• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Compliments and Conundrums : Private for Tarmagon and readysetstalk

Everything seemed to happen in an instant. One moment she was sitting there, wondering what they'd have for dinner, and the next she was being prepped to get married. Married! A week ago she was certain that her and her beta fish were going to live together, alone, for the rest of their lives. Just like any homecoming or prom that Gracelynn had attended, Kathy was right there to make sure everything fell into place flawlessly. Her father had never been much of a help with things like that and she was absolutely grateful to have had Kathy. Especially now that things had grown from prom, to a wedding. Her name was scripted onto the marriage license, and before she knew it, she was hunting down a dress. A dress to get married in. The only one she had that seemed mildly appropriate was a floor-length red gown, with a faint shimmer to the fabric. It was the only dress in her entire wardrobe that wasn't some shade of black or grey. It wasn't white, but it would do.

A quick shower, and then Kathy was back to working her magic. Just like any other occasion, Gracelynn barely got a word in edge-wise. Gracelynn complied, allowing Kathy to work and do whatever her heart decided. This was beyond Grace's control as of right now. Make-up was never a big thing for her, and so when Kathy had a vision, she let her carry it out. Never once was she disappointed in the outcome. Today was no different. Her make-up was flawless, subtle, and yet accentuated her features in the best possible way. In all honesty, Gracelynn would have probably suggested a deeper red, but this was Kathy. There was no convincing the woman otherwise. And before she knew it, they were in her car and headed towards the TimberWolf.

There was no denying the wave of butterflies that swarmed her belly as they finally pulled up and stopped. Those bright green eyes looked out the window and up at the diner. She could sense Ryan inside. She could feel the nervousness he was experiencing. It only made the butterflies dance more inside her. Her hands fidgeted slightly before she stepped out of the car. This was it. This is what people dreamed of their entire lives. And Grace was living it. She had met her Soul Mate. They were bonded beyond what words could describe. There was no stopping this. There was no stopping them .

The moment their eyes met, every single butterfly inside Grace vanished. Comfort washed over her entire being. For a majority of their relationship, Grace had only seen Ryan in sweats. And now, there he stood... In a suit that seemed to compliment her dress in the best of ways. For something that was rushed together in the past hour, everything looked as if it had been meticulously planned. The tables were pushed aside. A runner had been placed down between them for Grace to walk down. A few of the townspeople were present, all sitting there with tears in their eyes.

Grace had been a large part of the community. She was their baby. And today, their baby was about to walk down that aisle and marry the man she had bonded with just the night before. But, honestly, none of that mattered right now. What mattered to her was that she was going to walk down that aisle, join hands with the man she loved, and vow her life to him--once again, but a little more legally this time.

Kathy was just behind Grace, and she cleared her throat in a very obvious way. Just as she did, Jillian started playing music from her phone on a small boombox. A Thousand Years by Christina Perry began playing, and it was then that it hit Kathy. Tears immediately began falling. She placed a small, delicate bouquet of flowers in Gracelynn's hands and gave her a gentle nudge, encouraging her down the aisle.

Grace took hold of the bouquet, taking note on how well-put it was. Kathy and Marissa had to have been rather busy today. She smiled, though, and began her slow walk down the aisle. Every single person had their eyes on her. Not a single one had seen her so done up in years. There were tears in everyone's eyes, even Carl's. When her father had passed, Carl seemed to step in when needed. And it was no surprise to see him standing up there with Ryan, ready to marry the two of them.

As Grace reached Ryan, the music quieted before coming to a stop. Her eyes were on him, and only him. This was such a special moment. Nothing in the world could happen right now and ruin it. She handed off the bouquet to the nearest person before Ryan took her hands up in his own. She squeezed his hands, her smile widening.

Carl began to speak. He laid out a small speech about marriage, but soon he went on to explain how deep their bond was. He explained to everyone in the room how important such a bond was, and how rare it was for them to have made the Soul Bond. For a moment, his words blurred together. All Gracelynn could focus on was Ryan, and how handsome he looked. Her heart had never felt so full.

After the speech, Carl cleared his throat and began the very basic wedding vows. Ryan repeated the words. And soon Gracelynn also repeated the words. And before everyone in the TimberWolf, Carl spoke those final words: Gracelynn, do you take Ryan to be your wedded husband?

There was absolutely no hesitation whatsoever from Grace.

"I do."

Tarmagon Tarmagon I don't think I quite matched your length, but, you covered a lot of things I would have had to.

Ryan watched, his eyes locked on Grace’s, as she made her way towards where he waited with Carl and Hank. Jillian had apparently appointed herself as maid of honor, because she was waiting as well, and had claimed the little box containing his ring, just as Hank had claimed the box with Grace’s rings in it. Now, here he was, watching a vision glide slowly towards him. Finally, Grace arrived beside him, and handed off her bouquet to Jillian before taking both of his hands in hers. Ryan could lose himself in those eyes, so filled with love and wonder, and lose himself he did. He was aware of Carl's voice, speaking of marriage, talking about their Bond, but none of it registered until Carl asked him to repeat his vows,to take Grace as his wedded wife. In that moment, all was crystal clear.

"I do."

Moments later, Grace spoke the same words, words that seared into Ryans very soul, burning with a fire that could never be extinguished. Taking the rings that Hank proffered, Ryan slipped the delicate bands onto Graces finger, his hands steady despite the thunder of his heartbeat. Grace accepted his ring from Jillian, slipping it onto his finger, then they just stood there, gazing into each other eyes as emotions too intense for words flowed between them. Ryan didn't know how long they stood motionless, but Carl cleared his throat and mock glared at them.

"Are you two going to kiss, or just stand there all night making eyes at each other? " he asked. "Folks want to get to the partying."

Ryan swept Grace into his arms, heedless of protocol, and lost himself in a kiss that seemed to go on and on. He was aware of cheers and whistle, but he didn't care, Grace was in his arms, returning the kiss, screw the world. When the kiss finally ended, Ryan turned his face upwards, a full throated howl erupting from him. This was no hunting howl, this was a celebration of life, of Pack, of Mate, of everything good in the world. All of the gathered townsfolk who were werewolves raised their heads, joining their voices to Ryans, letting the world know there was cause for celebration. From beyond the TimberWolf, other voices joined, adding their support to the song of happiness and hope that soared up into the cloudless night.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Not what we discussed, but I figured Grace needed a chance to respond. )

It was like everyone around them faded away, and it was just Grace and Ryan. All she was worried about was him, and only him. The moment he swept her off her feet, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and held onto the kiss as long as she could. Giggles erupted as he howled. Not mocking giggles, but giggles of happiness. She listened as more people joined in, and not just people who were around them. People all over the town joined in, celebrating their union and they life they were creating together. Gracelynn was no longer the town baby. She was grown up now. She was married, and had created a bond most believed to be myth. The happiness and every other emotion flowing through their bond warmed her entire body.

Kathy brought out a bottle of champagne, and handed it over to Ryan. "Would you mind doing the honors? We really can't get to trashing this place if you don't open the first bottle." She had tears in her eyes, but she was overly happy and joyous and couldn't wait to see where these two go with their future. Kathy motioned to Jillian, who moved away from her spot next to Grace and Ryan and started playing more upbeat music from the boombox.

Gracelynn kept close to Ryan, her arm around his waist. There were no words to describe how she felt right now. She was bubbling inside with excitement. So quickly they had met in this very place just a few days ago. Now, they were married where their story began. Kathy had made sure everything was damn near perfect, which was nothing less than expected.

Grace grabbed two champagne flutes as Ryan popped the cork on the bottle, holding them up for him to fill. Those in the TimberWolf rose and cheered, soon making their way over to the coolers Kathy had sat out and filled with various drinks ranging from soda, to beer, to wine coolers. It was a little thrown together, but that didn't matter to Grace. As long as she was here with Ryan, nothing could go wrong.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Littttttle short. My brain is fritzing out a little. lol.

