Conversation [NG]

@theglassangel @Bedbae @Suzumaki Arakai @Leaf Fi @RubyRose @Zero Gravity @BloodyKharma @NyxNightmare @s0l

SUP NINJERS!!

Just thought I'd check in on you guys and say what's up. January 2nd is otw. I doubt we'll have all the characters up by then though. I'd still like to try though.

Starting then, I'm gonna push things along more actively. Imma need chars within 7 days after the 2nd. So if you made one in PMs and haven't posted it yet, dew it.

Once the RP starts we'll be in our regular posting schedule, meaning at least once a week and warning after five days :3

Anybody making a Cobra leader? I'm also thinking about starting positions. I have a few ideas we can talk about when all the characters are up. Well not all but...most.

i'm open to making a cobra leader if no one does ^-^

also sorry about unintentionally putting vaughn in a psycho bitch harem. sorry for him, not sorry for me since that'll be fun to read xD

@theglassangel @Bedbae @Suzumaki Arakai @Leaf Fi @RubyRose @Zero Gravity @BloodyKharma @NyxNightmare @s0l

What's up my ninjas. How's it hangin'. So in the IC I said I wanted to shoot for starting the RP on the 2nd. Now, being highly in touch with reality, I knew that wasn't gonna happen.

But it's cool! Because I originally didn't even intend on posting the thread until tomorrow! SO TECHNICALLY WE'RE ALREADY AHEAD! *maniacal laughter*

Anyways here's what I'm gonna do to get this thing started ASAP. I'm going to start enforcing our weekly post rule for posting characters. So if you haven't posted a character yet, come tomorrow, you have seven days to get them up. It'd also be nice if those of us playing multiple characters got those up as well, but this is mostly for people who haven't posted one character yet. Those people would be @BloodyKharma and @Leaf Fi

Again, playing multiple characters is highly encouraged. But play as many as you're comfy with.

While we're waiting for characters I thought we could talk about where to start. I had two ideas, the 1st being lunch time on a Friday and all the Ninjas could kick it with their respective gangs and stuff. But I think that might get boring so perhaps later that night some stuff could happen.

But I'm leaning more towards a Saturday afternoon in Rose District and somebody starts some shit. And things happen. Stuff ensues.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas or if you're privy to one of my ideas. WHOO! Hype.

sup guys, i don't have any major ideas right now for the main plot but i do have things in mind for other characters that may or may not be canon so i'll just have to wait and see.

meanwhile, remy the cobra leader is up! tell me if you like him or would like to change some things ^-^

@theglassangel

I have literally made a blind character that could mimic any sound he had heard before.

Great minds think alike.

It was interesting seeing the differences and the similarities :3

RubyRose said:
@theglassangel
I have literally made a blind character that could mimic any sound he had heard before.

Great minds think alike.

It was interesting seeing the differences and the similarities :3
i've never made a character whose main parts of their personality consists of bad puns, so it'll be quite interesting xD

Last edited by a moderator:
theglassangel said:
i've never made a character whose main parts of their personality consists of bad puns, so it'll be quite interesting xD
Yes; congrats on that xD

@RubyRose @theglassangel @KiKi Kitsune @Zero Gravity @Suzumaki Arakai @Bedbae @BloodyKharma @NyxNightmare @s0l

Sup guys. I'm loving all the characters we have so far. Please don't be shy about making them, make as many as you control. I like having a lot of characters around because it allows for a lot of sub plots to build, thus making it easier to put the pieces together for a main plot. Glad you guys are having fun with it, I've seen some pretty creative ideas :3

So as far as something to start us off goes, I didn't get much feedback from you guys last time, (always open to hearing ideas) but from what I did get from Ruby was the idea to start on a Saturday in Rose district. Perhaps some kind of event could be going on? Like a festival or something? Or maybe it's just a normal day? I'm leaning toward a festival and the gangs are hanging out together and someone starts some shit, possibly Jed and Donni, or one of the other assholes of the gangs.

Speaking of the gangs, the numbers are about even and I think all the characters that were made before the thread was posted are up except for one and that's @Suzumaki Arakai 's Dog Girl. I updated the Counters so everything should be accurate, lemme know if somethings off. I'm also going to make an easy list in Organizations to show who is in what gang.

