• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Commence Heroism

Tacos or Burritos?

• Tacos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burritos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ensig, I like you already.

To add to your list of reasons there, I'd include the fact that I (and I imagine plenty others) don't like it when the thing that makes my character unique is just some weird trait they were born with (bloodlines) or a magic item that they lean on. I will cheer more for a 3 HP peasant with a pitchfork getting in a fight with a 4 HP wolf than I will for some prophesied hero lifting the sword of light against the dark lord and his armies. The latter is just boring at this point, and even if the hero wins, who cares? It's to be expected, in the end. The peasant, on the other hand, doesn't have prophesy behind him. He doesn't have the shiny armor, the magic weapon, the hopes and dreams of a nation, or any of that. At most, he has his family back at home who don't even know that he's in danger, and if he dies he'll get dragged into the woods and nobody is likely to ever find his body. He wins or loses purely on his own abilities, his own tenacity, and his own desire to live. IMO, WAY more interesting.

So yeah, I'd rather avoid the bloodlines / artifacts thing as well, if that's an option.

With this many people though, we could run caravan guards pretty well. Always opportunity there, and it's the kind of work that'll see grizzled mercs working alongside bright-eyed optimists who want to go and be heroes someday.

Wanna go ahead and post our character sheets n just edit them as needed?

Don't mind me, just squeezing my interest check here. Just, finding a place to put it... there's a small crack here. All I need to do is push it in there. Perfect, 100% stable.

Also, besides the stuff that the others pointed out, the GM said that he is working on a plot, so we should just wait for him to finish it.

To everyone: Please pm me to give me ideas directly, and you can discuss things, however, I've already made the fundamentals of the game, so please bare with me. :)

Windows98 said:
Can Golems only be Rock or Iron?
Pm me for others. :)

SP3CT3R said:
Soooo does anyone want to start working on plot? I was thinking that since we have twelve people, (assuming DragonBanner is making acharacter) each character is from a special bloodline that can harness the power of a certain artifact weapon made from one of the twelve birthstones or something like that.
I am currently working on the plot/locations/ect. Be patient please. And I will NOT be making a character, I am the mighty GM, and please don't add ideas without discussing it with me. :)

[QUOTE="Primal Conundrum]Only problem with bloodlines is that it doesn't work with characters like Golems who don't have blood.
Question to the GM: are Gnolls acceptable as a player race?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, as long as they are civilized.

Due to the amount of writing I'm doing, and how much I'm putting into this world, the official thread will become DETAILED.

This means I will be finishing soon, but it may take a little longer.

This also means that in the end I will be expecting more from you as the players, in both your characters, backstories, and in your writing styles, If you are no longer interested due to this, I will understand, but please let me know now, so I know who and what I'm dealing with here.

Also, as always PM me if you wish to discuss something, or want to get a head start on your character. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cryo said:
If it's still open can I join?
For now I will not be accepting any more applications, but if you'd like to hang tight, some people may back out, or I may have an opening in the near future. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back