• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Conversation - Fire Emblem Divide

Yeah but we can't chat with the members of the legion that way. The PMs divide half our players up.

I mean, I get that the RP is called FE Divide. But from what I've seen, everyone has wanted to interact with the opposite team since the very beginning. Splitting us up has prevented that

Personally though, I don't care. If everyone else is content with typing in the Conversation thread, who would I be to protest?

I think the idea is that the separate team PMs exist for secretive planning, and the OOC exists for if we all want to work together.

I think the idea is that the separate team PMs exist for secretive planning, and the OOC exists for if we all want to work together.
Exactly

Yeah but we can't chat with the members of the legion that way. The PMs divide half our players up.

I mean, I get that the RP is called FE Divide. But from what I've seen, everyone has wanted to interact with the opposite team since the very beginning. Splitting us up has prevented that
I pointed that out because you said people could see what you guys are planning, yet you guys have had those battle planning PMs from the jump. Splitting you guys up has never prevented you guys from talking to each other, this chat has always been here for you guys to talk to each other. I've never once told you guys you're only allowed to socialize with members of your own team. You guys didn't do it because you were focused on trying to beat each other, thus you only spoke to your own team mates in your battle planning PMs. Also, I think it was just natural for you guys to initially spend more time talking amongst your own teams and getting to know those players, discuss support ideas with them, etc. etc. But the purpose of those PMs was never to give you guys separate OOCs. We had to break the ice on you guys interacting between the two teams. Now that we've done that, the only thing stopping you from interacting with Legion members is yourself, and vice versa. I know for a fact all of you on this site have had regular OOCs for every other RP you've been in. I highly doubt your GMs have given you all a PM for OOC. It's the same thing here, lets not pretend I'm doing something new and unfamiliar to all of you here by having an OOC thread.

I'm not pretending anything. I'll just type in the Conversation thread. I'm really not picky about it. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

I'm not pretending anything. I'll just type in the Conversation thread. I'm really not picky about it. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.
I know. It's a nonissue. But if you're going to point out problems that aren't there, then you need to be ready for me to break it down for you. Because you make it seem like you're under the impression that using this chat means that you can't talk to Legion members, or that you have to do your planning here as well. And that's wrong. I want to make sure you understand what's going on here, because the issues you're pointing out aren't actually issues. And I don't want other players to get the same impression you have.

Is anyone in the process of making a character? Im working on a crusader gal from Malth, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to have some cooperating backstory goin on. I don’t want anyone to have to change their preexisting characters if they don’t want to.

I want her to have a better backstory than he ones I’ve been giving my most recent characters. Looking st some of y’alls characters inspired me to put a lot more effort into this one.

Is anyone in the process of making a character? Im working on a crusader gal from Malth, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to have some cooperating backstory goin on. I don’t want anyone to have to change their preexisting characters if they don’t want to.

I want her to have a better backstory than he ones I’ve been giving my most recent characters. Looking st some of y’alls characters inspired me to put a lot more effort into this one.

Technically we have a running list of peeps interested in such things. Though there might be more. :3

Those Interested In Collabing on Characters

Legion:
- Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
- @theglassangel
- InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
- @Lettuce

Alliance:
- CallmeMyth CallmeMyth
- @DoctorDiggles
- @Truthblade
- @IG42
- Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo

I know. It's a nonissue. But if you're going to point out problems that aren't there, then you need to be ready for me to break it down for you. Because you make it seem like you're under the impression that using this chat means that you can't talk to Legion members, or that you have to do your planning here as well. And that's wrong. I want to make sure you understand what's going on here, because the issues you're pointing out aren't actually issues. And I don't want other players to get the same impression you have.
I didn't say that not having PMs was a "problem." I just said that it's more convenient if we have PMs. But at the end of the day I don't care either way. If everyone else is ok with chatting in the Conversation thread, I am ok with it too.

I was never trying to make an issue in the first place, Blazu. Don't get the wrong idea, fam. I was just giving you guys my opinion. You are the type of GM that doesn't care if your members give you their opinions about things. Even if you don't personally agree with them. That's all I was trying to do.

Anyway, so the deal is "no PMs besides the ones we already have." Got it, boss. We cool, Blazu?

Last edited:
I didn't say that not having PMs was a "problem." I just said that it's more convenient if we have PMs. But at the end of the day I don't care either way. If everyone else is ok with chatting in the Conversation thread, I am ok with it too.
You just said it was more convenient? So it wasn't you who said:
Not gonna lie, I'd prefer to chat in the PM and only use the Conversation thread for stuff that's important. That would prevent the Conversation thread from being cluttered with unnecessary stuff.
which misrepresents the purpose of the Conversation thread and undermines threads that actually were created only for important stuff like Announcements and Questions and Feedback.

Or this:
I'd be willing to make a new PM at any time, of course. If you guys want to, maybe we could convince Blazu to let us make a new one.
which is an attempt to get everyone on board for setting up another PM, which is an odd thing to do if you're
really not picky about it. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

Are you saying you also didn't say:
It's just, here everyone can see what we post and they can see our plans.
which also misrepresents the purpose of the Conversation thread and also ignores the team PMs we have set up.

Speaking of those, was it not you who said:

Which misrepresents the purpose of your private PMs and implies that their existence means you aren't allowed to chat with the opposing team, and that you're only allowed to chat in those PMs.

Sure you might not have used the word "problem" directly, but if what you were saying in any of these quotes was true, they are 100% things that I and probably anyone else would consider to be problems.

I was never trying to make an issue in the first place, Blazu. Don't get the wrong idea, fam. I was just giving you guys my opinion. You are the type of GM that doesn't care if your members give you their opinions about things. Even if you don't personally agree with them. That's all I was trying to do.
I understand you were just giving your opinion and I'm all for that. I need to understand where you guys are coming from, I'm not getting heated over that, I'm not heated at all. But if you are going to give your opinion and your opinion is based on falsities and misunderstandings, then it would be irresponsible on my behalf to not correct you.

Anyway, so the deal is "no PMs besides the ones we already have." Got it, boss. We cool, Blazu?
That's not quite the deal. The deal is we aren't going to use a PM for our RP's OOC. Yes we're cool dude, I'm not angry with you and I'm sorry if I came off that way. I've merely been pointing out the flaws in your opinion. Notice how I agreed with you on the PM being more convenient, because that's absolutely true.

However, I don't want to sacrifice the RP's activity and relevance in the public eye of the site just because it's easier not to tag people or check back here regularly. We all know notifications on this site can be screwy even when you watch threads, but we should also all be used to dealing with that by now. And like I said, it would be irresponsible on my behalf to just let false information sit here without a word from me, or to let you as an individual player go on believing in things that simply aren't true. It's my job to clear these things up for you, don't take it as anger or annoyance. It's just me being Daddy.

emojieyes.png

Wait, is Orikanyo Orikanyo a newbie??

I think Ori’s in the new world. Or at least was? Idk.

He has a ton of faceclaims though

Aight then go for it. Maybe get a coke if the theater isn't gonna ask for your firstborn as payment, although I don't know any theater that won't. But Idk your disgust might keep you awake.
I forgot who tf I'm talking to, you've literally been up when I've been up at like 3am in Cali lmfao. You'll be fine dog go to it so you can destroy it with me in whiny nerd convos

Star_Wars_18_speeding_cars.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back