Anywaaaaaayz hope you guys are hyped to start soon, maybe some time next week? We'll see. TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT HOW WE WANNA START :D

P.S. I had an idea that there's been an underlying conflict of Ninjas going to other districts and randomly attacking citizens and members alike, but no one's claiming responsibility for it...but while they're all blaming each other it's actually been the cops disguised as other ninjas trying to incite a full on gang war for nefarious Illuminati reasons *X-Files music* Lemme know how you guys feel about that.

SirBlazeALot said:
Anywaaaaaayz hope you guys are hyped to start soon, maybe some time next week? We'll see. TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT HOW WE WANNA START :D

P.S. I had an idea that there's been an underlying conflict of Ninjas going to other districts and randomly attacking citizens and members alike, but no one's claiming responsibility for it...but while they're all blaming each other it's actually been the cops disguised as other ninjas trying to incite a full on gang war for nefarious Illuminati reasons *X-Files music* Lemme know how you guys feel about that.
ohhhh, i like!

i think randomly starting shit in the middle of the festival is just sorta random and builds up to the whole meat and bones of the rp a bit too slowly. but then again, i think that if there isn't drama within the second page i get bored af, so i would say cops disguised as ninjas are cool. xD

ALSO!

i'm making another character in attempt to create some subplots. her name is maymarie and she's rather new to the north. the whole reason why she's here is because of the whole gang culture that she intends to make a documentary of. but here's the thing. since may is a total perfectionist and is willing to do literally anything to get her perfect shot... she decides to join the gang to get up close and personal with all the combat going on. that way her shots look "raw and genuine". so she joins the white tigers, even though she's pretty good at what she does in terms of fighting and photography, may is way too driven for her own objectives than her gang's. i figured this would cause some tension between the tigers and from the other gangs bc may's literally just taking pictures of all the ninjas getting their asses kicked and it's pretty annoying and inconvenient when you're trying to keep things on the down low. may also might torture and abuse her "models" to get that perfect picture. what do y'all think of that? if not, i can just make maymarie a regular interrogator for the white tigers.

WAIT! scratch the whole boring thing. festival sounds pretty good. everyone's chilling but maybe evey (one of my characters since she seems the most likely to fuck shit up) accidentally hits a member from another gang with like some of her explosive limbs or teeth or something (this could literally be any reckless ninja, not just evey), and that member happens to be really hateful or has no chill towards other gangs, so drama ensues. too basic??

like bedbae said, i think the whole cop thing sounds cool, but it'd be unlikely that all of the gangs would be chilling around after what would happen. i mean, if a gang was to be attacked by a cop disguised as a ninja, i don't think they would have the sense to go to a festival with the knowledge that they would be surrounded by other gangs that may or may not have caused it. then again, i don't really know how big the rose district has to be that the other gangs can't see each other just chilling around.

@RubyRose @theglassangel @KiKi Kitsune @Zero Gravity @Suzumaki Arakai @Bedbae @BloodyKharma @NyxNightmare @s0l

Holy shit guys it's finally here. Persistent alerts! Idk if youguys pay attention to the updates when Dark Wiz posts 'em but this one is pretty importante!

You know how notification-kun is kinda drunk sometimes and won't send you notes? Well it turns out he wasn't drunk at all! He was just trying to keep you from getting spammed! Basically if you don't view the thread, but you hover over the notes bubble he'll stop sending you notes!

So it's been ur fault the entire time, smh, for shame. For. Shame. Lol jk.

Well the fix is here. This is one update you really shouldn't ignore, cause "Sry I wasn't getting n0tes" is no longer a valid excuse. I actually never thought it was, I mean, we all know the system was weird and you should just adapt and check on your RPs every so often proactively but then lazeballs.

(Did I copy and paste this from pokemon? Fuck yeah I did.)

RubyRose said:
SOUNDS AWESOME!
When do we start? O.o
I would really really like to start on the 9th at the earliest, but definitely some time next week.