Ryan smiled as he poured the champagne, taking the required drink as the assembled people all raised their glasses in toast to the new couple. As a werewolf he really couldn't get drunk unless he made a truly herculean effort, and he didn't want to waste the effort when that time could better be spent watching the magnificent woman by his side. And as he watched Grace smiling, accepting the congratulations of people she had know most of her life, he noticed something new happening. Grace wasn't the little girl of the town anymore, the people approaching were treating her with, equality, some of the weres actually showing the same kind of deference they would show a visiting Alpha. It was a subtle thing, something that you had to be aware existed even to start to notice, but it was there.

"She was always just a little outside, no matter how much she was loved," Ryan realized. "And now, she's a part of their world, and they can see and feel how special she is. And she's chosen to be with me. Oh, Bright Lady, thank you for this second chance."

Ryan's musings were cut short as people moved up, offering their congratulations to the couple. Ryan may have been an outsider, albeit one that had been welcomed, but now that he had married Grace, he was accepted, a part of the community despite his Alpha status. It wasn't wholly unheard of for two Alpha's to live in the same town, but those were large cities where they could maintain separation. This was a small town, and things should have turned tense, but instead, there was a relaxation. Ryan had been afraid that their little Pack of two might have to leave, but here, now, he knew they were welcome, and always would be.

As the reception moved on, Ryan and Grace drifted apart to speak to people, to collect food, but he was always aware of her presence. He could have pointed Grace out unerringly even if he had been struck blind. He knew, just before her silvery laugh rang out that Kathy had said something amusing, and He noticed Grace glancing over sharply as Carl surprised Ryan with an ornate key marked 'The Cascades' and 'Honeymoon Suite'.

"We can't spare you two for long," Carl said as he handed over the key. "To be perfectly honest, this town needs you both, but we can survive for a couple of days. The specialty supplies that Grace ordered shouldn't be in until Thursday, so you've got two days away from all this chaos. Make the most of them."

The wink Carl had given Ryan had made him blush hotly, but he had managed to nod as Carl turned away to talk to someone Ryan didn't know. The stranger was very tall, and very pale, and when he spoke to Carl, Ryan saw the barest hint of fangs. Ah, that would be Franklin, the town's only official vampire. Carl gestured over to Ryan, and both men walked over, Franklin giving Ryan a head to toe appraisal as he approached.

"Thank you," Franklin said, holding out his hand. "For dealing with that intruder and protecting our Grace."

"You're welcome," Ryan said evenly, shaking the proffered firmly. "Though I wish I hadn't had to do what I did."

"What is done, had to be done, whether my hand or yours," Franklin said. "I regret that I was not there, but I do not regret that you were there to stand in my stead. While you do not know me, please accept my blessing and congratulations on capturing the heart of our 'wild child'. This is normally the place where I threaten you with dire consequences should you hurt Grace, but as Marissa, I can see the Bond between you. You two are going to be a force to be reckoned with. May your path be long and prosperous."

With that, Franklin turned, moving away to speak with Hank about something, but Ryan found himself distracted as Grace slid her arms around him from behind. He turned in her grasp, leaning down to steal one of those magical kisses that seemed to stop time. Just as they came back to the world, Ryan heard the music shift and he smiled down at Grace, leading her over to the improvised dance floor just as the first words emerged from the speakers.

Look in to my eyes
You will see what you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
Oh, when you find me there you'll search no more

The rest of the crowd faded away as the song continued and Ryan focused his entire being onto Grace as they flowed together with the music. The TimberWolf itself seemed to face away, leaving Ryan and Grace alone in a pool of twinkling starlight as the music carried them along. All too soon the music ended, leaving Ryan looking down into those emerald eyes so filled with love.

"I love you Grace," he whispered, then looked up as applause erupted from the darkness around them. Darkness that faded away, revealing the wedding guests in a circle around them, some smiling, some crying, and all clapping. Marissa's hands had a faint glow around them that faded away as she wiped at her eyes,

"You were right Marissa," Kathy breathed into the silence that followed. "I wasn't certain, but damn! It's... they're like one person when they're together."

"I told you," Marissa said smugly, or at least as smugly as she could with tears in her voice. "It's something few ever experience, or even get to see. Now, lets really get this party started."

What followed was an outpouring of good will and happiness that completely destroyed any lingering doubts or fears about the tornado, Ryan and Grace's marriage, and the future in general that lasted for hours. Finally, Ryan and Grace managed to extricate themselves from the sea of well-wishes that seemed to have grown as the party continued, and they found themselves outside by Grace's car, looking bemusedly at a pair of suitcases sitting on the hood.

"It seems someone is looking out for us," Ryan commented as he put the suitcases into the back seat. "I have no idea how to get to The Cascades from here, but I'd be happy to drive if you'd care to give directions, or just to sit in the passengers seat and watch you. Either way love, we have somewhere else to be."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Reception survived.)

The entire evening had went from contemplating leftover spaghetti, to having a small, perfect wedding. No plans had been decided on, argued over, or even thought of. Just the night before had Ryan proposed, without a ring, and Gracelynn had said yes. She'd said yes to the Mate Bond, which led immediately to a Soul Bond, something neither of them had ever thought of. It was a beautiful bond, created between two people that would change their outlook on life forever. Gracelynn couldn't have imagined this if she was asked. She was the owner and sole employee of a hardware store. Did she ever think that something like this would happen? Not even in the slightest. This entire thing was a surprise, but a welcome and loved surprise. Even the town, though always worried about her, was joyous in their union. The Alpha of HalfMoon Falls married Grace and Ryan, another alpha. No one could stop them. No one would ever come between them. That was well known by everyone in the room, and probably even those who weren't there.

Jillian had ransacked Gracelynn with a multitude of questions. How did she know it was Ryan? How did she know this was what they were? How did she know she could trust him? And all Gracelynn could answer with was, "It just felt right." She had had no doubt in Ryan. Before they even knew each other, he laid his life on the line and took down a rogue vampire in a dark-lit alley. Without a question or hesitation, he saved her that night; in more ways than one. He had saved her in so may ways. She believed in love, and trusted him like she had never trusted before. As she looked at him, answering to Franklin and Carl both, she saw nothing but love. This man had come into her life and changed everything for the better. He was charming, handsome, and wholesome.

Kathy had appeared before long, speaking of the honeymoon suite they had booked for the both of them. Gracelynn was anxious to see how Ryan would react. Just last night she had to basically twist his arm just to share a bed with her. After all the bonds they created, he was worried he was crossing some imaginary line with sharing a bed with her. It only made her smile, knowing that this night was the night they were to be bonded in yet another way. It sent chills down her spine at just the thought of having a room with him, all alone. Hell, with it being the off-season, they'd probably be the only ones there with a room.

Grace had approached him, as the music changed tune, and soon the two of them were the only ones there. The crowd around seemed to vanish and it was just the two of them, dancing with one another, sharing their emotions across the Soul Bond. If given the choice, she would have left their little reception right then and there. She would have pulled him out of the diner and straight to the car, driving off into the mountains that surrounded them. The song ended, and slowly she was pulled back to reality. The crowd around them cheered and clapped, and Gracelynn could see Marissa and Kathy both crying. She couldn't force the smile from her lips as she leaned into Ryan more, her arms tightening around him.

Eventually, it all came to an end. She found herself standing outside the TimberWolf, looking over her car that now had two full suitcases packed into the backseat. She could only imagine what Kathy had packed for them. Because it was Kathy, Grace was certain there were a few little outfits in there that Ryan would be more than thrilled to see on Grace.

"Well, I've had a little too much to drink to drive, so I suppose I can let you take my baby for a drive," she laughed, tossing him the keys. Ryan had caught the keys without effort, and soon opened the door for her. Gracelynn grabbed his shirt as she walked by, pulling him down to her level to steal one more kiss from him, this time the feeling between them changing from love to a little more on the lust side. A smirk took over as she broke the kiss and slid into the passenger seat of the car. Once inside, she slid off those strappy little shoes and let them lay on the floor of the car. Once Ryan followed suit and took over the driver's seat, she began giving directions.

