• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Competitive Superhero RP

Elysium

Nuts
Hi peeps. I was toying with some ideas for rps, and I really want to try out a teen-titans-ish rp between two rival groups of wannabe superheroes. There won't be a real limit on powers or abilities, but the powers will start off as rudimentary and weak and build as the story goes on. 

The story will be set a bit into the future, maybe the year 2050, and will take place in the fantasy city I have just about fleshed out. The plot is still in the works, but I was planning on having a few random missions and side quests to burn some time before the real plot, complete with a supervillain mastermind, comes into play.

Any questions? Takers?

i'm kind of interested, can i have two characters that work as a duo whose powers don't work without each other?

Tentatively interested! Depending on what type of character you'd prefer to be in this RP depends on who I'd feel comfortable using but I'm sure I'd find someone I can use.

What age-range would you expect for the characters?

@Kuronokami39 pm me and let me know what you have in mind. I'm sure we can work it out.

@0stinato can't tag you for some reason. Anyway, I'll accept any power or background, even alien, Starfire/Raven style, as long as they aren't too OP. They don't even have to be "super" per se. For instance I'm going to play a shaolin-esque monk character with a robotic arm and a knack for gun-fu, who'll eventually have a full suit of robotic armor (but nothing as OP as Iron Man's massive armor collection or god tier intellect.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance we can be a villain. I want to be incharge of a high-tech paramilitary type organization that is run by a crimelord

@Elysium Prepare yourself for a Nihilistic and unflattering hermaphrodite who's only interested in saving the world because his sister lives in it. I'll try and have him be nice to everyone though. 

Alright, I think we have enough people to at least start the RP up, get a sign up going. I was hoping for at least eight heroes before we started the rp itself, so if any of you know anybody who's be interested, please invite them.

@Samurai Jay pm me and let me know what you had in mind.

Always room for a few more. I'll start working on the thread this weekend. Its been busy at the shop I work at so not a lot of free time atm.

@Samurai Jay I've thought about it, and I've decided I will let you play the antagonist. You, I, and whoever volunteers to play the other team's leader will all be in constant contact to keep the ball a'rollin.

That being said, I need one volunteer to play the leader of the other group of heroes.

Starting to work on it. A bit of a slow go since I'm on my phone. Anyway, here's a super basic character sheet to get you guys started. When the sign up thread is started I'll probably add some sections so just keep that in mind.

Appearance (no real life pics please)

Name

Alias

Height and weight

Personality

Powers/abilities

Gear

I'm interested, but I have a question!

When you say "competitive," what exactly does that mean? Could that be fleshed out a bit? I'm generally a fan of cooperative ventures in RP, which is why I wanted to know.

From what it has been explained it sounds like there are two super hero teams in the city and a limited number of bad guys. This leads to the super hero's sometimes competing for the ability to save others since if they become less well know they lose the perks of the job

Also, is there any particular lore or setting information set aside yet? I think that's the only other question I have.

It sounds promising, but there are a lot of questions left unanswered.

I would be willing to participate, but only after knowing a little more.

I'm interested, but I have a question!

When you say "competitive," what exactly does that mean? Could that be fleshed out a bit? I'm generally a fan of cooperative ventures in RP, which is why I wanted to know.

It sounds promising, but there are a lot of questions left unanswered.

I would be willing to participate, but only after knowing a little more.

Hey, thanks for the questions and potential support.

@_Line 213 by competitive I simply mean that two rival groups of superhero wannabes fight bad guys, and occasionally each other for the glory, or simply because they have different views. One team has the stereotypical "no killing, minimize casualties, help the law deal with them" type of hero, and the other group follows an "ends justify the means" type of heroism. It's up to the players if they're friendly rivals or not.

@Lush well, idk what exactly you want to know, but I can give you some general answers. The story takes place in dystopian Neo Sirius, a massive metropolis, in the year 2050. To fight rising crime and corruption, some like minded, supernaturally-endowed people banded together to form a group to fight it off. However, differences in methodology caused them to split into two separate superhero teams. That's the basis of the back story. Is there anything else you needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back