• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Conversation - Fire Emblem Divide

Aight then go for it. Maybe get a coke if the theater isn't gonna ask for your firstborn as payment, although I don't know any theater that won't. But Idk your disgust might keep you awake.

You know...I think I will.
I'm hella curious about this CGI lip and all the divided opinions and how WB is in complete panic mode right now and fkk it in the hopes of one day getting a Batfam film I'll throw them my 5 bucks

Discount day is only 5 bucks but coke still cost 30--

I forgot who tf I'm talking to, you've literally been up when I've been up at like 3am in Cali lmfao. You'll be fine dog go to it so you can destroy it with me in whiny nerd convos

Star_Wars_18_speeding_cars.gif

The sad thing is I'll probably be up at 6 even when I'm back in Cali, too...

You know...I think I will.
I'm hella curious about this CGI lip and all the divided opinions and how WB is in complete panic mode right now and fkk it in the hopes of one day getting a Batfam film I'll throw them my 5 bucks

Discount day is only 5 bucks but coke still cost 30--

The sad thing is I'll probably be up at 6 even when I'm back in Cali, too...
Yeah fucking go for it man, witness it for yourself. If anything #DoItForGal because they'll never give you a Batfam movie, they don't have the testes to do it.

I think you've blessed me with your pretzel powers because I've slept like an hour in the past 3 days and I feel great. And that's not even because I've been doing hella shit, I just legitimately haven't been tired. This may have something to do with my dank shortage

Yeah fucking go for it man, witness it for yourself. If anything #DoItForGal because they'll never give you a Batfam movie, they don't have the testes to do it.

I think you've blessed me with your pretzel powers because I've slept like an hour in the past 3 days and I feel great. And that's not even because I've been doing hella shit, I just legitimately haven't been tired. This may have something to do with my dank shortage

The theater is like empty yikes
Usually I can't even get a ticket on Discount Day unless I buy it ahead of time

Also the attendant knew me because apparently I "come in all the time" I...I do I really tho?
Like maybe I've paid for 4,5 movies at this theater this year
Don't notice me damnit
This is very tilting for some reason

GDI Schumacher Shitstorm was like 20 years ago! That's like 1/5 of a century!!
Let him live!!!
Let them...live......

I'll donate 5 dollars for Blaze to have his ver of BvS with its ~happy ending~ tho ;>

1 hour 3 days just sounds unhealthy
I can pass you all these witch potions my dad has been trying to get me to brew to solve my "sleeping problem."
Who knows one of them might work

I'm gonna be hella kukd if Divide kicks up while I'm in Cali
I need that 3 hour time buff I need it
I might have to actually.....post......on not-Saturday.... horror....

The theater is like empty yikes
Usually I can't even get a ticket on Discount Day unless I buy it ahead of time

Also the attendant knew me because apparently I "come in all the time" I...I do I really tho?
Like maybe I've paid for 4,5 movies at this theater this year
Don't notice me damnit
This is very tilting for some reason

GDI Schumacher Shitstorm was like 20 years ago! That's like 1/5 of a century!!
Let him live!!!
Let them...live......

I'll donate 5 dollars for Blaze to have his ver of BvS with its ~happy ending~ tho ;>

1 hour 3 days just sounds unhealthy
I can pass you all these witch potions my dad has been trying to get me to brew to solve my "sleeping problem."
Who knows one of them might work

I'm gonna be hella kukd if Divide kicks up while I'm in Cali
I need that 3 hour time buff I need it
I might have to actually.....post......on not-Saturday.... horror....
Dude you're so fucking lucky you can just walk into a theater for a new movie and get a seat. I swear there's some illuminati shit going down in my town with the theaters. Tell me why out of the two theaters in my town, suddenly only one of them shows brand new movies, and that theater recently installed those fucking useless reclining seats for all their screens, which makes the tickets more expensive. And even worse... It's fucking assigned seating

I fucking hate when people at a service I use on a somewhat regular basis (or semi regularly I'm a fucking hermit) recognize me, idk why. I guess I just like to float under the radar. I feel you.

If they do decide to make a batfam movie I'll fucling eat my words, but I feel like right now the best case scenario is a batgirl and/or Nightwing appearance. I highly doubt they'll throw us any robin other than Dick, and I also doubt they'll give us a Batwoman. If they do bring in Jason they'll probably make an entire fucking movie about it but at this point that'd be like pretending ppl don't already know Darth Vader is Luke's daddy. But if they do decide to be dope I'll gladly dip my words in BBQ sauce and eat them.

I would pay all my shekels and both of my acorns for any happy ending involving wonder woman.

Actually that's a lie I totally slept hella well on Sunday because I was drunk. So it's only been like two days. I usually have no problem getting to sleep, I fap and I nap and it's g. If weed is involved then it's capital G.

Idk, unless you're gonna be in Cali during January, I think you'll be straight. I'm really tryna fine tune our damage dealing and shit with the app so I'm tryna get a bit of testing in before we hit up Ch. 2. But hypothetically the Saturday grind should never stop because I'm tryna see some side quest activity. I mean like shit I really wanna see that get going because I feel like it'll attract a lot more people to the RP than regular threads, and also in the entirety of the blazeverse fe rps no one's ever finished one, and also also, there's no way I'm breaking out any of my blazequests until y'all finish one of your own.