It didn't take them terribly long to get to The Cascades. There wasn't enough alcohol in Grace to make her inept, but there were quite a few giggles from her as she guided Ryan along the backroads. Her hand held onto his free hand up until they parked the car in front of the doors leading to The Cascades. Gracelynn looked up at the building for just a moment before she turned her attention back to Ryan. "Here we are," she spoke. This time she looked at Ryan, it was different. She felt complete. Absolutely complete. The warmth between them, the love, the caring that they shared. It was almost overwhelming. She reached up, placing a hand on his cheek. Her eyes searched his, knowing exactly how he felt. A soft smile, and then her lips met his once more. This was her husband, her mate--her soul mate, at that. Their lips remained together for while, dancing together, until she broke the kiss with a small laugh.

"Think we should head inside? See what this honeymoon suite is all about?"

Tarmagon Tarmagon Tipsy Grace proved her navigation skills.

"It could be a broom closet for all I care," Ryan said with a smile. "As long as you're with me. On the practical side, it's going to get chilly out here, and while I could put on my fur and curl around you for warmth, I'd really rather cuddle up to you in human form. So, slip on those shoes for a few minutes more, I'll grab the bags, and we can go 'see what the honeymoon suite is all about'."

Grace stuck her tongue out at Ryan, but then grinned and slipped her shoes back on as Ryan opened her door, then the back door and grabbed the two suitcases. Despite the burden, he closed the door as Grace stood, then moved forward to open the door to the lobby. Grace glided past him, reaching out to slip one finger along his jaw while his hands were busy with bags and the door, making Ryan nearly drop the bags as something warm, edged with a smokey desire, radiated out for that brief contact.

"Mr and Mrs Carter?" a young man asked from behind a rustic looking desk. The whole decor was elegant rustic, with rough hewn beams supporting a valued ceiling. A fire blazed in a massive stone fireplace, and an antler chandelier held faux candles that flickered like the real thing.

"Yes," Ryan replied, amazed at how right the words felt.

"Your room is ready," the young man said with a smile. "I understand you already have the key? "

Ryan held up the ornate key, and the young man, his name tag read Joshua, smiled.

"Very good sir. Steve!"

At Joshua's call, another young man appeared, relieving Ryan of the suitcases with smile.

"Sir, Ma'am," he said, placing the suitcases on a dolly and heading towards a hallway. "If you will be so kind as to follow me?"

Steve led them down a hallway and to what was obviously an outside door, where he paused.

"If I may sir?" he said, gesturing to the key Ryan still held. Ryan handed it over, and Steve smiled. "Give me one minute to open the door and put your bags inside if you please."

With that, the young man vanished through the door with their bags, leaving Ryan and Grace looking at each other in puzzlement. In just under two minutes Steve returned, handing Ryan the key with a smile.

"Straight ahead from this door about twenty feet is the honeymoon lodge. I left the door slightly ajar, bags are in the closet."

Ryan nodded his thanks, pulling out a generous tip and slipping into Steve's hand. The young man grinned, and vanished back into the main lodge, leaving Ryan and Grace alone. Grinning, Ryan reached down and swept Grace into his arms, pushing the door open with a foot and carrying her outside. Just ahead, he could see a small building, its door just barely open, and his sure steps carried him and his precious burden forward, pushing the door aside to reveal what most people would think a rustic cabin would be like.

Dark wood walls, rough but obviously comfortable furniture, a small granite fireplace with a fire crackling merrily away, logs stacked ready beside the hearth. An absolutely huge four poster bed, covers turned down with a single rose resting on the pillows, bottle of champagne resting in ice on the end table. The door clicking shut behind him yanked Ryan out of his examination of the room, and he looked down into Grace's eyes before lifting her slightly so he could caress her lips with his before moving forward to sit on the edge of the bed, Grace still in his arms.

"Not too shabby," he said, gesturing to the room with his chin. "But it doesn't hold a candle to you. "

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Didn't feel right to go straight to morning. )

Gracelynn walked alongside Ryan as the bellhop, Steve, navigated their way to a door leading outside. She hadn't ever visited The Cascades but once, and that was many moons ago. They had done up the place quite a bit since then. Her eyes gazed at all the elegant details added and improved, all while keeping her arm locked with Ryan's as they walked. And before she knew it, they were finally at their destination. Giggles erupted from those red lips as he carried her down the walkway leading to the honeymoon suite, which was much more like a little cabin meant for just two. As he carried her in, she barely noticed the room, as all of her attention had been focused on the handsome man before her.

At the mention of the room, she took a quick peak before she smirked, looking back to Ryan. "I'd like to think I'm a little more than 'not to shabby'," she teased, those green eyes focusing back on Ryan's. There was a burning inside her, and she knew he could feel it. Cold, delicate fingers traced over his cheek before her palm was resting against his cheek gently. Never in a million years would she imagine being here, with Ryan, in the honeymoon suite of The Cascades. It didn't even matter where they were, honestly. As long as she had him, the world was alright.

Grace drew her lips close to his, however, failed to bring them together. Instead, she smiled mischievously and removed herself from his lap. There, she stood, with him still sitting on the edge of the bed. She reached up and gently removed the golden bow and hair tie from her hair, allowing dark, wavy locks to cascade around her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes never left Ryan's as she worked. Hair fell down in front of her face as she reached down and removed her black heels, tossing them to the side. They landed with a soft thud against the carpeted floor. Grace took a few steps closer to Ryan, nearly closing the space between them. She placed her hands on his cheeks and leaned in carefully, slowly, building tension between them.

"Do you think, maybe, you could unzip this dress for me?" she asked, her voice soft, yet sensual and playful. "I don't think I'll be able to reach it on my own.." Her breath was warm against his skin, against his lips. She moved her hands from his face to start undoing the buttons on the front of his shirt, remaining her close proximity in hopes of driving him wild.

As those last barriers fell away, Ryan and Grace both surrendered themselves completely to the magic they were creating, trusting their love, their Mate, the other half of their soul, to lead them into the endless possibilities that lay before them.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Still didn't reach morning. I adjusted your suggested fading a little, to fit them both. Hope you don't mind!

Warm. Content. Mate snuggled close, scent of mating still redolent. Ryans eyes snapped open, then closed as the memories of the day, the evening, and most especially the night returned to him. Grace had promised to show him the ropes as it were, and he had proven to be a quick study based on her reactions. A slight snap caused his eyes to slit open, going to the dying fire. After a moments indecision, Ryan gently disentangled himself from Grace and padded over to the fireplace. It only took a few moments to settle new logs onto the fire, and Ryan headed back to the bed, making a quick detour to the bathroom to dispose of the evenings drinks.

As he slipped back into bed Grace shifted, draping herself over his body as he pulled the covers back over both of them. One hand rose of its own accord to gently caress Grace's head as she settled onto his chest, eliciting a contented sigh from his sleeping wife. His wife. His Mate. His Bonded. Friend, now lover, other half of his soul. She had been delighted at his innocence, taking the time to learn what made him react, and patiently helping him learn the same for her. There had perhaps been a few awkward moments, but the laughter and giggles had all been kind, making it easy to move past them and on to more, intense things.

"There's so much still to take care of," Ryan thought. "I've... WE'VE got to move the RV. I need to add Grace to my accounts. She owns the house, so I don't think we'll be living in the RV. Do I keep working for Hank, or do I help her out in the hardware store?"

Ryan gave himself a mental shake, chopping off his train of thought before the turmoil in his head woke Grace. Things would get taken care of, one problem at a time. They were together. The rest of it could go sit and spin for all he cared.... Something tickled the edge of Ryan's consciousness. There was something, a faint wisp of another... Pack bond? Concentrating, Ryan began to put a direction on the feeling. Towards town. Faint. A long way. Frowning to himself, Ryan tried to think who could possibly... Sarah! Ryan relaxed as the thought hit him.

"Well, we knew there was a better than even chance that she would Turn, given the amount of my blood that they had to infuse her with," he thought. "And Carl's in town. He'll be able to feel her nature emerging, and as an Alpha he can help her through her first Shift if I'm not back in time. I'm certain that she'll petition to move to Carl's Pack as soon as she has her first Shift under her belt, so it'll be best if he's the one to help her out."