Bedbae said:
Oh, I really like the thought of maybe an incident during a festival. Maybe it can be something like a few gangs chilling around and suddenly they see each other and blame the attacks that have been happening lately on each one, even if it was the cops, and then BAM! Just my opinion.
theglassangel said:
ohhhh, i like!
i think randomly starting shit in the middle of the festival is just sorta random and builds up to the whole meat and bones of the rp a bit too slowly. but then again, i think that if there isn't drama within the second page i get bored af, so i would say cops disguised as ninjas are cool. xD

ALSO!

i'm making another character in attempt to create some subplots. her name is maymarie and she's rather new to the north. the whole reason why she's here is because of the whole gang culture that she intends to make a documentary of. but here's the thing. since may is a total perfectionist and is willing to do literally anything to get her perfect shot... she decides to join the gang to get up close and personal with all the combat going on. that way her shots look "raw and genuine". so she joins the white tigers, even though she's pretty good at what she does in terms of fighting and photography, may is way too driven for her own objectives than her gang's. i figured this would cause some tension between the tigers and from the other gangs bc may's literally just taking pictures of all the ninjas getting their asses kicked and it's pretty annoying and inconvenient when you're trying to keep things on the down low. may also might torture and abuse her "models" to get that perfect picture. what do y'all think of that? if not, i can just make maymarie a regular interrogator for the white tigers.
theglassangel said:
WAIT! scratch the whole boring thing. festival sounds pretty good. everyone's chilling but maybe evey (one of my characters since she seems the most likely to fuck shit up) accidentally hits a member from another gang with like some of her explosive limbs or teeth or something (this could literally be any reckless ninja, not just evey), and that member happens to be really hateful or has no chill towards other gangs, so drama ensues. too basic??
like bedbae said, i think the whole cop thing sounds cool, but it'd be unlikely that all of the gangs would be chilling around after what would happen. i mean, if a gang was to be attacked by a cop disguised as a ninja, i don't think they would have the sense to go to a festival with the knowledge that they would be surrounded by other gangs that may or may not have caused it. then again, i don't really know how big the rose district has to be that the other gangs can't see each other just chilling around.
I like the Maymarie idea. I think Del would really be into it cause his uniform includes a mask, so he wouldn't mind having his pictures taken.

Okay radical, looks like you guys like the Cop idea and the festival idea. Lets expand on that.

So first, Rose District is pretty big. Shima's like a circle right? And so is Rose district. (Btw it's name is Rose cause a compass rose haha get it *shot*)

Rose district is basically twice as small as Shima. And then the other districts are divided into equal fourths around it.

The whole cop situation. I think I mentioned this somewhere in the thread, but many of the cops are actually members of various ninja gangs. So they do things like cover up crimes for their respective gangs, throw off detectives, fuck with evidence, and frame other gangs as well. Basically, the police force is like a whole secret war of ninjas that are trying to keep the cops away from their gangs and closer to others (spinoff RP anyone? ;) xD jk)

Even a lot of the cops who aren't in gangs are being paid off by gangs. The Tigers would be the main dudes who pay off cops due to their wealth. It wouldn't be unheard of from the others, except the Dragons would probably never try to pay off cops. They're too honorable, they'd rather just have men on the inside.

So by and large, the ninjas would think they have the cops under control.

But what about those cops that want true justice? What about the cops who grew up in Shima and watched families get destroyed and swallowed up by the gangs? What about the cops who joined the force to put an end to the madness, only to find out that the inept and corrupt police force is the only reason the madness has continued? What about the cops who can't be bought, and won't be intimidated? These would be our cops that are staging the attacks!! And they'd even be doing it without most of the police force knowing what's going on! They'd be taking the law into their own hands by provoking the ninjas. They'd dress up as rivals, go to other territories and fuck shit up, hoping that the gangs would get sick of it, start behaving more recklessly, and eventually wipe each other out. And whoever's left standing could be taken down by the vigilante cops. Basically, have the gangs do their dirty work for them so that all they would have to do is fight the last gang standing, which would probably be on its last leg anyway. They would Ironically be hurting innocent people to do it, but it would be a "the means justify the ends" thing for them. Bam, there's the motive for the attacks. What do you guys think about that? Si or nah?

As far as the festival goes, I was thinking it would be an annual event in Shima that like, everybody goes to. Though a lot of scuffles are gonna happen in Rose district, on this festival day people don't really fight because of all the non ninja people from their districts who could get hurt. So most of the gangs usually just stick to their own little fourth of Rose that's closest to their district.

But this year is different, what with all the attacks that have been going on, I think that three of the gangs would have reason to cross into another gang's section of the festival. The Dragons would cross over to try to peacefully confront their enemies and ask that they limit their attacks to their gang members who can defend themselves. The Cobras would cross over just to fuck some shit up out of anger. And the Ghosts would cross over to prove that they're still powerful and won't stand for their district being attacked needlessly.