Well... I saw it.
Can safely say I had a much better time than I was expecting. Probably because my expectations were so low even a snail could have hopped over them
Still couldn't turn my brain off for pointing out all the kuk
But I definitely think peeps have been way harsh on this film
Personal 2 favorite shots: Barry running past Superman and at first he seems frozen but then you see his eyes move and Barry's reaction was just so fkkn perfect and I got chills
And then Batman's little fanboy grin when Supes shows up there were exactly as many gay baterman moments as I'd expect from Justice League and I'm so glad
There were a surprising amount of great moments for a film that was edited, written, and acted so terribly
Like that sounds backhanded but it's tru

Dude you're so fucking lucky you can just walk into a theater for a new movie and get a seat. I swear there's some illuminati shit going down in my town with the theaters. Tell me why out of the two theaters in my town, suddenly only one of them shows brand new movies, and that theater recently installed those fucking useless reclining seats for all their screens, which makes the tickets more expensive. And even worse... It's fucking assigned seating

I fucking hate when people at a service I use on a somewhat regular basis (or semi regularly I'm a fucking hermit) recognize me, idk why. I guess I just like to float under the radar. I feel you.

If they do decide to make a batfam movie I'll fucling eat my words, but I feel like right now the best case scenario is a batgirl and/or Nightwing appearance. I highly doubt they'll throw us any robin other than Dick, and I also doubt they'll give us a Batwoman. If they do bring in Jason they'll probably make an entire fucking movie about it but at this point that'd be like pretending ppl don't already know Darth Vader is Luke's daddy. But if they do decide to be dope I'll gladly dip my words in BBQ sauce and eat them.

I would pay all my shekels and both of my acorns for any happy ending involving wonder woman.

Actually that's a lie I totally slept hella well on Sunday because I was drunk. So it's only been like two days. I usually have no problem getting to sleep, I fap and I nap and it's g. If weed is involved then it's capital G.

Idk, unless you're gonna be in Cali during January, I think you'll be straight. I'm really tryna fine tune our damage dealing and shit with the app so I'm tryna get a bit of testing in before we hit up Ch. 2. But hypothetically the Saturday grind should never stop because I'm tryna see some side quest activity. I mean like shit I really wanna see that get going because I feel like it'll attract a lot more people to the RP than regular threads, and also in the entirety of the blazeverse fe rps no one's ever finished one, and also also, there's no way I'm breaking out any of my blazequests until y'all finish one of your own.

Yeah...as long as it's not Discount Day getting into movies isn't really a problem here. Our theater is pretty tiny and only plays the biggest blockbusters though. It would be overpriced if not for the discounts (they also do student discounts but I've been lazy about getting my card renewed lol).
I hate those fancy theaters...I don't want to be charged for shit I don't care about lolol. Ok but my former roommate who just came back from the war apparently with a film bug so I actually have someone to go see shit with now and every time it's a bitch fit over how the US doesn't used assigned seating and I'm just like...I honestly couldn't care less. But I'm always making us late so I get the guilt trip when we don't get the best fkkn seats. xD
I did discover the one theater at the end of the line which is incredibly fancy...they actually do dinner service to your seat haha. I ended up seeking Dunkirk and Valerian there in the same weekend cause of some bad planning decisions and I hate money I guess but it was actually pretty nice to be pampered like that.....
Nothing is sexier than eating ice cream while you're watching men get brutally shot up and drowned in a gritty wwii thriller

strongly tries to resist Batfam rant I just...It's a fucking thing that we're living in a universe where Robin is presumably fkkn murdered and yet we have the Justice League. Cause you know it's not like fkkn Nightwing was important to the Justice League at all. Like fine. If you're gonna jump down the throat of gritty older Batman that's fkkn fine. But can we at least acknowledge that if you referenced Death in the Family mother fkkn Nightwing is out there somewhere??? Like honestly that could be a pretty awesome movie to watch super EDGEBatflack having to deal with the estrangement from his son and then integrating him into the team...okay I'm probably dreaming cause we're gonna have Flash Point and nothing will matter but I still think it would be a really good idea and will allow his current kuky character to grow in interesting ways that might forgive the kuk. Barbara as Batgirl could also work very well in this universe taking on a more traditional Robin role of having Batman as a kind of mentor. I mean it would make the scenes from Killing Joke anime even more awkward and cringe but I could see something like that being cool. Having at least Dick and Barbara I'd count my blessings.
The thing is I honestly don't think we're going to get a better character study of this version of Batman than the Dark Knight. Especially not with the script writers WB has working now. His character truly gets to shine when he has an ensemble to play with, and they can challenge him to grow in more interesting ways that we haven't seen...not to mention how much they are absofuckklutely kuking themselves on the variety of Batman stories they can adapt. I honestly
I really don't fkkn know what's going on in their little heads but we need to have the Batfam back.
It was so refreshing to see them all in Lego Bat not to mention all the super gay not even sub suptext between him and Joker lmfao and I think they hit the dynamic perfectly. I'm only sinning LegoBat for perpetuating dumb useless kid Robin but at least he fkkn existed and was precious.

Also if you're referring to Red Hood I honestly don't think 99% of normies know who Jason Todd is let alone there being more than one Robin lmao
I would love to live in the world where Red Hood happened but it's obviously not this one not with Batman's kill count lmfaoooo
Tbh I would be fine with him being like a cameo in a Nightwing-centric film tho

the legendary fap and naps.....