The warmth of the fire, the warmth of Grace against his skin conspired together to make his thoughts sluggish. There wasn't anything to do right now except to lay here, snuggled in bed with the most wonderful person he had ever met. Ryan's arms closed around Grace of their own accord, hugging her as close as he could without disturbing her sleep as he drifted off. This was where he belonged. Whatever the world chose to throw at them, they would face it together, and heaven help who or what ever tried to get in their way.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Brief interlude)

Almost immediately after Ryan removed himself from the bed, Gracelynn stirred, slowly becoming aware of where she was, who she was with, and why exactly they were there. Warmth washed over her as the memories of the previous day, and night, seemed to flood back in. A faint smile could be found on those rosy lips as she snuggled into the blankets, awaiting Ryan's return. So many things had happened, and yet, not a thing felt out of place. She listened his footsteps, the sound of the logs hitting the near ashen logs from the previous night, and then again his footsteps as he moved about the small cabin-like suite. Her heart was warm.

A bond had been created last night, and not one of the typical bonds. An adventure. Together, they shared themselves with one another. They explored, learned, and thoroughly enjoyed each other's bodies. It was a bond that could only draw them closer. Gracelynn truly felt one with Ryan. It was like the final piece of the puzzle was put in place, and now they had the entire picture--the beautiful, wonderful, picture.

Although still mostly asleep, she took over her place at Ryan's side as he finally returned to the bed. The blankets draped over them, locking in the warmth he radiated. She nuzzled her face into his chest, breathing in his scent, their scent. Her arm slid around his waist, fingers gripping at his hip as she pulled herself close to him. And before she could simply fall back asleep, it was like his thoughts just slipped into her own mind.

"Mm..." Her body shifted, closer. "Should I be concerned you're thinking of another woman the morning after our wedding?" she spoke, her voice light and airy, and a smile still on her lips. Gracelynn had absolutely zero concerns for Sarah, as far as Ryan went. She was his, and he was hers. Nothing, absolutely nothing, would come between them. There would never be an issue with that. But a simple teasing wouldn't hurt, right?

"I'm glad she's well. You really think she'll choose to be in Carl's pack?" Did it work that way? Was there a choice involved if you were turned by an Alpha? There were a lot of things she didn't quite understand. But, just as she became the teacher last night, she was more than ready to return back to the student when it came to things like this.

Gracelynn shifted again, this time reaching up to press her soft lips to his cheek, allowing the connection to linger. "I also don't think you should abandon Hank for the sake of the hardware store. You'll be bored out of your mind most days," she spoke, her lips pressing against his cheek once more, though closer to his mouth. As much as she loved every minute she had with him, working together may be a little much--even for people who are bonded by soul.

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Okay, very, very rough. Gotta get back into the swing a little. So sorry for not getting something up yesterday! I was truly exhausted.))

Ryan was almost asleep when Grace spoke, her voice light, her tone teasing. He hadn't actually said anything aloud had he? He had been thinking, nothing more. Then, it was like Grace was speaking to him.

Did it work that way? Was there a choice involved if you were turned by an Alpha? There were a lot of things she didn't quite understand. But, just as she became the teacher last night, she was more than ready to return back to the student when it came to things like this. As much as she loved every minute she had with him, working together may be a little much--even for people who are bonded by soul.

"Wha?" Ryan stammered, his mind whirling. Then, just as suddenly, his thoughts calmed. "Oh, this is... Wow."

He could feel Grace, not just physically, but with his mind and spirit. Here, now, as close as they were, there were not barriers between them. He couldn't articulate how, but he knew what Grace was thinking. It was, amazing. Ryan had no idea if this level of spiritual intimacy would last, but he hoped that it would, at least on some level.

"I'm sorry I woke you love," he said softly. "And yes, I think Sarah will choose to move to Carl's Pack. She's a social girl, and there's just the two of us. I think she needs a larger Pack to truly thrive. As to being Turned, yes, it creates a Pack Bond, but if the wolf and both Alpha's involved are willing, the Bond can be transferred easily."

Ryan paused as Grace moved up to nuzzle his cheek, smiling as her lips came close to his. He allowed his fingers to begin to trace slow patterns along her back, grinning as he felt her tense slightly.

"And if you think it's best, I'll stay with Hank. I like being a mechanic and working with my hands," he said, moving his free hand to rest lightly on Grace's hip. "But you won't hesitate to ask for my help when you need it."

The last words were a statement, not a question. Grace would ask, just as he would ask her. More likely, they wouldn't have to ask, they'd just know. Just like he knew... With a deft twist and gentle push, Ryan shifted Grace so that she lay atop him, his lips seeking hers. He allowed his mind and spirit to caress her, just as his hands caressed her body and his lips hers. Wordlessly he demonstrated his love and devotion to this wonderful part of his life that he hadn't even known was missing.

Much later, as they lay side by side once more, Ryan propped himself up on one elbow and grinned at Grace.

"So, do I pass my mid-terms?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Whimsical werewolf is whimsical. And devoted to his Mate.)

Grace listened, giving a small nod in understanding. Sarah had a choice. Gracelynn was more than thrilled to learn that. She didn't want Sarah to feel as though she has no choice in the matter. Of course, if it were the other way around, Grace would have welcomed her into their small pack with open arms. As much as she enjoyed their solitude, she knew very well that wolves were pack animals, and weres were no different.

"I'm sure she'll make the right decision for herself," she mused, her fingers gently trailing along his side, a smile forming on her lips a the goosebumps she left behind on his skin. Before she knew it, she was placed on top of him, and needless to say, nature took its course shortly thereafter.

Together, their minds, bodies, and spirits seemed to mush into one. Less direction was needed this time around, the two of them already understand the other's body. Their Soul Bond allowed for an easier time with communicating, without words. Every movement came with ease, and every reaction confirmed their actions.

Her breath was still heavy as Ryan propped himself up beside her. Her lazy smile widened at his question. She drew a hand to her chin in thought for a moment. "Hm.. I think we can say you pass," she spoke teasingly, her eyes on his. "But can we say you aced it? Perhaps we'll have to study a little more before the final exam." Her hand came up to caress his cheek, her thumb brushing against his bottom lip.

Grace reached up, pressing her lips against his briefly. "However, if we don't get food in here sometime soon, I might just die," she pouted, falling back into the pillows dramatically. Gurgling sounds could be heard from underneath the blankets, her stomach confirming her words. "Do you think they have room service or something? Or at least a fruit basket?" Grace sat up and crawled over Ryan, her upper half exposed and her lower half still hidden beneath the blanket. She grabbed the little pamphlet on the bedside table and began examining the text.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Grace is dwindling from hunger. A big breakfast is in order.

“Isn’t that usually my line?” Ryan asked with a grin as Grace’s stomach gave an audible gurgle. As if in response, his stomach chose that moment to register its displeasure at its own empty state. Not even Grace's naked torso lying across his was enough to distract his stomach, and Ryan reached over to the bedside phone while Grace looked over the information packet.

"How may I assist you?" a female voice asked after only two rings on the other end.

"This is Mr. Carter," Ryan replied. "My wife and I were wondering if you have active room service."

"Of course sir," the voice said brightly. "The kitchen is currently offering breakfast. The menu should be in the folder beside..."

"Just have them send two orders of everything on the breakfast menu," Ryan interrupted. "We're in the honeymoon cabin."

"Two of..." the voice trailed off as Ryan's words fully registered. "Ah, the honeymoon cabin. Of course. We'll take care of that right away sir. We were informed of your probable appetite when the cabin was reserved. How would you like your steak?"

"Medium rare please," Ryan replied. It seemed that steak and eggs were on the menu.

"Very good sir," the voice replied. "Your order should arrive in no more than twenty minutes. If you need anything else, please feel free to call the desk and ask for Debbie."

"Thank you," Ryan replied, replacing the phone on its cradle. "Well, we'll have food within twenty minutes. Would my lovely wife care to join me in a quick shower, or shall we just lay here until the food arrives and properly scandalize whomever delivers it?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Mischievous werewolf is mischievous.)

