on the word extort for like five minutes lmfao) 

Got it. 
Steve should be back from the mission by then; he'd probably be somewhere that was the most risky XD 

And yeah, I mean what Mikey asked her to do. 

@SirBlazeALot Hoooooly crap things are getting good. I can't say "poor Mikey" or anything, but it's starting to ramp up now! Btw, happy birthday again to you and @RubyRose, and sorry that I've been out for a week! Glad I got back right on time!

Anyways, would you guys like me to make a catch-up post first (which is probably just 100% Talon), or just wait for Ruby and get back our old order of posts?

@SirBlazeALot Hoooooly crap things are getting good. I can't say "poor Mikey" or anything, but it's starting to ramp up now! Btw, happy birthday again to you and @RubyRose, and sorry that I've been out for a week! Glad I got back right on time!

Anyways, would you guys like me to make a catch-up post first (which is probably just 100% Talon), or just wait for Ruby and get back our old order of posts?

thanks again man :D  glad you're back too.

I don't think post order really matters. If I were you I would just combine the catch up post and the timeskip post and smoke a blunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back