• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Commence Heroism

Tacos or Burritos?

• Tacos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burritos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DragonBanner

Magic is alive and well, and known/used throughout the lands, different places have different views of races, but you'll be starting in a city called Vi'Lora, a somewhat peaceful city, built by all sorts, pretty much a mash up of culture, politics, magic, and art, and a bit of technology (simplistic, steam-like). Really pretty. :D

Take a medieval fantasy word, add some magic, invading monsters and evil stuff, add some brave (or bored) heroes, commence adventure.

This will mainly be a fun, and chill Rp, but not ridiculous, or free for all, still a good background, and history, and common expectations.

I'm interested in being the gm to a group of adventurers, let me know if you're a hero willing to take on evil forces, with other heroes for the greater good (or a really good payday)!

Playable races will include, Humans, Elves, Golems (Iron,rock), Dwarves, Half elves, Orcs, Goblins?, or Half orcs. (Pm me for other)

Rules-

No god modding

Follow the site's rules

No OP characters

Characters must be(17+)

Basic English use and grammar

Romance is fine, but not the goal

No killing other players unless they want you to (for whatever reason..)

Be classy Ladies and gents in OOC

Respond as much as you can (after 3 days, unless you pm me, I'll delete ya.)

Let me know your thoughts/ideas, and if you wanna be a part of this. > :D

Interested, so long as it's GM'd well. I have a good idea for a Goblin character, so tag me when/if this takes off the ground.

Maaaaaaybe we should close this before our little party turns into a full-blown guild.

Probably a good idea, since you have people like me who are paying attention to this and are interested but haven't even piped up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
SP3CT3R said:
Maaaaaaybe we should close this before our little party turns into a full-blown guild.
I hereby found the guild of Taco > Burrito! All Taco lovers, rally to me!

-- Jokes aside, I agree, since the RP would be a bit hard to manage if this grows much further.

3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg

Many people

Such numbers

(But seriously we gotta close this)

Soooo does anyone want to start working on plot? I was thinking that since we have twelve people, (assuming DragonBanner is making acharacter) each character is from a special bloodline that can harness the power of a certain artifact weapon made from one of the twelve birthstones or something like that.

Only problem with bloodlines is that it doesn't work with characters like Golems who don't have blood.

Question to the GM: are Gnolls acceptable as a player race?

Maybe the Golem's were previous humans? Or made by Humans to protect that Artifact? Maybe the Golem is an Artifact.

I disagree with the idea of bloodlines and artifact weapons.

For bloodlines, rather than something like 'Golems don't have blood', I'm disagreeing at a fundamental level. The 'Heroes' shouldn't be duty-bound to go on an Adventure -- or at least most of them shouldn't. It should be a choice by us, the writers, to make that call. The 'Heroes' (put in quotations because I believe it's being used as a dramatized-version of 'Characters you will design/control') should be able to have their own reasons for doing what they do.

And this isn't strictly my opinion/preference on the matter either. From @DragonBanner's post:

DragonBanner said:
let me know if you're a hero willing to take on evil forces, with other heroes for the greater good (or a really good payday)!
The 'payday' bit means that the common riffraff -- Mercenaries, Wanderers, etc -- can be 'heroes'. While it would be entertaining to see bloodlines in said riffraff families, it just seems constraining in the end. Furthermore, if more Apps are made in the future, it would force said apps to make a 'not from a bloodline' App, which makes them seem less important. There're also other problems, like... What if a bloodline character dies? What if RPr who controls them vanishes?

For Artifact Weapons... I disagree simply because I don't like the idea of starting with a single weapon and using that very same weapon all the way through the campaign. Call me old fashioned, but I like making characters that start with a rusty iron sword and finish with Durandal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back