Gracelynn was still studying the pamphlet while Ryan was on the phone. Her brows rose immediately when she heard him order two of everything. That was going to be a lot of food. She laid the pamphlet back down on the desk and propped herself up enough to look at him. "Two of everything ?" she asked, staring at the man partially underneath her. Of course, she was hungry, and she was sure that he was, but still. Maybe she underestimated his appetite this whole time.

She laughed, though, moving up to give him a quick kiss. "I think we should probably get a shower and be properly dressed when they arrive," she smiled, planting another kiss on his cheek. "C'mon! We've got a clock to beat!" She moved off of him and pulled the blanket with her, tossing it to the foot of the bed, leaving the both of them in their birthday suits. "It'll be fun to see what Kathy has packed for the both of us," she smiled. Grace opened up the suitcase deemed as her own and shuffled through it. Almost everything inside was some sort of lingerie, and every article of clothing was far more on the revealing side than Gracelynn was used to.

Holding up a lacy red bra by the strap, Gracelynn shook her head, the smile permanent on her lips. "Like I said... It'll be fun." She gave him a playful wink before gathering up the matching panties and a quick outfit, which happened to be a deep cut t-shirt and a pair of probably the tightest jeans she owned. Grace stood up straight and then bounded off to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom was a large step-in shower with two showerheads on opposite sides, glass separating the area away from the rest of the bathroom. The tile was intricate and carefully placed. It was clear a lot of time was taken when constructing this little honeymoon suite. The double sinks were opposite the shower, and a large wall-length mirror was hung carefully. Gracelynn placed her clothing on the countertop and stepped into the shower to turn on the water on each of the showerheads.

"This place is fantastic! Almost makes me want to remodel the house," she called out, soon gathering towels for the each of them and hanging them on the hanger on the outside of the shower's glass door.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

"The breakfast menu wasn't that large," Ryan protested with a chuckle as Grace bounded out of bed. He took a moment to admire her body in the morning light as she opened one of the suitcases and began to dig inside energetically. The lacy red confections that she came up with made Ryan smile. There was something about knowing she was going to be wearing those, and that he would get to take them off later that... he just didn't have words for it. As Grace disappeared into the bathroom, Ryan cracked open the other suitcase. Fortunately, whomever had packed his clothing hadn't had quite the selection to choose from that Kathy had when she packed Grace's clothing, though there were a couple of items he had nearly forgotten he had. Selecting a pair of comfortable jeans, Ryan thought for a moment, then gave a 'what the hell' shrug and grabbed out the white poet shirt that had made its way into his bag. His underthings were much less wispy than Grace's, and he made his way into the bathroom just as Grace was hanging towels outside the truly impressive shower stall.

"Um, where would we put it?" Ryan asked. "I think that shower is bigger than our entire bathroom. For now though, let's just enjoy it."

Ryan would very much have liked to have more time to enjoy the shower. This was the kind of situation he hadn't ever even dreamed he would find himself in, but now that he was... well. He managed to restrain himself, even as he helped Grace lather and rinse down. He was absolutely certain that they'd find themselves back here before they left, and that there would be no rush. He was patient, they were together, and they had an entire lifetime to love and learn about each other. Even so, he was slightly disappointed when the shared shower ended, and Grace was toweling herself off with one of the fluffy swathes of fabric. Ryan shut down the water and stepped out, claiming his own towel as Grace finished and began to draw the lacy underthings on. Ryan watched unashamedly as the wisps of fabric settled into place, and Grace apparently felt the heat of his gaze, since she looked up with a wicked smile, catching his stare.

"Mine," Ryan growled from deep in his chest, a massive upwelling of love, desire, and protectiveness washing over him. He was hers, she was his. End of story.

"Hmm," Grace said, striding up to Ryan and planting one finger in the center of his chest. "Mine."

Ryan bent down to plant a kiss on Grace's upturned face, smiling as he straightened up and resumed drying himself.

"Yours," he agreed. "But if you don't feed me soon, you might be left with an emaciated shadow. For that matter, if I don't feed you, you might not have the energy to wash my back properly, later."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Werewolf is possessive, and protective. PS. The fecal matter is about to strike the rotary air impeller, so enjoy this last interlude before things go to hell)

The shower was unnecessarily short, Grace felt. They were racing against the clock, but she had wished they would have showered before ordering the room service. The water was warm, the steam built up, and the tension between them was nearly overwhelming. There was nothing more that she wanted than to jump his bones right then and there. It was very clear that he wanted the same thing as well. The bond between them kept secrets at bay. It was entirely too hard to resist, really.

Gracelynn made her way out of the shower and dried off her body. She combed through her hair gently before scrunching it up just a little with the towel, giving her curls the opportunity to bounce into their own formation as they dry. She slipped into that lacy red number, feeling Ryan's eyes burn into her. The little exchange between them only seemed to build more tension between them. If only their food wasn't on the way...

The slim fit jeans were soon pulled up over her hips. She gave a little hop to get them up all the way, as if it actually helped any. The jeans Kathy had packed for her were damn near skin tight. Gracelynn would have probably picked something a little more...comfortable. But this was their honeymoon, right? Things were supposed to be spicy, and sexy. Gracelynn grabbed the deep-neck black t-shirt and pulled it over her head, sliding it down over her torso and covering up the recently exposed skin and ink. Grace grabbed her toothbrush and went to work, humming quietly as she went. Once she was done, she laid her toothbrush on the counter and turned to face Ryan, who was freshly dressed.

"Oooh," she mused, her hands moving to his waist. She grabbed his pants by the loops and pulled him in close, which was probably more her pulling herself to him. "Look at you all dressed and fancy looking." There was a playful smirk on her lips. "I can't say I'd picture you as the type to wear a flowy shirt." She leaned up, her body pressed against his, and placed a gentle kiss on the underside of his jaw, her lips lingering for a moment. "Looks nice on you," she breathed, her fingertips sliding underneath the shirt to rest on his sides.

The moment was ruined by a knock on the door. With a soft grunt, Gracelynn stepped away from Ryan. "I'll get it," she smiled. She sauntered out of the bathroom, making her way to the door. She opened it with a smile, allowing the hotel worker to push in the cart full of food. The smell hitting her was answered by her stomach growling.

The worker parked the cart against the wall, adding a vase with two roses onto the center before giving a small bow. "Congratulations to the newlyweds, may you enjoy your breakfast. Should you guys need anything, please do not hesitate in calling." The older man gave a heartfelt smile before making his exit.

Gracelynn wasn't waiting for Ryan. She pulled open one of the food lids and claimed it as her own. Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, and a few slices of bacon. Perfect breakfast for a perfect day.

"I hope you're as hungry as you said you are!" she called, dousing her waffle in syrup.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Sorry for the delay! Busy weekend! I'm more than prepared for the craziness to take over.

Ryan could feel Grace's desire and frustration as they mirrored his own. Unfortunately, they just didn't have the time to give in to their desires. She had also noticed his stare as she dressed, and had played the act up unabashedly. Grace was no shrinking violet, walking right up to him and making her opinions well known about his choice of wardrobe. Ryan felt the warmth of her gaze all the way down to his toes, but they were expecting a delivery. He took care of his morning needs as Grace finished up her own. Shaving could wait until later.

While he had been contemplating shaving, Grace had taken the time to run her hands up under his shirt, only to growl in frustration at the knock on the door. While Grace left to accept their food, Ryan put the finishing touches on his morning ritual, then headed out into the main room to find Grace happily munching her way through waffles, eggs, and bacon. Ryan immediately claimed the steak and eggs, along with a side of sausage and coffee.

"I think this'll be no problem," Ryan said with a chuckle. "And don't be surprised if you eat more than you normally do. Based on your heartbeat and scent, I think you're starting to undergo some of the Compliment changes. I think your metabolism is rising. Which is a good thing. More stamina."

Ryan waggled his eyebrows at Grace in an attempted leer, but the bond between them made it impossible, and he could see the corners of her mouth turning up as his... The power went out, leaving them with just the light coming in through the windows and the fire. After a few seconds, Ryan heard the sound of a large engine starting, then the lights came back on.

