• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Competitive Superhero RP

That's why I wanted a progress report, not a first post. I can understand not having an hour+ to plan and write things out as a student. We all have our schedules to keep, after all. For a progress report, however... It would literally take less than two minutes to make; just telling us that there are delays (without even mentioning why) would suffice (for now, at least).

I don't mean to act entitled, but if that can't be managed within a week then something is clearly wrong.

Their stated age in their profile would indicate a college student. A graduate student, even.

Both of those categories might end up not having time to log into a roleplay forum at the top of the week, I assure you.

It's the end of Wednesday, just give them a break.

Their stated age in their profile would indicate a college student. A graduate student, even.

Both of those categories might end up not having time to log into a roleplay forum at the top of the week, I assure you.

It's the end of Wednesday, just give them a break.

I stand by what I said.

Just now, I tested the amount of time it took to boot up my ~5 year old phone from its completely-off mode, go onto the internet, search up RPNation, sign in, and use the notifications bar to arrive here (which @Elysium will be able to do easily due to the amount of times he's been tagged). The time that was taken: 3 minutes, 16 seconds. Roughly two minutes of that was booting up my phone.

Like I said before, I'm not asking for much. I'd be satisfied with 'There have been some irl issues that are causing some delays'. That would take, what... 15 seconds at most to type?

I understand that sympathy needs to be given to people without a lot of time on their hands, and that mental exhaustion can be a factor... But no one, no one can't delegate 3 minutes, 31 seconds throughout a week to show the people they've gathered that they haven't just up and left. I'm waiting until the 18th until I become OK with @Akio Chikara's suggestion, even if the thought of stealing an RP does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They have ample time to stop it from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that happens, I'm out then, because jacking someone's concept is the opposite of cool to me.

It isnt the best idea either but I have been trying to get incontact to write the opening for a while now. He'll he even told me to message him to do it and never responded.

It isnt the best idea either but I have been trying to get incontact to write the opening for a while now. He'll he even told me to message him to do it and never responded.

This still isn't an excuse to take someone's roleplay concept and go. If people want to go elsewhere, then we should go elsewhere and brainstorm a new city, new lore if necessary, and come up with a new setup, so that this guy can come back and still run their roleplay if he wants to.

We at least owe them that courtesy, and not doing that is extremely scummy, regardless of how much time they take.

If that happens, I'm out then, because jacking someone's concept is the opposite of cool to me.

It's not ideal, no... But a week of absolute silence when progress was promised is almost always a sign that the GM has abandoned the idea altogether. Between choosing to let an RP -- one that I've created a Character taking several hours to create -- die, or come back resurrected, I'd have to choose the latter. If you don't choose to do the same, then... I can only accept it, even if it's a shame, given your character's level of depth.

This still isn't an excuse to take someone's roleplay concept and go. If people want to go elsewhere, then we should go elsewhere and brainstorm a new city, new lore if necessary, and come up with a new setup, so that this guy can come back and still run their roleplay if he wants to.

We at least owe them that courtesy, and not doing that is extremely scummy, regardless of how much time they take.

Ah. That's right, that was an option too, wasn't it... Just making a different setting for a superhero RP had completely skipped my mind.

@Akio Chikara, I would recommend this idea instead of necromancy, if possible.

I am so sorry everyone. Had to go a few days without a phone, and over been swamped with school and studying for certifications and life in general. I'm actually very unsure if I'm going to have the time to run an RP, but I'll do what I can.

I'll get the ball rolling on characters tonight and start it up if I can. If not, by this weekend for real this time.

I am so sorry everyone. Had to go a few days without a phone, and over been swamped with school and studying for certifications and life in general. I'm actually very unsure if I'm going to have the time to run an RP, but I'll do what I can.

I'll get the ball rolling on characters tonight and start it up if I can. If not, by this weekend for real this time.

Plenty of us willing to help ease the workload if you have need of it!

@Truthblade yeah for now.

@Everyone. @_Line213 has volunteered to by my Co-GM/SiC, and they have the task of helping critique characters. Anything too op will need to be nerfed. The idea was superheroes/villians with room to grow, not gods among men. We can get to that point later.

will you let us know if our characters are too op? by the way, im still confused if i have the spot of hero leader or not? @Elysium

What exactly are the the limits to powers (just looking for examples).

Well I know to come,up with a different citys and lore I'm not that low. Hell last time something like this happened we gave him,the RP once he came,back online after a month (injery that lead to him,not able to leave the hospitals)

It might be a good idea to balance around not being able to destroy the city in a single punch or something. We shouldn't be able to immediately throw out megatons of force.

@_Line 213

@Elysium

I'm going to be going back to edit my character and review it, watch for any changes to the abilities and probably minor edits to the powers, possibly rewriting the history, too. Figured I should let you know.

It might be a good idea to balance around not being able to destroy the city in a single punch or something. We shouldn't be able to immediately throw out megatons of force.

This is more or less what we're balancing around. The good thing is that most people are already in the range of acceptability; we're waiting on a few people to get back to us on minor things, but that's about it!

OOC and settings threads are up. I'm aware of the broken picture in the settings, will deal with later. 

The links are at the bottom of the intro post. I'll finish working with characters and then we'll get started. 

As of this post, this thread is closed. Go post in the OOC if you have questions or want to talk. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back