I really wanna see Side Quests going too -world's biggest emoji eyes-
I really want to see that blazequest

Random side note but I was laughing at how much Steppenwolf was basically the new villain they brought in for Fire Emblem Heroes.
Except you know
I probably like Steppenwolf more. Which is saying something.
also also I'm a bit depressed that the novel Steppenwolf has now fallen off the first page of Google search

Do you guys ever just read trough the stuff in your private workshop and cringe at some of your older characters or even role play ideas ya started typing up but never finished?

I was actually impressed at how much I had written for one of my role play ideas.
Usually I write half an intro then quit.

Turns out I made a few ok looking bbcodes for some characters I never ended up using too. Everything else was a cringe fest...

Do you guys ever just read trough the stuff in your private workshop and cringe at some of your older characters or even role play ideas ya started typing up but never finished?

For me, I look back at all the poor characters I'll never have a chance to use most of the time.

Turn that record over you ain't seen nothin' yet

//This is what me and pretz's pms look like

Well... I saw it.
Can safely say I had a much better time than I was expecting. Probably because my expectations were so low even a snail could have hopped over them
Still couldn't turn my brain off for pointing out all the kuk
But I definitely think peeps have been way harsh on this film
Personal 2 favorite shots: Barry running past Superman and at first he seems frozen but then you see his eyes move and Barry's reaction was just so fkkn perfect and I got chills
And then Batman's little fanboy grin when Supes shows up there were exactly as many gay baterman moments as I'd expect from Justice League and I'm so glad
There were a surprising amount of great moments for a film that was edited, written, and acted so terribly
Like that sounds backhanded but it's tru

Yeah...as long as it's not Discount Day getting into movies isn't really a problem here. Our theater is pretty tiny and only plays the biggest blockbusters though. It would be overpriced if not for the discounts (they also do student discounts but I've been lazy about getting my card renewed lol).
I hate those fancy theaters...I don't want to be charged for shit I don't care about lolol. Ok but my former roommate who just came back from the war apparently with a film bug so I actually have someone to go see shit with now and every time it's a bitch fit over how the US doesn't used assigned seating and I'm just like...I honestly couldn't care less. But I'm always making us late so I get the guilt trip when we don't get the best fkkn seats. xD
I did discover the one theater at the end of the line which is incredibly fancy...they actually do dinner service to your seat haha. I ended up seeking Dunkirk and Valerian there in the same weekend cause of some bad planning decisions and I hate money I guess but it was actually pretty nice to be pampered like that.....
Nothing is sexier than eating ice cream while you're watching men get brutally shot up and drowned in a gritty wwii thriller

strongly tries to resist Batfam rant I just...It's a fucking thing that we're living in a universe where Robin is presumably fkkn murdered and yet we have the Justice League. Cause you know it's not like fkkn Nightwing was important to the Justice League at all. Like fine. If you're gonna jump down the throat of gritty older Batman that's fkkn fine. But can we at least acknowledge that if you referenced Death in the Family mother fkkn Nightwing is out there somewhere??? Like honestly that could be a pretty awesome movie to watch super EDGEBatflack having to deal with the estrangement from his son and then integrating him into the team...okay I'm probably dreaming cause we're gonna have Flash Point and nothing will matter but I still think it would be a really good idea and will allow his current kuky character to grow in interesting ways that might forgive the kuk. Barbara as Batgirl could also work very well in this universe taking on a more traditional Robin role of having Batman as a kind of mentor. I mean it would make the scenes from Killing Joke anime even more awkward and cringe but I could see something like that being cool. Having at least Dick and Barbara I'd count my blessings.
The thing is I honestly don't think we're going to get a better character study of this version of Batman than the Dark Knight. Especially not with the script writers WB has working now. His character truly gets to shine when he has an ensemble to play with, and they can challenge him to grow in more interesting ways that we haven't seen...not to mention how much they are absofuckklutely kuking themselves on the variety of Batman stories they can adapt. I honestly
I really don't fkkn know what's going on in their little heads but we need to have the Batfam back.
It was so refreshing to see them all in Lego Bat not to mention all the super gay not even sub suptext between him and Joker lmfao and I think they hit the dynamic perfectly. I'm only sinning LegoBat for perpetuating dumb useless kid Robin but at least he fkkn existed and was precious.

Also if you're referring to Red Hood I honestly don't think 99% of normies know who Jason Todd is let alone there being more than one Robin lmao
I would love to live in the world where Red Hood happened but it's obviously not this one not with Batman's kill count lmfaoooo
Tbh I would be fine with him being like a cameo in a Nightwing-centric film tho

the legendary fap and naps.....

I really wanna see Side Quests going too -world's biggest emoji eyes-
I really want to see that blazequest

Random side note but I was laughing at how much Steppenwolf was basically the new villain they brought in for Fire Emblem Heroes.
Except you know
I probably like Steppenwolf more. Which is saying something.
also also I'm a bit depressed that the novel Steppenwolf has now fallen off the first page of Google search
Ok so now that you've seen it I can really go in.

Aight so my biggest problem was the god dang visuals. Jesus Christ the cgi in JL hurts my fucking soul. From the jump, when they show Batman on the the gargoyle or whatever at the beginning of the movie with his totally not cgi cape flowing I was like "oh god noooo... NOOOOOOO" The cgi in this movie has no business being as bad as it is. I was in disbelief for some of that shit like "omfg someone thought this was okay to put out?" There's Spy Kids 3 level of green screen in a ton of places, and every time Steppenwolf is on the screen my balls receded into my body. The costumes looked like shit, and some YouTuber explained why, I forget who. But basically, the costumes were clearly designed for a color correction that looked more like BvS, you know kinda dark and night time like. But then they changed it to that sort of red apocalyptic feel and it just made them all look like hot shite.