"Hunh," he said, glancing at Grace. "There's no storm. Think someone hit a pole somewhere?"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (dun dun.. dun dun.. dun dun dun dun dun dah dun dun)

Gracelynn was halfway through her breakfast by the time Ryan even emerged from the bathroom. Their late night, and morning, activities had worked up quite the appetite in her. She sipped at the apple juice as he mentioned her metabolism and heartrate. That was definitely something she was going to have to get used to--him knowing her every physical change. But before she could comment on it, the lights shut off in the blink of an eye. Slowly, she sat her cup down and glanced towards the window. Before long, the generator seemed to kick in and the lights turned back on.

"I mean.. Maybe. But there really shouldn't be anyone out this way.." This resort was on the outskirts of town, and unless you were going to the resort, you didn't have any business being out there. It was a quaint place in the middle of nowhere. This wasn't exactly the season of vacationing either. For a moment, Grace was lost in thought.

"Maybe the tornado that ripped through town knocked some lines loose.. and they finally just...fell." Gracelynn picked her fork back up and scooped up some of the scrambled eggs, soon shoveling them into her mouth. "It's probably going to take some time before they get them stable again." Soon, she cleaned her plate and returned to the cart that had been escorted to their room. She pondered over the different options before picking up a banana nut muffin and taking a small bite. She moved to Ryan's side and took a seat, placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

"We don't necessarily need lights, you know. We've got plenty of candles around here." A little mischievous smirk appeared on her lips. "Ya know, to set the mood and whathaveyou." Her elbow popped out playfully, nudging his side. Gracelynn was actually not mad about the power. They weren't going to be watching television any time soon. This was their honeymoon after all.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Let the games begin!

"Hmm," Ryan mused, raising one eyebrow at Grace. "I like the way your mind works."

Ryan paused to polish off his first plate and start on a second, one eye constantly on Grace. His free hand reached out of its own accord, stroking Grace's hair where it was forming itself into a riot of curls.

"That hair of yours seems to have a mind of its own today," he said. "I like it. In fact..."

A wave of pain and fear struck Ryan like a blow, momentarily driving all thoughts of Grace and food and honeymoon out of his mind in a wave of red. It only lasted a moment, then it was replaced by anger and determination, and fear, bordering on terror.

"Sarah..." Ryan managed to gasp out. "She's being attacked. Something's happening in the hospital. We need to get back, fast!"

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Oh crap!)

Their joyous honeymoon seemed to melt away around them. The walls seemed barely present as the same wave that washed over Ryan struck Grace. It was alarming, and his anger and fear seemed to spill over their bond and into her. Something was very, very wrong. The pack bond with Sarah wasn't nearly as strong with Grace as it was with Ryan, but she felt everything Ryan felt. It was a goulash of emotions, and none of them were good.

"Let's go," she spoke, placing the half eaten muffin back onto the tray before them. She grabbed a pair of boots from her suitcase and slipped them on her feet, not bothering to tie the leather footwear. Laces pitter-pattered as she made her way to the door. "I think it's safe to say I'm driving?" She glanced over her shoulder at him, offering meek smile. She wasn't sure what was happening, but it definitely couldn't be good if the hospital was being attacked. It was far from good if Carl hadn't managed to keep his people safe. There was something big happening. She could feel it in her bones. This town was far too secluded for an attack. Even the rogue vampire a few nights ago was out of the ordinary.

Gracelynn grabbed her keys from the small bowl next to the door and headed out, Ryan close on her heels. There was no one at the front desk as Grace hurried past, the entire area dimly lit as the generator worked to keep things running. She rushed outside and to the car, starting the engine. Her seatbelt was barely in place as she peeled out, kicking up gravel as she went. Her eyes glanced to Ryan, however, searching for some kind of reassurance. There wasn't a whole lot to be had. Whatever was happening.... was going to be far worse than either of them could even imagine.

As they neared town, Grace slowed down to a more appropriate speed. But to her surprise, nearly every shop they drove by had smashed in windows and flames were rolling out, licking at the sky above them. Her brows stitched together, and tears welled, as they passed the hardware store. It, too, was in flames. Engulfed.

"What in the world.... is going on..." She was talking more to herself at this point, truly baffled at the scene before her. The townspeople looked... odd. "Ryan.. Look..." She started to slow down more, but Marianne, the woman in the street, turned to face the car. Needless to say, the look adorned upon her features was far from pleasant. Flesh seemed to be rotting from her very frame. The look in her eye was sickly, and angry. The woman let out a loud growl and began marching towards Grace's vehicle.

"Oh, holy fuck! Nope! Nope! Nope!" Grace took a quick turn and avoided the woman, speeding off down a side street. There were others. A lot of others. It looked as if the entire town was.... just like Marianne. If this was anything like the movies, they were sure to have their hands full...

Tarmagon Tarmagon ((Grace's biggest fear is being turned into zombie food.))

Ryan followed Grace to the car, not bothering with shoes. His feet were tough, and he anticipated trouble. Shifting always seemed to be costing him shoes. As they approached the town and Grace slowed, Ryan could smell the smoke and something else. There was a smell of death, but not the normal scent of dead things, this was different...corrupted somehow. The shock Grace was feeling gave way to intense sadness as they crept deeper into the burning town and passed the blaze that just yesterday had been Grace's hardware store.

"What in the world.... is going on...Ryan.. Look..."

Before Ryan could do more than glance ahead, taking his eyes off of the burning buildings, a spike of fear, bordering on terror slammed into him from Grace, blotting out the ongoing hum of anger and fear still travelling along the Pack bond with Sarah.

"Oh, holy fuck! Nope! Nope! Nope!"

The car swerved down a side street, and Ryan began to pay closer attention to the figures moving about. They moved, wrongly somehow, gaits not quite right. The corrupted stench was much, much stronger here, and it was coming from the figures moving about. This was bad, and for a moment Ryan's brain locked up, cast back to the smoking ruin following an explosion. No. This wasn't the same at all. He had a Mate to protect, a Pack member in trouble, there were possibly survivors. Figure it out later, act now.

"Head to my RV," he said firmly, turning to look at Grace. "It's ready to move, has supplies inside, and most importantly, has weapons. Sarah is still alive, but still in danger. I don't know what the hell happened here, but we've got to deal with it. We get transportation, weapons, and look for survivors. Then we'll get the hell out of here."

Grace's eyes were a little wild, and her mouth was set in a grim line, but she turned down the next street, heading for their RV. It took several minutes of dodging and weaving around debris and what was obviously the animated bodies of townsfolk, but they eventually arrived at the RV, which was thankfully intact.

"Stay here," Ryan said, opening his door and sniffing. There didn't appear to be any immediate threats, so he darted to the RV, breaking the connections to power and water with quick motions. Opening the door, he sniffed again. Clear. He ran straight to the back of the RV, opening the closet and pulling up the false bottom to reveal his gun safe. Tapping the combination in, he flipped to door open and pulled out a pistol and a shotgun with a pistol grip. Two extra magazines went into his belt, and he grabbed a box of shells and raced to the front of the RV. A flip of a switch retracted the levelers, and the powerful engine roared to life on his first turn of the key. As the engine heated, he darted back outside, shotgun in hand, an gestured for Grace. As she opened the door, he thrust the shotgun into her hands.

"Safety here," he said pointing to a slide. "Twelve gauge, pump action. One in the chamber, five in the tube. Hold it tight to your hip and pull the trigger. Pump to reload. Forget the car, we'll take the RV for now and come back for the car if we get a chance. For now let's go find Sarah and anyone else we can rescue from this shit-storm. You drive."

