• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Contract-based Monster Hunter role-play?

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ
After having completed my third Witcher 3 play through and seeing that the new expansion's already underway I've come to be very much interested in the concept of a world plagued by monsters and setting up a storyline for those brave enough to stand against these fiends, for the right price that is.

Anyways, what I was thinking of was something based on a very old story I've written back in the day, seeing that the setting of said story would allow for a lot of interesting plot points.

But hey, I'm just babbling on and haven't even written the specific idea, time to remedy that!

-------------------------------------

The story would unfold in the scarcely inhabited lands to the north;

After the long winter had ended the glaciers had given in, reopening the passage through the massive mountain peaks to the north, having served for hundreds of years as a natural barrier between the land of men and the wild untamed lands beyond these great mountains.

The land is no man's land, lush forests, snowy mountain peaks, green hillsides and great lakes shape the landscape with the occasional ruin of a civilization long lost in the stream of time.

The rediscovery of these fertile lands had caused some kind of gold rush where people of varying social backgrounds and motivations traveled to the frontier to take part in this venture.

Be it criminals trying to avoid persecution, second sons and daughters with no hope of inheriting their parent's lands seeking to claim some of their own, healers, hunters, adventurers, knights fighting to make a name for themselves.

They all travelled north for their personal reasons, only to find the lands not as peaceful as they thought they were, being home to various lethal creatures of the wild that would not give up their territory easily.

It was then that the Drakebane guild was founded, taking up residence on the slopes of the thawing Glacier, claiming an abandoned fortress of old as their base of operation and starting to recruit misfits into their ranks, training them to face these fiends that would stand in humanity's way!

The story would follow our cast of misfits as they make a name for themselves, being of varying rank (be it rookies or veterans), starting at the more civilized and tamed southern territories and moving the frontier as they went on, taking up contracts to help humanity get a firm footing on these lands, be it hunting critters that destroy crops or draconic beasts that slay livestock.

The contracts would become more difficult and epic as time goes on, truly testing the limits of our group and helping them grow into these heroic figures that symbolize humanity's conquest over the untamed, lethal, wild realms of the north.

Never played a Witcher game, but I get a Monster Hunter vibe, a game from Capcom and on the 3DS. So I hope you won't mind if my characters weapons look/are a bit strange and armor is made out of monster bits.

Haven't played a witcher game but this seems cool,

Would we be in a group or be fighting to get the best jobs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Warb said:
I'm in.
Question, are (relatively) primitive gunpowder weapons allowed?
Very primitive flintlock weaponry is allowed, yes.

Beowulf said:
Never played a Witcher game, but I get a Monster Hunter vibe, a game from Capcom and on the 3DS. So I hope you won't mind if my characters weapons look/are a bit strange and armor is made out of monster bits.
Hey, I'd even encourage to build your armor out of monster bits xD

Flowiest said:
Haven't played a witcher game but this seems cool,
Would we be in a group or be fighting to get the best jobs?
It would be group for bigger contracts and smaller tasks are usually taken up by one or two players...

which brings me to how this will work:

Every week I'll update the first post, which is gonna be a noticeboard on which present contract are going to be posted.

These contracts will hang there until you finish them or after two weeks time if there's no interest and they all yield great profit^^

I'm interested too!

But.. No healer and no magic right?

Nearly two entire days.. alone or with a friend.. To kill one beast.. eating him, using his remaining for weapons and armors.. And then coming back home to announce we killed the beast to see the people smile, enlarge their territory.. And giving you lots of gold and materials.. :o That's the main first idea?

But I don't understand how we have to behave with the others : we all wish humanity settled up forever and brilliantly there? So we meet in town and talk/work/craft together? :|

I cant wait to see this in action there is a tone of people here!

*Wonders of the creatures they will slay*.....I am so in to this.

I'm going to get us a thread so you can already post your character sheets^^

Am i the only one who feels because of so many hunters people....one day...ONE DAY! we will stand as brothers and sisters to battle ONE creature that will be a challenge to all...Each of us with the trophies of the ones they have slain...to now..Slay the ultimate beast.

Yonsisac said:
Am i the only one who feels because of so many hunters people....one day...ONE DAY! we will stand as brothers and sisters to battle ONE creature that will be a challenge to all...Each of us with the trophies of the ones they have slain...to now..Slay the ultimate beast.
Well, maybe, just maybe there's the ultimate beast that does not look kindly on humans invading his realms.

Just hypothetically speaking

Vampunk said:
Well, maybe, just maybe there's the ultimate beast that does not look kindly on humans invading his realms.
Just hypothetically speaking
The Earth trembles in fear

The sky vanish in a instant

They raise there spears and wear there gear

We stand as one

We fall as many

Sorrow on my beastly eyes

Sadness that followed me behind

Thousands slain and none spared

I will end the genocide that has left them blind

We see them as evil beings

They see us as the Monsters of the land

It docent matter

We all see each other as "The Bad guy"

This will end now...I as One against Many....

I have no fear of any

One against Twenty

COME ON HUNTERS!

I WILL TURN YOU TO SINTER!

you are the monsters here..

Sounds mighty interesting... Since the Witcher is my favorite book & game series (it better be a TV show too, I cant just watch Game of Thrones), I am Even mighty...er interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back