From a design perspective though, Aquipaman's costume was the worst because holy fucking shit on a stick on a stick man. Okay so, they go through the trouble of casting the literal slab of meat that us Jason Momoa and male a point to show off the sick tats. Then they went and covered his ass up in a full suit of fucked up, indistinct ass armor. All they had to do was keep the pants, make him shirtless, and give him a pauldron. Bam. That would even look like an actual version of Aquaman, he legit has the beard and long hair and the costume I described sometimes. Plus him not having the armor would've emphasized that Aquaman is fucking bulletproof. A lot of people don't fucking know how badass Aquaman is, they think that all he can do is talk to fish. But he's god tier like every other DC hero. And since there was a huge push to demonstrate that Aquaman isn't fucking lame in this movie, it seems real dumb that no one thought, "dog, no fucking shirt"

I don't wanna nitpick too much, because I know the movie had hella production troubles and shit. And there are some definite highlights for me. So I'll just leave the negatives at that for now. The movie looked like shit. But yo, the charisma of the actors and the rapport between the characters was solid. I love how Batman and Wonder Woman are kinda like the Mom and Dad of the team. It makes sense because both of them have been doing their thing longer than Cyborg and Flash. And I love Aquipaman as the estranged quippy uncle. I keep calling him that, but I do like this Aquaman a whole lot and I wanna see more. But for the love of fuck, please give him a gold trident down the line at least.

Both the moments you mentioned are great moments. I really liked how they did a sort of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's monster thing with Cyborg and his dad. I fucking hated Cyborg's design when they were showing it off, but I do like how he smoothed out and changed himself after he stopped seeing himself as a monster. He got a lot more character development than I thought they would give him, and I was glad for that. I just hope they use him to branch off into something Titans related, please for the love of fuck.

Also, there were some dope moments where being a DC fan really paid off. Like Flash's comment about knowing Gorilla sign language made me simultaneously lul and cream my pants. Because if Warner Bros has the gall to bring Gorilla Grodd into this I'll suck whoever's dick needs to be sucked at Warner Bros. Which brings me to overall frustration with the DCEU. It's not really their fault, but they took a huge tonal misstep at the beginning of this thing and it just butterfly effect'd it's way to this movie. And I can't really fault them because Marvel made the same mistake.

When they started this thing with Man of Steel, they were flying high off of the success of the Nolanverse. The dark and realistic shit works for Batman, because he's Batman, man. He has the real life superpowers of wealth and crossfit. Batman can be easily grounded into a dark and realistic tone if you ignore/alter his rogues gallery.

But for Supes... if they wanted to do gritty and realistic then I wish they fucking gave us gritty and realistic. When I imagine a gritty and realistic Superman, I imagine Zod just landing and annihilating a regular human motherfucker in brütal detail. Maybe I'm just a sick fuck, but when I think "realistic Superman" I need to see some fucking gore. Had they done that, and had they had Superman saving motherfuckers directly from a fucked up and gruesome death, it really would've hammered home the whole god complex they built around him, and would've made the action more compelling because we know wtf awaits anyone just standing around if Supes fucks up. On top of that, they got Zack fucking Snyder to make that movie. Have you seen his director's cut of Watchmen? He does brütal action really fucking well. But nooooo they kuk'd themselves for a PG-13 rating. I just feel like if they were going to do dark and gritty for this universe, then all this shit needed an R-Rating. There's no fucking way Suicide Squad shouldn't have been a god damn hard R. But fucking no, I get it. PG-13 movies make moar money. Fiiiiiine. THEN MAKE THE DAMN MOVIES DONE! Explore some of DC's wacky shit!! Lighten the fuck up! Their tonal half measure they took with Man of Steel fucked every movie they made up to JL and it blows. If they'd gone full dark it would've been dope. If they'd gone full camp it would've dope. Maybe there was a gentle medium they could've achieved, but they fucking didn't.

I do think that'll change, as hard as I am on the DCEU I'm optimistic about it. Especially since all the characters showed so much chemistry in Justice League. It's not too late for the DCEU to get it's shit together.

Part of the reason why I'm optimistic about it is because imo it took a while for Marvel to really start killing it too. Part of the problem was after Ironman they felt a need to ground everything in "science" and shit, and that's why the first two Thor movies got kinda kuk'd. There's quite a few phase 1 and 2 marvel movies that are pretty garbo if you ask me. If they could get it right, I think DC can too.

But overall, I just can't accept this movie as the first Justice League movie. Out of all the villains DC has at it's disposal we got kuk'd with Steppenwolf. Everything feels chopped to hell, the scenes just stumble into each other. It's rushed af and I just can't accept that shit for a Justice League movie. It's Justice League. Granted my expectations weren't that high after all of DC's missteps but it doesn't soften the blow. But I'm willing to let this movie die on the cross for a better future. I hope that if they're gonma continue on this route they aren't afraid to get nuts. Thank god Wonder Woman did pretty well, I think if not for that they'd completely abandon this shit. I fucling hope Wonder Woman 2 has her doing some dope shit over in Themyscira like fighting giant sharks or whatever. Plz DC, get weird.