Ryan had been guiding Grace into the RV as he spoke, and as the door shut behind them, she appeared to gather herself and strode towards the drivers seat. Before she could sit, a scream rang out, and Ryan's head whipped to the front window. A slim figure was running towards the RV, pursued by several quickly moving forms. It looked like, Marissa?! Marissa turned, and made a pulling gesture at one of the figures chasing her. That one dropped like a puppet with its strings cut, but Marissa sagged, nearly falling and the rest of the figures gained ground quickly. Ryan was out the door in an instant, his pistol at full extension and barking angrily. Nine shots rang out so fast it sounded like a machine-pistol. All three of the remaining figures stiffened as the silvered slugs went home, shattering skulls. Before the first body had fallen, Ryan had scooped Marissa up and dashed back to the RV, slamming the door behind him.

"Go!" he said. "That will attract attention. Head for the hospital."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Oh shit! What happened to the town?)

Her hands were tightly gripped around the steering wheel as she weaved through town. It seemed like they were the only ones on the road. No one else was about. Well, aside from the things that seemed to be taking over their town. But they were not just strangers roaming the town. These were people that Gracelynn knew; people that she had grown up around and called her family. These were people who she had held near and dear. And now? Now they were....not themselves. That was the easiest way to put it. Not themselves..

Grace nodded her head just slightly as he directed her to head to their RV. There were bodies and ruins everywhere. Everywhere she looked there were more of them. More lifeless creatures. More burning buildings. More disaster. It was overwhelming, really. But Ryan's sense of responsibility and strength seemed to calm her down from full-blow panic attack. This bond seemed to be working in her favor rather well, really. In any other instance, she would be freaking out, panicking and hyperventilating.

As they pulled up on the RV, Gracelynn kept the car in drive and watched Ryan as he dashed out and took care of the RV. She was nervous, but not nearly as much as she would be. Her eyes glanced between all the mirrors in her car, making sure there wasn't anything sneaking up on them. A wave of relief washed over her as she saw Ryan exiting the RV, guns in hand. She shut the car off immediately and took her place at his side. She took note in her head about what he was telling her about the shotgun. Needless to say, she'd never shot a gun before in her life. She hadn't even really been around one, to be honest. This town had always been so safe. It was unnecessary, really. Although her hand gripped the gun, she also kept a hand on his arm, holding on as if her life depended on it. There was just too much going on.

And as if things couldn't get worse, Ryan was trusting her with the responsibility to drive this thing. There was slight hesitation, but she nodded and headed to the driver's seat. She was almost seated when she noticed the figure running towards them. Her brows stitched together. It was Marissa! And let's just say she wasn't playing an innocent game of tag. Grace was silent as she watched Ryan leap into action. She watched as he scooped up Marissa and headed back. In that time, she pulled on her seatbelt and placed the gun on the dashboard in front of her. As soon as Ryan and Marissa were inside the RV, she stomped on the gas and the RV lurched forward, moving away from the horror scene left behind.

"Can someone please elaborate on what the hell is going on? Anyone? At all?" Gracelynn glanced back towards them, the RV gradually picking up speed as she headed towards the hospital. It was hard telling how many people were going to be there that needed help. The RV was large...but not big enough for any survivors in the hospital.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Call me the worst person ever. I'm finally feeling better, though!

"Easy Grace," Ryan said gently as she stomped on the gas, causing the RV to lurch. "She's not a car. She takes a minute to get going, and takes a lot more room to turn and a lot longer to slow down. Take it easy. nothing going to get at us in here."

Ryan settled a gasping Marissa on the captain's chair beside Grace, then moved to the fridge and grabbed out a bottle of water that he brought up to Marissa, absorbing the motion of the RV with the ease of long practice. He offered the witch the bottle, which she took with a grateful nod, downing half of it in one pull as Grace voiced her question.

"Can someone please elaborate on what the hell is going on? Anyone? At all?"

"I'm not certain," Marissa said, lowering the bottle and speaking haltingly between huge gulps of air. "About an hour? two? ago, there was a powerful surge of magic. It was, dark, hungry, evil feeling. My shields protected me from whatever it was, but when I came out to investigate, I found dead bodies everywhere. People were starting their days, going about their business, and they just, died."

Marissa, paused, her eyes haunted and her throat convulsing as she remembered. She took another gulp of water, nearly choking herself. Ryan took the bottle from Marissa's shaking hand, then gently rubbed her back until the coughing spasms subsided, his worried eyes going to Grace where she was piloting their course towards the hospital. He could feel her confusion and fear, hell, he was scared and confused himself, but he could break down later. Right now, something terrible had happened to their town, to their friends, and they needed to do whatever they could to help any survivors.

"I started to go back inside," Marissa said, her voice shaking. "But then the bodies started to get up... and to chase me. I tried a dispel, and it worked, but there were so many of them. I had to run. I saw other people, regular people, coming out of houses, and they were killed. I couldn't stop them coming out. I couldn't stop them from getting killed. And then... they got up and joined their killers. I couldn't get back, couldn't stop... couldn't stop Carl from carrying off Clara and Jessica. They're not killing everyone. Not everyone. Anyone with Power seemed to be excluded from whatever happened. The, zombies I guess, kill everyone except people with Power. They knock them out, or immobilize them, then carry them off. I don't know where... I couldn't stop them! I couldn't !"

Marissa's voice rose steadily as she spoke, growing more shrill and taking on a decided edge of hysteria as she relived her last hour or so. This wasn't going well. Marissa might be low on Power, but she was still a witch, and a hysterical witch was a dangerous witch. Normally Ryan would never try what he was about to, and there was no chance it would work under normal circumstances, but with the Bonds he shared with Grace supercharging his natural abilities, maybe he could break through to Marissa before things got out of control. Ryan reached out, taking Marissa's face in his hands, turning her to face him with implacable force.

'Marissa," he said, using the command voice as though she were a werewolf and member of his Pack. "Stop. Be calm."

Marissa had tried to jerk away from Ryan's touch, beginning to fight him, but when he spoke, she froze, staring at him as though seeing him for the first time. Ryan focused all of his attention onto the witch, doing his best to Enthrall her, to force calm onto her. It shouldn't' have worked. Against a witch, against a human, it shouldn't have worked, but it did. Marissa stared into Ryan's eyes for long moments, the panic and fear leaching away as he imposed a calm he didn't really feel onto her. As sense flooded back into her eyes, Ryan relaxed his own concentration, letting the Enthrallment fade away. Marissa shook her head sharply, then glanced at Grace before returning her regard to Ryan.

"Thank you," she said simply. "I don't know how you did that, but thank you. What do we do now?"

"We save anyone we can," Ryan said simply, "Then we find a safe place to hole up while we figure out how to find and rescue the folks these zombies seem to be collecting. After we've done that, we send everyone we can to safety and then find out who did this and teach them the error of their ways."

Ryan's voice had been matter of fact as he spoke about rescuing survivors, like it was just something they were going to do, but when he shifted to finding out who was behind this disaster, his voice had turned glacial, promising ruin and damnation to who or what ever had caused this.

"I can stop one or two more," Marissa said, "But I've expended most of my Power. The best thing I can do right now is cloak this RV so they can't tell there are living people inside."

"Do it," Ryan said. "I need to reload and grab some more magazines. I'm not going to transform if I can help it, since I don't know when or where my next major meal is going to come from. The RV is well stocked, but one or two major fights and I'll decimate the supplies in short order. Once we've found everyone we can, maybe we should head back to the Cascades. It's far enough away that whatever happened here seems to have missed it. It has generator power and supplies. And... shit. Sarah's moving. She's being chased. I think she's heading into town. Grace, take the next right. I think she's heading towards her home."

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Oh crap, things are getting bad.)

Gracelynn wanted to snap back at Ryan, to let him know that taking it easy wasn't exactly something she could do right now. Besides, he trusted her enough to drive this thing, he should be able to handle how she drives. But instead, she pressed her lips together and avoided the little spat altogether. She may be scared to death, but she was still headstrong. Ryan telling her how to drive, in a situation like this, only pricked at her nerves. Of course he would tell her to take it easy. He was Alpha, and he had to keep things in order. Gracelynn didn't agree, but she obliged, and laid off the gas a little. Which, was something she was going to have to do regardless. Once they hit the road, there was nothing but debris and...well.. bodies. Navigating through the carnage was a much bigger task in an RV than it was in a car, that was for sure.