The Tigers would probably just be really anal about who steps over into their section of Rose because they make a ton of money during the festival, so their security would be on high alert and more volatile than usual.

How's that? Sound cool, si or nah?

Alsoooo....what kinda festival would you guys like to have? The only two ideas I could come up with were a New Years festival or a Cherry Blossom Festival.

Lemme know how you guys feel about that jumping point. I'd love to hear from all of you. Also...somethings been nagging me. Should we change the name of the Red Ghosts into the Red Devils? Or do you guys like Ghosts? Have a gr8 gr8 day my ninjas, and keep them characters coming (I'll be adding two later on :D )

SirBlazeALot said:
Okay radical, looks like you guys like the Cop idea and the festival idea. Lets expand on that.
So first, Rose District is pretty big. Shima's like a circle right? And so is Rose district. (Btw it's name is Rose cause a compass rose haha get it *shot*)

Rose district is basically twice as small as Shima. And then the other districts are divided into equal fourths around it.

The whole cop situation. I think I mentioned this somewhere in the thread, but many of the cops are actually members of various ninja gangs. So they do things like cover up crimes for their respective gangs, throw off detectives, fuck with evidence, and frame other gangs as well. Basically, the police force is like a whole secret war of ninjas that are trying to keep the cops away from their gangs and closer to others (spinoff RP anyone? ;) xD jk)

Even a lot of the cops who aren't in gangs are being paid off by gangs. The Tigers would be the main dudes who pay off cops due to their wealth. It wouldn't be unheard of from the others, except the Dragons would probably never try to pay off cops. They're too honorable, they'd rather just have men on the inside.

So by and large, the ninjas would think they have the cops under control.

But what about those cops that want true justice? What about the cops who grew up in Shima and watched families get destroyed and swallowed up by the gangs? What about the cops who joined the force to put an end to the madness, only to find out that the inept and corrupt police force is the only reason the madness has continued? What about the cops who can't be bought, and won't be intimidated? These would be our cops that are staging the attacks!! And they'd even be doing it without most of the police force knowing what's going on! They'd be taking the law into their own hands by provoking the ninjas. They'd dress up as rivals, go to other territories and fuck shit up, hoping that the gangs would get sick of it, start behaving more recklessly, and eventually wipe each other out. And whoever's left standing could be taken down by the vigilante cops. Basically, have the gangs do their dirty work for them so that all they would have to do is fight the last gang standing, which would probably be on its last leg anyway. They would Ironically be hurting innocent people to do it, but it would be a "the means justify the ends" thing for them. Bam, there's the motive for the attacks. What do you guys think about that? Si or nah?

As far as the festival goes, I was thinking it would be an annual event in Shima that like, everybody goes to. Though a lot of scuffles are gonna happen in Rose district, on this festival day people don't really fight because of all the non ninja people from their districts who could get hurt. So most of the gangs usually just stick to their own little fourth of Rose that's closest to their district.

But this year is different, what with all the attacks that have been going on, I think that three of the gangs would have reason to cross into another gang's section of the festival. The Dragons would cross over to try to peacefully confront their enemies and ask that they limit their attacks to their gang members who can defend themselves. The Cobras would cross over just to fuck some shit up out of anger. And the Ghosts would cross over to prove that they're still powerful and won't stand for their district being attacked needlessly.

The Tigers would probably just be really anal about who steps over into their section of Rose because they make a ton of money during the festival, so their security would be on high alert and more volatile than usual.

How's that? Sound cool, si or nah?

Alsoooo....what kinda festival would you guys like to have? The only two ideas I could come up with were a New Years festival or a Cherry Blossom Festival.

Lemme know how you guys feel about that jumping point. I'd love to hear from all of you. Also...somethings been nagging me. Should we change the name of the Red Ghosts into the Red Devils? Or do you guys like Ghosts? Have a gr8 gr8 day my ninjas, and keep them characters coming (I'll be adding two later on :D )
I think it all sounds AMAZING! I am so super psyched for this to start o(≧∇≦o)

As for the festival, perhaps it could be a bit like a Chinese New Year with western influences? Or else something like the anniversary of the founding of the city.

Whatever happens, there will be ninjas kicking arse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back