I can't deal with fancy pants theaters man, the assigned seating just really fucks me up. When I went to see Thor Ragnarok we didn't even know they were doing that shit so everyone ended up sitting separately and hella close to screen. It suuuuuucked. I mean the movie was dope but the theater fucking played us maaaan. It feels so weird to have to like plan ahead for movies now. And they put one of those public notices up to start selling alcohol and shit and I'm like bruh wtf are you doing. It'd be fine if it wasn't the only theater in town that showed new movies now but it is. I feel like the other theater's gonna get kuk'd hardcore and close down now.

Honestly I'm not tryna see another Batman movie unless it's a Batfam movie. It's gonna be a real hard sell for me otherwise. I get why Nolan did what Nolan did and I love those movies. But now that he's out of the picture it's time to take the gloves off. I need batfam. I need dope ass villains. I need wacky ass villains. I need a god damn Batman movie that isn't afraid to be a Batman movie. Lego Batman fucking nailed it man. I'm almost a little upset that it nailed the batman learning to be in a family again thing so well, because now it's gonna cast a shadow over a future batfam film if they go that route. Which seems like a route they'd have to take with this Batman. But like you said, they're doing Flashpoint so who the fuck knows what's gonna happen with this Batman.

Idk man I feel like a lotta normies are woke about Jason Todd because Under the Red Hood was lit on Netflix and Arkham Knight had him in it. But you're right I'm willing to be there are a ton of fucking people that don't know there are multiple robins. LMFAO if they did do Jason Todd though, it could be pretty funny. Like he comes back and he's all killing people and shit because he thinks Batman doesn't do what must be done. But Batman's like "idgaf i kill ppl all the time now" and Jason's like "w-wait what" and he has to reevaluate his plan to get back at his surrogate father figure lmfao. That could actually be an interesting take on a story arc lmao. Like he changes his tune and tries to get Batman to stop killing ppl lmfao. Maybe that'd be too lego batman-y

I haven't checked but lately because I've been doing
tumblr_mju0eoiYjQ1qgkqy9o1_500.gif

but how are those side quests going? Cause I really am tryna see that shit get going. But idk, it's finals season and also holiday season so I could understand if ain't shit happening rn. Still though. I wanna see that shit poppin eventually.

If the new FE Heroes villain is worse than Steppenwolf then I'm even happier I've stuck to my No More Heroes initiative.

Turn that record over you ain't seen nothin' yet

//This is what me and pretz's pms look like

Ok so now that you've seen it I can really go in.

Aight so my biggest problem was the god dang visuals. Jesus Christ the cgi in JL hurts my fucking soul. From the jump, when they show Batman on the the gargoyle or whatever at the beginning of the movie with his totally not cgi cape flowing I was like "oh god noooo... NOOOOOOO" The cgi in this movie has no business being as bad as it is. I was in disbelief for some of that shit like "omfg someone thought this was okay to put out?" There's Spy Kids 3 level of green screen in a ton of places, and every time Steppenwolf is on the screen my balls receded into my body. The costumes looked like shit, and some YouTuber explained why, I forget who. But basically, the costumes were clearly designed for a color correction that looked more like BvS, you know kinda dark and night time like. But then they changed it to that sort of red apocalyptic feel and it just made them all look like hot shite.

From a design perspective though, Aquipaman's costume was the worst because holy fucking shit on a stick on a stick man. Okay so, they go through the trouble of casting the literal slab of meat that us Jason Momoa and male a point to show off the sick tats. Then they went and covered his ass up in a full suit of fucked up, indistinct ass armor. All they had to do was keep the pants, make him shirtless, and give him a pauldron. Bam. That would even look like an actual version of Aquaman, he legit has the beard and long hair and the costume I described sometimes. Plus him not having the armor would've emphasized that Aquaman is fucking bulletproof. A lot of people don't fucking know how badass Aquaman is, they think that all he can do is talk to fish. But he's god tier like every other DC hero. And since there was a huge push to demonstrate that Aquaman isn't fucking lame in this movie, it seems real dumb that no one thought, "dog, no fucking shirt"

I don't wanna nitpick too much, because I know the movie had hella production troubles and shit. And there are some definite highlights for me. So I'll just leave the negatives at that for now. The movie looked like shit. But yo, the charisma of the actors and the rapport between the characters was solid. I love how Batman and Wonder Woman are kinda like the Mom and Dad of the team. It makes sense because both of them have been doing their thing longer than Cyborg and Flash. And I love Aquipaman as the estranged quippy uncle. I keep calling him that, but I do like this Aquaman a whole lot and I wanna see more. But for the love of fuck, please give him a gold trident down the line at least.

Both the moments you mentioned are great moments. I really liked how they did a sort of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's monster thing with Cyborg and his dad. I fucking hated Cyborg's design when they were showing it off, but I do like how he smoothed out and changed himself after he stopped seeing himself as a monster. He got a lot more character development than I thought they would give him, and I was glad for that. I just hope they use him to branch off into something Titans related, please for the love of fuck.

Also, there were some dope moments where being a DC fan really paid off. Like Flash's comment about knowing Gorilla sign language made me simultaneously lul and cream my pants. Because if Warner Bros has the gall to bring Gorilla Grodd into this I'll suck whoever's dick needs to be sucked at Warner Bros. Which brings me to overall frustration with the DCEU. It's not really their fault, but they took a huge tonal misstep at the beginning of this thing and it just butterfly effect'd it's way to this movie. And I can't really fault them because Marvel made the same mistake.