Her attention was mainly on the road, however, when Marissa spoke, her ears tuned in. From what she was saying, the people just died. And then...rose from the dead. Like some cheap horror movie. Only difference was, there was no director screaming Cut! when something went awry. This time, these creatures, who used to be the townfolk, are real. They didn't have costumes and make up adorned. This was the real thing. Gracelynn was all for horror movies, especially ones that involved zombies. She did not, however, want to ever be in a situation where she was stuck in the middle of it. And yet, here they were. The three of them were all stuck. They were stuck in this RV with limited supplies and off to rescue whoever they could manage to get their hands on. Gracelynn had an uneasy feeling. She had never shot a gun, she had never been in a dire situation like this, and she certainly was not combat ready for any of this.

Pale green eyes glanced in Marissa's direction as Ryan calmed her down. Gracelynn was relieved. Whenever someone began to panic, it spread like wildfire. If Marissa was freaking out, someone who had power and was able to slightly understand what was going on, was freaking out, then everyone should be freaking out. The only one who seemed to have a grip on things was Ryan, which in turn, kept Grace from losing her mind as well. Their bonds were strong, and she could sense that he had a hint of fear. But he was able to keep that bottled down, and that helped Grace. They were all in this together, even the people they were set out to find and help. It was hard telling how many there would be, but she knew that Ryan wouldn't stop looking until he was certain.

"Hang onto your seats!" Grace spoke, taking the next right a little more sharp than she would have liked. This RV was like driving a brick. A very large brick with horrible aerodynamics. Gracelynn knew where Sarah lived, and she only hoped that it wasn't in ruins like other half of the town. Sarah had already been through a lot, and was going to continue going through a lot. She was a new were who was probably still trying to figure everything out. Ryan would help, she was sure. But at a time like this, it would have to take the back seat until they had everything back to the way it was. Or at least as close to what it was as they could manage. Nothing would ever be the same after this.

"Is that her?" she asked, leaning forward in the seat, her body nearly resting on the steering wheel. She looked out the large windows at the small figure sprinting down the street. It had to be Sarah. Who else would be running around town in a hospital gown? Grace stepped on the gas just a little, and as they finally approached, she slowed, finally coming to a stop. She'd let Ryan handle most of the events happening outside of the RV. She just did not have it in her to take a step outside without reassurance that she wasn't going to be someone's next meal.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

Ryan could feel Grace's irritation as he told her to ease off, and he ruthlessly squashed his own irritation at her attitude. He hadn't missed the hesitation when he had told her to drive the behemoth, and it had taken him nearly a month to get comfortable with driving the huge vehicle, so he had told Grace what he had learned the hard way. She had to have felt that he was offering advice, but then again, maybe the Bond was perhaps a little strained right now. They'd have to work on that in the future, because they'd have no end of arguments if Grace decided that every time he said something that was meant as helpful he was being critical or condescending. For right now though, it was enough that she was slowing, because if she over-compensated and the RV crashed, they were screwed.

Thank the Silver Lady, he had managed to calm Marissa. Her breathing might be a little unsteady, but there was intelligence in her eyes once more. His earlier concerns about Grace being unfamiliar with the RV came back to the fore as she called out "Hang onto your seats!" before putting the RV through a sharp right that had it rocking on its springs as the top heavy vehicle protested the violent maneuvers it was being asked to make. Ryan didn't say anything, just darted back to the gun safe, even as the vehicle rocked, grabbing out a harness with a holster and slots for multiple magazines. The two magazine from his belt went into the harness, as did three more. He dropped the partial mag from the pistol, thumbing rounds in to top it off as he headed back up to the front of the RV, just in time to hear Grace ask "Is that her?"

Without waiting for an answer, Grace sped up to meet the running figure, then brought the RV to a smooth stop just ahead of the small figure. Ryan hopped out, eyes scanning for threats before focusing on Sarah. She was still running flat out, no sign that she even recognized that the RV was there, much less Ryan.

"Stop Sarah," Ryan said forcefully, and the slim figure, clad only in a hospital gown, stopped as though she had run into a brick wall.

"R-r-r-ryan?" she asked, blinking at him owlishly.

Before Ryan could reply, four figures came around the corner Sarah had been running away from, loping in an easily recognizable yet oh so wrong gait. Werewolves, in hybrid form. Zombie werewolves.

"DOWN!" Ryan barked, and despite her obvious confusion, Sarah dropped prone as his pistol cleared its holster. The sharp 'crack' of gunfire erupted, but these targets were more difficult than the regular, human zombies. It took six shots before the first target dropped, it's had an unrecognisable ruin. That math didn't work out, since his magazine only held eighteen rounds. Ryan switched his point of aim, targeting the knees of the zombies. Somehow, he managed to put at least one round into each target, hobbling the zombies. Even with shattered legs, they pulled themselves forward, mouths twisted in silent snarls as their claws dug into the pavement. Ryan scooped up Sarah, turning to the RV, just as a tawny form shot from an alley into the RV.

readysetstalk readysetstalk (Time for Grace to shine)

Not every word Ryan said to Gracelynn would be taken in offense. But when there were undead beings rushing them, Grace tended to overreact a little. And if she was asked to drive an RV without any prior experience driving something even remotely this large, there were going to be hiccups. Gracelynn was still rather independent, and so advise wasn't always welcomed with open arms. Perhaps having Marissa present while he was coaching her sent her a little over edge. Or the fact they were being chased by zombies. It was all a huge mess. She followed his directions, the RV protesting. And before long, they were stopped.

Gracelynn reached forward and grabbed her gun off the dashboard, unfastening her seatbelt. She wanted to be ready just in case Ryan needed her. It was a big toss up on whether or not she'd be much of a help, but she would be ready regardless. It was quiet. Unnervingly quiet. Until there were gunshots. Only this time... Grace counted. And something seemed off. She sense his confusion through their bond, her own heart rate picking up. Something wasn't right. She could tell. Gracelynn rose from the driver's seat, letting the RV idle in park. She started to make her way towards the door to poke her head out, but before she could get much further, there was suddenly something else standing in her way.

Grace froze in her steps, unsure of what to think at first. Her eyes were wide, but it soon hit her like a ton of bricks. If she were in a cartoon, a little lightbulb would have went off above her head. The wolf before her had never been seen by her before. But she recognized who it was, and the state they were in. Gracelynn could sense the aura around her, knowing very well that the wolf in front of her was just as scared as everyone else was. Grace immediately sat her gun off to the side, and held up her hands, showing the wolf that she had nothing to harm her.

"Hey, hey.. Kathy? Kathy, it's okay... You're gonna be okay," she spoke, a certain amount of power suddenly taking over her.

Kathy, who was beyond scared, had bared down and was backing away from Grace, her teeth barred. She knew Grace meant no harm, but her wolf was more adamant on protecting itself than anything. Grace was no exception.

Grace took one step closer to Kathy, but the wolf within her let out a low, warning growl. Grace paused, before focusing on the next words she spoke. "Kathy, stop. Calm down. You. Are. Safe." And much like the way Ryan had spoke to Marissa, Grace spoke to Kathy. And to everyone's surprise, it worked. After just a few seconds, the wolf straightened, and soon, there was a naked Kathy lying there on the middle of the floor in front of Grace. She was shaking, cold and still scared. Gracelynn immediately grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and draped it around Kathy's shoulders, pulling her into a strong hug as she knelt down next to her.

Kathy buried her face into Grace's chest, her breathing slowly leveling out. Now that she was in her human form, the bruises and cuts she had all over her body were apparent. Gracelynn would address those later, when they were able to take the time to dress the wounds. With the sounds of gunshots going on outside, now was not a good time. But suddenly, there was something else. Something...familiar. Was this... was this another bond? Gracelynn could barely sort everything out with her mindset right now. She could feel the pulling though, and she accepted whatever it was, her arms only tightening around Kathy.

"It's okay... You're okay, now.." Grace spoke, her hands rubbing her shoulders.

Tarmagon Tarmagon It's rough. Very rough. I'm hoping I grasped everything correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back