When they started this thing with Man of Steel, they were flying high off of the success of the Nolanverse. The dark and realistic shit works for Batman, because he's Batman, man. He has the real life superpowers of wealth and crossfit. Batman can be easily grounded into a dark and realistic tone if you ignore/alter his rogues gallery.

But for Supes... if they wanted to do gritty and realistic then I wish they fucking gave us gritty and realistic. When I imagine a gritty and realistic Superman, I imagine Zod just landing and annihilating a regular human motherfucker in brütal detail. Maybe I'm just a sick fuck, but when I think "realistic Superman" I need to see some fucking gore. Had they done that, and had they had Superman saving motherfuckers directly from a fucked up and gruesome death, it really would've hammered home the whole god complex they built around him, and would've made the action more compelling because we know wtf awaits anyone just standing around if Supes fucks up. On top of that, they got Zack fucking Snyder to make that movie. Have you seen his director's cut of Watchmen? He does brütal action really fucking well. But nooooo they kuk'd themselves for a PG-13 rating. I just feel like if they were going to do dark and gritty for this universe, then all this shit needed an R-Rating. There's no fucking way Suicide Squad shouldn't have been a god damn hard R. But fucking no, I get it. PG-13 movies make moar money. Fiiiiiine. THEN MAKE THE DAMN MOVIES DONE! Explore some of DC's wacky shit!! Lighten the fuck up! Their tonal half measure they took with Man of Steel fucked every movie they made up to JL and it blows. If they'd gone full dark it would've been dope. If they'd gone full camp it would've dope. Maybe there was a gentle medium they could've achieved, but they fucking didn't.

I do think that'll change, as hard as I am on the DCEU I'm optimistic about it. Especially since all the characters showed so much chemistry in Justice League. It's not too late for the DCEU to get it's shit together.

Part of the reason why I'm optimistic about it is because imo it took a while for Marvel to really start killing it too. Part of the problem was after Ironman they felt a need to ground everything in "science" and shit, and that's why the first two Thor movies got kinda kuk'd. There's quite a few phase 1 and 2 marvel movies that are pretty garbo if you ask me. If they could get it right, I think DC can too.

But overall, I just can't accept this movie as the first Justice League movie. Out of all the villains DC has at it's disposal we got kuk'd with Steppenwolf. Everything feels chopped to hell, the scenes just stumble into each other. It's rushed af and I just can't accept that shit for a Justice League movie. It's Justice League. Granted my expectations weren't that high after all of DC's missteps but it doesn't soften the blow. But I'm willing to let this movie die on the cross for a better future. I hope that if they're gonma continue on this route they aren't afraid to get nuts. Thank god Wonder Woman did pretty well, I think if not for that they'd completely abandon this shit. I fucling hope Wonder Woman 2 has her doing some dope shit over in Themyscira like fighting giant sharks or whatever. Plz DC, get weird.

I can't deal with fancy pants theaters man, the assigned seating just really fucks me up. When I went to see Thor Ragnarok we didn't even know they were doing that shit so everyone ended up sitting separately and hella close to screen. It suuuuuucked. I mean the movie was dope but the theater fucking played us maaaan. It feels so weird to have to like plan ahead for movies now. And they put one of those public notices up to start selling alcohol and shit and I'm like bruh wtf are you doing. It'd be fine if it wasn't the only theater in town that showed new movies now but it is. I feel like the other theater's gonna get kuk'd hardcore and close down now.

Honestly I'm not tryna see another Batman movie unless it's a Batfam movie. It's gonna be a real hard sell for me otherwise. I get why Nolan did what Nolan did and I love those movies. But now that he's out of the picture it's time to take the gloves off. I need batfam. I need dope ass villains. I need wacky ass villains. I need a god damn Batman movie that isn't afraid to be a Batman movie. Lego Batman fucking nailed it man. I'm almost a little upset that it nailed the batman learning to be in a family again thing so well, because now it's gonna cast a shadow over a future batfam film if they go that route. Which seems like a route they'd have to take with this Batman. But like you said, they're doing Flashpoint so who the fuck knows what's gonna happen with this Batman.

Idk man I feel like a lotta normies are woke about Jason Todd because Under the Red Hood was lit on Netflix and Arkham Knight had him in it. But you're right I'm willing to be there are a ton of fucking people that don't know there are multiple robins. LMFAO if they did do Jason Todd though, it could be pretty funny. Like he comes back and he's all killing people and shit because he thinks Batman doesn't do what must be done. But Batman's like "idgaf i kill ppl all the time now" and Jason's like "w-wait what" and he has to reevaluate his plan to get back at his surrogate father figure lmfao. That could actually be an interesting take on a story arc lmao. Like he changes his tune and tries to get Batman to stop killing ppl lmfao. Maybe that'd be too lego batman-y

I haven't checked but lately because I've been doing
tumblr_mju0eoiYjQ1qgkqy9o1_500.gif

but how are those side quests going? Cause I really am tryna see that shit get going. But idk, it's finals season and also holiday season so I could understand if ain't shit happening rn. Still though. I wanna see that shit poppin eventually.

If the new FE Heroes villain is worse than Steppenwolf then I'm even happier I've stuck to my No More Heroes initiative.

Every time I see the word kuk I gain half a soul point. Seriously this word has taken over my life and all my friends are some level of disgusted and confused I think the exact quote was "pls stop you sound like a Breitbart-reading r/TheDonald posting 12yo" but they don't understand that I've ascended and jokes on them cause now they're using it too

Gdi I wasn't going to reply to this tonight but it's better than packing and your post brought Light into this Dark Soul, restoring it juuuust enough so #generation fuq it

I live for text walls u da real homie

I...yeah the visuals were inexcusable. I know the reason why they were shit...because of all the reshoots and WB refusing to push back the release date because of Star Wars and $$$...but it doesn't help. I could not unsee PS3 cutscene Steppenwolf. I was laughing through a good portion of the film because of all the criticisms I'd heard coming to life so it was a good thing the theater was almost empty lmfao.
Luckily for me I can overlook shitty special effects cause most of the movies I like were made on shoestring budgets before they had even invented computers so my brain can do a lot of jumping. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate how fkkn terrible they were.
100% agreed on the costumes tho...for me the worst was Superman actually, cause the way the light hit the material on his suit made it look the bad kind of discount Halloween bin shiny. Yikes. But yea I must have heard/read the same thing too, how Synder builds his costumes to fit a certain aesthetic and lighting but when you turn up the lights and brighten the color correction alllll those shitty details show holy shit was that Half in the Bag?
Actually I went to NYCC this year and they had a big Justice League display which was lowkey my favorite part of the exhibit hall cause it showed all their costumes and I was just laughing at how terrible they looked...like Flash being covered in all the chicken wire...Batman having literal sunglasses...and then my favorite was how Aquaman's junk was just like waaaaay sitting out there like wOA and my friends and I were trying to see who had the biggus dickus according to the sculptor because we're adults. So of course when I was watching the movie that's all I could think of whenever he was on screen.

I think Aquaman got kukd in more than just his costume design. So like, I think the movie had a decent structure. It was relatively simple to follow and was able to fit all the necessary bullshit into place. Everyone also had their own little character arc more or less. Except...Aquaman. Every time he was on screen I kept feeling like there was a scene I'd blinked and missed or something cause they kept throwing out lore that was never established and like...his conflict with being "both of the land and sea..." his entire battle with Steppenbabby didn't make any fkkn sense (everyone knows water type beats fire type also where were the rest of the Atlantians). And it sucks cause I'm also on the "Let Aquaman Live" train even though I haven't read many of his comics, he's an ocean person that's all you need to get me tf on board. But his character arc was nonexistent cause his introduction was fkkd. It definitely felt like they expected us to have seen the Aquaman film already. Which we...have not.

And like I said the editing in this movie was....it was. The first couple of scenes I was like "oh no....oh noooo" like u except for me it was the shitty editing (like the Batman fight scene I think they used like 5 cuts to show one kick at one point and I was just like y). It didn't help that the movie expects you to recognize that BvS exists but also expects you to believe that it was a completely different movie. So for each of the first 10 opening scenes I kept feeling like I had missed another previous 10 scenes that explain wtf was going on. And then shit like the random Wonder Woman bank scene (which was amazing because she was easily the best actor in the whole film but also completely fkkn useless and sliced into probably the dumbest place it could have been). But as it got going it toned down on that shit at least. And yeah like you said it's not easy having 2 different directors with completely different styles (though for me I found they gelled together a lot better than I thought they would or maybe I'm just dumb idk).
So really what perplexed me was how terrible 90% of the acting was...like I swear it was the weirdest thing. Like the lines were written really awkwardly then delivered really awkwardly and sometimes it kind of worked out ok then other times I was just sitting there going like "wow...a director shot that and then said it was okay and put it in the film." Like the cussing grandma scene literally made me go "WTF" out loud because she was so terrible at her line delivery and I couldn't stop laughing and then there was this super serious scene about death going on under it and I was just like but. There was another "WTF" scene at the end in the battle but I can't remember what it was and I'm sad because I think it was even more bizarre.
Affleck was the most disappointing cause I actually do really like him despite how kuk he can be sometimes. But I feel like he was phoning it in big time. :/
Uhm but the Wonder Woman x Batman scenes tho :lenny::lenny::lenny:

Cyborg and Flash were both pleasant surprises. A lot of peeps saying that Flash was annoying and I was like "ooo no I hate comic relief characters no no no" but I ended up loving him. I mean Ezra Miller is pretty solid and his lines were written weird but he used it to his advantage and it was beautiful. Also he had a really really nicely done arc despite having very little introduction and no solo film so....good on you filmmakers. Gold star.
Then Cyborg peeps were saying that he got kukd out of the movie but I think he also had a pretty nice arc too, even if it wasn't resolved as elegantly as Flash's. I think he's a great character and would like to see more of him. I love how you compare it to Frankenstein cause I think you hit it right on the head and it's an awesome direction. I think a scene showing why he changed his mind to fight for the League would have helped. And maybe a few other little character moments to really solidify it.

We'll never get Teen Titans cause Robin is dead to Hollywood I thought we went over this.

And yup...I have to agree that they did have pretty good chemistry. Which won't matter since they're all probably getting recast but I do like what we have. Just maybe Afleck and Cavill need to like...try next time. I know they can. they managed to try for each other tho careless whisper plays in the background

I have to agree that Dark Knight as much as I fkkn love that film and it's one of the few movies I've seen multiple times cause I'm a kuk who hates rewatching shit and it was an accumulation of sentiment about what was appropriate for Batman at the time and like I get it...but, yea. Superman is not the Dark Knight. They're interesting cause they have contrast. I mean a gritty Superman could work but you'd have to abandon everything that makes him Superman.
They really just got him so god awfully wrong that it hurts to think about so I try not to. And I was a Cavil apologist so...there was a time when I thought he was...not bad...in MoS. I think the franchise is secretly paid with his charisma as the further it goes the less he has. Or maybe Gal Godot is sucking it out of him cause she somehow gets better in every film.
I do like the part of MoS where he's forced to kill Zod I think it's an interesting concept, forcing him to make choices that will compromise his morality, and that could have been a thing.
But it wasn't......not really.

I think their original plan was to go into the New Gods more and eventually get to Darkseid but there's a very good chance that whole thing will be kukd and the nightmare scene will never make any sense but idc cause it was really hot

I really hope they do get their shit together. I want a decent Flashpoint film. I want a good Batfam film. Hell I wanna see a Teen Titans, Shazam, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern Redemption, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, all of them get their day in the sun. I mean I actually know DC characters...as opposed to Marvel where I've only read some Spiderman and Deadpool and the tiniest splash of X-Men and only cause I thought some of the characters were hot. I mean, I've come to know more about Marvel, but DC will always be the comics of my heart. I love these characters and they have an amazing legacy. But they need to get their fkkn shit together man.

UmLhAJE.gif

tbh most Phase 1 films were kind of blase but at least Avengers was very gud and fun

But yeah...even with all my bitching, I did enjoy Justice League. I'm glad I threw them my 5 bucks. They def deserved better though. I can only pray to the Dark Ones that WB learned their shit not to rush so much next time.

Okay that does sound like some illuminati shit. The Theaters know they are going extinct and they're trying for one last stand--
The only time I had to sit in the god awful front row was when my dad took my sister and I to see Sherlock Holmes on Christmas Eve and arrived like 10 min before it started. Idk why I remember that
I am a big Holmes Homie so I endured tho--

Sing it Sister I wasn't lying if they make another Batman movie especially a fkkn prequel and it doesn't have Robin the man might just go insane. Weird Joseph Gordin Levit cameo thing was not enough
But the DCEU is probably in mad scrambles rn so honestly I'm just curious to see what comes next and play by ear...no more shitty discount Nolan knockoffs tho I agree......

True tbf I saw a ton of Red Hood cosplayers at Comic Con this year...and these days CC is full of normies xD But yeah I remember being surprised by that, like, since when did Robin become to go-to costume for the awm cosplay crowd...??? I mean his jacket is pretty sexy I guess
But dude that version of UtRH would be hilarious. xD But it does beg the question.....if this Batman doesn't care about a bodycount....then why hasn't he killed the Joker yet...?? Is it because Jared Letoker isn't worth the effort??? I didn't hate him as much as everyone else did but lmfao

My wild guestimator thinks that the Blazers got kukd on peeps bouncing and the Stoners are kukd on peeps just being slow?? (well Creek hasn't been on in a while I don't think) And meanwhile I'm just hunched in the corner waiting for my time to pounce--
But please shit pop

Sutr-Neutral.jpg

He is just about as terrible a villain as he looks (at least so far who knows maybe my mind will be blown and they'll pull some godtier writing out their asses). Now I fkkn love FEH and will sing its praises till the day it kuks me but one thing pretty much everyone can agree on is that the story is shit and no one actually cares cause it's a mobage but they just put out a huuuuuge update (even though the anniversary is in a month and we're all expecting something big then too) introducing a new plot arc and like.....Idk personally I'm kind of bleh about the whole thing. First of all it doesn't feel...very Fire-Emblemy to me at all (everyone starts booing and throwing tomaters at the Elitist Scum)...it's like this whole random "battle of the elements" bullshit with Norse mythology and I'm just like sitting here trying to rationalize this like...well...I guess certain characters had elements in GBA--- And the fact that they have these really boring characters and this really boring story and now they're trying to like...take it seriously all of a sudden...but not hitting so bad it's good just...it's just really bad to me I can't explain it.
I'm also sick of seeing these shitty Fire Emblem villains just like I'm sick of seeing shitty superhero villains lmfao like the OG villain in Heroes was actually amazing (just a bored little girl who wanted to play with her "toys" ie: kidnapped heroes) why did we need to introduce kuk?

But yeah he's literally steppenwolf he just wants to take over the world with his flames. Not even Dark Flame Master edge flames either smh.

And now for something completely different I was able to lure one of my best friends into Fire Emblem using husbandos as bait and she got a 3DS just so she could hop on the Fateswakening train I couldn't be more proud--

Though she's asking me "should I play Fates or Awakening first?" and I'm so conflicted in trying to give her an unbiased answer---

Jacob, Leo, Gaius, and Henry are all on the husbando tier so it's really all up for grabs...

Necromantic Necromantic InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Creek Creek Posted for the quest. LOL the group seems to have a good cop bad cop vibe. That'll definitely help later down the road, probably. I definitely think they need Ouren to handle one of the more troublesome people they'll meet (if I'm reading Ouren's current no-nonsense nature correctly)

Yes. I'm actually surprised that Solaris is so nice to old people. I dunno, I got a moody, don't-talk-to-me impression from him from the CS.
Thats how he is but hes also inclined to take care of people lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back